Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for being here.
Speaker 2: It is your second Day podcast and we've got a brand new episode for you today, and you found the official one, so shoot, subscribe yep, I mean that is the only answer to that.
Speaker 3: An unsubscribe from the other fake one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, and don't forget to also follow our YouTube if you're not already listening from there. It's YouTube dot com, slash Brook and Jeffrey I believe, probably test.
Speaker 3: It and let us know, yeah yeah, probably, yeah.
Speaker 2: But we're putting live videos up there so you can watch now some of these second dates and awkward tuesdays.
Speaker 4: Yes And on yesterday's live video, Sarah Hall commented and said, what a lovely surprise? Do you think if I get pulled over, I can blame you guys for going live. Maybe the cop will be a fan and let me off the hook for driving while distracted.
Speaker 1: Don't do launch while driving. Been listening for over ten years.
Speaker 4: Not even sure how I came across you guys all those years, but I'm so happy to have accidentally found my daily escape.
Speaker 2: Sarah, Sarah, why are you searching on YouTube while driving?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Your best bet is at the cop goes you know what.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 1: Get you a ticket.
Speaker 2: Let's do this more safely. Okay, let's pull over and then watch YouTube. Yeah, here goes your brand new episode starts right now.
Speaker 1: Broken Jeffrey in the morning. Second Date Updates.
Speaker 6: I googled best food and worst food to order on a first date.
Speaker 7: Guess what it said?
Speaker 3: Okay, good question.
Speaker 2: I feel like worst food would be like crab, you know, yeah, it's so messy the guests.
Speaker 6: Worst it said was ribs or hot wings, best grilled chicken or fish. Okay, but I bring it up because our listener, Peter said his food choice definitely caused some reactions, not just amongst his date, but among the weight staff that was there too. We'll see how it affected their hangout. Hopefully it wasn't just a bunch of peeb and Jy's.
Speaker 5: But Peter, welcome to the Show's that guy?
Speaker 2: Oh Peter, it sounds like you've got a story for us.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, this one's grave. All right.
Speaker 7: We'll tell us about this woman that you met. What's her name?
Speaker 5: All right? Well? I met this really cool girl. Her name's Emma. I met her off this app called match app Matchup.
Speaker 1: What's that about. I haven't heard of that one before.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's kind of just like mumble Tender. It's kind of like the same shpew.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, nothing special, right, Well, I'm glad you brought it up.
Speaker 5: It's just like a new app. So I just thought i'd give it a shot, and I always kind of have that good luck on it. But anyways, long story short, Emma's really cool, super attractive, and then she's like active, which helps because I'm super physical. She like hiking outdoors, et cetera.
Speaker 2: All right, so you guys have some shared interests obviously already.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So then we went to like this really awesome taco spot. I had never went.
Speaker 2: There, but I thought it was like some weird food you ate or something like that's like such a normal date meal.
Speaker 7: Unless it's like ostrich tacos.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I know. I think that's kind of like where it got weird. I think I might order like too much food. I never had been there, right, so I wanted to order and like get to know her and talk and not have that be an issue. So I just kind of went ahead and ordered like a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, you know.
Speaker 3: That could look like kind of a baller move too, to be like you know what. It was like one of everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I wanted to do. I wanted to set it up so then we could just.
Speaker 1: Talk what came to your table?
Speaker 5: I mean, like what dinnet come at the table? I ordered like Manu Thos v Chase, shrimp, cocktails, burritos, burritos.
Speaker 6: The thing about the Mexican places, though, is that they usually give enormous food sizes, like the burrito is the size of your arm?
Speaker 1: Was she laughing? Like what's the reaction?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it was like she thought it was kind of cute or whatever. And then I didn't want the food to go to waste, so I was like, hey, let's just stop on my place. I'll throw all this food in refrigerator real quick, and then you can continue the date and hang out. And she thought that was funny too, and the whole conversation on the ride back it was super funny, Like my whole car just smelled like a delivery, Like you're like a grub hub driver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I haven't called her in two weeks, but I've been eating Mexican.
Speaker 6: But it is kind of like a sneaky smart move to get her back to your place.
Speaker 5: I wasn't even trying man like. And then once she came over, I mean, we just put the food in. I gave her a tour, showed her around, made a joke about like this lazy boy that I had. I have like this weird chair and I'm pretty sure it's haunted.
Speaker 1: How how is it haunted?
Speaker 5: It like reclined by itself.
Speaker 7: Across the grandpa sleeping in it.
Speaker 5: I pretty much told her, like, it only really happens when I'm laying down in bed.
Speaker 1: In the bed.
Speaker 5: So then I told her, I told her, Hey, do you want to go into the bed and like see if you can hear it? Move?
Speaker 6: Okay, And this wasn't a movie even I'm not kind of the move.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, okay, it was smart.
Speaker 1: That was good. I would think that's really funny, and I would get in bed.
Speaker 7: You would get in bed without a line. Okay, So she lays in the bed with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So she lays in the bed and then we kind of make out and she didn't sleep over or anything.
Speaker 7: He did the ghost cut, you did the chair creak.
Speaker 5: I mean, to be honest, I wasn't even listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alexi said, Jeff, nobody cares about the hottest. I know it was a line to get her.
Speaker 7: Okay, Still I could use closure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, So you guys made out in the bed, but nothing more than that, and she left.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she didn't stay over. I just gave her right back to her car.
Speaker 1: Okay. And have you talked to her since?
Speaker 5: No, not at all, So hopefully it's not the bad incident.
Speaker 1: Wait, why are you calling a makeout session an incident?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Okay, now, you guys are making me think I was to some move.
Speaker 3: You know you were.
Speaker 6: She was obviously okay with it as long as you weren't like, oh, you can only hear the creaking sound if we take our pants saw.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, we don't hear a ghost though, every time I swear it.
Speaker 6: All right, are you trying to get us into your bed now?
Speaker 7: Because I'm not going to say no.
Speaker 5: I don't think you guys can all sit.
Speaker 3: Is it a queen? I bet we could fit.
Speaker 5: It's a king, you know what. Actually, you guys all should come over.
Speaker 1: I do picture all of us laying there, just waiting for the ghosts.
Speaker 7: All splitting a burrito that he has the back of his car.
Speaker 6: All right, now, now, I'm actually really excited to call Emma for you.
Speaker 1: Multiple burritos, haunted chair makeout session. It sounds like a great night.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we're all in to get this done for your second date update.
Speaker 7: We're gonna come back and do it right after this.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 6: One man, one woman, thirty bags of Mexican food, and haunted lazy boy. That helped our listener Peter get his date Emma to join him in bed, because that's when the ghost in the chair tends to move around the most.
Speaker 1: But that is a strange sentence. I hope you heard the first part of this, do you understand?
Speaker 7: But it worked, got.
Speaker 6: Her in there and the only movement that was detected was the two of their mouths making out.
Speaker 7: So why after sex?
Speaker 6: The question is why after all of that, would Emma not be calling Peter back. That's what we're trying to figure out. Is there any chance the grandpa in the ghost chair jumped souls into Emma's body and would that stop you from wanting to date her?
Speaker 7: Peter? Peter just joined the conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Peter, I will say I think you're one of the chillest guys that we've had on this segment, Like, I can't really tell her.
Speaker 1: You super stoked about Emma?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, like I said, I matched her there on the app and she wasn't like physical activity, hiking outdoors. I mean, I just want to know what's up. I mean I made out with there in my bed and then now I'm just not getting any response back like you. Yeah, I feel used.
Speaker 6: Yeah sounds fun to me, but if you're not, okay, we'll do this for you and a dial Emma's number right now here we go. Hello, Hey, Emma, this is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: How you doing he Amma?
Speaker 3: Hi, Hey, good morning Emma.
Speaker 5: Wait, sorry, who's this?
Speaker 7: Sorry?
Speaker 3: This is everyone the room introduce.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a big radio show.
Speaker 6: It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we're reaching out to you about a segment we do called second Date Update. Okay, it's actually really fun. It's something where we try to help out listeners who've gone out on a date with somebody recently but they're not getting a call back. We can reach out on their behalf to try and figure out if there's a reason why.
Speaker 1: Weird.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely, we get to the bottom of things, Like we learned, sometimes you even want to go out with him again.
Speaker 1: Figure it out.
Speaker 6: So we're doing that service today for one of our listeners named Peter.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, so Peter called you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he asked us if we could get a hold of you because he feels like there should be a second date happening and it's not materializing.
Speaker 2: And his description of the night sounds like a really fun first date you have.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 8: I don't really know.
Speaker 5: I don't really know what to say.
Speaker 6: Well, we're just trying to get like what you thought about Peter. What was the vibe?
Speaker 8: Well, he was attractive and fun, all right.
Speaker 2: He told us about all the food at the Mexican spot.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he overordered.
Speaker 3: That's a good problem.
Speaker 6: And then he said some funny stuff happened and you ended up going back to his place.
Speaker 5: Okay, so he did tell you that, Yeah, and.
Speaker 6: We figured you wouldn't have done that if you weren't at least somewhat into him.
Speaker 8: Yeah. His his place was another story.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, I will say he did mention the chair that might be haunted by the ghost of a grandparent.
Speaker 8: Oh no, that was funny. That was fine.
Speaker 2: Okay, is it like the state of his house?
Speaker 1: Do you make a pillowcase guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because like the chill dudes that I know that love like rock climbing and stuff, they're not also into homemaking.
Speaker 1: Maybe a good way to say it.
Speaker 8: No, I, like I said, he's fun, Like even though I had the ick, I made out with him.
Speaker 5: You had him?
Speaker 1: When did the itck come?
Speaker 8: When we went to his bedroom?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: He has a king bed?
Speaker 5: Yeah right, No, what single guy.
Speaker 8: Needs a king bed?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 5: What after yourself?
Speaker 8: I think about that?
Speaker 2: Wait, that's so nice though I thought it was gonna be no pillowcases, Like Alexis said, you're saying that his size of his bed gave you the ick.
Speaker 8: So you're a single guy and you have a king sized bed, you're on the apps. He only has that bed so he can be with I don't know how many different women only players bed.
Speaker 2: I mean, you just don't want him on a futon and you don't want him in a twin side.
Speaker 8: You definitely don't want those situations. But a queen is fine. The queen is plenty.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 2: Okay, there could be a billion jillion reasons why he is a king size mattress.
Speaker 1: It could be old relationship they got it together.
Speaker 8: Now, he says he hadn't been in a relationship for years, so it's not left over from a past girlfriend.
Speaker 5: It's just his.
Speaker 2: Talking themselves out of it and making all sorts of assumptions about this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I hear you, for sure, but I think it's only fair if you've heard from Peter himself, because I do need to let you know he's on the other line listening and waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 5: I'm Oh, my god, So that's really why I call me back. You think that I'm sharing my bed with multiple women. Yeah, that's pretty gnarly, but you really want to know the truth. I used to sleep on like an air mattress I had to blow up all the time. And then me and my buddy found this king size mattress on the side of the street. It brand new.
Speaker 7: Wait what.
Speaker 5: I loaded it up? You know, I host it down before I put it in the house. Pretty much brand new.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, wait where did you find it?
Speaker 5: I mean, look, to be honest, you're the only person who's ever complained about it. Everybody else seems to enjoy it, and I really enjoy my space. It's better than sleeping on the air mattress.
Speaker 8: Wait, no, no, no, where did you just say you found it?
Speaker 5: Though? I got it off the side of the road, but there was nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 6: Like maybe it's like a dog in a way. He didn't find the mattress. The mattress found him.
Speaker 5: No, Oh my god, my god found me. I needed a mattress.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure, like, if you're worried about bedbugs, it sounds like he's had it for a while.
Speaker 1: He would have known by now if there was bed bugs, you're not.
Speaker 5: You didn't get bit by any bed bugs when he laid on the bed.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I so much. No, I like, I feel like I can go get tested now. Maybe some other girl.
Speaker 5: Will on your roadside hold on.
Speaker 6: I just need to real quick ask the ladies in the room. Is this an ick or is it something that you could get over?
Speaker 3: My mattress is from Brook's friend, so my probably.
Speaker 7: Husband probably roadside And.
Speaker 1: We do have a couple of mattresses that we got out of an abandoned cabin.
Speaker 6: Sleep it at.
Speaker 1: My family's house.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna go with no, Okay, I'm asking the wrong people, obviously, Brook is standing up for the roadside recovered mattress.
Speaker 5: Yeah, these are times of being frugle. We got to watch where we shound our money.
Speaker 7: Or frugal one.
Speaker 5: Tomato.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would recommend some sort of mattress protector, like one of those like zip up.
Speaker 5: None of that. I'll just take in the germs to let my body be coming into it.
Speaker 8: Or why didn't you tell me let's lie down on this roadside mattress to hear the ghost chair creep?
Speaker 5: I didn't even think I need to tell you the story about the mattress to begin with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the chair was enough of a story.
Speaker 3: Well, the chair is probably not. He also found it on the side of the road, squirrel, that's.
Speaker 1: Why it is wanted though. Yeah, there's no way that you bought that chair.
Speaker 5: It's not that nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, remember he's fergle So yeah, well okay, So at this point, I'm everybody in the room sees no problem with it.
Speaker 7: We don't know why you would.
Speaker 1: I could see why she'd be upset, but you know, you give it a little bit before thought.
Speaker 5: You're like, well, we can give no later, we can get a grand new mattress.
Speaker 1: He's talking in the plural. He sees the future.
Speaker 5: Like a mattress is going to get in the way of us. And we had such fun when we ate.
Speaker 3: So you're willing to buy a new queen mattress.
Speaker 7: That's not what he said. They might find one washed up on the beach. It's a California king.
Speaker 1: That's pretty sterile. With all that saltwater that is well.
Speaker 5: You know every time I'm paddle boarding in my eyes would be able to find it. So there we go.
Speaker 7: That's a man who's looking ahead to the future.
Speaker 5: Emma.
Speaker 6: So we would love to offer to send you out on another date with Peter, and we would even offer to pay for it if you'll say yes.
Speaker 8: This guy weirder and weirder every time Peter opened his mouth.
Speaker 1: So do it for the plot, Emma.
Speaker 8: I must say no. Some other girl will love your king roadside mattress, but it's not me.
Speaker 4: Your hands of getting another guy with the roadside mattress might be high.
Speaker 5: Peter Man, I'm dude, I'll just get back on the apps. Didn't just run my king size mattress. I mean, nobody else really complains about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, nice, right, you're gonna put it as part of your bio.
Speaker 5: I mean at this point, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, plus you have twenty five uneaten chimney chungas that you could split with rubber matches.
Speaker 3: With you you kind of live like a king.
Speaker 7: Really, Emma missed.
Speaker 8: Outbody Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Well we got kind of off track there where Emma got the ick by just seeing the king size mattress, and that was before we found out it was rescued from the side of a road.
Speaker 1: I think it is a good way to put it. Is nice, same day, same day.
Speaker 6: But going back to her initial problem with it, does a king size mattress for a single guy put up red flags that he could possibly be a player?
Speaker 3: I'd never heard of that, But it in a loose way has some logic, no, I think.
Speaker 2: I think it's only if you have like weird satin sheets on it or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's definitely worse, but it is kind of true. Like even jose said he's single with a queen and that is more than enough roomy, Why as a single guy would you need to go bigger.
Speaker 2: It's strange because you even fly planes where you expect a king sized bed.
Speaker 6: True, So I don't know what's going on with Peter in that whole situation.
Speaker 7: But I'm sure we're going to be speaking with him.
Speaker 3: Again a memory phone, Beck, because that's got bad memories.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Yeah, it seems like he had a lot of happy visitors, so only had it for two weeks.
Speaker 7: Yes, I got that.
Speaker 6: A lot more action to come, and if you want to have some happy visitors to your bed, maybe we can help facilitate that.
Speaker 7: No, that's not that's not a bad thing to say. Forget that I said that.
Speaker 3: Do a podcast.
Speaker 6: We'll just help you with your dating life. We'll call that person who wasn't calling you back. Go check out all of our second dates are up wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey