Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Jettie and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Respiratory illness activity remains high across much of the country. Twenty three states are listed as high.
Speaker 1: Or very high.
Speaker 2: The CDC says flu activity is elevated nationwide and this is now classified as a high severity flu season for all age groups for the first time in seven years. Officials estimate there have been nineteen thousand flu deaths so far this season.
Speaker 3: Wow, I just did a little trip, so I was in airports, I was on planes, I was in ubers, I was in restaurants, et cetera. And I don't feel I have a sore throat today and a couple other symptoms I won't mention anyway. I google them and and it says unmentionable symptoms. Is anybody else's mind going wild right now? Show a handy you know what it is. If it's unmentionable, you know what it is. And I'm not going to mention it. But it's definitely enough, Uh, the symptoms I have. It says I could have the flu. I mean like the first five hits where if I have a sore throat and the things that I'm not going to mention, it's the flu.
Speaker 1: So we'll see.
Speaker 4: It's the gallup of trotz, folks, that's what I'm guessing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, emailed. Your guess is the mail bagget I'm drunk and getting don't don't.
Speaker 1: So we'll see.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, yeah, I've got a good friend. He and his wife laid low low for week ten days.
Speaker 3: Now I got too much to do. My son had My son had a sore throat last night.
Speaker 1: Not good.
Speaker 3: So he had a sore throat. Now I've got a sore throat. And I told him he can't be sick.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: We got school, got a bunch of things going on in school, volleyball games, practice.
Speaker 1: Can't be sick. But we'll see.
Speaker 4: Well, talk to the microbes, not your son. They're in charge. Ah, my only complaint, and then we can move on. Do we have to name everything these days? So you got your flu, you got your RSV, you got your COVID, and there's a fourth one. They're calling it a quademic right now. They don't but they don't need to. You don't need a clever name for everything.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 4: Who decided that every every hobby has to hot girl summer or I'm a I'm a downsizer, I'm a.
Speaker 1: Just stop it, Just say what, say what you want to say. You don't need to name it.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm sorry Tangent On Tangent, we really don't have time. But my son sent me a great think piece about how what you do is what you are. Don't accept the label of what you are. Then do that, you know, don't be a type, do what you think is important, live your life, and then you know, if it turns out your a certain sort of person, great. But everybody is so anxious online to declare what sort of person they are, and generally it has so do.
Speaker 3: You think people hear a label and then like adjust their lives to fit into that label, Yes, to get along interest that course, it might be true that might like happen to a lot of us. Were well, I'm I'm I'm kind of I think maybe I do that, like I've got like a vision of the thing I am or my brand in my head or other people's heads, and then I got to fit into that which is weird because I don't have to.
Speaker 4: Nobody's making me. Yeah, yeah, I'm just I'm big on freedom. But you know, I've just including freedom from your own like dopey limitations on yourself because they don't have there's no good reason for them, right. But we all work on it every day. I mean, I'm not claiming it'd be some sort of guru anyway. So this is important, friends, important and interesting and in a way amusing. Perhaps you heard last week that the AP and Jim Acosta, who is just a dick weed. Sorry, I'm sorry that was rude, trying to organize some sort of let it drop. I'm just I'm an angry man. I've got them seething under the surface. But they are trying to organize this absolutely idiotic boycott of the Trump administration as journalists and or some sort of organized resistance where if Trump does something naughty or Elon Musk is something that makes us mad, all of us will write editorials on our editorial page condemning it at once, and we will join together as a collectivist media controlled by one agenda that's got kind of a bad reputation.
Speaker 3: And then they could have their own headlines saying a majority of media have decided to boycott the Trump administration due to its lies or something like that, so they could do something then report, but they're doing it like like it's outside of their cho or something.
Speaker 4: But the White House Deputy Chief of Staff Taylor Budowitch was talking to Axios the other day and summed it up in a great way. I think this isn't just about the Gulf of.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right.
