Speaker 1: First Date is follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Rachel is on the phone today for our first Day follow up and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Zaye. So in a few minutes we'll call him and see I feels else why he's ghostinger, and maybe get her a second date if she still wants one. But first, Rachel, how long has it been since you heard from Zay?
Speaker 3: It's been five days since I heard from Zay.
Speaker 1: Okay, because we're not counting or anything, right, Oh no, we're definitely not kidding.
Speaker 2: Now, Okay, how have you tried to reach out to it?
Speaker 3: I have, and like, you know, I heard from him like right after our date, like that night, and like everything seemed chill, and then I heard nothing after that. Oh yeah, And like he even posted some stuff on his like is the story about the we went to a concert? And you know he also actually like posted it in his grid and stuff like that, and people who have commented on it, he's responded to them there. So I guess if you can respond on Instagram, why can't you respond to your day? Yeah? So that's like me the big like, uh, oh, what's going.
Speaker 2: On, dude, all right, tell us about the date and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we like met at this venue in and it was this total dive bar like vibes. It was very tounk energy, like we had message on and off about the band that we both happened to like have tickets to this underground indie group thing like so it was just perfect. It was like, you know, a thing that we're both into, you know, and like it was a blast. We were in the front row. We were like both super sweating and dancing and screaming the lyrics, like he actually knew all the lyrics, like so he wasn't a poser, you know what I mean. And it just felt like we were teams again, like you know, he told me close during this one like slow build song, and like we made out hard in the front row, no shame, like teenagers. Like it was so good. Yeah, like you know, like it got a little handsy, but like I'm not gonna lie, like it felt like natural and like in the moment, it wasn't anything like sleepy, so he wasn't like there were no bad vibes or like red flags like the night of the day, you know, mm hm.
Speaker 2: Did you guys do anything after the concert?
Speaker 3: I mean, we didn't do anything like after the concert, you know, like we were outside and like talk and stuff a bit, but like you know, we didn't. We didn't go to like you know, like to take a coffee or something afterwards. It was just a concert. We were staying up pretty late.
Speaker 2: You know, Okay, it was okay, you know, we.
Speaker 3: Felt like seeing at that point, it was like I'm try, yeah.
Speaker 1: Is there anything that happened then during the concert or any point that may have been why he's gone?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Like it felt so real and like honestly, like so many guys pretend to like live music and stuff, but like Zain actually knew this stuff, like I said, like he was scream singing the lyrics and he knew all of them, like he didn't have to try hard. He was like actually into it like I am. So I don't know, it felt real, Like there are definitely some guys who like you know, again, I guess they're just posers who like try to be like, oh yeah I love pop punk still.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, Well, why do you think he's ghosting you?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Like so like maybe like when we were outside, like it was freezing, so I asked him for his jacket, and like jokingly I said, like, oh, a real gentleman would have offered it to me by now, and like we both laughed and like then he gave his jacket to me and like kissed me on the cheek and like it was kind of like a stiffer kiss than like I mean a full on makeout like we did in the front row. But like I don't know, he said, like, oh, you didn't give me a chance to be a gentleman before you just took it and like laugh and walked away. So it seemed very like oh, like I don't know, it was flirty, but like weird maybe like maybe I offended him by asking for his jacket. I don't know, it's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be a strange reason to go somebody, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like and he gave me the jacket, like if he was like hah no, and then didn't and it was like, oh I said something wrong, or like I really offended him. I don't think, like I have his jacket, like he didn't even take it with him at the end of the night. So it also felt like he's letting me wear his jacket and I'll give it to him, like back to him on the second date.
Speaker 1: Maybe he just felt weird that you got to it first, because you know, dudes can be like that, like if it's not their idea or if they're not the ones in control, they get all weird.
Speaker 2: I mean, which again it would be a stupid.
Speaker 3: Reason, but just you know, especially because I have his jacket like I have it. Yeah, don't go see if you want your clothes back?
Speaker 2: All right, well we'll see if that is the reason. We'll play a song come back, and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you a second date. Okay, okay, all right, we'll get your first day follow up next. If you're just joining us for today's first Day follow up. Rachel is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Zaine. So in a second we're going to call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghostinger and maybe get her a second date if she still wants one. But before we do that, Rachel, why don't you break down your situation with Zaane real quick?
Speaker 3: First date when and thought some live music, made out in the front left row, like we're teenagers, had a great time. He maybe I upset him because I said, hey, a gentleman would have offered his jacket by this point when we went outside and it was cold. Maybe you took it the wrong way. I still have his jacket. I haven't heard from him in five days, but he is responding to comments on his coach from the concert. So so yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You ready for us to call him?
Speaker 4: I am okay, here we go, okay, hell hi man, I speak to sayin please.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where's going?
Speaker 2: Hey, Zane? How are you? This is a radio show. It's called The Jewbel Show. Hi, Imina. Hi, I'm Victoria and my name is Jewbel. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh cool? Hey, thank you man. I appreciate it. Well, we're calling you today because somebody wanted us to call you.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if you how much you listen to the show, But we do a segment called the First Dight follow Up. That's where if you go out on a date with somebody and then you go some that person can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting. Oh yeah, yes, it is about Rachel. Yeah, do you have a second ty're ghosting her? Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: God, okay, uh, Like I mean she's super cool, like fun, but there's palace. It's like it's just like this thing.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Uh, she's got this she's got this nose ring and it's like this this like giant hoop, right, and it's got this like dangly little charm. It's just kind of like hanging out of her nose and like god, it kept like moving when she was talking, and like I didn't really notice it at first, like when we were because we're in a veg you writing, super dark. Yeah, Like once we got outside and like I couldn't take my eyes off. It was just like immediate.
Speaker 2: Oh no, so like you kissed her and stuff though.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, no, for sure. I mean, like you know, we were in the heat of the moment in the show and it was you know, kind of dark inside. You know, all felt really good at the moment, but like once we got outside and like the street lights and stuff, like it's just like, I mean, this thing is not just like a nosing, it's like a wind time. Like I could not stop looking at it, Like I had like a nightmare about it that night.
Speaker 2: It was bad. Oh no, then that's the reason just that.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I just.
Speaker 5: Like I just like could not stop looking at it. Like the whole time she was talking to me, I was just like, this is just I just I just could not do it.
Speaker 2: It was not what if she took it out? Can you just not unsee it?
Speaker 5: I mean I don't know. I mean it feels like I don't know, man, just like kind of like put her whole look and aesthetic and like, I don't know, I just was not feeling it.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you for telling us. Appreciate that. I'm kind of know how big this nosering is. Hey, Rachel, how big is your nose ring?
Speaker 3: A windshine for space.
Speaker 2: That Rachel, She's been listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 5: No, okay, I did not realize you were on there too, Okay, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like aesthetic takedown. So you're ghosting me because of my style with my like average size nose ring, my nose jangle.
Speaker 5: You're look okay, like I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. It's just not for me, all right, you know, it's just not a mess of good.
Speaker 3: You made out with me like you were going to propose, and then you disappeared because my jewelry wasn't minimal enough for your sensitive indie eyes.
Speaker 5: Come on, like that's kind of funny, but like it's not personal, right, I just like I couldn't unsee it, like the thing just saw like it had like a own my personality, Like everybody on.
Speaker 3: His name is Gerald, he swings my laugh, and you would have been great friends. Okay, Okay, that's got it actually okay, Like you're such a poser, like you're acting like you're into punk shows, but you can't handle a nose ring.
Speaker 5: I am Bobby. Clearly I did a puncture though, right, Like, I mean, I just don't want to date the merch table, you.
Speaker 3: Know, and I don't want to date a suit who stakes his way through life.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about? Don't make any sense.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 6: I'm going to keep your jacket vein. You don't deserve it. It's too cool for you.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 5: You can keep the jacket because I don't really ever want to see that thing again.
Speaker 2: Honestly, another date with Rachel won't pay for it.
Speaker 5: No, No, that's gonna be a hard pass for you guys.
Speaker 3: Oh cool. You know Gerald feels the same way and he doesn't want to see you again. So yeah, I'm with Gerald. We don't want to see you again. We don't need this date.
Speaker 5: Cool. I got a guy who named you, named your nose ring Gerald Ki. Well, I'm gonna let you guys have a happy life together. And you know what, you can keep the jacket, you know, I don't. I don't ever need to wear that thing again.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm sure you have a ton more in your closet because you're such a fake poser and you just have them there to like, try and be cool and recapture your youth. Bro ju Wile's first date fall up