Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Messer along with Tim Stenvick. Let's get to some stocks on the move. Bloomberg TV Markets correspondent Normal Linda is in the house, and yeah, you're starting with Nvideo, which I feel like we have talked about a lot, and rightfully so probably today.
Speaker 4: The star of the show today, and it feels like every day. But I mean, we were really seeing a lot of people digesting the earning's coming out of in Video that's ticker in VDA, And of course we did see at first we saw market rally, then we saw all of that fad as we really plunged into the red there. But of course this concern is still bubbling right now as to whether or not we are actually in an artificial intelligence spending bubble, and that clearly hammering a lot of the tech names, including in Video of course leading the charge here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of wild because their numbers seemed awfully strong, and we certainly saw them rally in the aftermarket, but definitely a rethink, and I think as they went through some more of the specifics from the company did have something to do with like inventories or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were some concerns about to build up in inventories and then also the accounts receivable as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's like, well, wait a minute, there's such strong demand, why is that stuff sitting there? So it's a good question. Hey, Walmart number one gain in the s and P five hundred.
Speaker 4: Yes, today was a great day for Walmart. This ticker WMT, the company booted is full year sales and profit outlook. We're really talking about a consumer that's stretched right now, and they're going toward a lot of the discounted names or discount carriers, I should say, so a lot of people run to Walmart to get things cheaper as opposed to more expensive brands here. So you are seeing shares of Walmart ending with their best performance since April. That's on a one day, one day scale here.
Speaker 3: And then one more bath and body work brutal day.
Speaker 4: I mean, we saw shares falling for their worst day and lowest level since twenty twenty. The stock shed twenty five percent in today. Low, but have been a great year for the company in general, shares down just about sixty percent year to date, but the company slashed its full year outlook. It also said that it's exiting the men's grooming and hair care space. I didn't even know they were involved. They were just those bathtoms. Were you familiar? I was not aware we're going there for your hair products?
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, I was not aware.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess you missed that because they're no longer going to be doing that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can use any hair product that I want. It doesn't have to be like a designated man's hair product, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got some guys have it so easy.
Speaker 4: You got it such enough, right, keep it interesting. But they're also going to be launching their brand page on Amazon dot Com to get some more customer traffic.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.