Speaker 1: We have an update on Andrew Wiggins. I avoided discussing the situation in detail because it's a personal matter and I didn't want to get into it. I did a TikTok. There's a bunch of rumors about what happened with him and his girlfriend. There's a bunch of floating rumors circulating that were bullshit. Even Andrew Wiggins's girlfriend was responding to my TikTok videos, which was wild, saying that these were one hundred percent falls. I'm not even gonna mention what the rumors are anyway. Now we kind of have an honest update on what's happening with Wiggins. He's now back with the team.
Speaker 2: We even got a boom. This is the bomb. This is the sound of the woes bomb on it.
Speaker 1: Golden State Warriors All Star forward Andrew Wiggins is nearing a return to the team and is expecting to be back this week. Wiggins is missed twenty one games attending to a family member matter.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: Huge boost for the defending champions and the sixth seed in the West. This was followed by the first bits of real information about why Wiggins has missed the past twenty five games.
Speaker 2: What was the personal matter.
Speaker 1: According to Shams, who always gives us more information than WOAJ, Andrew Wiggins's father is currently dealing with a serious medical condition. And Andrew Wiggins plans to attend Warriors Thunder on Tuesday. The reason for wiggins leave of absence since mid February is his father, Mitchell Wiggins, has been dealing with a serious medical condition situation. Sources close to the situation say it's rumored that Andrew Wiggins will be back before the play in tournament, which the Warriors inevitably will be in. That's a kind of a tune up for Andrew Wiggins, actually a plan in game. Maybe it's actually better for them and the Dubs need him more. Our Dubs need him, probably more than they ever had before.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest.
Speaker 1: Big prayers up for Wiggs, his pop, his entire family. It is great to have you back.
Speaker 2: Let's move on. We got to talk about this.
Speaker 1: Women's Final four championship game really quickly because the game was incredible. My mom was texting me every other second. She had so many thoughts about Angel Reese and Alexis Morris and Caitlin Clark. She was just breaking down their game, talking about how incredible the post play was. The game, let's be honest, wasn't nearly as fun probably as it should have been, because of the refs. The refs fucked everything up. They put Kaitlyn Clark in a foul trouble. They put Angel recent foul trouble. They put Alectionis Morris into four O foul trouble. They put Sisano Monica Sizano.
Speaker 2: In foul trouble.
Speaker 1: It was probably the worst ref game I've ever seen in my life. And it was trending on Twitter. Of course, it's anytime you have, you know, trending the refs on Twitter, that's never good, right, But really, it was the aftermath of it that I want to talk about for a few minutes, specifically the reaction to Angel Reese and her trash talking. I love Angel Rees I do. I did my fair share of trash talking on the court. I did my fair share of trash talking when the game was over on the court. Nothing would stop me from coming to someone who was anointed.
Speaker 2: As the future of college basketball if.
Speaker 1: I slayed her and I got to tell her, yo, you forgot about the Tigers.
Speaker 2: I love how many eyeballs were on the game.
Speaker 1: I think five point five million for the Iowa South Carolina semifinal alone, which is twice as many viewers as any NBA game on ESPN this year.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I understand that Angel Reese was quote unquote taunting Caitlin Clark.
Speaker 2: Makes sense. She came right up into her face, did the ring, did can't see me? John Cena.
Speaker 1: But let's be real, if the tables were turned and Kitlyn Clark did that to Angel Reese's face, same way, would people have called Caitlyn Clark a classless piece of shit.
Speaker 2: The answer is, think about it in your head.
Speaker 1: Do not immediately say yes, because if you immediately say yes.
Speaker 2: You're lying. You're lying.
Speaker 1: People who are willing to go on the record and tweet out that any twenty year old kid in the height of their most important moment of their basketball career is a piece of shit needs to look at themselves in the mirror and say I am out of pocket. There is a lot going on there. There is a racial undertone to the entire women's basketball tournament. Could not be more whier blacker matchup than Iowa versus Louisiana State. Look at the rosters, and I like the Angel Rees said, I am unapologetically myself. I do not care if you think that I am hood. I do not care if you think that I am not the typical player. I am gonna do me and they need to put some respect on my name.
Speaker 2: So that's really it.
Speaker 1: I'm excited that people are interested in women's basketball next year. Let's stop saying anything out of pocket about kids.
Speaker 2: Let's just not.
Speaker 1: Maybe you think that it was a classless move, but don't call her personally classless. Maybe you think it was shitty in how she did it, don't call her a piece of shit.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Don't do that. Let's concentrate on what's good.
Speaker 1: Caitlyn Clark, Angel Reese, Hayley van Lyth, Zia Cook. By the way, Caitlyn Clark and Angel Reese both juniors, who We're gonna get some more of this, baby. We are gonna get a little Film Night Invitational November twenty fifth, twenty twenty three, in Portland, Oregon. Another and I bet they played one another. First game of the PKI women's basketball is blowing up.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm here for it, but don't be a bad person when you're commenting on the game.
Speaker 2: That's all the time that we have for the episode of the Heat Check. Check back Monday.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to check the feed for past episodes, interviews, bonus episodes.
Speaker 2: Please follow us on the Heat Check.
Speaker 1: The playoffs are here, people, download, subscribe, Tell your friends, tell every damn one of them, follow us on socialde.
Speaker 2: This heat Check, and just to criick on TikTok because the
Speaker 1: Heat Check never sleeps, even when my voice is going for my tilte