Speaker 1: Welcome and everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is leading off live. It is me Joey P, joe P Zapia, and of course that's my friend the Welsh, and it's all of you, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks hanging out here talking baseball. We got a fun Friday program. We're gonna get to some more of your questions today because Thursday not a lot of games, but Welsh certainly a lot of home runs, especially if you are the Angels. My goodness, I had a lot of fomo because I told you yesterday my second choice was Mike Trout. He was your choice to hit home runs. And that guy hit home runs yesterday.
Speaker 2: Sometimes your first and sometimes your last. Joe and you were last. I was first. We did get two homers with Mike Trout to push up on the board, and the only thing that could have made that entire game better would have been another two shots from Kyrone Paris. As the Kyne Paris story continues to move on, it was a very very good short slate day. Foreign two homers on the board. I'm ready to roll.
Speaker 1: A baby, yes, well at two homers for Joe Adell, for Taylor Ward for Mike Trout. So I think the bigger story here Kirian powers in a bunch of home runs too. I think the bigger story is this ballpark. Can we talk about the ballpark a little bit here? This little tiny, rinky dink fake Yankee stadium down in Florida that they're playing in now, And I'm gonna try to take advantage of it this weekend in some bedding. But I think everybody needs to stand up and notice here that when there's a bad picture on the mound or maybe even two, the balls jumping out of that place. And we haven't even gotten to the summer yet, so let's just call it what it is. The Angels are having a good run, that's great, but that there's a lot of home runs. And if you watch these home runs too, some of them are barely getting over this wall. This is not exactly major league kind of stuff. It's becoming Southern Yankee Stadium, which is exactly what it was when the Yankees designed.
Speaker 2: You're very much irked by these wall scraping homers. It's like three street days where you've brought now you've brought up these like.
Speaker 1: Because they're all happening in the same place. They're all happening in the same place. That's what I'm saying. I'm just saying for it's great. I'm very happy for you. I'm happy for my trout. I'm happy for Kira in Paris. He seems like a heck of a young man. I like him. I'm rooting for him. But this is business. This is business, okay, and I'm trying to make sure that we're going out good advice here as best we can. Now, we also had history made yesterday. The first official Sinko Stinko goes to Nick Castillano. So I feel great about this. This is going to be a trivia question.
Speaker 2: Call your family generations from now there you go.
Speaker 1: So, what did you think about it? Would Nick Cassiano is the guy that you thought might be the first sinkos didn't go? I didn't. I didn't think you'd be.
Speaker 2: I got be honest with you. I hadn't sat up and thought, you know, who will be the first official thinker Stinko. I thought I kind of was like, in my brain it was Altuve having that or actually it was Cheerio having that Oz for five with five strikeouts, but I am glad because I got a rush of tweets when it happened, of like a bunch of different people, and I was like, oh, okay, everybody is into this. So Nick Castianos, He's made us proud. He's in the record books for the most insane home run call of all time. He is now connected to natural disasters and connected to the first ever Sinko Stinko.
Speaker 1: That is kind of funny. Like Nick Casias, weird things do follow him in his baseball career. This ye is one of many. Now, I didn't even think about that. We could do though pretty.
Speaker 2: Good in the futures. We could do a Sinco Stinko board. We could try to track in bed who do we think is gonna happen. What would be best is if we it was like right at the start of the season and we just said from here on out, who is the Sinco Stinko leader for the season. Everybody gets one name and then you go.
Speaker 1: That would be well, congratulations Nick Cassianas good on you, my friend. Let's get to more things that Welsh is very happy about. Spencer Schwellenbach another great star for him. His era is now point four to five. His whip is point sixty five. He has nineteen strikeouts and three walks in twenty innings. Welsh, I mean, I feel like this is just your data globe tier. I feel like this is all Welsh all the time.
Speaker 2: Well, how that usually works is I will be put back in my place today. It is always yeah, yeah, yeah, don't I don't hold on too long. Like it was a good day. Betting was good, homers were good, Schwellenbach was great. I mean that the last bet we threw in was the under three and a half runs in that game, and that one smacked. But yeah, we'll be putting our place pretty quick, so trying to be careful. But it was a great pitching matchup. If you ended up watching a Lozardo was like a little a little bit wilder, where Schwellenbach was just it's just as almost unhittable. His slider was absolutely ridiculous, and that one had eighteen swings on it. It got a couple called strike, it had some whiffs. There wasn't big whiffs in this. But I had mentioned I didn't love the strikeout props in this because Philly had actually done pretty well against Righty's and Atlanta had actually done pretty well against lefties, so it wasn't like this big strikeout matchup, but forcing fastball forty one percent CSW, he was hitting his points. They both gave up a lot of hits in general, but man, just watch Spencer Schwellenbach and you just know he has control. And that's something that's some elite pitchers if you've watched throughout the season, like the elite elite guys, when you just know at any moment they have got control of the bat, even if they gave up a hit, or give up two hits, or they walk somebody, and you know they can get back. That's that sign of the elite elite pitchers. And there's not a lot of guys that are holding that right now. You feel like Skeens has it, Scooble has it, to Graham has it. But even some of the really good ones Garrett Crochet does not have that this year. Schwellenbach does. He is in control at all times and he is going to vastly, vastly have a big fantasy return on your drafting. I don't think there's anything else to do about it, but yeah, it's another it's a third straight great outing from schwelly Well.
