Speaker 1: That's what's a family. It's your girl, Tamika D.
Speaker 2: Mallory and it's your boy my song in general.
Speaker 1: And we are your host of street politicians, the place in the streets and politics meet. What's going on, my son, Lennon.
Speaker 3: We are here in Louisville, you know, the work in Tucky, you know, doing a bunch of work, so trying to do a million things. But we had to make sure that we supplied our street politician family, you know, with with's our news and with you know, our commentary and things they need to know.
Speaker 2: So we're here.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right. It's hot Kentucky. That's what I call it hot Kentucky.
Speaker 2: It's hello here.
Speaker 4: It is it is, and it's also going to be a hot several months that will be working in Kentucky to stop Daniel Cameron, the current Attorney General, from becoming governor of the state. But those of you who do not know, uh, Daniel Cameron is the Attorney General of Kentucky. He's the current attorney general who was tasked with with with finding justice for Breonna Taylor's death, for the murder of Breonna Taylor. And you know what happened was that the local police mean, excuse me, the local government and Louisville, Kentucky could have prosecuted the officers officers, but they did not. They turned over the investigation to the Attorney General's office. And it's important to note that the attorney general here it has a deep love for police and for all conservative things. So he had already made statements, whether it be in his campaign fundraisers or at other times, that he supports the police and that he would do whatever was necessary necessary to continue that allegiance to police.
Speaker 1: And so he's done that. He has really he stood very much.
Speaker 4: So in his word, he's been very clear and he basically he stuck to that in the case against the officers.
Speaker 1: Or for the officers who.
Speaker 4: Killed Brianna when and this is not information that we're coming forward with. We're talking about what the jurors said, the people who were in the grand jury proceedings that had the ability to indict those officers for killing Brianna Taylor, they came forward and said they would never presented with a case that would have allowed them to indict for Brianna. They were presented with something about the wall and how the neighbors were impacted by the shooting that night, but they were never presented with charges for Brianna Taylor. And so when Daniel Cameron came forward to say that the jury did not find charges against those officers for Brianna specifically, he basically made it seem like the jury looked at all the evidence, like he presented a case and they did not find they found that.
Speaker 1: These officers were not guilty of murdering her. That is not the case. He lied exactly. He lied.
Speaker 4: He lied to the family, he lied to the public, he lied to the jurors, and the jurors again several jurors came forward to say this.
Speaker 1: And so now he wants to be.
Speaker 4: Rewarded for disrespecting Breonna's family and for circumventing the process for justice by becoming in going to a higher level than attorney general and becoming governor of the state of Kentucky. And we certainly just cannot allow that to happen, not at all.
Speaker 3: And let's say happy birthday to Brianna Taylor. Absolutely today is her birthday. When you see this, it would have been her birthday. She would have been thirty years old. So we say happy Heavenly birthday to Rina, you know, and in her honor.
Speaker 2: You know, we've decided.
Speaker 3: That we're willing to work and do whatever we have to do to make sure that Daniel came in doesn't become the governor. You know, I think for me, it's just the lack of character as a man, you know, for you to be to call yourself a man and look at a mother in her face and lied to her, you know, to intentionally deny her justice and then brag about it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Part of his campaign and his video, he talks about how he wouldn't be you know, he stood up to the protesters and he wouldn't be bullied, and he took pride in the fact that he denied a black woman justice. He took pride in the fact that he allowed the officers who killed Breonna Taylor not to even be charged, not to stand there they in court and see or even be getting the opportunity to be charged. He took pride in that. So any man who would take pride in Calard behavior definitely shouldn't be a governor. He shouldn't even be the attorney general, but he definitely can't be the governor. So, you know, on Beonna Taylor's birthday. You know, we valued to come back here and do whatever is necessary to make sure that doesn't happen.
Speaker 4: Yes, and so for folks who are wondering what that looks like, we are opening two offices. There are two cities in Kentucky that have a number of voters who we believe represent different values from the Attorney General, the black and brown community, people who are in underserved communities when you look at his campaign, and also just the values that he stands for, who he is and the people he's aligned with, whether it be Mitch McConnell, Donald Trump, and others. We believe that in two specific cities. Of course, there are other counties and smaller areas around the entire state of Kentucky, but specifically in Louisville, Kentucky, which is where Breonna Taylor live and where we were stationed for four months while we lived here fighting every day for her, where we've continued to visit for three years. We've been going back and forth to Kentucky. It's no it's no stranger to any I mean not strange information to any of you who are listening and those of you watching. So here in Louisville, Kentucky, where we are today, and also in Lexington, Kentucky. Lexington is another area that has a high population of people who look like us and people who come from the communities that we serve and the communities that we come from. And so Until Freedom is opening two offices, one in Louisville and one in Lexington from now until the election in November. It is not a long time. It is that's a short period of time. From now in June to November. We've got a short period of time to fight this fight. And sometimes that works better for our people because folks get the opportunity to stay focused. And the main thing that we need, in addition to people coming down here and spending weekends and week days at events, knocking on doors, showing up all over the city the state of Kentucky, but specifically in these two areas where we're going to be focusing heavily, we need that support.
