Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with on our radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Almost Famous podcast. It's been here bringing you the latest news and Bachelor Nation. I'm joined today by the one that does it all. She does the research, she does it behind the scenes. Producer Heather is here to break it down with us. I think we all probably know why. It's producer Heather and not our typical co host Ashley, who is just busy right now doing you know, saving the world or being all over the world.
Speaker 3: Being a Rhode Island lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's just being a Rhode Island lady. So I'm guessing Heather, we could tell the listeners we'll be hearing more of you on headlines than normal right for the next few weeks.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe, Sorry, listeners here, No, they like it.
Speaker 2: I think they're excited about it. I think people get really behind this. They like your inside knowledge and inside track. But it's not that Ashley is is separating from us by any means, but she's off doing other things right now.
Speaker 4: You're both very busy, by the way, like, we try to make it work as best as we can, but we also don't want to leave the listeners hanging, you know, for their content, and so we do the best that we can. I'm excited though, that there's so much coming up on the pod. So not only will you and Lauren be recapping Ultimate Girls Trip starting next month, which will be very exciting. I will be very excited about this because you get to dive even further into the Real Housewives universe, but we will also be recapping the new Harry Jousey show on Netflix because we have a Bachelor Nation Bachelor Nation alum on that show, which we're going to get into today in headlines. We've also got the new book club that we are doing on the pod with Kaylin Bell. So a lot of really exciting, fun content on the pod.
Speaker 2: I think this Kaylen Bell book club idea is fantastic and I think it's like a niche podcast that's going to really that people are really going to enjoy hearing from her. She's an avid reader. It's one of the reasons her, my wife and her are such good friends is because they both love to read and explore books, talk through books and so and Kaylin's great at it. So I'm excited for that. We are going to be breaking down a lot here on the almost Famous podcast, because Bachelor Nation continues to expand outward from the Bachelor Universe verse, and I'm wondering whether, before we dive in the headlines, if we're going to see more of this since The Bachelor Bachelorette doesn't really seem to be airing anytime soon.
Speaker 4: I mean, definitely not airing anytime soon. I think we've all kind of given up on the TFP thing of it all.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know, I have what do you mean by that?
Speaker 2: Do you think it's done?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's going to air. I don't think it's going to air.
Speaker 4: That's just based on everything that's happening right now.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's going to air, nor do I think it should air.
Speaker 4: With how she is mentally doing, I think that the focus needs to be getting better, and I think that that's what she's taking steps to do. I do have friends on the casting team right now that are actively casting for The Bachelor.
Speaker 2: You're twenty thirty, the next Bachelor.
Speaker 4: I mean, and we never addressed it fully on the pod, but obviously my talking about Robert Irwin.
Speaker 3: That ship has sailed.
Speaker 4: That guy's got a girlfriend now, rumored, So that's not happening, which is kind of a bummer. But yeah, as far as I know, the peeps that I know that are working on this next season of The Bachelor, they're going full throttle. They will not tell me any sort of details obviously about what's going on, but that.
Speaker 3: Is going to be rumored to start filming this fall.
Speaker 2: Well, I kind of, I mean, I hope so right, I do hope the Bachelor franchise can pick itself back up again. So well, I guess what we could tell the listeners is we all hope that The Bachelor comes back full throttle, ready to go again, and we'll be tracking probably within the headlines episodes, what we're hearing on, maybe potential air dates, or who's getting casted, or who's being rumored to be the next lead of the show. Heather, question for you that you haven't been asked, I'm going to put you on the spot here. Can the listeners expect us to also break down Chris Harrison's new dating show.
Speaker 4: Well, I think we should put it out there if people are interested and excited about that, because I think I think we should. We're talking about other Bachelor adjacent people. I know, like Hannah Godwin is going to be on that new Netflix show at some point whenever airs. You know, we didn't cover Whitney on in the City on Bravo. That one felt to me personally a little convoluted because you guys don't watch Summer House, so it's a spin off of Summerhouse, so there was like a lot to unpack. I don't watch Summerhouse, and even me prepping for that interview was kind of just being like, who are these people?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 4: But when it's a fresh start for everybody to jump in and be a new viewer all at the same time, I think it's a lot easier for people to follow and jump into. So I'm down to watch the Chris Harrison Show and recap it and see what it's all about. But yeah, our listeners should, you know, tell us what they think, and you know, Ben, it's a good thing to bring up as well that the pod has a hotline now if people want to call in and give their feedback and you know, questions.
