Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Hekma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 2: Happy Halloween to everyone out there, Happy Halloween. You welcome into the beautifully decorated Players Last studio like WC Podcasting. Yes you, Jazz Josh, you all did a great job everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did a great job. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And of course Chrispy, Chris bab the legend, Chrispy, hold it down baby to sniper the players.
Speaker 3: All right, the players just hect Ma Harrison, mm hmm. It's dealing with the saw me. Yeah, you a little bit. It's on you a little bit.
Speaker 2: Old Barry Church, the Toledo Rocket, who the Rockets got this week?
Speaker 3: You're not true.
Speaker 4: I'm sure by love boy, and I'm not like Hall of Famer. I'm not like that baby trying to focus on these cowboys.
Speaker 3: I merely knew, he scrugs.
Speaker 2: Here, cowboys are going down to Atlanta, Ga. The face, the uh face, the Falcons. You're not traveling, No, No, you're not traveling. Clarence Hill is having a special show on Friday night. Yes, he's going down there with Joe Hoyt. They are going to Magic City.
Speaker 5: You know that, man, I love that for them. Man, a lot of people tuned into that show. That's gonna be off the chain. I probably get thirty forty forty minutes in. Are they drinks online? Are they doing drinks at the same time?
Speaker 3: That's a great question. I will ask you for the medium.
Speaker 5: I think that if you if things will get a little truthful, you know what I'm saying in between commercial breaks and hot maybe you know expanding it was a Rose ros.
Speaker 3: Is it just? Is it just him in hoy apparently right now? That's that's what I'm told. I don't know. I don't know if there's gonna be more. So you get left out of that trip.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, leaving on a Friday, you go eat your chocolates and your candy right there while we do.
Speaker 3: Eat all your skittles.
Speaker 2: Heck, I'm gonna come to you first. You got King Skittles over here.
Speaker 3: You can't wait, You can't wait. Bring none of those that got you?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: Watermelon special, Yes, that's for you. On the street. I love them. What's up? He's good baby? What's good going on today?
Speaker 2: The wide receiver in the quarterback had a connection in San Francisco a little late, but they finally got it going.
Speaker 3: What are you expecting in Atlanta from these two?
Speaker 5: Look, I'm expecting for them to be on the same page. That's one of the things that I was talking about overshowing yesterday being a silver lining from coming away from that game. I think also for Cowboy fans seeing Dak and see he get on the same page had to be, you know, great to see.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: I just remember thinking when CD came into the league, you know, just don't be a diva.
Speaker 3: Don't be that guy. Don't be that guy. Don't be a diva.
Speaker 5: And then it just as the success started to happen, the devil started to sink in and we got full fledged Diva from last season to this season. But a guy that is warranted, as you see the many Diva wide receivers in the history of Diva wide receivers.
Speaker 3: He deserved and deserving him.
Speaker 5: So, I mean, he put his best work on on film last last season, and I think you want you expected him to come into this season already like in mid season for him, although he didn't have you know, a camp to see them yesterday, to see them last Sunday, like to be in rhythm and Dak hit him in stride, like to me like that was that was what I wanted to see from these guys from the first game. But I think against Atlanta a team that I think you come into it thinking that, okay, you should have some success versus this defense because they don't have any of the weapons that you had played in the past. I mean, I think that we talked about this a little off air about them their defensive ends, they don't generate as much pressure. So therefore Dak should have an opportunity to at least survey and look, okay.
Speaker 3: Offensive line.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to put an offensive line on the pedestal this week, but I'm saying, look, you should be able to do a better job against an Atlanta defense that doesn't present the same problems with a Bosa and some of the other guys that you saw in the league so earlier in the season. So I expect for that connection to be there. And I also expect to get more production from those third and fourth guys because this is one of those games where they should also be able to have some production as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you on that, hek Man, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I do believe this offense, you know, led by Dak Prescott, will perform better against the Falcons than we've seen these past couple weeks, mainly because the point you just pointed out, which is their past rush is non existent. I mean thirty second in the National Football League, that's dead last.
Speaker 3: And getting after the quarterback. They don't even pressure the quarterback.
Speaker 4: So Dak should, I say that, should have enough time back there to you know, try to find his weapons even though Ceedee Lamb's gonna have a heck of a matchup. And we'll dive into this a little bit later because aj Terrell is nothing to joke around with. That guy is one of the top corners in the National Football League. But when it comes to the other guys out there, you talk about the Tobrits of the world, the Fergusons, you know, those type of guys, they're gonna have to perform at a high level, and I believe they can because Dak Prescott will have time back there. Now, when it comes to Dak Prescott and Ceedee Lamb and their connection. You know, I don't believe it's gonna be you know what it was last year, at least not this week coming up. But it'll be a little bit better, you know. I like the connection I saw, you know, in that San Francisco game. But like I said last week or I said this week, that was during the non competitive phase. I mean, we all understand San Francisco, they let they foot off the gas and when they saw that Cowboys was coming back, they said, oh, let's clamp this thing back down. And you saw it three and out right there. So I do believe their connection will be a little bit better. But as far as where it was last year, I don't see it getting to that point, mainly because you don't have a balanced attack as of right now. But I do believe that Dak and his passing offense will perform a lot better than it did in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Heck, well, let me go back to something you spoke about in terms of Ceedee Lamb in Deva when Martin Cooper left the building, I think Mark Cooper took a certain sense of how that wide receiver room operated. Amari quiet guy, but a strong leader, one of the best in the league of Pro Bowl performer. And I think the way he led by example, the way he went about his business, because when Cedee Lamb got here as a rookie, that was the guy and you follow him, and then all of a sudden he leaves and we see we see it change. At least I think I see a change there.
Speaker 5: Your thought, I really, I guess because Amark Cooper was one of those guys that was so hard to gauge from a media standpoint. We don't know what that conversation was between him and cd B, you know why he was here and prior to him leaving, telling him like, you're the guy, you know, take the mantle like I just think it was something that was it was in him already, you know, to be that. I'm just saying from a leadership standpoint, Newing, don't be that because you are the guy. As we have seen as things have gone downhill and snowball, sometimes the leadership looks a little shaky from the young guys that you are expecting to, you know, look, do a little less in the media sometimes and be the guy that leads by example out on the field and that's what I mean, and him and Dak and those sound bites and everybody searching for what did he say?
Speaker 3: Did he says? You know what's going on?
Speaker 5: Those are all just perception problems with the media trying to create things, the.
Speaker 3: Connection problems that they're having.
Speaker 5: Like to me, it's all them not spending the extra time together in the red zone when those red zone interceptions with like early in the Pittsburgh game, like.
Speaker 3: That was on CD.
Speaker 5: And when you have a guy like Troy Eigmann come out and saying, look your you know, look, quarterback and receiver not on the same page. And I can see the receiver not running the route. To me, that screams diva. You know he's not when the ball's not coming to him, he's not giving it one hundred to be that decoy so that you could get this other guy open on the backside. So look, I don't want to I'm speculating if I even say that. Look, he changed after Maarin Cooper left. I just felt like he got to the point last season where he showed everybody, look, don't bring that double team over here. If you don't want to, I'm gonna victimize you. He went through a stretch of what five games where it was over one hundred yards I mean, and having those such multiple touchdown games last season. So he showed you that even with him being quote unquote a diva, it's warranted in it's deserve.
Speaker 4: And that's what I don't understand about this season. I understand that weren't able to get you know, training camp together. You know, the contract is futing all that good stuff, but you know it's it's weak.
Speaker 3: What were we going on? We almost eight?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what what was this connection been at last year? There was no excuse. We now there was no excuses last year.
Speaker 4: This man was getting double team safety is over the top.
Speaker 3: It didn't matter. He was gonna ball out regardless.
Speaker 4: So that's what's so confusing about this whole situation with the Dallas Coyle Boys. You had a decent run game, but it wasn't like you had Dereck Henry in the backfield.
Speaker 3: Getting things up off.
Speaker 4: You gats were still dropping out there and putting all their resources to stop one CD lamb and he was still able to get off.
Speaker 3: Last year, Yoda said it best do or do not. There is no try.
Speaker 2: And when one person's getting sixty million dollars is the highest paid player in the league, and the other one's getting one of the highest paid numbers is the wide receiver in NFL history. Nobody wants to hear week A trying, regular season game eight, trying, not no, no, no, this This is why you were paid these dollars to be next level, to be reliable.
Speaker 3: And I think what we talk about right now is you know where we used on this show for your trust. Trust. There's nothing there's not a trust.
Speaker 2: Right now that your two offensive best players can get it done for you. You got it done, but some of the competitive phase was over. It'd have been nicely done in the third quarter. Something could if a first down could have been picked up in the third quarter, it would have been nice in San Francisco.
Speaker 3: So yeah, they've got to try to keep working.
Speaker 2: But it is times running out is what what they're in the room. They still think, hey man, you we got we've got division games, we got time, we got time.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be okay. Time running out.
Speaker 2: Last week was a case, a clear case with three minutes to go. Despite everything that happened, you got a shot, couldn't get it done.
Speaker 3: This week is is this is a crucial game.
Speaker 2: Crucial You need this, You need this one because next week you got Phil Lphie coming in town and you need to get that. I mean, think about it. We're going in in November and the Cowboys have not won a home game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and look that's why this game in Atlanta, whether people want to put must win on it or not, they have to feel that it is a must win situation. And that's why I point to last week and seeing that connection flourish and after all week we've been before the season, like, how are these guys are gonna look if they can hit the same you know, it's being rhythm the way that they were last year. Being back in stride again with one another bowls well for the Cowboys in this game versus Atlanta. It definitely bowls well for them. Is when you get down to the division games. But like you said, you can't get into any rhythm or have any balance if you don't have a running game to go with it. And furthermore, Dak Prescott doesn't look like the same quarterback that he was last season, being the second the second team runner up to the MVP this year because of all the pressure that he's.
Speaker 3: Taken from his offensive line. So cause and effect do it, do not?
Speaker 5: Whatever it is, you got to allow this quarterback to have some time to get the ball out. And I think Mike McCarthy right now is taking a lot of heat for the way that this offense looks all right.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's the play caller, he is a playing caller.
Speaker 5: He's taking a lot of heat. And I go back to the same thing. Is what changed from last season? We talked about it yesterday. I'm like, wait a minute, an't we missing as Sam Salthn Like we're missing him?
Speaker 3: But no, you know what else?
Speaker 2: Well, veteran a veteran center man. Okay, Now, look I was all for them letting me outish go. I didn't think he was worth ten million dollars. But now you've got a guy who's never played in the league, a guy who's never played the position. Man, that's tough. And we could talk about seven to seven all day long. Ain't like he's looked like a world beater with the Jets his life. But the guy you put in there is a rookie who is a right tackle and he has struggled lightly.
Speaker 5: Well, look, I guess not to be a revisionist, especially with be Honist. And I don't think anybody stood on the table for saying paid be Hodis you were definitely not doing that.
Speaker 2: But him being gone that you've got to drop off, okay, so that I will give you that. I will give you that, and I will even say that, look the guys that they got in the draft, these are smart players that you got to be smart to be able to be a guy that went from guard to center.
Speaker 3: So there was already a degree of difficulty in it.
Speaker 5: But we've seen with bebe that he's trending in the right direction. It's not like he's had those games where he was like, oh man, snatch him, get him up out of here. He hadn't had one of those games yet. So that's that's what that's the combination of my opinion about the offensive line, because I didn't seen to be regressed to that point where I'm like, yank this guy.
Speaker 4: And the real deal is last year you have had four guys that were playing at I would say a high level. You had Tyron Smith being an All Pro, you had Tyler Smith playing at all pro level, Zach Martin was still playing well and Terrence still didn't struggle the way he did this year. You have one offensive lineman that's been able to hold things down, and that's Tyler Smith. Gotten struggled. The center has struggled. The Hall of famers, Zach Martin has struggled mightily. And we saw what Terrence Steele has provided on the outside with the right tackle position when all you only got one good offensive lineman going into week eight or week nine, and that's not a good look. It's like it's snowball effect. It's gonna roll down on your quarterbacks getting pressured. You have no run game. The routes that the receivers got to run, they can't really develop out there because the quarterback don't got time back there. So none of us, you know, at least myself, didn't expect this offensive line the struggle as much as it has.
Speaker 2: So the offensive line is to me, the offensive line is dropped off from last year. Running back rooms dropped off from last year, and the ye receiving core as the group has dropped off from last year simply by the fact Cooks isn't healthy and not play. So that's that's your offense is not as healthy and it's not as good as it was last year and fourteen, and with twelve and five I raised my hand.
Speaker 3: I overestimated how good talent was and how much, how how big, and why the depth was going to shape.
Speaker 2: It's been it's been a problem, and I think it's it's it's moved them to the middle of the pack from being a team that was one of the better teams in the league.
Speaker 3: I think it's moving to the middle of pack.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you, as you were saying this, nothing could have prepared you for a Zach Martin drop off.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was okay, nothing Actually well, I mean but he said retirement. You know they on line.
Speaker 2: You know when you talk about retaling, you already go yeah, so you know I need this At this point, MA c ran the numbers. We'll be able to buy that house over here and we'll cash out.
Speaker 5: My chips about man, you got to get it out of getting a good man and he.
Speaker 3: Mad at thinking about what he did.
Speaker 2: I need my money, but I mean that fact the CPAD ran another but in a two year span we should be able to get that score.
Speaker 5: I'm good baby, Look man, this is uh the drop off. It has been tremendous and and the scheme change has to happen. For Mike McCarthy on, you were talking about it like, hey, we have got to get Terrence Steel some help.
Speaker 3: We were talking about guiding. We can't stay the course.
Speaker 5: You were talking about the Atlanta game from in the past, like this guy's out here getting baptized and nobody help.
Speaker 3: We. And at the point that you.
Speaker 5: Come up against those kind of talented defensive ends, let's let's make sure that we don't put him in that position again because it doesn't make for good the offensive output. Dak cannot get into any rhythm. But again, none of that even matters in this game. Does it does, absolutely does not matter because was it Grady Jarrett on the other side for Atlanta? They don't care, you know, and they understand. Look, we are last in the league in sacks, but we got an offensive line that's coming up against us that's giving up plenty of sacks. So it's time for us to be reborn again, reinvents they needed.
Speaker 3: Can this game be a shootout?
Speaker 2: Let's dive into that next right here on the players now for Barry Church, rec Maharrison, I'm newly Scruggs is Dallas Coowboys dot Com.
Speaker 3: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 7: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 3: That's one eight hundred gamb l for twenty one over.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 9: Ruscott keats it slides with a first.
Speaker 8: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto With blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: Perfect throw My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit Blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 5: Cowboys Nation is time to get the giving season going. Tune in to see country music superstar Landy Wilson and special guests performed during the Salvation Armies Annual Red Kettle Kickoff halftime show this Thanksgiving on Fox. Every donation stays in the community to provide help and hope for those in need.
Speaker 3: So tune in to.
Speaker 5: Watch the Cowboys, Giants, and Landy Wilson this Thanksgiving and give today at Salvation Army U s a dot Org.
Speaker 3: Chris it's her uh name? Two songs. Landy Wilson sings, Oh hold on second. The delegation has a trade.
Speaker 7: I had to turn I had to turned all the audio down in here feedback.
Speaker 1: The delegation has a trade telescation.
Speaker 3: Chris Chris Bean is on the chopping block right heart like a truck, not chop she does.
Speaker 8: She does one with jelly Roll, which was that That was the I.
Speaker 3: Don't I don't know. I am asking you because I know we don't. We don't know. You know who jelly Roll is. I've seen him the commercials. He's the big dude who got up Detroit, got right. I think, if I'm not mistaken, I think he's from Nashville. Here it is. Yeah, Yeah, that's it. I just see it's like him.
Speaker 2: And I thought I was getting him confused with the Luke Combs guy, Chris.
Speaker 3: Luke. It was I thought they were the same dude.
Speaker 10: That now was Luke And the delegation is on the clock. Well, big guy, the pick is in congratulations to the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Won the World Championship, the World Championship.
Speaker 2: Last night, I said Dodgers and six, But then I told Calvin Watkins the day and started saying Dodgers and five.
Speaker 3: Calvin, get back that up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Calum Yankee on calf, my man dropping the best player was the one I dropped the little pop fly or whatever.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe it. That whole ending came the one ending I did watch because the picture the first place was that the world where he had the picture didn't go to first and they put the aired on third run scored run scored. Yeah, move, that's the only that's the only that you tuned in at the right time. It was perfect.
Speaker 2: One of the biggest choke jobs that I've seen in a in a in a in a World Series game. I mean the Yankees were rolling. I mean they were rolls up five nothing to hold everybody.
Speaker 3: You know, you know, they thought I told at count said Dodgers and sixth.
Speaker 2: Next thing, Hold up, hold on, now, my man didn't cut it was it was the most basic of baseball players when you go to spring training. That's that's what you see the pictures doing on the back fields. They call it p f P and you're supposed to just you know, all right, get the first, get the first.
Speaker 3: And he didn't do it.
Speaker 4: And so Judge, Judge is supposed to be that guy. He's that, he's that guy. So what happened in this series? All I keep hearing this man that dude didn't show up for nothing, And I don't know nothing about baseball, you know, so correct.
Speaker 3: He didn't. And certain guys have that stigma. I don't know why.
Speaker 5: And just from what I know about baseball, guys that get to the playoffs and they're not the same player that they were in the regular season.
Speaker 3: He wasn't.
Speaker 5: He wasn't making mistakes like that. And that's one that's gonna follow him. And you know, the Yankees organization, those that fan base that could be unforgiving.
Speaker 3: Sometimes that can hurt in a.
Speaker 2: Town where it's expected. You know, Reggie Jackson became mister October. He'd already won three World Series OCLAB. But when he went there and hit the three straight three home runs on three pitches, three straight pitches in the World Series, and they won it in seventy seven. And then he followed up a Champions seventy eight and he became a guy. So then they let Reggie go, and then they signed Dave Winfield, and you know, they get to the World Series in eighty one and don't get done, and then owner start calling mister May. Yeah, that's you know in that town. Man, you're getting paid all money. You want that big old contract, and he's gonna win the MVP. It's gonna win the MVP. But you didn't get done. Man, he wasn't good me. And while got Freddy Freeman a bad ankle, rolling out there hitting home running game hit a game, home run, the game two, hit a game, Home Running, Game three, hit a game. Freddy Freday probably ain't walk right now, man, Freddy, I got a boot, got a boot on it, trade man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, it's playing for the Yankees is like playing for the Cowboys. It is that equivalent. You know, people are hot the same way. Dak Prescott didn't get it done in the Green Bay game that was basically Aaron Judge in the World Series.
Speaker 3: Hey hey, brother, brother, brother, what is it? I can't do that, man, Not like this, not like now.
Speaker 2: You got one sodo out here about to get seven hundred million dollars, seven hundred million.
Speaker 3: Dollars guaranteed, right, baseball? That's what?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I know why these guys playing football. I'll be running out there base.
Speaker 3: I told my son a long time ago. Baby, please face baby, just picked this baseball up. Just pick it up. Just go come on.
Speaker 2: You don't have to do it.
Speaker 3: You don't even have to go through it.
Speaker 5: You can save yourself a lot of pain if you just get this put this bag in your hand.
Speaker 3: You need to move to Atlanta. Man. That's that's it man. They play that baseball in Atlanta.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's that's big time out there man, Just Atlanta. What's different.
Speaker 5: What's different for me is that when you look at you talk about those kinds of contracts, and you talk to the guys that are playing high school football and say, do you play baseball?
Speaker 3: What other sports do you play? So I just play football? Play anything else. I'm like, man, you gotta do something else.
Speaker 5: Well, you gotta do something else, whether you play track, whether you play whether it's track, whether it's basketball, whatever it is, man, pick up another sport. Do something else, because seven hundred million dollars, broh, you ain't got to talk me into it.
Speaker 3: That's wold.
Speaker 2: Kyler Murray going top ten to the A's in the first round, signing that contract. That's nice contract, and then gave it all back to go to the draft and became the number one overall pick with the Cardinals. I'm thinking about myself, dude, why are.
Speaker 3: You doing this?
Speaker 2: Why are you Because he was a hell of a baseball that and he was going to the A's, so you were about to make the major leagues real quick because he played at Oklahoma. So in two years he was going to be in the show, if not a year and a half, he was going to be there and making a lot of Jameis Winston, by the way, was drafted. Yes, he was from Florida State. It was a reliever. James was drafted by the Rangers. Jamis can be sitting around here making five million years.
Speaker 3: How many days? How many days are they relievers? Long?
Speaker 2: It depends, it's all you got two days in or maybe the next day. I mean, it's it's.
Speaker 3: A good living James.
Speaker 2: Probably, No, James would have made more money long term if he pitched for the Rangers, then he going to the Tampa Bay be the number one overall. Picking where he is now? Just you now, just you know, back up quarterback, making backup deals, you know, a little lot more healthier. Plus you got that pension. That baseball pinsion.
Speaker 4: Is real, man, Oh it's real. So yep, yep, hard. I'm trying to get too far off off track. But is it hard like to get to the show though? Isn't it like really really really really hard to get Like you could be into the minors for like five or six years or.
Speaker 3: Something like that. You could.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing about in terms of Jamis, all right, Jamis.
Speaker 3: Was a he was a pitcher.
Speaker 2: Rangers are always starred for pictures, and at that time they were really starred for pictures. So this guy could could could hang on. I mean, guys need arms. And then going back to Kyler Murray, you were with the A's and this is a team that's constantly got low payroll, so they're always looking for young talent. So these are two players who could have who would have if staying healthy, would have been major League Baseball players, just simply because of the two organizations they were going to and the needs that they had. I mean, right, if you can pitch out of a bullpen, they want you. You you just don't have enough. They always take my pitching. You ain't got enough at it. Nobody's ever got enough of it. And this year the Rangers kept going through pictures after pitchers. I mean, so now James Jamis with his kind of yeah, I mean even think about did when we saw Dion play. Dion didn't play every day, I mean every year because because he was splitting his time with If Dion had committed to playing baseball, Dean would have been a multiple time All Star. Yeah, because we're not talking about these are just some dudes playing around it.
Speaker 3: They were good college players. Dion was a good college player.
Speaker 2: Bo Jackson, all these guys, they were good college players, and they in their athleticism.