Speaker 1: We need people to be door.
Speaker 4: Knockers, to be to make phone calls, even from wherever you are. You can be in New York City, we can get you a voter role and you can call and inform people about who Daniel Cameron is and you can work with us, but also it is not going to be free.
Speaker 1: It costs us.
Speaker 4: We spent over a million dollars when we lived in Kentucky during that four month period, between our housing, the food to feed all of the twenty five activists who were here on a regular basis living with us throughout the protest. We also supported a number of organizations. We gave out hundreds of thousands of dollars to smaller grassroots groups and people who have not you know, don't necessarily have access to funding. We fed over four thousand people by giving out food and giving out produce and other things. Shout out to our brother Traded True, who helped to donate several trucks.
Speaker 1: Of food, so we had that going on.
Speaker 4: We had many different celebrities that came in using their shows, whether it be Love and Hip Hop or Atlanta Housewives, and just so many different people. Earned Roland who works in the NBA. He had several athletes to come and be a part of our efforts. And it costs money to facilitate all of those activities. It costs money to facilitate hotels for some of those individuals. Some of them paid for themselves, others, we had to cover their expenses. And then finally, you know, a lot of our people, they have issues. People are living on the street literally while they protests, living on the street, not having food all day. And so in addition to feeding mass numbers of people and knocking on we knocked on thousands, hundreds of thousands of doors to get people out to the protests, to explain, explain to people what was going on, and to keep the local community informed. We delivered boxes of food to our elders and to families. We did all of that work for a four month period and some beyond that. But we also had to help and support individuals who were in need who are a part of the protest community. So these this is a it's a lot of work.
Speaker 1: It's not easy.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of work. It takes a lot of resources, and we cannot do it on air. And I'm telling you right now, with all the things we're doing, opening the two offices, everything that we're doing, we do not have the resources. But we believe, we believe in all of you, We believe in God most of all, and we think to meet a Palmer. Brionna Taylor's mother for today donating to Until Freedom and asking people in Brionna Taylor's name to donate in her in the honor of her thirtieth birthday, to donate thirty dollars, three hundred dollars, three thousand dollars and even more than that to support until Freedom and what we are doing here and can and so again, we believe in God, we believe in all of you, and we are grateful to everybody that's already supported us, but we need support right now to help us do the work of stopping Daniel Cameron from being rewarded for being a hindrance to justice, an obstructionist to justice. So thank y'all for the support and we look forward to continuing, you know, our work with you all today. You know, as I sit and really just think about so many things that's happening in this country, my thought of the day is, I wonder if people understand all that it takes to lead a movement and their personal role.
Speaker 1: People often say to us, how do y'all survive? Like where does the resources? Where do the resources come from?
Speaker 4: And I would submit to you today that as a part of my thought of the day, I would submit to you that if you have not donated.
Speaker 1: A dollar, five dollars, ten dollars.
Speaker 4: Barack Obama won his campaign for presidency in both elections based upon small donations one dollar, ten dollars, five dollars, twenty dollars, one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: That's how he won his elections. That's the way that.
Speaker 4: They put an army together to raise the money needed for him to win.
Speaker 1: And if you haven't given.
Speaker 4: When you're asking how does it happen, know that you are a part of that process. Know that you are the person that we need to help us do our work. So please go to untilfreedom dot com today, Please and give thirty dollars, three hundred dollars, three thousand dollars. Call your family and friends, do whatever you can. And if all you have is three dollars, then what do you say?
Speaker 2: My song?
Speaker 1: All you have is we need? That's right, All you have is all we need.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna we usually talk about a bunch of stories, but for today, we wanted to take the necessary and appropriate time to lay out what's happening in Kentucky and the support that we need from you all. And we're gonna bring our guests on because we want to talk about another issue. It's a little lighter, but hey, if you're successful at this next topic, you might be successful at.
Speaker 1: Supporting the movement even more so. Let's bring our guests on.
Speaker 4: So today we're joined by more of our friends. Their new friends to you, but they're certainly not new to me. Two young sisters that I admire, boss women doing big, big.
Speaker 1: Big, huge, huge, huge huge things.
Speaker 4: You know, first of all, I met I met them some time ago, have been following them on the internet, and the growth over a short period of time, just a few years is really, really truly incredible. I'm so out of both of these sisters out there doing big, big, big things, and I'm happy that I'm able to introduce them to you, my son, and also to introduce them to the street politicians family. Our two sisters from first of all, their podcast that is Banging Banging off the Chain is Diva Unfiltered Podcast.
Speaker 1: It's Dominique the Diva and Shay Parker.
Speaker 4: Thank y'all for joining us like we.
Speaker 1: Don't really deserve, like, thank you so much for having us.
