Speaker 1: At Adam carl Lone.
Speaker 2: She's a queen and talking and so she's getting really.
Speaker 1: Not afraid to fing this episode, so just let it blow. No one can do we quiet? Cary Lone is sounding Caroline. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ready?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Danielle Bradberry, Hello, I am so excited to have you here. Me too. I feel like I've known you forever, like forever for a long time.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I truly feel like I was like coming to have drinks with a friend and I'm like, I can't wait to just catch up.
Speaker 3: The thing about you is you're only twenty eight years old. No, yeah, you have lived a wealth of life. You're like such a young human being and you're so mature, and you're so like your lyrics, your songs are so advanced, and you're just like the way you put your life into song. To be so young and to have experienced so much, it's really phenomenal.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, exhausted, I love it.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm like I have I've lived through a lot. I have lived through a lot for sure, you really had.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yeah, I got started when you're really young.
Speaker 2: Got started at sixteen, I like just turned sixteen, went on the voice.
Speaker 3: Did you always know you were like you obviously had this great voice, your family knew your a great singer.
Speaker 1: How did you discover you had this epic voice with this range?
Speaker 3: I mean to be so young, because I feel like kids like don't really even come into their vocal until much later, and like to know that you had this voice by like fifteen, fourteen fifteen, by the time the actual show the voice rolls around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're going on it like, how did you discover your voice?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, go back to even further from that. I always sang as a little girl, like I would always be silly and like seeing the you know, really easy songs. And then my dad said that he would have to sneak in a recorder in my room, and we actually have a little snippet. I'll probably post it at some point now that I have it. But I was like five or six years old. I was singing I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus and he had to he had to sneak a recorder and walk out of the room. And then at the very end of the recording, I go, Daddy, I'm done, because I just I couldn't have anyone watching me. I was very shy all the way when I was really young, So fast forward into my teens, A school really made me go into like a little hermit.
Speaker 3: Okay, I kind of want to talk about this, Yeah, breeze past it because I saw you Backstasian event and we were talking about you were putting.
Speaker 1: This song out. You were actually about to go to New York to.
Speaker 3: Seeing the Ariana Grande song I'm a woman in front of a huge so nervous audience.
Speaker 2: Who was going to perform that for it was? It was an awards, like a songwriter awards, and the writer that wrote God as a Woman by Yeah, del Rey was just front, Priscilla Presley was in the crowd. I'm like, I don't know what to do with myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that was big.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we were hanging up before that, yeah, talking about how you actually got super introverted and shy and I feel like one of your songs Younger and Wiser. Yeah about that, how like you missed that young girl because you were care free and you were fearless and then school really like knocked you down.
Speaker 2: You got bullied it really really badly. Right, Yeah, so school was not for me, how did you get bullied? I so being a girl, I was not developed at all. Like I was as flat as a board, as flat as a board. Most girls, I mean so many lot are but in you know, in my grade or kids around me, there were a lot of girls that were like, looked like a woman. I was like, I do not have any of that. They pulled the guys. They got more attention. And I was nice to everybody. I had friends and stuff, but I did not make good grades. I was not good in school. I just couldn't get it. There's some period like just you know, subjects that were fine, but I just I had really crooked teeth, like kind of later middle school. All through middle school, I had glasses and it was just kids are me?
Speaker 1: You just felt you were in an awkward face.
Speaker 4: Kids, I was.
Speaker 2: In such an awkward face.
Speaker 1: Kids are so mean and they just picked on you for being They.
Speaker 2: Picked on me. And what's crazy is usually it's like, oh, the girls picked on me. The guys were the ones that did it.
Speaker 1: Really, Yes, the girls nice to you, did you have some of them? Did you have friends? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have friends.
Speaker 1: How did you survive getting bullied? I just what was a day at school like for you.
Speaker 2: So I mean it was fine and it wasn't like, oh my gosh, I was just absolutely terrified to go to school. But there were some days that were worse than others, and I just like I was. I think the part that didn't make me want to go to school was that I just wasn't good at it at all, and I would get in trouble because I had bad grades, get grounded, my phone taken away and that whole thing, and I was like, oh, I just don't I don't want to go because I can't get it. I was in tutoring, I had, I did a summer school. I missed school so much because I hated it that much that I had to go to Saturday detention and make up hours. Like I was that kid, and I'll be full of transparency because I.
Speaker 3: Just read you're ready to sing, You're ready to Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like this is not for me, and some like I said, like I loved I loved playing sports, I loved being outside. I loved that period. And then I you know, like science was interesting to me in English because I like to write and stuff like that was interesting to me. But I always got teachers that just were not interesting. And I was just like, well you lost me lost just such.
Speaker 1: A long day, yeah, I mean such a lot.
Speaker 2: And then like like you said, what a day looked like? Like one time I had algebra math could not I I just it is the worst ever for me. I cannot do I can no when.
Speaker 1: I can't do that either at all.
Speaker 2: And that was my weakest point in school. And I remember I had a friend Victoria, and she sat right in front of me. She had missed the day before, and I was letting her copy my homework.
Speaker 1: As you should. He has a great friend, oh right.
Speaker 2: And the teacher was a basketball coach, and he called me out in front of the entire class, embarrassed the crap out of me, and was like Victoria, you're gonna let You're gonna copy off of her paper, like like call me dumb without calling me dumb. And I was like humiliated. And I remember going home crying to my mom. I'm like I already know I can't do this, but to like have a man just call me out in front of everybody, I was like, I just I needed.
Speaker 4: To just crawl in a hole. I just can't.
Speaker 2: I hate this so much and then fast forward, I had a show in Texas and him and his family came to my meet and greet and I said, did you tell him the story? Oh? He remembered. I said, I I've come a long way, haven't I.
Speaker 1: Well, that was very kind of you to frame it like that.
Speaker 3: I know, you're like one of the big imprints in my life of scarring moments.
Speaker 2: Glad you're nice, you will be nice. It impacts, It really sticks with you.
Speaker 1: Especially when you're that young.
Speaker 3: Then you're already feeling so vulnerable and you're in this very transitional phase. You just decided to go ahead and put yourself on national TV and.
Speaker 1: Go out for the voice, because let's just go for more, right. I know that helpful or harmful to your well self esteem?
Speaker 2: It was both so fast forward to that it was. It's crazy because, like I said, I like kind of got into this like little shell I was. I became super super shy, especially just singing in front of people. And I would do it in front of my friends, like I only had specific friends that I would do it in front of, and family every now and then, and my mom, so my getaway with school and everything is I would come home, I would go to my room and I would just sing. You would I was sing?
Speaker 3: I would, yes, Yeah, I always cry, but I just I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I don't even your story, and I just don't cry. That's so sweet. Okay, So how did you just sit in your room and seeing what would you sing?
Speaker 2: I would sing along to. I never did like karaoke. I would sing along to the artist and I my dad got me this like speaker microphone set, so I would really like.
Speaker 1: I would sing. You were just like letting it out. Who were the artists that you would sing to the most?
Speaker 2: I would sing to Carrie Carrie Underwood, What's so funny? And I've told her this story before. Is Laura Elena. I had her Georgia Peaches album. Was she already out?
Speaker 1: I thought, like y'all came out around the.
Speaker 2: Same she came out a little before me, okay, And I sang to her album. She was one of those that I was in my room. I was saying to her, I loved her, and I told her this whole story, and it like made her emotional. I was like, yeah, girl, like you were one of the albums in my room, just screaming at the top of my lungs because I admired her voice too, and then just everyone from them too, Like I would challenge myself with Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, like I would along, and like I would challenge myself. I'm like, I'm going to hit this note like.
Speaker 4: As many times as it's gonna take me.
Speaker 2: I would listen to Jojo So.
Speaker 3: You put yourself in vocal boot camp every day and didn't even realize that, Yes, yeah, just was that how you learn runs and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I feel like it taught me a lot. Like these singers, I would just I would just copy them and.
Speaker 1: Just over and over and over.
Speaker 2: And then from that my mom always heard me because I was screaming at the top of my longs in the in the house, and She's like, I felt so bad not doing anything for you. So that was her way of like she she's the one that signed me up for the voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you didn't even really like it wasn't on your radar.
Speaker 2: No. We watched it and I was like, I love Blake Shelton. I love the show. I love I just love watching it. And I would always picture myself. I would act like I was on stage in my room but I never was like I'm gonna do this. It was just something that was very cool and fun to me. And so my mom when she fun fact, just when she first told me that I was going to Dallas because we were in Houston. I'm from Houston, and uh, she was like, we're gonna go to Dallas and you're gonna audition for the Voice. And I got so mad you did. It was my nerves.
Speaker 4: So you're fifteen.
Speaker 2: My nerves took over.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was a big deal.
Speaker 4: I was like, I can't do that, and I was.
Speaker 2: It was just I got mad in this sense, like it just scared me.
Speaker 1: So you hadn't really been singing in public. No, the only singing you're doing is in your room at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and your mom auditioned you for the Voice and let's just like skip some stuff. You end up winning the Voice is your first live performance on the voice stage.
Speaker 2: Basically, Yeah, I call it because when I was.
Speaker 1: Like, did you get through those nerves?
Speaker 2: I mebing naive. I feel like really saved me and my my mom and I actually still to this day talk about that because she always she loves bringing up all that stuff. She went through that whole thing with me because I was a minor, had to have my mom with me, and she gave up a lot to do that. She quit her job for at the time. She was like, I'm just I'm gonna and she the salon. She's a hairdresser, and so the salon that she worked at, I was like this little running around and so she told them the case and they were like, well, if you want to ever come back. It was like a good thing. But she had to stop that. She had my two little brothers at the time that were babies, and so she left a lot for a while watching that my stepdad, my stepdad and my sister and my family.
Speaker 1: But he went all in for you. She did. That was a lot. That's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah as a mom. You know, she's still having two babies at home, and.
Speaker 1: I already have tears. I'm trying to hold them back. It's so annoying. I always cry, but like it's just like let it out. But it's such a big I mean, this is a huge, huge life choice that y'all are making together. I never pursue your dreams, I know, man, crazy gosh. Okay, So she's like, we're going to the voice.
Speaker 2: We're going to the Voice, and we just kept going and I remember it.
Speaker 1: Is the first audition, even like did you have like a private audition or did you just go in the cattle call cattle call stood in line.
Speaker 2: It was a convention center in Dallas and there is six thousand people that day.
Speaker 1: You just waited in line, waited.
Speaker 2: In line from six am to six pm.
Speaker 3: It's so many country stars tried out for the Voice, like I know, Morgan Wallan did. I feel like a lot of people didn't. They never made it through and they've gone on to be great singers. But like the fact that like they recognized you, because I feel like sometimes great singers get missed, you know, yeah, because there's so many people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, it's just crazy. I didn't even I went in not thinking anything. I'm like, oh my god, Like I was just a little teenager that was like I just can't believe this is happening. And I just, I really think just as naive as I was. Because a lot of the singers that were on my season, they have had a lot of experience in the music industry. I know a one woman that was a backup singer from Michael Jackson. Oh man, I mean these people, I was like, where where am I? It was just and so I feel like I was truly living in every moment because I had no idea what was going on. So I was just like the little like and Blake even saw that. He was like you just he was You're just so little, and I'm like, I just don't know what I knew I So it was just it was truly I was just like the little kid on set basically. So what was it?
Speaker 1: Like? Who do you try out for? Do you try out for people before you get to the judges? Obviously?
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I had three auditions before that, like blind audition, chair turn.
Speaker 1: So I did the cattle Call on TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, three or four auditions before. But I did the Cattle Call. Then we had a second one in Dallas, and there's cameras to actually send to the producers, and I had to have like a few songs lined up, and I remember for that one, I messed up and I got so embarrassed and they were like, okay, singing all these like carry songs, Miranda, You're singing all these mature songs, Like let's throw in some Taylor Swift, like some your your age, and I was like okay. And I when I feel like I did something wrong or I mess up, I got so tears were like right here. I was like okay, and I already was just so nervous, and so she was like, come back. I'm gonna send you learn mean from Taylor Swift and then tell them I sent you and you can come back and do it again. And she like.
Speaker 1: Chance, second chance. Wow.
Speaker 2: She even turned her she even turned her computer around for me to follow lyrics. And I didn't have my contacts in.
Speaker 4: I said, I can't see this. So I'm just like, get me out of here.
Speaker 2: I feel so us vulnerable and I left the thing immediately started crying. And my mom like it was just tough love. And my dad was there and he's like, I my dad is so patient, so calm, and he's like, okay, come drive with me. And so we get in the car and he just was talking me through it and he's like, well, if you want to go home, we can go home. And it was that like, well, I didn't really want to. Yeah, it was just so much, so much. I was very overwhelmed, and the fact that I messed up. I had to come back and all these things. I was just so overwhelmed that I was just like saying emotions yeah, And so we go back. I learned the song for an hour and go back sing mean and then we go home. A few days past they call and they're like, well, you made it to LA. So we back up go to LA and there's just so much going on, and then we do an audition in front of the producers and then they like, oh gosh, They're like, okay, well we're going to call out who makes it for the blind audition. So there's a lot that goes through it before you actually see it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this is when you're the youngest person ever to win the Voice. I feel like there's some other people who are in a sixteen who want maybe like one other yeah, but you were like the youngest person ever. What don't you tell yourself in those moments when you're going on stage and you're teaching yourself to be brave in front of the whole world.
Speaker 2: I just would like, I I don't know what would happen. I would just be like I would walk on stage and it would just kind of all I would click into an alter ego.
Speaker 1: So you have an alter ego. I feel like you still have an alter ego.
Speaker 2: You do, because sometimes my friends would be like, uh, that was like a completely different person. I'm like, yeah, I have to. I have to because the shyness is still there.
Speaker 1: Does she have a name?
Speaker 2: I Simone Simone, which is my middle name.
Speaker 1: So Simone is who we see on stage?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and who is she gets sassy?
Speaker 4: She just gets.
Speaker 2: Fiery, and it sometimes like I just I have to, like, I just I will. I'm so hard on myself. Oh yeah, oh yeah, and it's I get super insecure about a lot of things. Like I will walk off stage and I'm like everyone's like that was so great, and I'm like really because this and this and this happened and I sounded like this. I just get so like ugh and it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like because you're so vulnerable in your lyrics, like your songs, and you're released a new album, yes, and everyone's been so excited about it because it's been like six years since you put one out. It's just called Danielle, and holy shit, it is so like rich in your vocals, your lyrics and the content that you're singing about.
Speaker 3: It's like it is a beautiful album, Danielle, And you're so raw and your voice is phenomenal.
Speaker 1: So do you feel like that that is where you get hard on yourself too, because you're so vulnerable. Is it hard to be that vulnerable putting those songs out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're talking some sexy stuff too, and also you're talking toxic.
Speaker 1: Really, I mean, you're like telling the truth, it feels like, and.
Speaker 2: I've tried to do that with my career as I grow and come.
Speaker 1: Along way when you're right.
Speaker 2: So long.
Speaker 1: Oh I was listened to your first album. I'm like, she is the cutest little, sweetest flower child in the world.
Speaker 3: And now I'm listen, I'm seeing you in Windows with your uh hot ass, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, no, Heart of Nixy really has grown ups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really funny.
Speaker 1: I love how you put your whole ass out there. And that's also it was just like a little like, yeah, I'm just your sexuality too though, you're just not scared to be at all, which I love. That's bold, it's fun.
Speaker 4: It's fun.
Speaker 2: Ye. Windows is definitely there if you if you listen to it. But yeah, and it was that transition of like, oh, you're you're sixteen, you were this little what happened a little? I'm like, okay, do.
Speaker 1: You feel that I mean, not to compare it to my day spirit is not a girl, not yet a woman, but do you feel like you had to grow up in front of the world and you're having to prove now that you're an adult not a little kid?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like, it's so funny we talk about this because I just had had my first album release show in New York and this Sweet Sweet and I'm not talking bad about her at all, it was just the interaction. It was just the perfect description of what I had to do with sometimes. But sweet as older lady, like in her eighties, and she had missed the like VIP meet and greet, and so we come back and she had the Hearted Dixie T shirt.
Speaker 1: She's, oh, gee, she wanted you to be hard. Does Heart and Dixie show up at the shows anymore? She did her any first album?
Speaker 2: Well, I yeah, sometimes if I do, like a festival or something like that, Okay, but she she didn't recognize me. And I mind you, I dyed my hair recently and I'm just whatever having fun about that. But she was like this is this is Danielle And she like went like this, and I said, I'm not I'm I'm sixteen anymore and I'm twenty a and yeah, but it's me and she was like, oh, oh okay, and I'm like, oh my gosh, like it's it's a weird transition.
Speaker 1: That is so growing up in front of the world.
Speaker 3: And also like you win the voice, Yeah, one month later you're you're immediately signed a big machine. One month later you're putting out a single. Yeah, how is that turnaround even possible? I don't even know do you even know what you're putting out?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Did you even know the songs?
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess you were growing you kind of did because you knew what you liked. You're listening to Carrie, You're listening to Lauren. You knew you loved country and like the country queens.
Speaker 1: But did you like even know what you wanted to sing about?
Speaker 2: Yet? Not really No, And I and I knew what I like. You said, like I love to just like sing, and and it was that was just from me covering all these women for my whole life and then they give me all these songs And at first I hadn't written a song.
Speaker 1: Okay, So they give you a list of songs and a like pick yeah. Yes, so I guys, that's how that first album happened.
Speaker 2: Yes. So they were like, here's two links of like twenty five songs I need you to pick out, Like I think I had twelve on that first album.
Speaker 1: So they had already curated this list.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, And I was like just listening and I'm like, Okay, that sounds cool. I like that one, Like I really hadn't had anything to relate to. I mean hearted Dixie's about a divorced woman getting away.
Speaker 4: Oh, I.
Speaker 1: Encourage you. I lived it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, so it's really funny to think about just this little girl singing about that.
Speaker 4: I was like, very first single.
Speaker 1: Were you connecting more just to like the vibe of it? Did you know the lyrics?
Speaker 3: Because I was like I was reliving Taylor Len, who was in a band with back then, when we put on a single called he Better Be Dead, and it was like he better be Dead, his house burned down to the ground, two wheels hanging off a criminal clip and I was like, looking back, I don't even know what those I know no connection to the impact of what that song actually was saying.
Speaker 1: Do you feel that way?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's like, but now you're so connected to what you're saying and you can feel that. But like when you're just putting out a song so fast when you're sixteen, Oh I had.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was just all about the experience and it was just I mean zero one hundred real quick. After I won it was I flew to New York to be on the Plaza the Today Show, and that was the first time I had met the band. That was the first time ever singing Hearted Dixie, and I was like, I don't, I don't I barely know this song, like enough my adrenaline is here enough that I can make it through the words to the song for this like one performance.
Speaker 1: What a way to enter the business.
Speaker 2: I was like okay, and I like it was just it was madness. And then I came back here I didn't live here, and I recorded the whole album. I had picked these songs, recorded the album, and then went Brad Paisley tour.
Speaker 1: And I was just like, I, so, what is your introverted, shy, sixteen year old nervous self who doesn't sing in front of anyone, only shuts the door and sings in her room. But now she's just won a whole national TV show. You're catapulted into stardom, You're on every major talk show, You're on a huge tour. What how are you coping with this? I got better at it.
Speaker 2: I got better at the Voice really kind of, and I've always said this, like it was kind of like a little boot camp for media and just being on stage, and it really opened that door for me. It got it got a lot better. Okay, I still so you were just saying it at this point. Yeah, I was like, okay, I know the basics now, like I know, like even on the Voice that I did not know how to do an interview at all. They had to be very very patient with me. I was like, I just I don't know, Like eh, I was just.
Speaker 1: Like whatever, I don't even know what to talk about. You're sixteen years old.
Speaker 2: No, But yeah, once all of that passed, it was I got better. I got in a routine. I was kind of I was still very very much a teenager. Like I did radio tour and stuff a few times, and that that was that was hard because I they saw me as a teenager. I still very awkward and awkward looking, and by the last radio tour, I had grown up a lot, so to prove yourself to you know, radio and just people in the industry at such like vult like just fragile years. So much is changing so much.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know how you survived. Did you have a mental breakdown ever?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Oh yeah, I but the really mental breakdowns were when I like got older and started to live in relationships and do the music industry at the same time, I'm like, oh my god, I'm about to go crazy because these people I'm dating are not great.
Speaker 3: So did you have you had a did you have like one particular toxic relationships? Because there's a whole string like special place in hell for this person. I mean, uh, the actually loved that song, Oh I love that one, that kind of.
Speaker 1: Thing, But I'm sure it was it turned out to be bad. Is this all the same person it was?
Speaker 2: It was? There was a little moment there that was a little interesting, But is.
Speaker 1: It all the same person that this is about? Oh no, I mean there's so you were getting a string of bad guys.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. I did not know how to big. I learned a lot learned a lot, and I won't, you know, totally hate on him, but yeah, I mean I had I saw this thing where they're like, you have three loves in your life throughout your entire life or something, and I'm like, that's kind of kind of accurate because I had my high school like just super super naive. I'm like, I wish him very well, but that was not love at all. It was just I was very very young. But we lived together here like right off the voice, like we knew each other before and he knew me before that, and then after the voice, he was like it just was way too young, Yeah to go through any of that. Yeah, especially as a as a younger boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Like I'm sure it's turning it for you to handle it now. He's trying to like pop in to the world with you. So that was a long long time ago.
Speaker 2: And then that ended, and then I was single, and then I got into a relationship that was very I thought I was gonna marry the guy.
Speaker 3: I feel like I remember when you got in this relationship because I remember seeing it on Instagram and I was like, Okay, this it feels like a big relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it turned out not to be.
Speaker 1: Tell us the red flags first, so for people listening, when you see these red flags, they're actually red flags.
Speaker 2: I got a text from a random number and it was a girl and she was like, Hey, are you and this person a thing? Because we were kind of talking and I just wanted to make sure and I'm like like, hmmm, We've been dating a week and this is already happening, and so I want to stay. He was very loving, very loving, and I was just, hey, he knew how to do everything. He was like that type of guy where he just like Hugh on the Yeah. I'm like, oh my god, this is this is so awesome. So I was very blinded and the rest was history and I we did take away is fine.
Speaker 1: Did it take a while to get out of the relationship.
Speaker 2: Took a lot to get out because towards the end of the last year of the relationship and we got to a point where his mom was like, send me pictures of your favorite rings, like it was I was like, this is gonna be my guy, even though we have a little little things to work through. And so the last year of it, it just completely went downhill. And I'm such a caretaker. I'm just like, what do you need? And if you're in a bad place, I'm like, I'm not going anywhere type of thing.
Speaker 1: And you're like, I'm gonna come meet you in there and you'll go sacrifice yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah to me, And that's what that was the case. And so I did not focus on anything about me at all, and it was like, oh, while I'm doing this, he's entertaining other women, and I'm like I So I ran myself dry. I was like I and then trying to be this trying to sing go out on stage, and that's not an easy schedule. And so when I get stressed and I get anxiety, I don't have an appetite. So then I lose weight very very quickly, and so that gets misled online. So they're like, oh, I get shamed for that all the time. They're like you're so skinny and are you intorexic, and I mean people comment on it all the time and controls all the time. Oh yeah, oh yeah. And so that time, I had lost so much weight to the point where my mom was like freaking out and I'm like I'm fine, I'm fine. When I was not fine and towards the end of it, he would like break up with me randomly, just randomly, and I'm like, what did I what happen? What did I do?
Speaker 1: You're questioning your whole worth.
Speaker 2: Then we'd get back together because I was just so wrapped into it. This was the last time we got back together. I had a girl, she was a college girl. They met out on the lake and she sent me a snapchat of her laying on his couch and him in a towel closing the blinds.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I saw a visual that was like the very very last of it. It was just so bad, and it was like at that point I was like, oh my gosh, like this is insane. And then I remember I was out with Jordan Davis singing Midnight Crisis, and we were out on the Lukecomb's tour and that was like my job to go out and sing Midnight Crisis with Jordan. It was so fun, so fun. And that was like when we were not together but still fighting all the time. It was like we still were in contact. And I get a fan. Actually, a couple DMed me and they were like, hey girl. So we were at Kava and I know this was your boyfriend, but I know this isn't you, and they were like wrapped around each other just waiting to get food. I got that after I got off stage, and I got that DM, and I.
Speaker 3: Just living with your gut falling down all the time. You're just like swallowing.
Speaker 2: My body is just being destroyed.
Speaker 1: So after you got off stage, you got that text.
Speaker 2: I got that DM, and my best friend Kyle was with me and I just handed. I didn't even say anything. I just handed on the phone. And if you're like living your dreams on stage, we were having so much fun living keaven and hell at the same time, seriously, and we were having so much fun. And that's just as does the devil does. He's like, hey, you're having a good time and you're trying to like live your life, but never mind, we ruin it for you. Yeah, And so.
Speaker 3: So you were like actually in complete turmoil while living some of the best moments ever life.
Speaker 2: So that for your body a mental like that.
Speaker 3: So you're going high to load and I to load just like on a regular basis, what happened to your body, what happened to your mental health?
Speaker 2: So bad? It was so bad.
Speaker 1: That was the breakdown.
Speaker 2: I was so low. That's when I wrote Monster, and that's when all these songs came about.
Speaker 1: Monster was when you were like in the darkness that was a special place. Was that that too?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That was like it related a lot to it and just and my mental health was so just down the drain and so a lot of it. I had to learn how to get back up?
Speaker 1: And how did you close that chapter? Like what was so?
Speaker 2: So I found somebody new and I is that who.
Speaker 1: You're with now? So because the one you're with now is so.
Speaker 2: Amazing, cute, so amazing.
Speaker 1: I got the chance to hang out with him. What a little stud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's amazing and great guy.
Speaker 1: Feels like yeah husband material filling green flags and red flags.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, finally, well you deserve it, thank you, yes you do, thank you.
Speaker 1: You worked hard for this.
Speaker 2: Thank you. So like yeah, fast forward.
Speaker 1: It was just a lot and it was there like a final moment.
Speaker 2: Though there there was and and it didn't end off good. But then I had a moment where I was like, you know, I still very much like care about this person and his mental Like number one, I'm like, I just hope he's okay. And I found out a lot more stuff, like towards the end where he met a girl and she was four months pregnant.
Speaker 1: Is that were Wedding Our Funeral came into play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're getting married and I still follow a lot of the family, and you know, it's I have no ties to him at all, Like I just does not hit you emotionally. At first, I was like, well, this is weird, and because I know there was some overlap, and so I'm like, wish.
Speaker 1: So the best he woke got awakening?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So like Wedding Our Funeral because that's a big powerful song. That song like knocked me out when I heard that one, and I just love that you are not here to play. You're like, this is me. I am showing up in my truth. I am going to sing these songs that hit. So I mean, just hit the chord, hit the nerve and the lyrics and this it's just phenomenal, Like Wedding Our Funeral if that, I mean that song stops you in your tracks and your voice is insane?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Was that kind of freeing to have that? It was?
Speaker 2: It was it was like the point, it was like the moment in the record and then just the song. It's like I don't really care anymore. It's like this is this is your your bed and mess to deal with, and it's like, yeah, it's sad to see, but you're like, it's either going to be a wedding or a funeral. I don't have to deal with it anymore. It's very haunting. It's like two black Cadillacs kind of thing. I love it. I love it. It's a vibe Daniel.
Speaker 3: But like what I was just sort of saying, like so much intensity has been packed into your life. You're growing up, you know, I feel like growing up as intense as it is, but like you just like we're.
Speaker 1: On a supercharge, supercharge, you.
Speaker 3: Know, in fame, and then you're having this incredibly supercharged relationship that a lot of people don't deal with that kind of toxicity. I mean there's a lot of toxic relationships, but I mean you really got a big one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you really.
Speaker 1: Learned a lot of lessons.
Speaker 2: I know a lot, and I know everybody has their own stories and toxic relationships, but in my moment, I was like, I feel like I am this is the worst thing ever in the world. So a lot of I mean, it brought me a lot of inspiration and just a lot of you know, self learning, because it's crazy coming from that to what I have now.
Speaker 1: Okay, so how do we meet Eli? Okay? Eli is so cute. So you did get to meet his so frong and handsome, so nice. He's so dreamy and he's so like supportive, like he just came. I was just like hanging out with you. He really is.
Speaker 3: He just I felt like he just loves to be with you. And he's like a yeah, he's like brilliant.
Speaker 1: He's like a tech person or something. Right.
Speaker 3: Well, he's like a recruiter for sports team. So he I don't know, I'm all over the place. It's something that's not music. So he yeah, he's not in music.
Speaker 2: And he was a football player and then got out of that and now he's a project manager for He's still in the sports world, but it like the graphic design type of things, right, It's really cool. Yeah, So I met him on Broadway. I was a Broadway girl.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 3: I've met all my boyfriends and husband's only one on at bars. You know, it's really it's still it's still it still works out sometimes.
Speaker 2: I just like it was and I wasn't even drunk or anything. I was just out with some friends and obviously single, and I was not looking for anybody. I was like, my guard is cemented. I'm like, I am over this. I'm tired. I'm just chains around, finally gained.
Speaker 1: Good weight, I had a butt. I was like, I'm like, I know that.
Speaker 3: You said you've had like people picked on you, but you have the most beautiful body I've ever.
Speaker 1: Seen it in my life.
Speaker 2: And face it's, you know, a roller coaster.
Speaker 1: But revenge is nice for you because you are definitely winning across the board.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm feeling I'm comfortable right now, and no one bothered me. I was just I was having fun with friends, feeling myself. Yeah, And I like and back then, I drinking alcohol hurt me because I was just like my stomach I had stomach issues because of all that. Yes, so I was finally being able to have some drinks. I was just I was good. I was in a good place and We're out on a All Leans rooftop and I was we were just sitting at a table and we see all these like tall, very handsome men walk in and I'm like, oh, they're cute, and I'm I'm very like shy when it comes to guys because I won't walk up to you, I won't whatever. And so we were just admiring from Afar and I was like, that one in the black shirt is cue. You had to like a chain and the hat, and I was like, he's very handsome, and I just like didn't even I did not even think anything of it. We weren't all freaking out or we just we were just having like a subtle girl conversation.
Speaker 1: Gaggle of hot guys walking though.
Speaker 2: I mean that is it's like they look like football players, like they're tall whatever.
Speaker 1: That would get me a little. I'm like, we're crazy. Oh my god, you're taking it back to my dating gage.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, that's just like a win when you're out with your girls and you're feeling good.
Speaker 2: Yea guy.
Speaker 1: And then here comes a hurt of the I'm like.
Speaker 2: Oh, and you're just you're literally sitting we're sitting at a table, and we're just kind of like, alright, all right, and so he so we just go about our conversation and sure enough they freeze and I look over and he's walking our way and he very politely introduced himself to.
Speaker 1: Look's right up to you all.
Speaker 2: Yeah he had Now he's like I was tipsy, So that helped because he's not like that either, and he was like I So he introduced himself to all my friends and then he came around to me and he was like, but can I have your number?
Speaker 1: And I was like, so you felt that you picked him out and he picked you out. And then he came over and said, can I have your number?
Speaker 2: Pall Z I know, I know, and I love hearing the story now like now that we're dating, and I just like and how he tells it. He was like, I literally was about to leave. We're with some friends because they were in town for a bachelor thing and I was feeling tipsy and I saw you before I left, and I was like I can'tnot say anything. And I was like, oh, I love that, Like say it again, but he yeah, And it's cool is he did not linger. He like got my number and he was like, all right, well you'll have a wonderful night. Like he just went about his thing.
Speaker 1: Then how did he contact you?
Speaker 2: So he texted me and he was like uh, because he went to go follow me on Instagram.
Speaker 1: And he didn't know that you were Daniel Bradbury, so he didn't know, which is also great.
Speaker 2: I know, I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he found out real fast, but yes, so he.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he texted me. And the first thing he texted me because he went and followed me, He's like, wait, you're a singer and.
Speaker 1: Very good singer.
Speaker 2: He was like, I've I've heard some of your songs before and I was like, yeah, and so now I know this. But he him and his buddy Jake went home and looked me up on YouTube because he was like, I was a little worried because everybody's a singer, that whole thing. And he was like, I was, we checked you out and he was like I had already watched your Stop Dragging your Boots music video and I was like, that is awesome. That is so awesome. Oh a good video. He was like, so I I had already knew, but when I met you, I didn't know that that was you. I was like, I love that. Yeah. So but it was a very slow burn. I did not we did not like do anything. We didn't talk like date.
Speaker 1: Right away while you're making out real fast.
Speaker 2: No, no, we're not even gonna kiss. How not like we were just hanging out.
Speaker 1: How do you not just like mugged down with you? There's very hard not to. There's nerves.
Speaker 2: He even told me, he was like, I was still trying to figure you out because I really had a wall. I was like, I am not letting anybody in until I know Danielle.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're intimidating. If I was a dude too, Nerus freaked out.
Speaker 1: You're so gorgeous, You're so like, your style is so incredible, your voice is incredible. I mean, you were a lot. You have to be very confident to pursue you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was. It was like the feelings were very like mutual. We were trying to both play it cool, but we weren't. And he, you know, he has a really really fun group of friends from like college and football and my group of friends, like we all meshed really well, and we all were like it was football season when we met, so we would all go out to like barstool and watch the game. He played for Tennessee and Georgia, so we were like rooting the Tennessee. It was just a fun environment. So we got to be like kind of friends first which I liked, and I you know, he played in the NFL, which was really cool, but then got out. But yeah, it was like it was cool to like get to know him, get to know the whole thing.
Speaker 1: How was the first kiss? I've got to know? When the fireworks?
Speaker 2: It was a dare. I felt like I was in high school again, like they all his friends and my friends were getting so frustrated the fact that we didn't like.
Speaker 1: Long had y'all like been hanging out before you made out?
Speaker 2: Oh it was it was like months a while, like months, not a month, but we got us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are like talking a lot, hanging out and kiss and the first time we like hung out by our ourselves, like it was in his apartment and we just he like wanted to know kind.
Speaker 2: Of like why I was so guarded and so we I told him. I didn't get in too much detail, but we caught up that way and that was like her first time being one on one, Like it was just so different. Was it is.
Speaker 1: That where windows came about? After that song?
Speaker 5: No moment, because I feel like, no, it must have gone well and no, and again like I won't go into detail, but we didn't do anything until like dating.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, you were like no, yeah, And he wasn't like he respected me. He was very respectful. But you know, we had that conversation to come up a few times and he was like, there are points where I was like, I'm going to leave her alone because I don't know if she likes me or not, because I was just so like so he fought for it, but I enjoyed him, like I was like, there's something about him. And I was obviously like I was keeping it in the back of my mind, but we were just I was like, I need to know I'm not getting in myself in these situations. Again, good for you. So yeah, and then sure enough, like the affection started to get more and more and I was like, okay, I am really falling for him.
Speaker 1: And you felt you could trust it.
Speaker 2: I felt like I could trust it. And then he felt like it got to a point where he could ask me. So he took me to Hall's Steakhouse. If you've ever been to Nashville, you should go. It's amazing. And he was so nervous, Oh my, oh my god. And when I'm under pressure, I get nervous. I kind of shut down to the point where I don't have an emotion, okay, I just kind of and that freaked him out even more. And so I was just like sitting there having a espresso martini and I was just whatever. And he was like, so you like me and I like you, why don't we just date?
Speaker 5: And I was like you dot art yeah, and I go okay, and I that was this.
Speaker 1: Okay, how long ago?
Speaker 2: Was October third, So we're almost a year. So we're coming up on a year.
Speaker 1: And has it been like besides just like our relationship, has it been great?
Speaker 2: It's been nine day difference really would have been the would have been the green flags and the good just is a man, okay, I mean love scream that ot the rooftops greenmit girl. He's a man. I don't have to take care of him.
Speaker 1: Love that he is.
Speaker 2: He has a more. Our personalities are total opposites, but I think that works in a way. Like I am super affectionate with my words and just physically and like I will show you I like I really care about you and love you, and he didn't. Really he's not that way, but he he's like, obviously we're dating and we love each other, so it's there. But at first he's very serious. He can be silly and everything, but drinking kind of helped him, like whatever. He wasn't shy, he was just kind of more like I'm a man and I don't.
Speaker 4: Need to like whatever on Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so that was a lot to get used to at first. But yeah, he's just I mean, he does things for me, like he'll wash the dishes. This is all very big for me. So that's why I'm like, it's dramatic, like he washes the dishes, he helps me make my bed, like he takes my trash out, like he does things for me. You know, it's just thoughtful.
Speaker 1: He's thankful. He's thinking of what would be helpful in your life. And I don't have to ask, like how have you changed since being in this relationship and how has he impacted your music?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Is he a part of Danielle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's more more to come. I'm not gonna say anything. I'm a little surprised, but.
Speaker 1: I heard you singing a little bit of something on TikTok about a new song coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought, very exciting. Yeah, I'm excited for that.
Speaker 1: But how has he impacted you and your music.
Speaker 2: So I kind of said it earlier, but it has been the most learning lesson for me, Like now the hard like mirrors turned on me because he like he hadn't dated anyone for four years before me, Like obviously he's all people and whatever, but he just wasn't going to get in a relationship. Was picky.
Speaker 3: Amazing, I know, and especially like as a dude, a young dude, to be able to just be like no, I'm just not going to like yeah and SUPs a day for you really here with very relationship, Verry.
Speaker 2: So it was very refreshing to hear that. And it's just been a learning learning curve because coming from what I did to to a healthy relationship, I put a lot of blame on him that he doesn't deserve. Like that's been a hard oh, he we've gotten We've gone through a lot of conversations where he's like, Danielle, you have got to trust me or this won't work because.
Speaker 1: That's so hard because you're supposed to trust my last one so hard. I'm not that guy.
Speaker 2: I'm not that guy, and I you know, we've had those hard conversations where like he and obviously like that is so frustrating for somebody to like question and be like on the fence and like all that stuff. Like I see where the frustration comes from him. And so I don't like you've got to take a deep look inside. Oh yeah, and I still it's still we're in the middle of it.
Speaker 1: What are you seeing in there?
Speaker 2: Like I do? Oh, it's you know, there's a lot of work. I just I have a lot of insecurities that I've gained. Like I am naturally a very you know, I'm I'm confident. I don't I'm I don't want to look like anybody else, Like I'm I like what I have. But there those relationships had, you know, made me insecure. If you know a guy is going to go and be with other girls that don't look like you, that makes you a little insecure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, it makes you feel like it's simply physically based instead of you are as a human being. That's been a big thing because physical is obviously amazing, but it's like it's about you as a human connecting. Yeah, so you probably maybe didn't feel like your value.
Speaker 2: No, And there are moments where I've had to check myself where I'm like, oh my god, I don't I don't have this. I don't have that.
Speaker 3: For everyone in the world would die to look like you, like you and have your sweetness.
Speaker 1: I mean, you are a ten out of ten out of ten out of ten.
Speaker 2: Thank you. But you know, there are moments where I would just be really in my head. And so I brought a lot of what those guys made me feel into thinking Eli's going to do the same to me, and he's going to make me feel like this, and what does he seeing all these other girls? And I've had these real thoughts and real conversations like I and and so to the point where he it's like gotten ridiculous where I'm like why did I just say that? Like why did I just bring that up? And so I've had to I've had to learn. I've had to really, you know, like really put myself in time out sometimes where I'm like okay, like okay, I've had to really swallow my pride with you know, how I talk, you know, about things into him and tell him like I do have some securities and I'm really trying to work it out. And he's also had to show, you know, patience, and it's been like the most healthy and like growing relationship I've ever experienced. I mean, I'm twenty eight, but you know, everything that I've been through, it's you know, crazy.
Speaker 3: Is your intuition when you really go into your intuition? Is your intuition like feeling so great though less compared? You know, because like your intuition always knows oh yeah, and now you feel secure I do. You can always come back.
Speaker 2: So anytime I feel anything, I'm like, I know it's not him. He's not making me feel this way. It's my fight or flight and the anxiety giving me those gut like is this a gut feeling or is this just anxiety? Like I've had to really find that balance and figure out the two because fight or flight mode and getting out of that is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. It is the hardest thing because every little thing I'm like, oh my god, is he doing this? And I travel so I'm like, is he doing this? Is he talking to this girl?
Speaker 1: You're having to.
Speaker 3: Do all of this while you were like presenting your whole life in front of the public.
Speaker 1: That is a lot to navigate, Danielle.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're navigating these insane relationships while you're on stage and you're navigating your career at the same time, Like this is a lot and you're growing up from a teenager into a woman.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're changing your style, You're coming into your sound, You're coming into who you are as a woman as as a believing in yourself in all ways.
Speaker 1: You're obviously you part of ways like record deals too. I don't know, have you had multiple records? You no, you see you were with Big Machines was the first time and now you're independent.
Speaker 2: So it's scary.
Speaker 1: How was that?
Speaker 3: Because Danielle is like independent, you are putting this album out by yourself. This is your music. It's country, but there's like R and B, there's soul, there's pop. There's a lot of sounds coming in this album. Like there is like you're pushing yourself. You're pushing you know, the genre in a way that it's you. So how has that been transitioning from being with the label to now being independent and putting up this album independently.
Speaker 2: It's been a change. Like I've been, you know, with Big Machines since I literally walked off the voice stage. I met them and that was the family. I walked into and so that's all I've known. And so yeah, it's this new album is a lot of like okay, like I've this is what I've learned, you know, just being and experiencing all of this, and now I'm like, okay, let's take everything I've learned and just like experiment. Now. I think that's what needs to happen best for me. And you know, I will say, like they've been so supportive, and everyone's been so supportive, and that's more than I could ever ask for. And you know, I hate bad blood. I hate you know, just any bitterness. I hate that. Like I want everyone to feel good no matter what.
Speaker 1: Sometimes seasons and chapters just close.
Speaker 2: That's exactly, Yes, that's exactly like you know the phase that we've come to, and it's been it's been fun, like just to see what I can do and you know, the music that I'm able to do and and write and whatever come across to and and just like I've never had to have like the like what genre am I in? Or make sure like this song sounds like this, Like it's been so freeing to just like just make the music and not have agenda. Yeah, so it's been it's been fun.
Speaker 1: It's been like terrifying too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh the anxiety I've had before the coming this record coming out, like poor Eli.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: He's like steady as a horse. He's got back with him. You need, I need, and he.
Speaker 2: Is he handles he handles his emotions a little too well, like sometimes I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, show me that fire, show me something.
Speaker 2: Now we laugh and talk about it all the time, but I uh, I need that because I'm like off the hand, I'm like, I'm my anxiety.
Speaker 4: I can't sleep.
Speaker 2: I you know, my stomach is just everything I eat hurts it. Like I'm freaking out. I'm freaking out. And He's just like here, He's just here and he's like, you know, tell it, talks me through it. And I have an amazing, you know, support system with my family, and so I talk to them all the time about it. And it was it was terrifying.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I had a full on breakdown moment the day before I flew out to New York. This was just like a week ago where I was like, I'm crying and I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Why what do you think was giving you the most anxiety?
Speaker 2: I think I was just overwhelmed with emotions. I'm like, all of this time and all of this even personal, and just like everything that I've experienced is all now like come to this point and you know, being off being a solo, you know, album and having songs that I'm just like, this has never felt so good. And then you're like, I hope people love it, and I hope it you know, I hope it succeeds, and there's just so many things going through my head, and I think that's it got to I was packing and I was on FaceTime with my mom and my sister, and I.
Speaker 4: Was like, I was like, I'm I like, I feel like crying.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: And they were like, just let it out.
Speaker 2: You're it's all going to be fine, but You're just you're overwhelmed, and I was like, yeah, I am. I was like, I just I'm so overwhelmed. A part of me is scared, but.
Speaker 1: Not in like the like oh my god.
Speaker 2: It was just it was, you know, I don't know how to even explain it. I was just it was a scary but emotional and exciting feeling all at once.
Speaker 3: So you've obviously experienced already some of the biggest highs you can can have in a career, Like you won one of the biggest competitive shows in America, The Voice at the youngest age possible. Yea, You've signed to one of the best labels ever. You've had songs out, You've toured with everyone, and you've had these high, high high moments you went straight into like talk shows and TV shows and all that you had the highest of highs.
Speaker 1: What is the goal for you now? Like, what is success for you? Now?
Speaker 3: Now that you know you've seen behind the veil, you know the highs and the lows?
Speaker 1: What are you if you're going.
Speaker 3: To have a successful career to play out how you wanted? What does success look like to you?
Speaker 2: Know? Well, you know, it's been such a crazy roller coaster because I've kind of had to you know, I know what that feels like. But now I'm not at square one. But sometimes it does feel like that, And you're like, Okay, so I have this new and twenty eight year old version of me, Like, Okay, how am I going to present her to the world.
Speaker 1: I feel like Danielle has arrived. I mean you are so you have arrived.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's just a lot of you know, I just I want to show that you can be very vulnerable. I want to show that you can be super honest and not have to have this like mask on because I genuinely, genuinely like I cannot being fake or being like any like acting about like I can't. I genuinely just I can't do it. And my mom has even like kicked me under the table because I show my emotions on my face. I can't hide anything. I can't. Ever, She's like, Danielle, you looked, you.
Speaker 4: Just looks like you didn't want to.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm sorry, I just I can't. But I just, you know, I just want to like just have that all throughout my music and show like, yeah, these are like real things I've been through, and when you go through something so just heartbreaking, you don't have to like bash the guy. You just here's like a perspective, like on my side of it, like you can deal with heartbreak this way, and like, I just I love That's where the experimenting part of it is. Where I love just finding different ways that you can sing about things or talk about things, and maybe not many people hear it in like that way or just like I'm kind of bouncing around all over the place right now. But I just like I want to pave a way that's just different and honest and real and yeah and just like, yeah, I don't even know. There's just a lot that I want to do, even outside of music. Like, I love fashion.
Speaker 1: I experience your fashion is phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I experienced my very first New York Fashion Week. Literally just this past week was it, and it was really it was a whole different world. It was really cool to take you there. It was just we went to for an events. I got to go to a fashion show and watch them walk down the you know, runway, and I'm just like, I feel so out of place. But also I'm like this is so cool to take in and just learn about it. But uh, yeah, I just like I want to do stuff like like that and and do different.
Speaker 3: Things that you know, all go under this one creative umbrella and give a lot of little facets that you want to pursue. Yes, And I feel like, and I'll wrap up because we're already at an hour and I freaking I love talking to.
Speaker 1: You so much.
Speaker 3: But do you feel like there was like a little bit of a detox that had to happen. We had Maddie and tay On earlier and they started super young also, and it's like they had to like overcome this hurdle of like finding themselves and kind of like unplugging from the machine that they were plugged into. Because when you start, you have the actual voice, but like your voice of.
Speaker 1: What you want to say isn't fully there. You know.
Speaker 3: Was that a season for you where you had to go? Is that like in this past six years you've kind of just been on this journey.
Speaker 2: I've had to definitely like just it like demolition like a house basically kind of like start over, right.
Speaker 3: You had to get rid of a lot of probably people, teammates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I've had to you know, move some things around a little bit, because you know, I mean that's just life. I feel like, no matter what, and not even in the industry, like just in life, you have to you can't do things with with old you just have to kind.
Speaker 3: Of but that transition period when you're changing from one way and you're like waking up.
Speaker 1: Into because you're so used to it. Oh, it's so it's so hard on It's.
Speaker 2: Like cliche, like you just you have to be. You have to get out of your comfort zone or else you're not gonna.
Speaker 1: You'll die on that vine.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: It's so true though until you actually experience it, it's hard to You're like, oh no, like that's scary, or you don't want to put yourself there, but you it's it has to be done.
Speaker 1: Are you so proud of yourself for the way?
Speaker 2: And I am very future.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of work mentally too, like a lot of mental health work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were times where I'm like this is low, this is very low, and so I had to really, like you know, get out of that. So I'm very proud of myself.
Speaker 3: I'm so proud of you, Danielle. How do you recharge? How do you take care of yourself? I love being outside, I love nature. I love just being obviously with Eli, and I have a dog that I'm very obsessed with, Leo.
Speaker 2: I'm so obsessed with him. So I love me and just with them and with my family and just yeah, I love my alone time and just like just being with myself and I yeah, I'm I'm really such an introvert, but you.
Speaker 1: Love such an extrovert. Yeah, it's hard to an introvert extrovert a little bit abound. Simone comes out.
Speaker 2: Someone comes out. I'll hit points where I'm like, Okay, I gotta I gotta go recharge, and then I'll be I'll be back. But yeah, I've definitely found a balance, and like, just I try to really think about myself now because I used to not at all, and I struggle, like I'm a very like I put a lot of people before myself and I do that with friends, I do that with everybody, and so I'm like, no, no, I care about you.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 4: But I'm like I.
Speaker 1: Got audres because I have. Yeah, you can't let you know what it's like to let it. You've pulled yourself out. You can't go back there again. Yes, once you've pulled yourself out and you know what it's like to experience that low and now you're so healthy, it's like you have to protect yourself. Yeah, you have to. I'm so freaking proud of you. Danielle.
Speaker 3: And this album, Danielle, the album that's out is so phenomenal.
Speaker 1: It's so great. It's just so good. Oh my god, the vibe is so great, it's so sexy, it's so real. You're just hitting on a Broken Boy. I mean, what a great song.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's so great the lyrics. I feel like you're just not scared. To be really honest, I love it, and I'm I'm getting to know you and we've gotten to see you grow up, and I'm so excited for you that you're entering this chapter where you are fully in control and you can feel it, like the way you present yourself, the way you're presenting your music, this relationship you're in, like you have like literally taken a hold of your vehicle and you are driving it. You are in charge, and you are setting the tone and you're putting yourself out there and the way that you want to be presented, and it's so exciting to see. I'm just so excited that you're feeling so great and that you're so healthy and you're such a healthy spot with it, because it takes a while to get there.
Speaker 2: It takes a while, and I'm still like, I haven't mastered it. I'm definitely in the process of it, but I am.
Speaker 3: But you're on the road a lot better than on the right road, yes, And it's going in the right places. And I just feel like this is honestly, like the beginning, I feel like you're about to burst into this next level.
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 1: So I really do, I really do, Danielle. I'm so excited for you. So Danielle's out. Yes, there's more to come.
Speaker 2: I'm just not to come. So pay attention.
Speaker 1: And are you? Are you touring right now? So I'm doing these album release shows.
Speaker 2: So I did New York, I'm about to do La Chicago, and then I'll be in Nashville, So please come.
Speaker 1: Yes, freaking love it. Okay.
Speaker 3: I always wrap up with leave your Light, and it's just a super open ended question. Okay, what do you want people to know? How do you want to inspire people?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man, this is actually I love this question because I and I know a lot of people have their different feels and things about it, and it's a whole nother world. But I am so into my faith and I am really like I've always been into my faith for my entire life and it's just in my family. But I've recently watched The Chosen. Have you heard about that?
Speaker 1: Is that where people vanish?
Speaker 2: People will manage It's no, it's the story of Jesus.
Speaker 1: Like people are on airplanes that they vanished because they were okay, okay, like Jesus was the chosen Jesus. Yes, okay.
Speaker 2: So it's a series and I Eli and I actually have been watching it every night and has been very good for us.
Speaker 1: So you'll faith is strong together, very strong. Oh key, I love that. I mean key, I feel like, do youeel like that's kind of like crucial.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that has been such a huge that's like attractive. That is so attractive.
Speaker 3: Having a strong faith is actually the most attractive because you know that, like nothing is going to shake them because they're faith.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so strong, yes, And I feel like I know a lot, but he knows more than me and I'm like, oh, teach me. Okay.
Speaker 1: So it's an inspiring little relationships. Oh so I know, yes, I know.
Speaker 2: So we've we've recently and it's been around for a while and they're actually about to come out the season five. But it's like kind of open this new perspective and door for me and you could on this album is about God and having a conversation with him because.
Speaker 3: You're asking God to change this toxic relationship but he doesn't obviously, yes.
Speaker 2: And so I feel like in a way. I just I want to leave a path with you know that topic, and if I can somehow leave an impact because this world is so scary. It is. It is so scary, and there have been things that I've watched recently and just it it's a very interesting like there's a lot of darkness, there's a lot of there's a lot of things to be afraid of.
Speaker 1: A lot when you have God enlighten you.
Speaker 2: I have that, and for me personally, it makes me feel at peace. It makes me feel like I can take a deep breath, and I'm like, if I can do that for people and kind of let them walk away thinking differently, then I want to do that.
Speaker 3: I love that, Danielle, and I could not support you more because I feel like, especially in the same age, when you are a light and you are so confident in your faith and like no, no, no, that God is so real.
Speaker 1: It took me a long time.
Speaker 3: To like I always knew God was real, right, but like I had to go on a big journey to feel it for myself. Oh yeah, And then once you feel the truth of God, it's like Okay, nothing can shake it because you know it to be real for yourself.
Speaker 1: And it's like that's all you want people to know, fel but that you have to get that true feeling, not just what you've been taught or passed down, but like the true feeling of God.
Speaker 3: Because once that's in your life, Yeah, it really makes you. Like you're saying about Eli, just sturdy and strong. You can't be shaken. I know, well the world can shake you, but you always come back right right, right, So I feel like in the world we live in.
Speaker 2: Now, we could we give you some of that.
Speaker 1: So heck yes, when to use your voice for good. Yeah, you're amazing.
Speaker 3: I mean you're so amazing. I freaking love you. Danielle gratulation we go way did do the.
Speaker 1: Work girl, daniel Bradberry, You're amazing. Do you know what you're going on? Of course?
Speaker 2: Yay. Hey then