Speaker 1: Hello, my loves and welcome back to give them while a podcast. I'm hyped as it gets today because it is a rare occasion that I can get my mom and little brother into the same room to record a podcast, and because today is that day, we get to do it all right, So not only do we get to celebrate the holidays that are coming up, but it's also a time that we get to celebrate my mama's birthday.
Speaker 2: To you, this is so exciting. I love. I always ask people on their birthdays. Is there anything that you've learned about yourself this past year?
Speaker 1: Ooh, I love this question.
Speaker 3: You know what, I think I've learned a lot about this entire family and how strong we are, how we cope with things. Yeah, and how blessed I am to have these little munchkins in my life and my new little grand baby that I'm just smitten.
Speaker 2: With the best gig in the world.
Speaker 3: This morning, she was so cute. She says happy, and we're working on birthday, but she was so stinking cute this morning.
Speaker 2: Did she say happy? Would she say like happy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: She goes happy and then she had the rail. But we woke up to her this morning, went into her bedroom and she knows how to zip her little pajamas.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: She was zipping them up and down, and she was so enthralled that she didn't even realize that we were in the room. Melts my heart, melts my Oh.
Speaker 1: I love that, Mama. I'm so happy that I brought that little gift into the world.
Speaker 2: She's the best. I was just saying, may, I was just saying, how I have anxiety today or like sadness. It might honestly be because I us see Ocean on Mondays and I didn't get to see her yesterday.
Speaker 1: That might be it. It's okay, I'll see her soon.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know the best thing that's ever happened to us. For sure.
Speaker 1: She really is. Mom. I'm very curious because as we were walking to get breakfast and I told my mom, like, bitch, I got to get you on the podcast. And she was like, well, I have a story for you that I heard on the radio. And I was like, tell me. She said, I'm waiting for the podcast. I said, you're going to tell me now because I need to make sure it's approved one podcast, And she goes, it's approved, trust me, So tell me what you heard on the radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I was listening to the radio this morning when I was in the car, and this cute little DJ was talking about this story about this man that was walking across the street on Librea and Sixth Street and two people like totally jumped him for his watch. What, Yes, and they got his watch. But there were citizens arrest whatever you want to call it. They caught the two culprits and arrested them. And now obviously you know they've got all burglary whatever you want to call it, but they've traumatized this man. And the thing I want to put out there is it's the time of year, it's Christmas holidays, and people need to be aware of their surroundings. Don't take nice bags out, don't take nice jewelry out if you're walking, and just be aware.
Speaker 1: But you should also take that advice.
Speaker 3: I'm going to heed my own advice today after hearing that story.
Speaker 1: Yes, because Lisa, you have beautiful.
Speaker 3: Bags, yes, and I like to and I like to use my bag.
Speaker 1: Of course, but right now you just throw on your little crocheted bag and you like, I was actually thinking today when we were walking, I have these earrings in and their cubics are conna all right, Like you want them, thief, I'll just give them to you. They're like a hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: They don't look at though.
Speaker 1: But that's what worries me is if someone were to see me, yeah, and they thought, like I think about this all the time. My engagement ring, you know, it was display is one hundred and fifty thousand, you know, and it wasn't that what.
Speaker 3: I lost still worth in the thousands.
Speaker 1: Is it's still very very excitive take. But a thief thinking they're going to take my hand off and get one hundred and fifty thousand for it, they would be very very upset and disappointed. And now I'm left without a hand. You have a ring that's not worth six figures, and everyone's fucked in this situation.
Speaker 2: Was the guy that got jumped hurt? Did he have to go to the house?
Speaker 4: I don't say that he was hurt, traumatized or aumatized, you would not be yes, absolutely, so yeah, you know, just be aware of your surroundings, don't flash your stuff this time of year, and be giving.
Speaker 3: You see somebody that needs help, give them some help.
Speaker 1: You see someone who wants to jump, you just give him the watch.
Speaker 3: Well, you should give them what they want because you don't want to lose.
Speaker 1: No, lie, I know. Can I tell you before we started this, it's all about stay in the light. If I don't make jokes, I will crawl in a hole and be in the fetal position until I die.
Speaker 2: Yes, holidays make people go a little nuts.
Speaker 1: No, it is scary, I told I told my family, like, we got it kind of hunger down because it's scary out here. So just be safe, everybody.
Speaker 3: Well, even when we were in Palm Springs and we went to that nice steakhouse and we had all those leftovers because there were so many of us, and that cute man kind of said something to me under his breath, and I said, excuse me, what did you say? And he said, do you have any food? So what did we do? We gave him all of our leftovers and he was thrilled.
Speaker 1: He was like he was so you know, even that was the night we had been ransacked the same night. How does that work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So karma, ebbs and flows.
Speaker 3: I think they stole my bobble ring. It looked like my little It was a ring I got in Puerto Rico, and it looked literally like one of those sucker rings.
Speaker 1: Okay, big it was.
Speaker 2: This is exciting. You're on, Lisa, because give your your encounter or your memory of what happened when you were ransacked, because it sounded like you came in and you are just upset.
Speaker 3: I was because I went to the car, I opened the door. Everything was askew in the car ran sick open, Yes, it was ran sick. The arm like, the center console was up, everything was thrown everywhere. Well, my biggest fear was is we had the diaper bag in the car. My wallet was in the car Lauren's whilet was in the diaper bag with my wallet, and I had stupidly put two thousand, two hundred dollars in my wallet rich because I bank to pay my property taxes Saint George, Utah.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't right.
Speaker 3: No, but my car also, so I don't.
Speaker 5: Be carrying cash around these times.
Speaker 1: That's everyone be careful twenty two hundred dollars in your wallet at all times and make sure you leave it in the car that's unlocked.
Speaker 3: So I really thought when I came back in, because the backpack was gone and I had gone through the house, the diaper bag I should say I had gone through the house and it wasn't there.
Speaker 1: And a week it was just where it was in plain view, right where i'd been the night before. The when you walk in, it was literally right there, just why I looked. I looked Lauren, and I was like, okay, everyone calmed down anyway.
Speaker 3: So then, but my bobblery got left in the car because Ocean wanted to play with it, and I was worried she'd somehow swallow it. So I gave it to Lauren to put in the side door. And then I didn't get out of the side door.
Speaker 2: But he took that, took it.
Speaker 1: That's all they took.
Speaker 3: Really, I had my ray bands in there. They took it.
Speaker 1: She's talking the way we always did. Had my wallet, Nope, didn't.
Speaker 5: Even when she came in my roam. What happened?
Speaker 1: We have got to get video.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, do you guys do so well? It's incredible, all right?
Speaker 1: Well, on the note of us being ransacked and only a ring being stolen, what are they get that ring? Memories?
Speaker 3: But lots of my memories. I found out Lauren like she was pregnant and we were on the beach in Puerto Rico. Honestly, we found out in North Carolina that she was pregnant, but she was pregnant on that trip doing a movie, and.
Speaker 1: It just that was like six months pregnant doing a movie.
Speaker 2: You know what I think you guys should do. I think that means you should do another trip to Puerto Rico at some point, because you can make even better memories.
Speaker 1: We get me another gunball ring exactly, Amensis. So, because you are sixty two today, fucking hot and an icon so hot, let's talk about this exp back in the day because my mom obviously hot now bombshell back in the day, and there was a man who was her boss at the time who brought yes and I always and I was young, but like I'm a smart motherfucker, right even at that age. Like, I don't like the way you be looking at my mama. All right, So Lisa's what was it your mom?
Speaker 3: There was some loss. I think your.
Speaker 1: Mom or your dad had passed. I think it was your dad because I was young. It was your dad. Yeah, he brought you flowers. I don't like this. I don't like this one bit. Why he bringing you flowers? Bitch? All right, So Lisa tell the story how you remember? And then from my seven year old mind, I'm going to tell the story.
Speaker 3: So he delivers the flowers personally, He tells me sorry, gives me a hug. I put him on the table. I go upstairs, come back down, and all the petals are missing on all the flowers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Stop? Wait?
Speaker 2: Why why are the petals missing on the flowers?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you why.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, she said he bought cheap flowers.
Speaker 1: They're already dead.
Speaker 2: She did say that, Wait, you ripped the petals off.
Speaker 3: He was cheap, mom, he bought cheap flowers. Every missing that is the or was it the cushions?
Speaker 1: This was my first savage, you know, like my mom goes to work and you're there. Now you're coming to my house and hugging on my mam always flowers. I don't like the optics. I was doing God's work, all right. I feel he liked my mom.
Speaker 2: Who wouldn't though.
Speaker 1: He was like a little Mormon boy and Lisa was fun, hot and blonde. Yeah we're over.
Speaker 2: Did you or were you like Lauren?
Speaker 3: I didn't get mad at her at all?
Speaker 1: Okay, I strategically she like went upstairs, and I immediately tiptoed, got the garbage, pluck pluckuck, throw him in the trash, under the endo, the bin again, and then I laid back down on the heater.
Speaker 3: And he had not moved an inch. That's how she acted, and they just magically disappeared.
Speaker 2: That is the funniest thing I've ever heard. You know, who's going to be like that Ocean Kent, I guarantee it.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: She just there's like little attitude things that I'm like, like, well, I'm going to show her, like I totally exactly how Ocean is gonna be.
Speaker 3: Yes, hilarious.
Speaker 1: We also talked about how Dad would cover for me, because yesterday I called you because I don't recall Easton ever getting hot sauce in his mouth or so, so I remember the soap.
Speaker 5: I do remember this, and it wasn't I remember soap, but it was almost like we were talking about my dad. He would cover up. And I probably said something because I brought up Walter Hogan because I'd always go over.
Speaker 1: There and then your naughty words from his top brother brother.
Speaker 5: And so I came home and I probably said fuck or something like that, and I think Dad not wanting to tell you washed my mouth out, because that was better than letting you know.
Speaker 1: Had I learned it right? Always go to Dad. He keeps it kosher. And then by the time you tell Lisa you've let it like sink in, she doesn't need to go to dad. Dad already knows this is having Like two months ago. However, Easton was a biter. And this is what scares me about Ocean, because Ocean, when that girl is tired, she will fuck you up. She turns, she turns, all right, I'll sit there and I'll be loving her, and it's quick, all right, and then she turns into grabbing your face, pulling your hair, biting.
Speaker 2: And she doesn't like with a smile, Oh lovely, it's like I'm tired now. But it's is it like a frustration because yeah, you're right, I've seen her do it before and it's almost like a silliness.
Speaker 1: But also unless you're on the receiving end of it, it is not. I mean, I've never had someone so strong ever, she's the incredible hult all right.
Speaker 3: But can I defend her really quick?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Defend her so sweet?
Speaker 3: Because after she like does.
Speaker 1: That need she beats out of you, she kisses.
Speaker 2: Out sweet, is so caring?
Speaker 1: Let her bite you? Well, you know, but now now I know what to do because it happens so quickly that when I see her turning into tired, I put her in her crib with her bubba before before I get you know, that's what it is. Did Easton do that? So? Easton was a bier? All right? And Lisa, tell me if you remember this, what did you have because Bob your dad, my grandfather.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I have to tell you. So Easton was such a bier and la La would hold him by his forehead and he'd just do these chomming tarn tying to get at her. It was hysterical. Anyway, he did the unfortunate thing of biting Lauren when my dad was babysitting. And I had told my dad that I had heard that when they bite, you're supposed to bite him back. So my cute dad did what I had said, bit him back, and it broke my dad's heart.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I scream and cried.
Speaker 5: I can't remember, but I remember, but guess what, Oh I remember everything?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he never bid again.
Speaker 1: There's the face again. No, I remember. We were down in the basement, and he literally my index finger bits so hard that it almost went all the way through. All Right, it was not good, And maybe I'm exaggerating, but I do remember it being pretty intense. Yeah, So I run upstairs and I get Bob. Bob goes down stairs. I hear the attack, and.
Speaker 6: I'm at the top of the stairs and I see Bob come around the corner to come up the stairs. Eastern's sad little face trailing freshly bitten.
Speaker 1: No, No, Bob.
Speaker 2: Was just heartbroken for the listeners. Bob who was on fire at one point. Okay, keep going, that's yeah, you did.
Speaker 1: Bob's my dad, your grandfather, and he was sad.
Speaker 2: He wasn't like ha ha, because that would have.
Speaker 1: Been No, it looked like he had seen a ghost. No, he was deflated.
Speaker 2: Where did he bite you on your arm?
Speaker 5: Probably, I can't remember.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was just really but he hasn't bit everyone, including the neighbor's dog.
Speaker 3: The dog he left gum in one of the neighbor's dogs.
Speaker 2: Gum. Yeah, because he bit the.
Speaker 3: Dog with his gum and the gum got attached to them.
Speaker 1: And he tried to say he didn't bite the dog. How the gum get there, bro.
Speaker 2: You guys are the funniest kids ever. When did you stop biting? Because that's when Ocean, I bet will stop.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I still kind of do.
Speaker 2: Bite you to hear that, ladies.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know when did I stop? Probably right after Bob bit me, as.
Speaker 3: Last year.
Speaker 2: You stopped after Actually he stopped after Bob.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah he never did.
Speaker 5: Like I don't remember. I don't have a thought of me like getting in trouble for biting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so your baby, I will ever bite my baby like to.
Speaker 3: Get them to stop.
Speaker 1: I'm not promoting that, Lisa, We're just telling what happened. And it was a different day and age back then. But also it was just.
Speaker 2: But also Lisa Listeners wrote in a few months ago when Lalla was first talking about ocean biting, and there were many, many, many people who said you're supposed to bite them back. So people still do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but can I tell you you also, it's not it's that weird age right like Ocean right now, she can't she can't talk, you know, so things that she say words, no, but she can't when I tell correct, When I tell Ocean, when you bite Mama, it hurts, I would appreciate you not doing that, or else I'm going to do it to you, or because you wouldn't like it if I did it to you. She doesn't know what I'm saying. So when she gets to the age, I know she's going to grow out of things. My child's not going to be in the sixth grade rolling, I hope bit biting people. She's gonna grow out of it, or I'll be able to sit her down and say, if you bite, you're going to time out with.
Speaker 5: A bite on you.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not biting her, but I mean, I'm telling you what. That kid will take your head off.
Speaker 3: I mean, she's just really she's our genius baby for sure. She's so smart.
Speaker 2: Look when she's tired, she's tired and she needs to let you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I get very aggressive when I get tired too.
Speaker 2: She's such amazing.
Speaker 3: So like you get very angry too.
Speaker 2: Oh see, that's probably because there's probably aggression or like frustration, but she doesn't yet know how to let it out. And she's not a screamer. She's not a screamer.
Speaker 1: You know what else it could be? Though? What did we learn from Courtney Berman the other day.
Speaker 5: It was something yeah, because I was.
Speaker 1: Telling Courtney at Thanksgiving dinner about this feeling like when I see ocean, like I get it's called cute. No, it's called cute aggression. There it is okay. And she said, when you're hungry, you do something to cure hunger. When you're tired, you go to sleep. It cures you being tired. But when you see something that's so cute, there is nothing to cure that, so you go into like a well.
Speaker 3: But can I tell you? I ask her that because it's like she loves her mom so much. I've witnessed this. She loves her so much that it's just like she wants to consumer.
Speaker 1: Because the turn doesn't make sense. All right, She'll give me she'll like squeeze my body and then she'll grab my face really tight, and then she grabs my hair and closes it towards her, And I'm like.
Speaker 3: I'm so into you that I just wanted like, yes, it's.
Speaker 2: Well her look of excited that you posted on your Instagram story.
Speaker 1: Yes, and she always like she by like we just decided as a family, the three of us. The other day, you don't have to like, listen to this podcast every episode to know like me likes the funk word, all right, it just flies out of my mouth. There's nothing like it. So we decided as a family, because she's getting older, we have to watch our mouths because she is just so good. But she picks.
Speaker 2: I hear you have you guys ever though, and this is how it was. I don't know if you knew people like this. Growing up for me and my siblings, we were not allowed to swear, not allowed to say hate or stupid. So by the time we got to like fifteen six, we all have like sailor mouths, me and all of my siblings, but all of the friends I knew, including Kyle, whose parents would swear and then when they were kids, like if Kyle said a swear word, they'd be like, oh no, no, no, those are adult words. You don't say that until you're a certain age. Never swear, you know what.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 1: There is something to say about that, because Erica and Sheena have both told me, and I didn't ever realize this, but they said the other daughter, she and his sister Courtney, does not cuss. And I noticed when she was giving her speech at the wedding, not that you would cuss during that, but she said something about how she doesn't curse or something, and I was like, oh my gosh, I really have never heard you swear at all. And she and his family's very open too, They're like mine, yeah, So I don't know. I think you just come how you are. I think so okay, I had a lot of freedom, and I'm like, oh, but.
Speaker 2: I do guys swear in front of you?
Speaker 3: Guys. I was on a rotary phone, I'll never forget it, on a phone call in the kitchen at my house when I was young, a teenager, okay, and I said the word pissed. My mom lost her marbles, like I you. I guess I was saying the F word to her because she could not believe that came out of my mouth.
Speaker 2: Really, so your mom, Lala and Easton, your mom and dad didn't swear. It sounds like you growing up and now you swear a lot. I'm telling you there's something behind it.
Speaker 1: No, my parents they did never.
Speaker 3: I never used no.
Speaker 1: Never. I don't really remember dancing. Really. The only words that I really remember flying. I don't love the piss word either. I think it's just kind of like pissed.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think that was a swear word, but I guess not.
Speaker 1: I don't mind. I'm so pissed and I don't care if someone says I'm so pissed. But when I hear anyone say I've got to take a piss like that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think that's just like saying no, that's vulgar and weird.
Speaker 1: I thought it was vulgar on this because yeah, and I won't say the word because people get so offended by it. But like on the Real Housewives a Beverly Hills reunion, they were like, which is more insulting, see you next Tuesday? Being called that or being called evil? And I was like evil the sea word, like whatever, But so many people are like deeply offended by the see you next Tuesday word.
Speaker 2: That's wild because I throw that around easier than I say, like shit, I just have never, like I never I've said it. I'm on the phone with my parents and road rage comes out and I say that word, and well, my mom goes, Jessica.
Speaker 1: Yeah, disgusting. Nack and Amy don't play. They they do not play. Yeah, they do not play. But I feel like if we were to say certain words like back then, you would feel differently like I don't know what happened, but I think as Eastan and I grew older, we were almost a bad influence on you and Dad.
Speaker 5: I agree. I feel like you guys.
Speaker 1: I really feel that way too.
Speaker 3: You guys are funny. You know. I think we get desensitized, like Erica Jane says, to see you next Tuesday, you know, in her little slang. Yeah, And I think you just get desensitized by words after their use some often. And we have Housewives playing twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: So you blamed it on house do you use it? I've never heard that excuse blame that. I've never heard the.
Speaker 3: Housewives saying the desensitizing of the word.
Speaker 1: I love it. You know what, shift blame wherever you can be right. Housewives made my family and I love to sit and reminisce about really funny moments that happened, like back in the day, whether it's the first time I lied or the mask. Do you remember the mask, mom, Dad's old grandpa mask.
Speaker 2: Yes, we need to hear about this, Yes, we need to hear about that.
Speaker 1: You heard this, no, I have? Oh my god, it was so scary. I cannot even tell us. I don't know what it was back in that day. I don't know if this is normal. Maybe it was just in Utah. But like I remember being very young in babysity Easton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well no, that was a twelve years old was the age of the babysitters.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I was around and.
Speaker 3: That's legal, is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jill, I don't think I would ever never in my wife, here's the ownership.
Speaker 3: The babysitting. I wouldn't do an infant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh like if a twelve year old's babysitting like a seven or whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm babysitting Easton and I was a kick ass babysitter, all right. Yeah, I fed him dinner. It was time to get into bath, and he's in the bath bubble bath. Might I add I in the primary bedroom. In the primary bedroom our house growing up, it was a it was big. It was like a very beautiful home. Beautiful home. Yes, thank you to my parents. But I hear someone downstairs, what did you do? Mom?
Speaker 3: I was I tried to sound like a man, like I can't do it, and you were gone.
Speaker 2: You were supposed to be gone an come home.
Speaker 1: But I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I was shut to the primary bedroom and.
Speaker 1: The door was not shut. The door was not shut. No, I'm going to tell you I'm the only person who remembers in this family. The door is open. Okay, okay.
Speaker 3: And I hear.
Speaker 1: Your mom home, and I creep to the fucking primary bedroom door. She does it again. I close it so quietly.
Speaker 3: But see that I had saying that yet I hadn't seen the door, because when I came upon the door, you're.
Speaker 1: Coming from the garage. You were stepping into the great room to go up the stairs. All right, Trust me, I remember, because I thought you were ready to murder me. I knew your whereabouts, bitch, because that was calling. I want one. I locked the door, I grabbed the phone. I get Easton out of the bath. I put us both into the closet, close the door. I called nine one one. I say, I'm babysitting my little brother, and there's someone in the house. There's someone in my house, and they like asked me all of the questions. And then I'm hearing the banging on the door. I said, they're banging on the door, and I hear my mom go Lauren it's your mom. I opened the door and she has the mask on.
Speaker 5: You didn't even care.
Speaker 1: She was planning on using that voice and then walking up the stairs for me to see. And it was terrifying. It was an old man's mask with white hair. Yeah, like like white gray hair. Why my dad worrid every Halloween?
Speaker 3: I would. He loved to scare the dogs with it.
Speaker 2: Hold on, So were the cops on the phone when Lisa was like, it's just me.
Speaker 1: Did you have to do I have to come legally?
Speaker 3: No, they don't know.
Speaker 1: They didn't. We need to talk to your mom.
Speaker 3: That They said, we need to talk to your mom, and I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Also they would yeah, we got it, they would send the police. But this is incredible. Like, you're twelve years old, you grab Eastern out of the bath?
Speaker 3: I would.
Speaker 2: I would have probably jumped out of the window, left Easton in the bath.
Speaker 1: I was exposed to kids and.
Speaker 3: Laura la La is an old soul.
Speaker 1: Call me Lauren, mom. It's so weird when you call me, isn't the old.
Speaker 2: No, that's incredible at twelve, Like literally, just a couple of years ago, I told you about the fact that when Kyle and I were camping and there's a guy who showed up at the door at two am. He was holding something in his hand, which we ended up finding out was a hatchet. He was completely fucked up, but he showed up at the door two a m. Kyle jumps into action. I run into the closet, lock my leaving everyone mind you, his mom and the kids downstairs. I don't tell anyone. I'm just like me. For me, I hide in the closet, put clothes over me. I was like, I was so shocked at myself, and I was like, I can't believe that's the way I act.
Speaker 1: But you're the survivor who comes out and everyone's murdered. Yeah, I'm the flight. You're a fighter? Would rather be murdered?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a fighter? What are you?
Speaker 1: Are you if the world goes to hell?
Speaker 5: I did one?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 3: I'm a fighter? I think I.
Speaker 1: Know that for a fact.
Speaker 2: Everyone you're a fighter? Lot Easton, Are you are you flight? If something goes down? No, you're a fighter because the person who crashed the window down the street here in LA and you went out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. Sometimes when shit happens, I go blank, like a blackout.
Speaker 1: You did.
Speaker 5: I usually tried to go into a protective mode.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fight, then let's talk about that. Because I was freaked out. I told Easton. I tell both my mom and Easton, like, we ain't in Kansas anymore, Like you have to be careful. We're in a big city and it's just it's just different. Doesn't matter where you are. Though. Again, I want to a lot of twenty twenty and it all happens with a small town. But I just want them to be safe. And it was dark, and Easton wanted to go somewhere down the street, I think the weed shop or something.
Speaker 5: I went to elevated and I stepped out, and when I stepped out, I was going through my baggy get my trinkets out, and I just hear a shatter and from down the road, the dude is like, I mean, I can't really see. I just heard the shatter, and then people were just he was just standing there but like inside so obviously stoll shit.
Speaker 3: And then he shattered a store window.
Speaker 5: Store window and shit out of it. And I was far but then he started running at me, like towards me to get away, and there was like another block like an intersection like an alley, No, an intersection, okay, And so he was booking it at me, and then I started to run at him because people were running with him, so I was like, all right to chase him. So like we were squeezing.
Speaker 1: Him, hold on talking to the mikeys.
Speaker 5: Sorry, So we were squeezing him, and he just went that way. But that's when it clicked into my mind of you have to be safe, you have to be right. Yes, so I stopped, but I also lost my flip floor said that was one of this, like after I lost my flip flop, you brought yeah, And I was like, okay, maybe I don't snapped you back, like we were talking about it. If I would have turned that corner to try to get him, who knows if he has a gun to one shot me and then keep going or a knife and then.
Speaker 3: I and what are you going to do when you catch it?
Speaker 5: Nothing? And then it's you know, at that point, I just hope that they have insurance to the store, ye back whatever. But hopefully me running at him and the other people he's won't maybe do it next time, or at least not at nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fight though, that's clear fight, and I just hope that one day because I was a really disappointed. I hope that one day when I'm a mom. I don't think I'll still be that way. No, right, like, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, no no.
Speaker 2: I'm not just gonna leave my kid at the park if I get scared.
Speaker 1: Never just and that's not even something you should worry about. It just the second you get pregnant, you are different from that moment.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, I better be because I'm a little weak bitch right now.
Speaker 1: No, you turn into an assassinator.
Speaker 5: And I want to ask, just from a guy's standpoint, when you become the mama, do your instincts just for the child or does it kind of go for everyone? Now you're like instinctual for like protecting your child as well, or are you now aware of more other.
Speaker 1: You're aware of anything that you believe is good and innocent. I always say the moment I got pregnant, it was like I immediately saw the beauty in the world, but I saw the ugliness as well, and you do anything to protect your little one from all of that. Wow, what a great podcast. How you fucking holidays everyone? Right?
Speaker 2: You know this is great though, No, that's like something that so maybe I'll be a different person when that.
Speaker 1: You know, it is true when they say like, holidays are so fun until you get older, and then it's like the kids are having a great time waiting for Santa, I'm worried about getting robbed. Immediately where my mind goes it's the holidays. Stay inside, you know.
Speaker 3: That's like, yeah, true?
Speaker 1: Is it true? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Every time I leave the house now, Lisa's you need to be safe, you do or I mean, I can't even go out thirty years old. I'm like, hey, I'm gonna go down the street, and you need to be careful. There are robberies everywhere.
Speaker 3: Well, when you are stabbing at seven eleven in the middle of the you gotta be careful.
Speaker 2: Yep, No, that's true. People are getting ransacked left and right.
Speaker 1: Everybody comes to Hollywood.
Speaker 2: They't want to make it in the neighbor.
Speaker 3: And I am Mama Bear. I be Mama Bear. So that's why I tell you guys to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. That being said, are you because of the way la Is and I feel like it's been sort of kind of crazy, or at least I've heard since the pandemic. It's really gotten crazy with people, just like with attacks and stuff like that. So area wise, do you think you'll stay here and live in LA forever? Do you want to maybe move outside of LA? Like, what are you thinking?
Speaker 1: I'm letting the universe guide me. Okay, okay, we love a university with my future holds. Yeah, but let's just say I'm in the same situation. I am now where my job is here then, and I'm staying in LA, then I'll move to the outskirts. I really crave a parking lot.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. I was just thinking, I just want lots of green grass and parking lots so I don't have to take a ticket and pay when I come.
Speaker 1: Out right to go to the grocery store.
Speaker 5: It is like just putting the grocery card in a fucking elevator to go down to your car.
Speaker 2: You guys hate that because some people love it. I was like, is he crazy?
Speaker 3: No, I'm outside parking lots uh without paying? You like green grass and trees.
Speaker 1: Well, LA is so crazy because no matter what you want to do, they ask you to pay. It's like, do you plan on breathing today? That'll be a quarter an hour, like they charge you for everything.
Speaker 2: So true, so true. And the one thing about apartment living that I do love is when I'm home alone if Kyle's out of town, I feel safer because I lived in a house when I first moved here, and when I was home alone, I was like, oh shit, there's windows people can break in when you're in an apartment. I feel when I'm home alone, I just felt feel safer.
Speaker 3: You know what. I where we live, I feel very secure.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, yeah, oh I And if I move into a house, not if when I move into a house, because you have to remember, we moved into an apartment because it was like overnight, we got to go somewhere, right. So now it's like time to buy a home. I mean, I think I'll make sure it's either a gated community or a gated home, and I most likely will be investing in like twenty four hour security because I just don't trust people right now.
Speaker 2: No, you can't. And even like when I used to live in Los Feliz, people who've visited, no, like Los Felis Boulevard off of that lives a lot of like actors and writers and this and that, and I listened to a podcast of someone who lives in a gated community off of Los Feela's Boulevard and his house has gotten broken into. He's a successful actor producer, Like seven times, I think in the past.
Speaker 5: I think I'd be looking for new homes.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, I'll tell you what they need to get. Everybody tell us needs to have a dog. And guess what. The shelters are overcrowded. So what better way, yep, to keep safe, keep your valuable safe in your home and love a dog.
Speaker 2: You turned me onto the Riverside Animal Shelter Lease, which is if anyone's looking for a dog, Riverside posts the ones who are about to get euthanized, Yes, like right before. So it's always a good because they overfill and then like all these cute they don't euthanize the dogs because they're aggressive and unable to adopt. They literally euthanize them for space.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're a Riverside Animal shelter, the.
Speaker 3: Shelter, so they have to pull for space. It's heart wrenching. That's why people should go adopt the animal this holiday. That's what every family should do.
Speaker 1: A dog you can take care of a dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's very yeah, because have you ever half.
Speaker 3: The people don't pick up after their animals, and that's super important. And you've got to think about the cost of an animal and the care for the dog. And yeah, but we have four animals.
Speaker 1: So you know we when you worked at the five which.
Speaker 3: With the cat, we have five. We have four dogs and a cat.
Speaker 1: I was judged with cats. You dead.
Speaker 3: But you have to want to cat.
Speaker 2: I want to catch so bad.
Speaker 1: I want to catch so bad.
Speaker 2: My deal with Kyle is if I'm able to put like afford, he goes. If you're able to buy us a house outright, feel free, we can adopt a cat. But until then, so which I.
Speaker 5: Will be one, keeps our house free, mice free.
Speaker 1: By the way, after the best, my mom saved this cat from dying. I kid you not tell us she had lost all of her kittens. She was so depressed. She wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink anything, wouldn't clean herself. She was like greasy, greasy.
Speaker 2: Where did you find her out of the shelter?
Speaker 3: I was volunteering where'd the kittens go? She lost her litter, so she was.
Speaker 1: Very depressed, and I kid you not For weeks on end, my parents would go out and because she wanted to be isolated and we had dogs, you know, so they made her like a really safe little area where she could be by herself and mourn properly. They would go out and feed her with a syringe. And I that cai so fat. Now it has the tiniest little gro.
Speaker 2: What's her name, it's your her name's kid kitty.
Speaker 3: Like Lauren named her.
Speaker 1: That's cute.
Speaker 3: We were fostering this cat, like we I had no intentions of keeping this.
Speaker 5: I remember you and Dad went on a vacation and we all went to Hawaii.
Speaker 1: That was it, and we took the cat back, yes, just to stay for it while we were gone.
Speaker 5: Well, I thought it was going to be like for sure to get adopted. And then we came home and she was starving herself again and the only people she would eat with was you and Dad.
Speaker 1: Out.
Speaker 3: When I came into the room where she was, she me out at me. When I said kitty, she me out. And then I took her home because she had lost all her way that she put on, so we fattened her up again. And then because she's our baby, she is.
Speaker 2: She still alive. Yea, And she gets along with the dog, hangs.
Speaker 3: Out with the dogs.
Speaker 1: Two giant pitbulls, all right, the sexiest little things you've ever seen. Pablo and Bernice. My mom hated that name.
Speaker 3: And we adopted those from a shelter as well. Yes, yes, of course they were transferred from La to Utah because they were going to be euthanized, so they were brought to that shelter.
Speaker 1: We only adopt. Now, we did go through a period of time where we were uneducated, and we went to these like bougie little uh storefronts where you pick out your puppy that came from our breeder for thousands for dollars of dollars. And the only one we have now is Bella, who's from a place like that. But all the rest of our animals and the ones that will continue to get fifteen years old, yeah, she's old.
Speaker 2: Ye Let me let me ask a question, Lisa, because you, obviously, for people who don't know, have worked in a humane society, in the Utah Humane Society for years. I when I was in Nashville and I used to volunteer at a humane society. They used to say there was something they would call Christmas adoptions And it was really sad because it was when people would flock into the shelters and adopt dogs and cats and dogs and cats for their kids as Christmas gifts, not thinking of like, oh, this is going to be cute on Christmas morning, but this is a being we actually have to care for. And then a few weeks later, all these dogs and cats would get brought back to the shelter because the kids either didn't want to take care of it or it was like such a cute Christmas present, and then like two weeks later, the kid was uninterested and the family was like well and they would bring it back. Is that something that happens, because.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: If that's the case, right right, Well, you have to realize that pets are a lifelong commitment. I mean, maybe you know small dogs can live twenty plus years. You know they could. I'm sixty two, So am I going to go get a puppy tomorrow, a small puppy tomorrow and that lives twenty years? No, I'm going to adopt a senior because I'm a senior. So people, I think have to realize the commitment and not only what the commitment is, but there's money involved, you know that if they get sick, there's food, there's all that's expensive.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, especially if it does clipping. Yeah, as Lily gets older, I mean every time I go in, it's between six hundred dollars and two thousand dollars just to keep her healthy and where she needs to be to live a long life. Yeah, so it is a huge commitment.
Speaker 5: But what I did, yeah mentally, well, I was just going to say, mentally, it's not even about the money, it's just having that companion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, well, no care about for me. I know it's a lot of money, but I would cut back in areas because Lily's my ride or die. She's been with me since I was twenty one years old, through my drinking, through the loss of my dad. Like she's the one that I would wake up for, you know. So like that's my ride or died bitch. And when I brought Ocean home, she looked at me like what have you done?
Speaker 3: But what does she do now?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Now she is the first person. First person. She is the first being at Ocean's door wanting to be in Ocean's room. And when Ocean's not at the house. She's I catch your sleeping in Ocean's rooms.
Speaker 3: Stop she hears her in the morning, Like when Lily hears the baby in the morning, she is so excited, like she's wagging her tail way to run into her room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're little besties. And I think it's also important the breed of the dog, Like if you have young kids. Ocean or Lily is a Lab Collie mixed. She's like a mutt of four things, Labrador, Australian Shepherd Collie, and lab gold Golden Retriever. And she is fantastic with young kids. I mean Ocean, you know, because she's still trying to figure it out. She sees me kind of patting her and she thinks that that's a hit. So I teach her to be gentle. But Lily just sits there and gets pulled on. And there are times where she growls a little bit, and I have to tell Ocean like she doesn't like it. Do you hear the noise she's making, So give her some space.
Speaker 3: And it's really good when a dog growls because they're given a warning. You want your dog to growl because you want him to something sting exactly. They're setting up their boundaries. So it's super important that you let your.
Speaker 1: Dog growl, right instead of saying they tell him.
Speaker 3: To stop growling, It's like, no, that's his warning that he's not happy with something, So let him be his voice.
Speaker 1: He's letting or she's letting. You know, I don't like this and if it continues, I'm about to bite. Yeah, baby.
Speaker 3: Animals are the best, like you're so sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, They're part of the family, not accessories. So people who are like, oh, well, get a cute puppy for Christmas and then isn't aren't ready to take care of it.
Speaker 1: Don't do it.
Speaker 2: Don't do it, or it's gonna throw it outside and keep it on, you know, because I've seen that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're gonna have outdoor animals, please don't get an animal.
Speaker 3: No, you need to be indoor. Indoor cats need to be indoors because oh yeah, in fact, we are traumatized.
Speaker 1: We talk about this before we wrap this. So my mom, after my dad passed away, the house that they were in that I grew up in, was just it was too big. But all the animals knew that house. And now you take it from.
Speaker 3: There, so we had the movers come and we transported all the dogs, you know, over to the new house, and somehow our cat got out because people were coming and going and she was scared. I literally went back for a week to the house because we had moved, and would call her every night. Eastern would go and call her every night. I mean, I was sobbing because this is my baby, and she thought I had abandoned her.
Speaker 5: I'm getting We went over there for like like an hour and a half a night and just watched like the phone and just sat there and just called her name with like a bowl of food.
Speaker 2: So you thought she would oh, she got out. Not at the new house.
Speaker 1: She got out the old house and they had moved out already.
Speaker 3: Thinking I've abandoned her, and so I put you know, she's from a shelter, So I put food and I put her bed on the porch because the new people hadn't moved in yet. And I went back and finally the last night I took dere my little chihuahua. At the time, God rest her soul. She's passed away. But anyway, I put door down and I called her and she ran out of the bushes to door and were you?
Speaker 1: She cried?
Speaker 5: She called me crying saying I got the cat.
Speaker 1: I want to cry.
Speaker 5: So much. I know, in all honesty, I never really I don't love cats.
Speaker 1: I know what they do.
Speaker 5: But when I see how much Lisa loves the like the cat, like when she's not there, I look at the cat, and I'm like, I'm going to give you love just because I know Lisa would be doing it right now.
Speaker 3: No, I love my animals. There's something better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that we take her back. They take her back to the new Yeah.
Speaker 3: She gets out those out into the backyard because you know it's a new territory, explore. Yeah, and it's all fenced in with high fence and.
Speaker 5: One corner to climb up and get out.
Speaker 3: Yet she comes back the next day without her collar, and I'm like a little rough dog. She's like, act a little traumatized that she does not want to be outside ever.
Speaker 1: No never.
Speaker 3: My neighbor calls and says, do you have a cat named kid Kitty? And I'm like, yes, that's her collar and he goes, I found it hanging in my tree. It was a breakaway collar because obviously you don't put fixed collars because.
Speaker 1: They can cat Yeah, yeah, correct, yeah.
Speaker 3: So she had a breakaway collar thing, thank god she did.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so something happened and she has no desire to look at.
Speaker 5: She literally will go out, like if the dogs are out, she'll go out because there's and lay with them and she'll lay like in the sun. When that last dog runs in, done, she looks around and she books it in.
Speaker 2: She got her ass kicked by a street cat.
Speaker 1: Probably what happened, shelter bitch, and she was trauma time. You know, they don't play in those shelters.
Speaker 3: But you shouldn't even leave your cats out, and especially in California you've got coyotes and wolves, your little dogs, your cat.
Speaker 2: No, you should be in. Exactly, there was a cat. This is a sad but a cat head just ahead. They are in a block away from our house that we were walking and just ahead and because those coyotes will will eat.
Speaker 3: The whole cat.
Speaker 2: So it was just ahead, just a little.
Speaker 3: It was I have to tell you one more story and then I'm I'm and then I'm done. We went camping Jack.
Speaker 1: Animal podcast turned it always died loud, Okay, tell this story anyway.
Speaker 3: So we went camping. We had to pop up trailer trailer and do you or my little chihuahua?
Speaker 1: Where were we? Yellowstone?
Speaker 3: Ye, Jackson Jackson Hole And it was in a you know, camping area. And all of a sudden, like it's the middle of the night, am my little door wants to go out and go potty. Okay, So I take a flashlight because it's pitch black, and I don't have her on a leash because we're just in this little camping area will lo and behold, she's out there potting. And all of a sudden, I see this movement on the side of my eye. I look over. There is a wolf or a.
Speaker 1: Coyote stock which was it different?
Speaker 3: I think there was. It was a coyote.
Speaker 2: Well, they are out west though they are huge coyote coyotes are huge beyond okay.
Speaker 3: So anyway, I flash my flashlight over to the coyotes's stalking and it is stalking like it is in prey mode, like I'm going to eat your dog. And my poor little dog is doing her business with her back to the coyote. I let out a like scream that could be heard for a mile, and I charge the coyotes giant with my light blinded, so he runs off. I go scoop up my dog running the trailer. But I'm like, I almost saw my dogs last day.
Speaker 2: Oh and when they get in the prey mode, everything else like, I'm shocked at run away because everything else charged it.
Speaker 3: I charged it with my flash. Yeah. It was one of those big hexagon one of heavy duty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would have kicked its ass because full circle fight or flight. She's a fighter. No, I would.
Speaker 1: When she came into the trailer and whispered to me what had happened, I was like, the dog stays inside full circle, don't go outside. That's just the name of the game. Stay inside. Sunday Holidays, animal or person, just you're safe in your four walls. I love this podcast again. It was about nothing while at the same time being about everything.
Speaker 5: Yay.
Speaker 1: I love that for us. You guys, thank you so much for tuning in to another episode of the Give Them Lalla Podcast. I hope that you have the happiest of happy holidays. And just so you know, there will not be a new episode on December twenty eighth, because I want you guys to put your phones down and enjoy your loved ones or enjoy your alone time. Just soak it all up, because baby, we are coming into twenty twenty three with a mother effing fang. I will catch you in the new year.