Speaker 1: That we have come out to.
Speaker 2: Do the way I get Salas saying you a conscious will be entire tell and if you want a little banging again, I come along.
Speaker 1: Think of how easy it would be to be a damn Republican.
Speaker 2: Oh what should I wear today?
Speaker 1: This stupid freaking red hat. What should I say today?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Just make sure it's cruel.
Speaker 2: Democratic ages have sued this dude forty four times, and we'll assue him forty four more and forty four more after that. We could lose everything.
Speaker 4: We could lose our democracy, our constitutional republic, all because of one man cradom.
Speaker 1: Is that style? Welcome to the revolution that we have come in to your.
Speaker 2: On the way I get Salas and saying you a conscious silt. New Sean Hannity Show, More behind the scenes on Freaking News and more bold inspired solutions for America. Hello America, It's Peter Schweitzer and that is Eric Eggers, and we're filling in for Sean today. We're with a government accountability Institute. We have a podcast which you can find out about at the drill down dot com and you can join the conversation one eight hundred nine four one seven three two six when h nine four one seven three two six. We have a great guest. Now we live in the Sunshine State, the great state of Florida. I've been here for thirty plus years. You were born here and raised here. New Lieutenant governor appointed just a couple of weeks ago, Jay Collins a real badass. Now it's hard to think of politicians as being a badass.
Speaker 3: Well especially lieutenant governors, because like it's like lieutenant governor is kind of like vice president but worse.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like, what do you actually do?
Speaker 3: Florida has been famous for not having one for an extended period of time, so that we have one, it was news a couple of weeks ago, but then when they picked the one they picked, it became even more newsworthy. And he's been to work quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Jay Collins is a former Green Beret. He's been a state senator. He's introduced and passed great legislation that we're going to talk about. But we want to talk to him first of all about what's going on with regards to illegal immigration in the state of Florida and the initiatives that are taking place there. Lieutenant Governor Collins how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing well. Thank you for having me on today.
Speaker 2: So tell us we had this terrible tragedy in the Florida Highway where three in some people died. You had this migrant illegally in the country who took that incredible U turn in traffic. Three people died. You actually went and brought him back to the state of Florida to face justice. You essentially purp walked him off of the plane and you said, there's absolutely no leniency for what he did. Tell us why this issue is so important to you, and what are the some of the tangible things that the state of Florida is doing that's different compared to a lot of other states around the country.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, that's a great question, and let's just kind of start with where this thing all began. Three innocent lives were ended early because of somebody who crossed over the California border in twenty eighteen illegally gained the asylum system in a state that we know, frankly cares more about legal immigrants than they do Californians American citizens, and certainly obviously don't care what happened in Florida to our people. But we do so. Yes, absolutely, I had no faith nor did the governor, to see that Gavin Newsom was going to follow along do the right thing. So we went over there, we held the press conference, we talked about it, we made sure that everyone knew we were there, and then we made sure this got brought back because what I want our people to know is that our government is going to go over there. We're going to stand for them and make sure that somebody faces justice. Because what if that was your loved one. What if that was your neighbor, someone you knew, and they lost their life and they were playing the game with the asylum system, or in California or New Mexico or some other liberal statement just doesn't want to follow President Trump's agenda, Donald Governor of Stantus's agenda, or frankly just basic common sense. Somebody has to lead, and we are the conservative proving grounds of America. And that's what we did.
Speaker 3: Now, you guys have been leading, not just in terms of being aggressive to go retrieve this individual. Wall Street Journal chronicled the efforts to deputize members of the Florida State Highway Patrol to be kind of the boots on the ground as part of the immigration enforcement. Obviously, there's been the Alligator Alcatraz that's been now they're fighting over in court, but that's gotten a lot of headlines as well. Why is immigration such a big issue to your administration now?
Speaker 1: Well, look, the American people made this completely clear. They want the illegal immigration problem taken care of. That was made clear when President Trump won with an overwhelming majority. And where are we at, well here or we take that seriously? We think that when the American people implority and say they want to taken care of, well, we're going to do that. Our two eighty seven g agreements they lead the way across every state. You saw Alligator Alcatraz. As you mentioned, deportation depot. We're out there actively working with our highway patrol or other law enforcement because as required for them to work with our federal assets to keep this thing moving forward. Ultimately, you know, everything we do keeps our people safer. And I really wish other governors would step up and stand up for their people and do the same thing. How much better would our nation be if they took this opportunity with leadership by President Trump pushed down to have the state support them. We can really make a difference and follow through on the exact same things we said we were going to do. That's what people want to see, and that's what leadership is all about.
Speaker 3: And I know leaderships are very important issue to you. And it's weird. You know, you're a lieutenant governor now you've been in the legislature. For a politician or a bureaucrat a tough day, it can be like back back teams, meetings with an ornery it department or something. But for you, you, I know, as the state senator, you went to Israel at when the Iran Israel conflict was at its height, and you went there to try to rescue and help get people that were over there who might have been harm's way back home to safety. Talk about that. What motivated you to do that and what's that like? Just I mean, we've heard stories, but I know that was something that was very important to you and why you felt like you needed to.
Speaker 1: Do it, And Eric, thank you for that. Look, I'm going to quote some of my liberal colleagues from California right who serve in the legislature and other roles. I don't identify as a politician. I identify as God fearing gun, loving freedom, defending bacon eating one legged retired Green Beret. I mean, the leadership comes from the front. We put our people first, and you got to put your money and your butt where your mouth is. So that's what we did. I sow it Israel because what if that was my loved one, What if my children life, We're trapped in the country with Iran shooting nobilistic missiles at them. I would hope and pray that our leadership stood up and did that. And I love how the Trump team, how President Trump has pushed down emergencies to the States. This was an emergency. He has clearly said the States would step up and lead. And that's what we did. We partnered with them, we worked beside them, and ultimately brought them back right here to Florida. And it wasn't just Floridians. We brought back over twenty three hundred American citizens that are safer got to see their families because we took the opportunity given us to step up and fight for our people and bring them home. How many more can we have brought back if other governors would have done the right thing and stood up for their people the same way.
Speaker 2: Well, Lieutenant Governor, you were there and it was a war zone. So I have to tell you I've never been in a war zone. I don't want to be in a war zone. What does a missile actually sound like? What does it feel like to be in a situation where missiles are being fired at the location where you happen to be.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you this was kind of like an old pair of boots. I gotta be honest when I tell you I didn't want to run for politics or getting involved in politics. I really meant that I'm here because I saw no other way to solve problems. I believe in making a difference for our people, and you can't stand on the sideline. We are just at that point in life and I've been shot at and I've been shot by a couple of things. This is my first time with ballistic missiles. Shared the noise they might coming across the sky is unlike anything I had seen. Explosions are pretty amazing. We had some land within a few hundred feet of us. There was going everywhere, you know. Luckily in Israel there were bunkers and bomb shelters. We got people in there, but the risk is very real. We were out there with a group of people just trying to get them on the buses to drive to the Georganian border, and we had a bunch of our running missiles start hitting the ground around us. So mid stride we had to get them in the bunker, get safe, and I'm popping up checking to see, you know, what are we done, what's going on? Get updates and they're still coming. The barrage was real, but you know what, we did what we had to do. Because after it was done, we dust it off, we collected our stuff, we got back on mission, We got him on a bus, and we got them back to America safely with their families. Because again, that's the kind of leadership we need to have in this country. People are tired of politicians you say one thing and do another. I want to be, and I have been, as a leader, someone who says what I mean. I mean what I say, and I follow it up with actions. That's the American way.
Speaker 3: So some of your actions are, in my opinion, Lieutenant Governor Collins, among the more interesting and important parts of your story. And if you're just joining in, if you're not sure, who's the voice that is that's Lieutenant Governor Jay Collins. He's only on the job as Lieutenant governor under Rond DeSantis for a couple of weeks, using the state legislature before that.
Speaker 2: But your story.
Speaker 3: You are a Green Beret, You're in Afghanistan, you were part of a firefight, and you suffered an injury that ultimately led to the loss of your leg. And not to focus on because you're the one said you're a one legged Green Beret, but it's not like it was instantaneous. Just talk a little bit about the process that ultimately led you to make this incredible decision you chose to have your leg amputated, and then talk about what happened to you after that.
Speaker 4: So I did.
