Speaker 1: What's going on ya? This is Lady London and y'all could check me out on a Bootleg keV podcast right now.
Speaker 2: Hey, you're about to watch the new interview brought to you by Blue Chew. Get a month's supply of blue Choo for free, fellas, that's right, Bluechoo dot Com promo code Bootleg right now, get a month supply for free, helping you with that erectile dysfunction with the same active ingredient as Viagra and Ciallis. But you don't got to go to the doctor. It's all online and it delivered right to your front door. That's how we're doing things. Let's get into the interview, yo, Bootleg CAV podcast special guests in here, Lady London.
Speaker 1: Yes, how are you?
Speaker 2: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm good, Tiet, I'm good.
Speaker 2: How are you good? Your new album has been out for a couple of weeks, now, how's it feel?
Speaker 1: It feels good. I think we're approaching on our second week right now.
Speaker 2: So are you feeling like, you know, like I feel like when the albums drop, it's like the work just begins. Yeah, you gotta do all the running around and yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a lot. This is actually like New York Press was crazy, Atlanta Press was kind of crazy, but you know, at least kind of more subtle, more chill. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for people who don't know you're from. Okay, so you raped Jersey, but you grew up in New York. Give me the bread, give me a little bit of both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. So early childhood in New York and then I moved to Jersey into high school there.
Speaker 2: So so you rapped Jersey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what part strange?
Speaker 2: Okay, I've only been I went to uh what part of Jersey? Do we go to? Jersey City?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not too far.
Speaker 2: We were in what's the name of that rapper that we shot with? Oh he put honey He put a honey pack in his honey bun. Hold on now, he just got out of prison.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jersey, Jersey City.
Speaker 2: We went to like his corner store and he did the most wild ship. He took like the mail and handster honey pack and he put it in his in his food.
Speaker 1: I'll be that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Shout to Jersey though. Man, there was the honey bun and the honeypack combo. Who would have thought crazy? So your new album's called Soul, what's the acronym stand for.
Speaker 1: Signs of Universal Love. Okay, yeah, I like that. Yes, it's a vibe. It's all about zodiac signs.
Speaker 2: So it's like, you believe in zodiac signs.
Speaker 1: I believe that they govern your temperament. I don't swear by them.
Speaker 2: I always, you know, I didn't, really I'm gonna will. I almost call myself an a Quemini. That's an outcast album. I am an aquarius, got it, But I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you can be often detached, you can be kind of aloof. I feel like it's many qualities of an Aquarius. But of course it all has to do with your other placements too. You're more sign your rising science that that's all important too.
Speaker 2: I'm curious, will you, like, let's say, if there's somebody in your life or let's say in your past, have you not entertained somebody because of their signs? So you believe for real, I.
Speaker 1: Believe that it controls certain elements of you. It's no, it's like that can't be no coincidence.
Speaker 2: That all y'all act like that, like NA, So if you're going to like, like, let's say, have you ever gone on a date with somebody, found out there' zodiac sign and been like, oh, this would be the last day. Yep. Wow, I didn't know people like that. Well, it's nice to meet somebody like that. I always thought that that was like a myth.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wouldn't say my last day, but I would be like, I'm cautious.
Speaker 2: You're cautious. I'd be like, because, like, if everything lines up, that's good. But then they but they were born in the wrong month.
Speaker 1: It's like, damn, I'm telling you something coming every time?
Speaker 2: Every time? So what is your zodiac son?
Speaker 1: Cancer?
Speaker 2: What's what? I don't know what that means with.
Speaker 1: The mother of the zodiac very nurturing, very sensitive, hyper sensitive, and super moody.
Speaker 2: Which sign are you not?
Speaker 1: Culture with libras?
Speaker 2: Libras, Yeah, Libras are.
Speaker 1: Psychopathic, interesting characters. I think great friendships though, Like I have good friendship.
Speaker 2: My my son's mom is a Libra and both of my sons are libras, And wow, yeah, wow, that's.
Speaker 1: A heavy household toxic.
Speaker 2: Toxic sign. Is that accurate? Me saying that libras are the little.
Speaker 1: Toxic, manipulative, victimizing, but also super creative, very very good at what they do. They do something they do at the best. Yeah, okay, I say that, I for.
Speaker 2: Sure shout to the leabers out there. So if you so, if someone was born in October, they're just done in your.
Speaker 1: Late September, I have I don't have no picks toasted the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to you. But I didn't know. Is so you actually so you went to HBC, you went to Howard and graduated, and then you ended up coming to the USC and getting a degree. Here was it a master's? Yeah, you're really smart something.
Speaker 1: I say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm under So how many years of college did you? Is that? Like?
Speaker 1: I did six? Well? I did? I did five. I finished my masters in a year, but it was a two year programs.
Speaker 2: What was your master's? By the way, life flex She's like, I finished my masters in a year.
Speaker 1: Ye, I don't want to pay for other year. Yeah, but I did global medicine.
Speaker 2: Global medicine. So what does that mean?
Speaker 1: It basically focuses more so in like the administrative side of things, So you can like work for the u N or work.
Speaker 2: For the w A show or so you could like be.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, but not that delusion though, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, it's crazy, Like I wonder, like you with your background, like, how did you feel about like just the whole vaccine and all that now that we're on the other side of it. Yeah, and it seems like, you know, we kind of got like we kind of got bamboozed a little because I got the JAB. But I feel like I feel like if I had have known everything I know now, I would have totally have just been like, if I get it, it's probably better if I just get it naturally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I knew then just from my background. They didn't know the difference between public health and public safety, and I think they were confusing the two. But for me, I never got I never got vaccinated.
Speaker 2: Because could you young and healthy, Well.
Speaker 1: No, there's you know, cold morbidities that exist in anything. But I do think that for me, I was like, there's a certain thing that's heard immunity. After a certain point in time, everybody has to get it. It's inevitably going to get you. And if you have something that's going to defeat you, like if you have a cancer or an HIV or something like that, are you higher at risk to be you know more sick than you. But that's life. This is the common flu.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then the other thing. And there's so much we can get into. I did get that. I got the first jab. I didn't get the booster. They couldn't boost me. Okay, by then I was By the time I got the booster came around, I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Did you ever have COVID?
Speaker 2: I had a fucking four times? Yeah, but you know it only it never was bad for me though, Like I had it, and well the first time I had it, I only knew because I couldn't smell okay, And so I remember my wife was cooking, and my wife can cook.
Speaker 1: She's Mexican, you know, she could go, oh yeah, be smelling like.
Speaker 2: So I was like sitting on the couch. I was playing video games or something, and I was just like, oh, you're cooking. And then I was like, oh shit, they got me. So I walked outside of my patio and we have like a little pad of grass and my dog's poop on and I got on my knees and I sniffed a turd. I swear to god, I didn't put my nose to it, but I didn't smell the turd and I was like fuck. I was like it finally had But again I also was like running around going to studio sessions. I thought was like, you're outside for sure. Yeah, I mean for like the first month, I was inside enjoying it, Yeah, relaxing, catching up on some tiger king.
Speaker 1: I didn't get it for two years. I was I was one of them people that wore masks everywhere, didn't go out, and like I was. I knew the risk of it. I have asthma, so I was like, okay, let.
Speaker 2: Me just be careful.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I got it after two years. And I was like expecting a day to come like, oh my god, because my breathing is compromised. So I'm in a hotel like quarantine and like what day is it going to be the worst day?
Speaker 2: And it never came, never even went.
Speaker 1: It was totally fine. I only had a fever for one day and then I just waited out the rest of it.
Speaker 2: So you you've helped I know you've done some acting, but you've also helped write on some TV shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, TV shows and some film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like helping with the script in the lines and stuff.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm more of a soundtrack.
Speaker 2: Okay, on the soundtrack, okay, like what shows?
Speaker 1: I did Queen's ABC, so I wrote for basically the cast with Eve, Brandy Peppy and the Tory Norton, so it was really dope to do that. I did some work on partners in Rhyme with mc light. I did to not Latan had a debut film call on to come up that you were in that, right, I was in it and I wrote the soundtrack for it.
Speaker 2: So I met her once in Tampa, Florida randomly. I was backstage at the It was when Chris Brown had his tour with The Migos in French Montana, and it was from French and SINNI were dating and it was out in the world. But then I saw it in Florida. I was like, Oh, this is crazy. She just walked in the dressing room and I was just like, oh shit, where in Tampa and tonight Lathan is here.
Speaker 1: This is incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's incredibly talented.
Speaker 1: She's so dope, but y'all didn't even audition for months. She's like, I think you could play this character where you are So I ended up being that's my first time acting debut is that.
Speaker 2: Something that you're you got the bug for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to do I want to do more of it for sure.
Speaker 2: Hey, what up, y'all? You already know my bookiey man, we just made so much money this past weekend. If you did not get in on that deal that we had, it's all good, man. You can still get down with that free deposit bonus up to two hundred dollars all right, right now. If you go to my bookie dot Ag, we're gambling on NBA. We're gambling on football. I've been murdering the NFL, murdering it. I do these four teams super teasers. You get plus thirteen on NFL games. Listen, if you can't hit a plus thirteen teaser, I don't know what to tell you, but I will tell you this. When you go to my bookie dot Ag, you sign up with a new account, you're gonna get that first deposit bonus using the promo code Bootleg. You've got to use that promo code Bootleg, MyBookie dot Ag promo code boot Leg. They're gonna give you free money to gamble with. That's right, it's so easy. What are we talking about, man, man, I've been running it up on my bookie for almost ten years. You know what I'm saying. They reached out to me and they were like, we'd love to sponsor your podcast. I say, check my account. I d buddy, you've already been taking a lot of my money's time. We get some of that back. But I've been on a roll with my bookiey man, so go to my bookie AG. They got the casino live, blackjack let whatever you're into craps, they got the slots, but most importantly were talking about this sports book. You could also cash out early. Now what let's say you hit three out of four of the legs on your parlay, cash that bitch out, take your money and go go back to your bed and go to sleep. You know what I'm saying, My bookie dot ag Promo col Bootleg, get that deposit bonus right now wherever you're at. We all good with my bookie. Also want to give a shout out to our folks at Imperial right now. Salute to Imperial Extractions. If y'all don't know Imperial Extractions, they're OG's in this man. They got sixteen years of experience when it comes to this West Coast cannabis scene. All right, Imperial Extraction. Look, this is what they do, straight premium luxury products. If you're a smoker, if you're a tocter toker, you know what I'm saying. Whatever you're into, they got And right now, we all love freeweed. I know I love freeweed. Who doesn't love freeweed? You can get a free two gram THHCA diamond infused pre roll, premium cannabis in it. Of course, if y'all ain't heard sixteen years experience and now Imperial Extraction, they're throwing their hat into the hemp game. That means that this can get delivered to you wherever you are, wherever you're at. Legally, it's getting delivered to your door. La King Cush Cereal milk. We got flavors for days. We got flavors for days, white Berry Runtz. Come on, man, this is the most important thing. Go to Imperial Extraction dot com. Use the promo code Bootleg. Right now, they're gonna send you one of these straight to your door for free with your order. Who doesn't love free weed. We're talking about two gram premium luxury pre roll. Look at these glass tips. Come on, man, they say't that bullshit? This that real shit right here. You bust one of these bad boys, open this diamond in here. Bruh. You know what I'm saying. I'm just letting you know, all right, if you want some free weed, Imperial Extraction dot com, Imperial Extraction, dot com, Poma cold Bootleg, get you a free pre roll sent to your crib. Right the fuck now, let's get back to the interview. You know, acting you get there's no you don't have to.
Speaker 1: Recoup, so I hear as long as I don't play myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as lo are the players. It's crazy too because like for you, like I feel like we're in like a renaissance of like it used to be a thing where you would describe an artists as like a female rapper, but female rappers are running rap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's just like rappers.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Like it's like the best. Like you know, if you could like rewind like twenty eighteen twenty seventeen, you'd be like, oh, there's this new female role. How many female rappers can pop? At the same time, there was that narrative because it was like just Nikki for so long, But now it's like I just wish the dudes would care about making real records like the women are these days.
Speaker 1: I think we had our time. We deserve this time. Now. It's been so many years since All Woman Dynamic was domain.
Speaker 2: That's back in the day. Well, back in the day, it was like the you had like the Brad Little Kim, Foxy Eve, like a lot of people doing everything at the same time. I feel like now though, it's like way crazier. Yeah it is, and there's so many like spectrums, Like you could get Rhapsod he was one of the greatest period shouts to raps, and then you got like Sexy read who you can you know for sure?
Speaker 1: I love the dichotomy between all of them. No, I think it's dope.
Speaker 2: Have you listened to Andre three thousands fluent album?
Speaker 1: I can't wait to listen to it. I haven't sat down yet, but like that, Andre is somebody I'm an enthusiast of. Like I just feel like, whatever he drops, I want to come.
Speaker 2: To album right there. Quin it's my favorite. It's like my third favorite album of all time.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I love Outcasts, But no, I'm not gonna lie. I saw it. I saw the press release and I was just so fucked. I was like, yes, yeah, and then I read and it was like, there'll be no rapping, it's just the flute. I said, okay, well, at least i'll have some music to trip on shrooms too, some shrooms get high. Let Andre play the flute in the background.
Speaker 1: No, And I like his self awareness in it too. I feel like evolution is so important for artists to like understand what a leane of life they're in at the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you already said. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was like, I don't have nothing to rap about, so you want me to.
Speaker 2: Rap colonoscopy And I was like sure, I literally listen to you rap about anything. Yeah, yeah, colonoscopies, you know, iras, whatever you want to rap about. But we're gonna get the flute sounds the flu.
Speaker 1: I'm excited about that.
Speaker 2: On this new album, you got a lot of dope features. I'm a writer who I think is really dope and slept on. Yeah, she's incredible. Who's first of all, what's your favorite song on the album? And for you, what was like the feature that meant the most to get done for this one.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. My favorite song changes often, but right now is safety Net. It's this track of Brook Valentine number ten, and it's just very like.
Speaker 2: Wait, Brook Valentine is that.
Speaker 1: Girl fight yeah fight? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh wait she's married to my boy. Yeah yeah, so.
Speaker 1: She's on a Virgo record because she's married to a Virgo, which is my brother Marcus.
Speaker 2: Like your brother, my brother. He's a great guy. He just hit me like a month ago and told me, hey, my wife, do you want to book because I have a club in Scotstyle And I was like, you're married to Brooke boalnin Yeah. I just figured yeah shots broken, Yeah, okay, shot to market.
Speaker 1: It's a great guy, great family.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love like his like he's giving game away.
Speaker 1: Free game. Yeah for sure, I love it. But yeah, that's like one of my favorite on the project. And then my favorite person I have worked with throughout it. She I was happy to uh damn everybody. I really enjoyed everybody was there like a.
Speaker 2: Student, like well like because these days you might get a song sent to you were you able to like.
Speaker 1: Get I sat down with everybody. I flew into each person's like hometown or whatever, and I made an environment. I would say I did safety that. Yeah yeah, and act like you know, all in one session at west Lake and everybody was there. Everybody who was featured on it came into the studio and we did it together.
Speaker 2: That's the funnest session.
Speaker 1: It was the most uh productive, get creative. Yeah, it was just it was just really fun to watch everybody's like ideas ping off each other and stuff like that was really what.
Speaker 2: Is your pen game? Like? Are you writing everything? Are you are you punching in? Like, how do you know?
Speaker 1: I'm one take lady, Like, I'm literally I don't punch often.
Speaker 2: So you'll have you'll have your ship like look I'm ready, I'm already ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or like I'll write in there if i'm like because like safety know, for example, I wrote the whole record, so like I sat down and I can't sing, so I'm like, girl, like you know this we're doing so yeah? She just man, everybody did they part on that. You know?
Speaker 2: How much writing do you do for other people?
Speaker 1: Uh? Not as much anymore. I kind of got my start in songwriting at first, so I used to you know, obviously being writing sessions and whatever whatever, But it's a grind.
Speaker 2: People don't know, man, Oh my god, because you might be in a session and feel like we got one and then it doesn't make the album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that happens all the time.
Speaker 2: And then the songs just like in I don't Know.
Speaker 1: And you don't know who'se hands will end up in Like that's the crazy part is knowing like you wrote it for this person and then this person has it now, or you know it comes out five years later and you're like yeah.
Speaker 2: Like when you're a producer and a songwriter, it is a it is a it's a grind because those studio sessions can be eight, ten, twelve hours and then you don't even know if it's if you even got anything out of it, Like, hey, hey, what up you all? We got to stop the interview. Tell you about our good folks at King Palm. That's right, let me tell you about King Pom Man. It's all we smoking over here. What I love about King Pom chirping infused flavor in each one of these These are the margarita. Now, this is kind of the wave I've been on recently. These margarita ones are fucking fire, no tobacco, no nicotine, straight raw organic fresh leaves and mos dope. Is they got the tip, you squeeze the tip, you hit one of these boys, and you just get hit with that flavor. Man, you get hit with that flavor, no matter how big or small the palm is. You know what I'm saying. This is what's dope to King Pom. If y'all don't know, man, they're one of the leading brands when it comes to this real like organic smoke light. That's why I like them. I like to smoke clean and nothing smokes cleaning in a King Pom. So if you're in your hood, you're in your neighborhood, you're in your motherfucking city, your area, wherever you're at, go to your local liquor store. They're gonna have King Poms, all right, so pick them up there. You could also go to seven eleven or this is what I suggest you do right now, Come on, shot, said King Poms. Man. Go to the website kingpom dot com. If you go to Kingpom dot com, you use the promo code Bootleg. This is what we're doing, fifty percent off whatever you order. They got so much at kingpom dot com. Not only do they got the leafs, not only do they got the grinders, Not only do. They got the gas trays, they got them. All the cones fifty percent off, all the smoking accessories, all the leafs you need, all the flavors, fifty percent off Kingpom dot com promo code Bootleg. Also, speaking of shit, you're gonna get some money off of our family. Our dogs are listen. I'm going to Tampa to go DJ for these guys holiday party. Odd socks, Baby, the holidays are here. Now is the time to go to odd socksofficial dot com and use that promo code bootleg. All right, use it right now, and guess what You're gonna get twenty percent off of checkout now. They don't think about odd socks. They got all the crazy licenses. They just locked down Coca Cola recently. Yeah, look at those. They just locked down Hasbro so they got Power Rangers, transformers, all that. I mean. Look, they got cheeses, bruh, you know what I'm saying. They got Hershey's chocolate bro they got WWE, they got Breaking Bad, they got top Ramen, they got the draws, they got the socks, they got the slippers, they got the hat, they got the belt. Whatever you need. Odd Socksoficial dot com. Load up for the holidays, Gift odd socks to your loved ones whatever they're into. There's an odd socks for it odd socksofficial dot com. Use the promo code bootleg when you check out, save twenty percent off. Let's get back to the interview. So who's Who's some people you've written for?
Speaker 1: Rather than I speak on it, can we check the credits? Probably? Probably?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, as a writer, is there any advice you would give because I see a lot of more dialogue about how there are some like, you know, some of the pub deals in the past have been kind of predatory. I just saw Hip Hoy, you know, in the last year is kind of talked about his og pub deal. But would there be any advice you'd give in terms of the pub game, Like I.
Speaker 1: Would say, just ask for your points. I would say that that really be it. A lot of people publishing is so weird nowadays with what everything they try to give you, like the least percentage and you did most of the direction.
Speaker 2: And now they get they got like these minimum delivery requirements which are like I think it's like it might look like, oh yeah, I only got to do ten records right, but no, that's ten. That's that's a that's a thousand points right. So it's like if you if you do the most, like you said, you do the most work on the record, you might think, well, shit, I should get twenty five thirty. No, you might get ten, ye might get eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Get you gotta understand, like you got to get so many placements to hit ten compositions for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's it's a wicked game. I say, just make sure you have great lawyers for real.
Speaker 2: For sure. Obviously, Uh, you're kind of bikehosal at this point when you were growing up though, being in the East Coast, who were your main influences to like your style? Would you say.
Speaker 1: Definitely Jay Z, Jada, Kiss, Big L, Lawrence Hill, Yeah, man, uh, Lawrence Hill, Missy, Foxy Kim. I would say those were like the main people I really mild my career behind as far as musically.
Speaker 2: I love Big L.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: One of the greats.
Speaker 1: Honestly is I feel so relatable to him because I feel like my catalog because I this is my first project in the record place, and I'm like, wow, I feel like I could walk away now and be like, I feel like that was a really good That was a really.
Speaker 2: Good technically big olt. While he was alive, only put out one album, Lifestyles Are the Porn Dangerous. The Big Picture came out after he passed.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but even if you go back to like his freestyles, oh yeah, like he's competing at the highest.
Speaker 2: That freestyle where he watched listen shot to jay Z jay Z held.
Speaker 1: His own ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah, fucking SPADs the funk out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he went crazy so ahead of his time his parents, Oh my god, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Shots a big l was because there's all those rumors that like he was talking to jay Z or Dame about signing a Rockefeller before he passed, And I'm like, yo, if he would have signed a Rockefeller, you never like he'd be one of them once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean yeah.
Speaker 2: Like that short yeah shot to him? And did you ever listened to the Children of the Corn stuff?
Speaker 1: Not really? I heard of it, but I didn't really got into stoke.
Speaker 2: That Mason Caraman now do a show together?
Speaker 1: Yes, I love that.
Speaker 2: Did you say that Mace just got Cameron massage from Joe Smith's wife Live on the show.
Speaker 1: Is funny. He's a funny person and.
Speaker 2: Hilarious, hilarious. All right, so look, this album is out right now, everyone go check it out. Soul and uh, this is your first body of work. Are you already working on something new? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So technically this is just a product. This is actually not an.
Speaker 2: Album, So this is kind of like, okay, so this is just.
Speaker 1: The first Yeah, first body for the first project. They're not letting me call it a EP because it's like long, so I've been.
Speaker 2: A pretty long EP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a pretty long EP basically. But yeah, I'm working. I'm beginning to work on my first album now, and who knows how long that's gonna say, because the album for me is like very serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah you got. I mean, look, that debut album's got to be. It's gotta be up there. And you know that cloth that you listen to, you grew up listening, I know, I know. Is there any tour stuff coming?
Speaker 1: Hopefully top of spring, top of spring, Yeah, next year.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate you pulling up, Thank you for having me, Lady London boom fire. Yo, we're wrapping up an interview. Man, of course we want to shout out to our family at Hardean. Baby Hardean, Las Vegas celebrating their seventh birthday this month, So happy birthday to Hardean. I want to give a shout out to the whole family over there. When you're in Las Vegas, you got to pull up to Harden and tell them that the Bootleg cap podcast says you they're gonna take care of you. It is the craziest selection of premium cannabis in the country, all under one roof. You walk in and it's just a five beautiful bud tenders, amazing smoke. Just the illis merch. You know what I'm saying. Hey, it's right in Las Vegas, right in Sin City. So you land in Vegas, you're about to go gamble with your boys. You get into that cab, you say, take me to Hardean. They're gonna know exactly where to take you. A right shout out to Hardean. Go follow them Harden Underscore Las Vegas, or go to the website Hardeanlasvegas dot com.