Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of On Trends Days We Wear Pink. That is courtesy of Moniche on the discord. What is that? What's oh?
Speaker 2: That's from uh me girls, Mean girls?
Speaker 1: Good girl? Where is my mind that is being shown to mean girls on this podcast?
Speaker 2: I know up, I don't, don't.
Speaker 1: Let's just desplicable.
Speaker 2: Let's move forward. Let's move forward, all.
Speaker 1: Right, to so a couple of stories on the ongoing situation Gaza. You know, I think one thing that I've heard come up from a lot of people is the question, you know, as as we're seeing Israel, uh the Israeli military fully bombarded Gaza and like just blowing up the entire blocks of apartment buildings and you know, residential areas, is like, well, can the people just leave? Have the people just left?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: You know, they were told to leave, they're told to leave. Can they just leave? And so there is the story that you know, the US is working on a plan to evacuate innocent American and Palestinian citizens from Gaza along the southern path to Egypt, according to a Jerusalem Post report. But you know that there's a couple of reasons that this is I don't know. First of all, one thing, like I keep seeing the phrase like Israeli military is pounding Gaza and yeah, yeah, no, they're blowing up innocent people's sag.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a see.
Speaker 2: The rhetoric is is like like we're saying, it's it's so out of control, like with the sort of like the vengeance undertones of everything. Yeah, and like it's just always like it's not really reported. It's become just so sensational and along with all like the misinformation, it's become very just like good. I'm like I constantly have trouble processing everything I'm seeing, to the point where, like I said the other day, can't even look at Twitter anymore because it's so like rife with all kinds of misinformation. But to that point, yeah, I mean, like with the Gaza thing, there's a lot of things where or there was a lot of people pointing to the fact that like, well, they're telling people to leave so then they don't have to experience the siege that is taking place. But when you look at the news and how people can even enter or exit Gaza, it doesn't seem that easy or possible right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a note of context on what it's like to try and get out of Gaza for innocent Palestinian citizens. Like before all of this happened, Palestinian people are often not able to get out of Gaza for medical emergencies. When a child has cancer, they have to wait for Israel to grant them the papers they need to leave, which can take weeks or never arrive. And so you have children dying from preventable diseases because there's like no chemo clinic in Gaza. Right, So the idea that at this time of war and vengeance, Israel will suddenly start to let Palestinian citizens leave in moss like seems less likely than I'd hoped, I guess heading into the researching of it, Like, yeah, you know. And also the the Biden like passage plan is supposed to be letting the innocent people in Gaza leave through the Southern passage to Egypt and Israel. The Israeli military bombed that passage, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: There was like an air strike there. Now the Egyptians I think have closed down that crossing. Yeah, because again like from their perspective, they're they don't know, they're not trying to deal with them like a huge exodus from Gaza, and now people are truly just sort of stuck there with everything that's happening, and like to this point of like all the misinformation there have been, like I see so many of like we just see this pattern regardless of the details, which is like Hamas has done this. Therefore, the flattening of Gaza is on the table, and even if there are innocent people there, that's on the table because of these enumerated people, Like yeah, and I get it, Like for when you hear that innocent people are being killed indiscriminately, it's not a far stretch to then believe a lot of other horrific things that are being said like that, you know, and I'm sorry to have to say this, like the babies are being decapitated, and there's been a lot that's been something that's been talked about a lot, and a lot of news outlets are now sort of beginning to walk that back, walk it back, or say that came from this person who spoke to a soul 're not necessarily someone from like the military command who gave them this information, And that has completely proliferated and again created another narrative to say like Okay, the further like dehumanization of the people in Gaza, I'd be like, well, you know, I guess like if this happened, then their death is actually justifiable. And that's what again, like we were saying yesterday, it's so fucking wild to watch this narrative sort of pick up steam because when you look at Twitter, Twitter, like so many people are getting stuff from Twitter, and really that's just stuff that's coming from Telegram a lot of the time. Now the amount of shit that, like I said, even last time when I was like, oh I think Biden may have okayed eight billion, like that was completely concocted and was going around on Twitter, or like things that people are showing destruction in Gaza that's from like years ago or sometimes not even Gaza, or showing people like like a woman that was burned alive that was actually comes from like a clip that was filmed in Guatemala years ago. That we are now like just all of this very provocative violent shit anding whirling and yeah, and I'm like, the momentum is not slowing down and now like we're only just seeing like reports on how much like these buildings are being flat like and again that this is kind of on the table because of X, Y and Z.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and it's you know, horrible things happened to a lot of people, So it might seem like a weird time to be policing the specifics of what happened to who in what way. But when you have you know, military officials specifically using phrases like animals when describing their enemies, and then when the innocent among them are not being afforded an opportunity to escape, like, it is important that you know, things are made clear and that misinformation is not able to just be you know, spread indiscriminately and without consequences. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just the thing that makes it so difficult is like, it's valid for people to be upset that the innocent people are being murdered and kidnapped, and it's also completely valid for people to feel like the entire world has ignored their plight up until this moment, and try and see the pendulum swing in the other direction and the empathy go in that direction. Where it gets really tricky is when you start seeing this manifest into the kind of rhetoric where you're seeing people in the streets being like, yeah, fucking destroy Gaza like it needs to disappear, or people are saying all kinds of wild anti Semitic shit overtly covertly. That level of the dysfunction of like our ability to sort of communicate is just being exacerbated right now. And I think this is kind of a new It feels very different right because, like the conflict in Ukraine was sort of one of the first times we were just seeing armed conflict play out on social media, like with all kinds of stuff like coming out at you or like, and at least with this sort of the amount of content that was coming out, and now we're now we're seeing it with all kinds of misinformation being injected and accelerated. That it's really like, I don't blame a lot of people who are just trying to be like I don't know what to think right now, and you just like all I can do is like go on Reuters where they have like a fact like a fact check section of their website that is constantly being updated trying to keep up with clips that are being shared, whether it's like fake audio that was added to a CNN clip about people ducking rocket fire or clips of people like apparently people celebrating in certain parts of the country, but that was from years ago and completely predates the conflict or that they're like there was photos of the Israeli flag on skyscrapers and Nazerbaijan, and that was actually from twenty fifteen. Like they're all these things that are nudging people into these different sort of perspectives or their view on it, and that's what I that's what really I don't like, how are how are we going to de escalate from that? Because when you see something that like that or hear something like that, it is upsetting. It starts putting you your mind in a completely different direction. And yeah, I'm I'm really curious see if like if ex Twitter, whatever, the fuck they're gonna get their shit together. I'm not sure, but yeah, this is just yeah, it's fucking it's it's unreal, like how this much back and forth happening, Like even on like my own social media, like watching people have like really really bad takes where like they don't need to be and a lot of it too, will be like based on some shit and I'm like, yo, just so you know, like that's not true, Like what you're what you just said or what you think is happening, and like, all over the place, you have people conflating the Israeli government with the religion of Judaism, and the same way that people are conflating Hamas with Palestinian people and what every single Palestinian person wants. And but again you have all of these clips, videos, things that reinforce one of those worldviews. And if you can just see, like, how are the how can people come to the table if they're already being like, no, this is too much, this is too much, this is too much. Yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about something else, and we're back, and all right. A couple non war stories. So Jerry Seinfeld has teased a Seinfeld reunion kind of So basically, he was doing a Q and A on like at a live show and somebody asked about the last episode of Seinfeld and he claimed that he has a secret about the ending, that something is going to happen with that ending.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's even been talking with Larry David about the ending. But I don't know, an actual reunion or a continuation of the show seems very unlikely, considering that he has repeatedly bristled at the idea of a straight up reunion. U R we already got a fake Seinfeld reunion on curb. I unfortunately, I feel like this is going to be a super Bowl commercial.
Speaker 2: It's going to be oh no. But is there like anything that says that there's there's something to that, Like there they got Kenny Rogers's deale or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's either nothing or it's a super Bowl commercial. You know that.
Speaker 2: It's either nothing or it's a super Bowl commercial for Crypto. Right this time again with Larry Day, the whole cast off, Seinfeld is going to show for Crypto again.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's what I'll tell you. Okay, but you can't tell anybody, he continued. Something is going to happen with that ending. It hasn't happened yet, and just what you have been thinking about Larry and I have been talking about, so you'll see. But obviously I can't say yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: If I don't know, and you can put yeah, I don't know. If you could put Michael Richards back in the mix.
Speaker 1: Now, probably not, but yeah, sure. Ul Ice stretched into a thirty second Super Bowl commercial. Uh with some of them, some of the people, the Fairis Bueller one that was there, Back to the Future one, Ferris Bueller one was pretty uh.
Speaker 2: And I feel like, yeah, there's always some like weird, half fast attempt to like get all these people together again. But then it just it just falls flat every time. But hey, look, just dig up the old ip man, bring it back one more time.
Speaker 1: We have a contender for the wildest pre column disclosure of the year. Thus far from the Washington Po opinion section.
Speaker 2: This is where like you would say, like these are I might have conflicts of interest, Like yes, you know, I'm writing about the environment, and I have at one point I did get money from Exxon to do something. But that was years ago. But just in the name of full disclosure, that happened, that kind of thing, right.
Speaker 1: So this is an opinion piece on the Washington Post titled Tim Scott, please drop out, urge others to follow and unite behind Haley by George F. Will, a columnist, and the disclosure at the beginning is the columnist's wife, Mary Will, an advisor to Republican presidential candidate. Senator Tim Scott disagrees with his with this column this man's trying to get divorced. I feel like this is like.
Speaker 2: Who and who writes that he had to do that in the third person?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, maybe maybe the editorial team.
Speaker 2: They're like herd man, what's your wife saying? She's she disagrees hard, but that's.
Speaker 1: What she saying to his wife when she comes into work. You see this ship? Mary? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well you what's he doing? I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Tim let me. What can I say? He thinks he thinks he should drop out and we should all unite about all unite around Nikki Haley. Who, come on, y'all, it's gonna be Trump. Stop. There's no there's no there's no math that adds up to it not being Trump right now unless something comes down that actually legally prevents him from running.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, it would be good to have somebody just kind of sitting there waiting, waiting. But I I also don't think that anybody like knows anything about like who's the best candidate for for their case. And no, I mean I don't care. I would love for them all to drop out except for one, and for that one to be the wrong person. So I'm with this guy do it? Everybody drop out except Nikki Hayley. Let's talk Aaron Rodgers real quick. Yeah he's at it, back at it again. Yeah. So this like last week, I guess he attended a Chiefs Jets game. He was mad to be overshadowed by Taylor Swift and Travis Kelcey, which everything is being overshadowed. They might cancel the super Bowl because like this story is just so much bigger than the NFL now that Taylor Swift is involved, and so she attended the game. Everyone was looking at her. He also attended the game, not as many people were looking at him. Uh, he's he's injured this year. And in his recap he was describing Travis Kelsey as mister Fizer. He has like a Boomhower voice, like, which I didn't realize. It's like it feels like the Hill. Can we can we listen?
Speaker 2: Is it like, uh, like an affect he's putting on because he's from Chico, California. So I'm like, oh, I'm sorry, where where did you? Where did you pick that up? But yeah, here's uh, here's one of the clips here listen.
Speaker 3: You know, mister Pizer said he didn't think he would be in a vax war with me. There's not even a war, homie, this is just conversation. Hey man, if you want to have some sort of duel debate.
Speaker 2: Podcast, it sounds more like Hank Hill than Boom Howard to be out.
Speaker 4: It's like, Bob, you want to have a war with me? We want to have mister, Yeah, I mean he wants he wants to have a vax war. And apparently he what proposed like a no holds barred cage debate with Aaron Rodgers and r f K versus fucking Travis and doctor Fauci, like.
Speaker 1: Come together now you know you're in trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah please?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Yeah, I bet that would be like smart and everybody would be no dumber for having heard that debate.
Speaker 2: Well they're at it. They should debate about the conflict between Hamas and Israel.
Speaker 1: Would be that's about Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't know if anyone should. In fact, nobody should, but like holy ship, the level of like the self importance of being like yo, no man, like I'm I'm I'm here to fucking actually make this point and I'm gonna tear down Fauci and Travis.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's it.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, mister poser.
Speaker 1: All right, mister want to come down do dang thing. They just damn ass.
Speaker 2: Everybody's got a good hand killing.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's a good one. All right. Well Miles, those are some of the things that are trending in this Wednesday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bite, bite,