Speaker 1: His stock for Cy Young has moved up considerably after yesterday. I don't know if you saw it. You want to take a guess of what the Spencer Schwellenbach say Young number one right now?
Speaker 2: I think it was last time you told me it was like eleven to one or no, it's nine to one. I said it. Actually we were talking about somebody else. I'm going to say it's probably like.
Speaker 1: Six to one right now, seven seven hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Steine's got hit a little bit interesting, I could see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hazus Zarda, as you mentioned in that same game, one run, six hit, six innings, Hiss at one point five zeros, WHI was at one twenty five strikeouts, five k's and eighteen innings. He's been great, also has been good. Walker Bueller looks sharp despite the fact that the Red Sox can't catch anything. They moved Devers off third base and the defense continues to fall apart for this team. But fourteen error they're up to now it's absurd. But anyway, Walker Buehller, no decision, strikeouts, seven and six and a third innings. Boy, if only he was a free agent, and maybe I don't know. Maybe the Orioles could have maybe taken a shot on a guy like Walker Bueller, Maybe just maybe Gavin Williams. We talked about him in the buy video earlier this week, and go back and watch that if you're still looking to make some deals. This weekend, we said, hey, this start against the White Sox is crucial. He has a good start, that window's going to close. Try to acquire him beforehand. And we were right. Seven strikeouts in five innings, one run ball over the White Sox. So Gavin Williams hopefully getting back on track. Speaking of getting on track, Ronald Acunya is set to meet with a team of doctors early next week and the expectation is that he is gonna be cleared for lateral movement, moving like this back and forth, so that means the outfield. That means pretty soon we're gonna get Ronald Acunya. Now, let's play the game. If he starts getting cleared next week and by next weekend is playing in the outfield, how many days give me the date in May that we get Ronald Acunya. I'll say I'll set the over under May eighth, Friday, May eighth, it's a Friday, it's spring, it's warm, Friday, May eighth.
Speaker 2: Overall, Sorry, you just ended so abruptly. Oh Joey froze. Though I think it was a Joey freeze. We almost got the puppet that ended so abruptly. I did I would. I'm gonna say, was that you said Friday, I'm gonna go to Friday the eighth, nine ten, I'm gonna say eleventh. But on a Monday. I'm gonna say we start fresh with the Monday. I could give you a better one if I was looking at the schedule. So I kind of think it might be like a home series that they do. But let's go with you sitting nine uh nine, I mean I'm gonna go eleventh.
Speaker 1: Okay, the eleventh it is for Welsh. I'm gonna take the I'm gonna take the eighth. There. Well, I was letna say over under on the eighth, So I'm gonna say, m I guess I'll go over there too, because I do think it'll be on that weekend, so right around there. Maybe it's a push. Maybe the eighth is exactly the date. Now we have to get ourselves prepared for disappointments. And we were trying to get everybody prepared for that because all those Zibbie Matthews was the guy that we were hoping we were gonna get. We did say on the show yesterday, and I think the day before too, that it might be David Festa because he's had more experience in the major leagues, and it will be David Festa at least for now. So Pablo Lopez goes to the IL with the hamstring, so Festa gets the call up. Now, Festa was pretty good after those first couple of Rocky starts last year, he did not have a good spring. So is Festa a streamer for you potentially while he fills in for mister Lopez.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the first answer because a couple things. Her first answer is maybe long term. I'm not starting him today. Somebody had tweeted like me and like Frank Stamfle and stuff you could. I don't particularly want to start him. Five Vra and his two starts in the minors so far this year year really high whip. I'm actually kind of going against him as more of a longer term at I might be interested, but I did the same thing because our fantasy pros account tweeted out like hey, David Festa, and I'm like, that's not how you spell Zebbie Matthews, and then people had fun with it. But here's the real piece to it. Though Paba Lopez his start was for Monday. This does not line up with Monday, so Zebby is likely to be called up, and it's been talked about four Monday, so we might see Zebbi for a two start next week, or they're talking about a six man rotation with days off, and I don't know. I would assume Zebi lined up with Pablo doesn't fit the six man role, or maybe David Festa does more, So we're gonna have to see the results. I'm not starting Festa. I might start Zebe on Monday and he's better lying to potentially have like a two start, but that's the current landscape for them. Is Festa and Zebi theoretically are both gonna be up. I line with Zebe a tiny bit, but both should be a little a little weary with both of those guys.
Speaker 1: Before we get to more disappointments, let's talk about your questions. Matt on the mound, I have two util spots. Who should I start today? Ben Rice Kira in Paris and Volpi. I think it's Rice in Paris, don't you thank you? You got to play the hot hands here?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I think so. I mean because you did say today, you didn't say, like, no, should I cut?
Speaker 1: Well? Volpy's back home, so this is where Volpi.
Speaker 2: Is, you know, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: That's also viable. But ben Rice is more viable. And I'll think it gets at Paris right now. With the way he's played. You gotta keep riding the wave. That's what you gotta do. Here's one from Cookie Berger was dropped in my head. Head category league is he must grab and stash or bench right? If so, how much fab? Well, I'll see one hundred dollars fab right now? I would drop what twelve on him? Thirteen? I think you gotta bid that to get him because somebody's gonna be aggressive. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I fifteen was like where I would go Max. It's a little bit volatile. But you guys know, I'm in on Jake Berger right now, crazy low babbitt. I think he's going to bounce back, So yes, i'd pick him up. I would try not to like make him a fab bust or anything like that. But yeah, somewhere from ten to fifteen percent. Just see or like regroup with how your league usually is with guys like that. Maybe no one's going to be hyper aggressive, but that's a good number.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen the data, but I do want to see this Tampa ballpark worse than Sacramento. I don't know. We got to find out the data of how many home runs have been hitting both of those ballparks, and you know Zach lytell certainly, he'll tell you, right. I think it's no doubt about that. Let's see one you can find that data. I'm going to get to more disappointments because the White Sox selected the contract of Omar Nevaias from Triple A because Cory Lee, the catcher, went on the IL. We were hoping we'd get Kyle Teel, but we didn't get him either. So there you go. So Faiss is still the everyday catcher. Just hold your horses for now on All of.
Speaker 2: That is okay, So I've got some data for you.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So is the A's stadium called Sutter Health Park? Is that what their new minor league? So?
Speaker 1: Sutter Health Park? Yes, Sacramento, Yes, cool.
Speaker 2: So what do you want. You want overall ballpark factor. You want home run facts.
Speaker 1: Home runs hitten in that ballpark and home runs hitten in the any bitty Tampa ballpark.
Speaker 2: So based on the home run factor, A's is quite a bit more of a home run ballpark. They currently ranked the ninth in home run ballpark factor just this year against both righty's and lefties and the A's The Rays is actually George M. Steinbrenner Field is actually bottom ten in the league in homer so it's not a big yesterday. Yeah, And okay, so then overall ballpark factor for this year, the A's stadium is the eighth most hitter friendly. So remember that's all I was saying. It was A's more homer friendly, raises not raise bottom. Yeah, like bottom nine or ten in overall homer factor. And then here's the only other thing we'll do. Let's do righty's and lefties and we'll just do home run and let's see if that changes anything. A's is the sixth most hitter friendly ballpark for left handed hitters right now, Rays is fifteen, so it's just at average and then right handed hitters for the home run ballpark factor our last one we have got a's is the fifth so gee, I mean every element that a's is. Just check this out. Rays is the bottom. It is the least hitter friendly. But you also do have to remember that's going to factor in home teams.
Speaker 1: And there's gonna say I think that I would love to see what the numbers are for the road teams there in that ballpark for Tampa, because the Rays don't have a great offense. Cameron Narrow is a good offensive player. After then after that we can, you know, talk about it. But they don't have a lot of home run.
Speaker 2: Pop in that lot that I don't have.
Speaker 1: You can tell you right that I think is that is where the data I think becomes a little misleading potentially if you start to look at how the opposing hitters are. Just just take Tampa as a home team out of there and see how this ballpark is played. I can't wait to see when the Yankees come to town and in their spring training facility to play a major league game. Let's talk about some people joining us today, Welsh, any new followers, subscribers and people here on our Twitch, Twitch, dot tv slash Fantas.
Speaker 2: Approach is one dude, old itl listener jumping ship Cornell subscribed with Prime in here, and then a bunch of new follows intensify rut brand skill, bunch of people doing that thing. We are like twelve away from seven hundred on the followers, nineteen away from one hundred on the subs. That's like an easy little monthly goal. But I want to get to one thousand followers this month. On the twitch. You start pressing that. It costs you absolutely nothing. The Prime Twitch or any type of sub does. But you can use your Prime account hook it up absolutely free to you. If you've got an Amazon Prime account, you get rid of to add you can do the home run contest, or you can just pick up a sub yourself. And if you want to be a real gangster, you could gift subs out to the community. And there's a little leader board I think that's shown on here that we can give shout outs for. So that's all the business business.
Speaker 1: Michael says, Joe hates Angel so much he refuses to watch Angels in the outfield. That's right, because Tony Danz has a liability. That's right. I got nothing on my faceball right now, I get what am I gonna do?
Speaker 2: You love a lot? You know there was a discussion in our Fantasy pros company. You know, I'm just lightly gonna do it. But there's this discussion of like sports movies and stuff. I can be honest with you, I don't think they've never seen it all the way through. There's not a ton of great like I don't. I'm not in love with the baseball movies, I guess is what I'm saying. Like Major League is great, Moneyball was really good. I mean, sand Law is like a classic, but like is it's not really rewatchable unless it's all Even Men.
Speaker 1: Out is a class. I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: The scouts.
Speaker 1: You've never seen eight men out? You really honestly, this weekend you get a couple hours to yourself, or if you're waiting for whatever dance competition your kids are in, watch eight Men Out.
Speaker 2: It is a I guess like I'm getting killed in this. Everyone's like the natural field of dream. There are classes.
Speaker 1: Natural is boring AF. Sorry, folks, it's always been boring AF. It's still boring. AF. It's ridiculous. I'm just wel Durham. I know what's controversial. Some people love it. Some people hate it. I love It's it's you know whatever. Are you selling high on Hunter Green? This is from JK here, worried about his injury potential. No, I'm not selling on him at all. I think this is finally the realization of all the talent of Hunter Green. He looks fantastic. Welsh, Are you trying to get rid of any Hunter Green chairs because I'm not. No.
Speaker 2: I mean the reworked like he added the splitter last year, that's been really solid. He's got it going again this year. Fastball split slider combination is just still sick. His slider and splitter are both getting more wits than they did last year. Here's what I'd also say, I'm not a big draft to guy and then be like, oh he's good. See you get him out of here and move on. No, Like, I think Connor Green is still this. That's the guy we were talking about in the cy Young Award potential. When we're looking at odds, I think, like a week ago or whatever, But like, no, don't. I don't think I'm looking to unless somebody is like willing to give you one of those Godfather offers. They feel that he's going to be a cy young winner, and you're gonna get like two big pieces. I don't build in a whole lot of like, well, this guy's injury, so end season, I need to move off of him. I think Connor Green is going to be pretty solid this year with that three pitch mix. Ballpark's a little bit of a factor. He's not going to be a one three e r A guy, but you know, I think if he had a high twos I wouldn't be shocked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a league of their own. Also classic. I'm glad somebody threw that out there. And of course Field of Dreams and some people don't like it because it's sappy or whatever. I love it too. It's fine Eight Men Out for because I saw some people who don't know, you know, and they'll twitch, you know, some younger people. So eight Men out. Great cast John CSX in that movie, Charlie Sheen's it all some really good people.
Speaker 2: All the actors at the npeople really know well John Cusack.
Speaker 1: Well, Charge Cusack is a pretty famous movies.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows John Cusack.
Speaker 1: Well. I didn't say David Stray there, and I didn't want to like really date myself there, but Anyway, it's about the nineteen nineteen White Sox scandal and it is spectacular. She was Joe Jackson, the whole deal about what happened there. And what's so fun about it is there's a group of there's a different groups of people that are trying to pay off the players to throw the games, and there's no communication between them, so it's all this weird intertwined stuff where one group is pretending they're not involved in it, but they are secretly, and another guy's doing it for them, and other group thinks is they're involved in it. And it's this incredible unraveling of this stuff and the story is fascinating, the acting is terrific. It's a great book too. Read the book. It's a phenomenal book, so a been out. If you haven't seen it, go see it. Also, this was fun. I saw this on the internet today. Disturbing but also fun. Normally we have a lot of creepy things when we do our AI pictures here, but this wasn't AI. This is actually a real pitcher. Look at this guy. Look at this?
Speaker 2: Did you see this? Yeah? The video is actually a lot more stressful because like he has this snap back when he does release and I saw codif I do that where they're like, this is not AI. It's a complete torque. And then he goes in and it just snaps back. It almost doesn't look real when he pitches. It looks like a little glitch. I'm not sure that's really great for long term health. But you know what, let's still this out. He is taking some of the stress off of the shoulder and the arms that he's putting it all on his lower back.
Speaker 1: He's putting it all on me. His name is Ethan Getting and he's from Wayne State. So there you go the fountains of Wayne. High five him up there, I mean, I of all the stresses on me, because I this is terrifying.
Speaker 2: Are you high five him for me? Please? Your hand is closer like he's right there for you.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will, I think, figure out. Yeah, there you go in this direction.
Speaker 2: There you go, high five there as a forty year old. That gives me a lot of stress. By the way, like as the back, oh my god, it wouldn't get.
Speaker 1: Up the three D ribcage. I mean, geez. Anyway, let's get to down on the farm here. The White Sox are going to promote top infield prospect Chase me Droth from Triple A Charlotte. He is gone eight for thirty three homers four. Ribby's so Welsh. He's got a couple stolen bases here too. Give us the prospect breakdown and tell me why he sounds like a character from Lord of the Rings, because he does.
Speaker 2: I talked about him. I've talked about him, I think last week. I don't know if it was on the show.
Speaker 1: Talk about him again.
Speaker 2: I'm going to talk about him again. Plus, there is an article if you guys want funny enough. Me and Mayer were joking about this, but I wrote this article two days ago in his prospects to Stash and it released today. My top five are the guys that I think are the closest, and then I give you five more that are you know, like you got to be paying attention to. Two of the five got called up yesterday. Chase me Droth was number five on the list. Zebbie Matthews was number three. But Me Drot really good plate skills, like not a big strikeout guy, will walk a ton of contact. He's a smaller dude. He was in the Garrett Crochet trade the small piece of the Garrett Crochet trade. He beat up Kyle Teele and I kind of thought he was going to be a shortstop. And if you remember, I had said on the show, as soon as Brooks Baldwin had moved to the outfield, mean Droth was going to come up. It looked like they were aligning themselves where Baldwin could maybe move to the outfield. Mike Takman got hurt, so he's going to be in. There's some stolen based potential. I don't think there's high end offensive potential like big counting stats five categories, but I do think he's a kind of a Jacob Wilson with lower average but more stolen based potential deeper deeper leagues. He's worth taking a look at. He's not in a ten. It's a bad offense. And if he's hitting eight or nine for the White Sox that doesn't make anybody feel good. But there is some pretty good plate skills and some good back to ball that like he's going to do some stuff. He's going to get some hits and we'll see, if you know, if he goes plays in Tampa. He's the type of guy that or George steinbernerfield. He's the type of guy that can hit one over. So pay attention to me to my draft. Actually I call him nee droth. I think it's chasing my draft that he might be a deep league either way.
Speaker 1: It's Lord of the Rings sounding. Either way. He's definitely like one of the hero him guys or something like.
Speaker 2: It kind of looks like a nineteen twenties baseball player. By the way, I just point that out.
Speaker 1: Oh I do love those guys. Actually, you know I don't.
Speaker 2: He's got to look he's got he's got like the face of a player. You're like, you could put him into like the nineteen twenties and he would fit in.
Speaker 1: Oh, one hundred percent. He's definitely one of these guys from eight men out like he's on the other he's on the opposing team. Though, look at this chase my draft fella. He seaw does like to play baseball, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Here's a lop in five foot six he's telling how these other players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me tell you something. He actually went to college too. He is a college boy. This fella. He's playing in field for the Chicago White Stockings. All right, let's get three up and three down. I could do a whole show in that voice of the place.
Speaker 2: It's one I can hold.
Speaker 1: Timey baseball voice is the best. It's it'll get you in trouble though, you know, if you do it long enough, because the game was different back then, but some very fun things, that's for sure, you know. I you know, everyone talks about the stat casts and this versions and all the different ways. But you know in the NFL, now you got the Nickelodeon versions of the games. You go watch the game with SpongeBob and all this stuff. No, no, no, give me one black and white baseball game with somebody doing that old timey baseball you know Hank's area. Remember that character used to do on that show.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, good, good example Hanka on that show. Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 1: Guy from that show. Somebody help us in the chat, I know what.
Speaker 2: You're talking about where he's the announcer and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, it's just what it's like his last name is the name of the show. Anyway, that's what I want. I don't need SpongeBob. I need the old timey voice. Thank you very much. All right, let's get to the three up at three down. Stephen Kuan had himself a day four for five with a home or four ribbies, a six to one win over the White Sox Marcelo Zuna. It's been working on a swing and it paid off a walk off two run homer. But was so sad is our Schwellenbach and Lozardo where my Swallenbach and Lazard o bets did not cash because of the stupid rain delay. But both of them were on pace to shatter their strikeouts. So, you know, frustrating day for me. Breton Doyle Homer double drove in five runs of Bretton Doyle. If you didn't believe, well, that's too bad, was it? Brock My Brockmeyer, if that's it just came into my head and I see Todd's got it here, Brockmeyer. I never watched the Brockmeyer I think.
Speaker 2: There were a couple of seasons. I definitely watched the first season, maybe parts of the second one. Very very good show. Frank Cazaria, very very solid.
Speaker 1: Oh well, it looks like he's bulled a hamm. That's gotta be tough. They never had intercostal strains back then.
Speaker 2: No, there's a ribcage muscle this inning brought to your bot sasparilla.
Speaker 1: That sasparilla. You know, everyone's chewing tobacco. Everyone's smoking. That's that's it, drinking in there in the in the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna get in trouble. Everything that's righting through my head. There's just like there's too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's just one game. That's all I want one Saturday afternoon. All right, the downs Jonathan Cannon SI runs five and a third. No, boy knows, Zach Littel, how this guy's gonna get bound so hard from this rotation soon? I mean, god, seven runs winning?
Speaker 2: Does I watch? Ian Seymour, twenty six year old triple A pitcher, had been unhittable in the minors. He might be the guy.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess because we still't have a time frame on Shane McLanahan, right, yeah, no we don't.
Speaker 2: I think it's still like a bit I that would be the guy that they would go to. But yeah, I mean, I guess to your bigger point than like when McClanahan comes back, I don't know, Littel's got it.
Speaker 1: It's Lyttel's spot that goes away, whether it goes away before McClanahan that's a different story. But if he keeps fitsing like this, it's going to be Also. I want to talk about this. Alec Bohm dropped to the seventh spot in the Phillies lineup. He has not hit at all. We've seen this happen before. Some slow starts, the crowd gets on him. So he is hitting. Check out this slash bucks seventy eight, one six two hundred, zero homers, three ribies, ten strikeouts, one walk. I feel like I could get up there into a better job than octilm Right now. I'm just saying yeah, I mean, I'm looking not defensively, but offensively. I think I could do it.
Speaker 2: I will say this underlying stuff is pretty sport. He's actually down to one sixty right now, but hard hits better than ever. He's barreling better than ever. His expected batting average is two seventy seven. So there might be, uh, you know, there might be like, let me look at his babbitt right now. Babbitt is two hundred. It's one hundred points lower. Like, you know, they're trying to get him going, but Alec Bohm is not someone you get super excited about. Kind of in general, they were trying to trade him in the off season. But I do think they're underlying stuff. Is telling us like there's a bounce back period if he starts getting cut, but he's still like low leveragy fantasy stuff RB Eyes, and that's really what you're going for.
Speaker 1: There were rumors about him being traded in the offseason. Ye I'm always talking, right, So I mean, maybe, just maybe this time, Alec Bohm doesn't get the bounce back. I'm just saying I would not be shocked. I think the Phillies are in a very win now mode. You know, you've got Bryce Harper in his prime, You've got this incredible pitching staff so far, knock on wood, you've had some good health. To me, this is when you if Boem's not getting it done, you go out and you make a deal for a third baseman like you just fit figure it out. So watch this situation closely. I think the leash for ball will be shorter than it was in the past. That's another third base question from JD. What do y'all think about Josh Young. He looks really good for his first two games back. Maybe I should drop Swarez for him.
Speaker 2: Oh, I would not I'm not dropping Swarez, but Swarez is a little bit in that that bit that he does on Young real quick. I mean, again, it's just too I guess it's too small sample size. But guy, he's not striking out. He's hitting the ball pretty well in those first two. That offense just leads to a whole bunch while those guys are underperforming. Swore is the averages back down, which you hate to see. But again, like huge barrel, huge hard hit, expected batting average, his way up, dude hit his first five hits were all homers. Diamondbacks is one of the best offenses out there. I'm gonna not drop Swars for him, but I understand why I don't trust Josh Young. He hits lower in the lineup, and he also is one of the most injured players in baseball right now. So I'm not gonna drop who is a little bit underperforming, but I think a lot is telling us the bounce back in that offense is just still great with the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to this week's Chasing Challenges segment, brought to you by Microsoft. Just like the athletes who push boundaries and redefine what's possible. Business decision makers today are turning challenges into opportunities and Microsoft beats you or you are with tools and guidance to help you make an impact with safe, secure AI solutions. So whatever the challenges you're facing, Microsoft empowers you with the expertise to say bring it on. And in this segment, we spotlight the challenges face by the Philadelphia Phillies with Alec Bohm. Why because, as I said, you've got a returning Atlanta Braves team with Spencer Streider and rond Akunya on the way. They'll figure things out. They have an emerging Spencer Schwellenbach in that rotation. The Mets just spent a billion dollars almost on Juan Soto. You know they are going to do everything it takes to win. So the Phillies are in the thick of it right now, and Patients I think is running thin with Alec Bohm. I know it's a couple weeks into the season. I know we've been here before. I've also seen the crowd turn on Alec Boum before and eventually him get things going. But I think this is a different scenario in twenty twenty five. I do not think that the Philadelphia Phillies will be as patient as they have been in the past. So maybe it means kicking the tires on a veteran third baseman who's got a contract expiring. Maybe it's going out there finding a more long term solution. But whatever it is, Alec Bohm needs to get a fire lit under him quickly because you cannot fall behind too far in this East with these teams, especially with a Washington Nationals team that I think is going to be plucky all season long. So the Phillies are in it. The Phillies are still my pick to win this division, but Alec Bohm right now is a liability. Dropping him in the order is not a good sign, and now I think he might be officially unnotice after trade rumors all off season. So we'll see if the solution is Alec Boum patience or if the solution is finding another person to replace Alec Boum in that lineup. And that's this week's Chasing a Challenges segment. Remember Microsoft AI solution empower you to take bold steps and new ideas to help drive your business forward, not backwards. Nobody wants to go backwards, and with Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions and reaching new possibilities. To visit Microsoft dot com Slash Challengers to learn more. Injuries not too many. Ranger Suarez look good in his first minor league rehab, outing in low a one hit, three scoreless innings, but Spencer Streider struck out thirteen guys in five and a third triple A. Well, shit, I think he's ready. I think he's ready.
Speaker 2: Well, he is ready. He should be back in the rotation. I guess they didn't say, or I just didn't notice what they were saying, But like this is going to be the move where he's going to be back. I would assume early next week we're going to get back in the rotation. But struck out thirteen. He's been absolutely ridiculous in those minor league starts. Looks healthy, ready to go mid April, just like they said, ma enjoy the discount. He was one of those guys. I moved up a little bit later once we started getting those that news. But he's he legitimately has a shot to be the tippy top of fantasy rotations. And now you think about Chris Sale, Strider and Schwellenbach. There is not a better three in baseball with those three, right.
Speaker 1: I wonder actually now too, because you know, April is a distant memory by the time we start turning corners into the summertime. What is the Spencer Strider number for u Cy Young? That is interesting to me.
Speaker 2: Oh you think so you eat off like three starts and what it can be.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just saying that's all it is. At the end of the day.
Speaker 2: It's just tough what means in that division, And like you, Sail, he's just blawing up this year. I think that's a tough one to do. But if you're.
Speaker 1: William pitches on a much higher profile team Brave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they have Chris Sale and Schwellenbach who are both higher odd CYM candidates than him.
Speaker 1: Plus twenty two hundred plus twenty two one.
Speaker 2: If you're the type of brain like Joey likes to do this, I don't. But if you like to like bet a guy and then watch the market and then try to buy out, and if you want to try to do it a lout, you could do that on FanDuel the time, which, by the way, you could deposit with us. When you do FanDuel and five dollars I think gets you two hundred. What's the code again, Oh.
Speaker 1: It's fantasypros dot com slash leading off to do that that.
Speaker 2: Five get two hundred. You could do that because they probably do the best of any market of letting you like progressively just buy out of it. So that would be the place I would do that with the Strider otherwise, but that's not my I don't do that type of betting. But I get the logic of it. It's just tough.
Speaker 1: It's it's not betting, it's investing, Okay, and then you sell. That's what you do.
Speaker 2: You're buying an option, buying an option on.
Speaker 1: Strider exactly exactly. And this is insider trading here. I'm helping everybody make money. I have made a fair amount of money doing this the last couple of years in the baseball markets. When you find these guys and you're like, okay, can Spencer Schrider go and can Spencer Schrider get that number from plus twenty two hundred to plus two fifty And the answer is one thousand percent yes. And if he does that, they're going to offer you buyouts they're going to offer you sixty seventy percent of your investment, so why not take it? Here's a great question. No one Aeronautol to the Philadelphia Phillies. Yes, that is exactly the guy, one hundred percent the guy. The Phillies will eat enough of that contract if they need to. Is he the perfect solution? No, but yes, that is exactly.
Speaker 2: Gotta accept it though he h what are you gonna do of wouldn't you?
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't he a gept it?
Speaker 2: He didn't. He rejected a trade in the off season, like he has the rights to reject, so he kind of opened Phillies. I don't know it was the I think it was the Astros. He rejected the Astros trade, which had plenty of stars there. So he's got to be able to like accept it, and he seemed more accepting to it towards the back half of spring training or right towards the end, so I assume. But just throwing that out there, like he has to accept it. I don't know if that's where they want to go. But if Boom is such an albatross to their offense, I suppose so, But they have to have a replacement and then you're but then you're talking about like is this gonna be a three way trade like Eronado goes to Philly and Boam goes to somewhere like Seattle. That would make some sense, and then you know those two teams move something over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well Saint Louis will just take a prospect. Yeah that's how coast. Yeah, all right, it's time everyone for our best bets of today with Joey p and the Welsh so well shouldn't feel good about his bets yesterday, but he should have because everything he touch turned to gold. I feel like yesterday. And of course, if you need some extra help, don't forget about the prop bet cheat sheet. You want value, you want rankings, You want to find the best props for strikeouts, hits, homers, you name it. Bettingpros dot com slash MLB props. Download the Betting pros app today and we're offering a free trial right now of Betting pros premium when you download the VP app Betting pros app and use that promo code, leading off one week free of the premium tools. For me, I'm going with Team Totals today. How about in Tampa? Yeah, against TODs, Bradley Atlanta Braves. I saw Matt Olsen take like a twelve pitch app at yesterday. Ozuna is getting hot. I think Riley's going to turn around. Yeah, let me tell you something. The Braves are starting to get hot. And now I'm going to test my theory, which is these teams that come into Tampa are gonna rake. And I'm gonna start with the Braves. Four and a half team total. Let's take the over plus money. Same thing with the Red Sox. I'm gonna take this one against the White Sox in Chicago. Four and a half is the team totally getting basically even money on that minus one oh two and then Aaron Judge over point five ribbis. Just one ribby, that's all he needs at home plus one forty. That is an easy day at the office, I think, and I think a way to get back in the groove. Welsh, what do you have for the people on a fun Friday?
