Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it. Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started. Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 2: This is Kentuck Sports Radio, presented by Stockton Mortgage and the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. Safe summer driving tour. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 3: Welcome back number two Kentucky Sports Radio eight five nine two eight twenty two eighty seven. Text machine is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four about to go to the phone, but one person rites, Matt, that's why you all had to wear brown. It gets muddy, nobody knows.
Speaker 4: There you go, just the mike.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 6: It all comes full circle after trying on on though yesterday we should have gone darker brown for mud. I think these could get pretty dirty. We're pretty light.
Speaker 1: What kind of tan? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think they look good. Thank you looks good. But we need the weather too, and thank you to Logans for doing that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely hook us up.
Speaker 3: They have hooked us up. Go out and see the good folks there, uh Logans. One person writes, mad, I like to listen to you all while I'm fishing. I'm doing it right now. Who's the biggest fishermen of the group? Well, ain't me.
Speaker 1: I love to fish. I grew up fishing.
Speaker 3: Last time you fished?
Speaker 1: Well, my parents lived on a lake. D Like I said, be five years ago before they move. Well, I guess it was three years ago.
Speaker 6: Okay, Mario, you ever fished drew offishal a lot of growing up. It's been a while, Shannon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I used to fish when I was a kid.
Speaker 3: But we'll say ry it's the biggest fish.
Speaker 1: I love to fish. There's just something very therapeutic about sitting there and there on the bank, and I have a.
Speaker 3: Lot of people. There's a big dispute about whether it's the Dix River or Harrington Lake. I do think it's funny. Billy continued to say it's a Kentucky river. Everyone says that's false.
Speaker 4: He doesn't even know what.
Speaker 3: But it is either the Dix River or Harrington Like what are maps very clearly shows the Dix River if we believe Google Maps.
Speaker 1: I say, what is Lockridge Park put on their site? They probably have to say something overlooking the something I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if I'm nine to twenty two eighty seven. One person writes his Ryan planning on just winging his prayer or is he going to write it down?
Speaker 1: Good question. I'm definitely not writing it down on it, but I've got to have it in my head.
Speaker 3: You know, I lean towards you should No, I.
Speaker 1: Mean you know we we you and I We've spoken a lot frond a lot of different people.
Speaker 3: So you but praying, I will say even I am a public speaker who very rarely writes anything. Yeah, except maybe bullet points. I tend to add lib everything. Sure, praying to me? If I had to say a big prayer, I would probably write it down.
Speaker 1: See I've already got it in my head. I know what I want to say anyway.
Speaker 3: How long?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's gotta be short. It's just probably less than two minutes.
Speaker 4: Long though you no.
Speaker 3: I mean, don't go more than No, this is not a novel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, God's like enough already.
Speaker 3: Are you going to incorporate Billy and Marissa into the prayer?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, I think it's kind of a blessing of the marriage before the blessing of the meal. That's how I structure.
Speaker 3: So you're not doing a blessing of the meal, you're blessing them both. Yes, both food first or people first. I'm on people first, then food second.
Speaker 6: I guess the way to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I might go food first leading into people.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But the thing is we should mess with your brain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is you gotta asked for a reason.
Speaker 6: I think you think Billiya Marissa for bringing everyone. Then that opens the door for blessing them and their future, and then finished.
Speaker 1: With the I gave an example to Jennifer last night and can't share with you guys.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no no, this is a good one. We need to surprise Billy and Mariss.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm thinking about, the using blessed his food, blessed his meat. The heck with this? Could God, let's eat? I think that will work again.
Speaker 3: You should have listened to me.
Speaker 6: You forgot Billy Marissa yeah oh yeah, oh yeah, and Billy murriossas them to all right.
Speaker 3: A couple of days I would to go the phone. ESPN has announced they've they've flipped all around the football cruise our Saturday Night Tom Hart, Cole Kubrick, Jordan Rodgers. They've split them all like it.
Speaker 1: I don't like that at all.
Speaker 6: Normally this is something I would not care about. I was furious that they broke that team up. Why they're the best? I genuinely enjoy listening to them more than the a team that gets, you know, the Saturday night game on the Big Channel. Maybe it's because we know them a little bit and they've had a lot of Kentucky Games. But I just think they are great together.
Speaker 3: So they the SEC one, Well, who is the SEC one gonna be? So Tom Hart got a promotion, So Tom Hart will be with Roddy Jones and Quint Cascinach and then Jordan Rodgers out of promotion, he'll be with someone named Mike Monaco and Dana Boyle, and then Cole is on SEC Nick Cole is going to be on SEC games, but he's gonna be on one of the day games.
Speaker 1: If you give them both a promotion, why not promote them together. I don't understand why they're splitting this team.
Speaker 3: I don't really understand that either. Why not bring them all up as a girl exactly?
Speaker 1: Keep them together.
Speaker 3: So they've split them up, it looks like Tom. It's like Tom is gonna be on Well I can't tell. I don't know who does what. But the Saturday Night group is completely different. I think i'd only heard of one of the people on the Saturday Night group.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jordan goes to Fridays.
Speaker 3: Now, so Jordan's on Friday Nights. Yeah, okay, who that's usually like, that's usually an okay game, right, But I'm bumped now, I'm sure they probably look at it as Tom and Jordan, and Tom and Jordan at least they go from regional games to national games, so they'll be on ESPN. But still I feel like those Saturday night SEC games can be big games.
Speaker 1: That's usually the biggest game of the night is the SEC game?
Speaker 3: Well no, sometimes usually though there's an ABC game that's bigger, but it is, it is. We play in it a lot. Yeah, so it gave you that big.
Speaker 1: We do want to give a little shout out to Tommy just lost his mom, so little.
Speaker 3: People who don't know Tom Mart's mother died. The funeral was earlier this week, so I sent flowers on behalf of all of you.
Speaker 1: Very nice. Thank you for doing that.
Speaker 3: And then the top team is Fowler, Herb Street, Holly Row, then McDonough, Miceelroy, Katie George from Louisville huh, and then Joe, Tessa Tour, Jesse Palmer, Chris Budden. We will probably for our UK Alabama game we will have McDonough, Micelroy, and Katie George. So every time we play in that three point thirty ABC game, that's you will have them. And I think the noon game if we ever get new ABC. That's Tessitur and Jesse Palmer, and we've had both those guys quite a bit have and I think they're good calls. Joining Dave Neil a throwback, Oh Dave Neil?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Okay, uh so I broke up the best crew?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And then oh no, wait, Saturday Night is Matt Barry. That's the guy who I got his name wrong. That's the guy I thought was Randy Scott. Matt Barry, Chase Daniel, that's the former Missouri courter.
Speaker 6: He's good, he was podcasting before this. He's he's entertaining.
Speaker 3: Matt Barry, Chase Daniel. And then someone I've never heard of, Paul Kark Katerra not familiar. So they're they're taking over that air nice. So I mean Tom Hart, we got those games a lot. Probably what it looks like to me, Tom Hart's crew doesn't do a lot of SEC games. I think he may be moving to different You called it a promotion. Am I supposed to know who quent kissing it is? I think quit Cascenti's was a lacrosse players. Because he's going from the from SEC network to he'll either be on ESPN or ESPN two.
Speaker 1: Even the third guy that Tom Hart's with or who is that?
Speaker 3: That's Quin who's the color guy? Just said he was a lacrosse guy.
Speaker 1: Who's the color guy?
Speaker 3: Then John Jones you've heard him before. He's he's been around for a long time. We've had him once or twice I think over the OK. So there you go.
Speaker 6: Those guys were so fun. You could just tell they really liked each other too. And back in the day when they had their they kind of fell apart, but they'd run the Instagram account from their travels like they'd go karaoke and Tom got him those one time, like they were just a fun They're all three, They're all three really nice guys.
Speaker 3: So I was bummed to see that. I wish those of them who got the promotions, I wish him the best. Now, you remember we played the Phillies radio guy yesterday, Shannon. Yeah, he is going to be on Matt Myron today. He will be our celebrity guest picker.
Speaker 4: Better be carefully. He might take your job.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let him. He probably should. I've only done a week. He can probably get his lights to work. Star an update on his well, We're gonna ask him today. Okay, for forty forty Matt Myron, he will be our celebrity guest picker. We're doing to do one a week. He will be our first one.
Speaker 1: That's that's great because he's obviously a big story. He was everywhere. That story was everywhere for a couple of days. Have you heard any interviews with him?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 3: No, see I haven't either. I haven't heard him speak. I've seen people write about it, but I haven't heard him speak. So one day this will be a trivia question. Who was the first guest picker on? Our first guest was Jeff Passing? Yesterday? We were supposed to have Gary Payton stood us up?
Speaker 4: What is Gary up to?
Speaker 6: The original Gary Payton? Yeah, the glove, the glove stood us up. It's messed up.
Speaker 3: So I'm out on Gary Payton now. Sean Kemp would have never done that.
Speaker 6: Definitely would have done it.
Speaker 3: Tetl Lift was are you kidding? Should call? Yeah? Tat Liffe would have been there.
Speaker 1: I listened to your show yesterday, you admiring got a little testy there for a little bit. I forget what you're arguing about, but you you can't get a little tested with each get testy. Yeah, what was it? Mahomes?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, Wellhomes isn't good. And I'm like, stop stop trying to get us viral.
Speaker 1: He was trying to say, Mahomes is not inn even in the top five.
