Speaker 1: Get your hit us together and we're gonna start to party. Start.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to party the Elvis Duran after party.
Speaker 3: You don't even turn it on or go see it if Juju Green doesn't tell us to do so or what to watch. Guy is here again as he is every Friday, Juju Green. Of course, our straw Goofy best friend. You can do a search for it Juju Green or straw Hat Goofy. He's everywhere, including our show.
Speaker 1: Juju Let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just said.
Speaker 3: That you were very very stoked for today's report. Why what is going on? What do you have up your sleeve?
Speaker 1: I am very very stoked.
Speaker 4: As a huge fan, I got three things for us to watch, but we gotta start with the theaters as I often do. But as a huge fan of the Predator franchise, as a huge fan of the director Dan Trachenberg, who's been killing it with the Predator franchise as of late, we have a new movie coming out this weekend featuring a Predator.
Speaker 1: It's called Predator.
Speaker 4: Batlands, and this is actually a first for the entire franchise. If you love Predator, you know it's mainly about an alien comes to Earth. Stalks a bunch of people, kills a bunch of people.
Speaker 1: But this is the.
Speaker 4: First Alien Predator movie where the Yauja aka the Predator is the main character. It's entirely from their perspective. It's an action flick about a predator named Deck on his first hunt, trying to prove himself because he's actually the little of the Predator clan.
Speaker 1: And so he really has to himself to his father.
Speaker 4: It's a predator with a debt with daddy issues which we've never seen.
Speaker 3: Wait, this is sounding like scary. He's a daddy with predator issues anyway, but go right ahead. So from the perspective of the Predator, this is a whole new way of doing this.
Speaker 4: This is a whole new way of doing the story. And for those for those who like have only been used to seeing the Predator in a certain way, you'll probably find it funny to know that the director Dan Tratcherberg talked to James Cameron himself of Titanic and Avatar fame, and James Cameron told him that it wouldn't work, and then after seeing the movie he said, well, shit, that actually worked. Sorry the radio, but after seeing the movie twice, I can let you know that it does definitely work. It's actually a surprisingly heartfelt story that I never thought I would say when it comes to a Predator film.
Speaker 1: So it's a lot to love about this movie.
Speaker 4: The action is top notch, the visuals are pretty amazing, and it actually is a story about found family and breaking away from the code of what you thought you was. A very brutal character actually has some heart to it. So I actually love Predator bad Lands. And this is Dani Tratcherberg's third Predator movie, and I just want him to keep making them till the end of time.
Speaker 3: Wow, so this is the first Predator. It sounds like that we're actually gonna like and have a connection with the runt of the Predator group. Really right, Okay, so Predator Badlands, Okay, what's.
Speaker 1: This next up? I actually just watched this movie last night.
Speaker 4: I got this as a screener from Netflix and it premieres on Netflix this Friday. It's called Train Dreams and it is a fantastic movie. It's a huge Oscar contender. I didn't know much about the movie going in, but essentially what the story is about, it's about this logger from I believe he's like in the nineteen twenties, and it's this logger who essentially is about his life. He's very isolated, he doesn't really have a lot of friends to speak of, and then everything changes when he meets a woman named Gladys, and so now his job which takes him off to far away places and he pretty much has to like walk back home for like long periods of time.
Speaker 1: He just wants to get back to his family. It's very heartfelt.
Speaker 4: It looks beautiful, like even when you're watching it at home, it just made me wish I could watch it in the theater because it just looks that gorgeous. It has character has Joe Edgerton as the main character. Joe Edgerton's the main character. You also have William H. Macy in a very sweet role as the old man of the longer crew and.
Speaker 1: I love you some William H.
Speaker 4: Macy as well as oh my god, I'm blinking on the actresses name right now, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: Felicity Jones is also playing Gladys in the movie. The movie is so heartfelt. I can't stress how beautiful it looks. And it's just a great meditation on life. On the passage of time because the movie takes place over the course of many decades, and how one life can be affected by many different people, and how we can affect other people's lives, and it's.
Speaker 1: All done like.
Speaker 4: Like the It's one of the best films that I've seen this year, and I cannot stress that enough. I think it might have cracked my.
Speaker 1: Top ten in fun to watch. So Train Dream.
Speaker 4: You can watch it at any time, but just know that when you do, you're probably gonna need some tissues because it does the heart strings quite a bit.
Speaker 1: I love that, all right? What else you have? All right?
Speaker 4: So this one is actually a series that just premiere. You can watch it right now. It's called I Love La and it's produced, written, and created by Rachel Sennett, who's very young, but she really knows how to put together a movie. She knows how to put together a series. And this is essentially a series for the people who are they got a little bit of a grudge against La. It's almost a cynical take on La, like the inauthentic nature of it, the influencers, the name dropping just like it's and it's something for the La natives as well. So it's basically a love letter portrait, cynical take on the city because the city is very different different things. And it follows a woman who's a social media manager whose friend is a social media star, and her friends who are just trying to make their way in this city. And if you live in LA you'll get like the funny inside jokes. There's this hilarious joke about someone coming to New York wanting to go to the beach. The LA people are like, oh no, that's a whole thing.
Speaker 1: You have to wake up at eight am.
Speaker 4: You gotta do this whole thing, Like nobody goes to the beach unless like you're And it was just a hilarious exchange. But as an LA native, you know, I have a lot of feelings about it and I can't wait to see, like what more they do throughout the course of the season, because as an LA native, I feel like there is a difference between people who moved to LA and the people who've always been to LA, and I feel like it's tackling all sides of that. So that one's on HBO Max and it features a really great cast who has really great chemistry, and I would highly highly recommend you guys watching that first episode.
Speaker 3: All right, we have one more show coming up, and Ghani's gonna cover that in a second. But to your point about La and New York, it seems like La and New York, more than any other cities in the world, are characters in film and shows, TV shows in and of themselves. I mean, and I love that in La, you always know it. La has that special La thing, in New York has that special New York thing. And I love how in many movies I've seen, always thought that the city itself was bigger than the actors that were in those those At the same time, it's kind of interesting. But okay, so you gave us a predator bad Lands, which we need to see. I love I love how you loved it. You're very passionate about how you talked about it. Now, Gandhi, go ahead talk to Juju about your discovery.
Speaker 5: So I need to know if you have any insight information about why Ryan Murphy is raining terror upon us with the things that he's putting out. So first it was the Monster series, which the last one was crazy, and now he hits us with this Kim Kardashian show. All's fair, the promise of it is incredible, and then I watched it and I would like to know from you what's going on.
Speaker 1: So Ryan Murphy, I fully agree with you.
Speaker 4: He does loves raining terror on people, and I think I think he gets off on it a little bit.
Speaker 1: I think that's just like his personal thing.
Speaker 4: But it's so funny because he makes so many shows that I don't even have on my radar, and I go, oh, Ryan Murphy's at it again, right like Alexander Hamilton. So I didn't really know about this show until I saw the report on the Rotten Tomato School. That was my first like brush against it. And apparently it debuts to zero percent on Rotten Tomatoes, and I was like, I didn't even know he was making this. So it seems that there is a bit of terror when it comes to this show, just not for the reasons that we're used to from Ryan Murphy.
Speaker 5: Right, it was wild, Well, I'll just say that it was wild.
Speaker 1: And you know what's crazy about it?
Speaker 5: So it's about a group of women who make their own law firm, and you can see that there are some parallels to her life, and there are really good actresses in this. You've got Naomi Watts, you've got Glenn close and then you've got Kim. It's just you know, I read the same thing you read, which is what made me go watch it, and I thought why.
Speaker 2: And I'm pretty sure they built the show around Kim because, if I remember from Keeping up with the Kardashians, after she did his other show, he wanted to work with her again, and so he was trying to figure out what he could do Wow and her.
Speaker 4: You know, Wow, it's so flat to watch this now. I gotta see just how bad this is, Like you see what you just did? What?
Speaker 1: This is what you just did?
Speaker 3: Talking about zero zero percent on on on rotten tomatoes and telling us how bad it is.
Speaker 1: We all have to watch it and cutting our.
Speaker 3: Guy that shows up every week to tell us to tell us what to watch. Now we want him to watch something you don't want him to tell us to watch.
Speaker 5: I think it's a moment in pop culture that everyone needs to absorbing years.
Speaker 1: Madam Webb, you have to see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you might. You might just have to watch it to be like what.
Speaker 1: Oh can I ask a question too?
Speaker 2: Did you just said, Madam? What happened to Kiss of the Spider Woman with Jennifer Lopez. It came and went with a blink that was crazy.
Speaker 1: Wait wait he came out.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was just done already.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yeah, yeah, I forgot it came out. Actually, I remember when a cave and I forgot that it was.
Speaker 4: Did you see it?
Speaker 1: Did not see it?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I guess it came and went out of my mind as well.
Speaker 3: You pretty much answered your own question, Danielle. It came anyway, so Juju Green of course, search for straw Hat Goofy. He's everywhere and on your socials, and of course his podcast is doing great. What to watch every week. We don't go anywhere near anything unless you tell us too.
Speaker 1: Juju. Thanks for coming in. We appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you, guys, and we also have a great interview on the podcast this week with the director of Batlands, Dan Trachenberg, So make sure you guys check that out to get some actual fun Easter eggs about stranger things.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 2: Days twenty days away or like nineteen.
Speaker 1: We'll be talking about that in a couple of weeks. All right, thank you, having a great weekend, all right, thank you. Els After Party