Speaker 2: I like it? Yeah, yeah, I like seeing some team totals out of you. That's fun. I'm going with I got another run line play. We had a run line play yesterday. We're going with San Diego Santiago, Spanish four, covering by two runs. They're gonna cover two runs over Colorado. It's in San Diego Hermion Marquez, but Nick Pavetta is on there getting plus money minus one and a half plus one oh five San Diego run line. I'm gonna go with Texas money line. It's minus one twenty five. Jacob de Gram is pitching. It's Bryce Miller, Jacob de Grom. It's a good outing. Murphy's kind of interesting, but it's like minus one sixty, So minus one twenty five Texas money line backing Jacob de Gram, and then I am going to take the Detroit Tiger's first five team total runs take a breath over one point five, so I am betting that Detroit is going to score two runs in the first five innings going up against David Festa. David Festa had a little bit of a rough start, and the Miners already Tiger's fun fact in the first five, I believe are the third highest scoring team through the first five innings, so minus one forty. It's a bit juiced up, but Tiger's to score two through the first five Texas money line and the San Diego run line plus one oh five here you go.
Speaker 1: Those are the best bets of the day, which brings us to the home run board, where I think Welsh is gonna be higher than he was yesterday.
Speaker 2: It's just advance.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many people at angels, but let's take a look here and what do we have. Well, we have a Sammy Sosa jersey to give away number one, and we have the Welsh all the way up to the sixth spot. Look at that Welsh far out goes to ten, George h eighty four goes to ten. Razor ramone drops to third. There the Welsh at sixth. Welsh, what a time to be alive, right, I mean, they've gotta.
Speaker 2: Be loving Fine's the highest I've ever been on this board, especially like after like the first week. But Mike Trout gets me two on the board. That's a fun thing about the contest. By the way, if you don't know if your pick hits two or three homers, you also get two or three homers. So right behind Wonky. Though Wonkey is the scariest of all of them. Wonkee's always high up on this list. She absolutely destroys the home run contest. You guys can still take part in at me and Walkee. You're starting to move away, but join the discord. Get a sub on here, get in and start making your picks today because you still have an easy chance to beat Joe Pieza Pia, who has.
Speaker 1: Wow on the board. Matter.
Speaker 2: Joe's giving you guys a head too, like the Freeze. Oh you have two?
Speaker 1: I have two?
Speaker 2: Okay, you're like the you know the Freeze.
Speaker 1: Tani Homer and a Brent Rooker homer from last weekend. Okay, and now I'm gonna have more Homers because I'm taking Aaron Judge for the weekend. So Friday's Arias Sunday, Aaron Joje at home. That's my home run pick. It's plus two thirty if you like him today, Welsh, where you're going for your home run? Call today, I've.
Speaker 2: Got a plus four seventy plus four to seventy bet Manny Machado. Manny's going up again Herman Marquez again. It is in San Diego, but Manny has been on that power push. We get Tatis back. It looks like today, So I'm gonna go with Manny Machado just for today. I will be in putting my bets this weekend, maybe even doing a little Aaron Judge of the weekend because we got a three day slate. I know you are perpetuity through the weekend of Judge, but I will go on the discord and make some changes daily.
Speaker 1: I'm a busy man on the weekend, so I just make my Friday through Sunday pick that's my guy. For better or worse, we'll see on Monday. I doubt I'm gonna find myself on the board, but hopefully a couple homers where I start to pull myself out of it. But if you need more baseball help, subscribe to the YouTube channel. Drop your comments below. We've got trade videos out there, we got Waiver Wire videos out there, we got the Prospect video all out this week. The cycle's been dropping on Fridays and Saturdays through the weekend to help you also, so there's plenty of content. We're trying to get the thirty thousand subscribers by the end of the year. We'll see if we can do that. I think we can. And remember, when you're watching this video, drop your comments below. You might win a Nico Horner jersey courtesy friends at Pristine Auction dot com. Not too shabby. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB