Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the Saturday Classics. It's a double first second date. I don't know. Two for one, two for one a Bogo Saturday. They don't buy any of it.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, get one, get one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. It seems like people are really enjoying these because they've been doing really well on the podcast, which is great.
Speaker 3: Shocked we always have. We put up some of our content. You guys like it.
Speaker 1: Weird crazy, that's humility, right, I think? All right, alexis what do you see? In the comment section, Filippio said, I love listening to you guys, and it's my relief when it's raining and I have to walk my girlfriend's dog. But she's the one who made me discover this amazing podcast. My girlfriend, not the dog.
Speaker 3: I hope there are dogs out there and that are like refree.
Speaker 1: Stop and you're a good boyfriend that you take one for the team and walk the dog in the rain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you like all this hole?
Speaker 1: Sit you you tell your girlfriend she owes you. All right, Well, hey, thanks for being here so much, and we're going to start right now.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of things about our society that they deem normal, and if you think about it, are actually kind of strange, okay, like pillows and caskets. Why, I guess.
Speaker 1: You don't want a stiff next.
Speaker 3: Or recording a live concert on your phone that you're literally never gonna watch it again, and.
Speaker 1: Nobody else, no one else wants to see.
Speaker 3: It sound leave it off your stories please, or party balloons? What hey, here's a big sack of breath. Enjoy creepy if you ask me. One of our listeners today asked to defend to have it that she thinks is totally natural to her and so much that she doesn't even think about it. And once we all heard what it was, the entire room gas it was that shocking. You're gonna hear what it is and see if you could look past it in your second date update, Next second Date update. Woman named Cassie is on the phone with us today, who send in her email that sense of humor is something really important for her.
Speaker 1: Yea, I feel like that should be for most people, right.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure why she likes our show, but Cassie did see something in a guy's dating profile and his about me section that immediately caught her attention. She thought was pretty funny. He put just waiting for my Bumble Acronym pamphlet to come in the mail talking about dating acronyms.
Speaker 1: You know, get it like stands for something like.
Speaker 3: The acronyms that you send to people that are like shorthand I don't know, Okay, I know, I don't know what acronym?
Speaker 1: Is it a letter stand for something? Yeah, that's like like hey, U D t F that's a dating acronym. Yeah, we get that.
Speaker 3: We under so confused.
Speaker 1: What is bumble? And why is there a pamphlet.
Speaker 3: Because obviously there's so many that people use on these dating apps that you would need a pamphlet in order to understand what they all need.
Speaker 1: The dictionary would have made that joke more clear, you know, after he's saying he can't keep up with yes.
Speaker 3: So many started Jeff, Okay, but.
Speaker 1: Good joke we got Wait who laughed?
Speaker 4: Listener?
Speaker 3: Cassie? Did Cassie Welcome to the show?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: Did you l O L Cassie?
Speaker 6: Well, if you're on these apps, there's like O N S when they stand you're friends with Benefits w B, and you've got to.
Speaker 7: Like you just don't know what they are the.
Speaker 3: Only one that I know is bt D. In the dumpster. So I'm interested. I want to know some more of these. But first let's talk about this guy. What's his name?
Speaker 4: Luke?
Speaker 1: Luke? Okay, Luke with the brochure jokes, I get it.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, look, guys, the bar is low.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bar is low. I mean what was the conversation like in the beginning with Luke.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean he's asking good questions, Like I just got back from six months in Brazil.
Speaker 7: I was doing charity work. We're building houses and stuff.
Speaker 6: That's like a whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really interesting. But he was super stoked about learning about that. That's fascinating.
Speaker 6: Actually, you guys would be surprised, like they just see it on your dating profile and they don't even ask about it, you know, and they're just like, hey, let's hook up, and they don't ask about you.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I could see that if you're just beautiful, you just swipe right. You don't spend more than ten you.
Speaker 1: Have like a bikini pick in Brazil. Yeah yeah, yeah, But Luke was different, right, he actually wanted to know about your experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean it's also not Tinder. I feel like this app is more like.
Speaker 3: Dating the online talk sounds good? Did you guys meet up? I r L nice.
Speaker 1: We haven't got the pamphlet yet. We don't know what's going on.
Speaker 6: So we were going. We went on a date, like an actual like date date.
Speaker 7: We went to a Mexican restaurant.
Speaker 3: Nice, all right?
Speaker 1: And how was that? What was it like when you first saw them?
Speaker 6: So it was kind of not a surprise. It was good good, And I don't know, I felt like it was like a good date. Like I'm kind of an adventurous food person, and I suggested, let's go somewhere interesting, interesting.
Speaker 3: And it sounds pretty typical.
Speaker 1: Some of the menu items are in a different language.
Speaker 6: Well, the reviews were good. I don't know. I've never been there.
Speaker 2: I will say that sometimes if you tell me your birthday, they'll come out with a big sombrero, give you a shot. They'll sing like that adventure. It's very adventurous for me.
Speaker 3: Not a lot of dates that, senior frog.
Speaker 1: What was adventurous about this to you?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: I asked about a tripe soup.
Speaker 2: Oh god, you guys want to know what that is?
Speaker 3: Please don't.
Speaker 6: It's like it's cow intestine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it's the lining of a cow's stomach.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, if you're gonna eat part of the cal you might as well eat at all sets.
Speaker 3: The mood like intestine.
Speaker 1: It's called tripe.
Speaker 3: Line did it? Did it? Do it for you, Cassie?
Speaker 6: Well, but they didn't.
Speaker 9: They didn't have that.
Speaker 6: I guess they sometimes do, but they didn't.
Speaker 1: Then it's all out of lining dark it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean no, it was good.
Speaker 7: I mean I I told him like I'm in all sorts of things, different customs.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but maybe that was too extreme for him.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I was sort of describing like my time.
Speaker 6: In Brazil and like the stuff I ate there, and I don't know.
Speaker 1: You think he was like intimidated.
Speaker 6: By that, Like yeah, I think maybe I took it to it at like the next level with my stories and so I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, Well that makes sense. Some people don't even like sushi, like oh this is raw salmon. That's too much. So you can see if someone's like, oh, we're having chicken feed or pig snout or whatever at you know, Latin restaurant.
Speaker 1: And get it. He didn't have to eat it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, But maybe him seeing you being so experienced you can into the deep end immediately.
Speaker 10: Some people need to wade in slowly, the dark side of the menu.
Speaker 3: Right, So how did that date end?
Speaker 6: Well, he walked me to my car, and I figured we at least kissed good night or whatever, but he kind of kept a distance. I was doing all the things, you know, like I'm touching his arm, like, oh, you want to come over whatever? Because I lived so close.
Speaker 1: He said no to coming over to your house.
Speaker 6: He was like, oh, I've got to work tomorrow. And I was like, oh, I must have turned him off on this date.
Speaker 7: But I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't know what exactly it was. And I usually don't get turned down. So I was like, what happened?
Speaker 2: That's I mean, he definite no offense, but definitely turned you down.
Speaker 3: But Mexican food is a lot of beans in for holes, and so maybe that's part of the reason he was trying to keep his difference. Well, I was trying to sound culture or.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're just too eager, you know that maybe just as as simple as.
Speaker 2: That guy was standards that can't be it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think it was.
Speaker 9: I don't know that's.
Speaker 3: The whole reason that we're doing this, We're gonna try and find out. So hold on una memento.
Speaker 1: In Brazil. She speaks Portuguese.
Speaker 3: Off to Google translate that one. And when we come back, we're going to do an international version of.
Speaker 10: Your second date up date right after this. I think that made sense.
Speaker 1: I think it made Yeah, we're a restaurant of love or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, power of love.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, yeah is now.
Speaker 2: Learning.
Speaker 3: We are learning about our listener, Cassie and her dating life.
Speaker 1: He doesn't speak Spanish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for a little bit.
Speaker 3: Again, pretty much the same thing. Went to Mexican food with a guy named Luke recently. That's why we're doing Spanish and the Mexican music. They had a great time together. Wanted to do some exotic dishes, but they were fresh out of cow.
Speaker 10: Inerts that day, so.
Speaker 3: Instead they had a normal Mexican meal. And the weird part is afterwards Luke was a little bit stand offish about the kiss.
Speaker 1: It didn't happen at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're trying to figure out why, Brook thoughts.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just think maybe he was intimidated by you. You're like a worldly woman who has done really cool things and traveled a lot of places, and I can be a lot for some people.
Speaker 2: Didn't say it in the First War, but you're kind of like this girl. You travel all around the world, the world travelers.
Speaker 3: Cassie, do you feel bad for being a worldly woman and repelling men with your.
Speaker 6: I don't think that was it. I mean, this guy takes trips. We talked about, like favorite trips and stuff.
Speaker 4: He travels.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It would be different if he's like, I've never left my home.
Speaker 1: He knew it before they went out to Yah.
Speaker 3: I have a feeling that the problem isn't you, it's something on his end.
Speaker 1: I like that answer let him.
Speaker 4: I like, yeah, this.
Speaker 3: Guy, we're going to prove and I'm gonna call him right now. Okay, cass you up for that?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, that's why I figure you guys, we're gonna get to the bottom of this.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got all right. Vamos Reba. Hello, Hey is this Luke?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yeah? Who's calling?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 9: Luke?
Speaker 3: No need to be afraid. We're a morning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Don't fear us, love us.
Speaker 1: All right, Welcome to the snow man.
Speaker 4: Thanks. I guess what am I doing here?
Speaker 3: What we're doing here is something called a second date update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners named Cassie that you went out on a date with the other day.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course I remember Cassie.
Speaker 1: What that's great, that's a good start.
Speaker 3: We've heard a little bit about the relationship that happened between you two. Relationship was a strong word. It was dating. The meeting, yes, and uh, she's a little bit confused about why you guys aren't meeting up a second time.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we want to do this here.
Speaker 3: Should we call from a different line?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Somebody means, Jeff, did you did you not like Cassie?
Speaker 10: We could face time if that's better, Actually.
Speaker 1: Fine radio via FaceTime?
Speaker 2: No, because if he's cute, then Alex is gonna try to steal.
Speaker 3: Sorry. We we do want to know what you thought about Cassie.
Speaker 4: I don't know something something's kind of up with her. I just need to stay away.
Speaker 1: You to stay away. That's like means you saw some red flags or something.
Speaker 3: I mean, did she like say or do something inappropriate when you guys were out? All right?
Speaker 4: This is gonna at dinner. There was there was a fly buzzing around the table.
Speaker 1: Okay, that happens.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, she slatted to fly with her napkin like perfect precision.
Speaker 4: I was actually a little breast at that.
Speaker 1: So she has too good of hand eye coordination, woman, Yeah, that's what the movies tell you.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 4: Nothing there? That was just the beginning. The fly fell on our table, and I thought she'd kind of brush it off. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: She casually picked up the fly plucked off its wings. What ate it? Excuse me?
Speaker 9: Whoa whoa?
Speaker 4: Hold on?
Speaker 3: Did you just.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second? Did you just say eight?
Speaker 4: Yeah? She threw it in her mouth and swallowed.
Speaker 1: The hagic trick, you know, like disappeared.
Speaker 3: It was like a piece of chip, and you thought it was the put the wings off of it.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: Why can't you eat the wings? If you're gonna heat fly, just eat the wings.
Speaker 3: There's no way this could be real, dude, this has to be something.
Speaker 4: I am telling you. I was shocked. She didn't say anything about her She didn't explain anything. She just did it and then kept talking like it was nothing.
Speaker 1: Man, She ate a fly flies are like the most disgustiest.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, you say that it was disgusting and gross to you, But at least she plucked off the wings. That has to have some to sanitary value.
Speaker 5: But why what's the difference you eat in the leg?
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, hold on, she did not bring this up to us. How did you not say something and react like? There's no way I could bury my emotions.
Speaker 4: I don't think I did. My jaw was on the table.
Speaker 3: We we have a lot of questions about what's going on here, if this really happened, why it did, and we need to just ask her directly because I need to tell you, Luke, Cassie's on the other line right now, listening and wanting to talk to you, unless she's in the middle of the meal. Right now, Cassie, right now, Cassie, Yeah, did that happen?
Speaker 6: Well, it's really common to eat bugs around the world.
Speaker 1: WHOA, no, no, everybody stop, that's not how bugs are eating around the world. A. And nobody's eating flies.
Speaker 6: Well, I was just in Brazil and everyone eats air, including myself, Like I kind of got into it. I don't even know I'm doing it time.
Speaker 7: I don't know that you're eating ans know you're doing it.
Speaker 6: Well, it's just second nature for me to kill a bug now and just eat it what you would eat.
Speaker 2: I mean, you like crickets and stuff, right.
Speaker 3: I I took a trip to Costa Rica to do a charity mission and they made us eat termites. Yeah, and they were really good. They taste like peanut butter. Actually, I've heard.
Speaker 1: That they're tasty on the like nature shows I watch. But it's like you're not sitting inside a restaurant just grabbing one eye thin air.
Speaker 6: I don't know, it just doesn't seem like a big deal.
Speaker 7: I mean I could see that if you're not used to.
Speaker 6: It, it might come across odd and I'm sorry, but in the moment, it didn't even occur to me, Like I.
Speaker 3: Louke you hear it. It's it's it's pretty normal.
Speaker 4: You can say anything's pretty normal.
Speaker 5: It doesn't mean it's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which part of it, don't you like?
Speaker 1: Nobody eats flies, Jeff.
Speaker 6: I mean crickets and dragons, they're amazing. They're they're like one species. They've got like like our crunchy citrus flavor.
Speaker 4: I wear it.
Speaker 6: So dragonflies, Yeah, you just you've got to pull the wings off. The wings are like no bueno.
Speaker 3: Do they have them at a safeway or something?
Speaker 1: Why don't you eat the wings? I don't understand that. If you eat the rest of.
Speaker 6: It, you don't want to. Like the wings are the texture and stuff.
Speaker 5: You just don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like the of a banana. Look is this making you feel better at all?
Speaker 4: No? Not at all. In fact, I feel like I wasted money because you could have just gone to the field in my backyard.
Speaker 2: And there's some dung piles over here. We can get a bunch of flies.
Speaker 3: I mean, Cassie, were when you swatted the fly? I know you said it was kind of second nature, But aren't you worried at all about like maybe where the fly has been?
Speaker 1: Don't think about it, you guys. They are literally born in No.
Speaker 3: Cassie, is that something that will cross your mind?
Speaker 6: It probably landed on your enchilada first, so I got some cheese with it.
Speaker 1: It's not how it works.
Speaker 2: Yea, that's you think Brook would be pro buggy eating.
Speaker 3: So look, I really need to know if Luke honestly thinks this is a big time deal breaker, and just to prove it. We're going to offer to send you guys out on a second date that we would pay for.
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: That's the bug sentuary.
Speaker 1: Don't let her eat.
Speaker 3: She puts on when she goes.
Speaker 2: No one's safe here. All kidding aside, though, It's not like she eats every bug.
Speaker 1: Every day, and it's not like she's expecting you to do it. Luke. Yeah, you just have to kiss her afterwards and let her know if there's any legs in her in between, ey, team.
Speaker 3: Don't think about the bugs. Put the bugs away for a second. Just focus on Cassie and Lady the tramping and earthworm with her. Think about how sexy be and we would offer to send you guys to that.
Speaker 4: I don't think. I don't think you guys want to spend the money.
Speaker 5: You're not. You're not convincing me really.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, you're not really helping my case.
Speaker 1: I leave the flags alone.
Speaker 2: Man, it's just probably too shocking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean we were shocked with each other's pictures. I just wasn't paying enough attention to something that I didn't know would really bother him. I almost said bug him, and then I realized you guys could flap at me.
Speaker 3: That's some self awareness. That's self awareness.
Speaker 1: We love puns.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: You're looking at the textport at seventy five nine to two. A lot of people are saying, ew instant deal breaker, major turnoff, never again. Is it weird if I think it's a semi turn on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you like it?
Speaker 3: You let me explain. I only say that because the person who does that has to be confident, bold, and definitely promiscuous. Yeah, that's what I You're not getting a lot of buttoned up people popping flies into their mouth. You're getting somebody with a definite freak side.
Speaker 1: You have to kiss that same mountains. Do you know where flies land? Do you know the flies like they like spit immediately on everything that they land on, just so then it can start to like moosh it up and then they eat it.
Speaker 3: And I'm not arguing about the sanitary status of it, but just the type of person you know that they're down for whatever.
Speaker 1: Jacky, you guys would luck with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just knowing that they did it.
Speaker 1: I think I just found out I'm not down with whatever.
Speaker 3: You can jump on the text board tell us what you thought it seven eighty five, nine to two if you haven't already, and make sure to check out our podcasts on any platform. Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Because somebody said any research of to anywhere they actually eat flies in the world.
Speaker 3: I mean they do a lot of bugs. We need to do a live broadcast from that place. That's why REQ wants to know.
Speaker 9: Anyway, Brooking Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: It's a bold move to introduce your date to your family on the first day. Ye for me, I'd wait until at least the seventh or eighth year of dating till they met mine. But hey, look, we've heard it happening before on the show. People have done it. Never like this, though, because one of our listeners made the brave decision to go through with it, and we were all floored that he chose this particular type of family event to make the introductions he chose. Yeah, you're gonna hear it in your choice second date update coming up right after this second date up date. Do pickup lines work anymore?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Pickuplines are supposed to be silly and dumb, not taking seriously.
Speaker 10: I know they had a good run in the late eighties.
Speaker 1: For sure, were born in the late eighties.
Speaker 3: I was born in the late eighties.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much people trying to pick you up.
Speaker 3: I know the line that led to me, Oh god, oh wow, god, you know your dad's but yeah, girl, are you a boom box because I want to turn you on and take you everywhere?
Speaker 8: And then I came yeah, wow, Well you're the only one that kid.
Speaker 2: This is awful. Jeff why are we doing this?
Speaker 1: I'm out batteries for your boom box show.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people think pickup lines aren't like really serious, they're kind of dead. But one of our listeners may have just revived them, okay, because he says he tried one and it actually worked. His name is David David. Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me you did not use the same line that Jeffrey's dad did.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't quite use that one.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 8: We we got to hear what was the pickup line sold?
Speaker 3: What's her name?
Speaker 4: Her name is Jennifer.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the pick.
Speaker 8: Up line it went like this, Hey, I'm sorry to tell you this, but I think another account is using your photos.
Speaker 3: Oh that would get some of the attention.
Speaker 1: You're not like hitting on her exactly, and you'd be freaked out. Send me the link it.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what she said, Send me the link. Who is it?
Speaker 8: That's when I say it's at NASA? Because you're an absolute rocket.
Speaker 4: I felt like you were.
Speaker 2: Gonna send her a picture of a supermodel.
Speaker 1: Tell you this is.
Speaker 3: Way more clever.
Speaker 9: I mean.
Speaker 4: Rocket, you know, a rocket? You out of this world.
Speaker 3: What was her reaction?
Speaker 4: She went for it?
Speaker 8: Okay, She said that he never falls to pickup line, that something about me and this one just seemed to work this day.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, so.
Speaker 3: She was drinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. I think it's innocent, it's fun, it's complimentary.
Speaker 3: Were you able to parlay the pickup line into an actual in person date.
Speaker 4: I absolutely did. I arranged the meet.
Speaker 3: Up right away any time NASA tour.
Speaker 1: What did you guys do?
Speaker 4: Okay, this it may seem a little weird. I took it to a gender reveal.
Speaker 1: A gender reveal.
Speaker 3: Who's gender reveal? Please don't tell me yours or a random persons.
Speaker 4: It was my cousin. It was my cousin.
Speaker 3: How did that? How did did you did you run it by her beforehand?
Speaker 4: Well, I told her while we was on all way.
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, Oh okay, that is a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, was cool with it.
Speaker 8: I mean she seemed like he was cool with it because I was only supposed to pop in, so she didn't come in there initially with me.
Speaker 4: But I saw how.
Speaker 8: Live the party was and I was like, well, I could catch on a family, so I just waved her in.
Speaker 4: I told her, heyt come in, come.
Speaker 1: On, so you said, wait in the car, I'll be back in five minutes, and then decided to just waver in. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, my family looked like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I bet it is. It's just a lot for anybody, right, How did it go?
Speaker 4: I mean, this is the kicker. She actually cut the cake for the revealed what.
Speaker 1: Was not by choice. Ers like, everybody's chanting her name, making her it's hungry, and she didn't realize she was cutting the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah what happened.
Speaker 4: Hey, it just happened.
Speaker 8: And my cousin he thought it was the funniest thing ever, because he thought it was just a great idea to have a random woman that nobody in the family knew tell.
Speaker 4: The family.
Speaker 9: This is it.
Speaker 1: Like the first time ever I actually want to be at a gender reveal party.
Speaker 3: Girl or boy?
Speaker 4: Oh it was a boy.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to your cousin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but is that the date? Did you guys do the other thing that you had planned ever?
Speaker 8: Well, see that kind of turned into the date because we ended up saying for hours.
Speaker 4: I mean, my family had food open bar, the.
Speaker 8: DJ was bumping.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, was there like any like romantic vibe? That's the one thing that seems difficult to achieve when you're at a gender review.
Speaker 1: Okay, with you, if you just want to be friends, like, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Are you grinding up up in your cousin's backyard right now?
Speaker 4: Now that's now.
Speaker 8: See you got a point that that's where things kind of start getting hazy because we actually didn't speak much, so I was so involved.
Speaker 4: With my family.
Speaker 1: Oh no, does that feel like a regret like you did something wrong there?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I probably should have like spent more time with her. But she seemed like you was having.
Speaker 8: A good time because she was talking to all my female cousins, like all the ladies at the party.
Speaker 4: She was like a hit with them.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, Well that's a good sign.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was a great sign, but only if they didn't start running their mouth and telling her about my last relationships and scared hand off. That's the only thing I was concerned about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say, of course they Yeah, but that's why you don't early on. I mean, you had to bring her home, right because you brought her to the party.
Speaker 3: Was there any romance then?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 8: Man, it wasn't really no sparks at that point because I just drove her and I didn't get out or watch.
Speaker 4: She just kind of said thanks and just jumped.
Speaker 2: Out and tucked and rolled.
Speaker 4: The car wasn't moving. Okay, just to declare.
Speaker 3: All right, how long has it been since that gender revealed date?
Speaker 4: Man, that was probably like a week ago.
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, I'm guessing you haven't heard from her, and neither have your female cousins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. I'm too afraid to ask my female cousin.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I guess we're gonna have to step up and do what your family didn't, right, We'll hook you up. Yeah, We're gonna wing man for you, try and get you a second date. Update right after this.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you, guys, Thank you.
Speaker 10: Hold on second date update.
Speaker 3: Most people wouldn't called gender reveal parties romantic, No, and neither would our listener David. But yet somehow that's where he ended up taking his date Jennifer. Yeah, and then they didn't really talk much. She did cut the cake and reveal that it was a boy the show, So that's cool. They'll always have that moment.
Speaker 1: Dude, it's kind of wild to be a woman who's cut a gender reveal cake and never actually had baby yourself.
Speaker 3: The thing is, that was a week ago and we're trying to get another date for David and Jennifer Brook.
Speaker 10: What do you think is a salvageable or unsalvagable.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's the positives. Is you sound like a really fun, really kind dude, and your family sounds awesome. So those are all positives. The negatives is maybe the shock of it all is probably finally setting in. Like I would be so shocked at where I was and what I was doing. I feel like it would take me a couple of days to even process.
Speaker 8: I mean, it makes but it's all about being spontaneous and I mean, like I said, it was a good vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, drink like a big party, like big barbecue on.
Speaker 1: Maybe too good of gossip about you.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of worse first dates, so per a half.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's true, that's true.
Speaker 3: Don't take her criticism like that either.
Speaker 9: Dude.
Speaker 3: Brook is just jealous because her family didn't throw her a gender revealed party.
Speaker 1: Want a gender sure, now you.
Speaker 3: Say that, but if they had thrown one, you would have been really happy, and we'd have been.
Speaker 2: Too confusing, like wait, who's the cousin or the father?
Speaker 3: But we need to call Jennifer here. I'm thinking date number two with the brists. She holds the.
Speaker 1: Sciss I didn't realize what that was for a second.
Speaker 10: Well, we'll just start with a date idea and see if she's open to it.
Speaker 4: Here we go, Yeah, man, call it. I need to know what's going on.
Speaker 3: Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to talk with Jennifer.
Speaker 5: Jennifer.
Speaker 4: Who is this?
Speaker 3: Hey, Jennifer, you're on the radio right now with a show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 3: We're we're doing a segment here Jennifer called a second Date Update, and that's where we try and help out listeners who've been out with somebody that they really liked and they want to see them again, but they're having difficulty arranging that second meetup.
Speaker 1: And I got to say, your chill reaction to us being on the phone maybe yeah, punches, Is.
Speaker 3: That true, Jennifer. You someone who likes to roll with it, go with the.
Speaker 5: Flow, for sure.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it actually changes a lot.
Speaker 3: This makes sense because we heard about your date with a guy named David recently.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of go and a lot of flow.
Speaker 10: It sounds.
Speaker 3: In to his gender reveal party with his cousin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, David got in touch with you.
Speaker 10: Yes, no, it's it's a good thing.
Speaker 3: It means that he enjoyed the time you.
Speaker 1: Guys spent together a well, I mean, to be fair, he did say that he regrets not spending more time with you because he got so wrapped up in the family at the party.
Speaker 5: Oh no, he told you about the gender of your party, of course. Yeah, David's David's a good guy.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Well, if he's such a good guy, then why not hang out with him one more time? Because he's been trying to arrange a meet up.
Speaker 2: I'm relieved to hear that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've already met all of his family.
Speaker 5: Yes, I got to meet all of his family, and that, Darren lies the problem. What, Oh my gosh, that's gonna sound so bad. He really wanted to take this to the air.
Speaker 3: Well, he's confused, he didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 1: Well, he was worried about what his female cousins may have said.
Speaker 5: Oh, they were a trip. Now his family is awesome. I hope they keep having baby.
Speaker 3: Seriously, that's sweet, weird couple.
Speaker 2: I wish a baby on you.
Speaker 1: It's like, if you have a good family, you want the good family to keep you get pregnant.
Speaker 3: Okay, you love his family, They're all wonderful. What's the problem with David. Why aren't you talking?
Speaker 5: There is no, it's not a problem with David. I just I got to meet all of his cousins, and I kind of have a crush on his cousin.
Speaker 3: D his cousin.
Speaker 1: Do you like his cousin?
Speaker 4: One of his cousin, his cousin.
Speaker 5: He was at the party. He was the one having the baby.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, the baby dad is the baby's dad single?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a baby daddy. He's not he's not married and his and the mother isn't with him.
Speaker 2: She wasn't there.
Speaker 3: He picked up another woman at his own baby's gender review.
Speaker 1: Wonder, and there is no pregnant mom there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this all makes sense.
Speaker 1: And if it's a dude, god, I mean so cute though that d is celebrating that way. I do think that that's really sweet that his family was fun.
Speaker 3: Will you care of the baby?
Speaker 5: I mean when I said when I said, it happened fast on a first day to be having a cake for someone else's baby.
Speaker 1: And now you're into somebody who had.
Speaker 5: A baby coming and not like I see like the like I'm the one who got to discover that we're having a boy. I mean, like crazy for me?
Speaker 1: We are Wait, I understand that you have a crush on D. Did do you reciprocate this crush at the party?
Speaker 5: So we've been texting like, oh.
Speaker 1: Man, this is going to be a family mess. What were you going to do? Just show up at the next family event with D instead?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I was thinking we could look through it. I didn't think we'd be telling the whole city about it today.
Speaker 3: She didn't expect a phone call from us. I definitely don't know if David knows any of this probably not. So the thing is Jennifer right now, Yeah, it's a good point. The way the segment works, Jennifer is David is listening on the other line right now.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, oh god, I'm really at a loss of words.
Speaker 8: It's damn, Jennifer, like for real, Like I can respect the game that you know, she's feeling somebody else, but this chick is bogus.
Speaker 1: I need to believe your cousin more than hers more loyalty.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean it's not that I don't blame my cousin. You know, he's not the most reputable person in the world anyway.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on a minute. There, you're not the first one to send me pictures of the moon and hey, you're out of this world. You're not the fun Oh you don't think I'm going to know me him? He's got a better job than.
Speaker 2: You here, what is benefits?
Speaker 4: Like, well, okay, true unemployed.
Speaker 5: I want to say that I didn't really mean that, David, because I think you are. I think you're a great but cou I'm like, you know this, like sometimes chemistry just happens and you know, you.
Speaker 4: Know what, but that's not what I'm mad at. What I'm upset. That is, you could have came and told me that.
Speaker 5: After the baby was born in Leeds. You know, I don't want to get that bad energy in the family before the delivery.
Speaker 3: Do you think to tell him on the right home at least that you met his cousin or something.
Speaker 5: Well, we were drinking. I mean we were drinking. Actually, your cousin asked to take me home and I was like no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's kind of nice.
Speaker 4: You know what. You're right, you do deserve to be your FIP mom. You definitely.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, David, how about this? How about I help you land the girl and then next year when I have a gender of you for our baby, you can invite her.
Speaker 2: To be your cousin in law.
Speaker 1: She be allowed to cut the cake and everything.
Speaker 8: Well, you know what, as long as she looks better than you bring on, Okay, so you're open.
Speaker 4: To it, and you know what, that won't be too hard to do, Jennifer, So you.
Speaker 3: Do that, will What happened to the pickup line when she was a NASA rocket?
Speaker 4: That's all right, it's other rockets that go to the mole.
Speaker 2: Brott you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, this has definitely been one of the weirdest second day calls that we've ever done.
Speaker 2: I'm confused.
Speaker 1: You wish let the other cousin know that he's gonna have another baby soon.
Speaker 3: Again, Jennifer. I'm sorry. Normally we would, but I can't even offer to send you out on another date with David because your mom now stepping on now already moved on to his cousin. Okay, So I don't even really know what to do with this gift card for dinner.
Speaker 5: Okay, David, why don't you take it and we can help you find a good girl on the internet or something. That's how you found me.
Speaker 8: You know what, I will take the gift card because now I could spend money on somebody, because I.
Speaker 4: Didn't spend money on Jennifer.
Speaker 10: So it's all he's still not your money money.
Speaker 1: That smart business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, is the lesson. Don't bring women around your family.
Speaker 8: You don't know, no, no, no, I'm gonna bring whoever around my family. You just gotta have enough class and not hit on my family.
Speaker 1: Worried about the female cousins. Nothing else.
Speaker 9: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Man, I know I said that was one of the weirdest second dates ever. But I can't remember one where a guy gets as badly crushed as David did.
Speaker 1: There, I know, but like he wasn't crushed.
Speaker 3: He was, but that's the thing. He was stumped though. She was like, I found somebody else in your family. He's got a better job than you. He's currently doing to have a baby with another woman. I still pick him over you.
Speaker 1: D He was crushed, he was demolished, like that was terrible.
Speaker 3: Mean, why he is smiling through the whole thing, like yeah, sure, okay, fine, Yeah, he's like, did you all say free gift card? So now I think this makes them step cousins.
Speaker 1: No, we're not going that far.
Speaker 3: It works, which is crazy. I'm just saying it is pretty impressive in one phone call to go from prospective love interest to step cousin. We get a lot done in a short amount of time.
Speaker 1: You usually go backwards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird to switch it up for this, but we can always help you switch up your dating life. You can email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back, and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey
Speaker 9: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning,