Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Let's go.
Speaker 3: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Ready for a break?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so much for that.
Speaker 1: It's time for The Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com right with Mbar Garcia, Brian brought Us, Nick Harris, and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 5: It is Wednesday, November twenty seventh, twenty twenty four, Season twenty, episode number seventy six.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the latest edition of The Break.
Speaker 5: We're live from the SWBC Mortgage Studios at the Star, presented by LG. LG's the world's number one old TV brand for eleven years in counting See why at LG dot com, Ford slash O led Evil.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show. How's everybody doing today?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 6: Ready?
Speaker 7: Roll?
Speaker 2: I'm Mike. Put the get away from me?
Speaker 3: You got people texting you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's people that helps us, so.
Speaker 5: Oh well, yeah, keep texting over there. We may need that information in the show.
Speaker 2: We have as a matter of fifteen years.
Speaker 5: As a matter of fact, we're gonna talk injury. So my guess is maybe that's gonna be why I'm coming into here. We'll get into that here, and then in the second segment we'll maybe even the first second, we'll get into some some notes on this Giants defense and how it matches up with the Cowboys offense, and then we'll get to some just match up questions about this matchup between the Cowboys and Giants that happened tomorrow Thanksgiving Day at at and T Stadium, and.
Speaker 3: We better win, Okay.
Speaker 8: They they have better win tomorrow because I I don't want to go another week with depression.
Speaker 9: Eleven days that is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, because it's Monday night the next one.
Speaker 5: Are you at the point where where it sits in like depression when they because I'm at a point now where I'm.
Speaker 3: Kind of like, whatever happens happens. I'm thinking of this as I happen.
Speaker 8: Seven you're not posting on social like this affects social media.
Speaker 5: I see the numbers, and the numbers certainly they don't make me feel great when when we don't win. But I guess the point is, like I've gotten the point now. I was kind of like, I'm thinking of it. Every game is just an episode of a television show, and it is isolated to just that game, and I'm enjoying that game for what that game is, and when it's over, it kind.
Speaker 8: Of is over because you know, it's different with Thanksgiving. It's like, by the end of it, you're like, what the heck time I here? Like why did I even work here? Like the game, you go through it, you're not really spending it with your family. You feel like you're missing out when you see text or pictures and you're like, all this for what for us to lose? You know, It's just it's different when they win.
Speaker 2: Even in like ten years now, Come on, it's different.
Speaker 8: It's different.
Speaker 2: Like Tom Brady who was surprised he had to work a Begsgiving game, Like what that I have to call a game? You know that kind of thing. Come on again, you've been in League ten years.
Speaker 8: I thought we had the enditing You go on to Rent yesterday talking about how you want them to win and how different it is.
Speaker 2: No, I was That's what I'm talking about. My rent is Yeah, No, No, I mean my rant I thought was well time it was.
Speaker 8: Oh, mine is. Going back to your point, it's similar. Given I thought I thought.
Speaker 2: You were going to get emotionally involved. I thought you were not going to remember you were kind of talking about you could disconnect from it, talking about that like I'm not letting it bother me kind of a thing.
Speaker 8: It doesn't. But I mean, after I experienced what a win is again, it's been a while, so after experiencing that, I'm like, Okay, I like the feeling of this, so let's do it again.
Speaker 2: I understand. I mean, but like I said, I what I said yesterday is because it's to me, it's that's why we do this. Yeah, that's why we do this so you can win these games and get that feeling of this. But some people have just disconnected from this season though they really have.
Speaker 5: You know, well, I think that the good thing is if they can get this thing rolling, then I think at least for all of us that are that are paying attention, it'll be the fun of just winning an individual game. And I think that's how you have to look at it. It doesn't have to be a bigger picture to it right now. Right now, it is can you just get a win. I just want to see wins because wins are fun and it's fun to especially especially when you play in division rivals like yeah, when you play in the division.
Speaker 3: Get the win, man. I want to see wins. So let's see if we can do that.
Speaker 2: About the great thing about sports is that every time you think that you don't have a chance, something crazy does happen. You know, something happens. A team is ten games back in baseball and they kind of they it goes down to the last game, you know, and you could get disappointed or you could be extremely happy. But that's a great thing about sports that you just every time you think it's it's just you know, it's something happens, honestly. But if you lose the Giants, you can go back to that feeling of sports suck.
Speaker 5: I actually I root for what you call Brian, you know you talk about I know you do these all the time in your life, these feats of strength, like challenging yourself to do these things that are just kind of outside of what most normal people would consider they want to do.
Speaker 3: I root for that in sports, like I root for.
Speaker 5: Moments when you can see teams or individual players do exceptional things, so you know it. There is something to watching a team that's been bad get on a run and then be like, oh, oh they're making it interesting. Maybe they can do something that seems insurmountable, right, I just I like those kind of things.
Speaker 3: That's what sports is for me. It's fun to watch those kind of moments.
Speaker 2: You just hate everything.
Speaker 9: He just said, I hate all sports.
Speaker 7: I hate all of this. I don't know why I do it every day. It's Uh, there's a beauty in the journey, beauty in the struggle.
Speaker 2: If you will, it's been a struggle, no doubt about Wow.