Speaker 2: Or ever it seems dangerous.
Speaker 4: It does seem dangerous, but also exciting because we want to hear from you guys. So it's eight four four five almost. That's eight four four five almost. And also we'll you know, put it in the show notes. But call us, you know, leave a message. Do you want to hear us recap the Chris Harrison Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be great eating show. You know, if anything, it will it will at least be fun to break down with him. I'm assuming and I can almost guarantee he'll be coming on the show to talk about it in depth for the episode airs or before his first episode air. So we'll listen to Chris there. Hey, let's start breaking down headlines. Heather big news. I found out about this a few weeks ago. Let me tell you this guy is working hard at his craft. We were at a golf tournament recently in Maine, and in the midst of the shenanigans that exists at a golf tournament with buddies, he was also working hard to perfect lines and make sure he was in his element. Joey graz a day. I just also want to mention here in case Joey listens, I did beat Wells and Joey at this golf tournament, and so I just want to make sure he is clearly hearing that. In Maine, at the Drive for Kids. Had to make a putt on the eighteenth hole to beat him, and I did. That doesn't always happen, so I want to make sure it's known as we also celebrate him because he is making his acting debut in a brand new holiday rom com. This holiday rom com, Heather, has some stars within it outside of Joey even tell us about this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it's being reported by the Hollywood Reporter that this is going to be for the Roku channel and it's going to be called The Holiday Spark, which will star Joey alongside Jamie Chung. And according to the outlet, it says that The Holiday Spark follows what happens when perpetually single firefighter Dean played by Joey, enlist children's book illustrator Laura played by Jamie to help plan an epic holiday party for his firehouse. Throughout the planning process, they begin to question their views on romance and the possibility of love at first Spark, Joey said that acting in his first feature film has been a dream come true and such an exciting new chapter for him. He says that The Holiday Spark is filled with so much heart he feels incredibly lucky that this is the project he gets to make his debut with. And you know what's funny is he's not the only one that is in Bachelor Nation that is going to be in a holiday movie this year. We reported this kind of a couple of months ago, but Justin Glaze is also going to be in a holiday movie this year with Whitney from Secret Lives of Mormon Wives. So I would you have ever gotten into the acting thing if they called you up and said, hey, Ben, maybe it's like Ben, we want you to play like a heightened version of yourself?
Speaker 2: Or I did do that?
Speaker 3: What what were you in?
Speaker 2: I still get a check. I get like a twenty three cent residual every few months. It was called Famous and in Love and it was on free Form and I played myself as this person from the Midwest moved to Los Angeles to start acting and then they were running into you know, celebrities at the time. I guess I could say along the way in LA and so I did. I was in an episode of that. Yeah, I would have done it. I mean, I think it's fun. I think it's challenging.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: I do think it is a something that Joey obviously loved. I mean I saw it, like I said, I saw him working on it. My question, It's not uncommon for me to get a phone call from a past lead, and I will not say that Joey did this, because I think Joey found out a way to be fine post show and to do his own thing. But other leads have called me and said, Okay, as I look at my career now I have this job, do I continue in my job that I've always had, or do I start anew? Do I try to start hosting? Do I? And you know, we always going to talk through I guess like career planning with some of them. I've never put acting into that conversation because I don't I've never seen a reality star make the transition successfully.
Speaker 4: It's a really good point that you're making, because I would say that it's only been in the last couple of years that we're actually seeing the transition has happened for reality stars. But it usually takes longer and there's usually got to be more distance between them and the show. But we are seeing that transition happen quicker and quicker. And I think that as somebody on the casting side. I used to hear that all the time, like.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't want to do it. I want to be an actor. And I'd be like you can be though, and.
Speaker 4: People would be like no, my agent says you no, reality, it's over. And it's like I could come up with a whole list for you right now. And I did this for this reason of reality stars that have made the transition into acting and have had super successful careers, like you know, somebody that was on American Idol a couple like years ago, was like in The Color Purple a couple of years ago, which was like nominated for awards, like Academy Award winning actress Emma Stone was on a reality show. Like yes, everybody is really shocked when I say that. So it's like there's lots and lots of people that are able to make the transition. And I kind of like love that we're seeing this surgeons right now of like not all our reality stars becoming like correspondence on these red carpets, you know, and stuff like that, but they're also making that leap into acting, and so are TikTokers. Quite honestly, we're seeing TikTokers also making the jump to the big screen.
Speaker 3: So I think it's cool.
Speaker 2: I think it's cool, and I think, as I said, it would be different if somebody did it didn't feel like they were working at it and didn't feel like they wanted it and didn't see it as a legitimate path. But Joey, I could tell, was like, Hey, I don't know if this is my future, but I don't want to throw it out the window if it is.
Speaker 3: And how are you going to know if you don't try?
Speaker 4: Good for him and it's cool, We're going to have to obviously have him on sure, you know, to talk about it, because he's also got you know, I think Dancing with the Stars stuff going on this summer as well.
Speaker 2: He does he does the Dancing with the Stars Cohn or whatever they're calling it. It's coming up in just a few well just a few days, honestly.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Another you know, Joey can't make the golf trip this year because of dance con and obviously Joe, who usually attends, cannot either because of the recent announcement that he had that he'll be having surgery. The headline is that we talked about Joe and his announcement and his diagnosis and what is going to be going on with him here in just a few short days. But he in preparation for it, just got a new haircut ahead of this surgery. I Heather think he looks good.
Speaker 4: I was literally gonna say, what a way to rock a buzz cut, like you will you look real good with that new haircut.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he posted a video.
Speaker 4: To Instagram and he kind of like takes off his sunglasses and he looks at the camera and then he like proceeds to walk away and he says, might as well give them easy access in the caption. So I mean, yes, he's prepping for this upcoming surgery, you know, for this early stage brain tumor that he's been diagnosed with. So yeah, Joe, great to keep the spirits high, to be smiling, to be sharing that on social media as scary, and you know, they kind of went into this on their podcast about that this surgery is very dangerous and scary for them.
Speaker 3: It's serious, It's said.
Speaker 4: Serena said on their podcast that the tumor is slow growing, but the likelihood of it growing into something aggressive or problematic is very high. So I love the fact that they are being open and honest, but also you know, trying to have a little bit of levity where they can, because that is important too.
Speaker 3: I think when going through scary stuff one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent and we'll be falling along. Obviously we love Joe and Serena here and no one personally will be falling along with the updates as obviously his surgery takes place and then as his recovery takes place during headlines, and so if you want to stay up to date on that, we'll stay up to date on that for you and communicate things here the best we can. Heather, I've been seeing this name pop up all over conversations with Bachelor Nation. I mean, we broke down that Ashley, our beloved co host here, used to be this person's like babysitter, and now we're seeing Jenny McCarthy recall pitching herself to be the greatest bachelorette ever after her divorce. That's the headline. Jenny McCarthy recalls pitching herself to be the next or greatest bachelorette after her divorce to Donnie Wahlberg.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, not her divorce to Donnie Wahlberg. She's still married to him.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't know she was. Oh was she married? Was was it Jim Carrey?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, that was her boyfriend.
Speaker 4: So first she was married to a director named John Asher for six.
Speaker 2: Oh no, all right, never mind, So she's still married to Donnie.
Speaker 4: Yes, this guy a headline in itself if her Yeah.
Speaker 2: Please don't clip that out. But my question is, what in the word were they thinking? Like? Why did it get not? Why did not happen? Can you answer that question?
Speaker 4: First of all, there's so much that I have to unpack with this. Okay, I did not know that Ashley was Jenny's nanny.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming you knew that because you're never.
Speaker 2: Heard it before, never knew it.
Speaker 4: How was that possible that she has never told either of us that that's who she used to work with.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I don't understand.
Speaker 4: We need to grill her about that the next time we see her, because what the heck Ashley? So yeah, she said when she was on the Bachelor Happy Hour podcast that she said, I called my agent and I said, I want you to call them, and I want you to pitch me as the bachelorette. I want you to tell them that Jenny McCarthy from MTV singled out the number one dating show of all time, is single now and wants to be on the show. First of all, that is a hilarious thing that she would have done. So, like I said, she was married for six years until her divorce in two thousand and five, so it was probably around there. She goes on to say, I had no fear, but I was also genuinely looking for love. I was like, I would make the greatest bachelorette of all time. We don't want they and then the show said we don't want famous people on the show. It would have been the most ultimate Bachelor Nation season of all time, she says. And then she goes, I would have had so much fun with those boys. I would have made out with all of them. I would have just been like so awesome on the show. And she goes on to say, like I'm an og Bachelor Nation girl. So the reason why I love it is there's a hopefulness, there's an awkwardness.
Speaker 3: Even though it's on TV.
Speaker 4: Things are polished, but you can't escape the awkwardness of the first meetings and the first date. And you know, she does say in this interview that she feels like they are kind of missing out on the celebrity version. They can literally call it the celebrity version of the Bachelorette, because I think they would really do well. They've got other celebrity versions of everything else. Why would they not do a celebrity version of the Bachelorette. So obviously that would have been hilarious. Jenny is so funny and so hot. I mean, like still now, she's been hot for like thirty years, so that would have been extremely funny to see, I think. But it's just it's funny how things change, right because now clearly they've changed their minds on the celebrity celebrity adjacent thing, and you know, with the decision to Cass Taylor in the lead, this is this.
Speaker 2: I just like that. Ginny's popping up honestly all over backs doination like this is really fun for me. And we do have to make a note to ask Ashley about this. You really never heard of this before.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, I understand why, she's probably never told me. But I just was under the assumption when I saw those headlines that oh, Ben has to have known this story.
Speaker 2: I wish I could speak to it. I can't, Ah Hey, we have two more headlines for you, both of which are fantastic, one of which we'll be answering the question that Heather kind of teased earlier on who is joining Let's marry Harry. But before we get to that, let's talk about Daisy Kent. Daisy kent't is has a stunning bridal shower. We don't expect anything different and some other Bachelor Nation stars attended.
Speaker 3: First of all, we love Daisy.
Speaker 4: Obviously, she's part of our crew over here.
Speaker 3: She's got that Dirty Rush podcast that we love. But yeah, they are.
Speaker 4: Her and Thor are getting closer to their December wedding, which.
Speaker 3: Is crazy. That is very close.
Speaker 4: And over the weekend this past weekend might have been the weekend before she celebrated, you know, her bridal shower in Minnesota, and she had like a fun boat day on the water and then was joined by loved ones at a beautiful venue. It took place inside a clear tented structure with floral chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, and the theme seemed to be kind of like a garden party kind of thing, which is very on trend because that was you know, Taylor and Travis's wedding theme as well, supposedly the garden. So she had her fellow season twenty eight Bachelor Nation stars Chrisa Perez and Autumn there with her and they were like all over social media. Chrisa posted a photo of the three of them as well as a video of everyone dancing and wrote best time showering our bride with the daisy emoji. And then Thor gifted his bride a beautiful bouquet of flowers during the event and the two posed for a.
Speaker 3: Few pictures together. So very sweet little day for the two of them.
Speaker 2: We love daisy as you mentioned, and pump for the two of them. I just I have a feeling their wedding is going to be insane.
Speaker 4: I mean, the freaking engagement pictures were insane. Those like winter like cowgirl kind of. It's just so cool. It's gonna be cool for sure.
Speaker 2: Final headline Lauren Hollinger. Now, if you don't know who we're talking about here, Heather can break that down. But Lauren Hollinger, who has appeared within the Bachelor franchise, joins new reality series Let's Marry Harry on Netflix.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so she's also from season twenty eight The same season as Daisy.
Speaker 3: So that's Joey's season, right, Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So she was keeping her followers updated online, often posting adventures with her sister and her bestie Maria georgees who Maria is going to be on a new show too. I don't know if it's confirmed, but rumored that Maria is going to be on Hulu's The Mafia show that's coming out, which is like Hulu's version of Traders and Shane, also from Taylor Frankie Paul season, is also going to be on that show.
Speaker 3: So another show for us to recap. Who knows.
Speaker 4: I don't know when that one's coming out yet, but yeah. Lauren took to social media to announce that she is joining the Let's Marry Harry Show If anybody is listening and has no idea who Harry Jousey is.
Speaker 3: He became very famous.
Speaker 4: From being on the original season of Too Hot to Handle on Netflix. He has really capitalized on that stint on that show.
Speaker 3: You know. He's a podcaster now on the Unwell Network.
Speaker 4: He has made appearances on Secret Lives and Mormon Wives and like all sorts of different shows. He's a very cute, lovable I was gonna say dork, but he's not a dork. He's like very He's just a flirt, you know this, Harry Josey. That's just kind of what he's known for, a lovable little flirt. And so, according to the Companies you Know website, on the show, Harry will date a pool of potential matches in hopes of finding what he truly wants, authentic love and marriage.
Speaker 3: That makes me giggle because.
Speaker 4: He's kind of been a notorious, like single dude. So that'll be a fun thing to watch. And Lauren posted her headshot on Instagram saying Ello welling at me. She then added it airs August fifth, and like I said, we will be breaking this show down on the Almost Famous podcast. We will be bringing back Deanna to recap these episodes because it'll.
Speaker 3: Be super fun.
Speaker 4: I think in that same vein of kind of like Love Overboard, which we recapped with Deanna previously. And this will be, you know, guys, a typical binge on Netflix where they will be dropping the first seven episodes in one day and then coming back a couple days later with the finale or a week later.
Speaker 3: So keep your self tuned into the.
Speaker 4: Pod because we will be recapping that and obviously having we're arranging to get Lauren to come on the pod and talk about, you know, the show a little bit.
Speaker 2: Harry jealousy has always been an anomaly to me because he's been around for a while and he's been able to keep himself very relevant for a share time. Heather, what is his secret?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think it's about the being cute, being tall, you know, and part of you know, tapping in and really milking what could be fifteen minutes for a lot of people, is really tapping into that social media element. So Harry has constantly, you know, been paparazzied or been you know seen hanging out with other social media people or dating other social media It's like that is part of the game now. In order to stay relevant, is you kind of got to be seen and like I said, making those pop up appearances on shows like Secret Lives of Mormon Wives, you know, getting a podcast deal pretty quickly after somebody come for me. But I want to say he also wrote a book. He's got a very interesting he's got a very interesting life. I don't want to go into it because it's a little sad and I don't want to bring the vibes down right now. But he has been recently open about some stuff from his past and dealing with grief that I actually found really open and honest to listen to.
Speaker 3: That I heard him do on another podcast recently.
Speaker 4: So I'm interested to see how much of that other side we get to see of him on this show. Because it was Too Hot to Handle was quite a few years ago and it was just, you know, it's that's a very sexy, rounchy show, and that was our first introduction with him. So I'm excited to see with him being a lead, if we're going to see you know, layers to Harry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been interested in getting him on my faith based show if you can hear me, because I know he's been on a faith journey recently and so I've wanted to have that conversation with him. This is reminding me to reach out and try to do that. This will be interesting, Heather the way I see this, Good luck to Lauren. Hopefully it's only one season. Like, I don't know how this is a sustainable model, because if it works, it's done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm also not going to go into the fact that Reality Steve spoiled it like a week ago, so I didn't.
Speaker 3: I skipped through it really really quick.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, glance, glance, glance, and then I didn't remember names. So I'm like, okay, not looking at reality Steve stuff. Moving forward because now we're going to be recapping it and I want to be invested in non judge you with my thoughts.
Speaker 2: Sure that makes sense. Hey, Heather, thanks for jumping on and doing this today. Thanks for the research you put into it, and thanks for the details and expertise that you bring to the listeners as you walk through everything. That's been another week of headlines. We're excited to always bring them to you. Some congratulations are in order. Also within this there's some best of luck, especially to Joe, like, Hey, we'll be thinking about you, where we praying about you. Prayers have already been said over you and to you. And obviously then we have Lauren Hollinger maybe going on to Mary Harry Josey. You never know with this Bachelor world what's going to happen. Hey, until next time, I've been, Ben.
Speaker 3: I've been Heather.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I almost famous podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.