Speaker 3: Man talk about a freak of nature.
Speaker 4: Jackson, Oh, Bo, Yeah, I wasn't around bowl.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you.
Speaker 5: Just look at this Bo Jackson highlight and just watch him run up the wall. I mean, the brother just takes off running and he runs the outfield wall on the Yes, yes, it's the craziest thing. You can just show the athleticism that Bo Jackson. He's another freak athlete, Hall of.
Speaker 2: Fame talent, you know, freak freak of nature. Yes, but just when to a pure baseball Hall of Fame talent. That isn't anything he couldn't do. He was just a real dude as a baseball player. And because you play a little bit of Auburn, but you know, people didn't really know because it's college baseball.
Speaker 3: But that dude was cold.
Speaker 2: And when he went to the Royals instead of going to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, you got to see it like this guy's really good and.
Speaker 5: We're already here. But I gotta ask y'all. Did did y'all the Mookie Betts play. We didn't talk to New York.
Speaker 2: We didn't talk about it, but he did say he's like man as the first I told my wife, it's only the second time in my life I wanted.
Speaker 3: To fight somebody. The other his homeboy was in.
Speaker 2: New York about the New York thugs.
Speaker 5: Like to me, I'm sitting there going wait a minute, did they just am I watching it.
Speaker 3: Did they just do? I just do that?
Speaker 5: That was amazing to see, like in real time. Just the cameras are everywhere. Were they thinking, did they not? You're thinking anything? We're going back again. We're going again tonight. No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: But Mookie Bass, he said, Man, the first I wanted to the second time I life wanted to fight somebody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanted to fight.
Speaker 2: I went to cavakas in the Morning News and he began me, your thug, look at your thug fan base man.
Speaker 3: What they're doing? You hold it? I got, I got you hold them all right?
Speaker 2: But then I was thinking aboutself. Do you know you're not going to continue to watch the game?
Speaker 3: Right? You got that right? Whatever you paid for, you know, this is it?
Speaker 5: What was the World Series? The guy from Chicago that.
Speaker 3: Was the NLCS. That was Steve Bartman, it was Cubs and Marlins.
Speaker 5: That that ESPN special on him was amazing. Just that guy went through a lot after that. Ye I knew one of his cousins and yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Was not good. It's not good. What you do? He just jumped.
Speaker 2: So it was a situation, foul ball coming his way, He sticks out his gloves to catch it, but it would have been and he's a Cup fan. It would have been out for the Cubs if you just let Moy say, Lou go over and catch it. And Moys says, looks like, you know, what do you what are you doing? You know what are you doing? I could have caught the ball, got it out anyway, Marlin's going to win Cubs, don't you know? People just looking like this dude, this idiot. And so he got death threats and he was like some kind of financial guy, services guy, and you know, you know how it is. Many people hunt you down, find out where your work. Your life is all changed because it's the Cubs ain't been in the World Series for having the day. Poor Dusty Baker, you know the whole thing, My whole thing was tragic, man. And so not only the Marlins win the Pennant, they went on to win the World Series and they put it all on him. You you other reason, a whole fan base after you done to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you hate to see.
Speaker 2: That's when you don't see these things happening. Uh football, All right, let's gt our breaklet's ge we'll get back to it, all right, Cowboys and Falcons we'll talk about these too.
Speaker 3: It happened at your lockerhool yesterday between Ferry Church at Hey, Danny McCrae here for Smoothie King.
Speaker 6: You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut, and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with.
Speaker 3: Two new flavors.
Speaker 6: It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new coconut smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gearing enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 3: But with that Texas heat.
Speaker 11: It's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where you Eddy's insulated colster cane cooler comes in clutch.
Speaker 3: This year. You can even get them with the iconic.
Speaker 11: Star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today Yetti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys Collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a Boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, Hugo Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag Beer Own Boss.
Speaker 9: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order canes chicken fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 3: Rule twelve.
Speaker 9: No crinkle cutfries, texas toast, or cravel caine sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Canes when it comes to winning game day, Caine's rules, raising Cane's chicken fingers. One Love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 5: Cowboy Nation, Cowboy, Dallas Cowboys Unite. It presented by Globe Life, is now exclusively in the Dallas Cowboy App. Join the Official Fan Club today to receive access to all new Cowboy drop features, team news and pre sale access, and fan and kid of the game.
Speaker 3: Download the app now to join. Thank you, heg Maharrison.
Speaker 2: This is a player's lounge brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming Thursday. Getting ready to go into a Sunday game with the Dallas Cowboys. So heck ma Harrison, Barry Church, I'm new. We scruggs a lot of the video corner Trayvon Diggs coming out of the locker room in full uniform after the game, expressing his displeasure with a local reporter about a social media post yesterday. Masterfully played by the organization, Diggs was made available outside the locker room where the cameras are all set up, and it's a background there and it's where Dak normally goes. Michael Parsons the ceedee Lamb Diggs normally doesn't do that, but they had in there yesterday, answered a lot of questions, was very open, very very open, and spoke about his frustrations, spoke about it and a little bit of the injury with the calf. And then he found the reporter and broke out two cans, you know one they said, these nuts, and he apologized to the reporter for his actions and gave him a can, and then they clicked cans together and then vam, there you go. It is all as well. See, all is well so well played. Yeah, hey, nuts for you and me. Here you go, he's your candy.
Speaker 3: It's all good now, a good touch. Cans of nuts.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, so cans so masterfully done by the cowboys because you know whoever went online and got the cans and the d'se nuts and told them this is gonna do like this.
Speaker 3: It was well done.
Speaker 2: Well, it was performance are well done that some people thought, oh that was really got.
Speaker 3: You didn't think that was quicker? Yeah, like come on now.
Speaker 2: Which is fantastic by the cowboys to help the play. Let's get past it, let's move past. Dix came out and said he was wrong and he was frustrated. He did everything. He was jumped on the grenade owned it, did everything right. Boom, here's your can these nuts that that that band moved on like okay, cool, So there it is now nationally, who knows what they'll still do with it. They may keep going, but from a local standpoint, it's been squashed.
Speaker 3: By the county.
Speaker 4: You get to move on now. Everybody gets to move on and focus on Atlanta. That's going to be a tough matchup for these guys.
Speaker 3: Do that, couldn't you? He could have done that right? Well, that moved on, brought out some kids and nuts and apologize.
Speaker 4: Reported Man, that depends Hey, we need to get this done. And I was like, hey, depends on who was telling me that.
Speaker 3: But it would have to come from from Rich. Could have done it for you, man, Rich, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Because he was in that position back then. Yeah, this is Rich.
Speaker 3: Were you in the room that day? Yeah? That was Wait was that that was after the game?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, it was during It was it was a Valley ranch and it was during the regular media session and I was there, so was there. Jack Taylor and Davis got into it about just beef and back and forth, and then Devon Street Old Devon Street.
Speaker 3: He got it to it, and then Jack checked basically like.
Speaker 4: They can't get out of dealing with you way man.
Speaker 2: And then somehow Dez thought Jack called Devin the N word, and he's like, man, he called him name Worred, I'm gonna put it out on Twitter and and this, and Jack's like, no I did.
Speaker 3: So they're going back and forth, and then Desk gets mad. He's like, man, this is wrong. Rich Ranch days was real bad because everybody was in that boat.
Speaker 2: It was then, you know, like the editors were called back in the morning news. Did you really get called? Did you call the.
Speaker 3: Player the N word? What happened? And yeah? So that was that. I was there for that one.
Speaker 2: I was there for these nuts uh outside the g I was there when Michael Irvan threw the trash can at the media, when Jimmy got let go, and when Jimmy resign and get out of here. Was over there by the Yeah, man, tell you threw the big old trash can at the media.
Speaker 3: I have seen some stuff.
Speaker 2: Common Denominator boy somewhere around it enjoyed it. I didn't get hit with the trash can. I just you know, I was observing. Oh, fix this all rich honest, Yes, David made.
Speaker 5: T shirts next way, you know, I think the crazy thing is when it goes downhill, it goes down fast.
Speaker 3: And this is the part.
Speaker 5: This is this has been that season where the media and the Dallas Cowboy players have been clashing a lot. You don't see it as much when you're winning, but when it's when it's losing, guys, have you are you know, disagreeing wholeheartedly? Like I said, man, Mike Leslie good, dude, I work with him. You know, I can attest that he's very talented.
Speaker 3: And what he does.
Speaker 5: But you whatever, it was that Trayvon un found to disagree with his tweet amongst all the millions of tweets that were coming out at that time. Look, okay, I'm just glad that we can put it to bed and go on to something else. They move on to's something else because you have an opponent you lose to this week you talk about some fixed this, what's gonna Oh, it's gonna go down? I mean, because you already have people circling saying is it time for the Cowboys to sell?
Speaker 3: You know, is you know, is.
Speaker 5: It buy or sell time for the Cowboys as the deadline approaches, and at three and four, I think I saw somewhere was it a football power index talking about there's five teams in the league right now the ninety five percent chance of making it to the playoffs, and then you have seven that have the percentage.
Speaker 3: Only only one team doesn't have a.
Speaker 5: Chance right now, and that's the Carolina Panthers right damp out of it's like zero percent chance that that happens. But you know, you're you're still you still feel like you're in the driver's seat or at least have an opportunity to make it to the proseason. Some of the news that's coming out that's not favorable to me, as the news that I got today on Michael that Michael hadn't been cleared you know, by Brett, so.
Speaker 3: He still ain't gonna be out there.
Speaker 5: Still doesn't look like he's gonna play, And so I think that's huge. That's that's one of those that's another one of those days that you can add that, Hey, even if you get bland back against a team that you can't get any pressure on, and we already know what ken fulck Kirk can do if he has to.
Speaker 4: You, if you let him sit back there. He's gonna pick you apart Achilles and all. You see that man's getting more and more comfortable. As the games were on. That first game in Pittsburgh, I was like, a it's gonna be a rough one for Kirk Cousins, but you see he's getting more more comfortable. Ten or ten touchdowns, only three interceptions, that weapons on the outside. I mean, if you can't get pressure on that guy, he can dotch you up.
Speaker 2: If the offense cannot turn the football over, that's gonna be huge. If they can hold the ball for thirty minutes, they'll have a shot from the standpoint and go back to the San Francisco forty nine. As bad as everything was, two hundred and twenty six yards of rush, two turnovers here in the football game, allowing the Niners to have the ball almost thirty three minutes. With three minutes to go in the football game, they had the ball with an opportunity to go down the field and close the show.
Speaker 5: Well, if they can't, they can't overcome their mistakes. And once that we talk about things snowballing the mistakes, it's almost like the turnovers. As soon as there's an interception. It's like, here we gonna get again.
Speaker 3: Turn around.
Speaker 5: It's the same song every time, and I think that's this game. I'm watching just one thing solely. Can we get seventy five? Seventy five is the number for me on the ground. On the ground, seventy five is the number because last week, to have a rock purdy a rush for the same amount of yards as I running back room, I think was the biggest insult of all of the numbers that I saw coming out of that game. Rock Party equaled our production. Seventy five is the number. You have got to give Dak some kind of bounce. For all the Dak Prescott haters that have come out of the woodworks. Is I told you shouldn't have gave them the money You got to give them a rushing attack.
Speaker 3: Is it time for Dak to just start taking off?
Speaker 4: Like if CD's not open, like you can go for CD fir take off. I mean, we got a chance you move to something if you do it on first or take a down, at least you make that third down manageable. It's not like a third and ten, a third and twelve where you gotta sit back and watch these routes developed because you don't have the time.
Speaker 3: You don't you don't have the time to do that.
Speaker 4: So it may come a point in time where Dak's like, hey, I'm going to one two reads. If they're not there, hey, I'm out. I've seen him slide in the pocket. I've seen him slide around in the pocket. But I've seen him.
Speaker 5: You've seen him, even with an opportunity to pick up a first down, not run it. So last in the summertime, in the off season, we saw him walking around with a boot. He's gotten it cleaned up multiple times. We don't know what's going on, and they're not telling He doesn't show up on any injury report, so they don't have to talk about it. But maybe there's some hesitation about him and how he feels in his ankle right now, because I mean, if we're basing it on past that, come on, man, you know past Dak with a tuck, you know, and something obviously has changed.
Speaker 3: But you know that's neither here nor that.
Speaker 5: What I'm telling you is that the guys that he had that play the running back position, they have got to give him more on the game. I mean, I know, I'm captain obvious right now, but seventy five yards that's the number I'm looking at this weee.
Speaker 2: All right, well there you go. Wait, did recap it here? Didn't you pick the Yankees in the world?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: I did pick who y'all got tonight, though, Jess Texans Digg's ACLN for Houston, Houston, Houston.
Speaker 5: Still I have no I have no faith in the game is in Houston.
Speaker 3: Believe in New York to New York, New York, so I would just write myself down.
Speaker 4: Has no no Nico Collins, no Stephan Diggs.
Speaker 3: Twenty one seventeen, Houston. They got Tank Dell Schultzer mixer. And I can't say they got no Brown either, So you can't give me. Give me Houston twenty one. Man, Damn who you got? I got a Jets? Give me the Jets twenty to seventeen.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I'm going with Houston. Man, I got to give me twenty two. Give me twenty two seventeen.
Speaker 2: All right, that's a players Laine's brought to you by Aristocratic Gaming. Thank you, Berry church Ack. My hair's having new instruction for Chris Bean Jazz Josh, everybody makes it happen.
Speaker 3: He will talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.