Speaker 5: All right, let's stop pontificating on that. Let's get back to football and what the Cowboys are going to do tomorrow. Let's talk about the injury situation. Trayvon Diggs goes from limited two days ago to yesterday, yesterday not practicing.
Speaker 3: What are we hearing about him?
Speaker 9: Might be Josh Butler's time again. Tomorrow.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be close for Trayvon Diggs. We'll get the availability report later today. That'll be big for him. Kendricks and Neeland will get into those two later, but for Diggs, I think it's gonna be close. Yesterday was not a step in the right direction.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: Awesome Richards, Eric Kendricks, Marshaw, Neeland, Zach Martin, Jake Ferguson all did not practice. Tell me if any of those are expected to play.
Speaker 7: I think Neiland's going to be close. And Kendricks is also trending in the wrong direction. I think he needed to get on the field yesterday and he did not. So that middle linebacker spot. I've actually talked about this with a few people. That's one that's going to be decided late, just because Nick vigil is also on the injury report. They've used Darius Harris in the past at that spot whenever Kendricks couldn't go. I would expect an elevation for Harris regardless anyway. But I think it's going to get a little interesting there.
Speaker 2: If this thing was on Sunday, I think you'd have a better shot with Kendricks. But you know, I when when when you hear people kind of talk about it, Hey, we got forty eight hours and then now you've got, you know, twenty four hours, and you know it just it didn't sound particularly that one. Martin didn't sound good. Ferguson didn't sound good. The digs one. I think Nick's absolutely right on that one. That's it's if it's a Sunday game, maybe you have a chance, but that the one didn't sound particularly good.
Speaker 3: Is so Neeland really is only one.
Speaker 5: I've a list you guys say, has a chance really a decent chance.
Speaker 7: I'd say it's the best chance, the best chance, the best chance of those of those three guys of Neeland, Diggs and kendricks.
Speaker 9: But yeah, there are guys I do expect to play.
Speaker 7: I think Brandon Cooks is going to get activated today, so that'll be big. And then guys I don't expect to play. You mentioned Richard four game.
Speaker 2: Who do you looking at?
Speaker 7: Kaylin Carson? He popped up yesterday. That shoulder is really bothering, goes on. I think this is a situation where they potentially shut him down with that shoulder.
Speaker 9: That's That's what I'm keeping an eye on.
Speaker 7: I think Austin Richards is also a possibility, though, but they feel a little bit more confident they could get him back in less than four weeks.
Speaker 5: It was interesting I heard Eric kendricks on with you guys on one five three the Fan yesterday, and it was interesting how he was talking about, like, you know that that turnaround of a Thursday game.
Speaker 2: It hurts a lot.
Speaker 5: It's hurts, it's hurt in it for for vets, I think it's even more of a challenge, especially those that are battling those injuries that they kind of just are making work all season. When they got seven days to get ready again, having that quick turnaround, it's it's really really tough. There are a couple other limited guys that we need to check on. Cooper Rush and Tyler Smith and CD Lamb.
Speaker 3: Those are other limited guys.
Speaker 9: Yeah, looking good for all three of those.
Speaker 7: Ceedee Lamb he we were able to talk to him yesterday during the UH during media availability, and he said he's just banged up right now as he's been in his entire career.
Speaker 9: But he's going to keep pushing.
Speaker 7: He said, he's good to go to play on Thursday, but he's going through a lot NFL leader and receptions. I believe he's third in the NFL and receiving yards and given all everything that's happened over the course of this season, that's pretty impressive for him. There's a deeper conversation to Ceedee Lamb and how how much he's showing his value right now. But I expect him to play on Thursday. As far as Cooper Rush goes just battling a little bit of a knee soreness. He should be good to go. And then Tyler Smith, he's in the heading in the right direction. He got on the practice field yesterday.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 9: I think he'll play tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I was talking with the guys the Giants yesterday there, we should be ready for two quarterbacks here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna ask about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah they that. Uh with Divido, there's legitimate. I mean, he's telling the media and stuff he's going to play. But they've all they've they've they've worked Drew Locke with some first team reps. And I said, well, what do you think? And they said, you guys just go to be ready for two quarterbacks potentially because we don't know. But lock he goes, my guy goes. Locke is getting first team reps.
Speaker 9: I think Locke is has starter potential in the NFL.
Speaker 2: That's what scares me.
Speaker 5: You think it was a scatter report. Can you give me a quick scatter report on him and what you like about him? Would you say he's a gamer?
Speaker 7: He's just a gamer, Like he's not gonna blow you away stats wise, But kind of similar to how bon Nix has started his career. I think Drew Lock had a similar start in Denver and then it just I think teams figured him out pretty easily. But he's just a gamer. He figures out how to win ball games. I'm a big Drew Lock guy personally.
Speaker 2: Do you do you have you seen Garrett Nesmeyer play at l s U.
Speaker 9: Yes, that is fun. That is a fun competent.
