Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: When it comes to college basketball in March Mania, one thing is for sure.
Speaker 1: Nothing's for sure.
Speaker 2: Upsets, buzzer beaters, cinderellaves, advances, top seeds, going home early is.
Speaker 1: All gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Bet the unexpected, every upset, every day with Draft Kings Sportsbook with live betting, exclusive content, promos and parlays. Draft King is the ultimate college basketball destination for March. Ready to make your first bet, check out the matchups and pick a team to win. It's that simple first time. Here's something special just for you. New Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bet. Bet the unexpected with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Download Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money move that's colled money moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bet when.
Speaker 1: You bet just five bucks. Only have Draft Kings. The crowd is yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler. We're in West Virginia. Visit one eight hundred gambler dot net in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and WI or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Alli Listen up, taxpayer is time for what you all really tuned in to. Listen to me for financial advice tax Season. Boost Mobile wants you to turn your tax refund into six months of saving. When you buy six months on their best unlimited plans, boosts will give you another six months for free. That's like six times two divided by one. Carry a really good deal. They told me I should have been a tax accountant. Well would you trust me with your money? Well that's great news because I'm not done yet. Visit boost mobile store doing tax season and enter to win up to ten thousand dollars to double your refund, or if you're really good at math and money stuff like me, pay off what you still Oh okay, time to take my financial envivor hat off and put on my lawyer hat. Requires upfront payment, tax and fees. Extra terms and exclusion apply. Visit boostmobile dot com for full offer terms and sweet details.
Speaker 3: And now I get back to my boring old day job.
Speaker 2: Head over to your nearest boost mobile store and make the most out of your tax refund. This episode of Nightcap is brought to you by Colon Guard, a not invasive colon cancer screening test. Currently, colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer related deaths in the US, and it's on the rising people under the age of fifty. But when caught at early stages, colon cancer is survivable in ninety percent one of the people, so screening and early detections are key to reducing overall colon cancer tests add. A great, one of a kind way to fill more in control of your colon cancer screening is through the colon Guard test, a prescription based test with none of the prep that's required for colonoscopy. The color Guard test is the only FDA approved non invasive option that looks for both altered DNA and blood in your stool, which can indicate the presence of abnormal sales. This test offers convenience and ease of use, and the kit is delivered right to your door. Once you complete the kit, it is returned to the lap and results are available within two weeks.
Speaker 1: Plus it's affordable. Most insured patients pay.
Speaker 2: Zero dollars, and if you do need a colonosophy as a follow up, most insurance plans cover that as well, So if you're forty five or older and at average risk, ask your healthcare provider about screening for colon cancer with the cold Guard tests. You can request a col of Guard prescription today at coli guard dot com, slash podcast. The cold Guard test is intended to screen adults forty five and older at average risk for colorectal cancer. Do not use the coli Guard test if you've had atonomus, have inflammatory bio disease, or certain hereditary syndromes, or personal or family history of colorectal cancer. The color Guard test is not a replacement for colonoscopy and high risk patients. Coli Guard test performs and adult age forty five to forty nine is estimated and based on a large clinical study of patients fifty and older. False positives and false negatives can occur. Col of Guard is available by prescription only. Oh Joe. Aaron Rodgers could reportedly wait until after the draft to make a decision per NFL Network. Rogers is reportedly in zero hurry to make a decision. The giants in Steelers are interested in Rogers, but he likes to bikes.
Speaker 1: The weight continues.
Speaker 4: So is he trying to do the same thing Brett Farr did. It seems he's trying to go on the same footsteps as Brett Farr. Listen going to the Vikings. You know why he wants to go there. You see what Sam Donald was able to do. Now, I'm not saying I'm I'm just saying, if we can get just a flash, Aaron Rodgers doesn't have to be Aaron Rodgers the bowl, not with that kind of talent around him, not with them just putting the ball in the vicinity, Just put it in the facinity. If Sam Donald would do what he did with Addison Hodkinson and Justin Jefferson, what do you say Aaron Rodgers could do. Now you're telling me a Sam Donald, even though as young as he is, he's better than Aaron Rodgers at any age. And I mean no disrespect to Sam. I mean I'm just asking, huh, what you think.
Speaker 1: Are you saying?
Speaker 3: You're saying Sam Donald right now is better than Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: What I will say is this, the worst thing to be, the worst place to be is the wanner girl that doesn't want you.
Speaker 3: Oh wait a minute, Oh wait, wait a minute, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: Hold on, there's not godfairn note pad m slow down. Man said it not in the Sunday. You heard what he said. Come on, the Giants and the Steelers want him. Uh huh, he want the bikes. M M.
Speaker 3: Now give me that quote one more time.
Speaker 2: The ain't nothing worse than you want a girl, but that girl doesn't want you.
Speaker 1: You got two options. I got two very attractive, right, very attractive mice. Good girl got their head on right, good college degree, come from a good come from good family, chuck god fearing women. I don't want that. I won't I want I want the girl right that I know has a boyfriend. Oh lord, come on, but I think I think I have more to offer her, right.
Speaker 4: And see this week this when you go wrong. Now, I'm I'm gonna I'm gonna give you a little contact. I'm gonna extend it a little further. You not only do you want the girl that has a boyfriend, but just so happened. What happens if she leaves the boyfriend for you? And now you think because you got more to offer what she did to him, she ain't gonna do to you because.
Speaker 3: You have more to offer. But one thing about history, if you you lose them how you found him? Come on, come, come again.
Speaker 1: You'll lose them how you found him. You know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: Lett my grandma used to do in church. I'm gonna excuse myself.
Speaker 1: By listen, History repeats herself by never lies.
Speaker 3: It never will. Hey bo, I'm feeling good. Boy.
Speaker 1: We might be on here for hours the night. I'm feeling good. But let me call somebody who's fe the call I don't know made this think, Oh Joe, I had this phone in. This thing had been on since twenty ten.
Speaker 3: See see if the battery work?
Speaker 2: No, I know that thing, mm hmm, it don't. But that was back in the day. You know you kept your following your from pocket.
Speaker 1: You know that was a good old thing. Chack y'all remember that falling your promp pocket. Let me see your phone?
Speaker 5: Uh huh, hey, uh look.
Speaker 1: Part of him. You know that's a that's a very good supporting cast.
Speaker 2: A system that he's familiar with is the West Coast system you mentioned.
Speaker 1: But who else is in that division? Hey?
Speaker 3: He don't want no part of that. Lam don't want no part of that.
Speaker 2: What team did he play for for almost two decades? What team moved on from him? The very reason that Brett fav went to Minnesota? Why did he go to Minnesota? Because he wanted.
Speaker 1: To go to the team that said, you know what, we better off without you? Huh? Now looking at it like, oh, y'all want to move on? Right?
Speaker 3: Okay, let me show you what's up two times twice a year. Let me show you why you should have.
Speaker 4: And and and Honestly again, I'll say it again. The supporting cast in Minnesota as opposed to New York's completely different.
Speaker 3: And I can see him even if he's not there.
Speaker 4: Aaron Rodgers of BOLS just give me fifty sixty percent.
Speaker 3: Of Aaron Rodgers that ain't good enough. They gonna be held.
Speaker 1: But but that's what you told That's what you told me. When they got him, I felt.
Speaker 4: Like I'm talking about in Minnesota now, I'm talk about in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: So when he's lacking and when he's missing on what he used to be the supporting cast and overcome that.
Speaker 1: But you told me the Jeffs was good enough. All they needed was no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 3: They ain't had that. They ain't had that.
Speaker 4: Now now the Jets, I love, I love me some Gary Wilson, Now, love me some Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 3: I know what he can do.
Speaker 4: But we talked about Jettis and we talked about Addison and Hakinson. Yeah, and then we got that young bully in the and then and then uh in the backfield too and with Johnes Jones, Jes come on, now, that's a whole different ball game over there. And that's no disrespect the priest Hall. You know he he does thing too. But man, can you massine I.
Speaker 2: Figure at some point in time, So what so what are we doing with JJ McCarthy?
Speaker 3: Oh man, he can said behind.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, if things play out the way Aaron Rodgers wants him to play out.
Speaker 3: He he's sitting.
Speaker 4: Back one more year, sit back one more year. And if Aaron Rodgers is playing bad, you plug him and that's it. That's it, that's it for eight.
Speaker 2: But he but but it seems to me Rogers is looking at the landskap. He's like, hold on Baker Mayfield three four hundred million, Sam Donald three four hundred million. He's looking at something like that. He ain't looking at for no one year deal, no one year, twenty million dollar deal.
Speaker 3: And he ain't get no.
Speaker 4: He ain't finna get no two three year, three year deal. Fan, Please you know they ain't finna play that.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. Now with j McCarthy coming back, hey, he's a y'all gay kirk Cousins. That for kirk kirk Cousins show up.
Speaker 1: The kirk Cousins history shows that he buys in kirk Cousins.
Speaker 3: His three shows that he's not gonna cause any problems.
Speaker 4: There's a there's a difference in Aaron Rodgers, as great as he is, even with the accolades.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, o Jo, I'm just I'm just just putting that out there.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: If I'm but if I'm I'm JAJ McCart, I'm like, bro, nah, because here's the thing, o Jo, He says.
Speaker 1: Another year now y'all talking about, because I don't want after that third year?
Speaker 3: What are quarterbacks normally get after that third year?
Speaker 1: They play?
Speaker 3: Oh they get that bag, bro, thank you? Yeah, they get that bad.
Speaker 2: Now, Minnesota gonna be tripping saying, well we only saw you one year. Well, that ain't my fault.
Speaker 4: I ain't got nothing to do with that in me.
Speaker 2: You're right, So look, and the thing isn't like he's waiting waiting. Look, at some point in time, John Steely, y'all need to make a decision. Yeah, you can't be held high did because he did that for green Bay for a number of years, Yes, and then green Bay got tired. Green Bay look had quarterbacks im in and and and they held them hostage for the extended period of time until green Bay said, later we find to take our organization back.
Speaker 1: We finna take our organization back.
Speaker 3: That's basically that's what they said, right.
Speaker 1: Uh uh. I don't know what Joe.
Speaker 2: Steelers and Giants are rating on Rogers Russell Wilson probably waiting on the.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Wait, so what what what would you do? You're the you're the guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're the general manager for the Giants Steelers Minnesota.
Speaker 1: What is what you're doing?
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: Let me put my GM hat on with it on. Let me let me act like I'm I'm Mike uh ten.
Speaker 1: What's the name, Mike Tanny bamb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mike Tannenbaum.
Speaker 4: Kay, I'm not giving Aaron Rodgers no time to even think about what he want to do.
Speaker 3: You know Where'm gonna go? Where I'm going to get Russell Wilson. I'm going to get Kirk Cousins because I know what I get with them individuals. I understand.
Speaker 1: I'm getting team players that are not are going that are not going to cause me any issues and no problems.
Speaker 3: Understanding that.
Speaker 4: In the draft, I'm probably going to get quarterbacks that will I'm hoping are the quarterbacks of the future for my franchise.
Speaker 3: Got you, and That's probably what I'm going to do.
Speaker 4: Guys that are gonna be all in high character guys, family men, both married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not waiting on a guy going into year twenty one, forty forty two years around. I'm not I'm not waiting on that. Tom brad Our. Wait, his track record speaks for himself. Is I ain't waiting on nobody else? You coming right? Okay? Fine, all right, now we gotta look. Okay, let's let's try.
Speaker 1: To construct this contract that Russe is amenable too. Yeah. H what about Russ and Minnesota?
Speaker 3: WHOA? I like that. I like the sound of that.
Speaker 1: Cause do I mean could you see Cousins going back to Minnesota?
Speaker 3: Ah, that's that's a possibility.
Speaker 2: He knows the system had great, had great, had some great years there.
Speaker 1: I just I mean for the Falcons.
Speaker 2: We I had this conversation with you, I said, Ojo, the best case scenario, I'm talking about the absolute best case scenario.
Speaker 1: You get two years. Yeah, because the first two years of Cousin's contract is one hundred million. You get him and then you move on.
Speaker 2: But Ojo, once, let's just face for the sake of argument, and that's what we do. Occasionally we argue, what happens if he only gives you a year? He didn't even give you a year.
Speaker 1: He gave you about twelve games, right, and now, look, unfortunately, if roster bonus came in, you had to pay twelve million. You still owe him another forty Now what you're gonna do? Ojo? You're stuck?
Speaker 2: Everybody know why would I Why would I trade for it and take on that forty million dollar contract? Why can't I just wait for you to cut it and do and do the same thing with Pittsburgh did the RUSS.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a minimum contract.
Speaker 2: Since at Lanta got a got a fut of forty million dollar bill, theyin't got nothing to do with me. I'm not taking that contract. The same thing with Cooper Cup. If somebody wants to give Cooper Cup fifteen million a year.
Speaker 1: That's fine. I ain't trained for it.
Speaker 2: Hey, first of all, I got to give you draft compensation and I've got to pick up that contract, and that no do.
Speaker 1: That's a non starting for me. So that's where they are on that.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, Coach Prime wants his team to be able to face an opponent and it's annual spring game instead of an inner squad scrimmage in the future. That's what I'm trying. That's what I'm trying to do right now, to have it competitive, playing against your own guys kind of get monotony sy. You really can't tell the levels of your guide. It is the same old, same old. Everybody kind of knows each other. Time said he wants to parent it like the NFL and have joint practice for a few days at the end of spring practice between two teams, between his team and an opponent, culminating with a game between the two teams as a spring game instead of a scrimmage. I think the public will be satisfied with that tremendously. I think it's a tremendous idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like it. I like it a lot. I like it a lot. It allows you to also gauge your players. It allows you to gauge your players on how much they've learned and how disciplined they are playing against another opponent, because, listen, you see each.
Speaker 3: Other over and over and over and over and over and.
Speaker 4: Over spring practice practice, practice, practice practice, and you're familiar with the offense, you know the plays, you know what's coming.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you cheat a little bit, especially defensively.
Speaker 4: They love cheating because they know what's coming based on formation recognition down the distance. But to play against a team that you don't know about, you don't know what's going on similar similar to having the game plan. You know for a team, you plan.
Speaker 3: On a Saturday. It's different here it is. It's different. You got to be honest, you got to play fair.
Speaker 2: But Ojo, I always practice was harder than the game for me, and I looked at it like this era.
Speaker 1: So let me get this right.
Speaker 2: A guy that's seen me every day, that's going against me every day, three days a week, training camp, many camp, oh ta's.
Speaker 1: He can't cover me.
Speaker 2: You think you're gonna watch film for three days and bring your answer in shut me down?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not, child here please, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: I'm cooking with Chris go man. Please.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that one. I like that one that ain't happening. Yeah, you see me on tape and you think you will come in here and shut me down.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: That ain't happening. O Joe Twitter compared to Travis Hunter o Jo scout scout D to me their stylistic receiver comparison. I haven't seen yet Travis Hunter O Yo Sinko, twitchy, agile, smooth lay Baker.
Speaker 3: I like that, but I'm six three.
Speaker 4: I like that, though I don't like how they did my my height I'm six three and I was two oh five, but I played.
Speaker 3: But I like the comparison. I like the comparison. Twitchy.
Speaker 4: He is very twitchy. He's very twitchy. He has great footwork, very athletic. He plays both sides of the ball like I do as well. Again, most of the people in the chat don't even understand. At Oregon State, I came in as a DV The DV room was full, so they moved me to receiver. Therefore, that's where my collegiate career started as a receiver.
Speaker 3: Same thing. Bango drafted me as a receiver.
Speaker 4: I tried to go back to defensive back and Dick Lebou told me no, So that's.
Speaker 3: Where my NFL career started as a receiver. I'm truly a dB.
Speaker 4: So what I'm seeing in Travis Hunter is what I used to look like in high school. A lot of people ain't know that I played both sides.
Speaker 1: Of the ball. They said, you ain't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah I ain't. Yeah, yeah, that that too. But I understand. Listen, I love the comparison. I love the comparison. He's a phenomenal talent and the one thing, the one thing that Travis Center has and that you need is not only confidence, but belief that I can do it. And with them two things there, anything is possible. Anything is possible. Let your check this out.
Speaker 2: Ball in backfires due to allegedly personal purchased over one million dollars worth of exotic animals to be transferred to Florida and then got denied by customs and the CDC.
Speaker 3: As you can see on the screen, and we got it on the screen. Ash uh.
Speaker 1: He bought one African lion male three hundred and seventy eight thousand, He brought one African lion female two hundred and sixty thousand. He brought purchase one Asian tiger female four hundred thighs thousand dollars. He purchased one adolescent black bear female one hundred and fifty thousand dollars for a grand total of one point one eight eight million, one million, one hundred eighty eight thousand.
Speaker 3: Man, who is fool?
Speaker 4: I say my grandma always said, a fool, a fool of their money, sell sells shoon soon part ways, and this is part of it. Now you know you can't have them, you can't domesticate them animals.
Speaker 3: You're not a part of those circus.
Speaker 4: You probably don't have a license that had them animals anyway, you don't have the permits.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what you need to.
Speaker 4: Have those kind of animals just randomly if you're not part of the circus or they're not, just who knows that.
Speaker 2: That's my credit goal. His name is Miami Credit Goal Exotic animals. Run me my bread back.
Speaker 4: And listen, dude, come on, man, you just wasted a million dollars. You know goodwell, you know good with them and one getting through clustoms.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, sneak that stuff.
Speaker 1: People be trying to sneak monkeys and snakes and turtles and stuff that you know, No, theyin't not supposed to happen.
Speaker 3: How you gonna sneak a lion and a bear? Way from Come on? Stop playing playing.
Speaker 1: I mean when you got when you get see when you got that kind of money? Oh Joe, And you don't give a f you do crazy stuff like this.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now if you say, hey, Shuldon, we got a couple of many goats, many cattle, Yeah, many people.
Speaker 1: Can see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't want no what I'm gonna do with a lion? A lion toll take down a thousand pound cake buffalo. What what a one hundred pound, two hundred pound man gonna do to a lion?
Speaker 1: A tiger? Look what they take.
Speaker 4: Down, even if you're trying domesticate him.
Speaker 3: At some point, you know what comes back in the play. Instinct instincts, the predatory instincts. Instinct.
Speaker 4: Instinct never goes anywhere. It never goes. I don't care how much you feed them. I don't care much you pet them. Oh, I care how much love you show? What something like that?
Speaker 3: Wild animal?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Look, I've been up close to I've been to the zoo, but I've been close to that, to a zoo. I went to Sick Friend Roy Rest their Soul, Yeah, and I was sitting on the end. I took my mom, I took my brother, my sister, my pops, Yeah, my brother's wife.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe.
Speaker 2: During the show six Friend Roy, the animals before they start the show, come down the aisle. All the white tigers and lions they got, O Joe. They are huge and tigers are bigger than lions.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I really I can just touch I can stick my hands out.
Speaker 1: And touch them if I wanted to. But that is what I did. I sid on my hand to make show my hands they get twitchy. And after we did that, it was like a month later Monte Core, which was their prize lion, we attack, uh.
Speaker 3: Roy see see what I mean?
Speaker 1: Oh No, I don't want no big ad four hundred line probably way about.
Speaker 2: I can't just imagine a cat weigh like three hundred, four hundred pounds, weighed like five hundreds.
Speaker 4: Hell, the funny thing about it, we just talked about, you know, being twitchy. Do you understand how quick and fast and agile just having a domesticated, just regular cat is mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Now at that time's twenty with a damn lion.
Speaker 2: Look take down line, take down a cape buffalo, elon a zebra. I ain't got Wheelderb's y'all can have that all of it, oh Joe. Most Americans spend their paychecks before money hits the bank account. A new survey finds that the average American mentally spends over half of their paycheck before it even arrives. The survey of two thousand workers earning under seventy five thousand reveals fifty nine percent pre planned expenses, with fifty one percent of their pay already allocated overdue bills thirty eight percent, mismatched living costs forty four percent contributed to the trend, Rent or mortgage fifty six percent, necessities fifty one percent, and utilities thirty eight percent take priority once the paycheck arives. The study also finds that forty three percent of a paycheck is spent within the first three days of receiving it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it happens. Listen, and it's just not our people. It's just not our people. That is an ongoing thing that's been going on for a very long time. And some people will say, well, we have no choice. We have no choice because we don't make enough. So therefore we have to overthink and overspend before we even.
Speaker 3: Get our check. That's why it's going. When people get they check, most of us going to bills right away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so you write, you right back in the hole, working again, just to pay for the next cycle of bills upsetting. Yep. And once you get behind, ain't no catching.
Speaker 3: Up, boy, it's his head to catch up. There ain't no catching up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Oh, I just read.
Speaker 3: I read.
Speaker 2: I read a study that said people that's making two hundred thousand dollars a year. Feel there living paycheck to paycheck. So what if somebody making two hundred thousand, feel there living paycheck the trade check right there here?
Speaker 3: You think somebody that's making seventy five thousand, right, Yeah, I could imagine.
Speaker 4: I could imagine and listen this only there's only there's only so many, so much downside.
Speaker 3: That you could do.
Speaker 4: You can you can be a you can only be a minimalist to a certain extent. You know, you still have to be able to live comfortably. And it's just you.
Speaker 2: You survived, You're not you're not living surviving. Yeah, there's a different there's a difference between the two. Trust be someone that survived.
Speaker 1: Oh minimum money right, yeah, and you know you Hey, well i'll pay this this month.
Speaker 3: Well okay, I'll pay that next month.
Speaker 1: They don't cut that, well they could fluke damn you come on and flip the lights, right, they got us? You come home? Ain't no gas? Right? Who?
Speaker 3: Who come home?
Speaker 1: Phone?
Speaker 3: Damn?
Speaker 1: So hey, hey, I know I know what it's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, no Joe, it's time five, final segment of the evening.
Speaker 1: It's time for Q and A.
Speaker 3: Damn my self, feel good tonight? Was that a them nest be working boy.
Speaker 2: Lesedrick g is their college football game with more talent than the twenty nineteen LSU Obama game. Joe Burrow number one overall, Chase, top five pick, JEDA, first round pick, Stingley top five.
Speaker 1: I think Stingley was the top five pick. Wasn't he Top ten pick?
Speaker 2: Two Up, top five pick, Wattle, top five pick, Rugs, top fifteen pick, Davonte top ten pick, Judy top pick, top fifteen pick, Mica Fitzpatrick, ni Gie, Harris HM. They had some talent out there, not to mention the offensive line on Joe. Also on that was Clyde Edwards Laire. He was a running back.
Speaker 3: They were loaded, super stuper duper loaded.
Speaker 2: Patrick Queen, if I'm not mistaken with a linebacker, they had some talent out there. King Payne say, what off season draft moves do the Ravens need to make the win this year?
Speaker 1: We have eleven picks in the draft and the draft.
Speaker 2: Two are in the fourth round and four in the Okay two are in the fourth round, four in the sixth round. Should we trade up for Travis? You ain't getting Travis. They're not mortgage all that trade for vet dB. Love what you think? What did the Ravens need to do? Oo?
Speaker 1: They got eleven picks in the draft, two in the fourth and fourth uh and uh in the fourth round, and four in the sixth round.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm not I'm not about improving the Ravens at all, but just just yes for listen, just for conversational purposes, what could the Ravens do?
Speaker 3: Just be confessed, Yeah, can listen.
Speaker 1: They got Kyle.
Speaker 3: We need the Ravens. We need that Ravens team.
Speaker 2: Oho, that Lamar Jackson looks ungodly in the regular season. We just need that guy to show up one time when in a championship game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kill me the time chat and I love Baltimore Bravey y'all showed up. Tell me the time in the championship game that he showed up, because think about it, he'll had what he had less than five turnovers, he had less than five interceptions all season?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all season?
Speaker 2: Room, So he just need he just needs to be Lamar Jackson, that guy that can go into the phone booth, he goes in as Clark Kent and comes out of Superman.
Speaker 1: And they just need to have that guy when it matters the most. That's it. They don't even look they win these games, that mean they win twelve games, they be number one seed.
Speaker 3: They just needed to be that. That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously you're gonna try to improve. Maybe you get some depth at the wide receiver. I see they lost one of the dbs, so you're probably gonna have to bring a DV in two of the safeties if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 1: Moved on. So yeah, obviously, but this comes down to Lamar. Yeah, Lamar, just Lamar needs to be that super that superhero that we see in weeks one through eighteen. That's what he needs to be.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Can go on, Oh Joe, the only thing Cincinnati running is putting Chilei into spaghetti. I'd like to tell my family who lived there, let that Super Bowl run go. Y'all haven't done nothing since. Bear down.
Speaker 3: Listen, I love you, I love you. I'm listen.
Speaker 4: I'm happy that you're a raven supporter. Other than that, this is the new year. This is the new year, and you're probably living off the past, which which which you're you're you're a.
Speaker 3: Prisoner of the moment. I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: Ahead of time, and I'm really wrong, especially when it comes to football and knowing how the season will go.
Speaker 3: I have the script. I shouldn't have missaying this, but I got the script. You got the script. Yeah, I got the script.
Speaker 4: And I'm telling you the esc North is coming through Cincinnati right now. If you got, if you and if you in Baltimore, I come and sit with you at m n T Bank Stadium and watch the game when y'all when we play the Bengals, okay, and I sit there with you and and and help you warm and whoop y'all ass paul.
Speaker 1: Us Chris Curry Bengals history equal paying five hundred and twenty million for three guys with no defense in sight. Gold Ravens, Hey, we got a defense, okay, and you're gonna see it this year.
Speaker 4: Every team has to have an identity, Okay. Our identity is on offense.
Speaker 3: And we'll do what we need to do defensively.
Speaker 4: We got a new defensive coordinator in Okay, this ain't this same with you, This ain't last year, This ain't twenty twenty four. So you get together now, all the Ravens fans that's mounting off to night. What you don't want to do is piss me off, because if I get pissed off, it ain't.
Speaker 6: Gonna be pretty. But yeah, you gook do Kareem abdul. He can have a hart. He can have a har a tar. My name is Sharp. Michelle Hunter moderating nightcap.
Speaker 2: While sitting on his lap, I drank water from a table. Doctor Frankie allabellam nick knack, Paddy whack, unks, kanyak naybe, roast, barks, bubble sparks, ring the doorbell? How is gonna bark.
Speaker 1: Leagas in five?
Speaker 2: Vivia nechum. I just got my nackcap be in it and it's soft and warm and beautiful. Thank you Vivian for your support. Sarah, p uh, what's your favorite? Who's your favorite?
Speaker 1: Uh? Uh Zeke Pistons highlight? Oh Joe, what's your favorite? Uh? Megatron highlight? Man? O? What's that? When Zeke was coming up? What was it?
Speaker 2: Was he coming in before we saw Kyrie and Rod Strickland. Nobody can have the ball like ze because he can pat that thing too. I mean z Be coming down there sitting that think his leg.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: People don't realize how good Isaiah Thomas was. People don't realize that led lead Indiana to the national championship as a sophomore. Uh in eighty one goes into the NBA boom puts it work. Zeke Many. I love Zeke. As a matter of fact, I called he the other day, he gonna come on. Yeah, yeah, we don't get ze to come on when he playing with the playoffs start.
Speaker 1: We don't give because I gotta save it. I gotta save my favorite.
Speaker 3: Hey, my my favorite, my favorite? Uh I think it was? It was it the Mangals.
Speaker 1: No, it was, uh yeah what he called. We jumped over three people to come the Cowboys. No, he did on y'all too. Don't don't put that on the Cowboys, y'all too. He went for three twenty nine against the Cowboys. I thought he gonna get flipped that day because Flip got free fifteen for three thirty nine.
Speaker 2: Against the Saints, and that's my guy. Flipped, my guy. Hey, Brian Bile said, un get on your mother show. That being said, I need y'all to make a visit to my gym in New York, Bell Francis Fowerhouse and.
Speaker 1: Son set.
Speaker 2: I guess I just said the Mecca. We have signed photos up on the wall. We gotta get o yo.
Speaker 1: I know Bev.
Speaker 2: I knew her ex Steve Steve, and I just saw him at the at the the Olympia. Steve used to come down the road man in Atlanta train with us, so I know Steve. I know a lot of the jukes. I know most of the judges, not all of them. Jim Jam I know then I know a lot of them because I used to be biging about it.
Speaker 1: But I used to go to all the shows. You know.
Speaker 2: They always took care of me, you know, surprised that I would show up. I'll be backstage talking to the guys. That's how I met Roddy Rodny, Chris Kramer, Flex, Sean Ray, Nasa, Paul Richard Spari. You know all those guys, Lee Freeze, that ballet Goo sat up there and say, oh, look like a ball flavor flave.
Speaker 1: Damn Oo.
Speaker 3: Who's talking about me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I look like a ball flavor flav. What But listen, are they trying to say which one we looking like flavor flav?
Speaker 4: I mean, what are you trying to say? What are you trying to insinuate? What are you getting that?
Speaker 1: Nah? My boy, don't let no flavor play Okay, okay, Like I'm a two thousand and seventy sixties man alive, so I'm trying to understand what you're trying to get at, you know. Yeah, stop playing Connor with a k hey unkin O yo. Love the show, y'all. Get me through the workday as a Viking fan.
Speaker 2: I will wonder if you guys had it in John Rendall's story, John, I don't think nobody talked more than Johnny that Joe didn't shut up?
Speaker 1: O yo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was a trip bro.
Speaker 1: J He was funny.
Speaker 3: They were funny with They were funny and dead serious at the same time. Dead dead serious.
Speaker 2: I mean undersized. Got the undrafted free agent?
Speaker 3: Yeah, got it out in the camp. Mmm, got it at the mud.
Speaker 1: Uh. Hey.
Speaker 2: He had very very similar upbringing, is what we had. Go look at his story. Yeah, and see how they grew up J two one three say hey, unco yo, hope you guys last for your mount rushmore for people, uh, for athletes who end their career potentially robbed by injury.
Speaker 1: Sterling and Gray Hill got to be on there. Who you got, yo?
Speaker 4: Jackson, Mike Irving bo Jackson's one of them. Peter Warrick, Peter Warck knee injury to me, to me still and I will I will die on this hill. The greatest collegiate receiver of all time. I know Randy Moss was good. I understand, I understand what did I know what Larry Fitzgerald did. I understand that. I understand he went to the coffin. Yeah, I understand what he did. What's my young boy from West Virginia name the real deal? Hey, Tavon Austin probably got the greatest highlight tape of all time high school and college.
Speaker 3: Something about Peter M. F. Warrick.
Speaker 4: If you watch the film, you will understand. You understand, man. Yeah, Reggie Bush was exciting. But Reggie Bush is easy for a running back to get. You know, you hand the ball off to him and he does what he does. It's different when you got somebody that's like Reggie Bush at the receiver position, where.
Speaker 1: When the ball is coming his way, you hold your breath because you don't know what the hell can happened. True, man, you had to be there. I would put Bo Jackson, I would put Brandon Roy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Probably I'm putting my brother brand Hill because man before Grant had that ankle injury.
Speaker 3: You were nasty boy. The fee laws.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kareeb my dudes saying, was Richard Bezil Shallnon's best quarterback? Man, I wish you had Basis.
Speaker 2: If I'd have had Basil, if I'd have had Basil on my sophomore year, well look, I had him for two years. The thing was that Coach Davis, our coach, rested soul. Coach is that we gotta lead. Coach would take you out of the game. So there was a game my senior O Joe I had. I had six catches for a buck fifty in the first quarter and didn't play no more.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: But coach said, he said, I say, coach, come on, Coach, I said, Coach, I'm trying to you know, I want to scouts to see what I could do. He said, son, if I put you back in the game and you get hurt out there, for give myself.
Speaker 3: Okay, I understand. I understand it from that standpoint.
Speaker 1: I woult to understand it because I'm trying. If I got one fifty in the first corner, how many am I going for? O Joe tub and two tubs? At least three yes, oh that. Somebody said, who that grand heel Penny hardaway man Penny needs gave out on him? A yeah, Penny Penny was like that. Chris said, what's linebacker? Safety? Cover you the best at what corner for you? O? Joe?
Speaker 2: Also, Nick Chubb broke his foot too late last season in the game.
Speaker 1: Do y'all think he can still make an impact safety? Lineback? Wasn't no linebacker?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: The person that covered me the best was Albra Lewis. Albert Lewis made me force me to become a Hall of Fame player because I wanted to beat that joker so bad. He was in Kansas City. Yeah, he was in Kansas City and then he went to the Raiders. So I had to deal with that joke with twice a year, and I felt if I could beat him, I could be anybody.
Speaker 1: Yes, Sair, who was it for you? Joe? For me?
Speaker 3: Obviously?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That to this and that two thousand and nine season was remarkable by any dB. We probably would never see a DV have a season like that against Hall of Fame receivers and do what he did umbly. I think he kept everybody under fifty yards if I'm not mistaken. You have everybody under fifty FN yards the entirety of the season, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, myself, Uh, somebody else.
Speaker 3: You got to look at the list and what he's doing.
Speaker 4: And there's some other there's some other players that have had great games against me, obviously because they played in our division.
Speaker 3: Saluta Ike Taylor loved the battles. Boy, I love you, boy.
Speaker 4: I ain't seen you in a minute. Lee Boden, I'm trying. I'm trying to think who else you know in the division. Because they we saw each other so often and so much. You know, they understood that Tennessee's they knew my moves, they knew they knew the game plan. So it's kind of different. But you know, they gave me hell man I Tina gave me hell. Boy, Jesus Christ and Lee Barden they gave me hell. And that's I mean outside of that. When it when it came to playing outside of the division, man was it wasn't it was cookies, and I mean I mean no disrespect, it was it was cookies.
Speaker 2: Tams bid uh b y d. I guess that's Tams. The river, tams Uh, hey you, I want to give you. I want to give a shout out to my baby girl, Leah Leah on her tenth birthday and let her know her dad loves her very much. Leah, your dad loves you very much. His name is Tims. I think that's how you.
Speaker 1: Said th h U A m e s like the river, so we'll go with that.
Speaker 2: So happy birthday, Leah. I guess that's what you know. The people got these these funny spellings of the name.
Speaker 1: But happy tenth birthday. Hopefully you enjoyed your day.
Speaker 2: Hopefully your daddy took you somewhere special, got some ice cream, got a new outfit.
Speaker 1: But happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for supporting Nightcap and Oho Audition. That concludes this edition of Nightcap, brought to you by Boost Mobile. Visit your nearest boost Mobile store or boostmobile dot com to join their nationwide five G network.
Speaker 1: Today. I'm your favorite AUC Shannon Shark. That's o Jo.
Speaker 2: You know, the Bengal Ring of Fame, arnter Reed, the Pro Bowls, the All Pro the Liberty City Legend.
Speaker 1: As my co host, Please make sure you hit that like button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from every podcast subscriber counts.
Speaker 2: We thank you for your continued and loyal support. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. I want to thank you Atlanta for showing up again Kanya's, Jack's Beer Wine and Spirits, Towers Beer Wine and Spirits.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Thank you Kanye's for showing up for your boy supporting Shae by Laportier. Now, if you cannot find it any city or state near you, order it, we'll ship it directly to your door. Please drink responsibly and stay safe out there. Go follow my media company page on all of his platforms, shay Shape Media and my clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. Everything is restocked. The link is pined at the top of the chat. Supplies are limited. Once they're gone, they're gone, so please get yours while supplies last. We want to thank ke On Coleman for joining us Boston. Prayers go up to Tracy Morgan. Hopefully everything turns out okay. He had an illness at Madison Square Garden. He was taken out in a wheelchair, taken to a local hospital for further evaluation. So our thought some prayers go up to him. Thank you guys for joining us again for nightcap.
Speaker 1: I'm up. He's Ojo. We'll see you on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Ay, and before y'all leave, y'all give Jane Harrison message for me.
Speaker 3: You're done. Buco the volume