Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 2: Erness What's Up?
Speaker 1: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can can be, But understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank brilliantly boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDIC.
Speaker 3: All right, so let's talk about Intel U. Intel stock ones up after Nvidia announced the five billion dollar investment and a struggling chip maker. So is this the lifeline that Intel needed or is it just a flash in the pan moment.
Speaker 4: Woo doo, all your crew, who do you do? I know for some reason people want Intel to thrive, but it is an inferior ship maker if you look at the class of chip makers, and Video's business is to make sure that they are operating at the highest level. And one way to do that is to build remote and we saw with Elon going to tell Trump, I miss you in that suite. It's better to have a great connection with the president than not. So the investment into Intel is a hedge to make sure that Nvidia stays in the lead. Also, a term that many people need to learn mean reversion. So it got up to thirty two dollars and thirty nine cent. It is curly at twenty eight dollars and seventy six cent. I think it would drop back to twenty four within the next month and a half. Does it breed some life into it, Yes, but only because of the United States government has an investment in Intel were wise enough to invest into an American investment, while they for the moment have lost the investment into China.
Speaker 2: So this was a hedge.
Speaker 4: Is Intel better than Video, No better than AMD, no better than other chip makers in their class.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: So I know some of you think that I have a personal vendetta against Intel. I don't. I think they just have lost their way, and even though in Video is investment into them, it does not make them a world class company.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take your quote and I'm going to say this that everybody in your space is your competition.
Speaker 2: Yep. And I'm going to take a little different approach because I do agree with you.
Speaker 1: I think it's both a hedge and I think it's both a way to keep give them a lifeline. We've seen this now three times over the past two years, with Intel getting lifelines, first with the Infrastructure bill and then being the largest application for.
Speaker 2: That infrastructure bill.
Speaker 1: Then we saw the government saying that they're going to take ten percent of that company, and now we've seen.
Speaker 2: Right and that exact.
Speaker 1: So this is three lifelines that has been given. This is bigger than an Intel situation. When we talked about Intel and who their direct competitors were, it wasn't a GPU market we were talking about. It was a CPU market, and we told about AMD being the new leader inside the CPU market, And so does that hurt their business? Well, if in Video is helping it from an infrastructure standpoint, yeah it could.
Speaker 2: It could hurt AMD slightly.
Speaker 1: But what it does say is like that second place spot in GPUs that was also a MD right, and so if I want you to focus on something another core piece of business, I'm gonna help with your competitor to make sure that you stay in that spot and you never crash the market ship that we have, which is now up to ninety percent, I believe.
Speaker 2: And so I think it's a it's one of those things.
Speaker 1: Let me hurt my competitors in terms of A and D when I'm talking about in video family time.
Speaker 2: So it's really interesting. I think the part and.
Speaker 1: I got a lot of text messages Troyes are trying to invest in Intel. Troyes and time to invest Intel. I know you guys saying it's dead, it's on a lifeline. I'm not invested in Intel. The major thing that I said about Intel, and I'll repeat it, and I still didn't hear an answer, even with the five billion dollar allocation, is who is going to solve the manufacturing gap that Intel has?
Speaker 5: No one right If all these other semi conductors are downsizing to seven animeter, five animeter, three animeter and.
Speaker 1: You're still at ten, who is helping that manufacturing gap and how fast can they make that happen.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear one thing about that.
Speaker 1: Perhaps that's what Nvidio has now come on board for, but that is going to take some time, especially with a company like this, And as you're trying to get better, companies are already here and they're better, and they're going to get better. So it's a tough proposition. I'm not I'm not sold on Intel. I won't be sold on Intel. There's too many opportunities, too many companies that are ahead of it right now and that are going to thrive for me to say let me move money here and allocation here and hopes that it catches up.
Speaker 4: TSM is better, AMD is better, and video is better. Also, we told you Total is better, all common is better, Meta is better. It's just a it's thirty or forty companies that are better than Intel. I also told you a few months ago that they were going to invest into Intel as a hedge. And if you look from an operational standpoint, like from a brand strategy standpoint, not only do they have the best product, but one way to eliminate competition is to also invest into you in case you do well. Microsoft did. This is what Apple when Apple was on their deathbed as well. The difference is Jensen isn't going to take his eye off the ball and isn't going to give up a lead the way Balmber did when he took the rains over a Microsoft. And the other issue you're going on to workout for you lose COI for the record, so I know everyone wants like yo, Intel has a chance. Intel is PS four When we're going into PS six generational type run, they won't be able to catch up really quick. For everyone out there who has a computer, do you have an Intel anything in your computer right now?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And there isn't a business switch yet right like we literally watch Oracle change their business structure right, Like, we're watching Dell fundamentally change their bits.
Speaker 2: The structure is better.
Speaker 4: So you can name a bunch of companies who are just outperforming at scale and don't think that in video with investment because the bad part about our competitor investments and business, they get to see some of the operational systems that you have in placed. Don't think that they're not coming for the CPU market. It's like you want to put the pillo over your face when you're on life support. Give it to years and Video is going to get that CPU market as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, player sign and we saw that when they had their announcement. I think it might have been right after GtC when they had those core CPU processors. We're like, damn, they're back in this space again. Like there's really no letup from them. So yeah, this is one of those situations where it's like, all right, I see the competition. We're already leading here. We watched them take their lead. Let's go get some market shit over there too.
Speaker 2: Ernest, what's up? Look?
Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Square Banking. One of the things we love most is seeing neighborhood businesses level up. This this West Indian spot right in our community that started with a small takeout counter. Now with Square they've been able to expand into a full sit down restaurant and even started catering events across the city. That's the kind of growth that inspires us, and it's powered by Square. Square is built for all types of businesses, from the corner bagel shop that turned into a local chain, to the specialty market with thousands of unique items, to the stylist who's been holding you down for years. With Square banking, growth gets easier. You've got more control over your cash flow, access to capital right in the same system you're already using to run your business, and with a free Square savings account, you can automatically set aside a portion of your sales for upgrades, taxes, and those slow seasons, setting yourself up for long term success and when it's time for the next big move. Square makes it simple to get approved with a Square loan based on your actual business performance. No long ways, just quick access to capital. In fact, eighty eight percent of businesses with Square loans report growth. So go to Square dot com, slash Go, slash eyl to learn more about how your business can grow with Square that's s q U A r E dot com slash g O, slash e y L, Block Inc.
Speaker 2: Is not a bank.
Speaker 1: Banking services provided by Square Financial Services Inc. And Cuttin Bank members. F d I C loans are subject to credit approval