Speaker 4: AP refused to say the Gulf of America, and they put out their style book bulletin which we'll explain the second but saying no, it's the Gulf of Mexico, has been for four hundred years. Keep calling it the Gulf of Mexico. But it's not about that, said budh Witch. Or is that quote. This is about AP weaponizing language through their style book to push a partisan worldview in contrast with the traditional and deeply held beliefs of many Americans and many people around the world. Here's what they mean, and if you're not in journalism, you might not know this. The Associated Press, which has been around for a very long time and used to be a rigorously non partisan, serious journalism pit outfit, puts out their style book, which is literally a big, thick book, and then lots and lots of updates throughout the year, saying, hey, the Associated Press refers to this in this way. And sometimes it's like grammatical stuff. Do you hyphenate email like people did in the early days.
Speaker 1: Do you capitalize this or that?
Speaker 4: Or do you write like Beijing or pee King to refer to the capital of China. A lot of stuff like that, which is fine. It was a handy because I used to do some of that stuff, and it was handy to just as.
Speaker 1: A you know, objective source. How am I supposed to do this?
Speaker 4: But in recent years the AP has gone full on woke activist Julie Pace is saying that what did she say, she's the head of the AP, that this is a challenged independent journalists. Well, contrary to missus Pace and what she had to say, the White House is not objecting to the AP independent journalism, but to the way it imposes its worldview on journalists, according from The Wall Street Journal, As Julie Pace herself notes in her statement, AP reporting reaches billions of people around the world, which she calls factual, non partisan journalism, But the style book is incredibly influential. Here's the problem. The AP style book, writes, the Wall Street Journal is the wellspring of journalistic group think.
Speaker 1: Since it went online.
Speaker 4: In twenty oh two, the flood of conformity has intensified to creese and dogmas propagate far more rapidly than they did when the style book was a spiral brown volume with new editions every couple of years. One of the most prominent examples looks deceptively like a question of pure style. Few years ago, the AP began capitalizing black when used as a racial designation.
Speaker 1: Not white, by the way, not white, just black.
Speaker 4: This was a telling change, because, in contrast with the Gulf of Mexico thing, the AP did not stick with tradition the opposite, nor did it bow to a change in common usage. It wasn't like they said, hey, most Americans use a capital B now, so we ought to reflect that. No, they bow to activist demands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, So they're trying to push it out as opposed to reflect on a change.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So, with some exceptions, liberals, including most news organizations, fell into line with the AP, while conservatives didn't. The Supreme Court, for instance, has split with the three Democratic appointees and Justice Core such for some reason, opting for capital black the non partisan AP's attempt to position itself at the vanguard of history and succeeded in stranding itself on one side of America's ideological gulf. Moving on, there's a lot more blah blah blah. This one guy reports that the White House aids grievances against the AP extend to immigration.
Speaker 1: The style book bans the term alien.
Speaker 4: That's racist to talk about illegal aliens, the actual legal term. If you are an AP newspaper or you know, there are articles up here in newspapers all over the world. They've banned the word alien. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: They've banned the term illegal immigrant. That is absolutely ridiculous. I had no idea of this. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: This it's not about the freaking Gulf of America, which is funny, and nobody cares.
Speaker 3: You can't use the term illegal immigrant in a news story.
Speaker 1: According to the AP.
Speaker 3: That's correct. Yeah, it's rights all young journalists out there. The christ are probably lefties anyway. But you're a young journalist working in a newspaper, radio station, TV station, sometimes small town wherever it is. You get the AP s foul book because that's the way you do it. You can't use the term illegal immigrant. That's nuts.
Speaker 4: But wait, there's more chain migration for voting anchor babies.
Speaker 1: Terrible racist term. Can't use it.
Speaker 4: And when you're discussing political violence, I suspect on only one side of the aisle. It discourages using riot and terrorism is more the nine terms for the protests, the mostly peaceful protests after George Floyd, for instance. But the style Book, we're warming up now, everybody stretched out, everybody ready. The style Book descends from bias into delusion with its quote transgender coverage topical guide. This is a twenty nine hundred word ideological manifesto.
Speaker 1: The AP put out quote, do not use.
Speaker 4: The term transgenderism, which frames transgender identity. Is an ideology, and it's filled with bizarre assertions and jargon which reporters are mandated to accept if they supersede the facts of life. According to the guide, a child and this is why you see this. I almost used a very bad word, folks. I'm glad I didn't. According to the guide, a child isn't born a boy or a girl quote rather sexist quote. Usually it's assigned at birth by parents or attendants and can turn out to be inaccurate.
Speaker 3: Well, it's nice that whoever writes the AP style book has nailed down the facts on that and told us all that's interesting.
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Rush through all this. We need to bring you a quick word from our friends. It's simply safe. We'll take a little break and then come back with the rest of this. The AP is as bad as the Southern Poverty Law Center or the you know, the the former not NAACP.
Speaker 1: What's the what's that? I used to be a AARP. No, that's not it. I was a card carrying member of the ACLU.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 4: Yes, they're awful, the AP. Anyway, word from our friends, it's simply safe. Home security progressive policies has faultful also brought us an explosion in crime. Isn't that special? It's simply safe. Helps to stop threats before they even have the chance to break in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've got these AI powered cameras. It's part of the Active Guard outdoor protection where live professioning monitoring agents can monitor your property into tech suspicious activity and then the actual human beings can talk to the scumbags before they break into your house or call the cops or whatever, before they get in your house, not.
Speaker 1: After and dig this.
Speaker 4: Monitoring plans start affordably at around a dollar a day, no long term contracts or cancelation fees, sixty day satisfaction, guarantee your money back. Visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong to claim fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan. Your first month is freeing and that's fifty percent off. Go to simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe. So the radical theory, the critical theory stuff, critical race theory, radical gender theory, radical queer theory.
Speaker 1: All of that stuff.
Speaker 3: The AP has hoovered up all of it and insists that every journalist in America tow the radical neo Marxist line.
Speaker 1: More examples in a minute. I am concerned. I have the flu.
Speaker 3: I got a question for those of you know something about the flu. Also, we got to get to and a bunch of other stuff. News of the day, catch up from the weekend. Macrone's visiting with Trump right now to talk about Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Stay with us, going.
Speaker 5: To say, DEI you know what it means, as that's heard somebody to say earlier today, they have substitute in these acronyms for the N word.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Go?
Speaker 4: That's James Clyburn, who got Joe Biden elected the president, our first ever mummy President. Cliburn is saying, if you use the term dei, that's a dei hier, I'm dei. You're saying, I'm against N word, I'm against enners. It's the same thing. Yeah, nice job, James. Way to just make the country worse and more racist.
Speaker 1: Go away.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we were talking about how the AP has incredible influence over journalism with their AP Style Book and the current fight with the Trump administration. They're trying to pretend is about the Gulf of America, which is just silly, but it's really about the AP Stylebook having hoovered up all of critical theory, all of that radical theory that's got men in women's locker rooms, and the idea that there are seventy seven different genders and a boy who dons a wig ought to be able to beat the crap out of girls on sports fields. It's all just so sick, but so according to the AP's style book, it says, according to the child the guide, a child isn't bored a boy or a girl. Rather, sex is quote usually assigned at birth by parents or attendants, and ken turn out to be inaccurate. Yeah, like one time out of ten thousand. Examples of gender identities include non binary by gender a gender, gender fluid, gender queer, and combinations of identities such as non binary woman. Please read pluck Rose and Lindsay's cynical theories. They explain what all of this is and what it's doing anyway. They go on to say, quote dead naming a transgender person that is accurately reporting such a person's given name quote, even posthumously in obituaries or other coverage, is often considered disrespectful to the deceased, their survivors, and any transgender people. So you're supposed to say, Caitlin Jenner won the men's to Caathlon in nineteen seventy six. How idiotic is that? Now all of this is cloaked in an appeal to authorities. Quote experts from organizations including the American Medical Association, American Psychiatric Association, an American Psychological Association, whatever that was, say, gender is a spectrum Yeah, they're all captured by critical theorists, by Marxists. Quote reporters are instructed to squelch any challenge to the accepted authorities. Don't quote people speaking about biology or athletic regulations unless they have the proper background. That's why Katanji Brown Jackson made the hilariously idiotic assertion that she couldn't define a woman on the grounds that I'm not a biologist.
Speaker 3: Right, and again, I've got the polling from the New York Times on the trans athlete Trump thing coming up.
