Speaker 1: All right, welcome in. We'll drive me to the Great episode four nineteen. As always, this episode of What's Right When the Grid has brought to you by our friends at boost Mobile. A reminder to everyone, please like great subscribe to the show. A reminder all our lines are from our good friends at hard Rock Bet. And this weekend Monday, I got crushed and I was watching the game from a sportsbook in Philly where I had been playing poker in the morning, and the Bills game that is, and I just kept betting the Bills because I was so sure I was on the right side of it. And then I just left four very sad tickets at the little booth I had set up at the sportsbook afterwards. So here's how we've done. The playoffs have ruined us, and I have made an executive decision that my season law record and my playoff record are separate entities. So I know the graphic is about to tell you that the season long record, I'm now four games under five hundred, But the reality is for the season I was exactly five hundred. For the playoffs, I'm guaranteed a stone loser. But this regular season is where the circa contest is just regular season. Me versus Danny is just regular season. This is what we call coping because I'm not doing well. Here were my four picks this weekend. I had the Bills plus one at Denver. I don't think I was on the wrong side of it. They they At one point it looked like before Josh Allen threw the final interception, they were about to be the first the second team in eighty seven playoff games to lose the turnover battle by three and win anyway. They turned the ball over five times and lost by a field goal in overtime. But that it's a loser. I can't so much say I was on the right side of San Francisco plus seven at Seattle. That might be Deman's the shortest amount of time anyone's ever been covering a bet. I was getting seven points, so you start off covering Seattle, returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown, and then just covered the whole way. That was a stone loser. New England minus three against Houston. I was again, I mean I won it and I was on the right side of it. And the Rams minus four at Chicago. They're up seven. It's fourth down. Caleb Williams is retreating forty yards backwards for a nice little cover and we lose. So again, I feel like I liked my process on three of the four doesn't matter. I went one and four and then or one and three, and then to add a little twist to the knife, I got greedy in the National Championship game. I had that game clocked exactly right that I thought Miami was very live, that Miami was better than people thought that Miami could get. Oh, I don't know with stand a punt blocked for a touchdown and still have a chance to win the game. But instead of taking the eight and a half points, I bet them on the money line at plus two sixty. Yeah, and that's another loser. So you, on the other hand, UH had the same two losers as me and Bills and Niners, but you had New England as a winner, the Bears as a winner, and Miami plus eight and a half. So your gambling success continues. I'm happy for you. Just brutal, Just brutal. I don't know what if we're gonna be on the same side on these two conference championship games, we're gonna get to those in a moment. But first remind you guys. Today's show is brought to you by representing sponsor hard Rock Bet, Florida's sportsbook. These playoffs have been crazy. I hope you've been cashing in on these unexpected moments. On hard rock Bet. Two teams are gonna punch their tickets to the big game this weekend. And when it comes to these standalone matchups, nothing better than the same game parlay. Lock in one game, stack your picks, build your script. Maybe the quarterback throws for two fifty, the running bet goes for one hundred. Tight ends the first one it paid art hard Rock Bet gives you tons of ways to build your same game parlay, turning game days into paydays. And if you miskickoff, don't worry. Hard Rock Bet is live in game betting, so you're never too late to the action. Find a winner, grab that player prop you meant to play, and live bet between snaps in just a few easy taps. If you haven't tried your first bet on hard Rock Bet, there's still time for you to get one hundred three dollars in bonus bets. If you win, just place a five dollars bet and if it hits, you get not only your winnings, but also an extra one hundred three dollars in bonus bets. So just because your favorite team may be out of it, that doesn't mean you have to sit on the sidelines this postseason between same game parlays, live betting, can't miss welcome off for a new promos dropping every day. Hard Rock Bet has you covered all postseas along Hertrock Bet. Download the hard rock Bet app and make your first deposit today, payable in bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. In Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC and all other states, must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight three three play wise. In Indiana. If you or someone you know is a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem Call one eight hundred Gambler Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee vir all right, demon's time now for Knicks picks. We will start with the NFC Championship game. Go ahead, man.
Speaker 2: The NFC Championship game has the Seahawks and Rams, who have seen each others twice this year, and both of those were tightly contested games. You going as far to say that this is the de factos Super Bowl? Do you care to explain that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I just I think that there are certain times when it's very clear that one of the conference championship games is going to determine is the of the three games remaining, the two best teams aren't going to be playing in the Super Bowl. They're playing this weekend, and I would be stunned if the winner of this game does not win the Super Bowl. And this was the case in ninety four when we had Niners Cowboys NFC Championship game with the Chargers waiting on the other side of it. This was the case in six when we had Patriots Colts AFC Championship game with the Rex Grossman Bears waiting on the other side of it. And that's what I think we have this weekend. And I you know, I'm gonna do this, I guess a little clunky. I'm gonna tell you my pick in this game now, and then I'll explain why I think the Rams win. So I'll take the Rams plus two and a half. I Seattle has been unbelievable all year, and they are in some very impressive historical territory as far as teams that score as many points per game as they do more than twenty five and allow as few points per game as they do less than seventeen. Their defense is awesome, their coach is awesome. They do have home field advantage. With that said, and Darnald you know, has earned at the very least everyone's respect, even he hasn't quite earned everyone's trust. With that said, Stafford is in such a different tier as than donald and McVeigh. As great as Mike McDonald is, I think mcveigh's the second best coach in the NFL, and some of mcvay's game management stuff late can be a little vexing, but I have felt like the Rams were the best team all year long. I should say all year long, but there's certainly the best NFC team throughout most of the year, and the best team overall the last few months. I don't mind demons that they haven't played their best game in these playoffs. I think that I know what their best game looks like. I know they have it in them. I've seen them play their best defensive game of the season against Seattle when they forced the four interceptions, and I saw them play their best offensive game of the year against Seattle when Stafford threw for four point fifty that game on Thursday night. That was a that was for the one seed. Essentially, it was criminal the Rams lost that game. They were in full and total control of that game. Rashid Shahed returns a pump for a touchdown. They have another like reverse was I think it was to Shahied where he gets them down inside the ten. There was the really fluky backward pass two point conversion, remember where they then pick the ball up in the end zone and they get the two point conversion. And then in overtime Stafford drives right down the field, they score a touchdown and they can't get a stop on Darnold, who at that point was playing great. I just believe I think this is the Rams year. I think that Stafford has cemented himself. Stafford is going to be. If I'm right that he's winning the MVP, he has cemented himself as a Hall of Famer league MVP plus super Bowl championship plus the counting numbers, is gonna be a Hall of Famer. If he makes another Super Bowl, much less wins another super Bowl, then you do start having interesting historical discussions of Stafford versus Big Ben Stafford versus Drew Brees, like though, that's the territory that he starts to eke into. And so I like the Rams in this spot. And I'm not gonna say demonse that I think Darnald is gonna melt, but I think melt is more likely than awesome game I might. And so I Seattle's a tough place to play, and the Rams trying to do something only a handful of teams have done, which is three straight road games and route to the super Bowl. But I think they can do it. I like the Rams plus the two and a half, where the the where.
Speaker 2: You are one, I'm on Seahawks minus the points. I think this will actually be like more of a low scoring game. And I believe in Seattle's defense a little bit more than I believe in the Rams. I just I think it will be tightly contested. Seahawks will be able to pull it off.
Speaker 1: Seattle's defense is unbelievable and it wouldn't stun me at all if they you know, if they win it, the Seattle can make the case, guys, we've been the best team in the league start to finish that the first game of the year, we lost a weird one to the Niners where Darnold fumbled when they looked like they were going to be going in for the game winning touchdown. We lost another weird one to the Bucks thirty eight to thirty five, where we had it we were up thirty five twenty eight with a minute ten left and then gave up a touchdown, turned the ball over Bucks field goal. And we lost that one game to the Rams twenty one to nineteen, where we lost by two points despite the fact that our quarterback turned it over four times. Seattle has a legit claim the starting to finish, they've been the best team. I just believe in the Rams this weekend, all right.
Speaker 2: Next, So the Patriots find themselves facing that Denver defense and no bo Nicks. They're in a decent situation right now. They got Jared Stidham, What are your thoughts on this one? I think this could be spicy.
Speaker 1: So I do too. So I think that the combination of the shakiness of the Pats offensive line plus how loose Drake May has been with the football, plus the crowd noise in Denver, which is going to help the Broncos pass rush immensely because the Patriots are gonna have to go to a silent count Drake May's first career road playoff game. All of that means this is a game that I think could be played in the teams. And if it's a game that's going to be played in the teams and I'm getting five and a half points with it with the home team, all take those five and a half points. I think the Stidham piece of this. Demanse is super interesting because he only has four career starts, he hasn't started in two years, and he's getting his first start in a conference championship game. All of that is horrifying. However, he's twenty nine years old, so he's experienced. Sean Payton made it a priority to go get him and right when he got to Denver and then re sign him after two years his first career start ever came against a really good Niners team. He put up three hundred yards and three touchdowns. There is something there where you know what I mean. And we saw Denver throughout the year in games bo Nicks didn't play well, we saw Denver keep it close and find a way to win. Now. I don't expect Stidham to be as good on you know, when these clutch drive situations as bo Nicks had been, but I do think he will be passable, and I think that. I think Drake May is more likely to turn the ball over in this game than Sidham is. The Patriots are more likely to be able to overcome that, but I like the Broncos plus the points. I think this is a seventeen thirteen twenty one to seventeen seventeen fourteen type of game where New England wins. I do think the Patriots win, but I think the Broncos cover. They're the biggest home dog in a championship game since the merger. They're the first home dog in a championship game in a decade. The last one was the Broncos hosting the Patriots, with Peyton Manning hosting Old Peyton Manning hosting Tom Brady, and I had. As much as it pains me, I have to give Sean Payton credit. He hauled his shot on this team and he's been right. And the Broncos just won an unbelievable game against Buffalo. They earned the one seed, and I think that they are gonna be able to greatly impact to the Patriots passing game. So even though I think the Patriots find a way to win and we get a Super Bowl of the one and two MVP finalists, Stafford in May, I'll take Denver plus the points. Where do you fall on that?
Speaker 2: I'm taking Denver with the points, and I honestly think they can end up winning this game. I think they They definitely went up playing the game five and a half, definitely comfortable with. But yeah, and I honestly think Stidham is it's like that that feeling when nobody expects anything of you, and just like I don't think anybody expects him to deliver out there, So if he does, he does, and I don't think they they might not find themselves in this situation where they are having to come back because he wasn't playing bad the whole game.
Speaker 1: Well, you do raise an interesting point, which is, this is the only scenario the Patriots could have found themselves in where they're on the road in the AFC Championship game, in Drake May's second year as a starter, in Mike Rable's first year as a head coach, and all the pressure is on them. Yes, and so I do find that at least somewhat interesting. Real quick, you guys, ever, notice how everything keeps going up. Rints going up, streaming service is going up. Your favorite burrito spots charge an extra for salza. Not with boost Mobile. With boost Mobile, you and your phone bill don't have to play the will this go up soon? Game? Why? Because Boost Mobile has a limited talk, text and data at a place at a price that will never go up. In fact, same price you'll pay for life. So switch now for unlimited wireless at a price that will never go up only at boost Mobile. After thirty gigs, customers may experience lower speeds. Customers will pay twenty five dollars per month as long as they remain active on the boost Unlimited plan. All right, Demon's a teasers are tough in the playoffs because you don't have you usually have the whole league to look through. And so now and you're a little bit forced. Last week you tease Seattle of plus one stone winner, Buffalo to plus nine winner, Houston to plus eleven, and CJ just killed you, just killing.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, should have tease the Patriots there, obviously, but but yeah, so that one's a loser three. So this one's a little weird. This one's more man made. It's a three point eight point alternate line parlay at minus one o two. So I'm teasing New England up to plus two and a half and the Rams to plus ten and a half, and then I'm taking the under on the Rams Seahawks game, and that's at fifty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, you added points to the total as well. Okay, uh let me can I can? I mean, you're a change what you just nought New England. You just thought New England could that the Broncos could win. I did, And now you're teasing the Patriots tough.
Speaker 2: I mean I trust that I trust the Patriots. No, no, no, I trust the Patriots to keep it close more than I trust the Broncos to win the game. Like I think, even if the Patriots were to lose the game, I still think it'd be a close game, and I believe New England will win it. But I also wouldn't be shocked if Broncos.
Speaker 1: If the Broncos, no, I buy all that, which is why if that if on the screen right there it said New England plus three and a half, I would feel better. But just because you're saying keep it close, you can be the Patriots lose by three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or I could just right I could just tease the Broncos up in that direction. But I guess I'm telling them myself.
Speaker 1: I will get here.
Speaker 2: I might believe in New England more, but I do.
Speaker 1: I got the game. I gotta tell you, I this is a This is why Tea's in the playoffs so hard. Five and a half points. A five and a half point spread is the nutlow, the single worst point spread for an eight point teaser. Because you tease the face, you tease the favorite, you don't get the field goal because you're a plus two and a half, you tease the dog, you don't get two full touchdowns, you're at plus thirteen and a half. You're just it's just the worst possible number to have to tease on. So I'm not I'm not there. You don't have a lot of options here. It's just a rough one. Speaking of rough ones, yeah, last week, I was like, I'm not giving you one touchdown, Genie, I'm doing a three touchdown Genie parlay of uh Davante, Adam, Josh Allen and Pooka Akua and those three guys all didn't score a touchdown. I guess that's better than going two for three. Ye and so I mean Kyron Williams anytime touchdown plus one twenty five, That's what I'm going with. Okay, Kyron Williams Rams running back anytime touchdown, That's the one I'm going with. I also took an offer last week, a totals offer that also went over two. That was bad. I had under and Niner Seahawks. This Niners scored six points and the under did not come in. I had the over and Rams Ben actually that game, that game went to overtime and the over didn't come in. Stone Losers. I'm giving America really really rough week, to which I say, I'm not taking anybody stupid all. I'm not doing it. I don't want to hear it. I'm not taking it. I have no animation. I'm not doing it a reminder everybody like rate, subscribe, review, enjoy Championship weekend. Thank you to boost hard Rock Bet. Thank you to our great friends at the Volume and at Blue Dock. Talk to you guys soon. What's right,