Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports.
Speaker 2: Radio CNR on FSR again five to seven on the East Monday through Friday, two to four on the West, and of course Covino and Rich wherever you stream your podcast. We won't get out to the affiliates. We won't tell Dan Patrick you're seeing us.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's fine, it's all good.
Speaker 2: It's one happy family, but always a pleasure when we're in for Dan Patrick. Just today, know Dan Patrick Patrick Just today, and then back to our normal schedule tomorrow. And quick reminder, we have a bonus podcast called over Promised, which you could wash. It's on Fox Sports Radio's YouTube page. Last week we had Coach Ballgame on this week we have KFC from Barstools stopping by. I want to know his backstory. I know you want to talk about the Mets there.
Speaker 4: I want to know.
Speaker 2: His life story. I want to know his deal. So that'll be fun. That's on over Promised, our bonus show. I'm Steve Covino. That is Rich Davis. We got Danny g super producer Mark Ramsey on the Xylophones on the ones in two. We got Spotty Boy on the videos. You can see all our videos at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio, and this hour Shacked Diesel trivia as you get ready for some big games tonight, we got whacked Diesel Shacked Diesels stopping by and we're giving away prizes.
Speaker 3: Are steamless steal swiggy Well.
Speaker 2: We are brought to you by Rapid Radios, the official walkie talkie of The Dan Patrick Show. Push to talk service Rapid Radio national LTE coverage requires no subscriptions. Ever get them before bed weather occurs. Visit rapper radios dot com now for up to sixty percent off and free shipping. You know where they needed those. On the last episode of the Last of Us they needed some Rapid Radio. Let me tell you I'm not giving away any spoilers. It was a frantic can't It was anxiety. People aren't ah, but if you watch the Last of Us? My question, I'm just gonna pose a question that's vague enough, like, now, what is that? Can I just can I say that?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: It doesn't make sense to people that aren't caught out. Joe would have been like, hap, it's only the second episode. What I'm saying is, now, what if you watch the show, you know what I mean. Let's just say this, it does stay true to the video game storyline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if they had rapid radios, man, yea, too bad they don't have rapid radios and zombie apocalypse.
Speaker 3: This this is an A. J.
Speaker 2: Brown story I want to get to in just a second. But as the dan Ats and DP head up to Green Bay for the NFL Draft, I hate to have to share one of the Covino Rich stories of yesteryear that really sort of defines our show. And it was really a fun, aggravating moment. And I know our video guy spot loves this story. They're in Wisconsin. My wife is a big Green Bay Packers fan. Well that's why she married you, because you're the biggest cheesehead I know. So we're in the Wisconsin area. Who doesn't love a nice trip to Milliawauke. So we're doing a road trip Cavino Rich the years, we love to get out there and meet you guys, have some parties, do the show.
Speaker 3: On the road.
Speaker 2: You're out and about. Yeah, so who doesn't love a good road trip. Then we're doing a little Midwest action. We found ourselves in Wisconsin, Wisconsin, and I said, you know, what spot can you please stop?
Speaker 4: And he's like, we.
Speaker 2: Got it, good to our next spot. We've already stopped for cheese curds. We had all the fun you have in Wisconsin, Great great city, great state.
Speaker 3: And I goes, fuck, can you stop one more time?
Speaker 2: I want to buy my wife a cheesehead that you see in all the you know, Packers games at Lambeau. I'm like, come on, she's a Packers fan. Let me buy her as a little souvenir a cheesehead.
Speaker 4: Mind you.
Speaker 3: We were on a mission to get somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, So we're in our zone, in our flow, and this guy wants to stop off for a cheesehead.
Speaker 4: We had already stopped for gas, like we we had no stops planned or necessary, just when you were on your way to be detained at the Canadian border on a road trip. That's where we're heading to the next stop and on a mission. But he wants to stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and these guys like, come on, we have to do our next broadcast. Then I would love to do these again. This is when we started in Dallas, worked our way up to Canada, and we just stopped in cities. We've done Vancouver down to San Diego. We love doing the broadcast. Like I said, getting out there and we get around, man, we get a little cool. Jay were like the beach boys. I'm sorry, we get around. I'm the around the way girl.
Speaker 4: You're going back to Cali.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: I insist. I'm like, guys, come on for my wife. So reluctantly, Spot's like.
Speaker 3: Oh right, damn it.
Speaker 2: He stops the car. I run into a little like little shop and I'm like, I got it. I throw the cheesehead in the back of our rental suv and Spoto's you closed it.
Speaker 3: I'm like sure, Dad. We start driving down the.
Speaker 2: Freeway, the highway, whatever it is in Wisconsin, and all of a sudden, a car next to us is like waving at us, and I'm like like, pull over.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, it's a Cardigan, but thanks for noticing.
Speaker 2: Everyone's peeping at us. We thought they recognized that. Yeah, we thought they were fans. We're big in Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Fans with the love. And the Spot's like, you moron. Apparently I didn't close the hatch well enough on the suv. Like the whole time, I'm like, what's that sound? And all of a sudden, on the highway. It's like the Griswolds.
Speaker 2: Our luggage and Spot's laptop and his bag with his past disappears, starts. My bag disappears, starts tumbling down the highway, my bag that had all my documents in it. We're heading to the Canadian border and I had no pass so we have to turn around and park on the side of the road and then play frogger, play frogger and start dodging the road. And luckily there was one missing bag and it was the bag with spots passport in it. And some woman called his business card and she's like, I found your bag moments ago on the highway. So if you're going to get cheese in Wisconsin, Dan ats and Dan Patrick just closed the hatch close of your suv, there you go. Or don't bring rich with you ring or how am I gonna stop for a cheesehead? Don't listen to a cheesehead about a cheesehead.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: So enjoy your NFL draft that goes down in two days. Who your team gets could very well mean nothing or change the future of your organization. And don't judge too quickly. How many times have you seen a fan base hate a pick and it ends up being the greatest thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the opposite's always true. Yeah, Like how many times?
Speaker 4: Can you know?
Speaker 2: I said it before, like an hour ago. You've seen those clips where it's like Kansas City Chiefs fans like, man, Mahomes, what a terrible pick? This famous clips of Buffalo Bills fans belly achin and bitch and complaining when they chose Josh Allen because.
Speaker 4: They wanted the other Josh who spoke about last hour?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine? It's kind of like when people hear Covino and Riching for Dan Patrick. You're like, oh, man, I was like, oh, you know what, They're Okay, it worked out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so enjoy your NFL draft.
Speaker 2: I never know in two days, but uh, the NFL draft, what's the goal to build a champion like the Philadelphia Eagles?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 3: What a transition?
Speaker 4: Rich? I know.
Speaker 2: Oh, before we talk a j Brown, can I just say that you and I did an event with Dallas Goddard and that footage has appeared as of today. You could see some of that footage tight end Dallas Goddard of the champion Eagles and us at Coveno and Rich on our ig story.
Speaker 4: I love your costume. Yeah we did.
Speaker 2: We did a bid a in an ad with him for a pharmaceutical company and it's fantastic. At you could see what a massive guy. I mean, obviously he's a tight end in the NFL. He's a big boy. Rich is six foot I'm five ten and three fourths.
Speaker 3: I'm like five eleven.
Speaker 2: You got to see what a what a giant he looks like compared to us. Just for reference, but we had a lot of fun with him. Shout out to Dallas Goddard. You can see that footage at Coveno and Rich on our Instagram story and I posted some to at Steve Covino.
Speaker 4: Check that out.
Speaker 3: But this is about a J.
Speaker 4: Brown.
Speaker 2: The goal is to be a Super Bowl champion like Dallas Goddard, like AJ Brown. And when AJ Brown is not, you know, reading books on the sideline, we're muscling his way into the end zone. He's going through an issue with his car. Take a listen to this.
Speaker 6: I'm out here grinding for the Philadelphia Eagles and I gotta look.
Speaker 3: For my car.
Speaker 6: Come on, man, noah, but look we already got the will see I told you to just turn the call back in just turn it in now and now you got to deal with the consequence. Man.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you all little funny joke.
Speaker 6: Man this morning, when we're talking to the police, my little sign gonna come up here and say, hey, da Pa, patrol, PA patrol. I say, everybody got jokes this morning? Huh yeah, on a joke, someeing you.
Speaker 4: Brown.
Speaker 2: AJ Brown went to social media. He went to x which everybody still calls Twitter anyway. He went to Twitter, Dear Philly to whoever stole my car last night, I'll make a deal with you, bring back my car and I won't press charges. Or when I find you today, it's gonna be what it's gonna be, Take it or leave it. My guy, the car has been found and someone.
Speaker 3: It was a black Mercedes right that they were tracking.
Speaker 4: What's it gotta be, my guy? Could have been the set it off girls, it could have been.
Speaker 2: I mean, they had surveillance video that revealed, uh, you know, police trying to locate the stolen black Mercedes, and I think they got it in Camden near the corner of Luis and Morton Streets. That's what the that's what the news is saying. I have two questions for you. That's reports saying. Question number one is if someone steals your car. That sounds like so old school. By the way, I know new cars are not immune to this, but you feel like stealing cars with such a stealing my car?
Speaker 3: I got a club. No, but my dad, the last person I think that still owns the club.
Speaker 4: But you gotta explain that younger audience doesn't even know what that is.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 3: The club was something you cluded.
Speaker 2: It was a safety device you put on your steering wheel. There was infomercials about it. My dad loved the club. I was like, Dad, club was also a weapon. There was a point stand by Danny. There was a time where my dad was living in Queens, New York, and he would put a club on his old Saturn and I'm like, Dad, no one wants your car. Oh, I got a Neon club. Also, he has the upgraded one, the Neon club. You think people forgot. I thought everybody had a club. I know there's a lot of younger people listening, but again, it was a device that connected to your steering wheel to prevent.
Speaker 4: Cart If you watch the classic movie Swingers, there's the scene where everybody is taking their club off.
Speaker 3: Everybody had the red one. I had the red one. Yeah, I had the red one. Of course was the og.
Speaker 2: The club, the club, the club. So gets his car stolen. So there's two questions at hand. Number one, if you get your car stolen, is there a party that feels like that car is tainted when you get it back. I know your parents' car was stolen and they always felt weird. It was less about the vibe and of course that's that that that sense of it was violated and there's bad karmawn, bad as usual with the vehicle. But it just didn't ride the same you know that they they abused the vehicle, so when they got it back, it wasn't the same car and it was just problematic after that.
Speaker 3: Is there something gross.
Speaker 4: About that now?
Speaker 2: Like you know, yeah, like it feels like someone was in my car?
Speaker 3: Of course no, it is gross the whole, the whole feeling of it.
Speaker 2: As Aj Brown, NFL superstar had to deal with getting his car stolen, let me ask you what was the most annoying thing.
Speaker 3: You've ever had stolen? It doesn't need to be of high value.
Speaker 2: Just like yo, someone stole my blank and it annoyed the hell out of it. I got to to set it up. One you're gonna be like, what really, yes, because it's the principle you just said it. It's not about the high value of it. Well you got this.
Speaker 3: I can't already tell me your answer is gonna annoy me.
Speaker 2: Well, I got one that's gonna annoy you, and I think one that's legitimate. Okay, because we've all had something stolen from us, right, And my first answer is in high school and it still bothers me. That's the point you realize there's a long time ago and it still bothers me. I still remember things that I didn't get back, Like I remember this kid Frank took my Biggie CD and never gave it back to me. That bothers me till this day. It's the principle, but it wasn't stolen. I had the sweetest car heart jacket. When car hearts were a statement, you know, before they came back to be a stylish sort of thing. The car heart was no longer a work jacket. It was a cool jacket. And I had a sweet brown car heart hoodie. I loved it. Everyone's like, yo, man, would you get that car heart? Until one day at the fieldhouse in my high school.
Speaker 4: I came.
Speaker 3: It was like when Peee lost his bike, remember Pewee and the clown was laughing at him.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh uh, I opened up my locker and my car heart wasn't there, man, And my heart sank. Until this day, I've never been able to find. Oh, it's in the basement of the albuma. I've never been able to find the same one. It's that brown distressed sweet hoodie car heart. I don't know, I can't get it, but that always bothered me till this day. That's yes, that Carhart jacket on you is the most deceiving thing ever because you're the least like blue collar handy guy. I know it was all right, Bob Vila, this guy who can't change the light bulb.
Speaker 3: It's like, call me a property brother.
Speaker 2: They are. They're not handyman, they're contractors. So that is so annoying to me because I loved it and it was gone, and I was like, was it a teammate of mine had to be so.
Speaker 3: That makes it worse, right, and then a real one.
Speaker 2: Your answer is a jacket in the nineties, go on, didn't you say it doesn't have to be of value. Well, this one is of sentimental and actual value. Okay, I said I had to.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: When I got divorced, I left a lot of my belongings at the house. I didn't know what to do, right and I was on a quest for that new bachelor pad, I guess, but I still had like a lot of my belongings at my home. You know, the home that you thought was yours, but then you realized real quick it wasn't, and a lot of my stuff got I don't know, you watching your Friends and Neighbors on Apple TV with John Ham. No, you realize very quickly what you think is yours is not yours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought this was mine. Nope.
Speaker 2: So a lot of my belongings were sort of, I imagine, tossed into the garage, just tossed in there, just thrown in there, probably aggressively. And I had a bunch of guitars that I was a big fan of. But I had one special guitar. It was a Takamin acoustic electric that I bought my college money and I paid like a thousand bucks on my Bennegan's money waiting tables, which back then was probably five thousand dollars. That thousand dollars five thousand dollars to me. But it was a beautiful guitar and it was my prize possession for real. It meant a lot to me. And when I went back to retrieve my belongings, like a year or two later, like all of my belongings, like where's my guitar? And apparently it was stolen by a worker or someone working on the house or I had to put it this way. No one knew where it was and I was told it was stolen. Did you check Pun shops on Ventura. I don't know if Rick from Punstars has it. Maybe Chim Lee is playing it as we speak, but I don't know what happened to it. I was told it was stolen, and it haunts me. I dream about this guitar like someday we'll be reunited. Nope, you got to realize not only was it of value to me, it was of sentimental value to me.
Speaker 3: It was like my first sweet purchase of my own. Yep, never got it back.
Speaker 2: I got one, still thinking about I got one aj Brown Style, Like listen, this guy's a multimillionaire, so getting a car stolen big deal. But I mean, he's gonna be all right. I remember when I here are just material things.
Speaker 3: We get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but come on, I'm gonna throw one. I'm gonna throw one in there, and then we'll move on. We'll do a little trivia. You have some fun, but I got one more of it. We're talking fevery.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 3: This would annoy the hell out of a guy like you, because I got no is the thought of where is it? You know what, I'm somewhere, Danny.
Speaker 2: You know that feeling of like someone got away with it, and that annoys you almost more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they walked like.
Speaker 3: They walked like that.
Speaker 2: Like to me, my story is less about me caring more about the nervous son of a When I went to college, I grew up on Long Island. I was up in college Syracuse, New York. I came home for one of my breaks, and I'm going through my childhood bedroom. Just you know, you come home for Thanksgiving or something, you're alf sheets and you're Joe Montana pill person.
Speaker 3: My whole Cogan wrestling buddy.
Speaker 2: No. I went back to my childhood bedroom and I'm there and I look on my shelf and I go, huh, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: Hey Mom, Yeah, ritchie, Mom, you do anything with my baseball cards. She's like, no, everything should be the way you laughed it. You're just mom. Sounds like Edith Bunker, by the way, and it's not even an exaggeration.
Speaker 7: Richie, I'm sorry boy, the waggling mill up played.
Speaker 2: My mom was like it should be there, Richie. Turns out my brother I didn't touch nothing. My brother who's five years younger than me, so picture I'm in college.
Speaker 3: He's like fourteen. His scummy little friend came over the house. Was it stinky Sullivan and stole.
Speaker 2: My whole box of like I'm not talking like oh my like eighty eight said, or oh nineteen ninety one upper deck. I had a box with all the best ones in plastaking cases and there your prize, you know, the screw cases like literally a jose can say, a rated rookie dude like the good ones. Yeah, and my brother made it seem like what do you want me to do? I'm like, what do you mean what I want to do? Get your wow?
Speaker 3: So you knew the kid though that did it?
Speaker 2: Apparently that's when you knock on the door. But at that point it was like some can of whoop pass on that kid. I had no proof, so I was like, what am I gonna do. I'm gonna go to like a fourteen year old kid's house be like, hey, I'm back from college. And if you knew he stole he stole my Frank Thomas Stadium club.
Speaker 3: Like, what am I gonna do?
Speaker 2: Like I've had this similar things like that happened to me. But it was like a bunch of kids at the house, So you don't know who did it. If you knew who did it, I think I don't think there's statute of limitations. I think you can go there now and still get them. I think the kid's name was Derek, because I remember that. I remember who did it. My brother's like, I don't know who. I think this is an investigation, an investigation. We should record it years later. Yeah, I think you go back to here is my Mark Maguire, USA cheam traded set you and like Dog the bounty hunter and like, I don't know, grab a posse and you go there and get your stuff back.
Speaker 3: He's like married with children. Yeah, bust in his front door.
Speaker 2: Honestly, the fact that you know who did it is even more aggravating.
Speaker 3: Where is my billy ripkin f face card?
Speaker 4: Bra?
Speaker 3: You know your brother sold them on you? You don't know, So.
Speaker 2: Uh, your your answers and your examples hit us up at Covin and Rich and if you want to get in on the game, we're gonna play Shack Diesel trivia next. So if you want to win a prize, we give awayless steel swigging. I say, not just any prize, man, Come on, this is this is a good looking water bottle, as.
Speaker 3: You love to say, perfect for your kids to lose at school.
Speaker 4: Do you know we mailed one a few weeks back to New Zealand a listener there who won, and he sent a picture of it and he said, this is way nicer than I thought it was gonna be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not some gass plastic swag. This this is a nice steamles steel water bottle. Fox Sports Radio Midnight Black to collectors on them. You'll know if you one in eight seven, seven, nine nine on Fox will do itt NBA trivia as we are loving the NBA playoffs. Congrats again last night to the Clippers. Congrats to the Pistons. We got two series tied up one one, so we'll do ittle NBA trivia next, and again your feedback.
Speaker 3: AJ Brown got.
Speaker 2: His car stolen, the most irritating thing someone stole right from under your eyes, right from right rounder your nose. We'll take your feedback there as well. More Cavin on Rich next in for the Great Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and Together. We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Why should you listen to and Rich?
Speaker 2: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 3: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says.
Speaker 2: Something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too. Take your phone calls, chop it up as they say. I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 3: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 2: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern, two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 3: That's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: We're normally on from five to seven on the East, Covino and Rich. But always a pleasure to be in for Dan Patrick. Just for today though, So back at our normal time tomorrow where we do midweek major every Wednesday day, the biggest stories in world the sports and pop culture. So join us five to seven on the East, two to four out here in the West. I'm Cavino, that is Rich.
Speaker 3: We were talking about a J. Brown, how he got his car stolen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he warned the guy, hey turn it in now, it'll be okay please, ended up getting the guys got his car back. And we're talking about the most annoying things that you ever got stolen.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was talking about how my brother's friends stole all my baseball cards when I was at college.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta get him back. You lost your favorite guitar after he got divorced.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sucked.
Speaker 3: Big Mike, who runs his place? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who the guy right here? Hey, big Mike, Hey Mike. Hello, he turned Mike's Mike on. Mike needs a Mike. Mike needs a Mike. Mike's Mike. That's you, Mark.
Speaker 4: Mark Ramsey's working on it.
Speaker 3: Here, working on it, like turn the on button, Mike.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, well anyway, he's here though, I promise. Mike was telling us a story about how this is the best stolen story ever. His buddy got his car st Okay, all right, what's up?
Speaker 4: See everybody, that's proof that he doesn't run this place.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, someone trying to hold you down, Like right, come on, Mark, someone stole your buddy's car.
Speaker 5: They found it months later, and what happened. So it was a cheap beater. He bought it cheap. It was a seventy eight two eighty Z had plans man, he had plans for this ride, and it got stolen. He was devastated. Three months later, the cops find it, say it seems drivable turns out they had tricked his car out.
Speaker 7: Bro his ride was sweet to he fixed it up and everything he was planning a tinted the windows, new stereo, new seats like thank you, the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Thank you exhibit. It was beautiful.
Speaker 4: Did the police charge him money the upgrades telling somebody pimped his ride, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, it's time for a little game time. How about Shack Diesel trivia.
Speaker 1: Whenever we say not to name drop, that means we're about to name drop.
Speaker 4: I'll drop.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, not.
Speaker 1: Only our CN our friends with Tyson and mahomes. Hey man, they're also buddies with a big Aristotle.
Speaker 8: What's up a big Shack du aka shackfu aka Shack Daddy. Okay, the big Aristotle. Guess what it's don went from seeing our product.
Speaker 1: Time for some basketball trivia, A basketball trivia.
Speaker 3: What he said, I used to break frag boards.
Speaker 8: Now I'm breaking records for REFISR Radio.
Speaker 1: Shack d SOE sol basketball trivia.
Speaker 4: FSR Security, walking our Brooke Shack food into the main studio. Here we go, Shack, We appreciate you waking up early this morning.
Speaker 3: Ive Shack Baby, love Shack.
Speaker 4: Baby, last night on the set, we all saw you have to run off unplanned to use the restroom because you're drinking too much olive oil.
Speaker 8: Too much olive oil didn't agree with me. Hurt supposed to come you out or something. Yeah, I think it happened. You want to talk about it. You're a big guy.
Speaker 3: You feel bad for bathroom the details?
Speaker 4: Thank you? All right, let's meet the contestants. Ten time winner Rich Davis, right there go, four time winner Spotty Boy. Now let's make a big number, five big five. It's not a big number. But leader in the clubhouse is thirteen time winner Dan Byer. But Dv's going to be in this afternoon, so sitting in for him again is one time winner Big Mike, who doesn't run this place. He was the winner last Tuesday when we were filling in.
Speaker 8: For I thought I recognized this guy. I thought it was Bruce Willis. What happened to Bruce Willis?
Speaker 4: And uh looking to win a seeing our stainless steel swiggy on our studio lines. All right, Big Mike, I'll use you for this. Would you love to travel to beautiful Charleston, South Carolina, Las Vegas, Nevada, Wittier, California, or Indianapolis, Indiana. Uh, you know what I'm going to Charleston. Let's go nice, all right, Charleston. That is Todd.
Speaker 3: Hey, Todd's up?
Speaker 5: Todd?
Speaker 4: Tod, say what's up to broke Shack? There was up? How do you like my yellow glasses?
Speaker 8: I've been rocking these yellow glasses.
Speaker 3: Do you like these? Fantastic?
Speaker 4: Thank you? Todd? Speechless Todd? What do you do for a living?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 4: Really quick? In Charleston?
Speaker 3: I work in parking software, so like to text to pay parking? Oh?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 3: All right, well let's get into that.
Speaker 4: Let's go right. Here are the rules for Shack Diesel trivia. The first contestant with two correct answers is the champion. If there's a tie, we have a tie breaker question. Your name is your buzzer, but you do have to wait until all three possible answers are read. If there's two wrong answers in a row, we move on to the next question. Are you ready? Let's go?
Speaker 8: Let's get it out here, O'Neal, here's round one. All eyes are my former Lakers?
Speaker 4: Tonight?
Speaker 8: How old was Bronnie when lebron went on his first playoff run. How old was Bronnie when Lebron went on his first playoff run? Was a two months old? Eighteen months old? Or see, Bronnie wasn't born.
Speaker 4: Yet, Mike, Mike, Mike got in there first. Brownie wasn't born yet? No, wrong, and well, actually Todd was.
Speaker 1: Actually you got Todd, I got eighteen months.
Speaker 4: And you got one. Correct. This guy came to play, came to play, Todd halfway to a swiggy there, all right, we move on to round two.
Speaker 8: He came to play. Unlike Lebron, I like the Lakers. That's right, Shut you up tonight. What was I once quoted saying about money? Hey, it's not about how much you make? The question is are you educated enough.
Speaker 4: To keep it?
Speaker 8: B In my twenties, I stacked women and paper. The money stayed with me longer. Or see, I'm so good at shopping that I cleaned supermarket sweep out of their one hundred large grand prize.
Speaker 4: Saying about money. Big Mike got in there. Yeah, oh, he is correct.
Speaker 8: It's not about how much money you make. The question is are you educated enough to keep it?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 4: Right, So we got a good battle so far. Todd and Mike on the board as we moved to round three.
Speaker 3: Check O'Neal. Great to be here. Very busy week for me.
Speaker 8: Who is the head coach that was fired by the Memphis Grizzlies just four weeks ago? Hey, Taylor Jenkins, B Taylor Jones. Oh C genors Taylor.
Speaker 4: God for the win.
Speaker 2: I'm going to b.
Speaker 4: B Taylor Jones. No, you be wrong, Mike, Mike for the steal and the wind. Hey, hey, Taylor Jenkins is correct, Mike, back to back. He's like me and my prime and belly to belly. Look at that belly. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Round of a blow, said Todd. You're swiggy. You're a stainless steel water bottle.
Speaker 4: I know, Todd, you want my swiggy bro.
Speaker 1: I'll take it as long as they turn your mic back off.
Speaker 3: Definitely getting it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put two Swiggies in his package, the blue one and the black one. What did I ever do to you people? I want it?
Speaker 1: I ever thank you Todd.
Speaker 3: Coozies too for that.
Speaker 4: All right, shack, thank you all, thank you. Let's go. Yeah, good luck. Hey you used to the Let's go thank you all right later, dude, thank you, duck your head right there.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, thank you Shack. Yo, he is just massive. You guys understand how big Shack is really tall. Shaq heel O'Neill. Thank you Shack. It's always great to see him tuesdays here on the show. Some Shack Diesel Whack Diesel Trivia and congrats again.
Speaker 3: That's Swiggy. I'm telling you it's a nice one.
Speaker 2: And if you want to qualify for a Swiggy, it's midnight Black. We used to have the those nice blue ones. Now we got a midnight Black one. All you have to do is subscribe to our podcast for free. Just search Covino and Rich, leave a nice review and Danny g pick's names randomly. So leave a nice review and you qualify that it's bribery out its finest and I'm cool with it. I'm cool with it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Question for you as you just escored a check out. Yeah, way to go, Mike, by the way, on a streak. T Wolves and Grizzlies tonight, I'm sorry, T Wolves and Lakers tonight. Grizzlies are they gonna get beat by fifty? I was talking to Shack in the lobby before I agree with him. He was saying that Lakers got this one. Remember what Reddick said last time. Mentally they were there, Physically they were not. They weren't ready ready for all that physicality. So they make adjustments, they come back, they win tonight. But I think they got their hands full of the series. Man, I look at it this way. Grizzlies Thunder, that's is that even worth watching? I mean they lost, came one by fifty plus. I mean that that's just a quintessential, like one seed that's just gonna dominate through the first round. But t Wolves Lakers, that's seven o'clock out here on the West side Lake game on the East coast. Do you think that it's a must win? I hate when people say must win. You can't fall beyond two to oh as as the home team.
Speaker 4: No, absolutely you cannot.
Speaker 5: I think you're actually wrong about the grizz I think they come back.
Speaker 4: I think really hard.
Speaker 3: I think it's a close game.
Speaker 2: Okay, see, I guess because of the ass whoop and they took in Game one, Vegas has okay, se favored by fifteen h that's a high point.
Speaker 4: John Moran said, you will never see me and my team play that bad ever again. So if you're slapped in the face. That bad. Just for respectability, you got to come back.
Speaker 3: What do we always say?
Speaker 2: You can't determine really anything after game one. It's not the be all end all, So you make adjustments. I think the Lakers. I think the Grizzlies make the same adjustments that the Lakers make tonight. So you would say, realistically, you like the Lakers by five. I think then you like grizzlyes, thunder games and beyond clothes, and you like the Grizzlies covering the fifteen points. Oh yeah, yeah, I'll take that. I don't think they're necessarily gonna win, but yeah, hit it, hit up a little parlay tonight, Grizzlies getting fifteen, Lakers by five and a half.
Speaker 3: Bucks Pacers do you like? Uh?
Speaker 2: Like Indiana by five, four and a half? Five over the Bucks? You think the Bucks fall two to oh now.
Speaker 3: Let's stick with the other two.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Game And there was a lot of trash talk, and you saw a dame saying, wait for me, I'm gonna get on the court.
Speaker 2: Right he's clear, So that's a factor. Well, hey, listen, we got more and rich in for DP little NBA. And there's a story I know you wanted to get thank you Cove. Something we we mentioned yesterday on our show, and it has to do with Nico Harrison.
Speaker 3: Yes, he underestimated.
Speaker 2: Dallas's love for Luco, which is crazy because, as I said yesterday.
Speaker 3: That's his job to know.
Speaker 2: That job is to know what the fans want, so they shouldn't dictate his moves.
Speaker 3: But how does he not know just the thought about Luca the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Nico Harrison will do that next CNR In for Dan Patrick right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to the show Gram program.
Speaker 3: No amateur Gram here program.
Speaker 2: There's a professional Gram known throughout the land as Covino and Rich co ov in O Covino and Rich. Just a kid from Union, New Jersey man out here in the mean streets of La In for Dan Patrick. Sorry live from the Marios to say, I was just I was talking to some of the editors smoothing and Hobbobs. I'm going to burst and knack in because you never stop. You're the y happiest guy. I know, well anyway, interrupting other people from doing their job.
Speaker 3: What are you talking to? The stories? What you what you talk about?
Speaker 2: I'm talking about Earth Day, bro, Happy earth Day.
Speaker 3: I guess what's the tree? Look at that?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: We are live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. And most cars on the road could use a little TLC.
Speaker 3: Don't quo chasing waterfalls. That's tender love and care.
Speaker 2: Go to Maco Makeup brings your car back to life with affordable paint jobs like collision repairs. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get Maco. I was talking to everybody, Big Sexy Ryan Birch, Big Mike. Everyone's in the hallway talking and you see Shack on his way out.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, he's always fun.
Speaker 2: Question for you, just a thought of if A And I'm not gonna give anything away because I don't want to be that guy. But when a hot TV show HBO, Apple TV, Netflix, if there's a huge plot twist, or someone dies or something happens, what's what now? Because everyone watches things at different times because it's all on demand and it's all streaming, when can you actually talk about these things? Because I'm not giving anything away, but yeah, I give it like two weeks. Big sexy Ryan who runs a board from her week for the Herd. Usually Yeah, yesterday Ryan Choco cheeks, Choco cheeks Ryan like sexy chocolate.
Speaker 3: Yesterday he ruined.
Speaker 2: The Last of Us for Danny Jada And I'm not giving away spos. But did we I think everyone by now knows there was a big plot twist in episode two of the new season. I didn't know what that was until I watched because I didn't talk to Ryan, but apparently he came in here yesterday. He did, you guys see blank? Could's what's the appropriate waiting time in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: I would say give people one week to catch up on one week.
Speaker 2: Yes, Today's fast movie. I said two weeks. I take it back. I agree with Danny because if you lasted one week, it's a miracle, like nothing on social media spoiled it for you, like one week. Because everything moves so fast, there's always new stuff. Can't wait around for other people, like hey man, we gave you a week. Yeah, But if it's a show like White Lotus or The Last of Us, like a very topical show, I have to wait a week to talk about what happened on Sunday night. Yeah, you can't like just hold it out of respect for that guy who was a little busy. You gotta be apping about it and knowing it for everybody. You never want to be the person.
Speaker 3: That ruins it.
Speaker 2: I'm not listen. You might be you might have been busy Sunday night. Hey, you might have been a busy Monday, Tuesday. I think by midweek. No, I think when the same thing applies for sporting events, I don't think that applies like, yeah, if someone got knocked out and you missed the fight, like, yeah, next day you should know. I mean that day, Like, how do you not know? You're not spoiling little man? I wanted to watch it, Like there have been time man UFC was this past weekend. There have been times where I had something for my kid, like I don't know, my daughter had gymnastics, or my son had to go somewhere a kid's birthday party. There have been times where a DV yard a football game and I know I'm gonna watch like an hour on delay. I turned my phone notifications off from any of you guys because I don't want to see anything I think sports same day next day for a show, No way, a week at least a week. Yeah, Sporting events are like the news. It's like, you can't you know, you can't delay, don't tell me, don't tell me.
Speaker 3: It's like it's live, real stuff.
Speaker 4: It's like a show.
Speaker 3: And if you're really a fan, how do you avoid it? In your algorithm?
Speaker 2: You're gonna see that so and so won the fight, or so and so won the game, Like there's no way, Like, how did you miss it?
Speaker 3: I spoiled it for you?
Speaker 2: You didn't see our buddy Michael Yo, who's always on TV comedian.
Speaker 4: He just hit a yo.
Speaker 2: Michael Yo goes, yes, a week rich, don't be a duck, but I don't think he meant a duck.
Speaker 3: Don't be a.
Speaker 8: The r.
Speaker 3: So you know what, I'll go with the week.
Speaker 2: I'll accept that, but don't be the guy or the woman that walks into work the next day and like, can you believe what happened?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 3: A quick story. This is from a different time.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 2: This was from a different time, and it was long past the statute of limitations.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 2: I had a girlfriend who had seen six cents right with Bruce Willis, who looks like the guy that Big Mike runs. But yeah, yeah, I had a girlfriend. I'm like, you didn't see six Cents? Are you serious? Think of the excitement I had. I had it on DVD. You remember when you had your collection, you all proud of it.
Speaker 4: I got it right here.
Speaker 3: Did you buy it best by?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I brought my best buy DVD. I brought it to her house and she was living with her parents at the time. This is early two thousands, right, and we're at her parents' house, new relationship. I was so excited to show her this movie because he had such a sweet twist and you're just waiting for that quick bomb to drop where she's like, no way, and dude.
Speaker 3: Her parents came home while we were watching a movie.
Speaker 2: And she said, then you took your hands off her. So yeah, I took my hands off her. And then I was like, that's I know, but it's true. Creepy but true. But he stopped grabbing her cheeks. I remember the parents walked in, what are you guys watching? Oh she never saw sixth Sense. The mother goes, oh, yeah, I can't believe he was dead the whole time.
Speaker 3: And I was like, no, why would you do that, why would you ruin it?
Speaker 2: I think it's a different time, in a different place. There's a long time ago.
Speaker 4: We were so close to the Ah.
Speaker 3: You ruin it.
Speaker 2: So you never want to be the spoiler person. And something drastic or dramatic happened. Let's just say this weekend on HBO, Max and Big Ryan ruined it for everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well some of it was my fault. Later the week prior, I had told him about it, He's like, Nah, I'm not watching it. I like the video game. I don't think they're gonna stay true to the storyline. So I convinced him to watch it.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 4: It was kind of like that. He was like, the video games better. He came back in He's like, you're right, it's good and they stayed true to the video game Dad, And I was like, oh, man, I haven't seen the second episode yet. I knew. I knew what happened happened though in the video game. I just didn't know they were going to stay true to it on the show. We happened and Big Ryan ruined it for Danny g and other people.
Speaker 2: A day later, So, you know what, I gotta give a little bit of a grace period, because sometimes you have a busy schedule and you miss it. Based on the feedback we're getting, I like the week or a week the week, and I'll give you the example also because it was only weeks ago where I think our spot you were traveling and you were like Carino, don't you dare tell me about the white lotus family. And there was a couple of days where I felt like Cavino is getting a little too close and I saw a spot was like a spot you.
Speaker 3: He said I'll punch you in the face. That's not where I said I'd punch it, but yeah, but.
Speaker 2: I think he said, hell, yes, speedbag you. And I think that's a fair rule a week. Write it down, as Bill Maher would say, new rule. By the way, have you seen uh, have you seen Bill Maher's explanation of his hang with President Trump?
Speaker 3: I gotta watch that later today. Spot you said it was good.
Speaker 2: No, but don't spoil it for me, all right, before we go, you did promise that we talked Nico Harrison. Now we're running out of time, so just know we did talk about it on our regular show, which you can catch on the podcast just search Coveno and Rich but it's about being known for one thing. He could go on and have the greatest career and win a few more championships, right, and have a stellar resume. We'd have to win first before a few more. Well, win a few championships. Yeah, I'm thinking Dallas winning. But he's always gonna be known for the guy that made probably the worst trade ever, the guy that got rid of Luca.
Speaker 3: That's what he'll be known for.
Speaker 2: And he said yesterday he underestimated Dallas's love for Luca.
Speaker 3: That's such a misstep. Not trying to pile on the guy.
Speaker 2: It just his And it got us thinking about the unfortunate times you're remembered for one thing. Yeah, and you know, the greatest guy, but you f one goat sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We posted a real fun clip at Covin and Rich about this, and it also gotta be thinking that.
Speaker 3: Does winning cure all though?
Speaker 2: Like let's say we do look down the line and he does win a championship as a front office guy, do we forget about it?
Speaker 3: I mean, but he'll always be remembered for that.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see you guys tomorrow back at our regular time, and Dan Patrick will be back tomorrow with the dan Nets doing the show live from Green Bay for the NFL Draft. We'll see you guys then. Until then, thanks again for letting us fell in. Thank you at Covino and Rich check us out and check our podcast.
Speaker 3: Read it there, che baby, to see you in the Promised Land.