Speaker 1: Right, and as they we got two minutes. Okay, good.
Speaker 4: These editorial dictats have real world effects. Sports teams, locker rooms, public restrooms, and prisons are segregated by sex, obviously to protect women. When many women object when a transgender woman, a man who conceives of himself as a female or claims it intrude into these areas, good luck if you want fair treatment of the question from your local newspaper TV station, which is almost certainly an AP member. Sure, and the AP's policy is that those men are women. Because they said so, trans women are women. Hot dogs are dogs anyway, The Trump administration said there are two sexes.
Speaker 1: Male and female not changeable.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah, And as James Toronto writes in the Wall Street Journal quote, this has been the case at least since sexual dimorphism emerged in trilobites some five hundred and forty million years ago. If the AP is willing to deny the primordial truth about sex on the say so of some authority figure, the Gulf of Mexico is a strange hill for it to die on.
Speaker 1: But I hope it.
Speaker 4: Does, or at least I hope both sides stand their ground after the AP loses in court, and the result is a diminuation of its influence on American journalism.
Speaker 1: Amen, Hey, law.
Speaker 3: So as I have the symptoms, is it too late to take a flu shot? Can you take a flu shot? Once you've got the floors that?
Speaker 1: Do you know? Good? Yes you can take one, and yes it does you no good.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, nobody's gonna stop me from getting one, but it would do me no good with my current situation.
Speaker 4: Now, your antibodies are already on alert and rushing to their battle stations.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get to that, uh polling in a bunch of other stories we got to catch up on coming up, stay here.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 3: I think we should all do what Elon asks. Let's all make a list of five things we did last week that could justify our jobs. I watched a lot of news. I did some things I planned to talk about. It's about I have a unique job. That's it's unfair for our job.
Speaker 1: That's out.
Speaker 4: Pyle is looking pretty tempting for your little memo, son, I say.
Speaker 1: No, he's through. He's fired.
Speaker 3: I personally know people and work in the federal government who have made their lists that if you haven't heard this news story, Elon put that out to all federal employees. You got to you gotta write him an email, send it to him, the five things you did last week that show that you're your job is necessary. And then I don't know, good lord, how many millions of emails would he get. Who's gonna go through all those? I don't know how they would determine, if any but he's being honest or not?
Speaker 4: Right right, let's see you know the list four mundane things in five. I'm in charge of considering the annexation of Greenland.
Speaker 1: I feel like you could. You could.
Speaker 3: I met with the King of Arabia and I flew in a rocket to Mars. I think I think you can send the email. I don't think anybody's ever going to read it. I just can't imagine they're gonna get down to it.
Speaker 4: But personally stamped out all the mice and grain silos in Nebraska, right, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not anti doing this.
Speaker 3: I would love to be able to justify all these government jobs and whether or not they or needed.
Speaker 1: But I just I just don't know if this is workable. Well, no it's not.
Speaker 4: I mean, in principle it's wonderful, but it's just it's silly because even the departments had hads Trump appointed or saying no, don't do that, or like RFK Junior said yeah, go ahead and do it that. Then he put it out a memo saying let's hold off to like noon Monday, so we.
Speaker 1: Get the a look at this. It's just silly.
Speaker 4: It's Elon trolling, and I wish he would and this is just me.
Speaker 1: Maybe if he lost his trolling, we'd lose Elon.
Speaker 4: But I would like him to be sober and serious like he is about getting rocket ships up into the air to make criticism more difficult. I wish he was more buttoned up about this because I wanted to succeed.
Speaker 3: Well, you're now famous quote of uh oh, you can't order human beings without onions. Is the Elon thing. I mean, oh, we got to get to his baby mama and that whole thing.
Speaker 4: Wow, My life, though, is testament to the fact that you can get people to be stupid less often.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 3: The most recent kid that we became aware of kid number thirteen, the twenty four year old Hotty that he had the baby with. Some emails or texts surfaced over the weekend where she's texting other somebody else, a friend of hers, about how she was she's somehow, she was working somewhere where she had access to Elon.
Speaker 1: She's hot.
Speaker 3: She she texted this friend about how she was gonna seduce Elon and trap him and have a baby with him, and that was her plan. And not surprising that happens with NBA stars and you know, movie stars and all kinds of rich people. I mean, that story's over over. What I didn't like is it was portrayed most places. I saught of ha ha ha to Elon like he's the ridiculous figure here and not the sort of freaking woman who goes out and gets pregnant on purpose for cash. Yeah, you pretended to be in love with a guy or like him and he had sex with you.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make him the bad guy.
Speaker 4: Manhattan and Washington, DC are full of those couples, for instance.
Speaker 3: But you pretend to like somebody and they fall for it, they're not. They didn't do something wrong. You're a creepo and a like low life with no conscience for doing that. Don't portray it the other way around. That's weird, right, Yeah, congratulations rock stars, congratulations on seducing a guy just for money.
Speaker 1: Yay for you, Yahoe. I mean, what is that? Wow? That's harsh. If that's what she did, that's pretty accurate, isn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 3: I just I can't get too up in arms about it because Elon obviously has no problem with that sort of thing. No, I'm not, And again I'm not making it about Elon. I'm making it about the portrayal of if you got If you got a guy who fall who believes you when you come on to him, and then she acts like she likes you, that's not a deficit in him, right, It's like it's like our thing we always say, like, if you know, if somebody breaks into your car, you left it unlocked. I mean you should have locked it. But the scumbag is the criminal who broke into your car, right. I don't go around trying door handles.
Speaker 1: To you, right AnyWho?
Speaker 3: Uh oh, we got to get this joke on. We got a joke from Greg Guttfeld that I know some of our audience will like.
Speaker 1: And that's not it's not my sort of joke. But here you go. Oh boy.
Speaker 4: Divorce rumors continue to escalate for the Obamas.
Speaker 1: Hopefully they can settle it like men.
Speaker 3: Okay, there you go. I know some of you like that. Based on the texts we get. She's big bone, she's a woman. I understand why that persists in some quarters. We probably ought to get some of the audio that exists of Trump arguing with some governors over the weekend about uh, men and women's sports, that whole issue.
Speaker 1: And it became quite a thing.
Speaker 3: And there are still some governors of your blue states who are willing to, if not die on that hill, fight on that hill for you know, a high school boy breaking the state track record and winning the gold medal or whatever.
Speaker 1: I just I don't get why you're so into this issue.
Speaker 4: But the New York Times reading how Maine has decided this is the civil rights issue of our time.
Speaker 3: Boys being able to beat the crap out of girls on the sports. Yeah, that's who Trump got into it with over the weekend, the governor of Maine.
Speaker 1: They had a back and forth over this.
Speaker 3: Here's the national polling from the New York Times on this. Overall, the question being at the top, transgender athletes should not be allowed to compete in women's sports just as a blanket statement. It doesn't even say for high school sports. I gotta believe the number goes up for that probably, but overall seventy nine percent call it eighty. Since it's within the plus or minus eighty percent of Americans think transgender athletes should not be allowed to compete women's sports. It's an eighty twenty issue. I mean, it's not even flipping close.
Speaker 4: And I would guess the twenty that's left is includes at least a small measure of don't knows, And so the support for this is in the teens. Yeah, and it's self evidently perverse and everybody knows it. What's disturbing to me is the incredible influence of a tiny minority of lunatics.
Speaker 3: Right. If you break it down by party, of course, for Republicans it's ninety four percent, but even for Democrats it's two thirds, two thirds, and independence two thirds of Democrats say.
Speaker 1: Two thirds of Democrats say no, hold on, no, oh no, it might be bird flu. Did you hear that?
Speaker 4: Probably we've got a quindemic going on?
Speaker 1: I might have all four? Could that happen?
Speaker 3: Where I have RSV, bird flu, cod covid.
Speaker 1: The flu gunnrhea? Is that the other one? The fifth? I don't hope I don't have all of them at the same time.
Speaker 3: But if two thirds of Democrats say dudes shouldn't be competing in women's sports, how is this even a controversy? We're so misled by the Hollywood in the mainstream media. Who is their outsized influence of making people think, well, you know, it's not the sort of thing I should stay out loud. It's an It's a sixty point win.
Speaker 1: For your side. It's not even close. You could you should?
Speaker 3: You don't call an eighty twenty issue controversial issue. It's so no yes, and and yet you know it's funny just as in the side. I heard a really interesting podcast with a libertarian type author who's talking about the kind of the dumb side of tribalism and how it makes you do and say things that you probably shouldn't be proud of when you know, we're all countrymen and we ought to be cooperating and let you know, forming coalitions.
Speaker 1: Got fell in a joke about what'll settles like men.
Speaker 4: An excellent for instance, anyway, and I thought, you know, as far as you know what he said, he's right.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: Part of his message was we're not meant to be political all the time. It's okay to just have relationships in that sort, and I agree completely with that. On the other hand, we have allowed ourselves to get into a situation we're duped, honestly, where virtually the entire public government educational complex is preaching a radical ideology that's believed by a.
Speaker 1: Teen's percentage of Americans.
Speaker 4: And so, oh my lord, this train has gone way way down the track. And so I don't think the option of being well, it's unfortunate, but we can work on it together. I don't think we're at that point. We let it get way, way, way too farther. I give the neo Marxist credit as a political scientist for being as incredibly effective as they've been. They did it under the cloak of darkness of misleading everybody about what they're actually doing.
Speaker 3: So we've gotten a couple of texts from people who are in government who got the email from Elon about how you got to come up with five things to justify your job. Nobody is going to read them, says this texter. They're just fishing to see who doesn't reply, because Elon did include if you don't want to do this, I we'll take that as a resignation, and which is fine. Maybe you get several thousand people across the country or tens of thousands of people to do that.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Somebody has to make their list Number one, snappy dresser, number two, taller than average, Number three.
Speaker 1: I make a mean onion dip number four.
Speaker 4: You know, I've got most of the plots of Seinfelds memorized.
Speaker 3: Or I just make the workplace a funnier place to be right, with my jokes and witticisms.
Speaker 4: Humor makes the workplace more productive, and I'm very very amusing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's an interesting idea.
Speaker 3: You asked the question earlier, and I can't wait till books, until books are written about this.
Speaker 1: Did Trump have any idea Elon was doing that? Or did Elon fire that off?
Speaker 4: Judging by the reaction from a number of Trump appointees, I would say no, he didn't know, because a lot of the prominent names you've heard just got approved by the Senate and all are like, what, wait, No, no, our people don't have to do that.
Speaker 3: What so like cash Btel specifically said of the FBI, no, do don't respond to that.
Speaker 1: You don't have to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And I believe a Secretary of Treasury said the same. But the the Department of Transportation, guy whose name I don't have memorized yet, he was out today. He said, I told all employees they need to do that, and here are my five things I did last week.
Speaker 1: So he's on board.
Speaker 4: Here's the Cabinet secretary. You don't have to fill out the list he did. This is all very silly. Oh, speaking of which, you know, pretty big headline. Cash Bateel had told Republican senators in private, my deputy head of the FBI, whatever the title is, will be a career officer who knows how the FBI works, and because that's been the tradition the entire time the fbis existed. Well, for whatever reason, probably because Trump pushed him on it, he appointed Dan Bongino as his second in command instead former Secret Service agent Hard Ass and big time radio host slash podcaster Dan Bongino. So there are a number of Republican senators who are leaking. We were told this would not happen, so that you know, there could be a little attention there. We'll say one more thing from the Q crowd, which I'm in touch with. The Q and on crowd are where whatever your news sources are in the Q and on crowd. Apparently the belief is that step number one for Cash Mattel, now that he has been sworn in as a director of the FBI, is going after Hillary Clinton, the whole pedophile ring. And so that whole thing is going to be unearthed very quickly. No, he isn't to know. It won't here on earth. We're worried about Hillary bilking the world for the Foundation and just good old fashioned thievery.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got more of the ways to hear Armstrong, Heyetty, when I'm told we have a celebrity death related to this song. I don't know who sad is.
Speaker 4: Dion Warwick, ROBERTA Flack, ROBERTA Flack as a Flack, so sorry to hear that.
Speaker 1: She's very very old. One side?
Speaker 4: Do we do minor celebrity deaths some.
Speaker 1: Major celebrity If you're ROBERTA Flack fan, what are we doing? Yes, Katie, no minor celebrities.
Speaker 3: She had multiple top Billboard hits and she died eighty eight.
Speaker 1: What's her biggest hit? She Killing Me Softly? Yep, killing me softly.
Speaker 3: Also, I'm a big jazz fan and I was watching a video the other day with these uh instructors I really like Top ten jazz albums of all time, and they had a ROBERTA Flack album on there that I'd never heard of before.
Speaker 4: And as I was saying, the nation is reeling from the loss of the great ROBERTA Fly and it's right, and we take a moment to reflect in.
Speaker 1: Her life, she's dead as a hammer. Okay. Interesting, Wow, great jazz singer. Huh. I guess did not know that.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what, My cynicism has been kicked right where it deserved.
Speaker 1: To be and has doubled over now and rethinking its ways.
Speaker 4: Oh speaking speaking of careers and being in the public eye, and that a quick indulge me a quick tip of the cap to my friend Brian Campbell, who won a PGA Tour event Professional Golf Association Tour event yesterday. He is an incredible story and an example young phenom, great college player, got his tour card, which meant he got to play on the PGA Tour, lost it almost immediately. He just didn't play well enough to stick around, and for seven years or so he has been grinding to get back on the PGA Tour. He finally did. We had a big party and then but this season has been very rocky. He like, if you know how golf works, if you don't play well enough on Thursday and Friday, you get cut. You don't play on the weekend. And his first eight tournaments this year or something, I cut cut, cut, cut fifty first, sixty second cut than he won for the first time in his entire career. Great guy has worked like a maniac. I mean beyond when people were telling him, yeah, I'm not sure it's going to work out, but it was great to see I yelled louder than I have for any sports event in twenty years. In my living room yesterday I couldn't sit down for the last hour and a half.
Speaker 3: Perfect that you brought up golf because I've been meaning to ask this question. I came across this headline in the Wall Street Journal yesterday. I don't play golf, but the weird new putting technique that's driving the golf world nuts.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: I can't even imagine you hold the club in your mouth? Or is it worse than that?
Speaker 4: It's worse than that jacket involves a good deal of vaseline.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we all think it.
Speaker 3: It No, I hinted at something and then you like drew the picture for some reason, like we're children, couldn't get my hint.
Speaker 1: It's thinter the mind exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Michael, thank you for I can't decide which side he's on. Uh No, it's called it's something called aim point. If you ever watch golf, the guys, instead of like just using their eyes to figure out which way a pot is going to break, which means curve, they like use their feet to try to assess the slope, and then they assess what degree of slope. Then they hold two fingers up next to the cup to pick their It's time consuming.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's not as controversial if they were suitcasing the butter and making that.
Speaker 4: Wow, the pot calls the kettle black. Right now, it's dopey within golf and it's fine.
Speaker 3: The the thing you know, with the golf friend you just mentioned, I was telling my kids about this over the weekend because I'm trying to motivate them to try harder at various things.
Speaker 1: It seems to be it seemed to be having.
Speaker 3: Trouble with that, but that probably got my genetics is the problem. But one thing I've learned from YouTube that it has helped give a glimpse into the world of athletes, musicians, writers, all kinds artists, all kinds of different people of how much effort they put into being successful. They weren't just born talented, well, they weren't born talented, But then the amount of work that you have to put in. Most of us, even given the talent by God to be that artist, musician, you, golfer, whatever, wouldn't put in the time that it takes to ever utilize it.
Speaker 1: Two quick bits of wisdom.
Speaker 4: Number one, the thing that takes more effort than anything else is to appear effortless. Takes a tremendous amount of effort. Secondly, one of the great pianists, I can't remember which one, Rubinstein, one of those guys. Somebody once said to him, I would give my life to play piano, give my life to play the piano like you do.
Speaker 1: And he said I did, right.
Speaker 3: And most of us, like even given the talent, wouldn't do that. And I think that's helpful to know how much effort you've got to put in to be successful.
Speaker 1: Hopefully, Man, it takes a while to pan out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you missed a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: We've got a lot more coming in hour three Armstrong and Getty