Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode one thirty What's Right with Nick Right Podcast YouTube show like great subscribe review on YouTube. Evidently there's a thumbs up thing I've been I'm supposed to have been telling you guys to check out, do that, click that hit the bell. So you know when we go live. We rarely do Wednesday shows. We're doing this show on Wednesday because we couldn't do it on Monday because I was hosting The Herd. We're also gonna have a show tomorrow. Then we're gonna be dark for a bit because I'm gonna be out of town. Also on Tomorrow's show. We should have some updates on what this show is going to look like, sound like, and feel like over the next few months as demands transitions to the West Coast. But we have a ton to get too, so as we always do, let's discuss what is not on today's show. What's not on the show? Is Britney Griner officially re signing with the Phoenix Mercury Show. Hey, Otani's gonna explore free agency and any NBA topics or not on today's show. We're gonna dive into all of that's the NBA stretch run hits us on tomorrow's show. Tomansey, what is on today's show? What are we leading with?
Speaker 3: Well? You went mia last week. We were supposed to do the pod on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Oh on Thursday, I went missing, So I can explain that, but go ahead, yeah, yeah, So were you invited to.
Speaker 4: The Celebrity All Star Game and just didn't tell us?
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny you asked that I wasn't, But I did kind of feel I gotta felt like, yeah, I got I got an email from the people at two K NBA two K. They're like, hey, we're doing something with the All Star game. Are you gonna be in Salt Lake blah blah blah, And I was like, oh sweet, they're gonna be like you want to be in the Celebrity All Star Game. But that wasn't it and I wasn't there, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: So was there a chance that you were partying with Mahomes and Travis Kelsey?
Speaker 2: Okay, so, okay, that's a ridiculous photoshop. This is why you should watch on YouTube. What am I wearing a toga in that? Yeah? So so here's the deal. I'm gonna tell you why I didn't do the show Thursday. So the plan was to do the show Thursday. Yeah, I had a six am flight out of Kansas City. That would have I would have landed at La Guardi at nine thirty in the morning and been here in plenty of time for the show. Wednesday night was a long night, which you know, I would imagine we'll get into However, I got to the airport and plenty of time, got up or didn't get up, never went to bed, got to the airport, got on my flight, immediately went to sleep, woke up like two and a half hours later and we'd landed and I was like this is perfect. We're early, like because Kansas City they supposed to land at nine thirty. It was like nine o'clock. And I was like, this is perfect. And I stand up and I stretch and I look back. I should yeah, I mean look back. I kind of exposed myself there. So I was in first class and your mom and sister were not, And so I back to where they are, like hey, or we should probably get off, and your mom's like shaking her head. The plane is not taken off. We have been on the runway for two and a half hours because the runway was icy. And then I was like groggy and confused. So I just went back to bed and I was like, well, this is you know, there's nothing I can do at this point. Well, you know, I'm going to get some more sleep. But then when I did wake up mid flight, there was no Wi Fi. There was no nothing. You were worried. You didn't know where anybody was. The TV and podcast people didn't know what was going on. So that's my bad, But that was not my fault. That was not due to your responsibility. That was simply due to the Kansas City runway getting iced over and me falling asleep, right.
Speaker 3: I got to the Kansas City runway the next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it will weather changes, weather changes hour to hour.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, all right, So tell us about the parade. What happened after?
Speaker 2: Okay? So the parade was unbelievable. There were a few things. I'm not gonna get into all the details of it. I wasn't able to actually be in the parade the as far as like the actual like buses and golf carts and stuff. There was some weird stuff with the local television affiliate in Kansas City that had bought the rights to the parade, thought that if I was in there, like I was gonna be broadcasting and they weren't a Fox affiliate. So I said, screw it. We did our show from you know, twenty feet from where the players were gonna be on stage. So and there were already a couple hundred thousand people that are waiting for that portion of it, so we I did that and took I don't know where they found all these pictures. I guess people posted them on Twitter if you're watching on YouTube. I took probably ten thousand stretch, but a couple hundred pictures. Saw a bunch of Kansity people. It was truly un believable. And then there's the moment that our wonderful social media producer Laurie put together, which is the Kelsey and Mahomes stuff, So we can, I think, show you these videos and I think there's even so here's Mahomes. So this is when they're getting off the bus getting ready to go up on stage. I'm getting ready to go take my spot to do the TV show. And believe it or not, this year what you're seeing, what you've seen on social is my first time, first time seeing Patrick in person. But you know, he and I have had, you know, a texting and kind of media relationship for the last few years. He obviously was feeling good and having a good time, had a few beers on the bus and was very happy to see me. And then my guy Travis Kelsey, who prior to this day I had never even texted with. He was very happy to see me. And the jacket I'm wearing was a little background there. He when they won the Super Bowl three years ago. He was wearing a twenty thousand dollars Louis Vauton fur coat and it had a very similar pattern as that jacket I was wearing, except his was black. I had I guess I have text with him a bit because I tried to buy it from him a year later, and he said because I was like, you're never gonna wear it again, because somebody had meant it wasn't out of nowhere. Someone had mentioned it, and so he gave me a lead in and I was like, yo, maybe I should, you know, see if he'll sell it to toe and he was like, I might need he said, I got I'm gonna hold on to it. I might need it again. So I thought. I was like, you know what, I think he's probably gonna wear that coat again. So I knew I was listen. I wasn't gonna buy a twenty thousand dollars jacket, but I was like, I can get something that's similar. That's kind of an as I said, homage to his previous thing. And it went exactly I thought it would, which was while everyone was like you wearing Broncos colors, blah blah blah, I was like, my guy, the greatest tite end ever is going to recognize the hat tip to his previous take what he wore to the parade a few years ago.
Speaker 3: So next year, are you gonna wear a WWE built?
Speaker 2: Oh so I like that. You're already assuming the Chiefs are gonna win the Super Bowl next year. I agree with you on that. I'm not certain, but then you know, so then we did the show, and then that was that, and then your mom and I went out to dinner, and then I would say, you know, and I think we have that there was We'll go ahead and ask your other questions that I can talk about the evening that.
Speaker 3: Was Did you ever end up touching the Lombardi Trophy?
Speaker 2: No, and I wouldn't even if I had the opportunity. You're not supposed touch it unless you win it. It's not the what you're not. You're not supposed to You're not supposed to touch a championship trophy unless you want it or have won one.
Speaker 4: Well, isn't don't they say, like affiliates of the States are like also like allowed to touch it, Like if you like are like a president or something like that.
Speaker 2: Sure, or if you're you know, if you are at all employed by the Chiefs or any of that stuff. But I'm none of that.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have any type of jurisdiction in Kansas City at this.
Speaker 2: Point, well, I mean, could I win my friend Quintin's term is over. Could I run for mayor? Maybe? By the way, Oh, I didn't tell you this prior to our show. While we were waiting for the chiefs to arrive, I was outside talking to people and I'd go inside to warm up, back and forth. Your mom and your auntie Deanna were with me, obviously, and they had the best seats in the house. Yeah, they were sitting one row directly in front of Jackson mahomes Uh. They had the best seats in the house for the speeches. But in the interim, we were in this if we wanted to be in this little like holding area. And the mayor of Casey, who's my high school buddy, came in and then introduced me and your mom to the governor of Missouri, who I'm not a big fan of, and the governor of Kansas, who I'm a huge fan of. The Governor of Kansas's a little older lady. And then they, you know, they, your mom comes over, We take pictures whatever then and this will this the audience won't appreciate this quite as much as demands will. Then your auntie comes over and start, I don't know, has a ten minute, loud conversation with the governor of Kansas, who at some point says to her, so and she was so nice, and your auntie's my favorite person in the world, said to her, So, who are you again? And Deanna's just out of her mind wearing two Chiefs jerseys, so happy and I don't think she knew at the time he was talking to it was so good. Uh So we did all that, then we do the show, then we go home. Now go ahead, nastal So.
Speaker 3: You went to the club? What happened there?
Speaker 2: So this was interesting. So the night before I had texted Patrick and said, just got to Kansas City, you know, like, what's going on tonight? And he said, all my way to Travis's.
Speaker 4: So you're texting Patrick Mahomes is this Like is this what?
Speaker 3: Go ahead? Twitter?
Speaker 2: It's d MS dams And He's like, all my way to Travis's. Not sure what we're doing, I'll let you know. Then I get to kana Land, your mom and I go out. He doesn't hit me back, and I'm like, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna hit him, you know. I bother him again. Big night for him whatever, I should not be top of mine, no pride. So then the next day, your mom says, she's like, find out where the player, like where the player party is gonna be. And I'm like, I'm not gonna hit Patrick up a second time. And like I said, Kelsey and I, except for the one thing about the jacket, had never dm'd or anything. So she was like I was. I was like, I could hit up Travis. I was like, but he doesn't really be on Twitter, like, and she was like, all these guys are on Instagram and I'm never on Instagram. I was like, oh, that's interesting and this is mortifying for me. So I'm like, well, let me see if I can DM Travis on Instagram. I go to his Instagram page and it says he's following me and I'm not following him on instagramuse I don't really use an Instagram like that. And I'm like, oh, I'm such a dope. So so yeah, so I just hit I was like, hey, where's everybody at tonight? And instantly he must have been on right Then instantly he says we're all at Mosaic come through. So your mom, your auntie, and I mosaic and power and Light. So there's a bunch of parties going on in Power and Light, and then mosaic like is roped off, and like the outside lights are off as if nothing's going on, but it is clearly something going on. And I'm walking over and I'm like, I don't know, this could be this. We'll see how this works out. And as soon as I walk over, the guy security guy knew me or liked me or whatever, and we just went in and then I mean got a table and it was quite the evening. I mean, this happened. We can show you this, yea, so me. So this is we are standing. If you're not watching, there is if you ever been to a nightclub these days, when they bring out bottles, they there's sometimes signs like that Marketh, Yeah, our key exactly. And we're at the table and the bottle ladies bring out a bottle of champagne and the Marquis says, the committee warned you and it was sent by Mahomes and Kelsey and so you know that. I don't know, I don't know what other pictures I've shared, but then listen, I'm not gonna over talk here. But everyone was having a good time. Mahomes though, is Patrick Mahomes, so he has to be, even in this setting, you know, very cautious. So he I don't know. He probably left around midnight, but Travis stayed, and you know, was the life of the part to the point to where once again your I am hanging out with the offensive line and shout out to Create Humphrey because Creed Humphrey pulled me over and demanded he was like, you need to give Andrew Wiley his flowers. You need to give Orlando Brown his flowers. These guys kicked ass. Nobody ever talks about him. He was such a cool guy. But now I'm hanging out with three hundred plus pound offensive linemen and those guys can drink. And so I'm over in a different area and I get a text from your mom that says, look at the DJ booth. So I'm like what, And I turn and in the DJ booth is Travis, the DJ, your auntie and your mom. That's it. That's it, and they're just partying. And so that was the evening. So we were there until it was time to go to the airport. And that was the evening. And now one little addendum to the story. Travis is hosting Saturday Night Live a week from Saturday. Heidi Gardner, who is one of the stars of Saturday Night Live, is at Kansas Citian and invited me and your mom to be in her dressing room backstage for us and l But we're gonna be in Brazil, and so you can't go. But Travis is crushing, is just crushing and is like as nice of a dude as I've ever met in as far as celebrities, and so, yeah, it was a good night, good night. It was a good time.
Speaker 3: That's Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 2: You know. I thought about that and then I was like, I'm gonna actually just hold it in, reserve it, take your mom another night. So sorry about that that I can't give it to you, but that's fine.
Speaker 3: You may have not touched the trophy, but you may officially be a part of the team after that weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh, well there is this. This is a great picture on YouTube. This is the GM of the Chiefs holding the trophy facetiming with me shortly after winning the super Bowl. If you're watching on YouTube, none of this happens the Super Bowl or my involvement without Brett Viach, who was awesome. So listen, So there's the recap of my wild seventy two hours in Kansas City. It was as good of a professional moment and personal, professional kind of combined moment of my life. Like it was kind of the culmination in my life as a sports fan and my career where I got to go back home and be treated kind of like, you know, someone that really matters to my hometown. And then the two greatest athletes, with respect to George Brett and everyone, the two greatest athletes in my opinion, in the history of Kansas City, two guys that could go down as the goats at their respective positions. Malms and Kelsey really embraced me, and they embraced me in part because the rest of them they really bought into that. Nobody believed in the Chiefs except me, which is hilarious because they're not really a plucky underdog, but a lot of people throughout the year were doubting them and I wasn't one of them. Yeah, so it was great. All right, now we can do the actual show.
Speaker 3: Let's go ahead, all right, So the Ravens are giving Lamar the full run around, man everyone in the buildings keeps saying how much they want Lamar and value him. Their new offensive coordinator says he doesn't even mind if Lamar holds out, which is kind of weird because yeah, why not just pay him if that's the case. Do you think you think Lamar is gonna be traded? Right? But by delaying this as long as they have, can they even sealvage?
Speaker 2: Oh, they can definitely sell. They could get a ton for Lamar. I do think he's getting traded and we can go. We went so long, I don't even know if we'll go a full twelve minutes, so we might actually go under and over the clock in this first segment because the clock's showing up for the first time right now. But we're gonna go fast here. Uh, I don't even know they I don't think irreparable. The they wouldn't trying to be rude there, They're trying to be helpful. The it's not irreparable. If they pay him, if they give him two hundred million guaranteed, that'll fix it. But they don't want to. And I I believe this is ending in divorce, and you know, in real divorce or sports divorce, if it's ending in divorce. Delaying it helps no one. It doesn't help Lamar, it doesn't help the Ravens there are. You know, their leverage does go down and down. And even if he were to sign the franchise tag and agree to it, if he waits, which he's allowed to until a few days before the regular season, and then with a new offensive coordinator, whatever, new players, he's not in there, that does not set anyone up for success. So I if you don't want to pay him, I am certain there are teams that would, and they will trade you multiple first round picks for him. So this and let's say even their best case scenario, if you're Baltimore, you franchise tag him and he immediately signs it and comes to all the offseason stuff, that's their best case scenario. How can they all be confident that if he gets dinged near the end of the year, he's not gonna shut it down when it seems to me that's what happened this year. He had no long term security. He got hurt, so he didn't want to come back until he was one hundred percent, which with his style of play and with anybody style of play, particularly his That's gonna be a tough put.
Speaker 3: All right. Next, all right, my guy man, Daniel Jones Smitch Agents and now thinks he's worth forty five million dollars forty five million dollars a year. Uh huh, which would tie him with Patrick Mahomes is the fifth highest paid quarterback.
Speaker 2: Seems rich, seems a little robust.
Speaker 3: As a Daniel Jones stand. I think this is a little bit crazy, but I think we're in the right area. Okay. Meanwhile, say Quad also says he wants to test free agency. Are Jones and Barkley enough to build around or just dable already already needs to start over?
Speaker 2: Okay, the Daniel Jones forty five million dollar thing. And I said this on TV, but I this is it is a vintage example of what I call the bachelor party in Thailand scenario. So let me explain this to you. All right, Deman, say you're engaged in this metaphorical world. Okay, yeah, you want to have a bachelor party in Vegas. Okay, you know your fiance is gonna pitch a fit about that, wants you to just golfing low key weekend with your buddies. But you want to have a blowout in Vegas. What's the best way to accomplish that. Here's what you do. Okay, you tell no, I wasn't a quiz. You tell her, honey, I've thought about it. Me and the boys are going to Bangkok for my bachelor party, going to Thailand, which kind of known as like one of the wildest cities in the world. And then she goes back to Vegas and then she's like, are you kidding me? That's insane. No, Like, no, that's that's what we're doing. You can't do that, But fine, I guess we'll just go to Vegas. You're damn right, you're just going to Vegas. So if Daniel Jones wants thirty eight million, which is insane for Daniel Jones, if you put out there you want forty five, then thirty eight doesn't seem as crazy. This is the same. I mean, there's many different examples of this. This is the same as for you know, kid, you know teenagers that are listening to this show. If you take out the car that you're not supposed to be driving and getting a wreck, it's not a terrible idea to tell to when you come home, be like mom, I got something to tell you.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 2: I know you're gonna be mad. I got a dui and wreck the car and she loses her mind again. This is really mean to do.
Speaker 3: Don't do this.
Speaker 2: No, sorry, mom, I was just kidding. I was just kidding, but I did ding up the car the other night. And then just the initial like relief that it's not that you're not gonna get as it's not the same as Mom, I got something to tell you. I dinged up the car like you set it here, and then the bad news isn't quite as bad. Okay, But the Giants have one option. Daniel Jones. The franchise tag him, not the Lamar franchise tag, the exclusive one for forty five the regular franchise tag for thirty two million dollars. And you see, and if you can get Saquon on a reasonable three year deal, fine, If not, he's a running back, he's been injured a lot. You might lose him for nothing. But you can't give Daniel Jones a long term deal. You got up. You can franchise tag him and then make him play adult quarterbacks, adult, not this gimmicky nonsense he was doing. And see if he can do it, and if he can, then you can consider paying him real money. But the franchise tag is there for a guy in Daniel Jones's.
Speaker 3: Situation, he should say he's gonna sign in Thailand. Okay, yeah, get your thirty eight million man.
Speaker 2: Would you I know you're a Daniel Jones guy. Would you be comfortable giving him a four year contract or would you want to see him for one more year? Maybe with the training wheels taken off a bit, a little more layered passing down field passing. He threw for fifteen touchdowns all year fifteen How many picks seven, five, five in the regular season? Yeah, fifteen touchdowns five.
Speaker 4: Picks stand here at three to one ratio.
Speaker 2: That is exactly a three to one ratio, fifteen to five, exactly fifty.
Speaker 3: Wait, I thought you said he threw fourteen touchdowns, No, fifteen, okay, through fifteen touchdowns, yeah, the year. I think he's a mobile court.
Speaker 2: I think he's You think I've disrespected him too much?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think he deserves that type of slander. Like he's like middle of the.
Speaker 2: Middle of that's fine, middle of the back, so franchise dagger and if he plays great he'll make a ton of money, and if he doesn't, then at least you're not tied to him.
Speaker 3: All right, last, all right, the last of the head coaching vacancies have been filled somehow, none of them by Eric P. Enemy. Yeah, some of the some of the media say ERP Enemy was not responsible for.
Speaker 4: The chief success. What do you think about that? By the way, do you think you think well accurate?
Speaker 2: Listen, I think that.
Speaker 4: There's something about him like not hauling plays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Andy Reid's there. But the problem with that is Matt Nagy was the offensive coordinator before Eric Enemy and he got hired to be the head coach of the Bears. And Doug Peterson was the offensive coordinator for Andy before Matt Nagy and he got hired to be the head coach of the Eagles and now the Jacks. So it hasn't been used against the previous ocs.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, though, I see all right. But Panthers offensive coordinator Jim Calwell said Tuesday he's given up on head coaching jobs. He's sixty two and fifty as a head coach, but hasn't gotten a job since twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and listen for the record, Caldwell once he made a Super Bowl, went fourteen and two one year with the Colts, including starting off fourteen and zero before they rested guys and had the Lions as a nine win team repeatedly, and then they fired him for Patricia and Patricia they won four games like every year.
Speaker 3: But go ahead, Okay, Well, now Vietnamy and Calwell are stuck with their low TIERR offensive coaching jobs oftensive coordinator, coordinator. Sorry, yeah, Will this offseason prove to be the tipping point or will we see more of the same thing going forward?
Speaker 2: We're gone more of the same thing. Listen. I talked to all this at length on television. I don't want to spend a ton of time on it here. Uh. I am not sitting here saying I'm certain Eric, Eric the Enemy, will be a great head coach. I am certain that if Eric b Enemy were white, with this exact resume, exact everything, he would have gotten an opportunity that and and go ahead.
Speaker 4: Why would you leave a team after winning the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Why would he go from offensive coordinator with the Chiefs to Washington? Because the his belief is and I think Andy's belief is no one's gonna give him a job. They're gonna give Andy and Patrick all the credit, so instead he has to go somewhere else and prove himself. But nobody else has had to do this, So I laid this out on TV, but I'll do it again quickly. In the twenty eighteen Super Bowl, the It's Rams Patriots, Zach Taylor's the lead guy on the Rams staff on the offensive side. He becomes head coach of the Bengals. Josh McDaniel's lead guy on the Patriots side. He shortly thereafter he becomes lead guy for the for the Raiders. Twenty nineteen Super Bowl Chiefs and Niners, Eric b Enemy put him to the side Mike McDaniel for the Niners. Now, Mike McDaniel is biracial, the Dolphins coach. But I don't even know if you knew that.
Speaker 3: I mean, he doesn't look like he's just white.
Speaker 2: But sure, and people, but I do not think he walks into interviews and deals with the same Oh you're saying he's mixed with black, Yes, okay, yeah, I don't think people. I don't think he necessarily deals with the same instant is right, prejudice or assumptions of others, but he did have get a job. Twenty twenty Super Bowl Chiefs box two black offensive coordinators who have left, which in B enemy neither got head coaching jobs left which eventually got fired. B Ande me he had to leave. Twenty twenty one Super Bowl. We have Rams and Rams and Bengals. Bengals guy got in interviews and was a candidate this year, didn't get the job. The Rams guy went to go coach the Kevin O'Connell coach the Vikings. This year's Super Bowl Eagles Chiefs B enemy Stiking. Stiking got a head coaching job the Colts, the enemy still waiting. There is an obvious and by the way, you know who from these chief super Bowl runs did get a promotion. A guy who reports the Eric Binge me Mike Kofka got went from quarterbacks coach two offensive coordinator with the Giants. It the numbers are undeniable. And in a league that is this just disproportionately black. To have the head coaching ranks be this disproportionately white and the offensive coordinators be this disproportionately white, it cannot be coincidental. And Levittard used to use this example. It's the right example, if you woke up tomorrow and sixty percent of hockey coaches were black guys, you'd say, well, that's a little odd. They must there must be something intentional going on to make that happen when you But when you wake up every day and the vast majority of NFL head coaches, offensive quote masterminds, unquote and play callers are white guys in a majority black league where even these days you have damn near half the quarterbacks themselves being black, it doesn't pass muster. And I no, people don't like talking about this because so many people are more bothered by talking about racism than by actual racism. And I don't think there's a lot of team out there that are like, I won't hire a black guy. I don't think it's that old school style of racism. I think the people, the owners and the gms who are conducting these interviews have implicit biases, whether they know it or not, that they don't think black people are quite as sharp and smart as white people. And head coach offensive mastermind is a thinking man's job, and I think some biases that are deeply ingrained in people show up when they make these decisions. You want to motivate, you want to coach. My defense was about motivation, raw Rah. Sure you want to be a position coach, no problem, But you want to be my analytical genius. Not sure that guy's quite sharp enough. I think that is clearly what's happened here. The numbers and the data to me are undeniable, and I don't know how you fix it. I like eb a lot. I think it's a shame, and I we don't have a solution for it. Take quick break, come right back.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblast, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: All Right, welcome back. In What's Right with Nick Wright. That opening segment was about thirty five minutes long. I think it's been a little too long talking about little self indulgent in my day at the parade and such. So let's get right into the B block and we'll get to your questions and comments in the C block.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, all right.
Speaker 2: A J.
Speaker 3: Brown came out saying the Eagles can trade him if they don't re sign Jalen Hurts to wherever he.
Speaker 4: Ends up getting traded.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. There's also a rumors Stefan Diggs maybe getting tired of Buffalo and he's out here tweeting weird stuff to escalate. I don't know if we're gonna show something for the folks on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't know about the Stefan Diggs thing. I could lose it all if I'm reacting to the petty things he tweeted. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, the Chiefs got rid of their Dever receiver receiver and are doing just fine. Obviously, it kind of seems like paying big name, big mouth.
Speaker 4: Receivers isn't really all that necessary.
Speaker 3: Which of these teams need to play their wide receiver corps or more?
Speaker 2: All right, so listen, I think A J. Brown was just supporting Jalen and they're gonna pay Jalen, So I don't think that's a problem at all. I think this is a non story almost because Jalen's going to get paid. So I think AJ was just supporting his guy. Now, AJ does seem like at times a lot to deal with on the sideline. That playoff game that they were up twenty and he was upset he wasn't getting the ball was not a great look for him, and his comments after the Super Bowl were wide they should have gotten more run. After the super Bowl he said, yeah, when so they kicked the field goal to go up twenty seven to twenty one mid third quarter, and he said after the game when he asked about He's like, yeah, if I'm being honest, when we kick that field goal, I knew we could lose the game. It's like, buddy, you're up six in the super Bowl in the second half. But I you know, his point I think was like we needed touchdowns. But that's probably something you don't want to say out loud. Stefan Diggs has always been a handful. He's a hell layer there. So no, I don't think that's it. That is the situation at all all. Right, We're gonna take a thirty second break, come right back and play doctor right, because we're gonna get our audio fixed. All right, welcome back in listen. We're gonna we're having a few audio issues. We apologize for that. Demons, go ahead, and let's try to play doctor Wright. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: So first off, we got Derek Carr.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Doctor Wright.
Speaker 3: An untested treatment is hitting the market. Derek Carr has never worked in trials, but patients around the league are lining up for who would you prescribe Derek Carr?
Speaker 2: It's very simple, The Jets. Derek Carr, in his tenure in the with the Raiders had six head coaches and had a bottom ten defense every single year. I don't think Derek Carr is great. I think he's fine, though, and the Jets haven't had fine quarterback for more than a couple years over the since Joe Namath was there. So EYE think Derek Carr with the Jets makes a ton of sense. Unlike with Rogers, he's younger than Rogers, he's cheaper than Rogers. You don't have to give draft picks to get him. That. Derek Carr and the Jets is absolutely what should happen next all right.
Speaker 3: Next up, we got Aaron Rodgers. Yeah, doctor Wright, A few franchises are interested in the alternative medicine of it's not for everyone. And I'm pretty sure the Packers are in their third year of an allergic reaction. That's pretty funny. The Jets are so desperate they're willing to experiment. Can Rogers immunicize a curse franchise?
Speaker 2: I mean, I wouldn't be in the Aaron Rodgers business anymore.
Speaker 4: Guy's annoying, guys really annoyed.
Speaker 2: It says too much, man, just too much. It's just four days in darkness, and don't believe the media, and don't believe the president, and don't believe me. He even said, not me, Nick, right, but me. And it's just it's just too much and the juice is no longer worth the squeeze. Right, he wasn't that good this year? And so will someone trade for him? Yeah? Could I oddly see maybe the Titans Mike Rable try to win done with Tannehill? Maybe? Could I see the Raiders with Davante?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Possibly? I don't think the Niners can make it work cap wise, but he missed his window. They went to a Super Bowl almost immediately won it. The next year they were fifteen to one, should have won it again, and they got lost their first playoff game, and then they had a bunch of opportunities. NFC Championship game against the Falcons, the defense couldn't get a stop. NFC Championship game against the Seahawks. They were up two scores with a couple minutes left, and they give a touchdown and on side kick, losing overtime. NFC Championship game against the Bucks. They blow it and then Rogers doesn't run it, you know, down eight, they kick a field goal. The next year is Round two at home against Jimmy g The Niners score zero touchdowns on offense and the Packers can't win. And then last year they they can't even be Detroit at home. The windows closed. So the Packers should turn the page and move on from Aaron Listen. He's one of the most talented quarterbacks ever, but now he's in that bucket of guys whose postseason success does not nearly measure up to the regular season resume. There's no way around it.
Speaker 3: Next all right, the doctors down in Dallas have done some worrying tests. Yeah, in my medical opinion, Dallas hasn't expired yet. But I'm just a nurse. Okay, Doctor Wright is a quarterback transplant in Dallas. Still too premature.
Speaker 2: Listen, here's what I'll say on this. If you love C. J. Stroud, the idea of trading Dak for the number two pick. I don't think Houston would do it, but if they would, if you love Stroud, makes a ton of sense because it's not just about Stroud. It's also about the forty five million dollars of extra cap space you have over the next four years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just because he's a rookie.
Speaker 2: Because he's on that rookie deal. That again, I've I've talked.
Speaker 3: About this, Dallas go ahead. They already have a good.
Speaker 2: Team well right, and they have an excellent defense that they're going to have to pay right. Uh So, since the new since the rookie Wade scale has come in, guys, I don't know how many instances we've got to show you of guys who have not yet been paid and what it allows the team to build around them when it comes to going on deep playoff runs. So you have just in just over the last decade, Okay, Russell Wilson third round pick. Super stacked team goes to two super Bowls, wins one. Cam New number one overall pick. He had been paid, but the contract hadn't kicked in. They're fifteen to one. They go to the super Bowl. The Eagles have Carson Wentz is the number two pick. He gets them the number one seed. He gets hurt. They win the super Bowl with his backup. The Rams with Jared Goff, he's the number one pick. They go to the super Bowl. The Chiefs with Patrick Mahomes, they go to two super Bowls before he gets paid. Joe Burrow goes to a super Bowl. Jalen Hurts goes to a super Bowl. It's if you get the right guy, that opening few years of his career is such an advantage. And so listen, I don't think I think it's a moot point because I don't think that the what you would call it, the uh the Texans would trade you the number two pick for for Dak But if they would, if you love CJ. Stroud, it's not a ridiculous thing.
Speaker 3: All right, next, all right, since your last appearance, the Cardinals treated their Cliff Kingsbury itis. However, doctor right, there's still Murray's Law to worry. Murray's Law states anything that can go wrong will go wrong. When your quarterback cares more about call of duty than football, is Murray's Law going to sink? Sink the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: The Cardinals need to blow it up, and they don't know it yet. They listen, Maybe Kyler takes this time with the injury and matures and all that stuff. But I think they're in really rough shape. And they just hired a defensive coach and a defensive coach who gave up thirty eight points in the Super Bowl to a quarterback on one leg. It's not great for them.
Speaker 3: Next, all right, I realize you're also a veterinarian.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: The Chicago Bears were looking like mounted pelts on the wall. But with with your with your medicine, and the first pick, they might just be able to come back to life. Should they donate their quarterback to another team or address other issues first.
Speaker 2: No, I would keep justin fields, and I would trade the number one pick for a bunch of our picks. No, no, no, no, I would trade the number one pick for like with the Colts, for the number four pick their second round pick and their first rounder next year, so the Colts can draft Brice Young and so you can then go fill all the holes on your roster at wide receiver and offensive line.
Speaker 3: All right, next, All right, we'll get more into the NBA tomorrow. But we have a final case. The NBA All Star Game was infected with a severe case of laziness. We're the only doctor created enough creative enough to save all Star games. Save us.
Speaker 2: Please well listen. I talked a lot about why this has happened on the TV show. I don't need to get into it here as far as a fix, I gotta I gotta tell you. And I don't know if he was the first one to come up with it, but he said it, and I think it's really smart, and I think for the first time we have now enough numbers for it to actually work. I liked Craig Carton's idea US versus the World. I think that would add some edge to it. So what would the world team look like? Janis, Jo Kich, Luca Mark, A lot of guys now the World bench, you know what I mean, like wouldn't be as deep, but I think I would put some real pride on it. So you have, like let me just look at embeied. Yeah, now that the the non US team would maybe like would have some you know, maybe too much size and not enough wings. But if we look at it, let me hold on, let me let me just go to the All Star game box score real quick. You would have Yiannis market in siakam Uh. That's it on that team. Embiid Yo, Kic don Chic and that might be it there as far as guys that made it, so you'd have to add, you know what I mean, add some other ones, right, but that's a hell of top six. And then you have Lebron if everyone's helping, Kadi staff, the American stars, we know who they are, Jah Tatum, all those guys. I think that I think that would add an edge to it. All right, we're not going to take a final break. We're just gonna get straight to your questions right now because we're going late and we had some technical issues. So Demant's I go ahead and add these ask these listener questions.
Speaker 3: Joyce said, Nick, have you ever thought about writing a book? Would be what would it be about?
Speaker 2: Well, that NBA fifty Best Players Last fifty years was supposed to be a book, and then I turned it into the podcast series.
Speaker 4: I can't believe you thought about making that into a book.
Speaker 2: Why you're not going to sult me?
Speaker 4: It's just like that is like I feel like the way to do it was the way.
Speaker 3: You did it.
Speaker 2: Maybe, I mean, but you could.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna put like pictures and stuff in there?
Speaker 2: No, but it would be it would be more storytelling about the player's careers, you know what I mean, and then kind of like the Little History of Basketball. Yeah. Well Bill Simmons did it already though. He wrote the Book of Basketball. It's seven hundred pages long and it culminates in his seventy five Player Pyramid. It's great book, great book. I if there were ever a book, I wouldn't write a book. I don't think. Uh, your mom might Demons's mom, my wife. Her life story is incredibly unique and I think would do well as a book. And we've actually talked to some people about potentially doing that. But no, I don't, I, at least at this point my career. I don't.
Speaker 4: What just never, I mean, oh, this just came out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Well, my my high school girlfriend, who I was incredibly close with, her family and Danielle met them because well they let us go to there when your mom and I started dating. They owned a house in the Florida Keys. The Black Family, wonderful people. They your mom in My first vacation was at their vacation house in the Florida Keys. Her little sister reached out to me like eighteen months ago because she works for a publishing company, wanting to know if you know, I ever had any interest in maybe writing a book or anything, that she could help me with it. And I think your mom's story is more interesting than mine, And I like Kendrick Perkins just wrote a book. Seems like a little book tour and the promotion and all that. If I ever took a ton of time outside of my career, it would be to go to law school or to try to actually become a professional poker player, one of those two things, not to write a book. All right, next, All right.
Speaker 3: So no book. Ethan twenty sixty asked what's a better moment Mahomes given the trophy to a fan or Brady throwing the trophy to another boat.
Speaker 2: All right, So that wasn't the real trophy Mahomes gave to the fan. That guy, your mom and I actually saw at the Grand Faloon or somewhere with that trophy. That guy had a life size, really well made replica. So it's heavy. It was inscripted, all of it. So what the video doesn't show is that guy had the he gave it to Mahomes take pictures with, and then the video picks up when Mahomes already has it, and then he gives it back to him and it looks like Mahomes gave him the actual trophe again.
Speaker 3: All right, next, all right, everyone asking or everyone watching ask Debond's a did you get your license? Yeah, dude, I actually got it. I went out there and got it the very next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's yeah, that's great on YouTube that picture. It was way easier than you thought.
Speaker 3: Wait. Yeah, not riding the DMV out or anything, but I'm pretty sure this is how it goes. They didn't ask me for anything. I just had to show them a picture of the license that I had before on my phone and verify the address that's on the driver's license, and then verify the address that I want the driver's license to be sent to.
Speaker 2: Getting the license if you have an active license, getting a replacement for an active license not a huge headache. And getting a new license or dealing with it if it's expired and you don't have the physical copy of the old one is a total paint.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, And uh I went there with my with my Social all my papers obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: As I was walking out, I dropped my Social out of the vanilla huenvelope and I just got Manila. Yeah, and the lady flagged me. I was about to leave my Social Security card on the ground at the DMV.
Speaker 2: I did that exact same thing with your Social Security, my Social when I was signing you up for school when we moved to Texas. I brought all that documentation to the school, had it all in a Manila envelope. It fell out and I kept going and luckily I realized it retraced my steps and got it. That's a pain in the ass.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's so siriting guard for it being so important. It's so flimsy, and it feels like it should be laminated. Uh, well, good job.
Speaker 3: But talk about how uh Manila envelopes are not called vanilla envelopes because why would they not be called vanilla?
Speaker 2: Their vanilla What do you mean they're vanilla.
Speaker 3: They're the color of vanilla. No, but is manila color?
Speaker 2: Yeah, buddy, Actually, I don't know about I don't know why. Why do they call it manila envelope? Paper makers, faced with the cotton and linen rag shortage, came up with the idea of recycling manila rope, previously used on ship as paper pulp. The resulting paper was strong, water resistant, inflexible. Manila ropes are made from a name for manila hemp, which is where we get the name Manila envelope.
Speaker 3: I'm here to tell you, folks, I'm not mad at you if you call them vanilla. Oh, everybody knows what you're talking about when you say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just think you're, you.
Speaker 4: Know, not in tune with the with the past.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, listen, I'll be honest. I didn't know why they called it that. I just thought it wasn't vanilla. Yeah, do you have your vanilla envelope? No, I brought strawberry with me today. There's today's show. Well, you got a full episode for you tomorrow. I gotta get to go do I have to go do TV? What's right