Speaker 1: Hey there, Fana Ritos.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to an all new episode of How Rude Tanner Ritos. Today, we're interviewing a guest star who will always hold a special place in our hearts, whether it's because of the pure chaos he brought to these storylines or because he was Jody Sweeten's first on screen kiss. Jordan Christopher Michael, also known as Rusty, will remain a huge part of the full House legacy forever, and we can't wait to talk to him today.
Speaker 1: So let's get this interview started.
Speaker 3: I apologize in advance. I'm not a.
Speaker 4: Don't apologize weirdy by.
Speaker 3: Stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that did stuff. That's all you got to do. We can hear you, we can see you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no, we every We've been doing this podcast now for a considerable amount of time, and it feels like almost every week, Uh, one of us forgets how to do something.
Speaker 1: It's always don't.
Speaker 3: I haven't zoomed since COVID, so as you can see, I opened up the link and then my ladies thing popped up.
Speaker 4: You know what, Hey what you made it?
Speaker 5: So to be fair, we have interviewed, uh, some octogenarians on our show that we're writers and so if they can make it through zoom, can you.
Speaker 1: We're not worried about you.
Speaker 4: We're not worried about it. And also just so you know, we just start kind of we just jump right in.
Speaker 5: We just start like the interview now, so we're rolling, so like now, good to see you again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good to see you both?
Speaker 1: How od Yes? Y?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've seen you since the Full House days, but you and Jody reunited a little more recently than that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got to do the Hollywood Darlings episode and.
Speaker 5: Oh it was so fun and it was you know, the whole thing was about like that I kept having failed relationships, so like why don't I you know what, maybe I should get hooked back up with Rusty like he was my first kiss. Maybe I should should find out what he's doing. Yeah, so that was like the whole premise of the Ridiculous show.
Speaker 3: I believe I was a Yes, I was a tattoo artist.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: What did you think when you got that phone call to come back and talk about your days, Rusty?
Speaker 1: Like what that must have been like it's been so long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought I thought that was super cool. It was. Yeah, it was fun and it seemed like such a fun show, so I look forward to being on it. Uh, you know, the whole premise of it just it's it's like everybody's dream. You just you you get to work with your friends, yeah, and just make a show. And it seemed like you had a lot of creative leeway on.
Speaker 5: It, so we have I mean, it was all it was an all improv show, so it was like you knew, you know, sort of it's like a curb your enthusiasm, and you're right.
Speaker 4: It was really fun. Christinelake and Beverly Mitchell and I had.
Speaker 5: A blast because it was like, go for it, whatever you want to do, and I was like, yeah, like like anything, I could say anything I wanted. Although we did get a note at one point they were like.
Speaker 4: Could she maybe just just a little less?
Speaker 5: And I was like, you said, you gave me permission. But it was fun. Yeah, we were Yeah, we were in that uh that little tattoo shop over over in like North Hollywood there.
Speaker 4: I tried to buy it every once in a while. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So we've been watching obviously the show going back to the original, but I forgot that Rusty was in.
Speaker 4: So many episodes like you did four right, four?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, there was, yeah, four in total. I think that sounds right.
Speaker 2: We've we've just gotten those episodes too. So we've seen the Secret love Letter episode and then the first episode where you were playing pranks on everyone with the dining room table.
Speaker 1: So those are the two we've seen so far.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I will say the Secret Admirer one is is fans favorite episode?
Speaker 1: Top rated?
Speaker 3: It's a I think that's a good episode. I always like, I always liked how that how that episode went. It felt it felt a little different, I guess in that I just kind of like how they structured it. It was, you know, usually everybody's kind of splintered as their own thing going on, and this was kind of one through line of this letter for sure, wreaking havoc on everybody, and it just followed that little path, and I always thought that was kind of cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are my favorite types of storylines where everyone's involved in that through line.
Speaker 3: Like you said, yeah, I had that kind of like you know, say, kind of version of a of a you know, kind of a who done it? A little bit of a mystery passing through the house. And yeah, that that one was a lot of fun to do. I mean, they were all fun to do, but that one stood out because people seem to really like that. Mmm.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's people. People loved your character. People loved Rusty.
Speaker 5: They thought he was like such a great sort of Dennis the Menace, uh foil to the Three Girls, you.
Speaker 3: Know, uh yeah, some some some didn't. And they let me know. I got letters, you.
Speaker 1: Know, oh really really fan letters about about Rusty.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't call it fan letter. Yes, some fan letters about Rusty, but I I also you know, there were people out there that didn't. They were very i think very protective of the casting that they were familiar with. And then this nightmare comes in, you know, causing all this havoc, and there was a you know, there's a certain amount of like, how dare you kind of kind of a thing. So it wasn't everybody's favorite, but you know, enough it was cool and if and if you didn't like it, then I mean that was also kind of.
Speaker 5: The point either of, right, right, that was kind of yeah, you didn't really want to like Rusty too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was somewhere in the middle. There were likable things and there were dislikable things, so I get it. But yeah, there were a few people that really didn't like it and they let me so it was fun. It was a bit of an adventure for a minute.
Speaker 2: Those are the people that have parasocial relationships with the cast.
Speaker 1: Members on the show.
Speaker 2: There's like, no, that's my family that you're playing on, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure, I mean I get it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean we all get a little protective of people. But do you remember auditioning for the show?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 5: What was it like, like, did you watch it already or were you okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely watched the show. I was a big TGIF fan at the time. I don't remember the exact lineup. It changed a few times, but I feel like by the time I got involved, it was like season three or four, so yeah, it was established. It was. It was a hit. I think maybe you know, it was probably step by step following it or something like that. It was a good night of television for ten twelve year old however I was at the time.
Speaker 4: How old were you when you did the show?
Speaker 3: I feel like it was like ninety ninety one or something like that, So yeah, ten, ten eleven something like that seventh grade. I think it was seventh grade for.
Speaker 4: Me, okay, okay, yeah, because I feel like you were like a couple.
Speaker 5: You were like a couple of years older than I was. I think at the time, two years. Yeah, I was gonna say, I think you were like two years older than me. Yeah, which, of course then is like you're like we're world's apart.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, for sure. Yeah, yeah, I remember that. I remember getting the call and being super excited because it was a show I watched and it was a show I liked, and so super cool opportunity. But you know, thinking back to those days of how we used to do it with casting, it was, you know, it was a daily trek to l a and so the only way to survive at that age was to have it instilled upon yourself that you go on the audition, doesn't matter what it's for, however much you want it, you just got to get it out of your mind as soon as soon as you leave and have no attachments to anything. So super excited, let it go. God. I don't remember if there was a callback or something, but I remember going in reading with Deborah and that probably was a callback. When they were matching us up. And that went really well because a lot of the people at the casting office were asking if you know that was in fact my mom.
Speaker 1: And oh that's always good, right, You're like, oh, yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, significantly more related than me and my actual mom actually, right, So yeah, it worked out. It worked out good. And then yeah, that was super exciting when they called and said, hey, I want you to do the show. That was you know, I definitely remember that. It was one of the larger things I had done at that point by a good amount. So yeah, that was a super.
Speaker 5: What other what what other stuff had you done before Full House at the time? Had you been working as a kid actor for a while or was it like relatively new.
Speaker 3: Or I should have googled myself before this. I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I don't You're like, I don't know the day years. I don't know how old I was, right.
Speaker 3: I don't remember exactly what the timeline I had done. I think by that point I had done a few kind of one off episodes of like Matt Locke. I had done a lot of commercials by that point, and it was where you're at that age, you know, you start theater commercials, then your agent starts looking at like television and film and stuff like that. So I was just getting into the television part, and I think I had maybe done matt Lock before that and a few other a lot of.
Speaker 5: Pilots ear back in the day when yeah, they used to just shoot pilots and be like, I don't know, let's see how it does.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like it was at that point where there was a lot of new found success with stand ups, and so I remember going through a phase where I was playing a stand up comedian's son or something on a regular basis. There were a lot of those pilots that didn't that didn't work out.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I think that was originally supposed to be the plot of Full House, was that it was three comedians comics House of Comics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was something about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jeff was about that. Yeah, I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 5: In the eighties it was everyone wanted to do stand up. Now everyone wants to be an Instagram influencer.
Speaker 3: So yeah, me too. Yeah, do you.
Speaker 4: Still get do you ever get recognized by people?
Speaker 3: I don't get recognized as no, not not not in a while, but people people definitely they remember that if if, if it ever comes up that, oh, when you know you've done done these parts and what I remember you from, Like that's an easy go to, right And amazingly a lot of people remember those episodes still to this day. So it's syndicated everywhere. There's a new audience finding it all the time. It's shot legs. It's amazing. So I've run into people that are, you know, significantly younger, that have just discovered the show and are going through it. They're watching that, they're watching Fuller House, they're a big fan, so it's like fresh in their mind. And yeah, but no, nobody's coming up to me at the grocery store or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Just for the best, I'm going to do it now.
Speaker 5: I'm going to just find out wherever you live and just show at your grocery store and be like.
Speaker 3: That's that rest. That's fine. Yeah, I think there's like ten people that live in this town or something like that.
Speaker 5: So I think I'm okay, what part of what part of the country you went? You don't have to give us like your address or anything, but just like where where have I.
Speaker 3: Split my time? I still have a place in Long Beach and then the rest of the time I'm Mountain, Michigan.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, like Dave, yeah is out there in I don't know exactly where he's at, but yeah, somewhere in to his house.
Speaker 1: He's by a lake.
Speaker 4: If that helps, okay, just say yeah, I'll find him.
Speaker 5: Did you like, did you work a lot after the show or were you like how long did you continue sort of child actor careering?
Speaker 4: That's not even a word?
Speaker 3: What did it? Was? It? Sure?
Speaker 1: Make it a ver?
Speaker 3: I continued for a while.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: The full House thing definitely opened up some some new doors. I got to do a handful of shows. I think that I I kind of even got to like fast track the audition process because they were kind of doing the same thing. So full House led to like Saved by the Bell I did. I did a few features, not necessarily because of that, but it you know, you're.
Speaker 4: An easier it gets more work.
Speaker 5: You know, every time you add more credits, they're like, oh, you're doing right.
Speaker 3: So you're only as hot as the last thing you did, of course, and and and full House was huge, So it did open up a lot of doors, and I got to do some some more cool stuff and and you know, I kind of realized that I had started in this industry to work behind the camera. I just I didn't realize that at that age. I didn't realize there were so many people behind the scenes. I just saw Star Wars, Yeah I want to do this, and I assumed it was the actors that just made everything happen somehow. So, you know, I never really left, but I stopped acting, you know, somewhere in my teens, and then now I just do I do smaller things as they as they come up.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think a lot so many people that start as kid actors in this business really do eventually move behind the camera because it does become You're like, I'm just so familiar with this, but like I don't need to be in front, but what happens sort of behind it now, you know.
Speaker 4: And it's I think.
Speaker 5: Once you once you have a taste of this business, and if you have a good experience with it, which it sounds like, you know, wasn't a horrific experience for you that you know most of the time, you're like, I actually I really like being on set. I just feel at home there. Yes, yeah, the controlled chaos, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I really like the process. From script to screen. Everything involved almost is very appealing to me. And you know, I still like the acting element of it. It's you know, it's just being a kid as an adult and getting a way to play you know, space marines or pirates or cowboys or whatever you're doing as a child in your backyard with your friends. Well, now you get to do that as an adult. And there's something really neat about that. Uh. But I wasn't super comfortable with like being recognized and and things like that. That didn't quite work for me. So you know, I still wanted to be a part of the process, but I you know, I didn't need to be the one on the screen.
Speaker 5: Did you get recognized after you did played Rusty on those episodes? Like, did you get recognized out sort of in the world a lot?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What would people say?
Speaker 2: What was like the go to what What would they say to you when they came up to you, Hey, are you that kid that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Just punch in the face. I hope not.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, it was one of those things where you know, I had definitely I've done stuff previous that that people saw and people recognized. They might not pick up on it. And immediately. But I did a few commercials that were nationals that played a lot on you know, Saturday Morning cartoons and things like that, and.
Speaker 4: What isn't one of them a Cereal commercial?
Speaker 3: I don't remember Cereal.
Speaker 4: I think maybe I.
Speaker 3: Did a commercial for Starburst that was maybe that's what.
Speaker 5: But I remember I remember definitely seeing you on commercials.
Speaker 3: I might have done Cereal. I don't know. I hawked a lot of products, but I don't remember what. I was lulling in my hand on the green screen, going oh delicious, it's interchangeable. I forget been anything. Yeah, but uh you know, and so yeah, I had been recognized and the kids in my school started to pick up on it when I would be gone for days or or weeks at a time or something like that. But Full House was a game changer in that, uh you know. I liked to fly under the radar a bit, and I did so up until Friday night or Friday afternoon when I left school, and then Full House aired, and then Monday, things have changed, like a lot of all of a sudden, I was having difficulty flying under the radar. A lot of people wanted to talk to me about it, and some are nice about it, some were not.
Speaker 1: It sounds like seventh grade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. At the time, I unfortunately focused too much on the on the negative, which you know, looking I wish I didn't. But as hard as a kid, you know ten, people will say we.
Speaker 5: Want what kid doesn't, Right, that's all you want is to fit in. So anything that makes you and kids are middle schoolers, are you say, are they are cruel?
Speaker 3: Ruthless?
Speaker 4: They should go to a little island and be you know, like it's they're just they're hard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they're hard on each other. And yeah, except middle school, seventh grade was not. That was not an easy time for I think any of us as kid actors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it made things difficult a little bit. So, yeah, it came so fast. I didn't I didn't know how to deal with it. I didn't know how to navigate that.
Speaker 2: Uh So.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, unfortunately I kind of ended up distancing myself from it because I wasn't sure how somebody, you know, I didn't know how the conversation was going to go. I was skeptical and a little standoffish. So a lot of the time when people would ask are you that kid, my answer would be no, and I would just try to kind of remove myself yet, right, Yeah, And so I mean, you know, it was what it was, and most of it was positive, but you know, you're ten and we do it today. You know, we could post something online and you have a hundred positive comments, but you're gonna do all that one.
Speaker 5: I literally did that the other day, all these nice things and one stupid person and I was like getting in the shower and I was like, why.
Speaker 4: Didn't they sit? And I was like, oh my god, I'm giving that attention.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I was like and I was like, no, all of the nice things, but yeah, we tend to focus on the negative.
Speaker 4: And it's it is.
Speaker 5: It's hard as a kid because those are like such our formative years that it really sort of makes you it throws a wrench in like sort of normal growing up times.
Speaker 2: There's something particularly difficult about playing a character that's a little more obnoxious. And I can relate to this because people come up to you as a kid and say you're so annoying, right, And it's hard not to it's hard not to internalize that. I know, it's a compliment if they say I'm annoying, that means I did my job. But as a seventh grader, you're like, I don't want to hear that. I don't want to hear peers.
Speaker 1: Telling me that.
Speaker 2: So I can see why that would be more of a negative experience for you being even.
Speaker 1: Though rusties beloved, he's a menace.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So, oh yeah, he's an year I could. I totally understand. I'm very sympathetic to it. I would have hated that kid. Yeah, so yeah, it absolutely made sense. I just didn't, you know, I was at that age where I didn't quite realize the repercussions of that. I thought, you know, I kind of playing a villain, like that's awesome, that's super fun. From from an actor's standpoint, that's great, you have a lot to work with. I had not realized that there's a percentage of the population out there that cannot separate character on television from real life. So yeah, that was alarming. But it's fine. Yeah, it's fine. Most people were cool, So it wasn't like it was that big of a deal. It's just, you know, it was just one of those things that happened that I can't imagine YouTube had to go through with this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was definitely challenging.
Speaker 5: But you know, it's at least for me, and I think maybe for Andrea too, because you started when you were really little. I don't really have much of a memory of a time before.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 4: I don't so it's like at sometimes it's like I never.
Speaker 5: Had I never knew what anonymity was like to lose it, yeah, because I never really we never really had it.
Speaker 2: You know, people will ask you what was it like growing up on a sitcom, and I'm like, I don't know any differently, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I had fun.
Speaker 1: That was my childhood. Yeah, so I don't know any different.
Speaker 3: How old when you started on the show.
Speaker 2: I was ten when I started Full House, but I started acting at age five, and Jody two.
Speaker 4: Started I was I was five when I art an on Full House.
Speaker 2: Wow, so we don't I don't have many memories from before age five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was like four and a half I think when I did Valerie. So yeah, like four and a half I started, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it just seems normal, like you're on a set, you're dealing with all ski that's real life, right, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: Your family, and that's what I mean like when I I can any set that I walk onto, whether I'm shooting it or just visiting a friend.
Speaker 4: On it or not, like it feels like home, as I spent.
Speaker 5: More time in that environment than I probably did at home a lot of the time. And so it was like that just the smell of a sound stage that you know, all of those things, the red light, you know.
Speaker 1: The automatical quiet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's it's home.
Speaker 5: And so I do think that there's a part of that that we all sort of stay attached to, you know, becomes part of who we are now.
Speaker 4: We learned something fascinating.
Speaker 5: We just had Deborah on the show Cindy your mom, Cindy Cool, and uh, did you know that you guys were supposed to become like part of the cast that Cindy and Danny were.
Speaker 4: They were setting them up to like get married.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh you do that. Yeah, we didn't.
Speaker 4: Know this, We never knew.
Speaker 1: We had no idea.
Speaker 5: Well, she dropped a bomb on us the other day and we were like, wait, wo okay, okay, yeah, tell us everything.
Speaker 3: Did you So?
Speaker 2: Were you excited about this or maybe you didn't want this to happen because of all the crap you were getting at school from all the kids.
Speaker 3: No, I was fine with it, that's yeah, No, I I was. I was on board. Yeah, I mean, yeah, sure you get you get weird comments from people every now and again, but like I can avoid that, that's fine. Yeah, yeah, I signed.
Speaker 2: Up to.
Speaker 3: Do it.
Speaker 2: And uh, I think Deborah put her Deborah's people, her agents, I think put the Kebash on it because they were like, no, you need to broaden your right your skills and your you know, experience. It was like, no, a full time job being a seriously, this.
Speaker 4: Is work, right.
Speaker 5: But I do think I do think it would have sort of truncated the show because once Danny got married then it was although, you know whatever, Jesse and Becky and their twins are living in an attict but whatever.
Speaker 2: It would have been a different dynamic having Rusty living in the house as a step right that, I mean, how would that have changed the dynamic?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Particularly after Steph kissed him?
Speaker 1: That would have been yes, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait, we have to talk about that.
Speaker 2: Should we start now or do you want to come back to it this kiss?
Speaker 1: The kiss?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, can we kiss now?
Speaker 2: A good time to ask about this because yeah, you know you were Jody's first on screen kiss ever, so.
Speaker 1: You set the bar.
Speaker 4: You set the bar.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think you were for my first kiss ever because I like, again, I was two years younger than you.
Speaker 4: Uh so you know, but I remember.
Speaker 5: Uh I had I think I took a big.
Speaker 4: Bite of the onion and then I had to like kiss you.
Speaker 5: And I remember It's so funny like when you're rehearsing a scene where you actually do have to, like, you know, stage kiss somebody. I mean, and as kids, you're like, it's I could be kissing my grandmother.
Speaker 4: Uh but like.
Speaker 5: You do it, and when you're rehearsing, you're just like, and then and then we kiss, okay anyway, Like even as adults, you're like, this is just and then we do the thing and then back what what do you remember it like? Was it embarrassing? Were you like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: This is terrible.
