Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here, and we here at breaking points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff, give you, guys, the best independent coverage.
Speaker 3: That is possible.
Speaker 2: If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support. But enough with that, Let's get to the show. Let's go now to Mark Cuban to Lena Khan. There's been a great war. We talked about this previously where there had been efforts by Reid Hoffman, the Democratic mega donor billionaire, to oust Lena Khan on television. She is the FTC chair under President Biden and has been very aggressive on antitrust, specifically in Silicon Valley. Well, now, Mark Cuban, who has really emerged as a major kamalas surriat let's put this up there on the screen, has come out in a recent Semaphore event to say, quote, if it were me, I wouldn't asked if she should keep Lena Khan as FTC chair.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 2: By trying to break up the biggest tech companies, you risk our ability to be the best in artificial intelligence. This fits with a general strategy by Cuban to not only serve as a surrogate, but to do so for a very specific purpose, in that he wants to be the head of the SEC under Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: Let's take a lesson.
Speaker 4: But I asked you, Mark, whether you would entertain being a Treasury secret or Commerce secretary in a.
Speaker 3: Harrison, head of the SEC, head of the SEC.
Speaker 5: That's the job I would take.
Speaker 3: That is a man who knows exactly what he wants.
Speaker 2: Because Kavudo is like, hey, are you going to be the Commerce secretary? He's like head of the SEC, head of the SEC. He knows exactly which one he's going for. This is though, and it will be an interesting fight if Kamala does win. So we had Senator Bernie Sanders come out. Let's put this on the screen. He says, Mark Cuban is wrong. Lena Khan is the best FDC chair in history. By taking on corporate greed and illegal monopolies, Lena is doing an exceptional job preventing large corporations from ripping off consumers and exploiting workers.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Lena for what you are doing.
Speaker 2: This is also interesting because I saw David Serota making this point. It is now that the Republican vice presidential candidate, Jade Vance has had better things to say about Lena Kahn publicly, at least publicly than Kamala Harris herself, who clearly has a disparate like billionaire coalition at the top, which is very broken up about how exactly she should govern, how she should have policy proposals and all that.
Speaker 3: And I think this will be a flagship test for her. I'm not sure which way to'll go if I had to bet. I think Cuban's going to wait, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: In the specific job that he's angling for head of the SEC that's the Securities Exchange Commission. Gary Gensler is the head of the SEC right now. And you know, the Mark Cuban billionaire types of the world, they not only hate Lena Khan also hate Gensler, and specifically they hate Gensler because he has been hard on crypto. He's been I mean, he's just like applying the laws to crypto, and so a lot of the you know a lot of people in the tech billionaire world, they are really adversarial towards Gary Gensler too, so Mark Cuban signaling he would be you know, friendly in a lot of regards if he was there as head of the SEC. And you know, it's one thing if you were like, oh, this guy's just out there freelancing like a billionaire, just like saying I hate these you know, attacks on corporate power.
Speaker 5: But he is.
Speaker 1: He is an official Kamala Harris surrogate, and he has made it clear in the past when he was criticizing the approach of the SEC, which is, you know, their approach is just literally actually enforcing the law. He was critical of that and he was asked, effectively like are you saying this or is the campaign saying this?
Speaker 5: And he was like, the campaign told me.
Speaker 1: She's told me to say these things, so you know, it's yeah, it's it sucks because the best hope for Kama from my perspective, would be that she would be more like Obama on foreign policy a little you know that he had the Iranian nuclear deal, he was a little bit more adversarial towards Israel. Not over stated in the case, but he was certainly better than Joe Biden, and that she would be more like Biden on domestic policy, where the FTC, the anti trust stuff, the labor stuff. The I think she labor seems like she'll be, you know, more or less where Biden was on labor as best as.
Speaker 5: We can tell.
Speaker 1: But the sec you know, skeptical approach to crypto that she would carry over those pieces. And you know, at this point you just have to say that in the cases are very worrying that she'll revert to the Obama era, very Wall Street cozy type of relationship towards Wall Street and Silicon Valley. It makes sense in certain regards since Kamala Harris was Attorney General of California during the time when a bunch of these tech companies were rising to be the monopolistic behemoths that they are right now, and she, you know, she did not scrutinize them whatsoever. A lot of her donor base came from that world, et cetera, et cetera. And so you know, on the one hand, yes, the Biden Harris administration has actually been really good on these things. In fact, we could put up D five. The Justice Department under Biden Harris is now considering asking a federal judge to actually break up Google and sell off parts of its business. So they have been certainly the most skeptical and the most tough on these you know, giant tech monopolies, and a lot of other monopolies as well, have have really tried to re establish antitrust regulation and enforcement and look at these anti competitive practices that giant companies like Google have, you know, have pursued. But but she seems so enamored with this, like I'm going to appeal to Republicans and I'm gonna, you know, appeal to Wall Street strategy that I think there's a real risk that she does not follow through on, you know, the positive Biden direction that we've seen on these things. I would be remissified and point out like, obviously Trump's biggest backer is Elon Musk, who's one of the richest people on the planet and is himself now at tech oligarch et cetera, et cetera. So you know, I don't want to make it seem like, oh, the Republicans will be better on big tech. The evidence is the Biden Harris administration has been better and more skeptical of corporate power, more skeptical of tech in general. Then the Trump administration was, But just from a you know, policy perspective, I think it's a real shame that she appears to be reluctant to let down the Mark Cubans of the world, thinks that this is like the best political direction for her to go in trying to cater to these you know, Wall Street executives and billionaires. And I don't know if it will matter in terms of the election, but I saw some opining from like Matt Iglesias and the like that, you know, there weren't really any political rewards for being more aggressive on anti trust enforcement. So the reason to jodahs because it's a good policy, not because it works out to be good politics. But I sort of disagree with that because if you look at the polling of Kamala Harris and even of Joe Biden, to certain extending that is very unpopular. She consistently performs better on is going to represent the interest of the middle class, and you know, consistently performs better on questions of who's going to represent the wealthy and who's going to represent the average American?
Speaker 5: And you know, do I think that.
Speaker 1: People are really immersed in the details of what Lena Khan's doing at the FTC, et cetera, et cetera. No, but some of this breaks through. Some of this gives a sense of Okay, they've been you know, they've been fighting in these key regards, whether it's going after junk fees or trying to make it easier to file your taxes, or going after some of these big concentrations of power. Some of that does break through. And so to just dismiss those numbers of where she is performing better than Trump on who's going to represent your interest over the interest of the wealthy, I think is also to be very selective in your analysis of the politics of this.
Speaker 3: I just don't know.
Speaker 2: I really don't know this whole deliverism theory and all of that. I mean, yeah, it's like about how many voters out there who are even thinking about middle class think about the FDC. Now, I only scenario says toally wrong. They're going to feel it regardless of the policy or not. But are they paying attention. Evidence is probably not, so I think she might be able to get away with it if she does win under the Trump administration.
Speaker 3: It's an open.
Speaker 2: Question, Like I said, because of JD's previous comments, on Lena Khan and which direction that they will decide to go under their DOJ and their FTC. It really honestly depends on which donor or whatever. So we'll see. It's one of those where the actual question of it is more important at a policy level than necessarily like political. This is actually I mean again, it's like all I was talking about this yesterday on the Johnny Mitchell Show, By the Way to Connect, we were talking about economic policy and all that. Unless you're very wealthy, you don't really have any specific economic things to point to.
Speaker 3: I've been thinking about this.
Speaker 2: What do you mean rich people know exactly what they want from the tax code.
Speaker 3: Salt, that's it, salt.
Speaker 2: If you're a small business owner yah tcja QBI, you're like, you know exactly what you need to low or attacks by X, Y and Z.
Speaker 3: Most people.
Speaker 2: If you're a W two income person and you make less than four hundred thousand dollars a year, which is ninety something percent of the country, both of these candidates say they will not increase your marginal tax rate. So you have nothing specific that you can point to. Maybe if you work in the solar industry, you can be like, yeah, it's tax credit, or if you work in oil and gas, you can be like, Okay, I want some stuffsdy or whatever.
Speaker 3: Eventually that will filter down to me.
Speaker 2: But something I've realized in like this FTC and all that is that it is a hyper elite conversation because most people don't make money, or make enough money, or make money in the ways to be affected by this macro condition. A lot of it is just a totally elite conversation because I mean and correctly, people should not know about salt or any of these other things because you know, it doesn't affect your everyday life unless you're what three hundred K four un k or whatever household. By the way, I understand, there is one coreal I want to make the salt thing. Yeah, that some Californians have pointed out to me. If you did buy your house in n it te eighties, like a lot of boomers, and then it massively increased, the property tax bill has now become so high that the reduction of salt actually did negatively impact them. So that might be the one case where I am sympathetic on salt.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it because now you're paying a shit ton of property tax in the state of California, and that's no longer deductible from your overall federal tax burden. Again, the data does tell us that it's massively beneficial to make over one million.
Speaker 5: No, it's almost exclusively a tax.
Speaker 3: Menal over ninety percent.
Speaker 1: That's why you're like, oh, I don't know how Trumble got like I do.
Speaker 5: I mean we've already seen.
Speaker 3: Well we don't.
Speaker 2: That's not fair because he's not back in office like he says, but I'm going to have different people who are in power.
Speaker 3: Well, see all that works out. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: But think about this, think about this. Okay, what are the issues that he's flipped on?
Speaker 2: Okay, by the way, so don't don't don't erase what happened to the Wall Street Journal yesterday, which is that expats will no longer be double taxed coming through for this, Will someone think of rich Americans?
Speaker 5: That's right, and somebody please think of these things.
Speaker 1: That's you know, that's really going to feel the deal for him in terms of his election.
Speaker 3: There's four million of them and they can vote.
Speaker 1: So you've got you know, you've got his assault flip flop You've got him shifting on crypto. You've got him, you know, going to the oil and gas industry like I will do whatever you want. That's not real flip flop. You've got him promising rich people, billionaires that hey, back me because I'm going to do the tc JA that we know for sure he's going to do. And we see who has been honestly most empowered in his campaign, and that's Elon Musk, who is one of the biggest UH union busters in the country. Elon Musk is right now going to the Supreme Court to try to argue that the National Labor Relations Board is literally unconstitutional, and that is Donald Trump's probably biggest backer, certainly most influential backer. So no, I mean, I'm clear eyed about where Kabla Harris stands vis these issues and the hints that her campaign is giving out and also the notable silence that she won't say what she'll do on Lena. But I think we also have to be clear right about Donald Trump is made it manifestly evident who you know he is catering to in his campaign and with cater to in office, which is the same group that he cater to in.
Speaker 2: All whether he I don't disagree with anything he said on the campaign. I'm saying with governance. What I do know is that with chaos comes potential opportunity. Will you get one hundred percent of like all the things that you just said, Probably not. But the one thing that I could point to is that with Trump and his whole like I've made a huge mistake last time not hiring enough loyalists, is that some of these loyalists have very different views on the economics than Gary Kohane or Jared Kushner the last time around. Will those people have any empowerment in the administration, It's totally open question. So yeah, I think it's one of those where in general, I think you're probably right in terms of the way that it will go. But you know, we shouldn't also forget with the Republican Congress. You know, Trump may be pro salt, but that doesn't mean that Republicans are going to bring some salt back. Republicans love punishing blue states, and none of their constituents are the ones who have to pay for it. So it's little things like that where there are major fights to happen.
Speaker 3: All the TCJ.
Speaker 1: The fact that you've had a surge in Republican support in New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, that'd be in the House.
Speaker 5: That to be in the Senate, right, but you brought up the House.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I was talking about the Senate. I'm saying in this I mean that's where DJ.
Speaker 1: But that's where like you know, that's why there's been the Salt Caucus on the Democratic side is because New York and New Jersey you've had genuine Republican surge. Again, Democrats are going to win New York overall, but you have a general genuine Republican surge, especially like Long Island in some of these areas, and so those are like the frontline Republicans swing district Republicans now, which gives them disproportionate power. So no, it would not surprise me to see them be you could pull off the sult thing, especially because you would have some Democrats to go along.
Speaker 2: But what if we had d House, our Senate, our Congress. That would be interesting because it's like, well, then you know if it does have to pass, look something that is going to go through.
Speaker 3: That's another thing. Not enough people talk about this.
Speaker 2: Again because most people don't know enough about tax policy. The greatest most tit t fight will take place in twenty twenty five the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Whenever it expires, there is no world where business will just let it flat fall flat impossible. There's way too much money that is on the line because otherwise everything just reverts back to it. So how that all goes, you know, we should just prepare our audience.
Speaker 3: That will be the most.
Speaker 2: Important economic time in frankly a decade since that past, because they'll probably re extend it for another eight years and that will govern the tax regime of AI, of crypto, of steel, unions of solar, like everything for what the future looks like, income tax, et cetera. It's going to be it's going to be a crazy fight. I'm actually kind of excited for it.
Speaker 1: We talk about polls, all right, So we continue to await Israel's retaliation against Iran. We know that Bibi Netna, who spoke to Joe Biden. We don't know much about the details of that conversation at this point, or even if it matters, given that Joe Biden barely exists at this point, but we did get some indications from Defense Secretary of Israel Yoev goalant, we can put this up on the screen of what the attack will look like. This is what he's threatening. He says, Israel's coming attack on Iran will be deadly precise and especially surprising. They will not know what happened and how it happened. They will see the results. So that's what we.
Speaker 5: Know thus far. Ryan and Emily covered.
Speaker 1: But I just want to reiterate because it's so important that we have learned some of the most deeply disturbing things you possibly could about the US posture viz a VI, both the attacks on Lebanon and the forthcoming attacks on Iran. First of all, we had reports that, you know, some of the people were actually running midst Middle East policy, like Brett McGirk effectively greenlit the Israeli invasion into Lebanon. You now have bb threatening, Hey, we're going to turn which they have been all along, but these are now that they have actually invaded, even more credible. Hey, we're going to turn Lebanon into Gaza, calling on leban these people to rise up and throw off hesbela to so as to avoid the genocidal fate that has met the Palestinians in Gaza. So you have the US apparently green lighting that, and you have a report that the Biden administration is not only cool with Israel now attacking Iran, but they are themselves considering in striking Iran directly, like the US doing that, which is unconstitutional, not to mention, not a thing that we should be doing. So that's where things stand right now. We also have, you know, very troubling images coming out of Lebanon. I don't know if you all have followed this story, but there's a UN peacekeepers that originate from Ireland that we're told to told by the Israelis like you need to get out, and they were like, no, we're peacekeepers. We're not going anywhere. We're staying here. And we can put this up on the screen, the Israeli bombs. This is from the perspective of those Irish peacekeepers and you can see just how close they are bombing to this UN peacekeeping force and facility. We know there's already been massive civilian deaths in Lebanon. We know that a lot of civilian infrastructure has already been targeted in Lebanon. So those threats of turning at least southern Lebanon into Gaza seem like something that is very very possible. Let's go and put E three up on the screen. This is just the latest in the oh buttons. Very frustrated blah blah blah. US frustrated by Israel's reluctance to share Iran retaliation plans by an administration hopes to avoid a repeat of surprise attacks like the killing of Hezbolah's leader. They say they've been repeatedly caught off guard by Israel's military actions in Gaza, Lebanon. Seeking a head off further escalation, some but hope the US would learn more about what Israel's contemplating During a plan meeting Wednesday between You'll have Golan and Defend Secretary Lloyd Austin at the Pentagon, but Galant postponed his trip. Natannil, who actually blocked him, blocked Gallant from leaving for the US On Tuesday night, is Israel continued planning it's around operation, an Israeli official said. US officials said they don't yet have either the timing of the strike or what Israel might target. We are the client state here, guys. That's basically the bottom line is we feed Israel's ambitions for whateverever death and destruction. They want to reek thround the region. The most we can apparently do with the level of impotence of Joe Biden is meekly protest and leaked to the Wall Street Journal that we are frustrated, which honestly, at this point, who really cares?
Speaker 3: Yeah, who cares at all?
Speaker 2: Inside Israel, they're also you know, look, there's some signs, some troubling signs.
Speaker 3: Let's put this up there on the screen.
Speaker 2: Two people were killed in a town in northern Israel after it was hit by rocket fire from Hezbola. Patients were admitted to the hospital after that missile struck outside of Haifa, so you can see that there was a failure of their aerial defense systems. You also have this interesting sign of domestic consternation. Let's put this up there, please on the screen. One hundred and thirty Israeli soldiers declaring they will refuse to serve unless the government seeks a hostage deal. Quote for some of us, the red line has been crossed already. Reservists and draftees across multiple military branches that they warned they will see service if the hostage negotiations are not prioritized, so obviously, you know that was something where they feel I think correctly it's been totally abandoned. But I mean, this is not an act without punishment. This is literally like an act of mutiny. So you know, they'll be significantly punished if they do go through with it, and then that could potentially raise major domestic turmoil inside the country as well.
Speaker 3: So not all is good.
Speaker 2: You know, inside the country, there's losing a like I said, hundreds of billions of shekels. They have a huge problem right now with the lack of the Palestinian workers that are there, with the factor they have a pay all these reservists, and then those reservists are not at Imagine if you had a huge percentage of the young male population in the US just plucked out of the US economy overnight for an entire year, it would be crazy. That's what happened during World War Two. They're at that at scale, they're looking at a similar level of deployment. So it's you know, things are not good over there right now.
Speaker 1: The justification for the invasion of Lebanon and all the attacks on Hesbolah, etc. Including the you know assassinating of Nostrella, which they used over eighty two thousand pound bombs and you know, murdered a lot of civilians in the process. Of The justification for that was, oh, we got to get our people back into northern Israel because they've been displaced since October seventh. That's part of why this rocket attack on northern Israel is really significant from Hesblah, because they're not going to be safe to go back anytime soon. There are not still not many people who remain in northern Israel, and the only real answer in order to for your people to be safe and secure in general, and certainly safe and secure in northern Israel, is some sort of a diplomatic resolution ceasefire deal has wells firing rockets because of the Israeli onslaught in Gaza.
Speaker 5: They have made that clear.
Speaker 1: The entire time when there was a ceasefires, will also participated in that ceasefire, there were no rockets fired. And so you know, the idea that you're going to secure safety and security for your own people through more bombs and more conflict and going to war with war countries. I mean, how many countries have they even bombed at this point is foolish.
Speaker 5: It's foolish.
Speaker 1: It is not is you know, going to satisfy the desire for revenge among a large portion of the population. Don't get me wrong, these actions are very popular. The you know, one hundred and thirty brave IDF soldiers signing on to this refusal to serve if the ceasefire deal is not negotiated. Notwithstanding, these actions in general are very, very popular. But there's a you know, a deeply troubling future for those people who actually care about the state of Israel because in addition to this domestic mutiny in some small corners, you also have a lot of people who are just like, I don't know if I'm going to stay here. Put this up on the screen. This is fascinating poll of Israeli citizens. Almost a quarter of Israelis have weighed leaving the country. You have thirty six percent of opposition party supporters who have weighed leaving the country. Similar number of secular respondents. And this matters a lot from like just basic sustenance of the state perspective in terms of Israel because the war, you know, the very religious predominantly many of the men don't work. They have large families, they have large birth rates, and they rely a lot and also don't serve in the military, by the way, they rely a lot on government safety net. So if you don't have those more secular citizens to be able to work, pay taxes, be you know, net positive into paying into that social safety net, the whole kind of program and the whole deal that they've got going on there really falters. Not to mention, it just continues this drift further and further to the more and more extreme right within society that you've already seen. And the other thing I was note worthy about this soccer is it's not just that they've like thought about leaving the country, like, you know, every election Donald Trump's maybe going to get re elected, you get to certain number of people that are like, this is it, I'm leaving the US.
Speaker 3: They never have.
Speaker 1: But these are people who, by and large majority of them have actually taken actions to like, let me look into jobs overseas, let me look into what the situation would be like for my kids in school, let me evaluate like properties, let me secure a past, you know, a pass border citizenship in another country. So they've they've taken it seriously beyond just like, you know, going on Twitter and being like I'm going to leave right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, look, a lot of Israelis are dual citizens. It's also a small country, a lot of them travel, a lot of them travel a lot, a lot of them have relictives, you know, all across the world, or they speak multiple languages, so it's actually a lot more feasible for them to be able to lead.
Speaker 3: If they wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bear is way way lower, especially given a lot of ties to Europe, you know, and the way that the U citizenship laws work in those places as long as you have relatives or whatever if you're from there. So my point is that it's actually real, And what you just pointed out is the biggest problem is the secular Israelis are the one They're the backbone of the Israeli economy and frankly of Israeli society.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: The rest of them are basically just welfare you know, recipients.
Speaker 3: They've decided that's an okay political bargain.
Speaker 2: But you know, in the long run, I've always thought it was very unstable and unsustainable. But after the war, I just cannot imagine, you know, after World War Two, like if you could consider, like if this nation state survives if you had all the veterans coming back, but then you also had half of the population that not only did not serve, but actively like was taking resources away from the war effort.
Speaker 3: I just can't imagine what that would look like.
Speaker 2: Part of the reason we were so united is because everybody had a role in the overall war efforts. So I looked societally, I just have no idea how this. I always thought this wasn't going to work, especially with the birth rates and all that. It always seemed unsustainable. But now I'm like, I have no idea how this conservts survived.
Speaker 1: And that's a real fisher In Israeli society is not like, oh, how do we treat the Palestinians because it's a very small minority that cares about that whatsoever. It's this like secular religious divide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean you can empathize, like, imagine if fifty percent of the population or twenty five percent of the population in the US were you know, conscientious objectors even more different, and not even that they were actively like taking huge resources I mean from the state and ruling politics through their overall population.
Speaker 1: It's not analogous exactly, but if you think about like the divisions that were wrought that still exists in some ways over the Vietnam War, and the fact that you had you know, wealthier college kids like Donald by the way, who were able to get out of service. And meanwhile and and on college campuses. You also that's where you have this anti war movement. And then you have people, you know, more working class people who don't have that option for their kids, like flee to Canada or get some family doctor friend to say they have bone spurs or or you know, get to ferment through college or whatever, who are being chewed up and spit out and meet the meat grinder that was Vietnam. And you know that just that division created massive cleavages in American society. Like I said that in some ways still remain to this day, especially among older Americans. So in any case, there's no doubt they're on the forefoot in terms of the amount of death and destruction they're able to reak, and many countries across the region they are operating with absolute impunity. The US is not serving as it's not just not serving as a check, but as actively enabling and encouraging this direction, but there are also some deep societal fissures and warning signs for the Israelis for the.
Speaker 5: For the future.
Speaker 1: That's right, let's go on and get to you. This was very interesting Saga. You and Emily were flagging this. There's a huge backlash to Fox News reporter Trey Yanks, who has been on the ground in Israel and also in Gaza, to you know, probably as much as any Western reporter has, who issued a pretty compelling statement in favor of protection of Palestinian journalists.
Speaker 5: Let's take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 6: There are so many neighborhoods that are flattened. Palestinians that are internally displaced will simply have no homes to return to.
Speaker 3: And while we.
Speaker 6: Get a first hand look at the destruction here, it's important to remember that Palestinian journalists do not have this access.
Speaker 3: They have been pushed to the south. Dozens have been killed.
Speaker 6: There's this false narrative about Palestinian journalists. More than one hundred of them have been killed by Israel since the war began. And I take very few positions in the conflicts that we covered, but let this be a position that I take journalists, specifically Palestinian journalists must be protected amid the war. The Israelis have killed journalists in drone strikes, they've killed them with small arms fire, and it's unacceptable.
Speaker 5: So soagrin.
Speaker 1: This is one of those things that should be like the least controversial thing ever, like don't kill the murder journalists, including Palestinian journalists. But he's right that there's this false narrative that exists of like, oh, well, if they're a Palestinian and they got killed, they must have been a terrorist if so facto, so we don't really care about them and they don't even really count. So, you know, kudos to him for saying it so clearly. There was no equivocal language here, There was no you know, they're being killed in blast. He directly said, Israel is killing them in drone strikes, in these other methods, and they deserve protection and we need to stop lying about who these people are and actually stand up for journalists.
Speaker 2: I'd actually shocked Fox let him put it on the air. That's more what I was surprised about there. Yeah, I know, Treya, I started out with him, we covered the White House together.
Speaker 3: I was our old friends.
Speaker 2: I remember the day they got that job, and he was so happy to become that foreign correspondent.
Speaker 3: It's something that he always wanted to do.
Speaker 2: And I think part of the reason that he's taken this position not only from you know, having watched it and becovered Israel for years before that. He probably knew some of these folks just from reporting. He'd been inside of Gaza and in West Bank multiple times before the war. But he also was in Ukraine when his colleague Ben Wallace, remember, was hit and actually lost his both of his legs, you know, in that horrible strike. So he has been present for the death and the maiming of his own colleagues, and so I think he understands probably more than anybody else. It's also disgusting to me how many people attacked him, not only for the statement, but you know, being like, oh, how many you know journalists or whatever of them are actually terrorist, Like hey, why don't you strap on a bulletproof vest and a helmet and you go into Gaza like Trey actually has, and then you will can and see it with your own eyes and then you can make some comment not from New York City, and because you went on a birthright trip once that you're a freaking Israel expert, you know, on Palistin. And that's actually why it annoys me so much, is like, you know, like the day I said he's a political he does his job, I think he does a pretty good job. And you know, just such an anodyne statement, which again he was just like, look, you can't do this. To be so viciously attacked the way that he was, I just think is so discussed.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me more about the nature of the attacks, because this didn't really exist in my social.
Speaker 2: Media real look avers replies, I mean, look at the replies to the segment Ryan, So let's read it.
Speaker 3: I'll read you some.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and see number one, what percent of the journalists have been actively participating in the conflict, the Palestinian journalist highlighting one who is there on October seventh.
Speaker 3: What does a Palestinian journal mean?
Speaker 1: Let's see, so basically they're like, they're all terrorists and they deserves pretty.
Speaker 5: Much the gist of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seriously, Trey the hamas journalists, I fully agree that the true journalists must be protected, but you know better than most what kind of journalists we are talking about. It feels like you only saw their pressed vests, not their weapons and involvement in October seventh. Meanwhile, the Palestinian journalists pictures of them with guns to their head. What does Palestinian journalists hamas and press bests are not dry? I could go on forever. Okay, this is like every single you know reply to the thing. H yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: So I think the one of the important takeaways here is what you were pointing to Soccer, which is like he's actually there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly, like he is there? What do you know?
Speaker 1: And so all of the spin and the propaganda and the bullshit that this all gets wrapped in when you're sitting over here and watching from Afar, he does not have the luxury of that distance exactly. And there's a reason why journalists have had almost no access to the Gaza strip, and it's because of exactly this. The more images that are on our TV screens, the more reporters you have that are strips of that luxury of distance and spin and propaganda and you know, the dehumanization that comes with it. The more that you get honest reporting, even in an outlet like Fox News, like this, which is, you know, what they're deathly afraid of. So at the same time, you know, we've talked a lot about what's happening in Lebanon, We've talked about this potent, you know, very likely attack against Iran.
Speaker 5: I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Lose sight of the fact that they are actually ramping up attacks in the Gaza strip, that they are appear to be executing on that quote unquote General's plan to once again displace everybody from northern Gaza. Remember this was the very early phases of the war that this happened, that people were forced down of ethnically cleansed out of Gaza City and pushed further and further south. Now they're basically going back to the beginning and once again saying like, if you don't leave Gaza City and its environs, we are going to assume that you are a terrorist and you are a legitimate target. But at the same time, even the people who are trying to flee are being shot at and killed by the IDF. We have a report here that we can bring you from Jeremy Diamond from CNN.
Speaker 5: Let's take a look at a little bit of that.
Speaker 7: Civilians fleeing a war zone suddenly sprayed with bullets. The Israeli military ordered these people to leave northern Gaza and move south. With the hail of bullets they faced now a testament to why so many are choosing not to leave or simply cannot. Nine year old Danna is among those wounded in the attack. A pink shirt smeared red with her own blood after she was shot in the neck. At the hospital, her mother said an Israeli drone opened fire as they were fleeing south. The quad copter started shooting intensively. She says, everyone was running. There were so many bullets. Even my children's backpacks were full of bullets. The Israeli military decline to comment, but the attack came as it ordered nearly all of northern Gaza to evacuate, even as it says its renewed ground defensive is focused on just one city, Jabalia, but many are trapped, like fifteen year old Zam Zam. Anyone who hears my voice help us, try to get us out, she pleads. She says her mother was killed by Israeli forces. I watched her take her last breaths, and I couldn't do anything, she cries, so.
Speaker 1: Just think about this set of circumstances. So the idea of is saying, if you're in almost all of northern Gaza, you must evacuate. But then if you actually go to move, you're being shot at and killed. So you're trapped in northern Gaza even though you've been told to evacuate. And the policy of the IDF after those force evacuations is then you're, you know, legitimate fair game.
Speaker 5: You must be a terrorist if you stay.
Speaker 1: So you've effectively, with your drones and your gunfire trap people in northern Gaza and then turn them into a legitimate targets. It's just a license for extermination, is exactly what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's also noteworthy.
Speaker 2: Both Trey and Jeremy actually are in Israel. He's the Jerusalem correspondent. So you know, again, I'm just going to take seriously what those guys actually think and say.
Speaker 3: I covered the White House with both of them.
Speaker 2: I think they're both like pretty credible, and I have done a pretty good job on all of this, and I think it's quite noteworthy, you know, to look at theirs versus what Jake Tapper and Dana Bash might be saying here in Washington.
Speaker 5: Very good points.
Speaker 2: Let's get to the UFO update. Major new report from journalist Michael Schellenberger. Let's put this up there. All this everybody stick with me. The details are important. So new government whistleblower reveals for the first time the quote the name of an unacknowledged special access program for the unidentified anomalist phenomenon.
Speaker 3: Otherwise known as YOUAP.
Speaker 2: So the name of that program is Immaculate Constellation.
Speaker 3: Why does this matter?
Speaker 2: The name of the report named in the report by this alleged government whistle blower is specifically the name of the program for quote unquote UFO retrieval that was launched after two thousand and seventeen. Now, to be clear, the Pentagon is denying the existence of said program. The Pentagon said that they have no record of any program known as Immaculate Constellation. I will get to in a second why that matters and specifically why it is total bullshit. But the reason why, if you look at the overall existence of this is its centers on Congress. So people will remember that I was at that UFO hearing which was led by a multiple members of Congress. You had the testimony of Dave Grush, who was the UFO whistle blower about the existence of these programs that he had seen and had gone and pushed through the Inspector General. Well since then, what has since happened is more ramping up crystal within Congress of questions specifically around the GRUSH allegations, the DoD and the Inspector General's report. Now what they have found is basically blocking at every turn, and this is from the Congressmen themselves. I believe that they are trying to get another hearing in the works. But the point is is that this report and others like it from Grush giving Congressional investigators and members of Congress the ability to try and to search for very specific types of things through FOUA, through records requests, and by having names and others.
Speaker 3: It's very important to be able to dig.
Speaker 2: The historical analogy I would use is the only reason that we ever learned about many of the shenanigans that the CIA and the FBI were up to under the Church Committee was specifically because.
Speaker 3: Not advocating this.
Speaker 2: But it wouldn't be the worst thing if it happened, is some people broke into a FBI facility and they stole these documents from them. We had the names from the CIA programs like what happened with the Black Panthers, like the LSD experiments and all this stuff. And thus the Church Committee and members of the press and others were able to use FOYA to actually go and to look for what all that was. If that had not happened, there is no Church Committee and there's no revelation about what happened. That's why the name of this program matters a lot.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so Ken Klippenstein has talked to me about this before because he does a lot of Foyer requests. And by the way, it's also obnoxious, like you have.
Speaker 5: To have a lawyer.
Speaker 1: It's not something that's a coordinary cit the center even an ordinary journalist without like a legal backing behind them can engage in because they'll just completely stonewall you. But part of the key of a successful Foyer request is you have to be able to ask very specifically for what you want. And so if you don't know the name of the program, you'll be phishing around and they can just say, no, don't have anything that meets that. And so that's why knowing the name of the program, so that you can actually make an effective foroy a request that they are legally obligated to fulfill in some manner after some period of like fighting you in courtant whatever.
Speaker 5: That's why this is important to.
Speaker 3: Take a decade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I want everybody to understand this is not all going to come out like immediately.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Michael actually was on the Joe Rogan podcast just yesterday he broke some of this down.
Speaker 3: Let's take a lesson.
Speaker 8: In that report, they claim that there is a that the Pentagon is illegally withholding information from Congress about a secret UAP program, and that secret UAP program is considered a parent program of other of other programs. But it's called immaculate constellation. I was told by a I was I had it confirmed by a second source that this is the name.
Speaker 3: I also was.
Speaker 8: Told that if we revealed the name that we would probably fall it get under surveillance.
Speaker 4: If I wanted to spread misinformation or disinformation, if I was an intelligence agent, I think I would get someone to be a whistleblower. I would sanction whistleblowers. I would tell them go on podcasts, go on radio shows, go on television and discuss all these different disclosures, and you can't tell them everything, the top secret stuff. You know, some stuff you got to keep a secret. Boy, I wish I could tell you, But there's more I can't tell you. There's a lot going on. And that's a really good way. I would think if I was in control of a narrative, that I wanted to be continuously slippery, like this is a very slippery conversation, like you never get to the end of it.
Speaker 8: And what would be the motivation?
Speaker 4: Because there's some sort of a program that exists that they want to hide, and the best way to hide it is to continually bring up and then debunk these fake programs.
Speaker 8: I'm comfortable saying I'm like ninety nine percent that the government is hiding information. Okay, So, and the reason I'm so confident of that is because Donald Trump said so multiple times that they're hiding information. When I signed him in the article.
Speaker 4: They probably told him that. And also they lied to him about a bunch of stuff. Oh sure, didn't even tell him about Chinese drones because they were he was going to shoot him down.
Speaker 8: So they told him something that he says has not been made public to the Arian people. So so if that's so my view is, look, if you think it's it's either a secret weapons program, that it's a government disinformation program, that it's just mis sightings, then I want the government. I wanted they have an obligation.
Speaker 3: To tell us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that it's a good pushback. But anyway, I'll get to a little bit now. Remember when I said that they had no record of the Immaculate Constellation.
Speaker 3: That's what the DoD is claiming.
Speaker 2: Get this, So when Dave Grush came forward in twenty twenty three and this Google trend should not exist, it just so happened that there was a massive the spike of people searching Immaculate Constellation right next to Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. So again, this is a term which nobody knows. Nobody's out there searching Immaculate Constellation. What they were worried about was that the name of that program had been leaked under Grush and they were searching those people around that area for the name Immaculate Constellation. WHOA, it's so suddenly and shockingly appears there in Dayton, Ohio. So I think that's evidence there of something going on for why we're why were so many people right around this Air Force bace just searching for this miraculously, especially a base.
Speaker 3: That's well known within that.
Speaker 2: I think what this does is it gives us a quiver into something to actually for Congress to begin looking into.
Speaker 3: And that's part of the problem.
Speaker 2: And I understand, I guess where Joe is coming from, but he needs to understand what pressure that Grush himself is already under. I mean, the guy's life is being investigated to high hell by the US government, basically lost his job. There is no incentive for a lot of these people to come out.
Speaker 5: Additionally, yeah, there's a lot of incentive to not come out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, they're destroying him.
Speaker 2: I mean, remember they leaked that whole thing about his PTSD incident and all that. Like, he has talked about having threats to his life. I don't know if it's true or not, but that's what he says. But in general, like his career has not gone well as a result of it. It's not like it has been good for his personal life. Additionally, I think what it says is somebody was explaining this to me, was that previously one of the reasons that that UFO legislation had gone down. The USAP Disclosure Act was so pressured by the intelligence community was specifically to stop them from the ability to uncover the very special ass program that exists. Like right here and now, for everybody out there, I get it. Everyone keeps saying, oh, it's coming, is coming, it is coming, et cetera. I totally understand, but you have to remember what the I mean. We just had Jefferson Morley on about JFK. It's been sixty years and we still don't know. You know, if you think about it. There were all these conspiracy theories in the nineteen fifties of people who were saying the CIA has brothels where they're drugging people and people are like, you're crazy, Like.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Twenty five years later, you're like, oh, actually, not only was he totally right, it's way crazier than you could have ever imagined. If I had told somebody in the street in America the CIA wanted to blow up Castro with the cigar, I they would have said you are out of your mind, or or make it wear though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, these are real. This actually happened.
Speaker 2: If I go back to the Spanish American War or whatever, and I was like, wait, maybe it's America that blew up the USS main again hanged for treason. Never would have happened one hundred years later. What do we know it's true or it's probably true. So like I'm just saying for the incredible incredul increduluity and just the way that people think about like, oh, it's just taking a long time.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not that easy when the government.
Speaker 2: Wants to keep a secret, especially a very very tightly held one, you know here, it's they can't do it, and it can take a quiet tightn I efforts on behalf of the public to even you know, inch forward to getting it.
Speaker 3: That's all I would say.
Speaker 5: We'll see, Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 3: I want to see. It's gonna take a while.
Speaker 2: By the way, Congress, you know, after this whole election nonsense is up, let's get back and let's.
Speaker 3: Get to work.
Speaker 1: Hey, Trump, if he knows all this stuff, like, brother, you're already in trouble with the law, you may as well, you're already in trouble for classified documents.
Speaker 5: May as well, just like let the people American people know.
Speaker 2: If he becomes president, he should just immediately you know, sign.
Speaker 5: All yeah, I mean last time.
Speaker 3: Well, last time around.
Speaker 2: You and Mike POMPEII own his ear famously, especially about the JFK thing. We're talking about this with Jefferson Morley and they're like, oh, you just can't let the public, you know, know any of this stuff, and I think it's just look, it is crazy Obama Trump. I mean remember what Obama said. He was like, yeah, you know, it's uh. He's like, he's like, there's some things that are out there, but we couldn't release it to the public.
Speaker 3: He said something along those lines.
Speaker 2: John Podesta I always talked about this, who was the chief of staff to Bill Clinton in the White House, Huge UFO guy. He tried for years to get the CIA and others to tell him about these programs. And he was the White House chief of staff with Yankee White security clearance, and they blocked him out completely.
Speaker 1: So just evan, someone should ask Joe Biden about this and maybe maybe his half cooked brain will not realize that he shouldn't be.
Speaker 5: Saying what it wouldn't even tell by accidentally.
Speaker 2: Biden is the ideal president for them. They're like, oh, what a joke you know. It's like in the UK they have a joke called yes Minister, where the deep state basically over there just jokes that the you know, whoever's in this yokal, who's in charge, the political guy, They're like, forget about it. We've seen fifty of them come and go. So for them, Biden is the ideal president in terms of who you can just hoodwink the entire time. All Right, thank you guys for indulging that.
Speaker 3: We will.
Speaker 2: If there's any breaking news over the weekend, we'll see you. Otherwise, we'll see you all next week.