Speaker 1: Hey, I'm coming to you now from the basin.
Speaker 2: This is a special bonus teaching that I recorded just for you to break it down.
Speaker 1: A little more, to take it a little deeper. I hope you enjoy this overflow message. Let me know, let's go.
Speaker 2: I think it's crazy inspiring that in the Word of God they listed the victories that God gave the Israelites. Let's start with the fact that it wasn't just Joshua who won these victories. When we start the book at Joshua, it's like you and all these people are going to enter the land, and nobody does it by themself. Nobody who makes any progress, or who sees any success or who get forward momentum does it by themselves. And anybody who says that they do is delusional.
Speaker 1: And nobody does it without God.
Speaker 2: However, there's something that I've learned about myself in the last year particularly, and it gave language to why I get so discouraged, why I get so defeated feeling, and why I can even be winning in my life but feel weak inside. You know, God's done a lot of great things for me, things I can't take credit for, and I know He's done the same for you. If you look at where your life is today, there are some things that aren't where you want them to be. There are some things that are much further along than you ever thought they'd be. In some sense, you might say, man, I thought i'd be furthered by now, But there's some sense in which you're like, I can't believe that I'm here. I can't believe that I get to be a parent. I can't believe that I get to be married to this person. I can't believe that I recovered from that that devastation. I can't believe I've been forty days without a drink. I can't believe it. I can't believe that, you know, I made it through that that trauma, survived, lived to tell about it. I can't believe that I'm, you know, even even reading my Bible, studying my Bible today, praying I'm having a better relationship with God.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: For some of us, though, it's easier for us to see how far we have to go than it is for us to see how far we've come.
Speaker 1: It has a lot to do with personality.
Speaker 2: It has a lot to do with background, It has a lot to do with early childhood templates.
Speaker 1: I'm not an expert in that.
Speaker 2: What I came on here to tell you is that I got happy when I saw the list of victories that God gave Joshua, realizing that just before in Joshua thirteen, he starts dividing up the land, because Joshua is really a book about battles chapters one through twelve, and boundaries chapters thirteen up until it's farewell speech battles and boundaries. And I want to teach that one day too, So I'll come back and do a session on battles and boundaries, I'm sure in next few sessions. But before we get to that, he goes, he before you divide up the land that God gave you, I want you to record in the record.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I understand that this list was put in later, I know that, but it was put in for a reason before they started dividing up all the land that was conquered in giving each person their inheritance. They start with Jericho. They then go on to remember I. It spelled AI, not.
Speaker 1: Like artificial intelligence, but it's pronounced I.
Speaker 2: They were defeated the first time, but then they went back in and beat them the second time where it's interesting. It says that Joshua and Israelites conquered I you see it, and I say nothing about the time that they got beat because it's not talking about that. And this is a list of victories, and it goes on and on in each one of these. The King of Jerusalem who ganged up on them because they had made an alliance with the Gibean knights, and they weren't supposed to make an alliance with the Gibea kniights, but God gave them the victory. Anyway, Well, it's this is a list of victories, remembering who they conquered, not a list of the conflicts, not a list of their vulnerabilities. There's a time for that. It's called self awareness to know like, this is where I'm weak, ah, this is where I need to get better. This is how I need to be stronger. This is how I could have done it different.
Speaker 1: Boom boom boom boom boom. I got a lists my vulnerabilities all day long.
Speaker 2: I like to say that, you know, if many of us, who are more pessimistic in nature, had been Ezekiel in the valley of dry bones, and the Lord said, can these bones live. We would have started listing the bones instead of speaking the language of faith and saying bones live. So it takes faith to say to the bones live. It doesn't take faith to list the kinds of bones that are in the valley.
Speaker 1: There's the pot.
Speaker 2: I remember when Abby was learning all the bones in the human body, as she would just go through the list, and it was so cute because she had a little lisp if you would talk about the patella, and it was so cute how she did it.
Speaker 1: But man, it doesn't take any theology.
Speaker 2: To list your problems. All that takes is anatomy to list the bones. All that takes is you know, hey, even even honesty.
Speaker 1: Go like, yeah, I'm not good at that. I didn't handle that right.
Speaker 2: We do that all day long. Confession is good. Confess your sinds one to another that you may be healed. You know, present your request to God, make your needs known to him, cry out to him for mercy. Have broken into contract heart. You will not despise. I am not diminishing the value of coming before God.
Speaker 1: In repentance when you get it wrong.
Speaker 2: But there are moments where you have to take inventory of your victories and say Look what God did for me, Look what he's given me, Look how he.
Speaker 1: Won the battle for me. List your victories. One.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of how to define this guy. I don't like to define people. But he does personal development and I mentioned him in one of my sermons and developed a friendship with him. His name is Brendan Burchard, and I like how he phrases this idea of listing your victories. He does it from a psychological standpoint. He talks about integrate your wins, and maybe he says it different than that. That's how I remembered it. I didn't look at my notes before I got on here. Integrate your wins. He's saying, look at the things that you have progressed in, look at the things you have accomplished. And specifically, when somebody is a high achiever, wired for wanting to get better and better and better, which you probably are if you're listening to teach the Bible right now, you want God to make you better. You're sitting there going like, ah, yeah, but I could have done it this way.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, but I just.
Speaker 2: You know, like I had a nine point nine, not a ten, you know, Ah, man, I just I want to give you a little bit of an idea of how much of a perfectionist I can tend to be, so you don't think I'm just like fussing at you about this idea and tell you, you know, be more grateful, be more positive, make lemonade. This is not a cliche. It's for me, a real, really convicting thing. It's like when I don't appreciate the victories, I don't acknowledge the giver of the victories, and to just move from battle to battle to battle to battle to battle to battle, and to never go Okay, hey, look what I did yesterday. I went to this meeting that was difficult. I showed up for it in a present way. Boom boom. I actually sat and listened to my kid tell a long story, and I didn't act bored. You know, I did a deep bruh when I wanted to say something and I bit my tongue, or even bigger stuff like this week, I got a song back that we worked hard on and I had to take a moment and go, hey, this is just like it's like the final mixed, mastered version of a song that we're.
Speaker 1: Going to release soon.
Speaker 2: It's like, hey, before you release this to other people, before you send it into the world, and like, chart its performance, take it personally, and remember the moment that you push through and set up the songwriting session and it got canceled, so you rescheduled it the same people, and you sat down and you pushed in, and you pushed into this particular part to write this with these particular people, and you put it together and you weren't sure about it, but you.
Speaker 1: Tried it out and you moved it.
Speaker 2: You did it, and boom boom boom, boom boom, and I was like, wow, man, that song belongs on a list of victories that God gave us that resulted from battles that we fought. I told you on one of these videos.
Speaker 1: I've told it in the Pulpit. I track I'm so embarrassed about this.
Speaker 2: I track every workout that I do with a little star on a chart, because we used to have charts with your bench press and stuff in high school, and the idea of like a workout chart like that would hang on the wall. So when the volleyball team, the girls volleyball team be working out, they'd see the charts with the boy's name on it and how much we bench pressed. And I'm sure they never even looked at it. But as the a fourteen year old boy, you think that the bench presses to some total of your masculinity. So something about that's like.
Speaker 1: A positive mental trigger for me. Light.
Speaker 2: And now you know, I got a star chart on the wall, gold stars actually used blue stars.
Speaker 1: Just not important.
Speaker 2: The point is just that little thing of going light. Hey man, I did my workout today. I do a lot of check marks. I am better personally day to day when I make a list of things I need to do. But I also need just like a I need a to do list. I need a God did list. You need a God did list. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You need a God did list. That's what this is.
Speaker 2: I promise you that if most of us read this little list right here, just this came up as our daily reading on our U Version Bible reading plan, we would go SKIPI kip for the people.
Speaker 1: Who fought the battles.
Speaker 2: Every one of these names Era, Libna, Adulam, Mackaida, Bethel, these kings of these these places, uh, the kings of uh Hazor and Asscaf, the ghetto. You know these are actual places. Some of them are named differently today. These were real kings, these were real battles. This was real blood, this was real fear, this was real action. These were real swords, This was real heat, this was real endurance. This was this was real. This list for them and your list is real to you. And I made a meal for my family this week, put my heart in it. I burned the potatoes, but nobody even knew. I threw them away. Smelled kind of funny in the kitchen, but I did it. You know, You're like, well, that's not that doesn't belong on the list, doesn't it. There's thirty one kings, Joshua defeated. There's thirty one days in certain months.
Speaker 1: What's this month?
Speaker 2: Okay, February twenty eight, this different month, so okay, But that's not the point. There was thirty one in January? Right, is that right? Fact checkers out there, is that right?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, it is.
Speaker 2: Thirty one days last month. I bet there was a victory every one of those days. Did you take it in? When Brendan, my friend Brennan talks about integrating your wins, he talks about stop pause, feel grateful for it, and this is where I want to challenge our religious talking about can you list it and without taking credit for it, feel a sense that God is proud of you for it, that he's not impressed by you because he knows like without him you're nothing, but that he'd like a father over a child, looks at you and says, yeah, I like put that on the list. Yeah, I'm proud of you. It's been three days and you didn't cuss. Put it on the list. Whatever, you know. I think we need little lists, big list. I think we need mental lists, written list. I think we need help with this because if we don't list our victories, we don't strengthify our battles. And now you find yourself going into next month going like, okay, man, I'm like going to work, paying bills, going to school, getting it done. I have to start many of my days from a baseline of feeling deficient. I've got to do enough today. I know not everybody's like this, but I'll bet you know somebody who is. You love somebody who is, maybe this will help you understand them. Sometimes by listing the things that the Lord has done in life, and can I say this, listing the things that you have done because He was with you listening the things he did through you. Wow, God did this yield your body? But you went to the doctor, you did the rehab. Both are important.
Speaker 1: What's your God did list?
Speaker 2: I started praying a very specific way before I went out to preach each night at our last Elevation Nights tour.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you're watching.
Speaker 2: This and you want to come Elevation Nights, spring to our twenty twenty three, go to Elevation Nights dot com. Come into a city near you. I'm promoting Elevation Nights on a private video. That's That's how much I'm into this. I love doing these. I would pray every time before I went out. God, tonight it's gonna be different than last night. I'm gonna try to flow in the Holy Spirit and give everything I have to these people and Minister best I can. At the end of the night, I want to feel good about what you and I did together, and that felt really good. I want to feel good about what we did together. I want to please God. I know you're not gonna say the words. You're not gonna pick me up and carry me physically to the stage. I'm gonna say the words. I'm gonna hold the microphone, it's gonna be in my hand. I'm gonna move my lips and use my mind. We're doing this together.
Speaker 1: I need you. And at the end of it, I want to feel good about what we did together. Isn't that a good goal for preaching.
Speaker 2: I love that it helped me. I shared it with a friend or two. I'm sharing it with you now. God, at the end of this day, I want to feel good about what we did together. Now, can you build in some reflection to go all right, I'm gonna do my hand. I'm gonna dopy on a computer. I'm doing on my phone. I'm gonna do three right now. I'm not gonna list everything. And for those of you love list, grocery listing list, Amazon carts, this is a new list for you to make. List your victories. You're like, I know, count your blessings. Don't talk to don't cown sheep, count talk to the shepherd.
Speaker 1: You're not hearing me.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about I'm a little bit different. There's a little distinction here, isn't there. It's owning the fact that there are victories God has given you that you haven't stopped yet to celebrate.
Speaker 1: I am the world's worst at this.
Speaker 2: So when I coach you or teach you, or preach you or mentor you on it, I'm coming from the place of telling you I need to see that list just to remember that. Yeah, man, we got to fight the battles and we can't get complacent. There is a thing in football called excessive celebration, and this is when you lose two pounds so you eat a dozen doughnuts. That's the wrong way to celebrate. I taught a sermon years ago called win a battle, take a bite. Put that in the chat, when a battle, take a bite. That sermon was all about, Hey, you need the strength of the savoring of this victory to build the faith to fight the next battle.
Speaker 1: So list your victories today. Listen them.
Speaker 2: When the devil tells you you're nothing, you'll never be and you never have been.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I got some wins. Man.
Speaker 2: Feel I feel David coming in the room right now, Shepherd boy, David, you can't kill Goliath. Well, the God who's delivered me from the Paula, the lion, paul the bear. Ah, what you're doing listing your victories and let them become a part of you. I think we're so identified with our weaknesses that we are.
Speaker 1: Blind to our strengths. List your victories.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, yes, confess your weaknesses, but list your victories. Listen them, Thank God for them, save them to the Lord. Thank you Lord that you brought me through. Thank you Lord that you gave me the ability today that felt good to do that. Thank you Lord that you helped me to organize this and that and to make a decision.
Speaker 1: Thank you Lord that I made the decision. And then let them become a part of your heart.
Speaker 2: Let them become a part of your sense of seeing yourself the way God sees you.
Speaker 1: He sees all the little victories. Other people won't. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: Nobody is gonna come by and patch you on the butt good game because you showed up on time.
Speaker 1: That might be a big building deal to you. Showing up on time.
Speaker 2: That might be the one of the hardest things in your life. Showing up on time, or leaving your phone in another room so you can actually focus on a conversation. Nobody's gonna congratulate you for that.
Speaker 1: That's why you've got to list it with God for yourself.
Speaker 2: So I think This is a wonderful, wonderful thing for us to think about today, not only the battles we fight and the blessings, but think of it in terms of this list in the Book of Joshuba, a book where he said, be strong and courageous. I'll be with you wherever you go. And then we get to chapter twelve and there's thirty one victories in a list, and there's one for every day of the month of January, and there's one for every day of the next month, and the next month, and the next month and the next month. I want you to make big lists of things God has done in your life that represent a.
Speaker 1: Year, a season, a week.
Speaker 2: I want you to make little list of things that God did helped you through even in the next hour of your day. And I want you to be in to open that file in your mind, God, where am I winning? And then you can deal with and God, what do I need to work on? When you come from a place of God where am I winning? It helps you appreciate His grace, tap into it and move forward by faith. We come from a place of what do I need to work on?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 2: Doesn't really give you much momentum, does it, so that's what I want you to do today. List your victories, put a few down right now.
Speaker 1: Hey, I hope you enjoyed the podcast and did. Make sure to share it.
Speaker 2: And subscribe so we can get you all of these new messages as soon as they're available. I also want to take a moment and thank all of you who are a part of Elevation. Whether you support us financially, or serve with us, or just share these messages, it's because of you that we're able to reach.
Speaker 1: People all around the world. And if you want more information on how to be a part of Elevation, click the link in the description. Thanks again for listening.
Speaker 2: Make sure to leave a review, share the message, and subscribe. God bless you.