Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. It's Listener Q and Daytime. We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 2: Here we are part three of Best Bits. Eddie is joining me. Hi, Eddie Morgan, you ready for your shout outs to start?
Speaker 1: I love the shout outs.
Speaker 2: Milana from California, not gonna lie. We were all worried about you when we saw you broke your art.
Speaker 1: Malana, thank you. I was worried too.
Speaker 2: So worried, so happy for Eddie and Ray congrats, thank you. Weird moment, all.
Speaker 1: The shows so weird, like what I think.
Speaker 2: My favorite part was neither one of you guys realizing we do Why are we getting congratulated?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was weird, no question.
Speaker 2: But I root for Eddie in every game and he's absolute best.
Speaker 3: Sarah, Thanks Sarah. I appreciate that because like everyone thinks, like.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're getting cocky, like you like you do really want Lunchbox winning all the games?
Speaker 2: No, but also I don't want you winning. But also I don't have a much room because I can't win any.
Speaker 1: Game I've done. You're doing better, You're doing.
Speaker 2: Better, trying really hard. Okay, do you have a favorite activity to do with each kid during your one on one time Jessica and san Diego.
Speaker 1: Well, they all like different things.
Speaker 3: So I think one of them likes to just go throw football, like throw the football in the backyard, or go to a field somewhere and he can run routes.
Speaker 2: Said field, I got a little word.
Speaker 1: But yep, you know, like a like a football field.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I go to a school.
Speaker 3: Okay, like we have a middle school that's like nearby and there's a whole football field.
Speaker 1: We'll kick field a weal stuff like that. He likes to do that.
Speaker 3: One of them likes to rollerblade, so I still and I will not he's the Yeah, he's the little one. He's the one that had a birthday party and want to go roller skating. Another one likes to just listen to music, like just listen to music. And he just bought up finally, like a record player nice and I gave him a bunch of my old vinyls and so oh he loves it.
Speaker 1: He loves it.
Speaker 3: And we just got him speakers for it, so now it sounds like legit, not those little speakers you know, and I'm talking about And then the other one likes to just play basketball. We have a little basketball court in the back and likes to do that.
Speaker 2: A lot of variety.
Speaker 3: Those are the go tos. Sometimes it's ice cream, sometimes like oh go sonic. Sometimes like, uh, take me somewhere to watch a movie, and like that's too expensive, it's too much.
Speaker 2: To go watch a movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like one on one time to watch a movie. Like if I'd spend three hours with you and take you to a movie, Like I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 1: With everyone else, got it?
Speaker 2: At that point you just might as well bring everybody correct family event.
Speaker 3: And then that's kind of how that happens. It's all go see Mufasa. It's ag in the car. We did it. It was really good, Okay, Like I was impressed with the music. I don't know, to me, like in those those Disney music movies. The music is important to me. Yeah, like because that's like you're a music guy and circle of life and can you feel the love tonight?
Speaker 1: That's that's really It was such a big.
Speaker 3: Part of Lion King, the original Lion King, that I was like, oh this, these songs may be bad, you know for the new Lion King.
Speaker 1: But they were actually pretty good.
Speaker 3: Okay, and then you know, just the storyline of Mufassa is pretty cool too, just to kind of understand.
Speaker 2: How well Mufassa was the dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's Sima's dad.
Speaker 2: What's the bad lion's name, Scar? Scar?
Speaker 1: That's it. Okay, he's in it too.
Speaker 2: Of course he is, because he has to be part of the story.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right.
Speaker 2: Is there anything else like that you would say on the show for your oldest son that you weren't going to do, like the cell phone that you said he wasn't going to have until he reached a certain point.
Speaker 1: I get it. I understand the question Ashley.
Speaker 2: And Louisiana from a fellow helicopter parent. Is there anything you did end up doing that you said you want to do?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Yes and no, because, like I think Ashley, the main one was social media, Like it was like, no, no social media until you're eighteen years old. But he did get a phone when he was fifteen. There was no social media on it other than I think be Real or something, and it was only his friends. And then now that he's he just turned seventeen, by the way, crazy and now that he's seventeen, he has social media accounts, they're all private, they're all with his friends. I do make sure and why what he's posting on there, like just to make sure everything's cool. But that'd be the big one. Like Instagram. Like I was really like, he's not. There's no reason he needs to be on Instagram until he's eighteen years old. And now it's like, you know what, Like he's learned to use it. He's responsible with it. He loves watching it and following basketball teams and following, you know, football teams and knowing all this behind this behind the scenes stuff with football teams. So that's really cool. And I was wrong about that, and I'm glad that. I'm glad that I changed my mind. I think the rules had to be set on how he was going to use social media. Yeah, now that he's using it in a very responsible way and he understands and he's not a flashy person. He's not like someone who wants to be on Instagram to post and everyone sees post, which is a huge plus. I do have a kid, one of my boys, that could be trouble there.