Speaker 1: I had been hurt in two thousand and seven and it was kind of a rough year. I got shot, ended up doing surgery on myself in Afghanistan. I did a fasciotomy on my arm, saved my arm. But I do have two arms and one leg, so I must have done. I did. Okay, I'm pretty pretty comfortable with that one. And then later on I got hit by a mortar when they were trying to overrun our firebase, and again apparently getting blown up is bad for you. Who knew, right, I didn't know what it happened, because when you're fighting for your life, you fight for your life. If it's a no fail mission, you don't fail. Fought and we won, and we pushed the enemy out and didn't really realize how badly I had been hurt. You know, I had a headache, dusted it off, got happy and healthy, and just did what we had to do. But as time went on, it was a very insidious breakdown of my leg. Eventually I started having weird pains and my leg. I would want to go left and it wouldn't go left, it would go right, or it would not work at all, and I'd trip and fall. And you know, it was hard to understand because I had been in a very select group of people where my physicality was really how I did things and how I got by. And you know, Eric, You've heard me say this many times. Man, God's plan is so much bigger than our plan. All I wanted to do was be a Green Beret, or fight amongst the very select people to tip of the speirarit doing things for our country nobody knew about. But that wasn't God's plan. I got injured and I had to learn to use other skills and accept help and get up in a new way. And that's what I had to do. So over the next six and a half years or so, I went through a slow manifestation of my leg dying. I went through multiple surgeries and multiple exams and a lot of misdiagnosis before they figured out what was going on. And in twenty fourteen they cut my leg off and about a year about a year later, I requalified as a Green Beret. I was found fully fit for duty, and I had to earn my place back in our tribe because in that regiment, and as a Green Beret, there's only one standard. And I got to say, I am so grateful for the people who gave me the opportunity to prove myself because I didn't want it given. I had to earn it, and anything of value you have to earn. And again, so grateful that people gave me the chance to do that, because again there's some culpability with me as well. I should have taken a knee and I should have faced out. I should have realized that when things hurt and they didn't work, maybe I should quit. But when you reach a pinnacle of an organization like these, the last thing you want to do is leave. And not five besides your brother, not five beside the people who you would give your life for. In an instant and Adam.
Speaker 2: Well, Lieutenant Governor Jay Collins, it's great to have you on. We've got thirty seconds left. I want to ask you, are you going to run for governor of the State of Florida.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what I think. We're going on two weeks now. That's a great question. I am trying to be the best lieutenant governor I can be for the goat for America's Governor Ron DeSantis, finally getting my foot weg the other one too, and trying to make a difference. We'll continue to assess, but in the end, I'm really hyper focused on my job as lieutenant governor right now.
Speaker 2: Well, as we said, a true badass for Lieutenant governor of the State of Florida. Jay Collins, thanks for joining us. We appreciate you in the audience listening as well. We will be back in a minute. We've got more guests, We've got more conversation. The next hour we're going to have at the bottom of that hour in NFL, so please stay tuned.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Sean Handy Show. Peter Schweizer, Eric Eggers back in for Seawan. We're having a very important conversation about law and order. And you just heard from Lieutenant Governor Florida J. Collins, you know, who has served in the military, and they have deputized some of their own state law enforcement officials to be the boots on the ground for the federal level of ice enforcement. But another thing that Florida is doing is they are attracting law enforcement officials from around the country. We talked about one of New York's having a big cop shortage right down it's about to get worse. Thirty seven hundred troops become eligible for their twenty year pension I think this year, and a lot of those people are leaving cities where they feel like the leadership is hospible law enforcement and going to places like Florida where that leadership is much more pro A police officer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what do you think out there? Do you think we need more cops on the street. Do you feel like America's cities are safe? Join the conversation one eight hundred ninety four one seven three two six ninety four to one. SHO, we'd love to hear your opinions and thoughts on that. Seems like a lot of the elites are saying crimes aren't an issue, carjackings aren't a problem, just accept it and live with it. I'm wondering if that's your experience out there in the audience, or if you have a different perspective on crime.
Speaker 3: It was interesting to hear Harmey Dillon with the Attorney General's Office say that it's because those liberal elites tend to live in places where crime is not much of an issue. It's kind of one of those bonfire the vanities. To use a reference from some literary and cinematic by the way, pretty good, but I do think that, you know, she sounds like they're not super eager, at least in the Attorney General's Office to make the people like JB. Pritzker or Brandon Johnson Chicago, or the mayor of Baltimore take the troops from the federal level take accept military assistance even though it's obviously having a profound and beneficial impact in Washington, DC. Two weeks without a murder. All the major crime statistics are down across the board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't understand the notion. I mean, we hear this all the time, and I tend to agree with it. When when a child dies, you know, they say one death is too much, When a homeless person dies, one person is too much. But when it comes to crime, innocent people getting carjacked, getting killed, it's not so bad, it's acceptable. It's just weird to me, this blind spot that they have for crime. Maybe I'm the one out of touch. Maybe people out there in America aren't concerned about it, but I think we should be. And I think the numbers, they oftentimes lie about the numbers, they manipulate the numbers, And I think the perception that people have is correct, which is that's a serious problem.
Speaker 3: Well, if Donald Trump can do for America's crime what he did for the Cracker Broll logo, we'll all be a lot safer at night. We'll continue that conversation. He's Peter Schwizer, I'm Eric Eggers. This is the Sean Handy Show.
Speaker 1: Give us a call.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to you next one hundred and nine for one Sean one eight hundred and nine for one seven, three, two six, exposing government waste and abuse of your liberties every day.
Speaker 2: Sean Hannity is on right now, Hey as Peter Schweizer, That is Eric Eggers. We are filling in for Shawn. Join the conversation. One eight hundred ninety four one seven, three, two six, nine four one Sean. Very busy news day. We have the tragedy in Minnesota, the shooting that's taking place there. We have the controversy over a crime and the deployment of the National Guard. Just saw that Vladimir Putin is now threatening to march on Paris. I don't know how that is going to go, but we want to hear what you think about the crime problem in America. And coming up in the next hour, we have a couple of really terrific guests, so you'll want to stay tuned. Josh Cherard is going to join us. He's the director of law enforcement for Berna, but we're going to have him on because he's a former law enforcement officer, He's been at the scene of shootings. We're going to go greater and into depth what actually happened in Minneapolis and how they might be prevented and then at five point thirty, we have an NFL legend. I remember watching this guy when I was young in the eighties and high school and college. Mike Singletary of du Bears of Chicago Hall of Fame linebacker. He is going to give us, I think, an encouraging note about character, value and hard work and the importance of all of those to the future of our country. Something inspiring as we get ready for labor deck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's football season too, right, So if you're getting sad and a little frustrated here, as often people do when you listen to programs like this, it can be easy to become discouraged. And so I know Mike Singletary has a book out about that. He's meant to inspire every generation, give people something to kind of aspire to the vision that their life is meant to be. It's a really cool thing. He's got some cool stories about that. He's also newly with the Baylor radio program. So maybe we'll get a little bit of a college football because college football starts tonight. I know, we were joking. In the last segment of every show, Sean normally talks about what he's going to do on his television show that night. Yeah, fun fact about Peter Schwarz and me. We don't have TV shows, so we're like, what should we talk about in the last segment? For me, it's football. For me, it's football. You got Florida State play in Alabama this weekend. We finally get revenge being snubbed in the playoff couple of years ago. But no, but we do want to talk to you, so give us a call. It one eight hundred and nine four one sean one eight hundred and nine one seven three two six. And we have someone who's called in about the law enforcement. We have Patty from Florida, the Great Free State of Florida. Patty, what do you think is going on with law enforcement around these cities around the country.
Speaker 4: I think in general, we've had some bad actors and they get a lot of publicity. I think there has been a decline in the respect and appreciation for what law enforcement provides us day in and day out. Three sixty five And I remember when I was a little girl, we would dress up as police officers. It was it was an honor to have police officers in your neighborhood that you knew that you could trust. Them, and we were always encouraged if there was a problem to go seek out police office. Unfortunately, those bad actors got more publicity and more headlined than the good ones, and it's unfortunate. But I think it's starting to turn around and people are understanding, just like with the military after Vietnam, you know, these heroes came back and were spat on, and people are slowly starting to understand and turn around. They're doing the mission of our country. They don't just decide to go over somewhere and fight, and when they come home they need to be treated like heroes. They don't need to be disrespected. And I'm so grateful to see a turnaround now. And also it goes back to Coney and they're in the federal government when we had high officials, high ranking officials. We're uncovering now the deceit and deception and betrayal that they have committed against our country, our people, and our president. And I think that's what's happened. There's just been a gradual decloning and I'm grateful to see this turnaround.
Speaker 2: Well, Patty, I think that's so well said, because oftentimes in institutions, you're going to have bad actors. As you said, it doesn't matter if you're talking about the church, if you're talking about government, if you're talking about Wall Street, you're going to have bad actors. And the point about the disrespect is true. You had that situation where, you know, people were kind of making fun of it, that Department of Justice employee who threw the subway sandwich at the federal law enforcement officer. They went to a grand jury. The grand jury's not going to indict them. You know, to me, it's not a question if it's a sandwich, it's the notion that you're going to violently throw something a law enforcement officer is just to me, patently absurd and ridiculous and a sad comment on the fact that people get joy and pleasure out of seeing law enforcement officers harassed or even assaulted.
Speaker 3: We talked about how with the intentional misrepresentation of crime statistics that we know Washington d C has engaged in, and when it's impossible not to receive claims of Baltimore, Chicago's decline and crime in the same lens, and we talked about how it's connected to a heightened tolerance for crime. Do you think it's fair to connect that with something that you and I and what the work we've done here at the Government Accountability Institute have chronicled, which is connected to the tolerance for crime on behalf of elected leaders. You know, we've we've now seen, because of the declassified timeline, something that you know, you worked with the FBI to try to expose the Clintons when you wrote the book Clinton Cash. We now know that at the highest levels, a number of agents whose job it is to enforce the law said hey, we think there's something here. We think all this money that went to the Clintons while Hillary was Secretary of State is worth investigating. And that was shut down. Yeah, and she mentioned James Comy. Do you think it's fair to connect the dots there like that. We've we've seen a tolerance for criminal activity or certainly unethical activity at the highest level, and so now you sort of see it starting to manifest its way down to the local level.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, look, I think respect is something you earn. I think also sometimes people can distort the record when they besmirch all police officers from a few bad actors. But I think when it comes to the FBI, there's a reason people don't trust the FBI. This is not something that just came out of the blue. And it's funny to me that people say, you know, Donald Trump is politicizing the FBI. I mean, please seriously go back. I would encourage all you people go back and look at the documents that have been released by Cash Pattel about you had four FBI field agents. We know this because we work with them that when we wrote Clinton Cash, they wanted to investigate, not just based on my book. They don't just read a book and say we're going to investigate sounds good. Exactly, they read the book and they started doing their own research. We know that there was an audio tape of a guy in Nigeria bragging that he had gotten favors by donating to the Clinton Foundation, and they wanted to investigate, and it was shut down by FBI headquarters. So when people say Donald Trump is politicized in the FBI, I'm like, what are you talking about? If anything, they're trying to depoliticize it by exposing what has gone on in the past, and that I think is what is so powerful. And every experience I ever had with FBI field agents, and I've had several, very professional, very solid, just the facts, mam. Type of people. It's when they go to main FBI headquarters. They start living in that belt Way, they have neighbors that work for the federal government, or maybe they're a congressman. They want to go to the right parties. They now suddenly join the Permanent Party, or at least a lot of them do. That's where the corruption begins. Well, and what do you like to say.
Speaker 3: People go to Washington and they want to reform it, but eventually the cesspool becomes a hot tub and you go to Washington, d C. You and I have worked to expose how wealthy Washington DC is. It used to be true that's seven of the ten wealthiest counties in Washington in the country around Washington, d C. And you've become part of that lifestyle. There's this push now to finally ban members of cong from buying and selling stocks. Twelve years after your book came out exposed in the ways that member of Congress were doing so, Nancy Pelosi's net worth has gone from one hundred and twenty million to two hundred and sixty million in that timeframe. Her portfolio outperforms the market. The market's up two hundred and forty percent, her portfolio is up seven hundred plus percent. And this year is a record year for congressional stock purchases, right, Yeah, and so a number of them are all beating the market. So it just speaks to like how a nesteatized or immune. They are to things that the regular people might say, why are you allowing this?
Speaker 2: This is not right?
Speaker 3: But I do think there's something about the mentality of we're going to maybe not play by all the rules, and so if we're not playing by all the rules, then if some rules get broken where you live, Jane and John Citizen, then you know, what do you want us to do about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think that's that's part of the experience that people are having. Let's hear from Debbie in Utah. She has an idea about one ways things might get fixed.
Speaker 5: Hi, I really supported the police. My grandfather was a sergeant in LA and he was just really well respected. And I loved my grandfather so much and I was so proud of him, and it was we always supported the police. And I even support our police here in Salt Lake City, and we are so underfunded here and we were underfunded in Idaho when my children were little, but we had police and our schools and with how undisciplined our children were way back then. You know, we're talking like twenty, not even thirty years ago. And look at our children now, they're just they're out of control and now they're going after the parents. But they were going after the parents then too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it's amazing what has gone on. And I think that you know, the question you have to ask yourself, honestly, Eric, is would you want to be a cop? Would you want your friends to be cops? I mean doing it today with the lack of respect and the scrutiny. I mean, you've got the cop cameras, which I think are good. By the way, why don't we have congressional cameras. We could have members of Congress with cameras going right, I mean, they wouldn't want that scrutiny.
Speaker 3: Who does you have to air that on OnlyFans like that?
Speaker 2: You can't do that.
Speaker 3: In a made for a family audience. To answer your question, it's a great question. I think I actually would be a police officer, encourage people to be a police officer in Utah because I don't believe people in Utah committed any crimes like the Utah Jazz don't even foul Idaho too. Idaho, I think you guys are pretty much okay. But in some of these other areas, I think, no, it's it's And it does speak to the cop conversation completely shifted about law enforcement. It happened in twenty twenty, and I do think that's it's absolutely impossible to not connect the dots between the law enforcement shortages they're experiencing in blue cities all over the country and the actions and words that the leaders of those cities had five years ago in the summer of twenty twenty when everyone got caught up in this George Floyd fever dream at the expense of the respect we used to have for law and order.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look, I have a good friend who was a former assistant director of the FBI. He now runs a consultancy for police recruitments, and one of the things he talks about is, look, when you trash the police, a lot of people are going to say. Very good, solid, qualified people can say, look, I'm just not going to put up with it. I'm not going to take that job. You have to lower standards to attract other people that are willing to tolerate it. And one of the things he said is, look, in some of these urban areas, the psychological tests that you have to pass, they loosen them because the only way that they can fill the ranks is by doing something. Now, I'm not saying that the cops out there bad, I'm just saying that this is what happens when you attack people for taking on the responsibility to be a police officer. A lot of people are gonna say, forget it. I'm not going to put up with it. You're not going to get the same quality of people going in that you would before.
Speaker 3: And it may seem like a cliche for two guys hosting a national conservative radio show to say something positive about President Trump, and we sort of joked about the change he had with the cracker barrel logo earlier this week, but it is true that I do think one of the most meaningful things that Donald Trump could do in this country. We've seen the way he shifted the culture around certain conversations already, like the conversation about how we save money and cut budgets and like, hey, this is stuff we have to use the pay down debt because otherwise the interest rates are going to be way too high. Like that has shifted, and I do think he can absolutely shift the conversation about the way we look at law enforcement and the military and enrollment and recruitment is up now right under that they was at low's under Joe Biden, and I do think that it's possible. Just he's elevating more traditional cultural norms and respect for law enforcement is a big one of those.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a key word you use there right. A lot of people when they think about problems in Washington, international problems, it's the money of resources. It's actually a problem of culture. You have to change the culture. And Donald Trump has had a huge effect there. Join the conversation. We've got a couple of great guests coming up in the next hour. One eight hundred ninety four one seven three two six one eight hundred ninety four one. Sean joined the conversation. I'm Peter Schweitzer. That's Eric Eggers. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: It's the Sean Handy Show. Eric Eggers and Peter Schweitzer filling in for Shawn. So grateful for the opportunity we do a podcast each week called The Drill Down where you can learn more about government officials behaving badly. And Peter Schweizer has spent his career exposing that. And unfortunately, we have no shortage of government officials. We've now got more examples. Come ye, Federal chairman, excuse me. Fed Governor Lisa Cook has a little bit of a problem with some mortgage issues. Donald Trump addressed it earlier this week. Listening to what Donald Trump had to say about Lisa Cook.
Speaker 2: The mortgage records.
Speaker 6: Of officials, No, they're public. I mean you can find out those records. You can go check out the records yourself. And you should be doing that job. Actually, you wouldn't do that because that's the kind of reporter you are. But you should be doing that job. I shouldn't have to be doing and if you did your job properly, we wouldn't have problems like Lisa Cook.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, you're going to say something. Yeah, no, this is a great example. Trump is right. We actually did this as it came to Adam Shift. We got the documents. We reported this back in October. Adam Shift did the same thing, and people think, like, well, mortgage fraud people have gone to jail. Right, The Mayor of Baltimore went to jail for doing the exact same thing, because it allows you to borrow more money. When you claim something as a pirate private residence, you get a lower interest rate. Say to you, tens of thousands of dollars. This is a real issue, and in particularly Lisa Cook. She's a financial regulator. She committed mortgage fraud. She should go