Speaker 1: That video makes me sad because growing up, I thought that's what adult life was gonna be.
Speaker 2: Like, I thought that about I thought that about everything. I've only cheated on women because unmated it sounds great. It's hectic, It's hectic as fuck. He's never like, oh, I'm getting all these text messages warm at work. He never sings about that.
Speaker 1: Mark bro I thought me and my own was getting to escalade going to the club and started jig yup the whole time for Yearly Club. Yeah, you can't even it's so much hookah smoke. Now you trying to you trying to get you, try to get some movement going. You're gonna have some respiratory issues. Man, it's sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's ain't what they promised is.
Speaker 4: That's for damn Shrek chips in your.
Speaker 5: Quality, racist, the the money, turkey stuff I can't tell me.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to another episode of My Mama Told Me.
Speaker 4: The podcast where we dive deep, deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories.
Speaker 2: And we finally work to prove what the fuck is wrong with Terry. Because I don't know whose team is on, not mine, not mine.
Speaker 4: I think I think the only people that could truly claim Terry Crews as a teammate. A like those muscle beach men, you know what I mean, Like it ain't black, it ain't white, it's it's it's oily titty men.
Speaker 2: Or other people who like agree, people who are into saying they're addicted to porn. I don't trust. Yeah, what I don't trust you're addicted to porn. We all are grow up, we got climate change. You're worried about jerking.
Speaker 4: What do you think you're special because you because you've gotten to the nooks and crannies of porn hub Fuck you.
Speaker 2: I bet in the nooks and crannies. He's not even in the nooks and crannies.
Speaker 3: I bet my.
Speaker 2: If we're looking for search terms, I beat Terry Crews every day. He's never.
Speaker 3: He's never.
Speaker 4: Here's what I like about what you're saying is that I do think that that might be what haunts him the most, is that he's sitting there and he's basically just looking up missionary sex on these fucking websites. And it's like, well, I'm addicted to that, then I'm a piece of ship.
Speaker 2: That is, you are a piece of ship because I'm exploratory. I get so deep on there sometimes I'm like, I don't even know if this is porn. I think this is just too chubby Filipino ladies foot range.
Speaker 4: And that's what porn is for, because you're not you're you're not going to be able to access that with a family committed whatever. Bullshit that we're all finding ourselves. That's what I'm saying. I'm on pornography to do stuff I can't do in real life. And Terry Crews is looking up a black lady who looks pretty close to white with a fade, and that's his fucking wife, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like he's literally looking for his wife, but he's doing it just the skew of his wife.
Speaker 2: And he's like, oh no, this is a sin. This is He's looking up like do you remember KP and envy looking up? He's looking up envy, envy nude. I'm David Borie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm Likeston, Kerman and Boyd. We come in hot. We came in hot today. We we didn't have a lot to stand on, and we we milked it.
Speaker 3: For all it was worth. Huh.
Speaker 2: I think we did a good job. I think that was pretty good for not having a joke, Critton.
Speaker 3: I thought we nailed it straight up.
Speaker 4: I mean, I say, God, well, you know who always has a joke written? You know who's never unprepared is our guest today. He's so fucking funny. I think we talked about having him on the podcast, you and and I. You mentioned him, and my eyes lit up because I'm so excited. He's hilarious. He's an Atlanta local joker, is the way that he described himself to us, but I think he's much more than that. So fucking funny. Give it up for our guests, Manda.
Speaker 3: That's a hard record, right, I turned that up. I'm a big hey, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Is a man sandal, okay, a man against negativity, distributor all love.
Speaker 3: Please say the whole thing. Please say the whole thing every time.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, sorry, I didn't I didn't take that. I did ask you what you wanted me to say. You didn't say none of that. You you were just like yeah.
Speaker 1: Because if I would have told you that, then I couldn't have said the previous sentence.
Speaker 3: I just I got you right.
Speaker 2: Professional.
Speaker 3: Everything is a setup, man.
Speaker 4: I love that. I love this setup. I love the whole thing. Let's let's not dilly or dally here, because you came to us with a conspiracy theory that I had never heard of. Bory, I don't know where you fall in the in the this is a real thing or not a real thing for you conversation.
Speaker 2: I did not know. I did not, but it. I mean, you're gonna say it. It makes sense to me, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Oh, immediately you were like, hell, yeah, I'm bought in.
Speaker 2: Bro, you know what I mean. Body parts, I've heard dancing. I'm sorry, Well, yeah, let's let's get to it. And then, because this is exciting, you said, my mama told.
Speaker 3: Me a girl dying from doing the name with It rock with It too.
Speaker 4: Hard at a dance party and snapped her neck.
Speaker 3: For sure. So so I'm a little long winded, the trap head. So the year.
Speaker 1: The year's two thousand and seven, right, year two thousand and seven. Congratulations, you just got suspended for wearing a Snowman T shirt the GJU.
Speaker 2: They can't bannon it, they can't ban them.
Speaker 3: You got suspend where they did band them from Atlanta public schools.
Speaker 1: You got suspended for wearing at the school after the principal said stop warned you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said, and you said, you can't ban the snowman.
Speaker 3: You said, you can't ban the snowman, and she did band it. She banned you instead.
Speaker 1: And then and then you had on either some rebox soldiers or you had on that era of TEMs that would be like one color and then another color on the side, and then the tongue was that other color. You remember, remember that they had They had about a two year run. So Lean Wear the Rock with It drops in two thousand and six. That's when a music video come out. That's when they shine the so so depth. And they dropped the remix before the original version the song, which I thought was bizarre.
Speaker 2: Oh with bow Wow. I liked that one.
Speaker 3: Oh they think I like me so yeah, the Prince of the Old Town exactly.
Speaker 1: If you watch the line with the Rock with a music video, they referenced that music video in the line with a Rock with It, which don't make sense, but all that doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: So in the video at the beginning, it's a girl. She's doing the line with a Rock with It now, putting people know what Lean with a Rock with It is. It's a.
Speaker 1: It's a staple for people in the southeast. That made its well across the country that now it's everywhere.
Speaker 2: It was everywhere.
Speaker 3: It was big.
Speaker 1: Now you would lean rock, lift your leg up, get your knee up, bounce down with all your body. But before it was just that. You will also lean your net back all you was a guy who twists your leg. Everybody wants to see an individual, And what happened was that girl. That girl, she was trying to be herself and she was in the music video. So the story is that she was in the party and they're like, oh, that's the girl from the music video. Y'all made rooms, she about to show out, and then she snapped. She didn't live with a rob with a snapback, snapped, her neck died, and they folded up like America flood.
Speaker 3: And so from that point on, so you're saying.
Speaker 2: It was the girl from the girl in a cocktail dresser might correct, No, No, this.
Speaker 3: Like a child like so so.
Speaker 2: Little child child was at a party.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: So what they're saying is so great example, my mom didn't necessarily what happened was but after that, everybody's like, hey, when y'all doing the ling with a rock with it.
Speaker 3: Don't move y'all neck because that's how y'all die. So every so that was the big thing.
Speaker 1: Like schools across the Atlanta was like, hey, y'all, I know y'all like the dance and have fun, but we gotta be safe. We gotta be safe when doing these moves. And so you wasn't allowed to snap your neck. So if you was like, let's see, if you're in the middle, you're doing the linger with the rod with it, you getting after it once you moved in that back, They're like, hey, all, bets off man, we want to have a good day.
Speaker 4: I love the idea that they they know they can't stop you from doing the dance. They're like, listen, we're not This dance is too goddamn contagious for us to ask people to not do it. But let's just do it safely. If you're gonna have sex.
Speaker 3: Throw it in the air.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 3: You know what, I remember?
Speaker 2: I forgot that they were yeah, yeah, that's when the animations came.
Speaker 4: And that's when that that next snap really found itself. I would I would argue is that.
Speaker 2: When people were snapping hard, you would really snap. I used to wear a helmet.
Speaker 3: Unrelated, but I mean just at the teen club. And when I was in middle school, they used to the teen club.
Speaker 2: Shout the club bash people.
Speaker 3: Was at the teen club. And so this is a true thing. So before the next snap thing, it wasn't about the animations. So before it was like who could lean and rock the hardest? But after that exactly exactly, but post that girl supposedly dying, that's when catching like, hey, you gotta pretend like you're hearing the baseball you go, you know what I'm saying. So it really advanced the dance further by creating that constriction. It's like when you don't cut.
Speaker 4: And as this evolution of safety created a space for people to start to add a new innovation to the ship for sure.
Speaker 1: For out yep, that's when people was wearing them big shirts. When people remember.
Speaker 2: My white tea and.
Speaker 3: A lot of reason there was remember pink tea. I remember pink tea.
Speaker 1: And you remember back in them days, if you was a dude who was trying to look like attracted to women, you wouldn't take your whole shirt off. You would just take the bottom of the shirt and put it behind your neck.
Speaker 3: You know, And that was a little ostentatious for myself.
Speaker 4: But it was well, it was a smart move because if you separate the arms from the they look bigger than when they're oh yeah, like that's a big ass arm when it ain't got no tour so attached to it.
Speaker 2: Did you ever have to try to did you ever have to try to Harlem shake? But you would just grab the bottom of your big T shirt.
Speaker 4: That's a good move. That's how That's how I was getting down. Like I when I was in high school, I was a dancer, baby, I was. I was, I know it, I do it mountain. You were a mountain dew chuck.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 3: I ain't. I ain't lie.
Speaker 1: When I was coming up, I was jigging for real like and then I had bonus points because I was a fat dude, so like I had Yeah, I used to do the worm. Whoa yeah yeah, people like, hey man, go do the worm?
Speaker 3: Am I doing? Yeah? I was.
Speaker 4: If a fat dude does the worm, that's that's the party right there. There ain't taking somebody, Yeah, there's we shut it down for that ship. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Lost in one battle, only lost one battle on my time. How many battles like twelve I did. I'm not gonna lie. I thought it'd be a bigger number. I was literally expecting that's a lot.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of dance battle. I'm not that's a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm not discrediting whether or not twelve is a big number.
Speaker 3: Four dance battles. I'm saying that.
Speaker 4: When you go I never lost one dance battle in my life, and it's one of twelve, it starts to make it.
Speaker 3: It feels. I don't think.
Speaker 2: I think you're playing. If it was fistfights, you would be like, that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: If you tell me that them boys from you got served only only dance twelve.
Speaker 4: Times, I'd be like, well, they're not gonna win. They're not ready.
Speaker 2: He wasn't a little saint in the world. Sometimes dance battle that's a lot.
Speaker 1: And you comparing it to to professional athletes, as a usually dancer, as I legally answer, that's a big number. Think about it. Think about I would dancing twice a year, one for one for the spring dance and one time in the summertime when we had that party. After that, I was retired the rest of the year. I got Larry home.
Speaker 2: That's six years worth of battles, years with the battle.
Speaker 4: Let me, let me, let me go on records saying I was wrong. I'm out of line here, but but go on, please bats not not twelve And that's as you're saying it. I feel shame about it. I truly I made a mistake.
Speaker 3: You gotta get after it.
Speaker 2: I never even, I've never even I've been approached to dance battle and I had to. I didn't want to.
Speaker 3: You had to wave it off. I'm good, Damn.
Speaker 2: I would rather battle battle. I would rather run at a tam of enemies with the sword, damn, as I have to dance battle.
Speaker 1: One time I had to battle some twins whoa and swear to God, the twins in my neighborhood. One of them sat on the other one shoulders like a transformer and they was like tut They was tutting together.
Speaker 2: What and you did the worm though? Nah?
Speaker 1: So that that one I won by I won by disqualification because while I was dancing, I started crumping and they started crumping, and they asked them to hit this girl in the mouth, and then they come dance.
Speaker 3: No more so than I won, damn.
Speaker 4: So that's like, uh, that's like in an in Naruto when like the enemy hurts themselves and then he he but he still finds his heroic story inside of it.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It's all art, bro, Everything is expression, and sometimes we express with our body and sometimes we express with our words, you know.
Speaker 3: And at that.
Speaker 1: Time, I was crumping. I used to do the word. I used to be able to spin on my head, but only one spin.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna make fun of that. That's still a success for me.
Speaker 3: You put a skull cap on here, like move back, I listen.
Speaker 4: I I my my child has now like started to try to like do a front flip, like just rolling, like she'll try to roll herself. And I was like trying to demonstrate it for her and like put my head on the ground and was gonna like flip my body over and then thought, no, I'm not gonna do that, like physically, I can't do that.
Speaker 3: They didn't make that. They didn't make that big thud.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was it was enough where it was like, oh, even just doing this on the ground, this is irresponsible, and I ain't.
Speaker 3: I can't funk around like that, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean? You now, you can't do it man, sometimes we gotta leave.
Speaker 3: We gotta live young things for young people. I think that's true. I'm saying dance battles.
Speaker 2: What was your oldest dance battle? How old were you?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: I I think I was in high school. I lost it because that dude did my signature move on me. So I used to have a move called a detonator bro, where where so I would legitimately I would like be so I'll go down to their legs and I'll vibrate up like that about it and then explode their head, gonna start dancing real right, And so then it kind of went it was ham but then I started overusing so peoples.
Speaker 3: Like, man, you always doing that move bro, like.
Speaker 2: You in the last four of your twelve Dans battle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then on the last battle, the dude detonated me.
Speaker 4: Oh he's working already with a narrative that's been circulating around this is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he prepared that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he knew you, was like, and he's like me and Mando, we we're gonna face off, and I'm gonna get him.
Speaker 1: For sure, because I had a lot of hate behind me. Because you know, if you win, when you win long enough, you become a villain man, and so once he detonated me, all the momentum went to his hot side, and I couldn't do nothing else man, And then I retired that day.
Speaker 3: I gotta let it go. I used to be good man. I used to do the worm.
Speaker 1: I never The only thing I really didn't do was I wasn't a big I'm a break dance guy. Yeah, but I used to take though for Yeah, I was just doing.
Speaker 4: I was doing a lot of sideways, usher, slides and ship.
Speaker 3: I knew, I knew it. I knew it. I knew it, I knew. I don't know why I knew it, but I knew it.
Speaker 2: I knew that. I knew.
Speaker 3: I found this out.
Speaker 2: I had a cousin similar.
Speaker 4: Situation, similar situation.
Speaker 2: Very light skin, a lot of sideways, like when the when that video came out, was like the first one I saw do it, the one where it comes across the front.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, hear me when I say this, When that video came out, I didn't sleep that that changed.
Speaker 3: That change which on everything for me.
Speaker 4: Which one that when when usher first it might have been when he first did that first started gliding.
Speaker 2: No, it was it wasn't you make me want to remember, Oh.
Speaker 3: He did do it? You would make me want to Yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Was wearing the black and red pants.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let y'all know something though. That boy, that boy Usher was the first musician to wear Healey's. Right, you go watch you don't have the problem.
Speaker 4: He came up and not only that, he went to a party in them ships, you know what I mean. Just he was like, I'm leaving my bitch, I'm going this is my day of liberation out in the world, and I am going in Healey's.
Speaker 3: The boys and.
Speaker 2: I I got my I got my schoolly and uh huh. It was so well lit in the music videos too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't mind. I didn't mind it being darker. But but god, damn do I wish I wish they would clear the floor so that me and my boys could do a choreograd together, you know.
Speaker 1: Hula hoopia chain one time. You know what I'm saying, Yeah, do it around the neck. Gotta get out damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, let me ask you, because we're we have to go to break that. We owe tax money, We've got issues that we've got to solve here. But before we go to break, man, how much of this is a conspiracy theory you genuinely are brought into How much of this is something you believe?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: So for a long time, I believe in it because it's something that everybody, everybody said in Atlanta. But then I got on Reddit and now a lot of people are disparaging it. And then I find that across the country it's different versions of a Lady don doing the dance. So like it's like, I think, like there's I saw a Texas version where somebody did it died South Dallas swagger.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, And so.
Speaker 2: Are you not to the possibility that many people have died dancing?
Speaker 3: That's real. That's because it's like, and.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't love admitting this. I've hurt myself at home dancing and that's that and that's but that's passive. But I'm saying that's passively. That's why I'm washing the dishes. I'm not even like in my room in front of the mirror trying to you know what. I'm just like, yeah, you know what I mean. It's listening to Tony.
Speaker 4: If funk around and have like a girl you're you're deeply in love with watching you might go a little harder, with a little more inner show.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna go softer. I'm not gonna go softer.
Speaker 3: You got you gotta show what you can do. I got what I'm saying. What what dance move?
Speaker 2: It's always for work, It's always for work, because I got I got this situation where like, waist up, it's easy, it's like it's it's it flows, it's natural, waist down when the athleticism comes in to play. I'm not if that's where it. So it's like I'll be you know, I'm doing the dishes or unloading laundry or some ship, and then I I feel that I'm slick, and then I try to do some foot ship and that's where it always goes.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, so you you at one point were bought in, but now you are you are uncertain of its validity. Is that safe to say? Or are you definitively out on the whole thing?
Speaker 3: I think for fun, I'm a stand on it that that girl die rest in peace. I love that.
Speaker 4: I love that as a as an outvert for this entire thing, that we let's go to break. Fuck it, we don't have rest in peace to that girl who died.
Speaker 3: Stand on your ship. We'll be back with more mandling more.
Speaker 2: My mama told me, no, welcome back to my mama told me. The podcast where David didn't realize he was introing after the drop, we are talking to mandal about whether or not a young woman lost her life in pursuit of the lean and the rocking with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So so you you're standing on your ship, you're embracing the possibility that this girl did die. When it first happened, what was the what was the climate around your community?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You're in high school, I presume, or you're middle you're in middle school, in middle middle school, is everybody truly terrified or they like, goofy, bitch, you should have you should have held your next stronger.
Speaker 3: N We was twelve, they were twelve. This of the kids start.
Speaker 1: We were twelve. So people thought it was hilarious. People thought it was hilarious. Ain't gonna lie, which is bad. People did, And I remember a lot of people kept snapping their heads back to see if it's gonna happen to them. But I think they was going through some personal issues. But but a lot of them cats for show was a lot of the people for show, like parents and stuff. They was like, hey, man, y'all relax, how y'all do that dance?
Speaker 3: You know it? It became like it was like when people check their candy for drugs. You know. Yeah, yeah, like people.
Speaker 1: It was like monitoring the dances to make sure people wasn't gonna snap their necks.
Speaker 4: I got you it. It became enough that your parents got involved.
Speaker 1: It was an assembly when we was at the pep rally. We had pep rally in middle school for for our basketball team, and the sixth gradest had to sit on the flow because you know, seniority and so and so we were sitting on the flow. It's this part where like the band will play music at the end they would be like scrubs, sit down. They will repeat that for us to sit down, because sixth gradest was scrubs at the time. And I remember if you was a tough sixth grader, you would stand up because you had self esteem.
Speaker 3: And so what happened was in that moment standing I sat down.
Speaker 1: Brou I'm gonna be honest, man, I didn't want to get I ain't want to get Donkey Kong.
Speaker 2: It's systemic.
Speaker 4: I knew, and I don't mean that, aud but I knew you sat down because of the way you told the story where you're like if you were, but oh yeah, you didn't.
Speaker 3: Say they was. They were standing.
Speaker 1: Shout out to them individuals. They all they all did some stuff. But look so while they dancing, everybody started dancing, so people laying, rocking, people, people just jigging in general, people doing the pool palace slash walking out whatever air you subscribe to. And then the principal stopped the band.
Speaker 3: Said hold on, hold on, hold on, d hold on now, y'all better not be snapping them next. We don't want to send nobody to the hospital. And he was dead serious. But everybody laughed and laughed, and people laughed at the idea of this lady dying and that more of us could have died. You know, we thought that was so humorous.
Speaker 4: Oh man, oh god, the idea that an adult, literally the most senior adult in this still it is like, wait a minute, this is irresponsible what you young people might be venturing into.
Speaker 2: I love that he had the heart to cut the music I've never once in my life had something important enough to say stop them. Yeah, not one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, my principal orthopedic shoes. Man, he wasn't a fun guy at all, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He had.
Speaker 1: He had a lot of hangtime over the belt for a shadow to who I become and then what he and what he did when he when he stopped all fun and said, y'all stop that. Y'all stopped that, and then the band started the song tho. So it was like a serious thing. It was a real serious thing, goddamn.
Speaker 3: But honestly, people kept snapping their nets back and nobody died. I ain't seen nobody else die from it.
Speaker 2: Any injuries, any injuries.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna lie. I seen I seen somebody do like the twist with the leg. I don't know. Do y'all know who fabo? We don't disrespect us, man, don't don't y'all from I know y'all from the midway. But still watch your fucking mouth, tell your story. But you know, do you know who is.
Speaker 2: Talking?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: He used to stand up?
Speaker 1: He game and they drub He would have stood up, and then they would have they would have jumped in but he would have apt up. So he used to do this thing where he would lift he would lift his leg up to his side and he will wipe off his feelies with his hand, right.
Speaker 3: I remember that was a big move.
Speaker 1: Like people will do that, and I've seen one person do that and they lifted up with too much momentum and fell over and but they lived.
Speaker 4: WHOA, Okay, yeah, I thought you were about to describe a horrible knee injury, but no, this is just bad balance.
Speaker 3: That led to yeah, they slipped, and it was really bads. Everybody like, na, hey, you can't do the moon, like fa, no you ain't. And then for we were like he think he fable and then like, nah, I guess I'm not fable because because you know, because I'm pretty bad, I'm not favor You know, it's only three years. So you do one dumb thing, you socially stunned yourself for middle you know what I'm saying. So like from that point on, it was like watch out for him, don't let him dance.
Speaker 4: Write that that is objectively not fay Bo for the rest of this experience.
Speaker 1: And I love that sentiment because even if somebody could do the move. They still not fable, you know what I'm saying. No, nobody was in that gym, but for one thing, for shortened that cat.
Speaker 3: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: If ever you thought, like a Scooby Doo episode, we're gonna amass him and it's secretly gonna be fab it ain't out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because in the song bet you Can't Do It Like Me, it's a song called bet you Can't Do It Like Me, which is a when they talk about doing the central move like Fabo. So just I did that Fabo was going around and teaching people the actual move as if like a like a like a train, you know, like if you get to a certain level in karate, the master train to come teach you. And so the idea was that he didn't have the central move.
Speaker 4: Oh, that Fabo Fabo had not been called down to give the ultimate instruction.
Speaker 3: For sure. I know this might be a convoluted.
Speaker 4: Well this is I think a wonderful transition into some of the research that I did. And according to what we were talking about, the the idea of the possibility of this girl dying according to those haters over at Snopes, and that's the only way that I see them there's not enough evidence on records showing that a person did in fact die doing the dance to prove this to be true. However, and this is a very important however, one specific to this show. One of the things that they point to as empirical evidence of, or rather the lack of empirical evidence, is they say that if a girl did in fact die, it would obviously make national news from if a girl died from this dance move.
Speaker 2: I think it's like, you know, how when when people were like, this is my theory, you know, when everybody was dying the COVID and people were like, oh, they're saying everybody's dying the COVID, but it's really they had the pre existing conditions they're dying of. I think that would happen in reverse in terms of a dance related death, because like, if my kid died snapping, I would be like, no, he fell down. In some athletic persons, I wouldn't want to report it is like what happened. Like the cops come in, they're like, what happened to death? That's crazy, that's he died, you know, So you got to be like he fell down the stairs. It's like domestic of you.
Speaker 3: He died.
Speaker 4: He died trying to stop a fire. He didn't die dancing, don't be honestly.
Speaker 2: He stood up at the assembly and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like I like the idea that somebody lying about what they actually died from he was doing.
Speaker 3: He was praising Tor and they got to jump him because they didn't want him to worship God. He was really a saint, you know, I got I got it.
Speaker 1: I got a question. I got a question. Who wrote that article that you read?
Speaker 4: Well, it's uh, it's Snopes, I think, is a website that sort of like prides itself on on unpacking the possibility of these things being real. I don't know specifically, although no, that's not true. There's a person named David Mickelson who wrote it. And part of my issue, and maybe this is what you're getting to is, I don't believe that David Michelson has a great understanding of what does and doesn't get reported from the black black community. The black children that are kidnapped and killed every day that does not get reported and treated like national news. So the possibility that a girl dying it easily could go without being reported.
Speaker 1: Bro, he he ain't got his head to the street, he got it to the sidewalk, and with that, that cat don't know what he's talking about. He wasn't in Atlanta. Here's here's here's my opposed argument to that.
Speaker 3: Why would? Why would? What's the motive for a line about that?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, like, what does what does the city of Atlanta get out of line about.
Speaker 3: This lady death?
Speaker 4: It's not a pointed pride, I imagine.
Speaker 1: And plus, if she was alive, she would have came out by now and saying, hey, y'all, I'm a c NA.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Definitely, I'm definitely not dad.
Speaker 2: All those other kids from the internet. You find them, the little boy drinking the juice like that, he plays football? Now, Oh boy, this nigga ain't a cold sandwich. I just looking at him. I was just looking at him on Instagram two days ago. He still hang out.
Speaker 3: She would have pulled up.
Speaker 1: She she would have been divorced by now and would have taught us like, hey, yo.
Speaker 2: She teaches dental hygienas said to Ride, I understand, Yeah, No, where is she? Yeah?
Speaker 1: She she doesn't exist because she passed. And I think it's sick that it's people on trying trying to take away her legacy like that, because that's somebody who means a lot to this city and we're not going to allow, you know, some some Reddit dude to try to disgrace that.
Speaker 4: I love that you said that. Let's let's take it a step further, because I actually thought that this. I didn't know about this one of the things that you mentioned, and it's not clearing, or at least wasn't clear when I originally read the conspiracy is that she was a part of the music video. This wasn't just a random girl at a random part, but was in fact one of the people that you see featured in the music video and in the conspiracy theory, or rather the the debunking quote unquote of this conspiracy theory. They actually liken it to a similar claim from nineteen eighty four featuring our Boy David Alfonso Robero.
Speaker 3: Oh no, yes, there were.
Speaker 4: There were claims in nineteen eighty four that Alfonso Robero, who originally got his fame doing Michael Jackson impersonations in that McDonald's career exactly Mike, that that Alfonso Robero actually had died from attempting an impossible Michael Jackson move. That like he had killed himself attempting to be Michael. That was a real rumor that was spreading in the eighties.
Speaker 3: Are you telling my brother from from one on one? Uh No, that ain't that flex That's no.
Speaker 2: That's Alexander. Oh.
Speaker 3: I thought he was Michael James. No, no, no, although gift that Alexander Michael he did do he did it Michael Jackson film. I believe where he had b I don't under saying maybe a real name with David what you said the Latin.
Speaker 2: Name Alfonso Roberto.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought y'all was saying flex flex. I would say, no, no, no, Alvon Robero. You know from The Fresh Prince. He was Carlton on The Fresh Prince.
Speaker 3: Oh, the Carlton.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he before he became Carlton got famous on like truly almost like it's as close I think as we could call viral back then. He became like a viral sensation for impersonating Michael Jackson's dance moves in a McDonald's commercial.
Speaker 3: That's hard, that's hard, man.
Speaker 2: I think he was hacking the eighties. That's what everybody was doing.
Speaker 3: I mean, shout out of everybody hood impersonated Michael Jackson man good career, Jason Weaver shot the Jason Weaver shout out, Oh Alexander. They put here to put the way paint on him.
Speaker 4: They made him look wild, oh man, that he made a wild choice participating in that film.
Speaker 2: He flex made a lot of wild choices. Do you remember Whole Boys in Outer Space?
Speaker 3: Of course? I remember Homeboys and Outers? I got one flax Sandate's that and snakes on a plane. Uh huh yeah. Flex Sander.
Speaker 1: He was a rapper who his and his and his security guard was Keen.
Speaker 3: And Thompson had a chain on the entire movie five foot eight inch Keenan Thompson and he landed a plane. He landed a plane that they was like, yo, who could fly the plane? And Ken and Tims like I'll fly it. And he goes to the fright. He was like, I ain't never land no plane. I was like, why do you do that? Kids? He figured it out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was like the third time we've talked about flex Alexander.
Speaker 3: On him and I pray to God it we do it every episode.
Speaker 4: I think, don't they say in Seinfeld, there's secretly like a Superman reference in every like scene.
Speaker 2: That's what we're Flex Alexander.
Speaker 4: And come on, baby, there there's gonna be a Flex Alexander in every little bit of this.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get I'm gonna get a I'm gonna get a Homeboys and Outer Space T shirt.
Speaker 4: I please, let's let's wear matching T shirts for the first live.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's alright, that is amazing. I do that.
Speaker 2: I'm with it.
Speaker 1: One thing about that boy Flex over his twenty year career, Rather he was Kyla Pratt Dad.
Speaker 3: Rather he was dribbling the basketball. That boy kept a shape of Denny.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say he had a Crystal one on them. Yeah, he had a j Road before Jalen Room.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, he kept a Chris one on he was.
Speaker 4: He was overshadowed by Steve Harvey's wig in a way that he'll never get the same credit that he deserves because we spent years, right, we spent years praising Steve Harvey for this lie. Meanwhile, Flex Alexander was sitting there beautiful the whole time, and we ain't we ain't say nothing.
Speaker 2: You know, who else had amazing hair. Who never gets his due? Who's that fucking Martin? Hmmm, oh, okay, that's Martin's hair was always beautiful, clean, faith so well and it was natural and I feel like nobody ever brings it up. Also, I'm pretty sure the first person to wear a Pelly Pelly on television.
Speaker 3: Oh that not that may be very true. In season two we had the Pelly Pelly with the belt Fox.
Speaker 4: Fox was making a bold choice with Martin when they made it, so we were gonna see some fashion that that.
Speaker 3: You know, the networks weren't.
Speaker 1: Ready for the first Pelly Pelly and the greatest shape of that's good.
Speaker 3: That man had a great career.
Speaker 2: No, he did it. We can't ever, we can never take away.
Speaker 3: And he told people to wash their ass. It's he did it. Super important. People are half to do that.
Speaker 1: People have to if you don't get rung the whole life, get out of way. It's like going to bed lay Oh yeah, not.
Speaker 2: Cleaning up your room.
Speaker 3: Make sure the inside is clean and then the outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the same thing.
Speaker 3: I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 4: I think I think this is this is huge for us.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: This is important because one of the things that along with liking it to to Alfonso Roberto and a number of sort of like weird conspiratorial deaths that were said to happen with like semi famous people in the media.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 4: One of the things that that then drove me to ask is is there any evidence of people dying from dancing?
Speaker 3: Right? Like? Do we have any actual evidence? And I got one?
Speaker 4: Oh, let's start with yours, because I actually this is exciting.
Speaker 1: So so all right, y'all, remember all right, I'm sorry, I get a little along with it. Bro, I'm a little socially in that, y'all. Remember you're nailing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're doing.
Speaker 1: Thank y'all, man, I really, I really thank y'all for letting me. This is the biggest thing that ever happens. So so look y'all remember in like maybe it's like nineteen ninety nine. Congratulations, it's Saturday, so your mama to let you stay past step past nine thirty.
Speaker 3: It's a dude who come on the TV.
Speaker 1: Now he got a blindfold, somebody it's ABC, somebody shoot a gun and if he catched the bullet in his mouth, y'all, remember that dude. I it used to be on a Magic Show. He used to catch a bullet in the mouth.
Speaker 3: He spit in the place. Oh are you talking.
Speaker 2: About street magic? Street magic?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he did it on the stage now on that same show. Right on the same show, they would show previews to a news segment where these people was dancing at arend reception and then you can watch you can find this on YouTube. They danced that a reception and the flow gave out at a wedding and a bunch of them casts down.
Speaker 3: Whoa, I think, I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but he didn't die. A bunch of them. It was like a whole wedding party. A lot of them die. They was doing the east Side stump.
Speaker 3: I made up the last part.
Speaker 4: I don't remember the magic show you're talking about, but I one hundred percent remember watching twenty twenty with my mom, which was very much a thing we were doing in nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: On Saturday night.
Speaker 4: Oh hell yeah, Where else was I going? This lady got twenty twenty on I'm in the house.
Speaker 3: It's a good time. It's a good time.
Speaker 4: But I remember watching an episode about exactly what you're describing. These people falling through the floor.
Speaker 1: They was jigg I wonder what record it was? You know what I'm saying, Like, imagine what record made y'all stump the flow up.
Speaker 3: Oh, I hope it was the Millennium.
Speaker 2: I hope it was.
Speaker 3: It was fucking I hope it was Storm by Kurk Franklin. That's all. Dang they get they got to go see him that day.
Speaker 2: That was a song. Right.
Speaker 4: If you're praising Jesus and then you get to meet him immediately after, that's pretty tight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all right, man.
Speaker 1: If they was, if they was all Kirk Franklin church outfits, y'all remember that when Kirk Franklin was like, Yo.
Speaker 3: We got we gotta figure out a way to get the youth in the church. We're gonna wear Jeanie. Yep. You know that was like a big thing in like ninety eight.
Speaker 2: He had a bubble coat too.
Speaker 4: That was before he got buff and and uh and also made up a new hairline for himself. He was more at peace back then into that though.
Speaker 2: I meant making up a new airline. I was on I'll tell you, I'll tell you the truth. I'll tell you the truth. I was on television. Once they hit me with the Beijing I felt incredible. Y.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest with you. You kids janed up one day that first day. It's a good time. Now, once you take the shower, once you take that shower, you see the mistakes he makes.
Speaker 2: Problem, that's true.
Speaker 3: The shower does reveal all Beijing area.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's my issue with it is is I I love the experience and for a TV appearance that makes perfect sense. But truly the next day makes you feel like the ugliest monster you ever because that's a fresh haircut and it ain't I.
Speaker 3: Kind of the house. It's white out for barbers.
Speaker 2: They got one. They got one at my barbershop. Nobody ever uses it. This guy, he got it, and I've never seen any but I always I want to I want to look good. I want the whole I want the whole situation.
Speaker 1: Hit up that once you once you start, once you start putting Beijing on that skull, you put on that skull or you put on that jaw line, that's when you never come in.
Speaker 3: Back, start singing R and B. Yeah, I think Carlos I wasn't.
Speaker 2: Even face those shoe Pauls. She looked like one of the brothers. Bro.
Speaker 1: I remember one time, I was at a smoothie place you do had Beijing, and his hairline started leaking because he was sweat up. And then and then the Beijing dripped into the smooth and he gave it to a customer whoa yep, yeah, fuck.
Speaker 2: Damn, I didn't. It's crazy because you said, I didn't know that you could work at a smoothie restaurant and have the money for Beijing. How much does it cost?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but but every literally everywhere I've ever been, they're giving that out for free at barbershops.
Speaker 3: Pay for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I said, they got the gun at my barbershop. I've never seen anybody.
Speaker 4: Oh you're talking about the gun situation. Most of the time. It's a little air brush squeegee type joint that I've seen.
Speaker 2: That's how it is in Hollywood. When I got Beijing, that's how it was. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think with the gun, they'll charge you that. That's not that giving away. That's too much Beijing that one time?
Speaker 2: Just break?
Speaker 3: Can they giving them away by the gap?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know you can't. I jump like a wild punch.
Speaker 2: That's like that's like mounting your own TV. You could do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now, don't do that. Call it, call it, call it a different man to come mount your TV for you. Don't don't do that.
Speaker 1: They put the business card on your head to make sure they get the lines right.
Speaker 4: So, so you brought up this example of these people dancing through the floor. I dare to ask you all, and this is exciting. Have either of you heard of the dancing Plague of fifteen eighteen?
Speaker 2: You know that I have?
Speaker 3: You have?
Speaker 2: I have? I bring it up all the time.
Speaker 4: Just the other day, I was saying, remember that dancing text.
Speaker 2: I was like, you, guys, that's just wow.
Speaker 4: Well, well, for the those that don't know, and Bory, I know you're already versed in all.
Speaker 2: Of this shit.
Speaker 4: But for those that don't know, the dancing Plague of fifteen eighteen apparently involved more than one hundred people dancing themselves uncontrollably to their own deaths.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. Why they do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So that's I love that you're asking that. And the truth is, no one still to this day, fully knows what the fuck happened. But apparently I'll break the whole story down for y'all. Apparently there was this lady fro Frau tro fe who leaves her house. One day, she goes to the city square and then she just starts dancing. She's in Straussburg, what is now modern day France. Right, she goes to the middle of Strausburg. She just starts dancing. She dances so long and so hard that eventually she passes out from heat stroke an exhaustion. But then everyone assumes like, all right, fraw got that shit out her system, She's gonna go do whatever the fuck frows be one elsewhere. But the next day she shows back up, does the exact same thing again the next day, to the point that peep other people start joining in and they start dancing alongside her, almost on some cult this ship, until four hundred people are gathered at a time dancing with this bitch.
Speaker 3: Frown.
Speaker 1: I think I know what happened, Okay, tell me so back then, this is when folks just started dance.
Speaker 3: Folks. So, I think it's two ways you can look at this.
Speaker 1: Either A they hold on what this girl doing, and then somebody else started like, no, it's hard, man, we got to keep up with this and that joy that endorphins outweigh food, water, shelter, and the willingness to live right.
Speaker 3: Or oh he's going for more, or if they.
Speaker 1: Had limited range, they had limited dance moves. So I think back in them times it was about who could do the better dance move, but who could dance alone? You get what I'm saying, Like the marathon came before the sprint.
Speaker 2: It was quantity not quality.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is well.
Speaker 4: Let me say I love these I love these suggestions of what happened. In fact, the suggestion that that dancing was created just shy of fifteen eighteen is is maybe my favorite piece of information that I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: Anybody before that. Before that, they was playing the music standing still. Man, I have no proof. I have no proof.
Speaker 3: People started jinging and then people start dying in a two.
Speaker 4: So what's crazy is that that even what you're suggesting is not that much more absurd than what they landed on all the way back then. A lot of people, naturally, you guys are smart enough to know they blamed the devil. That was the first thing that came to mind was them being like, well, is the devil's doing the frau obviously as a sinner, and so are these other people, and the devil is making them do that, And in fact, they would often refer to this lure of Saint Vitus Vetus. I don't know how to pronounce stuff, a Sicilian saint Martyred in three oh three, a d who was said to curse centers with uncontrollable dancing mania if angered.
Speaker 2: That's what his power is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he like, I guess he died and he was like, if I get mad, you have to date dance crazy.
Speaker 1: He like the first hypno hip. What's it called? Yeah, he the first one of those. Not a magician, bro, just like a what do y'all dude?
Speaker 4: So So the other thing that they point to as a potential explanation, this is not what people were saying back then. This is what what people have now sort of at least suggested, might be the conclusion that some also believe it was a result of effects of psychotropic mold known as ear God that basically grows on damp stalks of rye and then could produce a chemical similar to LSD.
Speaker 3: That's probably the real answer.
Speaker 2: How many days was she eating that mold?
Speaker 4: I don't think she was eating it. I don't think she was like having a big.
Speaker 2: Old I'm taking LSD it doesn't last for days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's they're saying that, like, or at least the suggestion feels like it's saying like the rye, it had been an inhalent all over the city type shit.
Speaker 6: Oh and then they collectively were Yeah, everybody's got high off this LSD in their homes and across the city, and now they're dancing in Times Square.
Speaker 3: BORI doesn't that I'm wrong with that one?
Speaker 4: Tell me why I want to hear both reasons?
Speaker 2: Why I every time? Because I read I was reading something about there was some that shit that happened in like Switzerland too, where they was like the town was collectively on LSD. Have you ever been on like psychotropic drugs around other people? Your experiences are not at all unified. Mmmm, it's not like it's not like that. It's like everybody's kind of going through their own shit. So to get four hundred people who are tripping to be involved in this like group hallucination, it's like I called Shenanigan.
Speaker 4: Well, here's what I'll say is that you are presuming that the people who are not dancing are not high as well. And there could be an argument that like everybody was high, but everybody was having different experiences. And those were just four hundred people who had a line in terms of like, yo, we're dance high, motherfuckers, versus these other people who are like sit at home with their arms folded and think about anything else.
Speaker 2: Weird happened in the down that day.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's not a lot of evidence of that. I think they were real focused on the dancing.
Speaker 2: See then No, if it was like four hundred people were dancing, two hundred people decided it's fun to steal from seven to eleven, six hundred people like did mouth stuff, like were blowing each other, then I would be like, oh, that makes sense, Like everybody's kind of acting out of character.
Speaker 3: I got you.
Speaker 4: But you know what, nobody invented mouth stuff. Therefore it's it's unlikely that this was the thing that was happening.
Speaker 2: I don't think that. I think mouth stuff goes back as far as people go back.
Speaker 3: You think mouth stuff goes further than dancing.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I think people have been putting it in their mouths since they've been putting food in there. Yeah, I think we have always put genitals in mouths always.
Speaker 4: Hell Yeah, Mandel you are you're you're on the pro At this point they David took the con where explain to me why you believe this?
Speaker 1: That just sounded like geeker activity, And so I'm gonna go with that. That sounds like some of the geeked up. Maybe the bread, maybe the RYE mixed in with the LSD make you want to jig a little bit. You know, I've seen plenty of people jig on a lot of things, and maybe and maybe today.
Speaker 3: Was LSD, LSD and rye. Baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you put that bread with the LSD, you on that dance floor. You know, it's just what it is.
Speaker 4: So one of the the most interesting explanations that I found that I think actually is going to be a great connector back to this original conversation is the reference to something called collective psychosis, which argues that cultural influence, religion, supernatural beliefs, gossip right, might lead people to enter a disassociative mental state in which their normal consciousness is disabled, causing them to carry out irrational physical acts.
Speaker 2: But this was in France, right, why didn't they all start kissing?
Speaker 4: Well, that that's rational, that that's literally their thing. So I think what they're saying is the irrational would not be to kiss, but to dance wildly until you're that Literally. They described some of these people as like being bloody from from having danced all day for two months.
Speaker 2: To wait, you didn't say too month.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm sorry, Yes, this lasted for two months.
Speaker 3: I've been getting nigh this old time. I forgot. So you said they for two months? That's right? Well that yeah, that's that's a way of thinking about it. Damn that's crazy that that is.
Speaker 4: And I guess where it connects me back where I start to think about the original conspiracy theory, right is I think about this girl and how like Snopes and these other people that claim it's not real would say, well, it's unlikely that somebody would want to dance that hard or give that much energy to it and that would eventually snap their neck whatever, whatever, whatever. But I think we're really talking about like this this cultural psychosis that we could all find ourselves in. It's just us trying to one up each other and get further into sort of like a place of value with our dance moves, with our bodies, and that could force a person exactly, Yeah, a person would suddenly kill themselves on on some just desperately wanting to be a part of this cultural imprint.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've definitely been in a party and the time is right and the lights are hitting, and I'm like, I would kill to be the best dancer. Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. I felt that. I felt that before.
Speaker 3: I feel you.
Speaker 1: My only issue though, is that it was too much that stuff. You get what I'm saying at some point. Well, what I'm surprised is that they didn't die without food and water before too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I.
Speaker 4: Think that what they're saying is that that's over the course of two months, one hundred people died. So I don't think that literally everybody that started with FRAU made it all the way through two months. In fact, I read something that said that it was something like fifteen people a day dropping dead from whatever this was. So I think they started off dancing and then some people would drop out, some people get tired and not come back. But over the course of two months, this dancing never stopped.
Speaker 1: Well, people got to chill out with that.
Speaker 4: That's what I got, and honestly, I think that's the best way for us to put us stamp on this.
Speaker 3: I truly don't know.
Speaker 4: A better way for us to end this conversation with just hey, people got to chill out out with that.
Speaker 3: Look, if you hate cops just because the next time you get in trouble, call on crackhead, call him up. Manna, they're gonna dance today die.
Speaker 4: They'll dance to die because they're on psychotropic drugs. Huh, Mandel, could you tell the people where they can find you and what cool shit you have going on?
Speaker 1: Man, don't find me fire youre lord to save you. Man, Thank y'all for having me.
Speaker 3: Bro. Oh, that's not what you're I just need though. I love that.
Speaker 4: That's what you were about to go into is an acceptance speech.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm about to say thank you. Shout out to Hot Comics Studios. So let me record here.
Speaker 3: Oh way to find me? Oh I gotta I got an Instagram? Yeah, I got an Instagram? Dumb Mandel man? Yeah, follow that follow or don't know either one?
Speaker 4: Follow Mandel I was. I was telling him before the podcast. One of my favorite clips of comedy I've seen in years is something he posted. A very funny joke. He told so follow Mandel. He's hilarious, Bory. You want to tell the people where they can find you what you got going on?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, December third, I'm gonna be at the Crocodile in Seattle, and December fourth, I'm gonna be headlining Helium in Portland, and then you know, oh, November twenty fourth, I'm gonna be headlining the Comedy Works in Denver. My little brother's gonna be there. He's pretty fun.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah does he wait he does comedy now, No.
Speaker 3: He'll just be hanging out. It's just jellous. Fuck. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, go Ze, Bory goes Lee Boy's little brother. If you're in Denver, and as always, you can follow me at Langston Kerman on all platforms. And if you want to send us your drops, your conspiracy theories, your bullshit, send it to my mama pod at gmail dot com. We would love to hear from you. Okay, that's it, by bitch.
Speaker 5: The government brought up bas my grown chips in your names.
Speaker 2: All Koala bears are racist.
Speaker 5: The host of lair for host and money, our ships and men of turkey stuff.
Speaker 2: I can't tell me go