Speaker 1: Today's episode of The Command Center Podcast, we are breaking down the Philadelphia Eagles versus the Washington Commanders Round two. Can't wait to check that out, and we go Rocky style man, because this is gonna be a fight against the division rivals. Who's gonna deliver the job, Who's gonna do you got the hook? Who's got the knockout haymaker punch? Stay tuned to find out, and then we talk about our best costumes and scariest Halloween memories.
Speaker 2: What are they? Stay tuned, Welcome to the Command Center Podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm Logan Paulson here with Santana Mousin, Fred Smooth, the Mouth of the South himself. Boys, how are you doing today? All right, Liah Virginia, the Liar of Northern Virginia. I'm to purify you.
Speaker 3: I purify things, and you know what it got to be? The like when I'm watching the Star Wars, it's the dark side, it's the light side, but it's somewhere in the middle that makes it good.
Speaker 4: The Jedi ain't too good in the dark side, ain't too bad, just right there in the middle.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know what he's talking about right now.
Speaker 3: You're not a good Star Wars person I do like Star Wars. You probably couldn't name one character.
Speaker 2: Chewbacca on solo get out here, all right, So we got kind of an interesting matchup.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the dark set, we got the Philadelphia Eagles Division rival coming week round two at home at Field right kind of exciting. I always enjoyed playing Philly, probably more than anybody else in the division because it gets a little bit nasty.
Speaker 5: I get it more excited for the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: I say, you guys both would be Cowboys because you guys are so like mainstream. I'm more of a hipster. I'm doing something different.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't say the stay. I feel like Philly was more that that that. You know how they had that body bag game back in the day that we mentioned had the quarterback quarterback game. I feel like we played Philly in the Giants body bag. Yeah, we get beat up either either physically or we ain't lose a draw in the damn score.
Speaker 3: You're walking out of it with less people. It's one of those games. But when it comes to the Cowboys, it's like, who do.
Speaker 4: You think you are?
Speaker 6: Because the Cowboys always praised the beat so much talked about as They're the America's team, and it seems that not Hi May. We played against him, you know, I mean the defense always stunk when we played them, But officially they had a room mode, they had the t o.
Speaker 5: They had some good backs here in there.
Speaker 6: I remember they had Terry Glenn, one of your big guy you got who I looked up to.
Speaker 3: I love Terry Glenn. Had to go against I had to go against Terry Glenn. Joey Galloway, they always had, you got winning was there for like a thousand years.
Speaker 2: Do you remember Joey Galloway when he was here? Right, I got a funny.
Speaker 4: I got me see y'all caught Joey at the end too.
Speaker 2: Now, well, first off, he was still yeah, I'm still your talent.
Speaker 4: I had to check in my rookie year.
Speaker 3: And when he walked on the field because he built like a running back and he was really built. At this time, I'm like, this dude is actually arrow dynamically, he built like just this fire a fighter.
Speaker 4: And he came up the battle of first play. Then I checked him and I was playing off of by seven yards. He ate my cushion up so fast. Yeah, I said, you know what I'm pressing, I have no time to do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the U So I remember he didn't lift when he was here. He was like a year it was like year sixteen, Like he was big, but he didn't left.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so one day the assistants strain coach was like, hey, joe you got a lift, and Joey's like, I don't want to lift. And he's like, we got hand clean today, and Joey was like, how about if I do hand clean? If I hand clean three fifteen. And Joey's probably one hundred and eighty pounds at this point, not a big guy, right, he he thinned out, he was older, and I was standing right there. I was like, no way, Joey can even pick three fifteen off the ground, like, And so he gets in there, and so Joey's like, how about if I hit three fifteen, I don't have to I don't have to do anything for the rest of the year, no lift for this year. And the strength coach was like, bet it might have been four or five. It was a it was a big number. Yeah, And so he gets in there, puts the straps on those little rock not even warm. This man well pound right to his chest was just like and he's like we're good, yeah, and just like matter of fact and just walked out and never listened away the rest of here. And I was like, wow, like just different, fastest human being.
Speaker 6: I'm glad and I love Joey to this day. I sit back and I just have many thoughts and some of the things he taught me and told me, but I'm happy you follows I didn't listen to. He said no, because when it came to playing and being a being who he was as a receiver, man, that dude was phenomenal.
Speaker 5: He put up some big numbers.
Speaker 6: But at that point in his career and I just came off my knee injury, my third one, my third knee surgery, and Joy was telling me, ten, I don't see you.
Speaker 5: I don't see you level.
Speaker 6: I don't see you putting the same amount of you know, pressure on both sides.
Speaker 5: I need you to be level. I need you to be you know you don't want to overcome state on one side. So I listened to that.
Speaker 6: But the one thing he listened he told me in practice that I'm glad I didn't listen to.
Speaker 5: He was like, Tanner, you're running too fast. This is practice. You God to save yourself for Sunday.
Speaker 3: And then Ohio State thing and Bluefoot was the same way, and bro I used to be like, this is how going.
Speaker 5: This is the only speed I know. Joy and Joy faster.
Speaker 6: He still was faster than me at that time. He was like, yeah, and I trust me. In the game, he turned them gears on and you be like this, dude, don't even running practice. But I think Mike Shanahan got fed up with it and that's how he got them up out of here.
Speaker 5: He wouldn't running practice and couldn't paint the pool.
Speaker 4: We will be.
Speaker 6: Running our plays and Enjoy would be just getting to the spot and the ball already distributed, and coach was like, man, you're not getting there fast enough, and Joy like this is all I got, Like you're either gonna make me practice or not, Like I really don't want to be out here, but since I'm out here is the fast I can go right now.
Speaker 3: Practice generation of Ohio State all had the same mind different because Bluefoot would be like practice all week long. We'll show up to the game and they're like, move us to one o'clock or so. We probably was flexed before Prime.
Speaker 7: He ain't never gonna mistap. I'd be like, we'll go up in the walm out.
Speaker 5: He was like playing today.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what do you mean? Game not on prime time?
Speaker 5: Y'all can handle it with that.
Speaker 3: Mean they're gonna get you?
Speaker 2: No what an animal?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm gonna say what you really want? Joy one like that? But Bluefood was different.
Speaker 3: No bluefoot, But that's how you play thirteen fourteen years. It was something right because both of them played it well until.
Speaker 4: Like playing State Prime.
Speaker 2: We can tell stories all day, but we got to talk about these Eagles real quick. All right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I like I like playing the Eagles. You guys like playing the Cowboys. What are your high level thoughts on the Eagles?
Speaker 2: Let's start.
Speaker 1: I'll start you off with a question. Fred Antanna. Okay, okay, have they hit their stride offensively yet? And what happens when they do?
Speaker 6: I jump, I don't think offensively hit this stride? Yeah, I think the the past, the game itself. Even at times when you're seeing these shoe, these numbers that A. J. Brown is putting up, you would you would think answer, especially when Swift broke out and had those two or three games, where he was rushing. He probably had the most rushing yards in the league at that time. Within that all that amount of games, you would you would have believed that their passing game is hitting on all centers.
Speaker 5: But it's not.
Speaker 6: At times it's I guess you could say it's stagnant, you know what I mean. You see a play they make, then you see a player two where it's just like, man, it's not fluent, fluent enough. I'm not sure if it's people want to throw this all on the quarterback and it's not even his fault. It's just this happens when you get a new offensive system in a new coaching and you're running different plays, you know what I'm saying. But the one thing I will say, with all that being said, still can't stop what they're doing offensive these guys Like I watched that Miami game and I think that was to me, that was by far jialen Hurst's best game a year. I saw a guy that wielded his way to victory, and the Dolphins left a couple of plays on the field that I think they could have easily been a different game, like that one.