Speaker 2: Garrett Nessmeier and Drew Lock are the same guy. Okay, it's like wheels off, but it could be wheels off in the way crazy. But then it also the wheels get back on the track. And now there's like throws you've never seen before, and there's an attitude about you. There's an arrogance about you. There's a you know, it's almost like what Romo had to that ability to like just manufacture things. The feed are bad. It's throwing sidearm. You know, he's shoveling the ball. That's what Drew Lock. Now, he'll throw you interception too now because of the way he plays. But the Giants offensively, with the way they run the ball, and if they're going to load it up with neighbors, Drew Locke gives them a chance to win a game. I don't know if Tommy DeVito gives you a chance to really really win a game. But Drew Locke playing, I think that would be a bad situation for Dallas.
Speaker 8: So why did that make the decision?
Speaker 2: Money? They didn't want to pay the guy. He's got bonuses if he plays, he gets a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars bonus for every time he plays forty fifty percent. So they were thinking that. But they're also in a situation where their locker room ain't very happy right now, you know.
Speaker 3: And might get them that kind of win on that day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they and the Giants need to win. I mean they need to win in the worst way, much like Ambar needed to win last week. Yeah, you know, they need to win. And so that's I'm surprised that they let their pocketbook get in the way of of there of a chance to win a football game. But I think if Drew Locke plays tomorrow, man, just hang onto your rear here we go.
Speaker 5: Do you think you could also be a little bit of that organic tanking where you're like, okay, let's put the guy out there. Yeah, it works for us to put de Vito out there because it's the worst case, worst case scenario, we lose and we get a better draft pick. Is there.
Speaker 3: Do you think maybe there's some of that that happens.
Speaker 9: Probably, I think so.
Speaker 7: I think everybody's looking around in that building and seeing that everything's about to get blown up.
Speaker 9: It could happen as soon as Friday.
Speaker 3: You mean the coach.
Speaker 7: Yes, I think it could happen as soon as if they've dropped a two to ten with a ten day break, Eh, is it?
Speaker 2: Joe? I would say his name wrong, Joe Shane Jane. I think always I don't know him. So if I don't know you that, well, yeah, I don't know your name, but Joe. But Josie, he's a you know, he's a young guy. Yeah, evidently a talented guy. But he was out scouting. He was in Colorado this week looking at their players. Yeah, so you kind of wonder, is he's sticking around or are they really going to blow this thing up? With the coach and the.
Speaker 9: Gentleman Sammy as well for cam Warden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's making the rounds at these wider it's gonna be the quarterback.
Speaker 3: Isn't this his first year's gim or his second?
Speaker 2: I think he's been there a little bit longer than that. Yeah, sure, yeah, I think he's like a I think he's a three four year guy. Okay, actually yeah, because I think he came with day Ball and then David. Their very first year they went to the playoffs. Yeah, and so they kind of bought themselves some grace there and then it's been a little bit downhill ever since.
Speaker 5: Well, I think the part that everybody keeps looking at is when you look at hard Knocks and you hear the owners say, oh, I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to see our running John Merrin new I don't.
Speaker 5: Want to see our running back lighting it up somewhere else, and then to have to watch what he's doing right now in Philly.
Speaker 3: Like that, that's certainly tell you what read a lot of confidence.
Speaker 2: If if I was running a two and nine franchise, you wouldn't see me back in the building. I would be looking at every you know, if I still had a gig, like, hey where are you today? Uh? Seattle, Washington? Where are you gonna be tomorrow?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: Los Angeles, California? You know, I would literally I would not be catch you. They can't buy you. I would not want I would not want to walk. I would not want to walk into the dining hall and all sudden, John Merrior is getting a cup of old Gray tea, you know, Earl Gray tea or whatever you want to call it, and he's like you kind of give you a nod, like, yeah, you've.
Speaker 3: Been meaning to catch up with you want to come by the office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want that. You don't want that. You end up like your match, You end up like me with parcels in the locker room. You don't want to do that. That's a bad idea, bad idea. All right, Captain Morgan p Yeah, all right, let's.
Speaker 3: Go ahead and get you gets our first break.
Speaker 5: When we come back, we're going to dive into this New York Giant defense. Awful some interesting things on that defense. It reminds me a lot of what we were looking at last week when we were talking about the Washington Commanders. But we'll talk about that when we come back. Stalls Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 11: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheatah Savannah Todd. I believe the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast reliable, Secure.
Speaker 12: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 13: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 14: Don't put off getting your oil change Dallas take five oil change. A proud partner of the Cowboys is faster than you think they're so fast you don't even have to get out of your car. You can take advantage of Take fives. Stay in your car ten minute oil change at any of their locations across the Dallas area. And remember at take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. That means you won't even have time to show off your best touchdown celebration. Take five the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 15: From the field to the festivities. Lu Casey embodies the essence of luxury and tradition. Handcrafted with meticulous precision, each pair offers unmatched comfort and style. Stand tall while you're tailgating or cheering in the stands with the Dallas Cowboys Collection by Lucasey. Shop the collection today at the Lucasey store at the Starn Frisco, or online at Lucasey dot com. Lucasey the official boot of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
Speaker 16: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 3: But with that Texas heat.
Speaker 16: It's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back to the break.
Speaker 8: That's wrong, Lgo led Evo is the best TV in the game, but don't take our word for it. Digital trends say the LGOLG four has the best picture quality they've ever seen. C for yourself at LG dot com, slash O Ledevo.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to second segment of the Break Life from that WBC Mortgage Studios at the start of the segment brought to you about blockchain dot com.
Speaker 3: All right, real quick, we got some updated news. Nick on one, Tommy, you don't want to hear. Yeah, so that went right over the heads of post I got you. I know, exactly appreciate you.
Speaker 7: Having it back there, Tommy. DeVito is not flying with the team today to Dallas. However, he will join them later on. He is officially listening questionable. Exactly he is exactly, he's officially listened as questionable for tomorrow's game with that forearm injury.
Speaker 3: I think he goes stay with his family.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's a big family he's got up there in New Jersey.
Speaker 9: We know he's got a big one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That saw him in the when we were doing the pregame show. We're out on the Miller Life applause out there and there were a bunch of people last year with Devido jerseys, Giants jerseys on and then one had a like a looking like a high school jersey on. That's awesome, So Eric, you follow, My broadcast partner goes, I wonder if that's the Vido's family. It goes over the speaker and they all turned around and.
Speaker 7: Like it all ticket situation where they all like turned on them and no, no, no, they just just that was many.
Speaker 2: If you're into Jersey, never reach into your jacket. Never reach into your jacket.
Speaker 3: Tell the story or not like people are lost, Tell the story real.
Speaker 2: Quick, real quick, click.
Speaker 9: A phenomenal story.
Speaker 8: Story time. When Brian brought us.
Speaker 2: Go Ahead sponsored by Yetti So real quick, The outring and bar. You're right, you've brought me long enough, we've won awards together. You're right. So anyway, uh, Parcel sends me. He like he comes by where Valley Ranch. He sends me. He says, hey, when you're going back up to see the Giants. I said, I'm going a couple of weeks. Guys, got I got something for you to stop by my office. So I stopped by his office. He give me some tickets. He still has his New York Giants football tickets. He still got a season tickets up there. So I'm going to carry some tickets up to Manny. I got to meet a guy named Manny. I'm in before. He's New Jersey, just outside the stadium there. I pull around there, you know, and I'm like, man, I can't find this place. There's a restaurant and then there's like a men's clothing store on the ground floor of the of the restaurant below it. And so I pull around. I'm like, man, I don't know this right place. Knock on the door, door opens, I'm like, hey, uh, looking for Manny, and they're like, okay, hang on. So I'm waiting. So it's like, you know, I walk into this place, but it's like a men's clothing store. Manny shows up, He's got the T shirt on, suspenders, pinstripe pants, you know, and I'm like, everybody's kind of dressed, you know, kind of in a in a fashionable way for that kind of group you want to call them what it was. So they're all dressed up, very careful, very careful, and Manny's like, hey, yeah, what are you. Who are you? I'm Brian brought us and I reached into my jacket. I literally reached into my jacket and every one of their guys drew on me, guns on me, and I'm like, Parson all sent me. I got tickets. There were and I mean literally they all drew. When I went into my jacket to get the tickets out of my pocket, guns were pulled and and then and like man, it's like, oh, Parcels sent you. That's okay, that's good, you know. And then they all put there and I had dinner with those guys that night. They all took me upstairs. The Pinna vodka sauce was tremendous. They're telling stories and it was it was like being an episode of Sopranos of.
Speaker 3: The stories of stories you can't repeat.
Speaker 2: I can't repeat a couple of it because they would go, hey, hey, tell tell the kid, tell the kid about the time on the Parkway.
Speaker 9: And I would walk through that door right there and I would I.
Speaker 2: Was like, yeah, what happened about the apartment? But they had these stories. But literally I reached into my jacket to grab those tickets and they all drew and I I just went no, Parcels sent me, I've got tickets. I've got tickets, and he's like, oh, okay, yeah, okay. Everybody's standing around.
Speaker 8: Just it was just like Adam, a little bit of pea come out.
Speaker 2: No. I I kind of was able to survey the room and think Parcells just sent me into a uh you know, like going to the botty being or where if you watch then yeah, he sent me into. Instead of going into there, I was going into a men's clothing store that they obviously use as their business.
Speaker 7: My funniest conspiracy is as this was a Parcels scheme to get rid of you.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious.
Speaker 9: You walk back at the office, He's.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, you made it back.
Speaker 2: I went back. I went back and he goes everything Okay, everything okay, And I guess maybe parcel maybe they maybe Mandy told Parcels what happened. He goes everything Okay. I'm like, I don't ever do that again. Don't ever do that. Guess what what what? They're just guys football? Yeah, like, I don't ever do that again. Your friends. Don't don't do that to me anymore. Parcels had a lot of people up there. I used to have to make like when I go up there and Scout, I would have dropped things off and went to an ice cream store one time.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's a Jersey guy? Is he was? He born and raised there?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I where was Parcels born? But he's just I mean.
Speaker 3: His obviously he's spent a lot of years up there, But is.
Speaker 2: He Is he a Jersey guy?
Speaker 9: Because I've worn in Nglewood, New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go, but he Yeah, those those are his guys. I mean, everywhere you went. If you said you knew, now I had a guy real quick sponsored by Yetti, Sponsored by Yetti.
Speaker 3: The great part is we're talking about the giants anyway.
Speaker 2: There's there's that when you drive in you know that Sheraton is it's still there. That Sheraton hotel that's right by the stadium. There's that huge Sheraton. When you go when you go to the Anymore, look for the Sheridan right across the street. So anyway, the guy who ran the Sheridan across the street, it's a cowboys fan. But he like, I would bring him gear, like I'd bring him shirts and hats and stuff. But he said, listen, man, he goes, please put it in a box, wrap it up. Don't don't don't just hand it to me when you know, I mean, because I'll get in trouble here. I'll get in trouble these people and they don't they don't understand this. This you know, I'm like, okay, cool. So when I would go to the Sheridan, I'd check in. Man, I had the best I mean, I was concierge floor, everything about it was great. But I'm a little box. I'd carry him arm, you know. I was like, I was like a New Jersey delivery guy. I was going to Boies, going to like all these other little places delivering stuff for parcels. But but my guy, my guy up there at New Jersey who ran the shirt, it was a it was a Cowboys fan, but he couldn't let anybody know that he was a Cowboys fan. But he took Manny took great care of me up there.
Speaker 5: I kind of want to go visit Manny, just.
Speaker 2: Just I don't. I don't know if Manny's still with us. Oh wow, I mean, I don't know that he was an older gentleman. He was an older gentleman. Nothing nothing weird, nothing weird, But we don't know. Something weird could have happened the way man Many was in the line of business where making clothes, clothes can get dangerous. He was taking.
Speaker 9: Clothes waste management on the side.
Speaker 2: He was running he was running the tailor shop. Wow, but but those guys, I swear, I just.
Speaker 9: All right, that's great.
Speaker 3: Back to the giants. That was that was a great story, Brian, Back to the giants.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the parcels. I swear. Let's talk about I never thought he was trying to off me up there or something like that.
Speaker 3: You know, I didn't either, But that's actually a good point. Like he's like, we'll see how this pans out.
Speaker 2: Maybe I won't have to make them.
Speaker 3: I'm like's tickets, all right, let's talk about this giant.
Speaker 2: Like the god thought it. Take the canoe. Take the canoe, leave the gun, take the tickets, leave the gun.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, let's get to sea.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: Reminds me of last week the Washington defense from the standpoint of they are at exact opposites when it comes to their two units. Uh as far as their past defense or seventh in the league, their first in sack percentage in ten point six percent of the title of dropbacks they get a sack. They're third in yards yards after the catch that they allow in the league. So let's talk first about the passing defense. Who are the rushers that the that the Cowboys need to be most concerned about? And where do you think they'll be matching up Which offensive lineman you think they'll be matching up against?
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm looking at Lawrence and Burns.
Speaker 7: Granted, this pass rush has kind of started to tail off a little bit. They were leading the league in sacks up until about three weeks ago. Now, yeah, and it's it's it's been rough, but Dex the injuries that affected that U not to my knowledge, not to this has actually been a mostly healthy unit.
Speaker 2: Really healthy signe.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and they're young too. In the secondary.
Speaker 7: We'll talk about that, but I think pass rush perspective, I look at Lawrence and Burns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think the one you really really have to worry about is Burns. Thibodeaux is capable. I think they thought that Thibodeau was going to be this, you know, maybe the second coming of a DeMarcus Ware or somebody like that. Maybe not a Lorren's table. I mean, the Giants have have a history of great offensive linemen, and then they've also had a history of great rushers edge rushers, and Thibodeau was supposed to be that guy. Brian Burns is does a great job with his pressures. Dexter Wawars. Let me tell you this about Dexter Lawrence. Dexter Lawrence gets doubled a lot. The Cowboys doubled him. And I checked this because I went back and watched the game. There were twenty five drop back attempts in that game against in Week four, they doubled him twenty of the times.
Speaker 3: Ooh, so they see him as the problem.
Speaker 2: They see him as the problem. So I would anticipate, once again, that's the second most that anybody's been doubled this year by the way he gets he faces, Like you look at the metrics on him with double numbers, it's like sixty four percent. Nobody wants this guy to beat them, and he could do it. He's got nine damn sacks, you know. I mean, he's gonna pressure you. He's a big man. He's gonna push you, he's gonna throw you, he's gonna you know, he causes problems. He didn't come off the field and Nickel, they just rush him. So that's where you have. I think you have to worry about him inside number ninety seven, and then you have to worry about the number zero Burns, Brian Burns, and and maybe we'll see with Thibodeau the situation. They've done a pretty good job when they faced him in the in the in the times that they've been able to do that.
Speaker 9: You mentioned injuries as he's uh Jalari he's now gone. Yeah, So I mean.
Speaker 7: That's that's a guy that's hopped on the IR that was helping their past rush.
Speaker 2: He was, he was, he was, he was playing up until this week. Yeah, and then they put him on. They put him on the IR. But overall though they've played a lot of snaps. This defense has together.
Speaker 3: When you look at the secondary, where's the weak link.
Speaker 7: It's young, but the young guys have played really well. I love Andrew Phillips, a rookie out of Kentucky, ended up going a lot later in the draft than I expected, but he's playing for them and doing.
Speaker 9: Some great stuff.
Speaker 7: Also, Tyler Nuban is a rookie out of Minnesota, so they talked about him quite a bit as far as a run defender, and I think he does really well stepping up in the run and doing some things there. But I'm not confident in Deontay Banks. It's their second year, first round pick out of Maryland. He just hasn't figured it out. I think it's fortunate for the Cowboys because you looked at two corners going the first round in twenty twenty three in the division. You had Deontay Banks go to New York. You had Emmanuel Forbes go to Washington, and neither of those guys have really panned out. And both of those guys are starting to see snaps taken away. Banks is questionable tomorrow as well, so that's something to keep an eye on. But I think whoever is whoever's lined up against Banks, if he does play, that's probably where you're able to find some consistency.
Speaker 9: I will say this is a good game for Brandon Cooks to come back.
Speaker 7: You need multiple action on both sides of both sides of the formation. And I think if they can do this crosser action with Lamb and Cooks like they did so many times last year, I think they'll find successful both of those guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think the reason that maybe the Banks is struggling so bad is they'll travel him. He's a traveling guy, you know, and and what happens when you're a traveling guy, they you're traveling with their with the opponent's best guy. And unfortunately for the Giants, he's traveling with the opponent's best guy and they're still throwing the ball his direction. He gets targeted a lot. There's a lot of receptions this This secondary has one interception, has one and it's a linebacker. The linebacker Darius Moss Moussau has the only interception that this this crew has the pressure. Like I said, the last three weeks, they have not got as far as sacks, they have not got any of that. But I think Banks I think Banks gets picked on because they travel him and their teams are like, nah, you're you're still not good enough to go. Now, if you just look at the numbers two for for Phillips the nickel, there teams are throwing. The team's got an eighty percent completion percentage against him throwing the ball. So you know, he's he's, he's they're they're they're not going on after him like there are Banks. I've always thought that Cordell flop was he's number twenty eight. I've always felt like every time that he's lined up because he's a tall, thin he's a kid played at LSU, and he's just like a tall thin guy that kind of gets overpowered and gets run by and gets you know, turned around a little bit this second if they don't get the pass rush home. But I'll tell you one thing, Nick, I don't know if you saw this team can't play run defense.
Speaker 9: Yea, that's really nos dived. Yeah I'll talk about a but you go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see to me, this is where teams are averaging over five yards of carry again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, again, they.
Speaker 2: Do not they do not defend the run all that well. And you know a lot of It probably has to do with the guys wanting to get up field with Burns and then also then with Thibodeau and those guys wanting to get a field. You talk about the defensive tackling Lawrence Hell, he's a much better pass rusher. He's a great player, don't get me wrong, but man, you notice some more rush in the passer than you do play in the run. So this team has struggled Dallas. I could see Dallas kind of loading up and saying, Okay, we're gonna try and run the ball much like you know, give me that, give me that eighty to one hundred yards again, Let's let's give let's give You know, it's a short week. I know that, you know your runner might be a little you know, he hadn't had the full rest period. But man, I find a way to try and kind of run the ball on these guys until they stop it. Till they you know, they teams have teams have been successful doing it, and I don't think there's any reason to stop in this game.
Speaker 3: Yep, all, let's take our final break. We'll come back.
Speaker 5: Got a few more questions on this matchup, Cowboys versus Giants, will be back Dallas Cowboys dot com radio.
Speaker 6: If you can't be at the stadium, there's no better way to watch your Cowboys then on an.
Speaker 3: Lg ol led Evil TV.
Speaker 6: That's because everything you see is more lifelike, every play, every hit. I mean, you might just will be on the sidelines, that's how clear it is. It's all thanks to LG's legendary technology, perfect black over eight point three million.
Speaker 3: Self lit pixels.
Speaker 9: No one comes close.
Speaker 6: LGO led Evo is the best TV in the game for a reason. See for yourself at LG dot com slash o Leedevo.
Speaker 10: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten.
Speaker 2: United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of.
Speaker 10: John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 9: If you shout how about them? Cowboys.
Speaker 7: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation, And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be.
Speaker 9: Beat better yet.
Speaker 7: Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 9: The wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 6: And we're going to overtid Erica how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 4: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Erica by your Side, Bank of America, Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica respondses me very digital tool featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored Quality Assurance Message Data RAIS. Additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 11: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop it running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G Fast reliable, Secure five G.
Speaker 12: Requires Canaba plan and device five G may not be available in your areas. See add dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 2: Back to the Break.
Speaker 8: AT and T connecting changes everything.
Speaker 3: Welcome back.
Speaker 5: It is the final segment of The Break Live from s WBC Mortgage Studios at the Star. Let's wrap this thing up, Cowboys versus Giants?
Speaker 3: Give me what do you think will be the.
Speaker 5: Starting offensive line for the Cowboys this week? With the injuries that they've suffered and the things that you kind of know what you're hearing, who do you think will be the starting five.
Speaker 7: I think it'll be left tackle Tyler Guidon, left guard Tyler Smith. I think he'll be ready to go. Center Cooper bebe right guard. I think it's gonna be TJ. Bass, and then right tackle Terrence Steele. The only one I'm not one humbers confident about is brock Hoffman could start at right guard. They've they've rotated those two guys in and out whenever, you know, one of them has had to come in. But Bass has more so been the first guy called upon, So I would I would lean towards Bass, but also factor.
Speaker 2: In off any any chance guys that you feel like that they might get a doga involved as a rotational player, just to kind of make sure that Geyiton doesn't play sixty five snaps either. I know that sounds crazy to say, but that it gives him kind of a little bit of a breath, that kind of catch his breath a little bit, you know, you know, a series or two.
Speaker 7: Even if that is not the plan, if these pre snap penalties continue to happen with Gid Yoga will finish the game. Yeah, it doesn't matter when it happens. If he has two this is just my mental clock. If he has two pre snap penalties, I'm looking at Idydoga to come in and.
Speaker 8: So okay, I know I was getting frustrated and like like, nah, there's Guynan again here.
Speaker 2: But what is your.
Speaker 8: Real assessment on his actual like play outside of those penalties.
Speaker 9: I thought he played well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the problem if he doesn't get the palties. And by the way, that holding call was b Yeah, it was a complete bs because the commanders Luke has had one very similar I think on the zach Ertz touchdown where I don't know who was going down to the ground, but he just kind of rode the same thing his hands, you know, rode into the ground and they didn't call that. I'm like, this is you're just you're targeting this kid. You know you're targeting this kid because they targeted because McCarthy said this about They tell him before the game that he's you're too deep. You're too deep, You're too deep. You need to get up on them, you know, and get up on the line. So I don't know, I mean, I can say other than the penalties, I think the kid was fine. Yeah, I really do.
Speaker 7: There are meetings between head coach and officials before games, and officials will kind of point out things that you know they're they're looking at, they're looking for because you know, they have bosses that that they they have to report to as well, and certain things are getting emphasized week after week.
Speaker 9: It changes week by week.
Speaker 7: But it's Tyler Guiden has been a frequent mention in those conversations throughout the pregame, throughout the throughout the season.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about Brandon. You mentioned Brandon Cooks and thinking that he could be have an impact this week. How much do you think that impact is limited by the fact that he hasn't really had a lot of time with Cooper Rush, And as we know when we're talking about wide receivers and quarterbacks, sometimes that chemistry can have as much of an impact as just a talented player.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think he's already going to be on a rep count to begin with, just just coming back and working himself back in. But as far as you know him getting back acclimated with Rush, that's gonna take some time. It's it's not an easy thing, and unfortunately they have eleven days after this game to to work through it.
Speaker 9: And also they have been.
Speaker 7: Practicing for the last two weeks together, so it's not like they're walking in fresh faced, but it'll take some time.
Speaker 2: Which receiver sits man is Florinoy? Is he Florinoy been?
Speaker 9: You would you would hope Mingo, But I don't think it's going to be Mingo.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think I don't think it's gonna be mean.
Speaker 2: I think I think they like Mingo. At the point of attack, yeah, yeah, like the blocker. Yeah, he's like a tackle wearing eighty one out there with the way he blocks. Yeah, you know he and you know by the way he that pass he'd caught along the sidelines, I mean he went low for extended, made the play and then Cooper Rush like short hopped one to him when he had.
Speaker 5: Has he had a good throw since he's been here, Like, I don't know that he's had a good throatick to him.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's had a good throw since he's been an old miss Yeah right, yeah, I mean he he literally it looks like a soccer goalie out there, Yeah, dive in trying to catch the ball and stuff like that. So I I could see floor Noy.
Speaker 7: I could also see injuries at other positions, just allowing both of them to play, because if Carson moves off the active roster and they don't elevate anybody in his place, and I don't know that would be risky, but it's it's certainly a thought.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, talk to me about the tight ends. I want to talk a little bit about their their development. Let's let's start first with Schoonmaker. As you've seen him play without Ferguson in there, have you changed your opinion at all or what I was? I'll change that question. How well do you think he has developed at this point? Being a guy that was a second round pick that you expect something of, you'd expect to start seeing by this point in his career a little bit of acceleration in his development. What have you seen from him and where do you feel like he is at this point is developing.
Speaker 7: We mentioned a day or two ago about his receiving ability, just needing to dive into that a little bit bit more lean into it. Lean into his receiving next, because I feel like he has it. I go back to I was watching the Michigan TCU semi final game a couple of weeks ago, just because I'm a sicko and he was.
Speaker 9: He was catching passes, yeah, and like running routes.
Speaker 7: It was like, man, I have not seen this since he's been in Dallas, And you know, I'm starting to think back after the Washington game, like, Okay, they use him in the receiving game because they had to. What about if they just planned to, you know, if maybe he's not the point of attack blocker that they drafted. Yeah, and that's okay, you know, that's okay if he's not. If that second round pick they had the idea of him being able to contribute a little bit in the receiving game, but really just being able to help the run game and get after guys at the line of scres. Maybe he's not that, but I think he can still be a receiving guy at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think where you look at some of these guys, these young guys have got to play so much more, and like, I don't think he's at the level of where Golston. You know, when Golston, I mean, Golson's a veteran guy, but Golston's played so much you kind of have a different opinion of him. Scoonmaker has played enough now that where you're like, Okay, he's not a liability out there. You know, we talked about I think the blocking. I'm hopeful because I saw him block at Michigan and I'm like, this guy could block. He just he doesn't do it all the time here and then bad body position gets called for a hold. You know, we saw what happened on the field goal thing. You know, I mean there are things that kind of haunt him, but I think overall for him, the amount of reps he's got. He I said again, not a liability as a player. Actually, when they throw him the football, he just looks like he's fighting it. Like there were times where he was running seam routes. Remember the Dak throws the ball right in his top of his hand. He's, you know, got to go high point of ball and it goes bounding off his hands. Maybe today Schoonmaker catches that ball maybe a little bit more confidence. But I always talking about Golston and his playing has gotten better because he's played more. I think Schoonmaker's in that same same kind of area.
Speaker 8: Where he's slowly getting better, and I mean you would like for him to be a lot more ahead but I think with him starting off his career in the NFL and like the injuries that have prevented him time away from playing and all of that. But man, this is this is weird. But when I look at him, I just I feel like I need to stretch, Like you know when someone just looks tense and you just he needs like a deep stretch, flexibility of it.
Speaker 7: And like that's how I feel about guiding. That's how I feel about that. He just he just needs a yoga class, just all.
Speaker 9: Right, Yeah, bring it.
Speaker 8: Relaxed, like good stretching massage. They're painful, but then afterwards you feel like you can do any He needs one of us.
Speaker 7: With Schoonmaker, he's lost trust in the offense and that's apparent by his snap count up until Jake Ferguson got hurt. Yeah, you look at these holding penalties. He's had three in the last four games. Only one of them have been accepted. But it's it's still it's it's it's there, and it's it's not helping this offense. At the end of the day, he's got to be able to pull that back because if he can't be trusted on those rundowns, then he's not gonna.
Speaker 9: Be trusted overall. Next training camp is going to be a very big training The problems.
Speaker 2: The problem with Schoonmaker is that was a pretty good tight end draft and they are all these like second third round kind of tight ends that seemed to be playing in a every week. You watch the highlights, you watch a game and there's somebody making a making a play. That's a tight end. That's like, God, they took Schoonmaker before that guy, you know, And and he came out of a really good tight end class. And if you look at like Sam Laporta in that whole you know he he was everybody seems like that they're on track of being Pro Bowl players, and you're guys fighting just to make sure he's active every week.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: That's that's kind of a problem.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get some picks. What do you guys think is gonna happen tomorrow? Cowboys versus Giants?
Speaker 7: Say this, desperation is a funny thing, and the Giants are desperate right now, But I'm gonna take the Cowboys in a close one.
Speaker 9: Aspiration is a funny thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I buy the desperation theory. I really really do. And I really worry about if Drew Locke plays in this game tomorrow. I did with with Cutlets. I think, you know, they have a better chance of winning the game. But I'm gonna pick Dallas. I'm gonna pick Dllas And this one is funny. Twenty six to sixteen, Okay, I.
Speaker 8: Mean, who's not to say the Cowboys are desperate too, you know, like at home. They haven't won a single game at home, so that's a lot of desperation there. In a big game like Thanksgiving, I have the Cowboys. I think usually when they match up against the Giants, they tend to play better, Like, they tend to play a good game. It's always big for the tight ends. They seem to just be successful. And I think it'll be a good matchup, hopefully something back and forth making fun. But I picked the Cowboys, uh twenty four seventeen, right, I.
Speaker 3: Think it's gonna be a I think.
Speaker 2: Picked the Giants.
Speaker 3: Actually think it's gonna be a barnburner. I think it's gonna be a crazy game. I think it's good.
Speaker 5: It's gonna start off slow. I think it's gonna be very similar last week. Start off slow, and then it's gonna get going and we're gonna have some fireworks. We would have some fun. I think the Cowboys win because I think that the Cowboys a better team. And right now, the way I look at it is, I think this Cowboys defensive unit is the reason why they got a shot it in the games that they'll play for the rest of the season. If the defense shows up, they're gonna win this game.
Speaker 3: And and so I think at the end of the day, it's a it's a slow starter, but by the second half.
Speaker 5: I think it gets going. I think it's a fun game. At the end of the day, I think Cowboys win twenty seven to.
Speaker 8: Who's gonna be holding the turkey leg During their interview post Jordan Lewis Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 2: Cooper Rush.
Speaker 3: Cooper Rush will be holding him and Turpin the two of them will be.
Speaker 2: Holding lambs Thereke scoon maker.
Speaker 3: All right, story, that's a wrap.
Speaker 7: Let me take something really quick, guy, Thanksgiving. It's it's my favorite holiday of the year. I just want to thank everybody that's been listening this year. I know it's been a tough season, but all the guys, all the people that have been tweeting at us, and continuing to support us every week.
Speaker 9: We appreciate that. I just want to say thank you for that. You had that sweet sight. I try, I try, you know, I try.
Speaker 2: I'd like to just m f everybody that, especially the post game shows.
Speaker 3: You haven't heard Brian on the postgame show.
Speaker 2: Go check, Just Go Go Go?
Speaker 3: Is it on sy if you google that? Can they get to that one last week?
Speaker 9: It's got to be out there.
Speaker 2: We'll check enough if you're out there, Hilarry.
Speaker 9: Shout out to Jeremy and San Antonio.
Speaker 8: Guy.
Speaker 5: We'll be back on Monday. We'll let you know what went right and wrong for the Cowboys. Y'all have a happy Thanksgiving till then. For Nick Carris, Brian brought us Ambergarcia. I'm Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 3: This has been The Break live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.