Speaker 1: All right, we're starting your Monday with a brand new second date update, and you've got a comment from Mike from Texas, who said, I'm a sixty year old guy from Houston.
Speaker 2: My daughter turned me on to you.
Speaker 1: I started listening to you and ended up starting at the beginning and almost caught up to date in less than six weeks. It's crazy, but I can't start my day or drive with out Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're like your guilty pleasure. Yeah we're not so guilty, maybe at first, but now you're like accepting. Yeah, bull blown pleasure.
Speaker 1: Yeah show us your daughter, Yeah you kinder for it. They show you what's up? Yeah, all right, your brand new second day is starting right now. Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 2: We've done so many of these calls over the years where the dates kind of start to fall into categories. There's restaurant, bar, yeah, my place, bathtub those are probably the top different than your place. The bathtub, Yeah, those are two separate dates. You don't get to the bathtub till night number two.
Speaker 1: Who knows where the bathroom is, Alexa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I feel like it's outside. Well for some reason, we don't hear a lot of people taking dates to see a play.
Speaker 1: That's fine because we don't have very many refined listeners.
Speaker 2: Too cultural for our audience. Well, you can't talk during a play, I know, benefit exactly. Well, one of our more cultured listeners, Job says that's what he did with a woman named Brittany. Decided to take her to a play, and I can't wait to hear about it. Joe, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, how are you good?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I should ask you about the woman or the play first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more exciting.
Speaker 3: Well maybe after my story you could tell me.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, good tease.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: Let's begin with the woman. What's her name?
Speaker 3: Her name is Brittany. We met on Hinge and I wanted to try to do something different, so I was like, hey, let's see a play, specifically Harry Potter and the Curse Child.
Speaker 2: Oh that's like the.
Speaker 1: Hot play right now. Wow? Is she excited about that? Because I was looking at taking my kids to though if she's a Harry Potter fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she seemed excited.
Speaker 3: I mean we did talk about like what movies we liked in nostalgia and Harry Potter did come out.
Speaker 1: That's better. So you're reading the room. You got it dialed in, all right?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, I thought so. But she's also not calling me back. So but I thought, you know, it was a good idea.
Speaker 1: Let's not blame the play for that. That was something you did.
Speaker 2: Hear the full story before we started to sign and blame anywhere. So tell us about the date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I was standing outside the theater and I was waiting, and she came up, and she looks great. The first thing I noticed was she had beautiful eyes, like really big eyes.
Speaker 1: Big eyes, like a Disney princess effect. You know, their eyes are seriously the size of their head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a deer who's about to get struck by a truck. Wow, that's sort of very wide. No, I imagine she looks like a Pixar dear. Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 3: I would say more princess than deer. But I definitely got locked back.
Speaker 1: You know what you get little tiny noses, humbles of those things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, So how did it go?
Speaker 3: I mean it was great. We started talking right away off the bat. She's asking questions, She's very active and listening and wants to know more about me, and so we were able to get in like quite a conversation.
Speaker 2: YEA, yeah, that is nice. I feel like you kind of have to rush your conversation too, because you know, for the next like forty five minutes, you won't be able to say anything to each other.
Speaker 3: Well, we purposely like got there before they even like opened up the house. Yeah, and got to get to our seat. That was enough time to sit and chat and even an intermission too. We made sure the talk and grab something to drink and then be able to actually, you know, talk to each other.
Speaker 1: And did you I mean you talked about her asking you questions? Did you do a good job asking questions?
Speaker 3: I mean I think I did. You know, I was just trying to come up with some different things to ask her and joke a little bit, but I mean I was nervous, so I don't know. I thought I did a good job.
Speaker 2: How did the night end?
Speaker 3: Well, when the show was done, we stopped by like the souvenir stand and I bought her a wand.
Speaker 1: Oh you did, dude, that's some cash.
Speaker 2: Did she appreciate that?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 3: So at the end of the night, I try to make it like a thing, like you know, I really want you to remember the magic of this evening.
Speaker 1: Did you have Harry Potter super fan or no? Should we ask this.
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say I'm a super fan, but I am a gryffindor if you care, same fact to answer.
Speaker 2: That way, because I think you're a super fan. Are you alluding to Maybe she picked up on that and she didn't like how geeky he was about it.
Speaker 5: Like we talk about Disney adults, Harry Potter adults is another type of group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might not fall into it.
Speaker 1: I did try to date a guy once who read Harry Potter to me out loud, and that was the last time we hung out.
Speaker 2: Because I love it.
Speaker 1: I love Harry Potter, even for me like that was because.
Speaker 2: He didn't do the voices good.
Speaker 1: He didn't do any voices in fact, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Okay, But again, Brooke, like we've said before, we don't talk about cousins stories here, so stick to job. Joe. I mean you bought her a gift, you enjoyed the show. Was there like a kiss at the end? Was there a hug? How did you leave it well?
Speaker 4: At the end?
Speaker 3: I said, hey, do you want to like hang out some more? And I mean I had no plan what we would do, but I wasn't exactly ready to be done. But she said she had to work in the morning, but she had a good time, so she wouldn't be able to hang out more. And I will say. She then held her hand up for a high five.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not necessarily bad. I mean, high five is like good job.
Speaker 6: On the date.
Speaker 2: Also, you can interlock fingers during the high five and make it a little sexier.
Speaker 3: That's weird, well would So I gave her the high five back, and then we talked a little bit more, and then I gave her a high five.
Speaker 5: Wow, you're in this weird high five cycle exactly.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know. I felt like high five again. And then we did hug after that, so it was too high five in a hug.
Speaker 1: I was hoping you guys came up with your own secret Handshae.
Speaker 2: It's like Patty Cake right outside her car. Two high five's in a hug. Does that add up to almost a kiss?
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, it's one high five away from home base.
Speaker 2: Romantically, we're doing all right, So how how long has it been since you last saw her.
Speaker 3: I mean it's been you know, like five days, five six days, and she.
Speaker 1: Hasn't answered to you at all since the date.
Speaker 3: No, not really, And now I'm starting to wonder maybe the play wasn't a good idea.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We still had a good time.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's disappointed the wand didn't really make magic.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, nothing did rise up. But that's what you're saying.
Speaker 5: It wasn't what I was saying. I was more into like childlike wonder.
Speaker 2: But okay, so we'll try and reach out to Brittany here and figure out why your love spell hasn't been working its magic on her. We'll come back and do it with your second date update right after this, Brook and.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 2: Even though this wasn't a Harry Potter date, it kind of was, Yeah, because our listener job took a woman named Brittany to see the play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Yeah, and not only did they watch really cool special effects with magic and I'm assuming lightning bolts coming out of the ceiling, but he even bought her a souvenir a wand to remember the magic of their evening together. Yes, but I don't know how powerful that wand was because their interaction ended with two high fives in a hug.
Speaker 1: I'm just feeling like the high five was very much a long bottom thing to do. Oh you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's a good lesson never buy your date anything. What only bad things can happen when you spend money on other people. So it's been four to five days he hasn't really heard back from her. Can we save it? We all?
Speaker 1: Are you asking? Just answer?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was asking the room, but it's probably Yeah, if you did, we're gonna try, jeff try job. How does that feel?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I'm really anxious to know, like if it was the play or something I did, so, yeah, I'd love to know the why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the play would be the best option in those lists of probably not your hands. Sorry, I'm just saying, isn't it a great play?
Speaker 2: Okay, We're gonna turn off Alexis's microphone and just now, optimistically, here we go. Well, hey is this Brittany.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is Brittany.
Speaker 2: Hey Brittany. This is a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Brittany.
Speaker 3: The shows here.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 2: Hi. We're sorry to interrupt your day, but we would really like to talk to you a little bit regarding a segment that we do call the Second Date Update.
Speaker 1: Okay, could be kind of a play review at the same time, you know, Oh yes, no, that's just going to confuse her more. Continue on, Jack and tell her.
Speaker 2: So basically the Second Date Update. If you're not familiar, one of our listeners took you on a date the other night. He had a really great time, was hoping that he could see you again, but he's not sure where you stand. I'm talking about a guy named Job.
Speaker 4: Oh really, he reached out to you, guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he hasn't heard anything from you. It sounds like you've not responded at all since the Harry Potter play.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, I can't believe.
Speaker 2: Really weird, I mean, to him, it's like someone cast a spell and you suddenly vanished.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just it's really weird. I wasn't really planning on calling him back.
Speaker 1: Oh oh okay, so he read that right, Yeah that's Jacob.
Speaker 2: Okay, but he did have a lot of questions like did you not like him? Did you not like the play? Did he say something wrong? Do something weird. He's just he's clueless.
Speaker 4: Hmmm. I don't really know what he told you. But the date ended kind of weird.
Speaker 2: Weird, like he did something weird.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if he knows about it.
Speaker 1: I thought for sure you were going to be talking about the high fives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, double high five and then a hug.
Speaker 6: I mean, he was nice and everything, but he wanted to hang out more, and I was really like, I have to work in the morning, and he was like, okay, and he left, and I realized that I didn't have my phone on me.
Speaker 4: I had dressed up because the theater, you.
Speaker 6: Know, I was doing a nice dress, and I didn't have pockets or anything. And I realized I thought I left my.
Speaker 4: Phone at the seat. So I kind of started freaking out.
Speaker 1: A little bit and ran back to the theater. Y, okay, so you went back in the theater to look for your phone, and I hope somebody found it. I mean, we're talking to you, so, oh yeah, that's a good side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my phone was at the seat, luckily, because that could have been bad. But while I was there, a bunch of the cast were taking pictures inside, like on the set. It was like really cool with a bunch of I guess, select people with the audience and some kids. I guess maybe it was like a kids night. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's cool. So the actors and other people are all on stage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was so cool, and I was like, whoa, I'm here, and mins well, try to get in on this.
Speaker 4: So I went up on.
Speaker 6: The stage and I got a few pictures and I started talking to people and okay.
Speaker 2: But how does this have to do with why you're not calling Joe back for another day because you found your phone.
Speaker 6: Well, I started flirting with one of the cast mates, and basically I wound up hooking up with the adult Ron Weasley.
Speaker 1: What. Yeah, Like you went home with Ron Weasley that night.
Speaker 4: I guess maybe I was just start struck.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But he was so like persistent about hanging out with me after we were talking on the stage, and he kind of was a little more forceful than Joe, and I kind of liked that he wouldn't take no for an answer. So we wound up going to.
Speaker 1: That way. Yeah, and you guys were.
Speaker 6: Yes, he wanted to hang out, and he was like, look, I'm only in town.
Speaker 4: For a few weeks, Like we just had an instant connected.
Speaker 1: But like, why would you like risk hanging out with a guy that you can see and actually have a relationship like Job, rather than a guy who's on a traveling seater A guy y too. I mean, he's just a person who is acting like Ron Weasley.
Speaker 4: Well he was Ron Weasley to me that night.
Speaker 5: I mean, out of all of the Harry Potter characters, honestly, that's least attractive.
Speaker 2: He got hermione, so he's got some charge.
Speaker 4: Don't underestimate Ron Weasley.
Speaker 2: Okay, I am. I am cringing right now, not only at the idea of her making out with adult Ron Weasley, but at the idea of Job quietly listening and hearing all of this on the other line that for him.
Speaker 4: You're joking, right.
Speaker 2: No, unfortunately, I'm not. Job is there at least I think he's Job.
Speaker 3: Hih wow, man, body, sorry, I cannot believe this story. I'm sorry. So you're he went back and you hooked up with Ron Weasley.
Speaker 4: It wasn't intentional. I left my phone there, but yeah, that's what happened.
Speaker 1: She only made out with them.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, we actually did a little more, but I tell you guys that, of course you.
Speaker 2: Keep going, Oh god, how are you feeling right now hearing all this?
Speaker 3: I guess I got to know, Like, so you would rather like go and like hook up with some random traveling actor but not spend any time with the guy that like paid for everything. I will make sure I get this right, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say that sounds kind of bitter there.
Speaker 3: My man. Well, I'm just saying, like, we talked, we spent time together, we got to know each other. You don't know anything about this guy, and then you're gonna like hook up with him instead of going home and sleeping going to work.
Speaker 4: But do you know about him somewhat? I mean his bio is in the program. I don't know you anything. I mean we tried to go out. I mean, you're really nice. I had a nice time with you, but the chemistry just wasn't the same.
Speaker 1: And honestly, you're giving off kind of Malfoy vibes. Yeah, I'm kidding, job, but that's probably funny too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's not funny.
Speaker 1: Actually surprised he wasn't like a cool It was Wesley that was really good.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe this is the right time to jump in and offer to send you and Joe about on another date.
Speaker 1: Dude, why not? I mean, honestly, Weasley is going to be gone soon. Give job to try.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're not going to see adult Ron Weasley again, are you? Oh boy, he's not gonna fly you all around the country now, is.
Speaker 1: He on his broom?
Speaker 4: I mean he's in town for a few weeks, so I am saying him again. Oh God, got like the circus or they're in town for three.
Speaker 3: Days, like.
Speaker 2: It is like a couple of months. Yeah, all right, you're gonna be Ron Weasley's girlfriend while he's in town.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: I'm not really thinking of it like that, but we're having a nice time.
Speaker 3: Never in my wildish dreams that I think i'd be blocked by Wan Weasley.
Speaker 2: A lot of wizards have said that before.
Speaker 1: At least she still has the wand to remember you.
Speaker 4: By job right, and we used it that night.
Speaker 2: Oh let's not. Let's not even go there, Brooke. I was gonna say, do you want your wand back?
Speaker 1: But I think I know the answer.
Speaker 2: All right, Job, I'm sorry, man, but the good news is at least you got your answer.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got my answer, all right.
Speaker 1: I guess you you're not a big fan of Harry Potter anymore.
Speaker 3: It's definitely changed a little.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Man Job's mood definitely changed there. Like in part one, he was so happy and hopeful telling us about his date and how much fun it was, and then we get the news that she did wand play with adult Ron Weasley, and everything went off the rails. He got like really quiet, kind of like surly, almost angry.
Speaker 1: Dude, how does Ron have so much like I don't know what's the word game?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, seriously, Yeah, I mean I wanted to know more information about what happened.
Speaker 1: But you wanted more wand information.
Speaker 2: I certainly did.
Speaker 1: I had a feeling, but I wann't know if.
Speaker 2: He's got the pet rat scabbers.
Speaker 1: Watch but that didn't end well with Scrapper's member.
Speaker 2: I want all the deats. But regardless, he saw the writing on the wall, couldn't hold a floating candle to adult Ron. So yep about out early Weasley's weasel their way in time.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's gonna have to be careful at play he takes in the future. I will say Ron's older brothers always seemed more attractive to me. Remember there's the Dragon Slayer one. No, yeah, that guy.
Speaker 2: That a lot of whizz in the Weasley house. But you want to hear more second dates of people getting wanded in a back alley by Ron Weasley. We've got tons of them. Go find them on our podcast at Brook and Jeffrey