Speaker 2: Be honest, JODI's you can't be honest.
Speaker 1: It's were you nervous, were excited? You know, your first kiss?
Speaker 3: It might have been. I feel like, uh yeah, I don't think I had done anything like that in any other shows. Are situations, and I certainly was. I wasn't quite a ladies man at you know ten, So I think, yeah, it was probably the same situation for me. I don't remember being particularly nervous or off put by it. It felt like it just kind of got lumped into this weird little category of things where if it's written and if there's professionals overseeing it, you just the nervousness kind of goes away. I just it was it was just a yeah, it was a part of the scene.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I don't remember feeling awkward about it. I might be remembering that incorrectly. I might have been.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure I did.
Speaker 5: I think I was like, yeah, I think I was like nervous about it. But also, like all of us had, I mean, Andrea Candace, like we all have had basically our first like kisses on screen, and then your parents get to sit in the audience, and I think that's the weirder part about it.
Speaker 1: It is just like two hundred strangers watching.
Speaker 3: Sure, I you know what, I imagine that there was probably some apprehension that I'm forgetting about.
Speaker 1: You've repressed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But also I think it comes down to sort of how it was done and the whole premise being that you took a bite of this. It was a yeah, I think we used an apple that they peeled to do that, regardless.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't remember. I'm like, I don't remember what we even used.
Speaker 3: Pretty sure, I'm pretty sure they just peeled an apple and and and ran with that so that you could actually take a big bite out of it and you know, gag the the you know, if this was if if it was written differently, if it was presented in a different contact in a scene, I could understand that creating some uneasiness. But I was just supposed to react to this as though I was horrified, because you know, my characters just fully and talk and talk and talk, and he doesn't really want this to happen. He's just a pain in the right.
Speaker 4: He's just tormented.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so when you finally, you know, when you do it, it was you know, it's hard to call it a you know, an appropriate kiss. It was more of a kind of just go in there, and it was.
Speaker 5: Like it could have It's like it could have been a wall not but you know it's you're.
Speaker 7: Like, yeah, you just smasher lits together and and then I'm flailing around the whole time because oh god, girl, cooties gross you.
Speaker 5: Know right, that's right, because I like grab you sort of and yeah and like kiss you on the couch if I remember correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, freaking out to begin with. So you know, it wasn't that tender moment first kiss thing. It was. No, it was it was it was comedic.
Speaker 4: It was an attack. Let's call it what it was.
Speaker 1: It was an attack.
Speaker 3: It was the nineties.
Speaker 4: He could do that the night right, it was the nineties. It was fine.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, I don't, I don't. I don't remember that being a being a big deal.
Speaker 2: So nobody gave you a pep talk, like any of the cast, older cast members, or dialogue coaches or because we got like Lori Lachlan would give some of us pep talks because we like, do you use tongue?
Speaker 4: Do you not?
Speaker 2: Like I didn't know, so Laurie's like, okay, here's the deal. No, no tongue, you just go in, go up. So yeah, nobod any pep talk.
Speaker 3: But nobody gave me those notes.
Speaker 4: But you were yeah, but but you you didn't need them. You were well behaved.
Speaker 5: But I think also it was like yours was a little more like a like a kid like he said, sort of that like this is the first kiss sort of moment. And mine was a little more of like a prank, so like yours had you had a little more of a moment like what do we do? Mine was just like I'm just gonna bite this apple and attack.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it worked out well, Uh, it got It was a good reaction from the audience from that you know you you got, you got them so right? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Was that the last episode that they were on?
Speaker 3: No, No, there was one. So well, I'm not sure exactly how it all went down. I wasn't part of a lot of those conversations. But what I kind of suspected at the time when when when Deborah passed, I feel like they maybe we're trying out the well, is there a place for this guy without without the mom in the scenario. So the last episode I did, I don't think. I don't think ever was in it at all. I was just on your baseball.
Speaker 1: Team and that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and and and looking back, it felt like maybe it was, you know, because could I because I had a scene with Bob and there where he was showing me how to you know, clean my uniform or you know, cleaning a baseball bat or something like that. He was doing his thing. And so you know, now, in in hindsight, I wonder was that them kind of seeing if there was a way that that that that dynamic could work, you know, having having Bob have an opportunity to have a you know, a sun type figure.
Speaker 4: Does that fit in the mail influence?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And then uh, you know, I guess it didn't work. And and so yeah, that was the last one, but it was it was a different episode. I didn't I didn't do anything. You know, we went to the baseball game. I didn't cause any fires. I wasn't, you know, I was just I was just there. And and so I thought, you know, cool, that that could work, because that was my main question when it was presented that they were going to get married and continue on the storyline. I didn't. I didn't think that would work. I was all for it, but I didn't know how how you could do that, add that character.
Speaker 1: It would be a big change. Yeah, yeah, even change the whole dynamic.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. And I didn't I didn't want to do that. You know, the show was how it was created, and and and that worked and this kid was a it was a tornado.
Speaker 5: So it really was.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 5: He was one of those kids that you meet and you're like, I kinda I kind of want to trick. Yeah, like I kind of just want to just casually check it.
Speaker 3: I mean, and especially in that at that age with that hair, like, yeah, that's a that's a slappable child.
Speaker 4: Your hair was amazing the way it was. It was just that slightly swept over like bowl cut. Basically it was great.
Speaker 3: Kind of a pre Beab, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: It was. It was a pre Beabe. Yeah, yeah, a little bit. It was like not the shaggy sort of emo e version.
Speaker 3: But yeah, looking back, I'd forgotten that that that that it was like that.
Speaker 5: Yes, all of our moments, all of our best hair and outfit choices for the world to see.
Speaker 3: I mean, he definitely would have well, outside of needing a haircut, for sure, they would have had to tone it down so much. And and then at that point, like what what what is he doing? Like if it's not that character, like what do you what? What do you end up having?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: You know, the Danny character getting together with the Cindy character, like that makes sense, But the and like he's just got this nightmare of the child.
Speaker 2: That right, Yeah, it's kind of yeah, yeah, that that type of characters. I've said this before, that type of character is better in small doses because otherwise it becomes like the RCLE Show where it's all about this really eccentric character. So and we do know, we did learn that Rusty was acting out because he was mad about his parents divorce and he wanted his mom and dad to get back together. So I would hope that if your character had been a part of the regular.
Speaker 1: Cast, it would have toned down your we would have matured out of it.
Speaker 5: You would have not been such a nightmare. That also was like, but that was kind of the point.
Speaker 4: Of the character.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you're right, It's like it would change things quite a bit to like make him not that person anymore. And it's like, well, then he was kind of that was the reason he was in the episodes.
Speaker 4: Was is like the foil to the three girls.
Speaker 3: And then and then I started questioning, you know, so, so this character comes in, Now, he's got to he's got to come down significantly. He came in at eleven. He's got to normalize at some point. And then once he does like? What does he do? Like? Was the audience that they liked the character because he was just this absolute nightmare of a situation. And then what happens when he's not Is he is? Is he relevant to? Does he move the story along at any point?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: I was concerned with that, not enough to not want to do it, but it was definitely something on my mind, and you know, how would that work? But here we are.
Speaker 1: That's hey, at least you didn't have to make that decision. That was up to the higher ups. They get to they get to worry about that stuff.
Speaker 2: You just got to be there and have fun and play with all of us on set.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So you have been you've moved behind the camera. You said you've been directing, right, Yeah, So have you done a little bit of that?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did. I did a lot of uh yeah, commercials, music videos. I started to dabble with some indie film stuff, and yeah, I really enjoy that that part of the process and being able to kind of, you know, get a little world going and then you know, kind of bring it to life. And yeah, I think that's really fun, especially in that Yeah, I like the creative aspect of it. I directed some commercials where it's like, you know, infomercial.
Speaker 5: Commercial, the product is the star, right, it's like, don't cover it your thumb, better not cover a word, a letter, an edge of it. You know, Barbie's got a Barbie is the story.
Speaker 3: There's weird, weird products in there. And I started to question, like what am I? What am I doing? And so yeah, so I tried to move into more of the narrative type typework and things like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, commercials are commercials are an odd beast. They're there. It's it's not like any other type of acting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it's not you know, like it's you're there in service of a product, and you know, like it's really not about you. Yeah, unless you're you know, flow the insurance sales, which go hurt.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 5: Jordan, thank you so much for being on the show. It was really fun to have you on. And I can't believe that you knew information that we didn't know.
Speaker 4: They never told us. I mean, but I guess it. Really it would affect it. It would have affected you guys more so you needed to know. We didn't need to know.
Speaker 1: You needed to check your avails.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: It was it was I'd say at the time it was more of a rumor than an actual discussion. I think that like, like Deborah was the one who had to sit down with Jeff okay about that. Yeah, somehow it got to me, But it was more of a I think they were doing a carrot and the stick thing where it's like, if you if you behave yourself, we might bring you back kind of a thing. Right, So yeah, No, it wasn't a set in stone sort of a thing. But you know, it worked out the way it worked out.
Speaker 5: It's all good, right, And it's been it's been super fun getting to have some of the characters that like the audience so remembers and like loves or loves to hate on the show. So it you know, it's it's been really great.
Speaker 4: But I'm so glad that you got to join us today.
Speaker 5: Enjoy your your Michigan uh split, yes, with Long Beach. And it's probably if you're in Michigan, it's probably much colder there than it is here.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's snowing Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no, it's definitely not snowing here. It's great yeather, it's like it's weirdly spring like, so I would say go enjoy your lovely Michigan day.
Speaker 4: But I will say go stay warm and your lovely Thank you.
Speaker 3: So much for having me. It's so great.
Speaker 1: Thanks you so good to see you. Great to see you too. Take care and thank you so much. Take care bye bye.
Speaker 2: That was so fun united, so great.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I wouldn't have recognized him.
Speaker 4: No, I don't like hair.
Speaker 1: The hair really dominates.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that hair, sort of that like kind of reddish mop of hair. Yes, it was very eighties early nineties, it really was. He just needed like a member's only jacket, you know what I mean. And that's like yeah, yeah, it was really fun.
Speaker 4: It was really fun.
Speaker 5: And like it's so funny because I I like, I remember him too, like so not being at all like Rusty.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: It's sort of like you are not at all like Kimmy. Uh And I remember, Yeah, he's just so much more quiet and sort of like he was, you know, more easygoing or whatever. But he did such a great job playing Rusty. It was really fun character.
Speaker 2: No, he seems like a real deep thinker, like always more mature than his his real age. Like, yeah, I wouldn't have expected that out of the Rusty character. So yeah, that was really cool to reconnect. Now we've both reconnected with our first stage kiss.
Speaker 4: Oh that's true, our first our first stage kiss.
Speaker 2: Look at us, go look at us, everybody, Lane, Hey, you know we are blessed.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, Well, thank you guys for listening to another fun episode of how Rude Tantos. Make sure you're following us on Instagram at how Rude podcast, or send us an email at how Rude Tanerto's at gmail dot com. Also visit our merch store, which is how rudemerch dot com. We have some fun t shirts and hoodies and we're gonna, you know, start trying to cook up some new fun merch ideas.
Speaker 4: So if you have some, send us an email, send us a comment. You know we love to hear from you.
Speaker 5: Make sure you're liking and subscribing to the podcast wherever you're listening to it so you can get all the new episodes and all the new tea like Danny almost got married, Like you can get that so much tea, so much tea right when they come out. So thank you guys so much for listening.
Speaker 4: We really appreciate it. And remember the world is small, but the house is full. Of bowl cuts.
Speaker 5: It's full of bowl cuts just everywhere, just just little mops of hair all over the place.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's come back in style, you know this night. It's all these styles just keep coming back.
Speaker 4: It's true. Yeah there, yeah, a little like mop moppet hairstyle.
Speaker 1: We can thank Justin Bieber.
Speaker 4: Bye bye