Speaker 3: He said, miss Mahomes is the fourth best quarterback. Yeah, and I was like, well what about And he's got Josh Allen one and he said winning matters to me. And I was like, Josh Allen's never won. Mahomes won three times and he was like.
Speaker 6: That's a bad takes. That's I have an update on the body of water. Okay, if we're to believe Billy's website, he wrote Harrington Lake. Google says Dix River, and the actual park website does not name the body of water anywhere.
Speaker 3: Quite a debate. Yeah, very hot. Who's next?
Speaker 4: Jackson?
Speaker 3: Jackson? Go ahead? Jackson?
Speaker 1: The first time?
Speaker 3: Long time? Who are? What's up? New car? You don't get a lot of We've been on so long it's rare to get a who are, so it makes me happy when it happens. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Oh, let's say you get either Mark Mitchell or Alex.
Speaker 6: Safari guarantee you for next season?
Speaker 7: Who you taking and why, and I'll hang out right.
Speaker 3: Question great, great question. I'm gonna take Mark Mitchell because I think one football player makes a difference, but unless it's the quarterback, it doesn't change the overall trajectory. Whereas Mark Mitchell could take this team from top twenty to top ten, I agree with your same logic. One player won't change as much. And Mitchell, you know I keep saying this team, while good, probably isn't great. Yead Mitchell, maybe you can start getting in that final four conversation. Have those about Alex Afari or the cooler kid. Oh, I would love to have Coler. I think he'd be a great So you take Cohler as well, Alexafari or Keishawn Hall.
Speaker 6: Pretty much gonna lean basketball every time on this one.
Speaker 3: Just I might take Alexafari over Keishaw Hall because I'm a little worried about adding him. It looks like we're not going to But I everything I've heard about that kid, Now if he comes here like I'm gonna act like he's the best player and I'm not, I'm gonna cheer him on. But everything I've heard about that kid is it's you know, he's not one anywhere.
Speaker 6: And he's been to four different colleges in four years. But he also was at a different high school every year. He's literally not stayed place he's had for eight years, like crazy.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm gonna lean towards But with Kohler and Mitchell, I would take the basketball.
Speaker 1: So I'm with you, guys, I lean basketball. Alexafari is a great player. He would be great for the team. But does it I mean, I'm gonna get more wins? I'm not sure, but but Mitchell is a basketball It's more wins. I think.
Speaker 3: I think Alexafari could get you half a win.
Speaker 1: And then how many wins can Mitchell help you get?
Speaker 3: I mean three?
Speaker 4: I'm going Mitchell play games in basketballnider.
Speaker 3: That I mean. I think that the big difference is Okay, let's say uk is the best version of itself football and adds Alex Afari.
Speaker 1: What's the peak eight and four basketball?
Speaker 3: Let's say Kentucky's the best version of yourself and you add Mitchell.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're a final four? Can do yeah?
Speaker 3: I think so, I mean, it's just the peak is higher. I think the difference between Alex Safari and not is maybe you win six instead of five, or seven instead of six, or five instead of four. Different than this is losing the second round again or Final four, or playing in a Leite eight with a chance to go to Final four.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the payoffould be much greater for the basketball had even I even might lean Kohler a little more. He's not as big of a name. But with the four, I'm still not sure if it's gonna be mc bride in Jah, how they'll look. I think he's just like guaranteed you're the four and fits in perfectly with Pope's offense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's next, Joseph, Joseph, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Joseph, Hey man, I appreciate you taking my call.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: What's going on behind you there? Best dogs?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's literally as soon as you picked up my dog with I don't know out of nowhere, I have a yeah fan in Europe. You were talking about Kentucky fans in Europe earlier this week. I lived in England for a number of years, and I lived there from like eight to twelve, and you talk about as a Kentucky fan, it's a pretty lonely existence. Like I remember Kentucky won the national championship. I was celebrating and no one knew what I was talking about. They didn't care. Yeah, and it was just like a.
Speaker 3: Well, now you want to know what June was like for me as a Carolina Hurricanes fan. I was running around and no one cared. Like it's that it does kind of stink. I mean, the communal nature of fandom is a huge part of what it means to be a fan, Joseph. I mean, like there's something about being able to share that experience with others, And you're right, it stinks when you can.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I just had a real quick football question on the s like a spectrum of one to ten, one being abject failure, ten being exceeded expectations beyond all dreams. What are you sort of like hoping for in a like, what is a successful run of the mill season look like for Kentucky this year?
Speaker 3: In what sport?
Speaker 7: Football? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Football football?
Speaker 3: For me, it's a massive success. If you go to a ball, yeah, for me, considering the schedule, yes, and considering the new stuff, it's a massive success. If you go to a ball, I'm not even gonna if you win five, you're gonna have to have beaten someone good. So I'm even gonna say that's not a failure four and you're like anything more than six, Like you're dancing in the streets.
Speaker 1: In my opinion.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm just curious what kind of what because we're so excited about will Stein and I think most coaches get a pass in their first year. I'm just curious what would make us feel like.
Speaker 3: I agree, I think they get a pass. I mean that's just for me. I appreciate the call. I mean I just look at that schedule and say, you know, show me the wins, like we're gonna be We're gonna be an underdog in every game except two, probably a betting line underdog. Now, maybe that'll change. Maybe one of these teams will end up not good by the time we play them. But if if if you did a preseason line, we are probably an underdog drew in every game except two.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you use the ESPN sp rankings, Yeah, there's like a formula can figure out spreads. We're like double digit underdogs in most games in the SEC. But next day you said that could shake out. We can get to the end of the year. In Missouri Vandy teams like the Surrey.
Speaker 3: Bandy might not be good. Who knows about the whole So yeah, we'll take a break, be right back. Okay you sorry, welcome back. Take you Sports radio text machine seven seven two seven to seven four five two five four. When person rights, mad, I really enjoyed Mario's ox cord day. Should we do it for all of the rest of you all too? One day? Great idea. Yeah, that's a good idea. I mean, Drew's add a lot of next week here here, Monday. You want to take him Monday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll make a little note here to do it, and then.
Speaker 3: Me and Ryan and Shannon can do a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Okay, No, I like it. That's it adds a little diversity to it. I mean, I love Shannon's because he keeps it on the topic. But then we can just do Shannon wants to play the songs he likes, right.
Speaker 4: All right, yeah, yeah, yeah, let's do it looking.
Speaker 3: Forward, right, So Drew, you send Shannon yours for a Monday, One person writes. Matt Mitch McConnell released from the hospital. Barry Manilow did his concert in Cincinnati, thoughts Well, first of all, Ryan Lemon's report not so fast. But he did his concert. Yeah, you were implying he might be dead.
Speaker 1: No, I did not imply that. I didn't imply that.
Speaker 4: What did you say? Can he say what he did say?
Speaker 1: That's a medical situation.
Speaker 3: But he was like apparently on stage dancing, and well.
Speaker 1: Haven't you felt bad one day and then feel better the next after you get some metas medication.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I I was here. I remember the implication in your voice. It wasn't like he had the sniffles. No, Shannon, am I the.
Speaker 4: Only one you say like he was rushed to the hospital. What were you rushed? Did you say that or what you did say rush?
Speaker 1: I don't remember how I used that on or not.
Speaker 6: Could say a lot about our healthcare and Lexington that they were so quick to get your.
Speaker 1: UK hospital shout out quickly and did a concert in Cincinnati last night. Okay, there you go.
Speaker 4: Prop him up there at the COPA hung over.
Speaker 6: Sometimes guys just stay out too late in the City's there, that's what it was.
Speaker 3: Went to Bell's.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's what it was. He was hanging out with Mario at Bell's.
Speaker 3: And what about Mitch McConnell, uh said, he's he's he's at home.
Speaker 6: Still no pictures. I'd go to there without anyone noticing. Oh, I don't think somebody everything about him is Let me ask you, do you think we'll ever see him again? So he's gotten till January to be in this office. Will we see him him again?
Speaker 3: Not like a picture with a lane standing next to me, but like when we see him add in the Senate doing something between now in January.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna lean no. I think I said yes when we were doing this a few weeks ago, but it's gone on too long. We still haven't even seen a clip of him speaking. It's just been they say he's voting by proxy. You think that should be allowed? I think you need to.
Speaker 1: Prove that you're Yeah, there's no proof that actually is your vote, your voter is.
Speaker 3: You can only do it for committees. He can't do it for like actual so like once it gets to the floor, you have to be there. But for committees. He apparently is now being allowed to like call in and go yeah it's me that sound like oh yes, oh Mark Jonesy's radio. Wow are you feel? But how are you feeling? How come we haven't heard from you in public?
Speaker 1: I haven't got my hair cutting about a month.
Speaker 3: Oh way good, Well again, hope he recovers. But it is odd that he leaves the facility and goes to his house. But there's no pictures.
Speaker 6: No one was like, oh, there's miss McConnell on the way out. I should take a picture of this. Maybe even a video.
Speaker 3: I mean, we may hear like he's on one of Elon Musk's rockets to I mean, have you ever like no one has ever been have you ever seen a scenario where it's been more mysterious? I mean, I guess that one guy in New Jersey disappeared for like three months. Yeah, remember when that senator from was that the governor or senator from South Carolina who went hiking he said, on the Appalachian Trail and it.
Speaker 1: Turned Do you remember this story?