Speaker 4: You know, we love you so much and we just admire you and we just thank you for everything. Both of you do by being such activists in the community and doing the real work and really being on the streets. And so we're so excited to be here today. Yes, absolutely, And I don't think we haven't seen to Meka since.
Speaker 1: And we read it today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we see each other at events, but it's always like so good. And you know, that's the one thing I do love about social media is that I never missed anything, because I was just saying before we got on here that I was just watching y'all swing around looking sexy in Jamaica last week. All week I saw a lot of things, ain't gonna tell you, y'all.
Speaker 1: Go check it out. You can see you because it's still there.
Speaker 4: Jamica, unless unless it's on Instagram, of course. But you know, it was an unfiltered vacation.
Speaker 1: We let loose. But that's really what the podcast is about.
Speaker 4: You know, we meet on the Purple couch and we kind of let loose and get unfiltered, you know, being media girls and working in syndicated radio and on air and on.
Speaker 1: Television, like you know, everyone gets to see us in our professional realm.
Speaker 4: But when we get to the couch, we really let loose and we talk about a pluthor of things. It might be talking on vacation, it might be what's going on locally in elections and pushing election day and making sure that we're out here in the community, getting people registered and aware of you know, things like that, and we just like to make sure that they understand that black women are so multifaceted.
Speaker 1: Like you know, yes, you.
Speaker 4: Saw us shaking it and were doing whatever on Instagram, but you know, HBCU brads over here, math grads over here. You know, we've been working in our industry right now for like over ten years, and so we just like to remind everybody that what you see on social media, like I think it went up because a lot of people don't really get to.
Speaker 1: See us shape right now. We don't show you all the regular but we'll be doing over thanks.
Speaker 3: I gonna see what's going on because I got to pay attention and me that let me see what we're just talking. But you know, I love first of all, I just love your energy. You know, your energy is dope. And I've been paying attention to you guys, and I'm like she said, I'm probably it sins. I have never actually physically met you guys, but just watching you grow from where you are. So how long have you been and how long have you guys been friends? Like, give us some backgreasth Well, we don't.
Speaker 1: Even know how we met.
Speaker 4: Actually, we don't remember like the day. We don't remember the day or what actually happened. We know we met down in the seventy five to seven. Diva was doing radio down there at the time, and I was coming back and forth because you know, I had a little bit I'm a little boyfriend down there and some type of way we met and we just automatically clicked. We would see each other at events all of the time. And if you're not familiar with the seven five seven, that's the Virginia Beach Norfolk area I was doing doing radio. You know, I went to Virginia State and I started doing radio in Richmond, Virginia. Then I went to the Virginia Beach area for three four years. That's where Shaye happens to be from. And being out of course that we're both, you know, media girls in the same realm, we just clicked from day one and since then.
Speaker 1: One time I moved to La like a couple of years.
Speaker 4: After doing radio down there like five years after I move to LA for a little bit and for the pune with her, Like what cool we had like a podcast, like one of those podcasting like together, like in the same city, and it just so happened. I moved back to DC in twenty seventeen and we've had Diva unfiltered ever since. And so we're on season three.
Speaker 2: Season four.
Speaker 1: We're right now gring season four right now.
Speaker 4: We're so excited to also announce that we will be joining Streets TV on Roku, so'll be available for you guys to get familiar with us if you have Reku on Streets TV starting every Thursday at nine pm this month. Yeah, just stay tuned to a Deep Unfield Instagram to find out the premiere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be super exciting.
Speaker 4: And I think for us, you know, expanding to a new platform and also you know, being radio girls, just showing showing women, especially that.
Speaker 1: Like you can you can present all the dimensions of you.
Speaker 4: We find that often, you know, when we show up in the world, we're only presenting as one side of us. It's almost like a Rubik's cube, you know, you're showing one side. It's like the family woman, the mother on one side, the career woman on the other side, you know, and all of these other facets. But we want women and men also to know that it's okay to show.
Speaker 1: Up as all of you and all of those things you know still still be true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my soign I saw one time it came up on a brother, Claud. He was in a strip club down there, and it was surprised to see you down there.
Speaker 2: I'm like, listen, I go to strip club like you go to strip club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'm at the strip club for the wing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: That's a great I've used that one before. That's my that's my favorite excuse the wings. It was nowhere else to eat in town. And they tell you the truth. It's not even a lie.
Speaker 4: When we land at one o'clock in the morning in a particular city, especially these small small towns where everything is closed, the only thing open is the strip club. And they're the ones that got the wings in, the French fries and the food trucks outside.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite. Good Yeah, okay, that's magic. I don't know how clean it is.
Speaker 4: I don't know how clean it is, but it certainly tastes good. So, but listen, I heard you all talking about podcasts and you're talking about radio, and I want people to be clear about what you do. So you have Diva Unfiltered, which is a podcast that the two of you are on together, but you both are on top radio stations separately in the DC area as host, right.
Speaker 1: Lily, Yeah, Lily, So, I'm on the.
Speaker 4: Show with Dominique the Diva's afternoon Drive of ninety three point nine WKYS. It's syndicated in several other cities, but it's based out of DC, right in the nation's capital. In DC from three to seven pm, you can catch me on the Quick Silver Show with Dominique the Diva, and it's syndicated, so we're also in Columbus, and we're also in Cincinnati and Baltimore, and that is where you can also hear Shae Parker, Honey and the company in the mornings on the flagship Baltimore's station, which has been like such a joy for me and I'm still new. I'm still new in Baltimore, Sorda Kida, but every weekday from six am until ten am.
Speaker 1: So it's just.
Speaker 4: Funny how it all plays out, especially when we come on the purple couch because I bring what I came through, what I went through this week, be because of what she went through this week.
Speaker 1: And then we just really just let it all out and say the things that we can't say on the radio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I say that's the difference for people don't realize as me, your girls then even you know what your work that you do is activists. You know, it's a lot having to keep up with headlines. We have to keep up with all the headlines, right, we got to keep up with the blogs talking about with the national news that's talking about local news, uh, state laws, things appertain to black families, black men, black women. We have to stay abreast of all of these things all the time, and we have to be accurate with the information, and we have to transformulate opinions. And so when we get to this couch, that's why it's unfiltered, because it's like right here's were keeping it. We keeping it abuck with you and and that's what you guys will listen here or watch when you check out DEVA.
Speaker 3: So as as black women in this industry, do you find this there? Massogyny? Do y'all deal with you know, any type all of that type of issues that I hear about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially with such a male dominated industry, and you know how the music industry, radio industry can be, and so that is stuff to navigates sometimes. Yeah, I think, honestly for us, and I won't speak for you, Diva, but you can chime in here. I honestly feel as though we've I've been really blessed not to have to experience some of the things that you know, other women or some of my colleagues have had to face.
Speaker 1: In the industry.
Speaker 4: I came up under, you know, an amazing program director, Jay One, and you know actors Now.
Speaker 1: They truly do respect what we do.
Speaker 4: And I think it's because we come with so much, you know, assertiveness and discipline and respect for what we do, and we're just really you know, focused on how things sound and what we're saying and how we're speaking to our community. So I think that plays a lot into it. It's so unfortunate when we do hear stories of women who you know, are going through sort of like sexual you know, harassment situations in the workplace. Those things do absolutely happen. We've just really been blessed not to have to, you know, really have to twice those things personally, so so in align with that, though I know it's difficult. We have a podcast as well that you all are on right now, on Street Politicians, and we do a host of other things.
Speaker 1: Longevity is not easy, right for women, for men, for.
Speaker 4: All of us, and especially for women because we are always looked at, as you know, our brands are not going to be successful. There's you know, there's there's not many spaces for us in this industry. But you all have been here for a while. I think you said your podcast has been it's four seasons since twenty and thirteen eighteen eighteen. That's a long time in the world of media because the cycle change is so much. What do you think has been the keys to success? And while you're answering that, let's talk about like those gotcha moments, Like we see all of these YouTubers and people who are popping up now, they're trying to figure out what's the spiciest story. You talked about dominique truth and making sure that your reporting is accurate. How are you keeping up with that and not being the first to jump on the story so you can maintain your space in the podcast world. Well, I think we represent a whole plethora of people who also like, really love what it is that we're all doing right, And so when you do that, you have a certain respect for it, and you do your research about it, and you feel confident and showing everybody that, Okay, look it's cool, but you don't have to try to be the first of everything. It's more important that you're accurate because these are real people. From where we sit being radio girls, we get to see celebrities as human beings. Right, I get to talk to all the fans before they come for the meet and greet, Right then I get to go talk.
Speaker 1: To celeb on this bus.
Speaker 4: It's like we get to see things from the whole point of view of you know, talking to listeners who are just excited and knowing that celebrities are human too, so knowing that it's important to be more accurate than anything than to be first. And I think sometimes that you know the blog culture and you know the rest of the entertainment industry, like we all really like work together together on this, and we have to remember that it affects.
Speaker 1: Like people in real life.
Speaker 4: If you have a every friend, you might have witnessed them going through some stuff that's going on on the blocks that's not even true, but it's like up for me, you know, in the maytime, like if you're on that level with them. So I think it's just important for us to use that platform to do that. I don't know if I aswered her question just to be responsible, And I think what a lot of people when they start podcasts, they're more interested in going viral, like what is going to be that viral moment? What am I gonna talk about? That is really going to get people talking even if it's not true. And again, for where we stand, we just don't want that to ever, you know, get confused with our brand. And what I feel is though our you know, our audience and our supporters really appreciate is that we may not be talking about it first, but when we do talk about it, we're bringing a different perspective to the conversation because everybody's talking about it, just like I want to say things like how are you talking about it? You're gonna put on it? And sometimes we don't mind like you know, making black girls mad by making us be accountable and talking to us about situations where we're wrong too, or things like that, you know that they might not talk about it from that point of view.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, So, So what do you guys see your podcast and what you do in the next five years, Like what do y'all want it to be?
Speaker 4: That's interesting because like we just started with Streets TV and I don't know, it's a talk show, but daytime TV is not ready for us, honey, so it might be have to be on the late night.
Speaker 1: You really be customing staying all types of things.
Speaker 4: You have podcast, We have a title call like, ma, you don't want to listen to this one, and they go and listen to it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Because so y'all are talking about controversial topics.
Speaker 4: Of course, you're talking about sex, you're talking about politics, you're talking about body parts, like y'all right, being gone mad like the bed really sure, okay, but that's not the topics that Mama doesn't want to listen to.
Speaker 1: Those are Those are the ones that Mama supports.
Speaker 4: It's the other stuff y'all be talking about that you know, kind of gets people excited.
Speaker 3: We we we you know, we see the controversy and I've seen that Dominique had made the comment about Michael b. Jordan being corny. You know, so how did what happened? What did you get a lot of backlash? Like what happened as a result of that coming It.
Speaker 1: Was opera that like the corny regrade attacked. It was World War three with the nuclear and trench warfare.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, and my comments, fortes, death threats, all sorts of things and so thank god threats. Yes, I really showed how they ended up bullying me and said way worse things than the word corny that I did.
Speaker 1: But that was said about that.
Speaker 4: But look, I've been going a radio since I was nineteen years old, and somebody being mad about something I said, it's just another day to be okay, I say what I'm saying, like y'all say way worse than in comments every day, like let's be for real, and that's all perspected that I'm coming to. I'm not doing anything for like shock value like I had actually in the context bigged him up, like we all know that we need our got to be at.
Speaker 1: Least five to seven percent corny.
Speaker 4: So he threw all the cheesy stuff you want to do, like do picnics and take you on days of playing.
Speaker 1: Days like you're not gonna get that from Jaquandrion.
Speaker 2: I get so what I want.
Speaker 1: I want a big deal like keeping what's really a big deal about that? So I can't really just show how.
Speaker 4: You know, a lot of times the people who are on the internet again are presenting one way and are just looking at are looking for something to be upset about, something to release some anger on, or just something to talk about. And it was just like, okay, is it a slow news week? Like are we really gonna go this hard for the whole week?
Speaker 1: And they really went that hard for the whole the whole that fun.
Speaker 3: So I want to ask a question, just as a man, right, what do do for me? I've heard so many different perspectives. I heard women that's like, you know, I don't want no corny dude, that's just too nice. I want a god that gives me a little spice, you know, some of them that might treat me bad, might not answer my call sometimes.
Speaker 2: Or do I mean, what do women actually prefer?
Speaker 3: Because there's this this up and down because I don't know what we want.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's what I said, that's what.
Speaker 4: We want to have something I'm just kidding, but we know we need him to be like you know, as you grow up, you know, as you grow as a.
Speaker 1: Woman, you might realize, like, hey, you know what, I probably do.
Speaker 4: Need about five to seven percent, like like Cornia just a little bit.
Speaker 1: But you know, different women want different things. I've heard plenty of women say I love my husband.
Speaker 4: He is so corny and every Sunday we you know, whatever they whatever they do. And like a lot of people that are corny as well. Hit me up and was like, yeah, people call me cornyer all the time because I like anime, but I mean it is what it is. So the rest of my life, you just have to really have the voice in your head be bigger than everyone else's opinion of you.
Speaker 1: And that's one thing that we shay and I try to let every you.
Speaker 4: Know, everyone know as far as these days where it's hard you can't say anything without someone getting offended these days, but I cannot allow you to stop him from being yourself and from using your voice and saying the thing that you want to say how you want to say them. Because you're talking to your people, you're talking to your tribe, and you need them to find you. So you got to keep it real.
Speaker 1: So that they can.
Speaker 4: Well, I agree, I agree, and you know, I don't know if anybody knows what they want in this society.
Speaker 1: I think we know what we want. We kind of get the essence of it.
Speaker 4: But we're ever evolving as humans, and so some things trigger us. Some things were okay, well we were nineteen twenty, twenty five, thirty one, thirty two. Now things are changing in your life and your mind, so certainly you know that it is ever evolving what we want. To answer that question, I will say that I watch some of the dialogue around the corny comment, and I think that what much of the sensible pushback. I don't know about death threats and all of that, that's extra, too extra, but I know that the pushback from some people was just the idea that because somebody is a nice guy or not a thug and not so you know, violent or you know, just profane, that it makes them corny. That we need to as a community allow space for people who are different to not be looked at in such a negative context that.
Speaker 1: They are corny.
Speaker 4: And so I saw that, and I wonder, I guess my last question is did you open up your thoughts and your mind and your heart as you heard more people. Because sometimes when I'm getting attacked, when people are coming at me, it's hard, like I reject a lot of it. But then I think what helps us grow is when we can sit back and pull pieces from what we're hearing and the noise out there and say, you know what I see or understand this, you know particular thing, and it's just very similar. A good example is Epany k Williams after her statement about whatever I forget the bus driver compment that was our friend Teslin figure Ro calls it bus gate. I love that shout out to Teslin. It was just so much for you know about the bus driver gates. So I just I wonder, you know, I wonder if Ebany feels different. I wonder if her interactions and the comments that were made from uh Aana Venzan if that helped. Because Iana, excuse me, because one of the things that Yanda said is it is not whether or not you will date a bus drivers, whether or not the bus driver will date you. Like, we have to humble ourselves and look in all directions. So from your perspective, Dominique is the closer here today. Tell us from your did you feel or see anything different and approach it from a different perspective.
Speaker 2: No. Yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: Like one of the behind the scenes dealing with that situation with felt best was the people who knew me and knew know me and know my heart already was like, oh they got you. Oh they're not familiar. And this is why I stand on what I said. You know, everyone's interpretation of corny is is their own interpretation, right, And what I and then that wasn't meant in malice, right, you know, it's not that deep. But the reason why I said he was corny, I also stated, and I was very clear. I was just speaking on the fact that he likes to date white women, right, And that's fine, he can have his preference.
Speaker 1: But I did feel as though the Lloyd Harvey publicity relationship really really just made a lot of people forgot about his previous dating and that's his thing.
Speaker 4: But when it comes to me, I'm always going to root for black love first, and a lot of times it seems as though whenever you are for or pro black love, then it gets turned into oh, well, she must hate this.
Speaker 1: No I'm not the girl.
Speaker 4: Let's looking at the interracial couple like I'm not even looking at y'all. I'm the girl and us telling them my sister over here, like, girl, don't worry about him, he's corny anyway, come on, let's have a drink, oh, whatever the case may be. So that was the reason, you know, my reasoning, and I shared my reasoning, and it was just because you know, I'm pro black love, and that's it. You know, we have some people in our community who will take this time to explain to people that are not of our community why they said to say they you know, the things that we say and why we do what we do. And I'm just not one of those people because I don't have time for that. I talk on the radio. I talk a lot of shit all day every day from the podcast to your always, So they're just gonna have to stay mad, honey, He's all right. And I also bigged up a lot of my favorite corny men out here in this world. And let me tell you, they don't have a shortage of money or women, honey.
Speaker 1: So that's fine.
Speaker 4: You wear that loud and crowd out there, okay, because we need out here.
Speaker 2: You know, what the reality is is some of us was corny.
Speaker 3: There was a stage that people was corny, Like you could probably look back at your old high school that I might have been a little corny. I had to uncorny myself.
Speaker 2: I've got two.
Speaker 4: Belts one time, like why let me wear a belt up here? And then.
Speaker 2: You got to own that.
Speaker 4: If corny is synonymous with intentionality, with I'm not. And of course I hear you about the white women thing, that's a whole different show, different conversation. Matter of fact, y'all need to invite us separately, and yes we'll get into an argument me and my song, So separate differentations. So we can talk about people on podcasts and shows like yours that talk about all types of issues. Often, just like my son said, you know, this guy saw him in the strip club and was like, oh, you know what you're doing here? I have the same problem with my friends, my sisters that do all types of things. They'll be like, oh, no, we can't talk to you about sex, toys or this, and I'm like, yo, I'm just.
Speaker 1: A regular person.
Speaker 4: I could talk about any issue just because I get out in these streets and I'm pushing peace and pushing justice and pushing equity and all of that doesn't mean that I don't also have my own life and experiences and things that I could talk about on the other side. But so you no, And in that day, if he's corny, and it means that he is calm and stable and willing to be intentional about our relationship, Honey sent.
Speaker 1: Them and.
Speaker 4: People people project from what they have experienced. So if your experience has been people calling you corny because you have been intentional because you're not a thug, or because you're a calm you're taking that with you and how you're responding to her comment. But she never said any of those things. I said, we we love the fact that he rented out an inquiryum for his girlfriend, because that's what corny man do.
Speaker 1: I need to get you one, and that's why I'm I'm trying to look for one.
Speaker 2: I want.
Speaker 1: One, I WoT sing. So we gotta go to day here and talk all night. But I both be single. Who's asking, who's me?
Speaker 4: Just this? And I ain't really been single since two thousand and nine. If I'm being yeah, no, no, okay, you know the situationships are fine, but I mean not married.
Speaker 1: That's not married.
Speaker 4: You aures single and you know what parny guys. Sign up, sign up, y'all find a separate perspection.
Speaker 1: By the Yeah, yeah, yeah exactly. We're just messing with ya.
Speaker 4: We love y'all so much, and again we look forward to an invitation for separate interviews.
Speaker 1: On the podcast.
Speaker 4: You know, I want to thank both of you because you've covered our work.
Speaker 1: You call me from the street while we're out.
Speaker 4: In the middle of the protests and try to get us on the air to talk about what we're doing around this social justice movement.
Speaker 1: Keeping in a voice you.
Speaker 4: You are are too beautiful young women. You're you're well spoken, you're quick, you're witty, and you're courageous and that's what's important.
Speaker 1: And so and you're successful.
Speaker 2: Thank god.
Speaker 1: Yah got y'all got about two Yes, thank you, that's all I need.
Speaker 2: Keep it up, Keep it up, keep you.
Speaker 4: Appreciate really appreciate it means keep Unfiltered podcast with Dominique the Diva and Jay Parker.
Speaker 1: Thank y'all so much for joining street politicians again that dop dop, Yeah, they dope.
Speaker 3: Energy, and you know, and and and and I just want to say, you know, people, people get so wrapped up in what somebody else's perception is or with somebody else's definition of something is.
Speaker 2: If you see me as corny? Right?
Speaker 3: Only only way you really it matters to me what you see me as is if you matter to me. Right, So if a stranger sees me as a corny individual, why why would I take it?
Speaker 2: Person?
Speaker 3: Know that you see me? And then I have to think about, all right, what is your definition of corny? And if certain things that I do, like oh you outside, or you do this and you do this, those are things that I do and those are things that they may see it's corny. So is that right a wrong? It's did perception. You can't take somebody's perception away from them based on what you think. You know your definition of cornya. My definition of cornya is two different things. You know, if people get me that's some corny shit.
Speaker 2: You what you mean corny?
Speaker 3: Well, I can break down why I think it's corny, and you might not agree with those things, right, you might not agree those reasons make somebody carny, but that may be my definition of cordity.
Speaker 2: So corny is just I.
Speaker 1: Agree with you.
Speaker 4: But I also think that there's a negative narrative out there about black men that we have to be very careful about.
Speaker 1: Right, So when when we make the statement that Michael B.
Speaker 4: Jordan or someone like him who we don't know anything about what he does behind the scenes every day.
Speaker 1: He could be the thuggiest thug, he could be shoot.
Speaker 4: Him up, bang bang, he could be popping pills, doing drugs, selling drugs.
Speaker 1: We don't know. Right. Life reveals things about everybody.
Speaker 3: And its corny drug sealers and shooters.
Speaker 4: No, it is, but but there is a narrative that has been pushed to our children that in order for you to not decorny, then you need to be these things that can often be dangerous to yourself and to your community. And I'm saying I'm just well, I'm saying that that is a narrative.
Speaker 2: It is an issue.
Speaker 1: It's like saying, I saw a video the other day where.
Speaker 4: A young girl was like, you know, when the way I speak, I've been you know, I speak pretty proper, and people say, oh, you sound like a white girl, or you're trying to be white.
Speaker 1: And so the narrative has become that.
Speaker 4: All the things that's positive and that's good about us can be looked at as corny or acting white or in a way that makes a young person who has the potential to be all of these great things feel like, Naw, that's not the path that I want to take because it's they, oh, they think is corny. So I'm just saying that that's one of the that's that's some of the feedback, and it's very similar with the Ebany K.
Speaker 1: Williams piece.
Speaker 4: It's like, you know, a bus driver can actually be better to you and be a better man than somebody who might have millions of dollars that beats your ass and cheats on you and has children out of wedlock.
Speaker 1: Right, So it's just that we have to be careful with the power of our tongue and how it influences our young people. What you're saying makes perfect sense, and what Dominique is saying makes perfect sense. Also understanding who they are, the young people that you know, the way they talk that to her, that she didn't feel like she was disrespecting Michael B. Jordan. I'm just saying that in the context of.
Speaker 4: How of the labels that we as black folks fight against, and how we're trying to help our children understand that going to school to get educated becoming you know, a professional, you know, having a professional job, and you know, staying out of trouble, staying off the streets, not being violent.
Speaker 1: Those things.
Speaker 4: We want to make sure that they don't become synonymous with being corny.
Speaker 1: So I think that's where some people.
Speaker 2: Think that makes sense.
Speaker 3: I just I also just think that there are like, there are people who are trendy, and there are people who are square.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: It's there's the square person who wants to stay home.
Speaker 2: And watch and read and watch TV all the time. Right.
Speaker 3: They're not really into the cultural things. They don't really want to be involved, they don't like to hang out, and that's your preference, right, But there are other people who see that as something that they love.
Speaker 2: They love I want that type of individual, right.
Speaker 3: I think maybe I think maybe the connotation and the word corny, maybe we need to change it into something else, because for me, corny is not someone who is is uh, you know, someone who is a straight and narrow square And we usually call it square because that means that they go straight by the book, you know, they don't. They don't they don't really bend much. They're not very flexible, you know. So that's something I think corny for me is someone who tries to har That's what corny is to me. Corny is someone who is trying to be like. You have people who because they have money, they want to show off and they want to make you think that they're bigger than they are, and they pull out their money and they try to look down on other people.
Speaker 2: That's corny to me. You know, that's those I call corny.
Speaker 4: I want to tell you that I think there are a lot of reasons why people can be corny, and a lot of differences.
Speaker 1: Corny, fake, whatever.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that the power of our words is important and when and what all I was talking about is that the backlash doesn't just come from people who are sensitive and just feel like, oh, you're.
Speaker 1: Calling me corny.
Speaker 4: The backlash may also have come from people who know that they're raising a son or a daughter right now. I remember somebody in my family told my brother, who works really hard every day, he's a hard worker, he works in a factory, takes care of his family. They like, man, that's corny, right, Because that is that sometimes becomes where people's mind go when they see a person like a Michael B. Jordan or somebody like that who we believe has this stellar life and future and career and it's doing it all the right way. Again, we don't know anything because I didn't even know he dated white women. I had no idea about that. But all things are revealed, and we just have to be careful because our kids seem to believe, some of them that to do the right thing is to be corny.
Speaker 2: Okay, I agree with that.
Speaker 3: I definitely know anyway anyway, you know, so we agree with that, we found it, we found some common ground. But that brings me to my I don't get it. And it's a topic that you posted on your page today and it was really crazy to me.
Speaker 2: I just don't get how we got to a time.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we've always been at the time, but the blatant disregard for this black life, that white people just shoot you randomly and kill you randomly. You got, you know, Jordan nearly choked to death by a white man. You know, you have this lad What is the lady's name to me?
Speaker 4: Because, oh my god, a geeky always always.
Speaker 3: I just don't get how she just was a white woman decides that she's gonna shoot her through the door because she went to have a conversation about her hitting one of her children, right, and she went to have a conversation with woman, A woman shoots through the door and she was brought down for question and then released just back into like, how are we allowing people to just kill people and just go home?
Speaker 2: That don't happen for black people.
Speaker 3: Showed me the black person that shot somebody through their door, that shot somebody, that even shot somebody in self defense that they knew somebody was coming to kill they shot him, and they walk out the precinct the day without being charge for anything.
Speaker 2: I just don't understand it.
Speaker 4: I don't want us to just keep calling her the white woman. I want to make sure we put her name out Susan Laurick, the same way that they do ours, exactly exactly. Susan Laurick is the white woman who shot her neighbor, which is Ijki Owens shot her after an encounter with uh the where Susan Laurick had with her son, her twelve year old son, a twelve year old son, in which she hit him with a roller bled and she was detained for a few moments just to give people the proper context. We're gonna talk more about this story as we've now met the family, we're working with them. Attorney Ben Crump is on the case, and we're going to talk more about this.
Speaker 1: But to your point, we're living in a time, we're living.
Speaker 4: In a society, and I guess it always has been right because when they picked up Carolyn Bryant or this is not necessarily picked her up. But when Carolyn Bryant told her story that in Mantil whistled at her, those white men went down to the precint for a few moments, if at all, they were questioned and they left and that was the end of it. And that's because the system, the current system of policing across this nation, the current system does not work at all. It's throw it in the trash. It is not working. And we constantly see these things over and over again. But the media campaign of the elected officials and other black folks that look like us with have you believing that you must have police in your community in order to be safe, And meanwhile the police are there and you're still saying your communities are not safe. So you're still saying the community is not safe. The shootings are still happening and the police are everywhere, So what the hell will you say now? Something needs to be done. We need to get back into the streets today. So we've got to close Street Politicians and close this episode and come back and talk with you all some more later during the week. But there are there's so many different things going on and a lot to uncover, and I just want to remind you to go back to until Freedom dot com.
Speaker 1: Go to until Freedom.
Speaker 4: If you already gave, go back and give again, because you might have an extra five dollars that you're able to spare after listening to us. Talk now about a new case that we've gotten involved with, which is our sister a jeeky owens Aj in Okalla, Florida, where we're gonna have to travel soon to ensure that a white woman, Susan Lauric is arrested for shooting for first of all us assalting her the son, a twelve year old child, and then shooting the mother to death.
Speaker 2: Love that mercy. So that brings us to the end of another show.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Dominique the Diva and Shae Parker Divas in Filter podcasts amazing young ladies, man, please check them out. They are hilarious, they're witty, and they're beautiful young black queens. So thanks for having them. We got to go back to do this work. Man. Thanks to everybody as Street Politicians who supports us. That makes us the number one podcast in the world. We appreciate you, man. Continue to show us love. Hit us up at Street Politicians part. Let us know what you want to hear, what you don't like, what you do like. Continue to support us, man, We love you and we're out once again. I'm not gonna always be right, Tamika d Matteries not can always be wrong, but we will both always and I mean always be authentic.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, Breonna Taylor.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday, Bree Breathway.
Speaker 4: Listen to Street Politicians on the Black Effect Network on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: And catch us every single Wednesday for the video version of Street Politicians or iwomen dot TV.
Speaker 2: That's how we own it.