Speaker 1: Hey there, folks, send this episode of Amy and TJ. You know, we love our reality dating shows, but at some point Love Island, merit It First Sight gets a little old. So we were looking for something new and we have found our new obsession. Farmer wants a wife. It's so and with that, welcome to this episode. We got the Farmers in the room right now. But Robes, we are for real here. We have been very disappointed lately with some merit at First Sight and the other season of Love is Blind because they start to manipulate the process and it's not authentic. So we were looking for some authenticity somewhere and maybe we found it out.
Speaker 2: We found it because you are correct.
Speaker 3: We have You have said I don't think I can watch some of these shows anymore, because what happens is they become such a storied franchise that people who then become casts, I guess cast members of the next season you're famous, try and manipulate and say, oh, I don't want to look bad here and I want to make this look like that. And they're not actually just dating or there for the experience. They're there for their Instagram followings or to you know, and that's always going to be a part of a reality show.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: But if you're actually watching people who are truly looking for love, you can tell, right.
Speaker 2: I feel like at this point we can tell.
Speaker 1: I feel like we've been manipulated through a couple of seasons to some of these shows. But we have just started Farmer Once a White. Now we've only gone through two episodes. It's just starting up. It's third season.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 1: Yep, I was blown away at how much I immediately got into the show. You me and Sabine sitting down as soon as we saw the guy's faces, we just say, hey, who's your favorite?
Speaker 2: And we picked and we had our favorites.
Speaker 3: You want to tell them, no, of course, not no, but we just it was fun because you're rooting for different farmers, and then you're rooting for different girls who are competing for the farmer's hearts.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the fellas. Now we got farmers Jo, Farmer Jay, farmer Colton, and who am I missing? Farmer Matt. Now Colton's not in the room because Colton just couldn't make you here today, but love you brother, We will talk to you later. But the fellas are in the room. Now, tell me, first of all, how has your life changed since this first episode of Farmer Wants a Wife Night and day?
Speaker 5: Well, I guess on the social media front night and day, but back home, nothing's changed. Everybody's still the same, real close and I love being outside and everything.
Speaker 6: But yeah, while we were filming.
Speaker 5: Talk about a night and day difference that was like Hollywood at our doorstep.
Speaker 1: Wow, not something you're used to, not at all, Matt Jay, How how's life been different for you?
Speaker 7: Guys? It was funny because this show, I always tell everyone is different because it's in our homes. Like the girls moved into our houses. It's filmed on our ranches nearest to our families, and a lot of stuff orre'sus. All these other shows are like at these you know, third party locations. So you're literally just like hanging out at home one day and all these like big box trucks show up and camera equipment and crews and all stuff, and you're like, what's overwhelming because we're just like regular guys. You know, it's all of a sudden this all shows up, and like the girls show up and it's like you know, mayhem for like five weeks or whatever it was, and then they pack up one day and then gone, wow, there yourself again. Such an experience.
Speaker 2: Farmer Jay, What was it like for you?
Speaker 8: Yeah, kind of like they said, you go from, especially being from a small town like Florence, Alabama. You got all these box trucks and camera crew following you all around Florence, and everybody like, what's going on now? I got all these cousins popping up texting my phone like oh congratulations, come yeah. So but you know, it's a great experience for sure, and you usually soak it all lean, so.
Speaker 1: You don't seem to be soaking it in. We were joking a little bit at the top, and I'm serious. I think before we ever heard any of one of you will speak, and we do this at our house. We watched these, uh these dating shows and I said, boom, that's my guy, farmer John me and my daughter, that's my before you said a word, before anything happened, I said, that's what. You just had an energy of vibe, a swagger. Yeah right, And it was a it was a confidence. It was a quiet confidence in the swagger. But I will tell you by the end of the episode, oh boy, So I'm done with that, dude. We'll explain why in a second.
Speaker 2: But why because if he was your guy, she was.
Speaker 4: Not your girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, no no, I was judging you on your choices.
Speaker 6: I'm sure you want to really tune in for episode two though she did.
Speaker 1: Though we did did.
Speaker 2: We've seen episode two as well. We can't wait for three.
Speaker 3: We are because your your amazing publicists sent us episode ahead of everyone else, so we actually the one that's going to be airing this week, for the for the country, for the world, we've actually already seen.
Speaker 2: So yes, yeah, we have not so really, it seems we just lived it.
Speaker 1: So let me tell you what you did, fellows.
Speaker 7: I forgot it so.
Speaker 3: And that is interesting. What's it like to watch you? I guess you've only seen the first one.
Speaker 7: Back now, yeah, only the first one. It's you know, weird seeing yourself on camera for the first time, listening to your own voice. I don't really like it that much personally, I'm like, that kind of makes me cringe. But the other part of it is we would film like long days, like ten twelve hour days for over a month. It felt like an eternity, and then you know they have to cut it in do whatever to get the important parts, but so you don't really know what it's going to end up like for us at all. We're watching it like we really know what it's going to look like at all. So it's pretty interesting.
Speaker 3: Farmer Jay, we had a field day watching. I think was it the first at least.
Speaker 2: The way they edited it.
Speaker 3: It was the first girl who came up to you, and she was a model with the pitch she Julia, thank you.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, I still to forget right there.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: We're kind of flown away that she seemed so taken aback by what life was like on a farm when she got on a show called Farmer Wants a Wife and she and did you a signed autographed yes, very very sexy yourself. What did you really think?
Speaker 8: Yeah, what I really thought was what I said in that moment, Like I thought this was a family, so I didn't know it was gonna just be all the way out there like that.
Speaker 4: But uh, you.
Speaker 8: Know, it's definitely a very beautiful woman, very beautiful picture and uh, you know got my attention enough to bring it back to the farm so.
Speaker 2: Where she loved all the bugs and hardware.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, ready to pick up some horse poop and everything.
Speaker 1: Did you help us with the how the show goes at first?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: You all? Were you all recruited? Did you sign up? How does it go with us?
Speaker 6: It's kind of a mix. I personally was recruited.
Speaker 5: I got a DM on Instagram and sent it to my family, and my mom and sister are huge fans of the show, you know, prior to me send it and they said you have to, so of course I had to. There's also, you know, a creative way to find love and stuff.
Speaker 3: So yeah, why would you say you hadn't found love yet?
Speaker 2: Were you looking for it? Well?
Speaker 6: See, Saint Louis is like it's a big city.
Speaker 2: I lived different eight years.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, so you get. It's a big small town. Everybody knows everybody, you grew up with everybody, and then you know, people who you dated in the past are dating your friends and so on and so forth. So you know, I just kind of wanted to find a different way to spice it up, meet people from around the country and have a fun way of doing it.
Speaker 7: How about you, Matt, Yeah, same thing. I never planned on doing something like this, and I even said no several times. They reached out to me on Instagram as well, and I was like, I don't think that's for me, but all my friends were like, you know, what else are you doing? Like you got to do this for us, you know.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, we would like to live vicariously through.
Speaker 7: We're going to talk to you. Don't do it? Oh well, But after I got to talk to the producers more, I started and like learn more about their shows, like this actually is pretty legit, Like they really dive into like what you're looking for, and like get to learn you You talk to them a lot on the phone, and then they go when they you know, go through all the women like first day one, like all the eight were pretty close to like what I'm looking for. They checked over boxes, all you know, pretty and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Jay, how did the same thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah? They slayd in my DMS. Wow.
Speaker 8: So it's funny story. Actually, So my sister was getting married, had a wedding shower and one of her coworkers like, is your brother single? She was like, yeah, and he'd be perfect for this one show. I never heard her show at this point in time. Next thing, I know, like a day or two later in the DM. So that's the only reason I kind of responded right there because I had a heads up, I guess. And then, you know, like they said, just being from a small town, especially like Florence, Alabama, either related to everybody or everybody already off the market, so it's hard to find, you know, true love down there if you mighty, So I had to find an unconventional way of doing that.
Speaker 1: But okay, so you all get selected that way. How does it work? How did it go about getting down to the eight women that you will hit?
Speaker 4: You will?
Speaker 1: They gave you a list? How did that work that the eight women end up being your eight women at the beginning of the show?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like Matt said, we spent a lot of time on the phone basically explaining our preferences and like what we see in an ideal wife. So they I don't know how they did it, but they somehow found a massive list of women that basically met all of those standards. And yeah, so that's why it was really hard on the first day to facause everybody was like perfect, well, yeah.
Speaker 7: The conversations were almost tough because it's like, you know, do you have faith? Yes, Like, do you care about your family, Yes, like do you like it was? Yeah, everything was already checked day one, so yeah, then you're just really looking for more of like a connection, I guess you could say, right, so you're not you know, it's hard to weed them out by based off like basic stuff.
Speaker 6: Right, So we got a list of like forty two I think more than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like it was.
Speaker 6: It was on a rolling basis. You get more every week or whatever, and then you rank.
Speaker 5: It's a bad word to use, but unfortunate. There's nothing else, but you'd rank your preferences like.
Speaker 6: Favorite to leave.
Speaker 7: Basically, here's ideally, here's like my top ten. Oun't He's like, these would be my.
Speaker 2: So they had a photo and then like a resume next to the photo.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, but they had to rank us too though, Yes, so like they ranked the farmers, So you know thought, that's.
Speaker 2: What I thought. That makes a lot of sense. So we were saying that one of our favorite parts about the show is just how authentic it seems, and just seeing you all here and meeting you all in person, it's so genuine and that's what makes the show so good. Y'all are the real deal.
Speaker 3: You're actually farmers, you're actually looking for love's and so I think that's what translated for us immediately when we started watching the show. What about the women, I'm curious what it's like for you to try to figure out who's here for the real reasons for actually wanting to find a husband, and who's here to become insta famous.
Speaker 2: Did you guys have a hard time with that or was it easy to spot?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 8: I think I said this in another interview not too long ago, that you could kind of tell just by little things they said, like this is my good side or whatever like that, Like you know what I'm saying, And like, and I get it, you do you know you're on TV even get eybody see it.
Speaker 4: But like, is you're really here for the right reason? Are here for me? Are you worried about how you look on?
Speaker 1: You don't want to hear that when you're trying to know why? Yes, that's so?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But you all can you all? Who was it which one of you had? The women had to do a long, like high hill walk on the gravel?
Speaker 4: That was it?
Speaker 3: He goes, is it hard to walk in heels and gravel? I said, absolutely?
Speaker 7: It is hot out yeah, And it was way farther than you even think, and I would like, couldn't stand up till they got there. So I just had to sit there and like watch watch some struggle down this path and then like, you know, try not to be too awkward.
Speaker 5: Jay and I and Golden Rup they're sitting in the air conditioning just watching Matt suffer in this blaze, wearing all black.
Speaker 4: Sweating in Alabama, that Alabama heating, no jokes.
Speaker 1: But you all could tell as they're making their way, could you? You? You you didn't lead let on necessarily in front of the cameras, but did you all know as soon as someone came up, as soon as they sat down? All almost that. Nah, this isn't gonna.
Speaker 7: Work for some of them some yeah, not majority of no, but yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: To see a photo was one thing, but to see someone in person is a completely rather a thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's an interesting one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Farmer John, Can we talk about mean flirting?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the allure?
Speaker 5: I don't know, it's I guess I do it sometimes, so it's like, I don't know, it's.
Speaker 3: Just I mean, I love a fun back and forth. That's just a little edgy, But like, mean is a whole other level. I didn't see you being mean.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't do it on the right the show.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, but but you know, obviously you're with these girls more than you're just on the camera. So it's like there are relationships also off the camera, but mainly the camera ones are the most important and the ones that I actually show the relationship flourishing. So I mean you, I assume we're talking about Samantha.
Speaker 2: We are talking about yes, and for those who haven't watched yet, just wait for it.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, Samantha is the reason you will question farmer John. Yeah, we'll love him at the beginning. At the end, you're like, is this the guy for me?
Speaker 6: Just we'll find out.
Speaker 1: But you know what that was part of I said, that is cool. You never got worked up when I thought it was plenty of times that she was clearly in the wrong, and some of her behavior was like, are you serious, young lady? Right now? You were cool and chill the whole time, but you never necessarily playcated. You never necessarily caved. And I watched that go down, and I'm sure I was impressed. My love here recognized some of that in the same way. So I loved it.
Speaker 5: But still I will say this, when they're talking to the camera, that's called an OTF.
Speaker 6: Okay, we don't see that.
Speaker 5: So whatever she's saying to the camera is what's happening in her head. So I don't see that. The only thing I saw was our ten minute date.
Speaker 6: That we had.
Speaker 5: We still don't know what we still don't do it like up until the end of the show, we're not going to know what they were thinking.
Speaker 3: How fun is that for y'all to see what they say to the camera versus what you experienced.
Speaker 2: With them in personally.
Speaker 6: I can assure you I'm very interested.
Speaker 1: Now I'm trying to think. I'm trying to remember some of those did they.
Speaker 2: We have seen the second episode and they.
Speaker 1: Have not, But did some of the women say these things? They might be surprised.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was like a other level. She said things to you, But then what she said to the camera, I mean, I don't know. As a woman. My jaw dropped.
Speaker 6: I think have some more sympathy for me.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Our producer Sydney and I were back and forth texting saying, can you believe Oh, yes, there was some of that going on already on episode two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean I was gonna say I think I know what happens on episode two the first date.
Speaker 1: But for you all just and again, I know you said the friends, some of them said it sounded fun and you have to do it and it sounds cool, and you said even that you know this is a better or different way maybe to date. But did you all all go into this process absolutely thinking you were going to come out of this process with a wife.
Speaker 7: I would say I didn't like expect it all. I was very open to it. I was like, man, this ends up working out, this could be crazy. So, you know, it was definitely open to the you know, but also at the same time, it's like, I'm not gonna be like, oh, I'm coming out of this thing with a wife. I don't know who these girls are going to be. I can only you know, I'm just meeting them. I can't say that. So uh, definitely really open to it. And after, you know, like I said, after meeting the girls, that were all wonderful, so I was like, Okay, maybe this is could work. You know, it was my initial thoughts, But then you know, I didn't go into being like, yeah, I'm not leaving here with that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Personally, didn't want to put a lot of pressure on it, you know, because then you just kind of start, you know, forcing things, and you're not your authentic self. And in all honesty, I think some of the girls came into it maybe forcing it a little bit, really expecting to like find your prince charming, your.
Speaker 6: Soulmate and stuff.
Speaker 5: So you know, as the season goes on, I think you'll pick up on some of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Girls were crying on your first episode.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, granted, they put a lot on the line. I mean, they weren't crying because we broke up. They're crying because they.
Speaker 2: Don't they felt rejected, right, Yeah, I mean that makes sense.
Speaker 7: It's a lot like you're traveling, you leave your home, you tell all your friends and your family that you're going to do this, and then the one you're gone. The girls thinking they could be potentially gone for the entire time, they're all that top for them over a month, but they might go home the next day.
Speaker 1: That makes more sense.
Speaker 7: It's a total of mind Like.
Speaker 3: It's expectations, right, You've got this expectation of what could be, and then all of a sudden within less than twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: It's woh, we said that fifty times and watching the two episodes, rejection sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeahssion sucks. How hard was that for y'all? I mean, was that the hardest part?
Speaker 3: I don't know what the hardest part was, but I would imagine having to reject people would be at the top of the list.
Speaker 4: The hardest part.
Speaker 7: So, like, after we did all that stuff, I realized, like, so on The Bachelor, you know, for saying that comes down like a ceremony and you you know, the rose ceremony that's as ours that ours is a random It could be you could let two girls go the first week, or you could keep you know, all four or five of them till the last week. So it's completely up to what we want to do, which makes it harder because you know, you have to let someone go, and then I would like put it off, you know, I don't want to do it today, I'll do it tomorrow. And then like that's a good point.
Speaker 1: You're not required to send someone home, so if you do, that's voluntary and they know that, Oh.
Speaker 3: That makes so much sense if they're if you're told, hey, you have to let someone go.
Speaker 2: That would have been easier.
Speaker 7: Each week, for instance, I had that one girl I knew it was gonna let go. Meanwhile, all the girls are, you know, making dinner to get this one night and drinking wine. They're having like a black It's like all the girls are getting along. Finally everything's good, and I'm thinking, I'm had. I got to send this girl home tonight, Like yeah, so I have to pull her aside in front of all the other girls, like can I talk to you over here?
Speaker 6: Well it's also too it's like.
Speaker 7: Well then they know of course, and immediately yeah.
Speaker 5: You can, just like in The Bachelor, you can just I'm not going to give you a rose and that's it. We'll hug and say goodbye. This we actually have to think up a breakup speech, and like actually break up with these girls multiple times a month.
Speaker 1: It's insane.
Speaker 7: And once you get one down, they're like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I haven't seen do they tell you? It is built up as a moment, like as an event, and you got to have something ready to say yeah, wow.
Speaker 6: If you don't, you're a scumbag. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, breaking up is the hardest thing to do in life, Like so many people can totally relate.
Speaker 2: You'll do anything to avoid it because you're just like, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to hurt your feelings. This is going to be really rough and really tough. I can't even imagine having it. How so you had to do it four times?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you end up with five.
Speaker 7: Well technically started eight, so you have the first three, but.
Speaker 5: Those are easy. Come on, you have the Bachelor ceremony type thing. And that's what I'm meant.
Speaker 1: For those of you listening. That was farmer John. That was farmer John.
Speaker 6: Back down to the lower time.
Speaker 7: I was about to say that to say.
Speaker 6: I know, take one for the team. Birthday boy.
Speaker 1: But what is the expectation at the end of the show. Is it that all these shows have some ceremony the Bachelor expect to get engaged and love is blind you to say I'm gonna get married or not. Whatever it is. What's the climax of the show at the end, You're supposed to do what?
Speaker 7: Well, you get down to the two Yeah, families come into play and so that's a huge part of it. And then you know, basically you get down last day, last episode, you choose one if you want a big guy. Last year didn't choose anybody, So it's really like who knows what's gonna happen if you're watching. But for me, one of the first questions I asked was like, do I have to like get married at the end of this, you know, because let's you know, be realistic connections. Let's be realistic, and you're dating a bunch of the girls at the same time, I'm not marrying anyone in five weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and cameras are rolling, so you don't know if you're getting the real version of somebody or somebody who's actually putting their best self forward.
Speaker 7: For me, it was like, what's my all these girls is there's somebody here that I do want to, you know, go down that road with.
Speaker 8: And it's really a two way street too, so they got to biit a connection with us because they could say, hey, I want to lead a.
Speaker 4: Farm now or whatever forever reason.
Speaker 8: So that's what I think made it really unique going into the process.
Speaker 3: I'm curious what the experience actually was like for each of you versus what you thought it was going to be, Like, what were the what were the big moments where you thought I was not prepared for this.
Speaker 5: I don't think there were any big moments, but generally speaking, I did not think to actually develop real serious feelings for these girls, like I actually cared for them, and uh, you know, sending them home really did hurt. I mean it was tough, especially seeing them cry and having to leave their friends and all that stuff.
Speaker 6: It was it was tough.
Speaker 5: So I think that was the biggest thing, is it was a true authentic experience of dating somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 8: I think getting that fast burned. You know, you most time in the relationship is kin to start slow. You kind of start surface level questions, but you're dipping at those deeper questions like in that ten minute speed date, and you starting to realize that, Wow, this is a great person. I'm really starting to feel this person and build that connection. And I wasn't going in and expecting any of that at all, but it kind of happens.
Speaker 7: So yeah, uh, you know basically what they said too. Second, I'm not that but uh, I think just the sheer like amount that goes into all this is insane, and like we were kind of touched on earlier, like you see some of the girls crying, like episode one, there's a lot you don't see it, and I'm you know, I'm not a huge reality fan or anything, but I've seen some of those shows and those girls crying and it's like, come on, you just met this person and stuff like that. But then once you live it, you realize, like how much stress. And I'm like very even keeled, you know, a levelheaded person, and I was like a rollercoat. I was all over the place. I lost like fifteen pounds during that. Yeah, Like I was stressed out traveling and everyone's exhausted. You're staying in hotels where you can't really leave your room for a couple of days because you can't run into other cast. You're not with your family of friends, you're away from work, Like it's a lot.
Speaker 4: Give me the time on the phone. You didn't have your phone a lot.
Speaker 1: So I was going to you said you lost fifteen pounds. Was it the stress of the environment, you have to go here, you gotta do this press event, you gotta do this interview, or was it the stress of finding a mate? I mean, which one was leading the way? Really that was stressing you out?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 7: Yeah, more so letting the girls go is tough, yeah, because you really like get into the moment and they're you know, at least for me, my girls were very serious. I think I'm the oldest one in the other groups. My group of girls were older too, and I think they were really there, you know, for the right reasons. So everyone's like very invested in it. And they're living in your house. I mean, you're not like at a hope, you know, yeah whatever event like that one girl was living in my room. I wasn't there, Like, you know, they're making food in your kitchen.
Speaker 2: It's deeply personal.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, it's not just a random guy you met, you know, in some vacation spot.
Speaker 3: It interested me when you said you had to stay separate. I was curious, did you have any idea what was going on with the other farmers when you were in your bubble, in your world with your girls. I was curious because the first episode, we won't give anything away, but you all were given the option, as you mentioned, it wasn't mandatory to send someone home if you realized there wasn't a connection. And I thought, did they get to talk to each other and say.
Speaker 2: Are you sending in one home? Are you sending it.
Speaker 3: Like, I just didn't know if you could compare experiences at all with one another.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Yah, Well, like you know, when we were together at the mixers, we were able to do that, but when we were in our separate farms, we weren't.
Speaker 4: You know, we didn't have that communication.
Speaker 8: So it was tough while we were there, But every time we went back and met at a mixer, were able to kind of debrief invent to each other about everything.
Speaker 4: So that made anything easier for sure.
Speaker 6: One of the best parts of the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because we've gone through all the stuff all week and you meet up, it's like a camera like, what the heck's going on?
Speaker 5: Crack open, a few cold ones start talking about it.
Speaker 1: That was I don't know if you're the bachelorette, Trista and Ryan, right, we talked to them Ry. Ryan said something interesting to me that when you're in that environment, you get kind of caught up and you're convinced that this is your soulmate or this is the level of my life because you're set up in a space where you're supposed to think that. Did you all have to battle that a little bit? I think you might have mentioned that some of the women. Clearly they were going a little more down that route after just a month, and maybe you all had, But did you have to fight that urge to go, wow, this is my soulmate.
Speaker 6: A little bit.
Speaker 5: I mean, not the fact that this is my soulmate, because quite frankly, I don't really believe in soulmates.
Speaker 4: Like time, Okay, I know I like this guy, but you.
Speaker 5: Got caught up in the feeling that you had to pick somebody at the end, and it's like, you, you really need to date this person after the show and everything. But I think it was tough for the girls because they only had each other or knowing at all. But luckily for us, we got to go home every night and see our families and really just kind of debrief and get back to reality. So I think it was easier for us to kind of, you know, not fall into that trap, whereas the girls didn't have that luxury, so they may have slipped through it a few times. All they talk about is, yeah.
Speaker 4: That was rough. Yeah, Oh wait, what was rough? Just I'm staying the five women in one house, yeah, share ather.
Speaker 7: Rooms, are together, twenty four to seven.
Speaker 6: The same guy, yeah, robes, how does that.
Speaker 3: Usually go, oh, well, when you're not dating the same guy, that's tough.
Speaker 2: And when you're dating the same guy.
Speaker 3: I haven't had that experience, but I can't even imagine what that would be like in any.
Speaker 2: Way, shape or form. Got to be a little bit chaotic there, did Were you surprised at all by the dynamics of the women or were you anticipating how five women might behave in your home competing for your heart?
Speaker 7: That was actually we've all talked about this, but I started to realize for the process, it was nice to see how they interacted with each other because it's a good show character. So you have like a mean girl in the house not getting along with the other girls or for whatever reason. It's like, all right, it's good to know. But then you read some of the other ones, who are you know, diplomatic and they're reaching out to all the girls, making each other okay and all that. So that's it was kind of cool to see that too, because you kind of learn off that, Yeah, did you fake that?
Speaker 1: Did that happen in every house? There was a breakdown? Okay, there's the mean girl, there's this guy.
Speaker 4: I think I don't know.
Speaker 7: If it maybe mean girl's not the right word. Yeah, problems, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think mean girls the right world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for Yeah.
Speaker 2: I actually do. I actually do.
Speaker 3: I do think that that usually does happen. You know, you get into this hierarchy and you always say y'all like you women, but it's you know, there is I don't know what it is, but there is.
Speaker 2: You kind of fill the dynamics get filled out, and you kind of get one of each year. It seems like a lot of ways.
Speaker 3: That's part of the fun in watching it though, too, because it's a social experience. I mean you're really seeing people their true colors come out when they're put into stressful situations.
Speaker 2: Cameras are on. You'd think that.
Speaker 3: People would be on their best behavior, but that doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think people start to get, you know, comfortable, and then their true colors shine.
Speaker 2: Was alcohol a big part of the filming.
Speaker 3: Because obviously, when you know people have their little glasses, it tends to get a little more dramatic.
Speaker 7: We have a little bit more sometimes, but they probably thought it was an alcoholic I was asking for drinks all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, it it was very, very very limited, not like what years some of these shows are liquering people out and it was not matter whatsoever.
Speaker 8: Have a couple of the mass one might have been yeahs at a little more.
Speaker 5: What happened in that's the dancing mixer? Yeah, barn dance.
Speaker 1: Barn dance, that barn dance.
Speaker 2: Look forward to. I can't wait to see the Barn dance.
Speaker 7: The drinks, well, I.
Speaker 6: Will say episode two. The drinks had a little play in that. I think that's pretty pretty evident.
Speaker 2: Was so good.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for people to see episode two, and then I can't wait to keep I can't wait.
Speaker 1: You know, what is that like having five strangers in your house? Did you all have to adjust in certain ways? Did you stock up on tole of the paper? I don't know what did you did you prepare the.
Speaker 5: House with production kind of handled all. That's all handle all the provisions. But it was kind of nice, you know, I mean for me. My family's living there too. My sister loves to cook, so she was bringing them pasta and cookies and you name it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was awesome, Like my crew was great. Couldn't you know better about them? So it's a positive experience, But at the same time, it is pretty invasive. You've got like a crew of twenty five people in and out of your house on your property. You know, a ton of cars, and you know where you start our privacy on the ranch. So it's it's a lot. At the end of the five weeks for like, all right, you know.
Speaker 3: Matt your property, I have to say. I was like, can I see more? It was like real estate peorn composition.
Speaker 2: I was like, avocado and rare fruit farm. Where is it with the view of the Pacific Ocean?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: It was Yeah, all welcome a new time.
Speaker 2: I'll take you up. You know how much you love avocados.
Speaker 1: It'll be one ticket and it'll be one way. If you're going to go hang out on the birthday boys gorgeous land like yourself out.
Speaker 2: I'm curious did your experience I know we can't you obviously can't say, and we wouldn't even ask about the outcome of any of this, But did it alter your your impression of wanting love, of what love is, wanting to be married? Did have any impact on your overall feelings about relationships and what you want out of them?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean for me, going in my head was completely scrambled when it came to that stuff, you know, I didn't know which way was left. But with this show, I was saying those ot apps, it's basically a free therapy. You sit there and you talk to a camera and you basically talk out how you're feeling and stuff, and it's able to kind of narrow it down and really kind of get it a little bit uniform in your own head, so you're easily able to navigate that type of stuff better.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think for me, you know, playing football, I like to compare a lot of things to that and it's almost like that team that looks good on paper, but it might not always work out when it's time to play the game, you know. And you know with some of the ladies, especially like the ladies we had at first, everything looked good from you know, their personality, their values, the way they look, things like that, but when you actually got in front of them in person, you just didn't feel that connection. So let me know, that's a lot deeper than just those checkboxes.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I think for me, I haven't changed it all or anything like that, or you know, I knew what I wanted before and that all remains the same. But for me. I think I just realized, like I don't want to date anymore. Like I'm I'm either gonna like do something or just not at all. So I don't want to like candually date and like waste time.
Speaker 6: Especially the other side or yeah, yeah, coming.
Speaker 7: Out right, Yeah I'm serious.
Speaker 1: Here, farmer wants or whatever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that was just all I've dated. I'm the oldest out of the group. I've dated, you know, plenty of girls in the past, and then after that experience, like all right, i think I'm done with just casually dating all this stuff. I'm more like, look, I'm looking for a wife, so I'm either like my next relationship is like I think that's can it be it? I'm not gonna go fulling around.
Speaker 1: Okay, you had eight, it went down to five. That's where we are on the show. Of the five that each of you had, how many of those five, given only what we've seen, did you all we're actually marriage wife material for you? Did you actually see out of that five? And we only what we've seen so far, so don't want to go too far in the show, but out of that five, like, yep, yep, yep, yep, yet, how many of those could you actually see as a wife to you.
Speaker 7: I think there was definitely at least three for me that right off the bat, I was like, very interested in that in that way. I took it pretty seriously. And then the other two, you know, it's definitely still interested in. But the top three definitely.
Speaker 8: I think all five they definitely had the potential in different ways, but some just had a little bit stronger, a little bit you know, more potential, if that makes sense. So I think the five that I picked, I definitely saw the potential to.
Speaker 4: Come back to Alabama live with me.
Speaker 8: But there's also some red flags, some things you got to adopt deeper into which we would get too in the show for sure.
Speaker 1: Any red flags with Julia.
Speaker 8: Oh definitely definitely, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: She knows you live in Alabama.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Something she told me about the bugs and you know, the poop and stuff like that. I said, well, you might be some of that when we get to the forum.
Speaker 3: But a princess multiple times I think said been. TJ's daughter was like, did she.
Speaker 2: Just call herself a princess? I was like, yes she did.
Speaker 1: My twelve year olds turned off, Uh wait, do we which episode had them shoveling. Which one was that? Did we see that?
Speaker 4: It was? It was? It was a clip.
Speaker 1: It was a clip.
Speaker 2: Oh no, so we saw it though because we saw episode two. I haven't mentioned that something.
Speaker 1: You exactly exactly what we didn't get your answer?
Speaker 5: Yeah, out of the five, I think I would answer the same way Jay did. The only caveat I would say is that throughout the season it definitely changed. You know, you'd go from I'd say, all five, then you maybe go to four, then maybe back to five.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's all over the place.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously, when you're dating and you're and you're looking for love, you know, looks and physical appearance are is usually the first thing that you notice, and it's a part of the attraction that has to be there. I would say to have.
Speaker 3: A sustainable relationship, But did you at all, going through this process process shift the importance of like personality, Like you know, I'm just like so many people focus on one thing and then if you had the experience which most people have, not a dating five girls at the same time, do other things become much more important than they were before in your life?
Speaker 8: Well, Luckily for me, all five of my women that I pick are very beautiful. So that physical part was kind of you know, already checked there, and then it really just boiled down to the personality and how fast we could build that you know flame. I like to use a flame a lotuse that's what the producers talked about a lot, so that fast burn or that slow burn.
Speaker 7: So yeah, one thing I learned throughout this too is that, like the producers would always say, don't necessarily spend time with who you like right off the bat, Maybe spend time with the ones that you're not sure about to get to figure out like what's going on there. Maybe maybe you're right about your feelings, maybe you weren't. Yeah, So I think that was kind of like the biggest thing is it's more so like looking at who you think you don't want to be with that other group versus like looking for that one that you do, because that really helped narrow down during the process. So I would pick girls sometimes to go on these dates and it would look like, oh, he wants to go take her on the date first, But maybe it was because I was not sure a better and I really wanted to just figure out if I'm letting to go next. So I think when you watch some of the stuff and you see us pig dates and it might not be what you think it is.
Speaker 5: Ah, yeah, that's right, And it lifted the veil of that you know, uncertainty that you had with other girls. But for me personally, I think the one thing that I ended up narrowing down on was whether or not you just get along with the person because they had all the they checked all the box. Like Jay was talking about, on paper, everybody is perfect. You know, they all look great, they have the qualities that you want, they share the same values. But in the end, to me, it was just who you just got along with and who you could see yourself just hanging out with a lot.
Speaker 3: Well, isn't that truly the key to a successful relationship. We went through some divorces to find that out, but actually, truly, if you can find that person you can just do anything with, that's that's that's the person you want, And it's not necessarily how we're taught to think about it, right, But that's cool that you all learned that along the way doing the show. Maybe you learned it beforehand, but I imagine it would be reiterated doing a show like this right exactly.
Speaker 1: You all talk about how supportive friends and family were. Who was the voice saying, don't do this, this is silly, this is ridiculous. She never going to find somebody, she's going to be crazy. Who was kind of turned off and was hesitant for you all to put yourself out there like this.
Speaker 7: Not many people, I might say my dad a little bit, which is funny because my parents wants the show and he loves it, I think secretly, but I think he was just worried that it wasn't going to be a genuine relationship. But I will say later on when our families come into play, I think he kind of changed his mind because he did get to meet the girls in their families, and I think after that he was kind of sold on it because he saw what I saw, like these girls are actually here for the real reason. So yeah, he's a big fan.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I definitely would say my best friend, his name is Diaijan call him Poppy though that's his nickname, pop Poppy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's super real with me all the time, like, man, are you sure you're gonna find on this?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 8: You know how to go sometimes and even being from Florence, you know, we got robbed from Love Island from Florence too, so like we got that you know type of reality, you know, connection and stuff like that. So you see, like you said, some of this stuff not being as genuine as things like that, but uh, you know he was going to always keep it real with me.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I would say my dad too.
Speaker 5: He's a very business oriented guy, and he's just you know, worried about me getting up on stage and you know, peeing my pants in.
Speaker 6: Front of all these girls here nation.
Speaker 5: But in the end, I think he was the one who's actually the most into it, Like Matt's that funny because yeah, he's the one who definitely immersed himself the most and was asking all these questions and smile and ear to ear after every day wanting to hear about it.
Speaker 3: So and we kind of mentioned it in the beginning, or at least you reference to social media, how like, how have you managed that and navigated that? Because yes, it's all fun and great when people like you, but then if someone doesn't like what you said or doesn't like how you broke up with someone, have you seen or experienced any backlash yet?
Speaker 2: And how are you preparing yourself for what's to come.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I just like laugh at that stuff, especially in Saint Louis. I mean that's where I get the most negative comments.
Speaker 6: It's people from Saint Louis. I mean they just they know who. Yeah, it's like I'll see you in a grocery store, like you want.
Speaker 5: To say, why don't you say it when you're in schnooks or something?
Speaker 2: But what I remember?
Speaker 1: Goodness, what issue can they take with you after one two episodes? I mean it's me, really, what are the I'm curious what are they saying? What negativity is there?
Speaker 7: It's really not been too bad about us, more so the girls.
Speaker 8: I think it's more about like our decisions though, like even bringing Julia back to the farm and you Samantha, like some of the girls.
Speaker 1: I apologize that was my message. Sorry, Sorry I sent that note. I wish I could take it back.
Speaker 2: No, you know what good point we started off right off the bat, What.
Speaker 1: Were you thinking?
Speaker 6: You're an idiot moving on?
Speaker 2: That was what TJ basically said.
Speaker 1: I just wanted what was best for you and I didn't think she was it. Okay, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: The biggest thing with like those opinions though, of people like I said, I'll bring it always back to football. It's just like the fan paying their ten dollars for the game. They can say whatever they want to because that's what they did. So you've got to take it and have that, you know, mentality. Just move on from it, know the opinion. So yeah, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Well we're all excited about the episodes that are about to be dropping. So final question, do you think you've only seen the first episode but you do know how it ends? What do fans have in store for them over the next several weeks as these episodes drop.
Speaker 7: Oh boy, Like I was mentioning, there's a lot of stuff. I y, I was mentioning it is just keep in mind like when you're watching us pick these dates and say or do different things, it may not always be you know, we may be doing it for different reason than you think, too, might be trying to do little research.
Speaker 4: I think you could expect unexpected.
Speaker 8: You know, it might look like things line up, but it'd be a twist here and there.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I think I mean they said it kill me.
Speaker 6: I mean episode two, you'll have some fun. You guys already know.
Speaker 7: That my favorite episode. It will be everybody's yeah, correct.
Speaker 2: Well okay, so thank you all. We cannot wait.
Speaker 3: We are so excited. It was so incredible to see you guys in person. We almost let to be in skipped school.
Speaker 2: But she's scared.
Speaker 3: Almost, but she really wanted to skip school to meet you all. You have been so genuine, so real. It's been so fun and we cannot wait to watch you find love.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we're sincere. I mean we joke around here a little bit, but we watch enough of these shows and there's a lot you can get out of a relationship, even a love Island. Right, you learned something about communication, couple something and we're kind of turned off by them lately because people manipulate. It's not an authentic experience. We tune in to see you guys in studio here right now. This is as real and authentic you aill are exactly what you are on television, and I do believe it's coming from a right and authentic place. And that's cool and it feels good. It feels good to be able to root for you all and root for the show now that for we are experienced. I can't believe I'm your experience the show dating, reality show watching that is.
Speaker 3: That is a factual statement, and I'm not embarrassed about it at all, because I have learned a lot and I look forward to learning more from watching Farmer Wants a Wife every Thursday on Fox. Episodes, new episode every week, so we'll be watching. We might rewatch episode two. It was that good.
Speaker 6: Oh well, in that case, we're on our Dabby Gosh.
Speaker 1: The reality Kings and Queens alright, really felt it was good to meet you. Good luck on everything.