Speaker 1: Hi, Riley, Hi, We are talking to you on the very special Dancing with the Stars con weekend.
Speaker 2: Yes, what all fun?
Speaker 1: What has the experience been like for you?
Speaker 2: Sontly, it's been so great. My sister Lindsay is here, and I wish so bad she would do the show with me because I think that would make my life a thousand times more fun. But it's just so nice to have her around and to just have a sister. She brought her little new son, Hayes.
Speaker 1: Seven week old Hayes, and he's perfect. Isn't it crazy how quickly you forget how small they are when they're newborn. Oh yeah, like Rome now looks like a beast. Compare this seven week old Hayes, who has feet. I think his entire foot is like this big with a super long little so cute.
Speaker 3: But he was like, I mean, she was dancing with him in her arms.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I doesn't want to get more graphic than that, but she was really motherly at that moment in time. Yeah, him on her shirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Multitask multitasking listen, multi tasking mom.
Speaker 2: She's super like I. Lindsay is what I aspire to be. She's the hardest working person I know, honestly crazy.
Speaker 3: She's so cool and shows up with great attitude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, yeah, every.
Speaker 2: Time, she's amazing.
Speaker 1: I love her. You guys have a number together called Sisters. Yes, we do, so cute. It's one of my favorite numbers in the show. It's so fun. Yeah, you had an opportunity to come out and join tour for a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I came out for like four weeks.
Speaker 1: Okay, And were they consecutive weeks, yes, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She just had to do like four different.
Speaker 1: Tracks yeah, for different people.
Speaker 3: It felt like a different show every week.
Speaker 2: No, literally, but it was kind of fun. It made it like, I don't know, just exciting, because sometimes on tour you have the same dances for a consistent amount of time. But when I went, it was genuine like I would get settled and then it would be like switch switch. But it was fun, like I actually liked it, and it was nice because I was honestly really sad when I like decided to not do the full tour and I was like, this is gonna be really hard. I'm gonna have major fomo. And then I finally got the opportunity to come out for a little bit, and I was really grateful and I learned really cool dances. The show was so good. Yeah, and like the fans were so amazing, the audience and just everything was so cool to be a part of.
Speaker 1: It was very fun for me to do that, so I did the first month, I opened the show with all around right. Yeah, it was so fun for me to hear the audience react to you all coming out for the first time. Yeah. The love these fans have for you pros you can feel in every city and certainly, like are someplace is louder than others. Sure, but one very consistent thing is that you guys are beloved the country and the world, and they do not shy. They are not shy to tell you. And it's so like, it was so fun for me to be like, yes, that's the proper response, you know, because having been on the show last season, so much of it's about, yeah, dancing with the Stars, and it's our experience, and you guys are so good at constantly reminding us that you're here to tell our stories and it's us us us, Yeah, and we are constantly going But I don't know how you do any of this, And it's so amazing. So tour really feels like a celebration and a love letter to you guys. Yeah, more than the celebs. And it's nice to see that.
Speaker 2: No, it's a good opportunity for us to like feel the love and understand that and be able to accept it because I feel like in the season it's all either social media or in the audience. It's never really like fans. I get to participate and be there in the live show. So to be able to go out and meet everybody and to feel that it's really really plus.
Speaker 3: That's I mean a lot of a lot of us started this for that reason. We like to perform for an audience and get that direct kind of response. Yeah, and doing so on tour is again it is fulfilling that bucket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, checking that box of like oh I got to do that.
Speaker 3: Now totally totally. And you're campaigning all like season like please vote, please please vote, you know, and people are voting and you know, now these are the people that are voting. Yeah, you get to kind of I don't know, express your gratitude through dance to meet and greets, just just being there. I think it's really great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. Are you still you had a wonderful season last season with Scott and then too soon? Are you still in touch with Scott? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have not met his baby because I haven't had the opportunity to go to LA, but I will as soon as I can.
Speaker 1: Okay, they sent me pictures of her. She is so beautiful.
Speaker 2: I'm honestly just so happy for them their relationship and like being able to experience that is just so sweet and so tender, and I just know that baby's gonna have such a fun life. I know it's just so exciting.
Speaker 1: Could we talk about their birth announcements? These videos this high production? I'm like, what did ABC producers? Literally Scott if you haven't seen it, go to their Instagram Scott Hoying their their name announcement.
Speaker 2: Under reveal everything.
Speaker 1: When did they have time to do this?
Speaker 2: That is Scott in a nutshell Like, that is Scott And that's what I love about him. He's just like, I have an idea and I'm going to execute it, and I'm like, I love that.
Speaker 1: They really do have such a sweet relationship. Mark was there when we first did GMA at the beginning of the season last season. Mark wasn't there the day of Good Morning America and Scott. The way Scott and I became friends, Scott was like kind of standing yeah, and I could just tell that he seemed like a lost puppy, and I was like, hey, comes it with me. And he comes over and he sits down. He goes, thank you so much for asking me to sit down with you. I was just standing there so nervously. I said, is it hard that Mark's not here? And he goes, yes. We go everywhere together literally weird, we weren't allowed to have any sort of plus one at GMA, a madhouse on that day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And anyway, No, he's his comfort person, Like he sat through every single rehearsal all four hours, just sat in the corner, took videos for us, like would show us things if we needed it, water immediately, like he is an absolute saying I love him.
Speaker 3: Was that was that good for you? Or was that? Did that put pressure on you?
Speaker 2: Honestly no, because Mark is not the type of person that would stress me out. And it's not like he's like asking for things or like he's literally just there to chill and just be his support for Scott.
Speaker 1: And he never like interrupted or anything.
Speaker 2: And so that didn't stress me out. And it's also just like I feel like it was. If it was someone else who wanted to interfere, like interject, I would have.
Speaker 3: Been like, because I welcome family, because I'm just like the more I want a witness to the process, so you could be held accountable beyond just me. You know, there's a third party here also bearing witness to the process. And then I feel like you.
Speaker 1: Can make it more comfortable to it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like way more comfortable to have somebody else they know in the room with them.
Speaker 3: Totally, totally. I mean again, it's like what you said, It depends on the person. Mark is just literally an angel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Disney princess is his description.
Speaker 1: Literally, he's so sweet.
Speaker 3: They're so kind. We ran into each other at the Bowl for the Maana live action from Here, and I was with Rome and it was just me and him, and I'm comfortable with him obviously, but we ran into each other and we sat next to each other and I had to go to the bathroom, but I couldn't leave my kid with like a hundreds, you know whatever, So I was like, yo, do you mind watching my kids?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 1: So wait, cute.
Speaker 3: He moved over sat next to him.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's so cute.
Speaker 3: I love They're very very kind, and they're very kind.
Speaker 1: They're very good people. So we are about ready to have yet another I'm sure fantastic season of Dancing with the Stars. I know nothing is guaranteed, we don't know who's coming back, all of that stuff, But what would you say if you could like manifest one thing for yourself aside from of course being on the show next season, if you could manifest something for yourself that would be different this season than in previous seasons. What would you love to accomplish? What's on your bucket list for a next season as a pro?
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, I think I feel a lot more settled as a pro now and I just would love to just like have fun. Yeah, because I feel like last season specifically, I really like, I think comments and like all of that social media world really harped on my mental health last year, and I feel like something I want to just let go is being able to just have fun and dance and remember why I love dance. I was so grateful that I got to go out on tour and to like be able to perform and like dance without judgment and just have a good time. And I think that's something I want to find and just to have fun, make sure my partner has fun because in the and results are I mean, if you're a competitive person, which we all are, it is fun to be like I made it to the finale. That is so awesome. But again, you look back at those experiences and you look at like the fun you had with your partner, the things you got to do, the like camaraderie, and so I really hope that I can just have a good fun time and just let go of all that extra stress that can come with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you feel like Shaprescia coming off of the Steven season? Is that why?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so, Like I really had such a big season with Stephen. I was like, and my last stance I feel like was big for me, and so I was like, how do I like keep growing and keep going up after this? And then I feel like just social media was so involved, I think the most it has ever been, and so I just like I found myself just looking at everything, looking at every comment, and I was just like, what am I doing? But it's just something you get sucked into, and so I want to just let that go and just enjoy because that's all that matter, and that's what I'm going to take away from the experience of every season.
Speaker 1: So totally, it can be so hard to like create boundaries around reading comments.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, yeah, yeah, it's so hard because you're integrated.
Speaker 2: Where about yourself.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not even hearing about yourself. You're trying to connect with the fans. I mean, we're here, we're doing con We're like, you want to connect thoughtfully to the people you're asking for votes from, but not always is that healthy? And again, it's like, I'm not begging for votes, I'm just sharing my joy and my process and if you like it, please if you choose not too cool. Yeah, you know, And I think finding that healthy balance of listening to feedback obviously, that's important staying connected with your fans, because I think you do a great job with that throughout, you know, on social media. I think it is one of the things that you're so successful with is having that rapport with your fans. But yeah, I mean that I can't necessarily offer that much advice because this is a new territory that you're navigating in I navigating as well. Now, but I think again, I just couldn't imagine being nineteen or twenty going through that process. So, I mean it takes a lot of maturity and self awareness to I mean, I just my discipline is to keep it to like one, two, three scrolls. That's it.
Speaker 1: Literally.
Speaker 3: You don't want to go all the way down.
Speaker 1: You don't want to have to see hidden comments, you know, but sometimes you do you want to. That seems interesting. Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 3: You just said love you total. I'm to get that in.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: I love it when I have a muted account and then I look at it and I'm like, that one's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're all probation real quick.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny. Something you have been very vocal about that I think is so wonderful is you have talked a lot about how hard it can be to manage your blood sugar. Oh, yes, while being this active and having that kind of a schedule. Yes, it was one of the reasons actually you decided not to do tour this.
Speaker 2: Year, right, Yeah, And I'm honestly like it was a very hard decision for me to make, but I'm so glad I did because my health has gotten so much better, and I've been able to just like work on myself and making sure that I knew how to do that because I also was diagnosed when I was fifteen, So it's like it takes a long time to be able to understand how to manage your type one diabetes. Like it's very, very tricky, and so even when I first joined the show, I'm like three years into my diagnosis, but it doesn't feel like I've had it for a long time and I know what I'm doing, and so it just gave me an opportunity to work on myself. If I was able to get this like new pump device that has been able to manage my diabetes, I'm like sleeping at night, and it's just this whole thing that I'm so grateful for and I can't wait to go into next season hopefully and to have that like that part of my life is like getting better and more strong, and so it is really exciting, and I'm glad I took time for myself to do that because I absolutely needed it.
Speaker 1: Did you talk it all last season about when you because you also have a nut allergy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did we talk about the fact that you ate something that had nuts in it.
Speaker 2: I never really talked about it, but yeah, can we talk about that?
Speaker 1: Yes? Absolutely. It was like there was an absolute chao really what it was.
Speaker 4: So they had like yogurt Land at like the show day, and they had like the chocolate strawberries and I was like, mummy, like just chocolate strawberries.
Speaker 1: I ate it.
Speaker 2: And I was like, my mouth feels really tingly and that's like usually the first sign.
Speaker 1: And I'm like very allergic.
Speaker 2: It's like EpiPen, yes, yes, like EpiPen allergic. So I went back to the place. I was like, is there hazelnut in your chocolate? And they were like yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like oh gosh, oh gosh, oh no.
Speaker 2: And I didn't have my EpiPen with me, which not smart for doing that. I need to have my EpiPen all the time. But then I had my mom's friend get my EpiPen. But luckily and like my respiratory was fine, Like it never got to that point because I only had like one bite and I knew immediately and so I just.
Speaker 4: Like eight tons of pen a drill.
Speaker 1: I was so tired.
Speaker 2: I had to do like the TikTok live that night, and I was literally like, what am I even saying?
Speaker 1: I'm so tired. But it was fine. It was funny though.
Speaker 2: That's like my worst nightmare is like having a largic reaction on like an important day like that would kill me.
Speaker 1: And it did. It nearly did. Yeah, literally nearly did. Yeah, it nearly did well.
Speaker 2: Thank you for.
Speaker 1: Sharing that story. Yeah, because I didn't even really get to talk with I knew happened. I was like, what just happened.
Speaker 2: Also, there's like an EMT in my trailer and I'm like, guys.
Speaker 4: It's okay, I'll be okay, just give me more bed and drill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 3: Well right, so buddy, thank.
Speaker 1: You so much for coming and talking with us. I can't I'm so excited that we get to do this con weekend together and I can't wait to fingers crossed see you next season on Dancing with the Stars hopefully.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Thank you, guys, Thank you,