Speaker 5: Or interception that he threw up to slay that was uncalled for.
Speaker 6: I mean, you seven points down, man, you just drive in either get three or seven out of that.
Speaker 5: You right back in the thick of things.
Speaker 6: But I will say that still, with all that being said, what was transpiring throughout the game with Hurts and the offense he just found they found. I mean they random and I'm gonna bring it up because I know he gonna want to talk about anyway. The brother they push or whatever really shove. They ran that from their own twenty two at one.
Speaker 5: Point, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So it really is a cheat Coche.
Speaker 7: I call it the.
Speaker 3: Pample push because they pushing Pamples and this is what they doing.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day.
Speaker 3: This offense scares me more because it ain't found. They they haven't got on anything. Then they study winning. They're scary to me. They're showing you it's a sum of our pieces. We don't even have to be on the same level right now, and we will move the ball against you.
Speaker 4: They showed me in the Miami game it was.
Speaker 3: Blunt force, physicality meets at the finis athletics speed as a Kennedy.
Speaker 4: Wins that game every time.
Speaker 3: But they also showed you when we do get finessing, throw the ball down the field. The people we got catching it catch it and become blunt force instruments like ain't j Brown is finessing until he get the ball in his head.
Speaker 4: Like, So that makes them even more scarier to me.
Speaker 3: That they haven't hit, they scribe and they are still winning ball games.
Speaker 4: I think it says everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think for me, it's just like they are good enough to not have to be in stride, like you mentioned antenna, Like a lot of their dropback stuff doesn't look quite in rhythm. Guy's not showing up in the right spots. Their offensive line is good enough to hold the protection. Hurts can buy a little time. He's got a strong enough arming to push the ball down the field. It's not in rhythm, it's not on time, it's not always clean. They're just better. Like I know that sounds crazy, but like because of their offensive line, Like, yeah, they can do a lot of stuff in the passing game that you're like, man, that's ill advised, but they can push the ball down in the field. Like there's times like Jalen Hurts reminds me that's gonna sound crazy. He reminds me a lot of of sam hoow. He holds the ball so long. Yeah, he's got a sea throws. His anticipation, I would say, is regressed a little bit from last year to your point, Tanna, like how it's not quite lined up, but it's okay because the old line has just got a walk, old eyes got a wall fromhim. He's gonna stand there and he can. He's got a J. Brown, he's got Smith, he's got God. Goddard had a good game. So I think that's to me when I look at the offense, like they're not in rhythm because last year so much of their rhythm came off of like that RPO stuff where it's like I'm reading the end.
Speaker 2: I pull it, there's a guy there I can throw.
Speaker 1: Then they don't run that at all, which is really weird. It's like drop back or run. And even the run game talk. We talked about this on on the on the review of the Giants game. Their run game is pretty straightforward, like like last year it was like really complicated the new Ones. They did a bunch of different stuff here. It's like we're gonna run counter, we're gonna run tight zone, we're gonna run outside zone and stop it, stop it.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. I just look. I just looked this up.
Speaker 1: Over fifty percent of their runs are tight zone over fifty percent, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: And they're just like, we're.
Speaker 3: My guys are better than your guys. We're gonna push you off the ball no matter what.
Speaker 4: Swift hell of a back. Plus I got a quarterback that can run the ball. That becomes a troop of threat.
Speaker 3: But you really got me thinking about some when are they gonna because I'm sure it ain't from their playbook. Far as the r PO, it's just too lethal of a will to have it, Like when are.
Speaker 4: They gonna store it? Especially you gotta realize Swift and Jalen hurts r PO.
Speaker 1: That's like dangerous r PO, and especially like the r PO is the past element. So you're reading with Swift and then you have a JJ Brown god out there, you know, And so I'm surprised they haven't got into that too much. And the way they were running it. So the way to stop r PO and we're getting a little off side track is to press right because if you read it, I can't throw the ball because it messes up the timing right offensive line gets down the field as a penalty.
Speaker 2: So they do.
Speaker 1: They getting the bunches and running and they picked guys and so it was just like it was always open.
Speaker 2: It was stealing.
Speaker 1: They could run the ball really well. So it is surprised and they don't do that. It's not in their offense as much. And it's literally just like when you watch their offense, like, we are physically, to your point, Fred, better than you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like and when we get to when we get to fourth and two, it's it's okay, it's a first down.
Speaker 4: It's more like, we're not gonna overthink this thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you know, the one thing about some coordinators, they could give you too much layer. You know, sometimes it's just line up in our formation and top this, top this week.
Speaker 4: See can they stop? That's what this team does.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: The question is can they stay healthy enough to play that bland of ball because they won Lane Johnson injury away from not being the same team.
Speaker 1: We saw that because in the New York Giants game or New York Jets game, excuse me, like they were they couldn't run the offense because the backup came in and he's.
Speaker 2: Not Lane Johnson.
Speaker 4: He's not laying Johnson.
Speaker 1: And so that to me that that's what the offense is. And let's talk about the defense a little bit. Here your thoughts on the defense, Fred, They kind of play defense like they play offense. You know, they're like, we have a really we're just better personnel than you. Our defensive line.
Speaker 7: Is not going to be complicated in our scheme.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, we're going to be very simple and play very fast. I appreciate coordinators like this, especially first year defensive coordinators, knowing that we got to install all this Do you really want to install everything that you do?
Speaker 4: Are you want to find what.
Speaker 3: We do well inside of your scheme, simplify it and let us just play fast. And that's what I think they getting. I think they still got guys like Nikobe Dean is learning how to play behind this deepense line in the NFL.
Speaker 7: But then they add Kevin Beard and that's.
Speaker 4: Just that's sad.
Speaker 3: It makes me sad that Howie Roseman is out here cherry picking. I think about it. He gave a fifth and a seven, if I'm not mistake.
Speaker 2: Picking up the contract too.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, but what you're getting for these Pro Bowl callible These are pro bowlers that you are swift?
Speaker 4: What did you pay for you literally traded for another? Was that a fifth rounder too?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Come on man, these are star pieces that you're getting for like pennies on a dollar.
Speaker 1: And it's understanding like who you are, Like the Swift thing. If he goes to a different team, he's probably not as effective, but like you know what you do well. You have an excellent offensive line, you create space with that group, and you've got a space player. They can run behind a group and it's fast and created supposed to play. So also, this buyer thing will be interesting to see if he plays this week, but.
Speaker 4: It's expect I guarantee he plays in this game.
Speaker 1: How much it's just kind of saying we need something a little bit. But he and also he's got a history of doing that. Last year they brought in the Lenville Joseph and them consuit.
Speaker 4: And everybody paid off.
Speaker 3: I can't never have too many good players, Like I'm never to that point like people like trade monte Is trade tat.
Speaker 4: I ain't trading nobody.
Speaker 3: We can't like we are not that team they can afford to lose anyone.
Speaker 1: Right unless unless you are unless the goal of the season is to tank and something different, just a whole different, different, different conversation. So let's talk about this. Let's talk about the offense. So I think back to that first game we had, and I think the defense did a pretty good job containing the running game of Philadelphia, like and they did a pretty good job for two quarters of limiting explosive plays.
Speaker 2: Fred.
Speaker 1: If you're the defensive coordinator looking at that game plan from the first time, Tana, you too, what's the approach? Is it just saying, hey, man, let's let's be doing more of this cover two conservative shell stuff that we've been doing. Yeah, don't let them get these shots down the field. Because I look back at that game and I say they did. They kind of followed a formula. When they can't run the football effectively, Yah and Jaillener test to throw, which is exactly what they did in the Jets game. Like they lose the game because they have a really high They have the highest number of called runs in the NFL at the moment. Yeah, forty seven percent of the time they run in the football. There's only two teams that run the football percentage wise more than them. So to me, I'm like, get them into throwing the football and then limit explosive plays. So looking back at that first game, I think they did part of that, but how do you limit those explosives?
Speaker 4: This is what I'm going to do.
Speaker 3: I'm going to take half of the game plan and I had first game minus the offman. Okay, I'm going to implement everything the Jets did with my group. Like it's a copycat league if they play inverted Prince two.
Speaker 2: Even if we're not good at it or you kind of.
Speaker 3: I'm adapting game wise, game playing the game plan. I'm going to say my defense kind of incomfortable to the Jets.
Speaker 4: Let me see what they did. Regardless.
Speaker 3: If I'm gonna play two, I'm gonna play mainly four. I'm pressing both and dare how you help the cornerbacks help stop the run because we're gonna be flat cross the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 4: I want that look from the hole entire game.
Speaker 3: So when I do sneak in here and play some man, you don't know the difference because all you're thinking in your head coming forward cover two.
Speaker 4: That's what they're gonna do.
Speaker 3: And they will add that and let Kim Curll come down and be the Jester meaning he see run, go get run, he see passed.
Speaker 4: We're still too shelling it.
Speaker 3: Like so at the end of the day, I think you got to say once a while, who beat him?
Speaker 4: Nobody, but the Jets find out what they did. Two.
Speaker 3: You had a good game plan, you just didn't execute the first time. Fully, I was about to say, I'm emerged those two and I'm gonna come out with my total four quarter.
Speaker 1: Game because I was about to say, like, if you look at it, uh, there was a lot of criticism of like Emmanuel Forbes or not, We're not We're not beating up on the guy, right, but you know, didn't play the right technique. So it's like kind of your point, like you did good stuff, just do it the way the way you wanted to do it.
Speaker 2: Would you agree with that?
Speaker 5: I agree with it. I think too when you look at what we did last time.
Speaker 6: I was the one on them on record saying, you know, stacked the box, put you know, five man front and make Jalen Hurst beat us with his own.
Speaker 4: Didn't work.
Speaker 5: It didn't work. He beat us with his own.
Speaker 4: It didn't work for it.
Speaker 2: He beat it.
Speaker 5: He beat us with his own, So it worked for them.
Speaker 6: It didn't work for us, but I can't say it didn't totally work. I feel like it was just the exposed place it was.
Speaker 5: Supposed to for.
Speaker 2: It was four places.
Speaker 5: It was too explosive, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: And like I said before, when you really look at the whole totality of what transpired, it wasn't like we just gave it up. They just laid off that play. You didn't You didn't do some technique wise that you should have did that would have would have had a different outcome. You see what I'm saying, And that's what you see from these players on this team. At times when you least expected, they do something that is uncharacteristic and then you get you know, you get you give up a big play like that, or you give up a touchdown or you know, vice versa. So you got to have that same kind of mentality, that same kind of focus of that's slow the rundown so we can get them in the past happy game and maybe it works in our favorite odd guys. Eat a little more up front, make them discomfort, you know, cast them discomfort, and we get them, get them sacked a couple more times and have one of those games where they're not you know, not not effective or not fluently moving the ball up and down the field. I think when you see them moving the ball up and down the field, that's when they got your in their wheelhouse and they can just do whatever they want to do with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think kind of like to both your points, like, yeah, you want to limit the explosive plays, play the right techniques, find out maybe a wrinkle. But also the thing I would just wonder if we could sprinkle in a little bit more of is just.
Speaker 2: Maybe pressuring a little bit more.
Speaker 1: I think the defensive line in the first game that was one of their lowest statistical outputs. Again, they go against the best A line in football. They do that to everybody. But how can you maximize your pressure? And I'm not saying to do it all the time, but like maybe five to seven more times.
Speaker 3: Run prescious too. When people hear pressure, they only think pass run. Pressure up the A and B gap, destroy the runs in the backfield.
Speaker 4: And the big question is are.
Speaker 3: You gonna look at this as a physical matchup Because the only thing I was really mad about the first Philly game was we took our smallest corner and put it on their biggest receiver. Sure, how about we put slim reaper vert slim reaper over there at one hundred and seventy pounds a piece, and they could run with the win.
Speaker 2: I like to say, juice on it.
Speaker 3: And I for to say, and we take our six three corner Saint Juice physical might not get you balled back, but he gonna fight with aj Brown all night long. So sometimes look at it the chess pieces for what they are, what you want them to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, And so yeah, I can bring a little bit of pressure because Jalen Hurts does hold the ball a long time, Yes, he does, so sometimes able to push the ball down the field because he's holding the ball a long time. So can you offset some of that? And I think the Jets brought a little bit more pressure than we would or that the commanders were traditionally so peeling from them a little bit.
Speaker 5: Wait, two of their corners down, the No.
Speaker 4: Two starr and corners down. They came in.
Speaker 3: They had two stars, but the Williams brother Qun and brother Williams a linebacker. They they literally caused problems from them. And he go to think about it, if you can get your front going forward to get on the other side of the Atlanta scream that you got a chance. But your linebacker's got to do this. They got to be ready to go sideline and sidelline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was gonna say, like their right guard is heard at the moment, it's a backup guy. It's super it's a yeah, No, it's it's futu or something like that. Number seventy eight. He's a he's a backup. He's the lowest graded guy in the offense line. Everybody else is in the seventy five. It's really well graded. He's like in the fifth. So I'm thinking, drawn pain on him. Let's make some money, right, Let's make some money this week. Let's create some pressure. Let's do some things. Okay, so offensively, really interesting kind of thought here, And I wanted to run it by you guys. When you look at the PFF grades, and PFF grades aren't everything. The second lowest grade for that defense, can you guess what game it was?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 2: It was us? It was us.
Speaker 1: Can we duplicate that performance? We had fifty nine percent conversion percentage on third down. We played really really well, super efficient outside of that third quarter. Can we duplicate that performance, because, like you said, if you can protect, if you can protect, there's a lot of space in the back end and it's pretty simple. Can we do it again is the question.
Speaker 3: I think we can because they are in the Pro Bowl. But he has been there for three days, two days. Yeah, you know, so throwing them in here. He has football, but it ain't Eagles.
Speaker 4: He used to playing it.
Speaker 3: So maybe see him in the game. Attack him in the game because.
Speaker 4: You know he ain't.
Speaker 3: He won't be your week lead later when you play him. But if you ever gonna get him, get him now. It's called situational football. I find him and I'm only attacking him because he ain't been here.
Speaker 4: Like, second of all, what did we do well?
Speaker 3: We kept saym upright, maybe not the whole game, but we kept him up right. And I must say this, you gonna beat the Philadelphia ego, It's gonna be through b Rob not saying you.
Speaker 1: Think so we ran the ball, that's the most, that's the highest running for.
Speaker 2: Had that game?
Speaker 4: You fight physical with physical.
Speaker 2: Do we see where Chris Rodriguez would be the them.
Speaker 4: Two guys like, let's wear him down, Let's be the defense.
Speaker 3: Let's offensively be defensively, and if you're going to do that, it's gonna be by wearing Sleigh down and Bradberry down.
Speaker 4: Before I throw at him.
Speaker 3: And the way to get us to really loosen up, run us over a couple of time, talk sweeping it, and then throw a hitch right out there and make us tackle somebody.
Speaker 4: Now you got a chance to break a playoff.
Speaker 5: I mean offensively.
Speaker 6: I just think, you know, one of the things that I saw that particular game is that was the best we looked all year. I mean, we first, that's the first time we drove down the field and scored a touchdown on our first drive. We went up on those guys, I mean we we we did everything right until the right before the dog go one halftime, and I feel like that's what kind of you know, cost us the game.
Speaker 5: But well, how could we get that same kind of energy, that same kind of.
Speaker 6: You know, motivation all that stuff with that did this team from both sides offensively and defense, because our defense played a big part too, And how we how we played those guys in the first half of that game, And I just want to see those guys come out with that same kind of energy. I think that's what we've been lacking all year, the consistency of seeing that same kind of output we got the week.
Speaker 5: You can't come out one week and have.
Speaker 6: This kind of you know, you know, uh aggression and then the next week you like you're potopuffs. You see what I'm saying, Like, you have to have that mentality regardless of who you're playing against. So can we beat that team? That's a great question. I don't know, souational.
Speaker 3: Let's look at it. Let's write out the facts down. They just played one of the top teams in the NFL. They you know, regardless of how the game went out, they could take a lock out of you. Right, we coming off a game where we lost. We like hyper focus and hyper on edge, and so it is one of the things where maybe they did exhaust a lot. Like so all I look at I try to put all the variables in the cake and say, how can we bake this cake.
Speaker 4: To where we win this game?
Speaker 3: Well, all right, they might be feeling themselves like just beat the men of the Dolphins. Don't think much of us, you know, easily overlook a team. We watched the Bills, do it with New England. All I'm saying is in a division game one, anything goes. Two, what's your mental makeup at that time at this season?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 4: Are you hit your scride yet? Like?
Speaker 3: That's why the only thing makes me really freight is they been winning with that hitting they scrab Yeah.
Speaker 4: But they can also hinder you.
Speaker 3: Could it mean you still ain't doing stuff the right way, but you're winning.
Speaker 4: How do you see a.
Speaker 1: Correct when you win it in spite of Yeah, that's a great point is you don't really make the same tough corrections all the time. So I think that's really good analysis. Where are the commander's advantages in this game? If you had to say these are the things that will turn the tide for us because of X y Z, what would those be for you? And I know, I know we're not feeling overly optimistic after the Giants game or whatever. But if there's a spot you're saying this group, let's say, let's let's reframe that this group has to step up and make some plays for us to win this game.
Speaker 3: Hey, it ain't need a group Logan Tomas gives them problems like it. I like to look at who am a problem makers? Slay don't like here, McLaurin.
Speaker 1: It's it's like it's kind of like one of those things like styles make fights, yes a little bit, and like that matchup, like Terry versus Slay that's always been ever since up in current team, that's been good for us, right, Logan Thomas is productive for whatever reason. Our defensive line in the run game specifically gets after those.
Speaker 4: Don't don't they're not afraid of the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Out, So I kind of like it's it's weird that way, right.
Speaker 6: I think got offensive line as a whole gotta play well, man, Yeah, can't. We can't allow the the skews, the mistakes that they had a week ago to come in and play an effect or play a player have an impact in this game. I think you have to be sound and they have to play with one of their better games this week, because I feel like the offense looks different when those guys are on their thing, regardless of how long Sam hold the ball, When they're doing their job, it's it's evident.
Speaker 5: You can see it, you understand.
Speaker 6: So I'm just hoping that they come that's the team that needs to step up. The old line play their best game we could be able to pass the ball and run the ball well, and I think we have a better outcome.
Speaker 2: Really really those guys.
Speaker 1: That's and I think that's a really good insight because even though there's been a lot of sacks outside of the New York Giants Giants game, they're like I want to say, they're like the eighth graded offensive line in terms of.
Speaker 2: Past protection haven't been as bad as people.
Speaker 1: Think by PF which is crazy, and like when you watch the games, it's like they do such a good job of pass protecting it. But we can't have a game like we did against the Giants where.
Speaker 4: There's way it's being dictated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they're dictating us, and I think in the first Philly game they did a pretty good job. Obviously there's a couple times here and there, but just remember, if those guys can protect it's the same analysis as the first time. There is space in the back end of that defense, and if you're patient, consistent, and methodical, you can take advantage of it. So I agree, I think that's really good insight.
Speaker 2: Tana.
Speaker 1: You pick some excellent one on ones, and for me, I'm going to say the defensive line has to come up, and I think again, they did a great job in the first game of stopping the run. They were very, very physical linebackers included. But can you, ken Jack help those guys create more pressure.
Speaker 3: They do a great job of neutralizing pass rush by running it pays rushes. I always say this, you want to stop a pass Russia run off, tackle, run it him, make him tackle on first and second down. So in my head, I know people don't think I'm crazy for saying this. Chas is on fire, Mantas gains X.
Speaker 8: This feel like a James hight Smith Hyphen Williams Casey two chains, two heel type of game because they.
Speaker 3: They can affect the game microlely in a way that I think when they see them in they're like, okay, let's pass it. Well, they get rushed just as good as the other ones do. So I feel like this is a who are your second level guys type, let's go win this game type of game.
Speaker 1: And also I think, like just again, one of the things that sticks out to me about the Giants game is that's probably John Allen's best game in a couple of weeks, and I don't think it's a coincidence that Ridgway played more. I think if you can get those backup guys in keep everybody nice and fresh, you're gonna have a more productive product on this.
Speaker 4: Second the second group.
Speaker 3: The rotation I think is specially in this game because they gonna be rotating. They rotate eight to seven guys up front too, So the one thing they do a good job of is letting you run it. They second guys on a first down, they just want jam the collin them ready for third down. Like, so they have this rotating, funky rotation, but it's a rotation with.
Speaker 4: Admit it to the madness.
Speaker 2: Absolutely all right.
Speaker 1: Now, let's get to our last star, our next segment, which is gonna have a Rocky theme. You don't Rocky, And there's that great quote from Rocky. It's not about how already to get it, but how hardy get it and keep moving forward?
Speaker 2: Right. That's the rocky thing is that he said?
Speaker 3: Is the trainer saying there, Yeah, I finna say it didn't come out like the adrio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah he's trying to do it.
Speaker 1: It sounds like he's like punchdrunk missing it ain't but one Rocko.
Speaker 4: He do not deserve a statue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you you met him in your home MEC class.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and one home mech it was it was a cottage cottage class.
Speaker 2: It was a home college class.
Speaker 4: Home is more high school. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We didn't do home mack in California. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 7: Well, it's California.
Speaker 4: Y'all.
Speaker 7: Don't cook food, we don't yeah, leaves and that's it.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So this is boxing theme, all right, So this is kind of an interesting So let's start with like dodging weave, right, boxing theme?
Speaker 2: Who's going to do that?
Speaker 1: Make them frustrated, make them frustrat them offensively defensively, And I guess.
Speaker 2: I'll start it off.
Speaker 1: And for me, it's the coordinators here, right, it's the coordinators this position, right, Jack?
Speaker 2: Can you do what you've been doing? Right?
Speaker 1: Because I think last week we saw that they were probably the most comfortable defensively they've been in a.
Speaker 3: While because it didn't look complicated. He just played found some stuff.
Speaker 1: But can we add a little bit of wrinkle, pressure, rotation whatever it is, a little bit of dodge, a little bit of weave, right, it says Jalen Hurts goes, oh wait, what is it? What am I looking at or maybe I throw it to a defender, maybe Chaser or Montese gets home for a sack or a pressure, and then I look at on the other side of the football, right, Eric, enemy, can you call a game plan like you did the first time, which was I thought excellent. That negated the effectiveness of that pass rush quick game. We ran the football, we found shot plays, and we were pretty much on rhythm and excellent the whole time. It'll have to be a little bit different this time, obviously, But what does that look like from both those guys?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, I would say great, Kyle, thank you.
Speaker 2: That's the first time.
Speaker 4: The weaver would be Sam Howe.
Speaker 3: I literally need him to bob and weave to help the office line out. I need if I ever needed your feet for a game, Sam, I need your.
Speaker 2: Feet for it was a huge part of this.
Speaker 3: I need your feet and I need you to anticipate this. I don't need you to react to it. I need you to be proactive. I need you to understand that if we're going to win this game, I need to get at least three and a half first downs with my feet. That don't mean run for thirty yards fifty yards, That means when the play breaks down, can you get us cheap first downs when you need to bob and weave to not get sacked? Can you stay up upright and not get sacked when we do because you know it's gonna happen when the officer line does break down and pass protection. Can you recognize that, get outside the pocket, protect yourself, get a couple of cheap yards if you bob and weave. This game, we complete what we started the first game and then the finish. I think he had three three first downs off of scrambles and I and I said, I want what for three and a half four first down cheap ones?
Speaker 4: I call them chees cheap.
Speaker 6: I think mine's gonna be just how special can we be with our offense, with the special guys with that's those Swiss Army knife guys. Uh, Samuel, I think I think third sam this is one of those games where he he he comes up big for us again. You know, he had a big touchdown in the first game where we brought him on a little wrinkle play on the goal line.
Speaker 5: That was special.
Speaker 6: That was something that we could have probably said, but we used it there. That was perfect timing a g AG is a guy too. I think he could be used at this game, right and we can see both of those guys in the backfield having a g and be robbing the backfield at the same time. AG got to be able to go out that backfield and catch some passes. We're gonna need We're gonna need to be able to do some of the things we did last time around when we play these guys, But we're gonna have to put a wrinkle or two in there that that we showing them, that we showing him something that they familiar with and hitting them with something different. I feel like this is one of those games where you know, we might have to dig a little further than our bag offensively, probably get to something that we haven't got to yet, and say, Okay, these are the games when you got to be special. Remember when when we got ready for the Cowboy Games, regardless if Caldom was here, when I had my my great Cowboy Games, they found a way to get me involved because they just knew that was the team that you know, I was there, Krypto you thrive. So this is what our coach will have to do. We got a heavy dose of Terry out there, Terry. We're gonna give you everything, everything you need when you desire. We throwing that year and these other guys that's gonna be special that they don't have guys that can match up with them.
Speaker 5: Let them be special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you also mentioned you mentioned those satellite guys. I think it's really good analysis because that's another way we can kind of get to some sneaky runs potentially, right, just to kind of keep that defense off balance. All right, So who's gonna set the jobs right, kind of steady, consistent work rate the whole time.
Speaker 2: Just eat that body up, you eat that body. But I think Tanna you alluded to it.
Speaker 1: You said someone and I'm gonna steal one of Tanna's from earlier. Now you a thief, I'm gonna steal it. But it's the offensive line for me, because you gotta be in it. You gotta be in it the whole time. You gotta be fighting, we gotta be jobbing, we gotta be leaning on people, we gotta be past protecting.
Speaker 2: No one's gonna see that.
Speaker 1: No one's gonna see that, but you're gonna feel that that job by the end of the game. And so to me, I think it's gonna be the offensive line.
Speaker 3: It's a constant pain with that jab them ReBs, They're gonna they're gonna start to give, and I'm gonna go Logan Thomas baits Motel.
Speaker 2: I like Cold Turner.
Speaker 4: I think they need to do the jails.
Speaker 3: I need them to catch balls and lean on them safeties, lean on them coners. I need them to catch balls and physically inflict their wheel on some people.
Speaker 4: I need them to like if the game go on, I need that one catch, two catch, three ktch lean for.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be annoying, right.
Speaker 3: It's so annoying to the point where they ain't fast plays. They're not forty yard plays, they're not fifty yard plays. But it's twelve of the roughest joys you ever seen in your life. It's eight of the roughest joy that you've ever seen in your life. And I need to finally have their Cold Turner game because I've been waiting on.
Speaker 4: You have a couple of guys You're.
Speaker 2: Like, he's coming, he gonna have this game this year.
Speaker 3: Well, nobody's gonna pick him on their fantasy team. He gonna end up with one hundred and fifty yard like you, Philly, you're waiting for it. And we always have them games where there's the Philly tight end that's doing it.
Speaker 4: The Dallas got into the world, they usually do it.
Speaker 3: I think it's our time, and I think it's a Logan game, and I think it's a cold turner game.
Speaker 6: I want our jazz to come from our guys on special teams. I think when you know those hitting yards that we so desperately need when we're not moving the ball offensively, I need trustway to punt them so far deep back to where they can't get out of it.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean when they putting to us.
Speaker 6: I need James and Crowns to give us that eight yard of that team yard he's been good spring one or two to give us great field positions so we can have a better chance to either get a field goal or get a touchdown. I think those are to me this year. Out of all the years I've watched this team, I haven't never got up to be excited about what we was gonna do, punt return wise or just punting the ball, getting ourselves out of harm's weight and back in those guys up. Because because we do have a great defense. We have a defense that can they're careful. You give them a chance to really, you know, go out there and say, okay, we bringing them now, we're gonna were gonna place play place some on the back end, because I do believe too when when when it's come to what we have on the outside, were talking a lot about AJ Brown, Man, I don't want to see that number six get off. I don't want to see Devonte Smith half his day.
Speaker 2: So kind of a slow year for him.
Speaker 5: Because A J.
Speaker 6: Brown spoke up, you know it wanting a slow year before AJ spogl that game that Dvante was getting off, a J like hold on, you know the FH on his team Game of Friends move So now, honestly, matters feel like special teams where I want to see us you know, consistently Jabb those guys put them in tough situations, you know, get hitting yards in our apartment return game. Just something that's gonna help us offensively and defensively.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, so I liked all those those are great. How about hooks?
Speaker 1: Like so hooks always think kind of like a power punch, but not not a ton of that, you know what I'm saying, Like it's like not a knockout punch, but kind of somewhere in between.
Speaker 2: Not a body shot, it's a jaw shot.
Speaker 4: Now you know you can turn your head and make you whip back around.
Speaker 3: Right there, I'm gonna go Cam Curl in the safety.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm always right check this out.
Speaker 3: Cam he do for that game, like he's had that subtle I'm here ten tackles now eleven tackles? Where those splash plays that I'm used for when a FUM forced former fumer recovery? Take you to the house. Where's to pick six to the house. We've heard too much about the Philadelphia DB's making plays the end games when eye guys gonna stand up to make them games. And I'm not just looking to the cones because I hold camera. Curl is so high, so like I think he's that dude, and you know, to get paid in his league, you got to do it against the teams that matter. Philadelphia is one of those teams that matter. Kim Curll, can you handle that one on one.
Speaker 4: Date with Dallas Godter?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Can you handle Swift in the open field?
Speaker 3: I can you helped that corner out when Davonte get a step on him, and we need you to dischlide and get between him and the ball and make sure he don't want to catch this ball. No more like Cam Carrol, can you show us high high in the safety picking order?
Speaker 4: You are Jams, Jams, Jams.
Speaker 5: I just gonna go then, Man. I like Hudson for some reason.
Speaker 6: Hudson just does something to our linebacker court man when he's in the game. When he's in the game, I feel like he picked all those guys game up. I saw him on a couple of players last week and I'm like, man, you know, you know, Jamie Davis just look different when he's next to someone he's and I know Jamie a couple of times playing in the middle, you know, and normally he'll be on the outside. But I want to see a guy like that that could come in and spark that that that interior, that middle, that middle layer on our defense. I think, you know, he makes big plays. He's a guy that gets after the ball, and I think he might match up well when it comes to some of the things they like to do with they're running backs, you know what I mean. I think he's a guy that he's fire. I mean, for his size, along. You look at me like a little safety. You like a guy safety play rover with, you know, but he's sticking up in there, man and making some tackles up in the thick of things.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna say I lie back. Of course.
Speaker 6: I think that he brings a little different energy to them guys. And they've been playing okay this year. I can't say they've been you know, bad or overly good, but they've been playing good enough so that he brings a different spart that can lift the whole court.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: He's had a really nice like he's not been playing a time, but when he's been on the field, he does have some splash plays. I think there's times in coverage where he's got to get a field, but you know, like those splash players are going to be.
Speaker 5: A big hit. He ain't scared of nothing. He's putting that.
Speaker 2: Down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so for me, I think the hooks I want, I want the dbs like the corners you said the safeties. I want the corners, and doesn't need to be picks necessarily, but I want, you know, when when it's lay in the down and jailer just trying to find uh a J. Brown down the field, like is can we get a pbuh stand up? Can we be in tight coverage?
Speaker 2: Can we?
Speaker 1: Because that to me is a is a hook shot to that offense. Yeah, breaking those up on third and eight. Being in good relationship and it's gonna be tough man. That's a good receiving corps. That's a good old line. There's gonna be a lot of time. You gotta cover for a long time. Can you be that consistent guy and then make that play when it comes right? We talked about say, Juice Tel he had a really solid game against the Giants, but there was a couple of those shots. Can you can you make a play on one more of those? You know what I'm saying? Can you make that happen? And that's a that's an excellent game from him, but like just that much more in those situations, because that's what's gonna take to win this game.
Speaker 4: The final party.
Speaker 3: When you brought it up, it made me think about a certain player doesn't get as much prop as the other two guys, but since he been missing, it's a vertical porter of that the offense is missing.
Speaker 7: This quiz Watkins Quiz Watkins is out and.
Speaker 3: He has been at the wild Card that people are like, I don't need to check you too, I need to check you. And he's been missing, and I'm wondering because most of time he plays inside slot. Yeah, and since he's been gone, Dallas Gardard game has decreased and slowed down. I think because they he's not been there, it's allowed people to say, all right, let's address the Guardard thing and let's take out the outside guys and forced somebody else to beat us. So if I got to say, watch for anybody's absence, yeah, I think quiz watch his absence is not to be just overlooked.
Speaker 2: Sure, I like that.
Speaker 1: All right, So it's two body shots, and so for me, my mind goes to a couple of positions specifically. But you guys want to start it off till you want to shut.
Speaker 5: Off body shots. I want to see heavy dose of b rob.
Speaker 2: I knew it. I knew it. Everyone thinks of running backs for body shots, right.
Speaker 6: I thought about said man Terry, you know, but I mentioned Terry name, But I say, be robbing Terry. I think Terry is the body shot that they just can't can't get over. You know what I mean he's a he's a constant, a constant, you know.
Speaker 5: Left rear right here, left real right rib here. You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: He's one of those shots, man, like you got to think about it, like I'm sure, And it's to the point where it's almost like evident that slay guy in his head, he alright with me. I'm friends with him. Like you know, you see some of those dbs sometimes they like man, they just match with you, like they don't even care to even be tough with you, Like, man, what's up, boy, I'm coming here.
Speaker 5: That doesn't fish he know deep in the back of his head, that's one guy I can't fade.
Speaker 6: And so when with that being said, I'm looking out there, like you want something, what you want, what you feel like you need right now? What we can do with them, because you don't need to give to like I said, Terry one of those guys you don't need to send them d which he can do that.
Speaker 5: But he's one of those guys. He could take a five ten yard a man take it to the house.
Speaker 6: So I want to see and when I say be rob, I'm not saying just put the ball in his belly and run the ball, find a way for him to be special, screams getting him out the backfield.
Speaker 5: A runner two here and there.
Speaker 6: But those two guys, I think they the day the body shots that I don't think no team won.
Speaker 3: Body shot st Nicholas Gates, it's where I'm going on this one. And your body blows to two of the biggest dudes on the field, mister Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter, Fletcher Cox too, and Fletcher Cox like at the end of the day, Nicholas Gates, you go from the.
Speaker 4: First quarter to the last snap. You gonna put in some work.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna know by the way your jersey look, the scars on your helmet, and the way your face man is looking, how did they treated you? I will understand that. But you're gonna have to go body blow for body blow with these guys.
Speaker 1: And he strikes you as the guy that's gonna do that chruggle a little bit against this dexter Lawrence. He strikes me as a guy who doesn't they knew his secrets?
Speaker 2: Does?
Speaker 1: It doesn't take that lightly for me. The body shot guy is gonna be uh Sam Howe, and it's kind of for the same reason you were talking about Fred, like, can you pick up those sneaky first downs? Can you be fastidious with the football and when that moment comes on a methodical drive, we could take the strike down the field and be confident and be that guy that we saw in the first half of Atlanta the first Philly game. You know, at points during the Denver game, Gosh, remember some of those stories you made against Denver.
Speaker 4: Listen felt like it was last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like and so I look at that and I say, if you can do some of that, like, man, they will be feeling you in a way that is very specific to that quarterback spot.
Speaker 2: Now, let's finish up.
Speaker 1: Who's got the haymaker, Who's got the thing that is gonna knock this game out of the park? Seal the deal for Washington? One player, one position group? Who you got I can go first of you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you should go first. You have first day.
Speaker 2: I always go I'm going first the first two.
Speaker 1: So for me, it's like Tannis talked about him a lot, and I think, but this is where I think Terry is special. You got the best player on your football team for these moments when you got to knock a team out and you can find that explosive play and you've got a match up En Slagh that you feel like you can own. A quarterback can trust you, like I'm gonna turn to that man and he's gonna he's gonna knock you out offensively. And I think that to me is there's no question in my mind that he's gonna deliver that moment.
Speaker 3: Well, my hatmakers come from guys that's paid to throw haymakers.
Speaker 4: I'm tired of hearing about.
Speaker 3: Jayen Collin and David and Fletcher Cox showed me y'all all are the best d tackles on the field. Show me your running mates on the edge can't dictate the game.
Speaker 4: Like we can.
Speaker 3: The shortest way to the quarterback is through the eight D the B gap. You want to stop Philadelphia, you have to outphysical.
Speaker 4: The We seen that with with the Dolphins.
Speaker 3: Like the Dolphins got all the talent in the world, but everybody got a plan. Like Mike Tyson say until you get hit in the mouth. So at the end of the day, the run pain.
Speaker 4: John Allens, all those f bums.
Speaker 3: You drop, I want to see you dropping for four quarters during the Philly game.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, I mean Fred Fred Muffy.
Speaker 6: He was in my head just down because offense said the entire D line off to say, our D line has talked about too much about how much money we spent on these guys for them not to rise to the to the occasion when they playing the best against the best. So not only just Dron and Jonathan Allen, I gotta see the same thing from Chase, Chase gotta Chase gotta be the Chase that we're gonna sit here and say, you know, this is why we're trying to keep him. You know, this is why we're gonna pay him the big money. You know, and I know he can do it. You know, I'm not saying he can't. I just want to see all those guys play their best game against the best competition. To me, I think this is gonna be the best piece of competition they got when it comes to.
Speaker 5: Mino a mano.
Speaker 6: All four of those guys gonna have a guy in front of them that can probably you know.
Speaker 5: A pro bowl to do what they want to do with them.
Speaker 6: So let's see how they rise, Let's see how far they can take it to the next level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with that.
Speaker 1: I think those are really good, nice nice shop guys. Right, So those two game predictions real quick. This one feels tough.
Speaker 3: To continue, even like the ingredients are unpredictable. Like that's why I say it's one of them games I'm gonna call. I'm gonna say mine. I'm not saying the score. I'm calling a toss up, and that's almost saying that I think we might be a tie. All I'm saying is this nail bider. The last person with the ball wins the game.
Speaker 2: That's what I hope is that competitive.
Speaker 5: I really I want a competitive game.
Speaker 6: And I said this last time we played those guys, If you give me a competitive game, I care less who win the end. That's that's probably what we was, you know, sipping on it too much of that kool aid, because we end up having that kind of game, and we went out of there with a moral victory and felt good about ourself and then got thrashed the next week.
Speaker 5: So I'm I'm I'm sticking with that.
Speaker 6: I need to see these guys play competitively to whereas at the end of the game we at home.
Speaker 5: This time, may we be the better team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think a lot of people are gonna pick Philly in this game. You know, I think they're a good football team. For me, though, after the after the loss of the Bears, after the loss of the Giants, I want to see a clean slate on offense. I want to see guys, not even it's not gonna be perfect, it's not, but do your assignment, do your job, and defensively, can we eliminate this, expel us the place and win loser draw, Like, if you trust that process, you get in there, like, that's gonna be a win for me.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Offensively, let's eliminate the mental mistakes, Let's be efficient, Let's get back to who we are, who we think we are. Defensively, let's eliminate those big players. I think we'll be okay. I don't want to predict that game. I know a lot of people are gonna lean Philly, but.
Speaker 7: I'm goin to say the fans probably hate that prediction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was so vanilla and just not there right there, But they're just how I feel.
Speaker 4: I feel. What it's a hard pickle. It's a hard pickle.
Speaker 6: Well, I stopped giving wins and losses since Chicago, and I feel like that that doesn't serve a purpose for me to keep saying they're gonna win. And half the time, you know, when I did get the loss, I wasn't being truthfu about that either, because I want them to win. So I just feel like, like I say, if you then the best team shall win.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm with that. All right. Now, let's shot Halloween traditions. Halloween Halloween traditions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, this is something we haven't talked a lot about, Like you know, I know, tell you at the fourth of July thing, Fred, you do whatever you do.
Speaker 4: I do Halloween. Yeah, I love Halloween.
Speaker 2: So what is you?
Speaker 1: So we got a couple of questions and we're gonna do two questions. All right, you have a memory of when you were in Halloween, when you were really scared. You could be young, you could be old. One more when you're like.
Speaker 4: All right, it was raining one Halloween.
Speaker 2: You're making this up, making it up. Yeah, it's just like when he's like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, asked me a question, indeed, like call me out. I got like two words out. It was.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to I'm trying to save. Yeah, I'm trying to save.
Speaker 3: People are raining me and my cousin them, and I'm sure y'all haven't played with a Wigi boy before from Melton Bradley. No, I've never done that your boy game, Ye, most kids playing with the Wigi boy.
Speaker 7: Of course, when you play with the Wigi boy itself, it's not you.
Speaker 2: You're out there like spelling names.
Speaker 4: Are you coming to get you? Like? It's so like obnoxious and stuff like this.
Speaker 3: So of course we did it, little candar and did the Wiji Boy, and the Ouija boy starts to spell out stuff. Of course now they writing it all day you are not And I'm like, well, what's the lad word?
Speaker 4: Ain't no last word? So then we literally go out side. Afterwards, we go out, we get candy, we get canny and stuff.
Speaker 3: And like I told you, it was raining. Now after we get the candy stuff, we come back home. We started playing with the Wiji board again. And now the Wiji Boy was saying that one of us wasn't gonna make it, was gonna make it, wasn't gonna make made it scary twelve thirty.
Speaker 2: So everyone was all.
Speaker 4: First of all, I was I.
Speaker 3: Was second guessing it because I felt like my cousin was moving. It was because I tried to be light handed to the point where I'm not doing anything because I don't believe like that, So you know, they were doing that. But then we all went to sleep, woke up my cousin throwing up shit.
Speaker 4: So we're playing it on the Region Boy, and I felt.
Speaker 3: Like the Weedi boy had tried to take my cousin out, That's all I'm saying, because he wasn't a big candy eater made himself sick, so I think he made himself sick mentally.
Speaker 2: I got you got something.
Speaker 6: I mean, I already had nothing that's scary, as in I was scared of Halloween. But I remember one Halloween I was a kid. I was in elementary school. I was down in Liberty City in Miami, coming from school, and I was with my cousins. Them they much older. They wanted going to my school at the time, but they knew it was Halloween, so they was like, we ain't going home. Finna go to the bread to the bread factory. And the bread factory they make all this bread and it's a factory like in the middle of the hood, like if you you can't jump to get it's always closed because they always doing is making bread in there. But if you ever caught them, they'll give you a couple of Debbie Pies. They give you whatever they're making in that factory. They'll throw a couple of tree because they always throwing some of that stuff away. And you know, if you've got a lot of little little neighborhood kids that know where y'all making all these goodies, said it smelled great.
Speaker 5: So we're like, man, we're going to the bread factory. It's Halloween.
Speaker 6: They should give us some goodies as long as we get in the gate. So I'm like, man, I don't know if I should.
Speaker 5: Be following y'all. I gotta go home.
Speaker 6: I was supposed to be going home, man, I left straight from school and tell nobody nothing.
Speaker 5: I ain't been home. My mama always knowing I'm usually coming home.
Speaker 6: In that particular night too, my dad's sister was throwing the Halloween party like she do every Halloween, and it was across the town. So I'm like, man, it's thirty twenty thirty minutes away from where I'm from where I'm at, I need to get home and be ready to get ready for this party. But I'm out with my cousin and a couple of neighborhood friends from school to pitch black. We're still out picking up stuff. I'm still in as I'm sitting there looking at it. I ain't had no time, but I know it's too late. I'm like, boy, they looking for me. I'm finna get mine.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 6: And we go to walking back towards our house and I see my daddy cop boy.
Speaker 2: Hey all.
Speaker 6: I remember I'm like probably like third or fourth, probably in fourth grade. I think I was in fourth grade. All right, Mama, get your car, and I gotten that car, and you know you get one. Then see my friends the two more there was. I think they was more happy with seeing me at the point. They cared less about probably chesting force. But I remember thinking about that a whooping the whole time. I couldn't even have fun at the party. Man, I cried, Probably they probably gonna tell me I ain't taking no showering.
Speaker 5: Luckily, luckily I didn't get a whooping.
Speaker 6: But I remember saying to myself, just the fear of knowing what could happen, I won't gonna do that no more.
Speaker 3: Geez the fact steal each other candy bag in California got nice, like when you go trick a treat like in again like passion.
Speaker 4: And keep running like y'all had that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that happened.
Speaker 3: We had big bag thefts, like and I was fan, so I just like the steal bags and then end up getting all that candy doing nothing with the candy, feel like colateral, Like now I'm bargaining with you.
Speaker 4: You want this, Heath bar I showed on Peppermint Patty, you had so much candy. At the end of Yes Bags, I went away to preach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really have a good story. That's a good story, Tanna, this is good too. Yeah, yeah, mine was. No. I was like probably seven, you know, like little kid, right, We're going to the house like six three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was a big kid where and I was dressed as the flash had the had the old flash like lightning vaults up my head.
Speaker 2: I was all I was. And I was running the screen, Yeah, and I was.
Speaker 1: I was running to the houses. I was like, mom, I'm looking how fast I am and all this stuff. And so we get to this house while the lights are off and my mom's like I think only I'm like, no, I'm gonna go knock on the doors, like run up and I knock on the door off crazy and like it's like quiet, there's no lights on him.
Speaker 2: I was like, come on, let's go. And then this guy opens.
Speaker 1: The door like and it's all yeah, like one of those And I look up at him and you know, it's me and my little brothers and no, and he's got like contacts in but it's like dark, so his eyes are like glowing. He's got like glowing fangs in and he's like got all this blood on his face.
Speaker 2: And I was just like so I spread back to my mom.
Speaker 1: I'm like in my mom's legs and the guy's like, oh, I'm so sorry I didn't make funny and I was like, he's got an e mail.
Speaker 2: I was freaking out.
Speaker 1: The guy had to take his all his stuff off just to get you can't just to get me like calm down. So that's the only time when Halloween that I've been like like scared.
Speaker 4: Skley was bigger than him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was terrified, like terrified, though.
Speaker 4: Bro, like I sound like man, but you turned out to be a.
Speaker 1: Great I turned out to be all right, all right, Okay, this is I want to ask you because you're you're being on Halloween. What is the best Halloween costume you ever wore?
Speaker 4: The Joker?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've been.
Speaker 2: He's been talking about the Joker all day. Well do we have a.
Speaker 5: Picture of that?
Speaker 3: The best one ever is probably like three years ago when I dressed up as Judge Snow. I finally got it right because I had tried three years before, but I was going, yeah, So I was going into the costume stores.
Speaker 4: Looking for No, you're a lie Now, I would do Game of Thrones. You know it, I know you do. And I tried to get it out the costume shore.
Speaker 3: No, it didn't work for me, but then I audered it off from the internet the Fate of the Fake Wolf for the belt scraps, and I got it right right, So the French Snow I felt good about.
Speaker 4: But the Joker can't be it.
Speaker 3: Because then they don't know it's me because because I'm painting my face painted, I got green hair.
Speaker 2: You put like prosthetics. No, no, no, just like.
Speaker 3: You can go like all the all the women that do make up on Halloween, they doing only side e fix for Halloween.
Speaker 4: You go tell them what you want, show them.
Speaker 5: What you want.
Speaker 4: They paint you up and see this one they had to paint to the chest.
Speaker 5: But you gotta be going to like a nice party or something.
Speaker 4: Always go do it.
Speaker 2: You can't just do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I go to the best party, Like d C could be the best Halloween party city in America.
Speaker 2: I did not know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I don't.
Speaker 4: Just I'm coming out.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go to your party and look just like me.
Speaker 2: Just like that.
Speaker 4: Who you here, Santana?
Speaker 5: Straight up, straight up. You know I'm coming there and have a good time.
Speaker 6: Look, I haven't went to a party, a real Halloween party since college. And I don't even know how long I stayed at that one, but because you're always in season, trying to be focused.
Speaker 5: But right when I retired, I was.
Speaker 6: I came back up here after I finished school, and I remember being invited to one of the teammates at the time where I played with. He had a party in his basement one of the office a lineman I forgot, and that.
Speaker 5: Was like my first party in years.
Speaker 6: And I was sending there playing clothes, looking at all the people dressed up, like, man, even I'm gonna put all the damn clothes on for nothing.
Speaker 5: I was in the drinking beers having a good time.
Speaker 6: And I was just happy to be able to participate for a time because I haven't.
Speaker 5: Done it in so long. I didn't even you know, you don't even have to desire to do nothing.
Speaker 6: That the most I've done Halloween when I was playing big Bucket, put a sign on the front of it say take one, take one and I'll fill it up.
Speaker 5: And I just watch how many kids come.
Speaker 3: New Years for me Now, I don't do New Years Like, Nah, New Year's ain't nothing like think about it. It's one day for a ten second countdown. They're gonna charge you five times did the math.
Speaker 4: To get in here.
Speaker 3: You ain't gonna be a billion people in there?
Speaker 4: Like New Year's is old rating. Yeah. Yeah, Halloween, I get I got kids.
Speaker 5: I have fun with it.
Speaker 4: It's always been a thing. But you, I know, you ain't.
Speaker 2: Need no tanner. You reminded me.
Speaker 1: Like when I was in Atlanta, they had a man it was like a mandatory Halloween party, like uh it met Ryan's house. No shop shop would do it. And we do it like top golf, Yeah, we do it. Have talk golf. Yeah, And so everyone will get all dressed up and on the invitation says like you have to dress up so you like ten you know me like in season, Like I'm not doing anything like I it's it's a miracle, Like I even changed my shirt, like I am like, I get the facility at five o'clock. I leave at eight o'clock and so it's the night of the party and I'm like, man, I don't have a costume. So I run over to uh, you know, Target or whatever, and I'm like looking through this and there's nothing left.
Speaker 4: Say it should be nothing.
Speaker 1: So I get to the to like I was like, maybe they got some in the in the pajama section. So I go over to the pajama section. They got like a onesie Spider Man and I'm a big guy, I'm like a double X and they have a large So I'm like, well, I guess this is what I'm wearing. So it's like it's like a little kid So it's like all the way up my arm and it's like it looks like I painted this sucker on right. I got show up to the party and I got this thing on it Like is that what? Like I was like, yeah, this is what I'm wearing that people got like I remember shop was like dressed like Shrek. You know, he had painted himself like full prosthetic series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was here.
Speaker 4: I wasn't like this just looked like he put no effort.
Speaker 1: I had to keep shorts on because they were so tight, you know what I'm saying, Like it was and.
Speaker 4: It probably could see through.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, So that was That's the last big Halloween party I went to. But I think that's gonna do it for us. Today we got something one question.
Speaker 3: The three of you had to coordinate a costume, like you're going to a party, and all three of you gotta be what it semed.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be there.
Speaker 3: Not saying dark Knight rises Louis No, he want to make the SI No, I say pain pain from Me from from Dog Now, all right.
Speaker 4: Santana as the Batman.
Speaker 2: That would be.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm bad Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, all right, I'll we'll do that this year.
Speaker 4: Well, and Jason can be the Butler.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Alfred, Alfred the Butler, Alfred the Butler. All right, let's go do it for this show today. Thank you guys so much for listening. We're excited for the game this weekend.
Speaker 4: Though definitely I am. I can't wait to see how they bounce back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: If you guys like this, please make sure to like and subscribe wherever you get your content. And if you like this audio but you want to see us on tape, check out.
Speaker 2: The YouTube pitch.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.