Speaker 3: Remember this story there was this would be a good Netflix documentary. It was a guy named Mark Sanford and he was either the governor maybe he was I think he was the governor actually of South Carolina and he just disappeared for like a month and everybody was like, where is the governor? And he is his office is he's gone hiking on the Appalachian Trail And it turns out he was in Argentina with his mistres.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, do you remember that?
Speaker 6: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that story.
Speaker 3: That would be a good Netflix it would be so that became like a thing where you say, what have you been doing? I've been hiking the you know, well, good luck to Mitch.
Speaker 1: Part of this Mitch story is very sad. You know, he's obviously an older gentleman, and he's had some medical issues, some health issues.
Speaker 3: It okay, there are two different parts of the story. It is sad that anyone would have a medical issue. Correct, We all should pray for him as a human being to survive and be healthy.
Speaker 1: Correct, there's a But the second part.
Speaker 3: Of it is he is in a public office, and know, you shouldn't be able to just hide. If he can't do the job, he should resign and someone else. Those are two different questions, right, totally. There's the human question and then there's the office question. Correct, And I feel like it gets conflated. So people who think he should resign then almost wish him bad health, which is not fair. But also people who are saying they wanted to be good health seem to get mad if you suggest he shouldn't be in the office.
Speaker 1: They're two different questions.
Speaker 3: Yes, they are right, right, and he's been out since May.
Speaker 1: If he doesn't go to January.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: Use the example of this hip bill, the college sports bill.
Speaker 3: You don't think people in Kentucky have strong opinions about him for college sports big one of our two senators is just not able to do anything on it. That's wrong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm big on even when we're talking about the guy in New Jersey disappeared, Like after a week.
Speaker 3: We need to know what's up, a plan for how you're gonna come back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe you don't have to come back in a week, but you need to be open about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: TJ.
Speaker 3: Smith, personal injury attorney, called TJ.
Speaker 1: He'll make them pay.
Speaker 2: Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio present it by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 4: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 3: Well done, Shaan, thank you. See sometimes it's just it's the subtle stuff that like I'm like Ryan, I won't just explain it.
Speaker 1: I didn't even get it off that way. Good.
Speaker 3: That's that's when it's good. If not everyone, yeah, if not everyone gets it, by the way, I love you all to the audience. I love all of you, even the ones that are angry and mean. But but when your reaction to a set mine isad I like this impersonation, just like, I mean, like, come on, you just be a critical thinker. It's okay, Like, okay, so you hate Joe Biden. Can we move on? And now can we talk about what's happening now? By the way, I find to Hunter Biden sort of bizarrely interesting. Now he's only a media tour. He goes on everything. He's he was on a cooking showing. I think he was, yeah, like he just I think he just agrees to talk to anyone. I bet he'd come on here if somebody knew his number came on. Yeah, I mean, he goes on everything, but his I mean, his story is fascinating.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know how much you've read about. Like he said, I'll just give you one of the he was on barstool. He said, well, his dad was vice president. His dad and his family had an intervention with him. They told him to come to this house. And they were all sitting there, including like the Secret Service was sitting outside. Wow, And they said you have to go to rehab. So they take him to this. He agrees they take him to this rehab, but I guess the rule at this rehab is they can't bring you in. You have to make the decision to walk through the gates, so you have to drop them off. And he tells the story about how the whole family, including the Vice president, everyone drops him off at the gates and by rule, they have to drive away and he has to walk through the gates and he wasted. They leave, calls an Uber, goes to Los Angeles with the intention to kill himself.
Speaker 6: I didn't see that party.
Speaker 1: It's crazy story dark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does it with that Jersey Jerry guy because Jersey Jerry has a dad, which I didn't know. And they're talking about that pretty dark, right, very dark. But can you imagine like the secret Service everybody and everybody leaves and the wasteiler gone, and he calls an newbern. That's how you know addiction is like, I mean, everybody listening to somebody in their life, right that's had that.
Speaker 6: That's the biggest sound of not wanting help. When they have taken you to the front door.
Speaker 3: Vice president took you and you're like, nope, to a very nice place. I assume yeah, I assume it would not. It's just not just on the side of the road somewhere. But anyway, who's next year?
Speaker 4: Sydy get done?
Speaker 3: Sendy get done? How are you.
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 3: I got doing?
Speaker 8: So two questions. First, are you there? Hey?
Speaker 6: Is it Brian?
Speaker 8: He's got oh, for sure, every day and twice on Fridays. But getting back to mock Goritch Park, right, So it's kind of like a trick question because it's from here to lake. So the lake is deep, like two hundred foot deep, but it runs into Dick's River, which Lockwrioch Park oversees. It's only about like ten foot deep. You see where the lake turns into a river. Okay, don't understand that. And then the second part matters for you is can you explain the equal opportunity for candidates and people on the radio? Because I know we're about to get into this and yeah, it's not really.
Speaker 3: It's not really a thing anymore. So that used to be the law that you had to give people equal opportunity. The Supreme Court a few years back said that that's against like against the Constitution, but really, stations still do it to kind of not look bad, so to give me example, if Sean Hannity has on Andy Barr, he does not have to have on Charles Booker. But they used to be the case, right, it did used to be the case for public, but that is no longer the case. So I think people will think that's a rule.
Speaker 1: And you know who actually got that rule to go away was rush Limbo.
Speaker 3: Was rush Limbo. Rush Limbaugh was on all these stations and other people were saying, hey, why don't you put us on? And rush Limbaugh said, I should be able to be on in other people and they said yes, huh. So that so that really doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 9: Wow, there's great for Clarinet.
Speaker 8: That for me, I greatly appreciate it. And you know, it takes three months to make a clone. I don't know what that means from Mitch mcconne. If he comes back in three months, it's a clone.
Speaker 3: Okay, I appreciate to go. I think that's I don't know what that means. You see the Triple Crown might be in danger in horse races.
Speaker 1: I did see that. Yes, so they're gonna eliminate the is it the preaknister Town.
Speaker 3: No, So the Churchill Downs signed a deal with the Belmont and like four other races to create a six race series for three year old that goes through the whole year and the winner gets like six million dollars. Wow, But it didn't include the previous right, took it out. Took it out. And so the theory is that they think horses might just not go to the Preakness now, no matter what that would be. I hope they work it out. That would be a shame. Yeah, they moved the Preakness back a week. Did you see that? Yes, and they and the Preakness is like, we hope the Belmont will move back a week, huh, But the Belmont's saying, we're not moving back a week.
Speaker 1: And then they just redo Pimlicoal like they got his new track and moved it back a week. Doing everything they can to stay really, so.
Speaker 3: It feels like to me, Churchill, Downs and the Belmont are being greedy. They're trying to keep everything to themselves. But history, I mean, the Triple Crowns, like the oldest is it the oldest sporting event we have in America? What's older?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's well pasted one hundred at this I mean.
Speaker 3: The Derby and the Preakness are like the two oldest sporting events, aren't they Derby didn't We just have a yeah, and the prenance is not We're behind amazing. And the idea that you would just scrap that, I just think that's I think that's selfish.
Speaker 1: Do you Yeah, that's all you know, just for the money.
Speaker 3: Don't want to move back. They finally do, finally did. And now the Belmont's going, well, we're not moving back. And oh, by the way, we're gonna give this huge bonus and an angle and.
Speaker 1: We're going to bump you out.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: People have been complaining a while about the Triple Crown format. They've had time to fix it. Looks like in waiting so long to get anything that's different, they're gonna church.
Speaker 3: Hill from what we see, unless somebody can tell me otherwise. It looks to me like Churchill in Belmont, in the New York and racing this. They're being selfish. They're creating a series that would be a perfect series if you would just throw in the breakness.
Speaker 1: Yes, why not just leave it? Leave it as it is?
Speaker 3: But they're not gonna do it. Who's next, Chris, Chris, go ahead, Chris.
Speaker 9: And man I just want to talk about that. I'm super confident that we beat Alabama at home week two. I mean, yeah, look what happened last year against Florida State. I mean they overlooked them, and we're always pretty strong we two, especially a couple of years ago, we should have beat Georgia. I think I think Alabama was Kentucky. I think we could win that one for sure.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope you're right. I appreciate the call. I mean it would be I was gonna ask this the other day. Where would an Alabama Week two win rank in UK football wins in history? Let's just not worrying about what happens after it. Where does an Alabama win rank in the annals of UK regular season football wins? Let's just since you know a lot of us don't remember, let's just say since nineteen eighty in.
Speaker 1: Will Stein's second game, just Alabama at home?
Speaker 3: What would be bigger regular season wins than that?
Speaker 1: When we beat number one LSU at home?
Speaker 3: So that would be it's the only one. I definitely put it back there. I agree with that. I think that one's bigger.
Speaker 1: I think you can make a case for Louisville that year Louisville and it didn't end up good, but in that moment, yes, in that moment.
Speaker 3: In that moment, it felt huge.
Speaker 6: I put it ahead of that. And I hate Louisville. Okay, well, just because we play them so much, we've gotten them plenty of times. We still lead the series Alabama. We only have the one win, ever.
Speaker 1: And that that's all I'll say. When Couching Yeast beat them, Alabama ended up being not very good that year, that was still at the moment of streak.
Speaker 4: I think winning that game was big too.
Speaker 3: That's a big yeah. Yeah, breaking the Florida streak is a huge one. I would probably I would probably put the LSU and the Florida Street Game ahead because the Florida Street Game just weighed on us. Sure, and honestly, the Tennessee Streak game, yep, which is a joker Phillips win with Matt Roark, But.
Speaker 6: I think you got to put a lot of weight in it. Being will Stein's first real game. That even makes it even bigger because you're talking about starting an arrow by beating Alabama in your first No disrespect to Youngstown's state.
Speaker 3: Was there anything from the eighties, Was there any regular season win from the eighties. Did they beat.
Speaker 1: Penn State or something during that was in the seventies.
Speaker 3: That was in the seventies. Do you think of anything in the eighties. Did we have any win in the eighties that.
Speaker 1: Didn't have They had a Bowl wind, didn't they like eighty four eighty five?
Speaker 3: Well, that's but that's postseason. Can you think of any regular season.
Speaker 1: Off the top of my head? Need Faddy to help.
Speaker 3: What about nineties?
Speaker 1: Well the couch the East Leant.
Speaker 3: This one might be bigger than that one because Alabama wasn't even supposed to be good that year. They also ended up not being good.
Speaker 1: But you know, we hadn't played I hadn't beaten them in a long time, sixty years, that's true.
Speaker 3: But yes, but how Mummy's first year though it was like his second or third second year. That's definitely on the list. Anything else from the nineties.
Speaker 1: Not that not gonna pass beating Alabama at.
Speaker 3: Home, okay, Rich Brooks era.
Speaker 1: Well, the l s U game, then the Louisville game.
Speaker 3: All right, and then we mentioned Joker and then Stoope's era.
Speaker 1: You know, beating Steve Spurrier was a big deal.
Speaker 3: I see, I think though this is bigger. Yeah, because that was Spurrier at the down side of his career.
Speaker 6: Huh, I've got it at too behind LSU.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I would go three because I would include Shannon's Florida. I just think that was that was such a weight all far and we won down there.
Speaker 1: It beat us what it was twenty seven years in a row whatever it was.
Speaker 6: Thirty three Louisvale with Lamar in the head of it. But it's in the conference conversation.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree with conversation.
Speaker 3: I think it's the second biggest Louisville win of all time. I still think the Stevie Got Loose game.
Speaker 1: Just everything like we said though, just being will Stein's first SEC game, first year, big home game for him to get Alabam. I'm a SEC nation will be there be a lot of spotlight on that game. If he's able to pull it off, that's definitely weighs a lot.
Speaker 3: Seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. If you have one that you would put ahead of it, tell me about Stocking.
Speaker 1: Mort Oh, I'm glad you asked, because I've got the script pulled up here. So here's my phone. Clink gets back on Okay, are you ready?
Speaker 3: The America's Cup Yacht race is older, by the way. Okay, started in eighteen They had yachts in eighteen fifty. Way we raced Australians in eighteen five had to take us a year.
Speaker 6: To get there their old wooden ships.
Speaker 3: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: You know summer flies by, but your rent payments don't. If you're wondering whether home ownership could be closer than you think, Stockton Mortgage is here to help you explore your options. You know your home's equity has been working all this time, so every time to put it to work for you. Doctor Mortgage can help you explore your options by going to Stockton dot com. That's Stockton dot com, MLS eight two five nine, equahasy Leiner MLS recess dot Org.
Speaker 3: Back to you, Matthew, We'll take a break. Bery backs KSR Warker back take you sports radio. Draft Kings getting you ready for the weekend. About five dollars. You can win up to one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets until the NFL season starts. Go to DraftKings dot com. Promo code KSR play responsibly. People have asked us to do DraftKings over under wedding length from the moments the ceremony starts until it ends. For Billy's wedding, I'm going to set it at thirty five and a half minutes.
Speaker 4: I've already looked at the itinerary, which because you may.
Speaker 3: Have some inside the dollars, I don't say it. I mean that'll just help you over under. I will start the clock from the moment that the bridle part, like the parties walk in, and I'm actually said it as thirty seven and a half.
Speaker 6: If it's just the parties, that add some times sometimes you gonna wait on the bride a little bit.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I'm doing. I'm setting it at thirty seven and a half minutes from when the first part of the bridle party walks down until they kiss the bride.
Speaker 6: I was gonna go under, but if we're starting with the groomsmen walking out, I'll go over.
Speaker 1: Okay, over under, saying I'm going over because you know they're each doing their own valves. I mean, there's a lot involved in this wedding, so I'm going over.
Speaker 3: They might not have much to say.
Speaker 1: We are talking about Billy, all.
Speaker 3: Right, you know, it's a good point. Let's make it forty.
Speaker 6: Still going over, I am I'm gonna go yeah, because there there could be ten minutes before you see the bride. Yeah, if it's bride walking up and bride leaving, I'm going under. But there could be you're gonna go over.
Speaker 4: I'm going under on this one. I'll be the one that goes under.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go under too, Okay, Mario, break the tie under over under.
Speaker 6: So I'm considering. Remember the additional element.
Speaker 3: We're just saying, but it's from we'd be a lot of I'm just saying from the moment they come from the from the first walking out. My clock will start until the bride is kissed.
Speaker 4: And I've asked to keep it, keep it, you know, keep it short.
Speaker 1: For all it's a long ceremony.
Speaker 3: It is now.
Speaker 1: I'm picking.
Speaker 3: I'm setting the line knowing it's probably gonna be a little longer than most ceremonies. But I would say most ceremonies are done way under.
Speaker 4: Have you ever been to a Catholic wedding.
Speaker 3: Well, now that's different. They go for like most hours. In a Jewish wedding they go for like months. But this isn't Catholic, right, No, this is.
Speaker 4: Normal okay, And I said, you know this is our big day too, so you know, get to.
Speaker 1: The point to the house.
Speaker 4: Yes, don't drag this out for all it this is our day to not just.
Speaker 3: Your in my fellowship. The moderators would when they thought people were going long and talking, you know what, they would say, find the period. I like that. I like that, which is a nice way of saying, shut up, find the period. Find the period. Who's next? Will? Will go ahead? Will?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 5: Man? I'm not arguing the the Rush Limbaugh side of the of the equal opportunity exposure, but I remember there was a lot of controversy when role Reagan was running on TV shows, I mean, his movies being on and the other side not getting the equal amount of exposure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that might have been a bigger deal back then because there were only three channels, right, So when there's only three channels, I think the argument for equal time made more sense. Look, there's only so much on TV if you don't give both people the chance. But nowadays there's so many different ways for people to get entertainment cable, internet, broadcast, streaming, phone, YouTube, that I think that argument just doesn't hold up as well. Does that make sense?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? And like I said, I know Russe Limbad did a lot as far as you know, monopolizing those timeframes. But I just remember were I just from my first recollection was the Ronald Reagan U and that was.
Speaker 3: The rule back then. I appreciate the call. The rule changed, I want to say, sometime in the late nineties or early two thousands, but that that rule did exist, like the call he's not making it up. That was a thing at one point, but I think at some point it got challenged and at some point I believe it got struck down.
Speaker 1: I kind of remember that, like there was a push to show a lot of Ronald Reagan movies when he was running.
Speaker 3: But you know, I mean one of the things you would say is okay, Rustling Ball was on because people listened. Yeah, right, Like that's you know, be better, right, you want you want other Kentucky shows, make one better than ours. The problem is people try them and they're not as good, and so that's the way it goes. So I mean Ronald Reagan movies, you know why they're probably on because they were more interesting than a Jimmy Carter movie. So I mean, that's that's just how it is, like people go to what they enjoy.
Speaker 1: I would have watched a Billy Carter movie. I think he's a little more brother the brother. Yeah, he yet he's on beer, Billy beer.
Speaker 3: Before we let you go. Jonah Hill, the actor, he said that he's trained in jiu jitsu, and he said he walks down the street and he sees people and they look at him like they can beat him up. But he wants people to know he could beat up ninety eight percent of people on the street. Do you believe that?
Speaker 5: Shit?
Speaker 1: No, he's not fat Jonah Hill anymore. He's like to swim down right.
Speaker 6: And let's just assume he's trained. They still he's a rich guy who took jiu jitsu is now saying that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Also, there's a lot of rules in jiu jitsu you gotta follow if you're in a street fight. They don't care about.
Speaker 3: Your If I were him, I would never say that because there's gonna be people who come up to him and you think you can beat.
Speaker 4: Men, challenge, you're going to challenge exactly.
Speaker 6: He's the fat guy that they got skinny and took a few classes.
Speaker 1: He doesn't like.
Speaker 3: He doesn't like that people still remember him as the fat guy from super Bad. He even said when people say that, I think about punching them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's he's very offended by that. But as someone who likes Jonah Hill, you are the fat guy from super Bad.
Speaker 3: That's why everyone likes you. That's started your like you because you're the fat guy from super Bad and Wolf of wall Street and the movie all that stuff.
Speaker 1: That's why they like it.
Speaker 6: I'm not interested in skinny.
Speaker 3: You do something serious. I mean, Chris Farley rest in peace. That's what we knew him for.
Speaker 1: Absolutely so.
Speaker 3: But he gets defensive when people bring that up. But Jonah Hills, like ninety eight percent of people on the street, I can beat up. I just I think that's a poor sentence.
Speaker 6: Hammer on that.
Speaker 3: That's right. Hey, everybody, have a great weekend. We will tell you how things go Saturday. Enjoy it. This is Kentucky Sports Radio.