Speaker 2: So he could become a famous influencer your bills.
Speaker 3: But see that's what I'm talking about where, like, don't do that till you're eighteen, because like you want to be a famous influencer. That's fine when you're an adult, but as a child, like, no, you're not going to focus all your energy on like trying to be a famous influencer when you're trying to get through school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's kind of it. So I was half right, half wrong.
Speaker 2: Hey, we love a person who can admit when they're wrong.
Speaker 1: Growing. We are growing, and we're learning as we grow.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the seventeen year old, what is the oldest son's plans for the future now that he's seventeen? Which also just wild that he's seventeen? Wild, I have a full grown teenager.
Speaker 1: I've had so many of my old friends from like hometown and friends that I just grew up with that messaged me and been like, what is happening? He's seventeen, Like that is unbelievable. It is.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, Like, hey, Kenny chesney man, he knows what he's talking about, dumb blank because it goes by quick.
Speaker 2: What was the question, what is like his plans for the future?
Speaker 1: College?
Speaker 2: Yeah or anything like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not there's no there's no force in college, but we do tell him the importance of going to college, and so I think that his plan is to go to college. He's starting to look at colleges kind of see where his grades are now and where he can kind of be accepted. So he's trying to figure all that out. Right now, He's got a couple of colleges that he's interested in. So we'll see.
Speaker 2: He has another year or two, right, he does?
Speaker 1: He has two years? Oh, yeah, he has two years. But I think you have to be accepted like by the time you're a senior.
Speaker 2: Right, it's like fall of senior year if I remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the first semester or whatever.
Speaker 2: He still got some time.
Speaker 1: She's got time, but it's moving quick. Okay.
Speaker 2: Jeanette in California would like to know how your mom and brother is.
Speaker 1: Oh, thanks for asking, Jeannette. They're good.
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy is I didn't talk about this, but my mom fell right before Christmas. She slipped on some like so she lives on her own, and she was like walking into her house and I guess she slipped on a puddle of like rain and she hit the back.
Speaker 1: Of her head. And we're like, oh, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: She's like, we're all so worried again because like, that's just what happened to my dad.
Speaker 1: And so she ended up being okay. My sister took her to the hospital and she's fine. She was dizzy. Concussion, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was a concussion, but she was dizzy for a few weeks. She was dizzy through Christmas. Like there was one day while we were down there for Christmas where she was just dizy. She couldn't get out of bed because anytime she get up, she got too dizzy. But she's doing great. She's doing better with that, and mentally she's doing better, you know, still really hard for her. My bro's killing it. My bro's doing great.
Speaker 2: He's still in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: He's still in Pennsylvania. He's just trying right now.
Speaker 3: I think his biggest obstacle is to get up to speed in his job. Like he was really good at his job, and poststroke, he kind of got had to kind of relearn things. Yeah, and so now he's like, my goal, man, is to just get to where I was at my job. And he's trying, and he's he's doing really well, he had to change his diet and everything, and he's lost a lot of way.
Speaker 1: He looks healthy, looks good, So.
Speaker 2: It was a it was helpful for him to.
Speaker 3: It's kind of one of those like life lessons where you're like, I know, it sucked and it's scary and it's sad, but I think it was for a good thing because like it made you wake up and realize that things had to change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those wake up calls suck.
Speaker 1: They do suck.
Speaker 3: They do suck, and we need him sometimes and I think it's he's really doing well.
Speaker 1: Oh good, and I'm proud of him.
Speaker 2: I could sit here and keep talking to you about this, but we have to keep moving.
Speaker 1: We do have to keep not cutting off because I get it.
Speaker 2: Okay, taking a quick break, We'll be back. Avery would like to know if you're ever going to share your smoked chicken recipe.
Speaker 1: No, maybe I might. I don't know.
Speaker 2: That was a quick note.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean maybe I think that there are certain goals that I have in life, and sharing recipes is one. Like I do want to start looking in that direction of sharing recipes because I love to cook.
Speaker 1: It's like a little recipe book.
Speaker 3: Maybe a recipe book maybe maybe like a little another Instagram channel, maybe another TikTok channel or something like I don't know what it is yet, yeah, but we're definitely I'm definitely moving in a direction where I want to start sharing my passion for cooking because I love it. Yeah, I love it, Like that is the one thing that I love to do. And people say like, oh, this is so good, or have you tried this instead of that? And you're like, no, let me try that. So I love that, and I love the whole community of like people on Instagram that cook and people say like this is good, but do this instead, and then they end up doing that or you follow the person that said that and then they have something and then just it's so cool, like it's a NonStop learning cycle when you like talk to people that love to cook and everyone people that love to eat.
Speaker 2: No, you know, it's truy, Like I was planning to do more Food World stuff this year because it's always everybody's favorite stuff.
Speaker 1: It's just it's so much work. I know it is.
Speaker 2: It's not just work just to cook it and do it, but like to film every aspect and edit every aspect and then I.
Speaker 1: Know it's a lot. So to answer her question, I think that we will get there at some point.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, yeah, who will playing guitar at million dollar shows?
Speaker 1: It's a good question, good question, Lisa. Probably me.
Speaker 3: I mean, if I look at the timeline, that's about seven weeks away.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I should be back hopefully, hopefully.
Speaker 3: I mean I did pick up a guitar the other day just to kind of see like I can move my fingers. It's my right hands, it's my strum in hand. Yeah, so as long as I can kind of get my wrist back and my motion back, should be pretty good to play for a million dollar show. And let's be real, like me and Bobby are the least important people in that band. Okay, so we do have backups if we need.
Speaker 1: Them, just in case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is the workout routine you do with Bobby? Favorite and favorite thing from Atlanta?
Speaker 3: There is no favorite, There is no favorite. We work with a trainer. His name's Kevin Klug, and he's amazing, but he is mean. He's mean, and his whole purpose is to hurt us. And when we think we're doing well, he increases the weight and you feel weaker, and I don't like any of it, Like, I truly don't like any of it. I like how I feel afterwards, Yeah, because you're like, oh, I did a pretty good workout, but I hate doing the workouts. My least favorite are these things called Bulgarians. I think they're Bulgarians.
Speaker 2: Bulgarians split squats where you're like, leg is.
Speaker 1: Back, that crap?
Speaker 3: Will you put your leg on a bench and then you do a freaking lunge or some crap like, no, get that out of here. Kettle bell squats or what do they call? Those are stupid too. No, I'm talking about the freaking goblet squats that out of here.
Speaker 1: You don't like a goblet squad? No?
Speaker 2: What about burpies?
Speaker 1: Burpies are stupid? Okay, okay, Like they're all so dumb.
Speaker 3: We even do he bought this on hundred pound ball where like we have to pick it up and throw it over our shoulder like ten times. No, he does this thing called a wounded bear crawl. You ever heard of that? Yeah, that thing, that thing's stupid. I hate it all, Morgan.
Speaker 2: So I'm guessing you're the one who's complaining the whole time, and you're like, I don't want to do this, and then you feel.
Speaker 3: I don't complain about it. I just do it, and then I come on the podcasts and complain.
Speaker 1: About Okay, so we got it out here. So not no favorite things. I know.
Speaker 2: Okay, last question and I'm probably gonna butcher this moon.
Speaker 1: Come on, menu do come on mann? Yeah, and pizzolo.
Speaker 2: They asked menudo or pizzolo.
Speaker 1: I don't know what pazzolo is.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe I should know, but it's menudough like one.
Speaker 2: Let's see, Oh, oh, I see it. It's a traditional soup or stew from Mexican cuisine. It's made from gosh, why is there so many words? I can't renounce?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Omiony many? How many with me? And can be seasoned and ess with shreded lettuce or gabbage, chili, pepper's onion, garlic, radish is of avocati?
Speaker 3: I mean the way we make menudough is fat is stomach lining. Yeah, cow stomach lining us with hominie, which is like a kind of corn, a big kind of corn. So like, I guess we kind of do a hybrid pizzoli. I've heard of our pizzola whatever it is. I've heard of it, but I don't think I've ever really had that, especially with the cabbage mix in it. So I'm gonna go manu though, I mean one because that is like I love menu though, okay with flower Thorthia's man and put some line in it, so freaking good.
Speaker 2: Well there you go, and I'm also very sorry I just butchered the crap out of all.
Speaker 1: Of those words. Would you like some minu? I can make some free.
Speaker 2: Sounds weird, Okay, we got to get out of here, but anything here.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Morgan.
Speaker 2: Bye, everybody.
Speaker 1: That's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend.
Speaker 3: Go follow the show and all social platform web girl Morgan
Speaker 1: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.