Speaker 1: What's up everybody.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the special edition of The Steph n. A. Smith Show, coming in you on Christmas Day over the digital airways of YouTube and of course iHeartRadio. Can't thank y'all enough for the love of supporter as we rapidly climb to a million subscribers. Couldn't appreciate enough the love and support that you've given this show.
Speaker 1: I thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Obviously, during this Christmas season, a lot of people might look at life trials and tribulations and what have you, and find yourself a bit melancholy, if not flat out sad in some instances. But for the most part, hope springs eternal and there's always a reason to be optimistic, to smile, and to think about the joy that has been brought to your life, well during this time of year, especially when it comes to the little kiddies out there, cause you.
Speaker 1: Know Stevie kids, he sure does.
Speaker 2: When you think about joy, you think about Santa Claus, you think about the North Pole, you think about the Reindeers. You think about this person, this mythical figure that comes into your home while you're asleep and slides presents under.
Speaker 1: The Christmas treet to a lot of people's fantasy.
Speaker 2: To some people, it's a reality even within the crevices of their mind that's worth holding on.
Speaker 1: Too, because obviously it evokes joy, and we never ever get tired of that.
Speaker 2: So I was thinking about something, and something came to my mind, and I said, the one thing in my career that I've never done in my life was actually have a conversation.
Speaker 1: With Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: Little lolde me climbing up there in age, you would think that Santa Claus ain't a part of my imagination, ain't a part of my mine at the part of my life. But like I told you, I like to smile, I like to laugh, I like joy, I like to bring joy.
Speaker 1: I like to receive joy.
Speaker 2: And during this time of year, who better to communicate that with than one and only Santa Claus himself.
Speaker 1: Now, how am I gonna talk to him? Am I gonna go to the North Paul? Nope? Is he gonna be his studio? Nope?
Speaker 2: But in the age of technology, not that's necessary.
Speaker 1: Simple link connecting him to a camera and the feed has him right in front of me talking to me. Stephen A and Santa Claus and his house. I like that. I like that. That's up next. Don't go away.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody, you know what time it is, It's toime for stephen A Sports Picks.
Speaker 1: Do you realize how excited in this how many years? Especially for me? Obviously it's a holiday season.
Speaker 2: But we also got football, basketball, hockey, and college games being played every day, and that's why we partner with Prospects, the largest fantasy sports platform and all the lamb to turn that big time game action in the real time cash.
Speaker 1: You see what Prospects.
Speaker 2: You simply choose two to three or even up to six of your favorite players and then choose more or less on their projected stats for the game on contest. And because it's December, it's now picksmus at Prospects.
Speaker 1: Okay, It's a great.
Speaker 2: Time to join this holiday season because Prospects is given away two free picks in December and thirty million dollars.
Speaker 1: In rewards during Picksmuths.
Speaker 2: So make sure make your holidays big and brighter with Prospects, a great place to get real money action while watching your favorite sport and making your picks in less than sixty seconds and turn your sports opinions and the real money all season long again on Prospects. Download the apt today and use the code say get fifty dollars instantly after you play your.
Speaker 1: First five dollar line up. Again, down load the app and use the code to.
Speaker 2: Get fifty dollars instantly after your first five dollar lineup.
Speaker 1: Prospects, run your game today.
Speaker 2: I'll be picking for today's Christmas NFL games.
Speaker 1: First up, Chiefs quarterback Patrick.
Speaker 2: Mahomes facing the Steelers defense more or less the charge of the fifty and a half passing yards. It is Patrick mahoone, y'all, I'm running out of I'm really running out of denials. I watch, you know, Pachecko and them get injured earlier in the season at the running back spot. This guy finds a way. Okay, Shei Rice is out for the season, and Worthy is just a rookie, and Travis Kelsey doesn't seem to be what he wants was or whatever the case may be, and you're looking at the compromising of their passing game.
Speaker 1: Patrick Mahomes finds away.
Speaker 2: It just doesn't stop with this guy. Whatever you think he can he can't do. He goes out there and shows you it's exactly what the hell he's going to do. And even though the Steelers defense is something to behold, it ain't be yelling on the peel to see Patrick Mahomes passing for more than two hundred and fifty and a half yards.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with more, just because it's Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Next up, Pittsburgh Steels quarterback Russell Wilson playing in Kasa City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: More or lessan two hundred.
Speaker 2: And twenty one and a half passing yards, I'm gonna go with less. I don't appreciate what I saw Russell Wilson do this past weekend in Baltimore. I was there in attendance, freezing my butt off, hanging out with the governor of Maryland, mister west Wall, who I think has got a shot to be the next president of the United States in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 1: But that's in aside.
Speaker 2: The man is a huge, huge Ravens fan and was talking a lot of smack.
Speaker 1: To me all game, loll.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then I rotch Russell Wilson scramble get a first down, and then some runs all the way down in the three yard line that forgets the slide and get down gets popped, fumbles the ball Ruins are scoring opportunity for the Pittsburgh Steelers, they end losing the game. Russell Wilson, by the way, hasn't had George Pickens over the last three games. He's looked relatively pedestrian without Pickings, who's expected to be back, But we don't know yet if he's gonna be back from that hamstring injury.
Speaker 1: Until further notice.
Speaker 2: I gotta go with less on this one, by Russell Wilson, I just have to, Okay. Next up, Baltimore Ravens signal caller, the one and only Lamar Jackson, two time league MVP, facing the Texans more or less than two hundred and sixteen and a half pass yards is Lamar Jackson, because we'll go with more, Okay, not. The only way he's gonna get less is if they're giving the ball to Derek Henry about thirty times. If it ain't for that reason, Lamar Jackson's gonna have more than two hundred and sixteen and a half passing yards.
Speaker 1: The brother's been balling all year long.
Speaker 2: Finally, Houston Texans quarterback CJ. Stroud going up against the Baltimore Ravens defense more or less than two hundred and fifty one and a half passing yards. There's always been question marks about Baltimore's secondary.
Speaker 1: CJ. Stroud obviously can ball, but he just losts Tank down now.
Speaker 2: He lost Stefon Diggs earlier in the season, and this time with a separated kneecap on the part of Tank Dell that had CJ. Stroud crying. I feel real, really bad for him. The weapons have dissipated to some degree, and I don't know who he's gonna have to throw the football too. I really don't. And that's why I got to go with less than this. So let's recap all of these picks right here. We got Patrick Mahomes more because he's Patrick Mahomes, we got Lamar Jackson more demit because he's Lamar Jackson. And then we've got less for Russell Wilson because I'm disappointed at him, and we got less for CJ. Stroud because he's bereft of weapons. That's really what this comes down to. It makes sense now, you would say what, and I would say, of course.
Speaker 1: Because of surprise picks. We always make sense always. Now for those of you who don't know, you should know this by now.
Speaker 2: I consider myself to be one of the hardest working people out here, but nothing I do compares to the work this man did all year long, and especially the work he's put in across the globe.
Speaker 1: For the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: My guest today on his very special Christmas edition to the Stephen A. Smith Show is none other than Santa Claus himself, coming to us live back at his home in the North Pole for this postgame interview. How you doing, Santa, how's everything going?
Speaker 3: I'm great, Steven, thank you for having me Marry Christmas to you and yours.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I hope you had a I'm sure you've made wonderful Christmases for so many people across the world.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, Sam, I got to start here.
Speaker 2: You've been doing this for centuries now, delivering gifts the billions of kids in a single night. What's the secret to maintaining this kind of longevity?
Speaker 1: Give me that.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's putting together the right team. I've worked with my l's for years and they're the best. Missus Clause make sure that we get everything done on time, so I can't take all the credits.
Speaker 4: It's everyone here at the north Pole.
Speaker 1: Why we talking pure magic?
Speaker 2: Are you talking about some kind of supernatural performance regiment or something?
Speaker 1: That's what I want to know.
Speaker 4: You want all the secrets now?
Speaker 3: Went on what I have to be honest, there's a lot of magic involved and I can't reveal those kind of secrets.
Speaker 4: But I just I want to give credit to the team here.
Speaker 2: Is there anything that stood out about the year twenty twenty four compared to years past?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm glad you asked. We, in conjunction with NASA, last launched a new satellite. We call it north Pole two, and it connects with the sleigh and so we get real reports on weather. It gives us a tracking GPS to get the maximum trajectory to get to all the billions of children, and also it keeps an update on the naughty and Nice list for us, and then it tells me if the children are awake or asleep, so that we can skip those houses where the children are still sleeping.
Speaker 4: Well, that was a big new feature this year.
Speaker 2: So, Sanna, are you saying that you would actually skip homes for people who have been naughty? You would actually go right past it. Being the wonderful, good hearted person that you are. If somebody was a little bit naughty, you would have forgive them.
Speaker 1: And you just go right past the house.
Speaker 3: Well, if they're still awake, I can't deliver the gifts if they're still awake.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Let's be real about something here, because you know I cover sports and every year the naughty list gets a little bit longer. Do you ever feel like you're losing the locker room sort of speak?
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a good question, you know, Steve.
Speaker 3: And I think there is naughty and nice and all of us, and so I like to choose to look at the nice and people, and so you're right. Sometimes I do overlook the naughty and people so that I can bring them gifts. But you know, I think the way we stay on the naughtier nice list, really it depends I know only who we are as a person, but takes coaches and teachers and parents all working together to keep us on the nice list.
Speaker 1: Santa, what's the deal with the cookies? Man? What's it with the cookies?
Speaker 4: Man? I love cookies. I tell you, I eat a lot of cookies.
Speaker 2: Eat billions of them. It seems like in one night, man, how do you have like the I mean, don't you have like the worst cholesterol numbers in history?
Speaker 1: Isn't that true? Santa?
Speaker 4: Oh, now you're sounding like missus Claws?
Speaker 1: Is that what she says?
Speaker 4: She says, stay.
Speaker 3: Away from those cookies, Santa, eat more broccoli and eat your greens. But it's one night out of the year, so I think I can eat some cookies.
Speaker 2: But isn't that, dear, I say, isn't that being naughty? Not listening to missus Claws? I mean that falls under the naughty list?
Speaker 3: Well, she she knows I'm going to do it. She just has to give me good advice before I go.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite treat to be left by family leaves on Christmas Eve?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, I love cookies, and and different parts of the world have different cookies, and so I have favorite cookies in different places. And so even missus Claus says, make sure you bring me some of those when you come back, or don't forget my favorite cookies.
Speaker 4: So I just love cookies.
Speaker 1: So selfish purposes. Where's the best place I can get chocolate chip cookies?
Speaker 3: Oh, there's a place in Indiana outside of Terra Hope.
Speaker 4: They've got the best cookies.
Speaker 1: They got the best. It's nice, warm and chewy.
Speaker 4: Oh perfect weather, cand iced cold glass of milk.
Speaker 2: Got me like you now, that's right, that's right. That's how much I love my chocolate chips. I'm gonna put you on a spot here, Santa. Out of all the Rain did, who's the mvp?
Speaker 3: Okay, boy, that is on the spot. Uh, I've got to be honest with you. We've got a new recruit. He's been trying to get into the team of pulling the sleigh. He's been trying for the last few years. His name's Randall. I will tell you even now. I mean he's not too good, but he really put it together. When he was starting, he would hit snow banks and trash cans and mailboxes, but he tried so hard. He's our MVP for this year. Randall the Reindeer.
Speaker 1: Oh, any of them trying to get engage a load management. That's a problem in the world of sports.
Speaker 2: They're looking for low management. They looking with time off all the time. But the rain is looking for any time off.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah. They're treated really well. They're treating like rock stars around here.
Speaker 1: About, but they're looking for time off. And what do you say? When they want time.
Speaker 3: Off, well, you know, obviously around Christmas time. No, But when it gets a little little closer in the in the spring, summer, they can have some time off.
Speaker 2: Now, Sana, I you know, I try to be a good man, I try to be a good human being, and I certainly try to be a good uncle.
Speaker 1: But I got a knucklehead for a nephew.
Speaker 2: He gets on my last nerves, you know, and he's on every naughty list that I could possibly think of. Is my nephew Josh on your naughty list as well?
Speaker 1: Or is he on a nice list?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you Steven.
Speaker 3: The legal elves have told us that I can't disclose someone else's naughty or nice just between you and me. Uh, Josh just really just sticks on that naughty lists.
Speaker 1: On a naughty list too much?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: How do you rectify that? Do you? How do you get him straight? How do you get him right?
Speaker 4: I don't know. You've tried, I've tried. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Lastly, you've been right, you know what, You've been rocking the same suit for Century Center. Have you ever thought have you ever thought about switching it up a little bit? I mean you're getting a new suit. Have you ever thought about that some Jordan's to match the slaves.
Speaker 4: Something like that.
Speaker 3: When you look as good as I do, why would you change? You know, I've got an image, I've got a look. I'm recognizable all over the world, which when I want to go incognito when I don't wear this suit.
Speaker 4: Now, people don't know who I am.
Speaker 3: So I can be at the beach having a nice Island tropical shirt and people might look at me because.
Speaker 4: I'm pale white, but they don't know what's me.
Speaker 2: Has anybody ever told you look like Andy Reid, the head coach for the Kansas.
Speaker 4: City I've been told that before.
Speaker 2: Santa Claus himself right here with stephen A up next with the tweets.
Speaker 1: Thanks Santa Claus stick I ran all.
Speaker 2: Right, I need all of you to stop what you're doing right now listen up here at the stephen A.
Speaker 1: Smith Show.
Speaker 2: And then everything I do, I'm in it to win it. Everyone likes to win. That's why I show us the side of the team over with the prize picks. I remember because number one Fantasy Sports at with over three minute million members to help you turn all your sports knowledge and there's some big time cash you see. Prize Picks is a daily fantasy app where you just choose between two and six players from any of the sports you love to watch, and then pick more or less on the projective stats for the game. Think James Cooke will get more than sixty yards this weekend?
Speaker 1: How about Joe Burrow? Will he pass for more than one and a half touchdowns?
Speaker 2: Create hot takes with your friends and when real money this football season when.
Speaker 1: You and your crew run your game on Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: And because it's December, it's now picksmos at Prize Pects. It's a great time to join this holiday season because Prize Pects is giving away two free picks in December and thirty million dollars in.
Speaker 1: Rewards during picksmoths.
Speaker 2: That's right, Prospects is giving away a million dollars to whichever member cash is a lineup with the highest multiplier through twelve twenty five.
Speaker 1: That would be Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: Y'all cast the highest multiplier win one million dollars in cash.
Speaker 1: Now that's the holiday spirit.
Speaker 2: Make your holidays bigger and brighter with Prize Picks, the best place to get real money action while watching your favorite Sports check out the Nicola Jokic free pick on Prize Picks app. It's live now and available until tip off of the Nuggets Suns game at ten thirty pm Eastern Time on Christmas Night. If Nicola Jokic scores more than zero and a half points on Christmas Day, users who select more win on top of the chance at one million dollars, Prize Fects is members covered with daily rewards through Christmas. All members have to do is place a lineup and they'll receive a free lineup or payout boost the following day.
Speaker 1: Download the app today.
Speaker 2: And use the code sas to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollar lineup.
Speaker 1: Again, download the app and use the code.
Speaker 2: Sas to get fifty dollars instantly after your five dollars lineup.
Speaker 1: Prize Picks run your game. Welcome back to Steven A.
Speaker 2: Smith Show with his special guest, Santa Claus himself post Christmas.
Speaker 1: Celebrate and talking about a few things. We got a bunch of.
Speaker 2: Folks out there tweeting the show, Santa. They wanted to hear from you and I so I wanted to show you some of these tweets to see what they had to say. Let's take a look at it right now. First up, what's that Merrion Webster's Dictionary. What is the most underrated word in the dictionary?
Speaker 1: Santa? What would that.
Speaker 4: Be underrated word? Yes?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Yes? Oh, I don't know. I guess I'd say being nice.
Speaker 2: I was getting ready to say kindness, great minds stigga line, great mind.
Speaker 1: Stigga life, kind step, kindness.
Speaker 2: It is the Christmas spirit, right, That's what I'm talking about here. People need to be nice, not naughty, and kindness falls in line with nice.
Speaker 1: So we'll do that one. Next tweet, what you got for us?
Speaker 2: This says if AI robots became a household item, what would you have them do?
Speaker 1: Santa Claus?
Speaker 4: Wow, I would have them bake more cookies.
Speaker 1: Disagree?
Speaker 2: You know what I'd say, I'd have them take out the garbage, because after I eat, I don't feel like getting them to take out the garbage. I want them to take out the garbage. That's just me, Santa. I like my answer better than yours on that one. Let's go to the next tweet, Christmas ham question mark or another Christmas turkey?
Speaker 1: Santa Claus, which way you.
Speaker 3: Going, I'm gonna say, why not both? What's wrong with some ham and some turkey?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go I'm not gonna eat the pork. I'm gonna stay away from the ham, Santa, and not on that because I think that's gonna elevate my cholesterol level as well. And turkey is more in line with some protein that you need to fuel the body. So I'm gonna go with the protein. Santas you are you cool with that?
Speaker 4: You're that's fine?
Speaker 3: But you know, for a guy that eats cookies, a lot of cookies, I'm not really worrying about my Waistelet I hear you.
Speaker 1: I hear next tweet two more to go.
Speaker 2: Hey stephen A, if you have to pick your top five Christmas movies, what would they be. I'm not really in the Christmas movie center. I need your help with that. I like This Christmas. I loved that movie. It's a couple of others that I could think of, but I'm really not in the Christmas movies.
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 3: I really like the ones that Tim Allen did. He did a really good guy with the Santa Claus. Okay, Tim called me and got some tips about how to play me and so I think Tim kind of nailed it there.
Speaker 2: I like Bad Santa, believe it or not. I don't really offind you, sir, but I did like Bad Center with Billy Bob Thornton.
Speaker 1: I did like Bad Center.
Speaker 4: Well, he didn't do a bad job, he did.
Speaker 1: Different, different kind of center. I got it last tweet. What you got for us as of right now?
Speaker 2: What's your number one New Year's resolution Center?
Speaker 3: Oh, this is an easy one. I'm making every year. Eat less cookies.
Speaker 1: Eat less cookies.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm along the same line as you in terms of cutting down on even more candy and getting myself in better shape, better health.
Speaker 4: All right, and make Josh off the naughty list.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's any hope in pulling that off. Josh has been on the Naughty list for thirty six years.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's interesting in getting off of it.
Speaker 2: Sam, I appreciate you man, Thank you so much, buddy.
Speaker 1: You take care of right. See you next year, See you next year. That's it for this edition to the Stephen A. Smith Show. Hope y'all enjoyed it. I know I did.
Speaker 2: Post Christmas celebration, all of that stuff. I'll be seeing y'all within the next few days to bring in the new year just right. Until then, I'm signing off with Stephen that peace of love everybody