Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and now he arm Strong and.
Speaker 3: Jetty Lifelong friends of the man police say carried out the deadly attack on a Mormon church in Michigan say he dated a Mormon woman and descended into heavy methamphetamine youse while living in Utah. Peter and Francis Tercini say after alleged gunman Thomas Jacob Sandford's relationship ended with the woman and he returned to Michigan he had changed. Peter Tercini says Sandford went on rants about Mormon's Francis Tercini writing in a Facebook post that man that came back from Utah wasn't the same.
Speaker 2: He was a puppet and the puppeteer was Satan. So he gets dumped by a woman who's Mormon, which makes him angry, and he's a heavy matthewser, what are you supposed to take from that in terms of some sort of societal meaning anything.
Speaker 1: Angry guy committing suicide and taking people with him, right horrible.
Speaker 2: I'd say a couple of different things. Want to get to here. First of all, there's a new book out about Senator Bob Menendez. If you remember him, he was a prominent senator. I mean he was a chair of some of your big committees and all that sort of thing. Gold bar Menindez. You remember when he got busted with him and his wife. They were taking gold bars from Egypt, among other things. He'd been a crook forever and gotten away with it, got in trouble a couple of times, he got away, but finally gold bars with direct connections to Egypt were just too much.
Speaker 1: But his wife, Mercedes Boobooman, she was something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ni Nidine Menndez. She's doing four and a half years in prison for bribery in corruption also, And this segment of the book that I was reading about was all about when he met her. And it's just what's interesting to me is that kind of woman. And maybe y' all know some or maybe some of you are that, uh, you're I was gonna say, a hot woman, but it's often not like the hottest of the hot it's just you're you're pretty attractive, and you decide to make your way through the world on that by attaching yourselves to politicians or rock stars or successful businessmen or whatever in the most like transparent way. But you you attach yourselves to the kind of guys that don't care that it's transparent, that they're only with you for the fact that you're a rock star or a senator or have a lot of money. Both both of you know what you're doing, and I find that just so disgusting all the way around the fact that you both know exactly what you're doing and are okay with it. It's one thing to be fooled like you're you're you're a US senator and an attractive woman and you think she loves you and everything like that. But it's clear from this relationship and all the people she'd gone through. The excerpt was so interesting. She'd been with so many different rich or powerful people, and it seems like everybody knew exactly what was going there all the time. Nobody's pretending anything else. It's just it's also slimy. Her and her friends were all that kind of woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I have a friend who has an ex who turned out to be that sort of person, and he told me, uh, her her mom was too, and that was just the model. See, there's nothing in my background that would make me think, hey, I've got an idea. Right, we have this nakedly transactional you're hot, I'm rich thing. But if you grew up with I didn't have a cynical view of marriage, I guess you'd have to have that.
Speaker 2: But there are a lot of you women who are very attractive, who who just like go through life like normal, and our attraction churche is aside part of your life or personality or whatever, but you don't make that your This is how I'm going to end up being with a senator. And if this thing with the senator, if he gets tired of me, I'll go to a rock star. Just just sounds like such an exhausting life for a CEO or something. Yeah, yeah, And that's exactly what she does. She would go to parties. Well, well, this happens all the time when the somebody becomes aware in the news and you find out that she dated you know, five different people you've heard of because they just they hang out at those kind of parties.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, yeah, Well, you know, if you were going to make a counter argument, and it's not like I'm doing this personally, but the accounter. Argument would be, and you certainly know this, that getting together marrying for love and having it not go well is crushing. It's it's horrible, true to ask. So how about I just get into a relationship. We're both happy, we both know what to expect, and yeah, I mean, we're not crazy in love. But what the hell, it's a nice lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I don't know, Like, I can't arguing.
Speaker 1: In favor of that. I just think that's probably the point of view.
Speaker 2: I get the guy who thinks it's love, but the guy who knows I'm a troll. She's only with me because I'm a senator. Ah, that just seems like a heck of a thing to wake up and think every day.
Speaker 1: No friends with benefits? What are the benefits? Let's talk.
Speaker 2: We got the gold bars coming in from Egypt. Don That's that's the cool thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're just explaining in that book how she and her friends would go to parties and they would know who is going to be there, and they would spot them have a discussion amongst themselves. So who is going to approach whom? You know, kind of split him up. Okay, you go, you go with the CEO. I'm going to go talk to the Senator horrible.
Speaker 1: My daughter, who interned with a couple of different organizations that included the very powerful in Washington.
Speaker 4: D C.
Speaker 1: At one point she said to me, it's all really interesting and exciting, but you can feel your soul dying.
Speaker 2: I'm sure. And then somebody like sender Menindez, because I assume he didn't start a crook in his life, is sold deadened throughout the whole many many many years of being around government, and probably got cynical enough where he thought, hey, everybody's getting rich. I' might just rich who cares sure.
Speaker 1: Being a powerful man in New Jersey. Forget about it.
Speaker 2: It's all a game. Yeah, something more uplifting. I want to read a little bit of this. Richard Lowry writing in the New York Post about the Mississippi Miracle, and he's very annoyed by that term that people have attached to it, as he writes, there's nothing miraculous. We're talking about the education thing. We've talked about a lot. The Mississippi went from last in the country to like top five first in some categories.
Speaker 1: A couple other states too.
Speaker 2: The Mississippi Miracle and he said, there's nothing miraculous about a state that adopts phonics and sets high standards for its kids getting better results in reading instruction. This to the country is a predictable outcome, not a miracle. It's exactly what you would expect to happen, and a replicable one, as other Southern states have taken up similar policies and are getting the same results. I think that's a very good point to make.
Speaker 1: Oh it's frustrating, though, isn't it. I mean, it's a good story, but that you have to explain to people how they did it and how successful it is, and then talk them out of continuing to pursue exactly the wrong policies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like the idea quick call it a miracle. I don't know what would be a good name the Mississippi going back to what has always worked towards the little cumbers obvious. I don't know, but that's a much better point to make. We started doing what has always worked for like two thousand years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, went back to it.
Speaker 2: It's not a miracle.
Speaker 1: It's a good point and a solid point. I just I think calling it to Mississippi miracle gets people's attention. I suppose it all this shiny object.
Speaker 2: It all came out of a piece written in two thousand and two called illiteracy is a policy choice that actually came out of Florida, and that's where it all started. I Unfortunately for my kids, and thank god, my older son, who really dealt with this is can read fine. But he landed in kindergarten right at the time where they did away with phonics and they no longer believed in phonics and they went with sight words. And looking back on it, I'm horribly embarrassed that I went along with it. But as my first kid in first year school and Okay, this is what we're doing now, and we would practice the site words at home and it never really worked. Of course it didn't. The idea that you just taken the word as a whole as opposed to sound it out with phonics, it's just a dumb idea on its face.
Speaker 1: There are too many effing words for one thing. Yeah, the creative spelling, the whole language approach, it was a fad adopted by those layers of PhD administrators to justify their existence. If you come to the school board and say I've got an innovative, great new policy. It's to do what we've always done because it works really, really well. Then what the hell are you doing there? So education has these fads every so often.
Speaker 2: If you're unfamiliar with this, because I sat through the lecture about it before we started teaching our kids this way. Uh, there was this new theory that people don't actually learn to read through sounds. You take in a word as a whole. That's the way the brain works. And then they would throw around some mumbo jump up and looking back on it, and I should have thought at this time, it doesn't make any sense. No, who has ever picked up a word like that? I mean, when you come across a word, you don't know, you're just taking it all at once. No, of course you don't.
Speaker 1: No, especially because writing is really just it's a it's a way to record spoken language. And kids learn spoken language way way way before they learn to read. Sure, they know what see Jane run means long before they can read those words. So you've just got to help them learn how to identify in print sounds that they've heard before. And you get older, you learn new words through reading. But that's you know, a different phase in your life. But to see again, the part that makes me insane and wants to make me want to pummel people with both my fists is that there was never any problem with the old approach. The phonics approame with math worked great one hundred years ago, fifty years ago, and twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: Same with math, the same with the math. Math was fine, there was there was nobody. Nobody was having any trouble with the way we always learned math. You didn't need to develop a new way to do it.
Speaker 1: A cure in search of a disease, as the old saying goes.
Speaker 2: Has that gone away because my kids are out past that age where they're learning math at that But that was horrible?
Speaker 1: Oh my good progressive places, they are still fighting tooth and nail against reinstituting phonics, even as they fight to have secretly guide your son into becoming a girl.
Speaker 2: So I think phonics is just part of it. I think maybe the most important part of what Mississippi is doing in those other southern states is having standards and holding people to them. They've done away with I forget what the soft phrase they use when I was young, Did you hear Jimmy flunked, he's gonna have to take fourth grading over again. They went from flunked to hell back to just did away with the policy completely. Wich is terrible. We're gonna move on a kid who's not ready for the next grade so he doesn't feel bad about himself. Oh, he's gonna feel great being in that fifth grade class and not understanding anything and being in embarrassing himself every day. That's gonna be great for his self esteem, and even better when he gets the sixth grade and he's still behind because he couldn't pick up the fifth grade stuff.
Speaker 1: And if you're not quite at the point of wanting to join me in beating on people, here's one more for you. Keep in mind. At the same time, any programs for exceptionally bright and capable kids were eliminated, all right, because that's not equity. Both if anyone excels that, the other kids feel bad. So let's take our best and brightest, our future leaders and scientists and innovators and crush their spirits. That's equity.
Speaker 2: But Mississippi brought back holding kids back a year if they aren't ready yet, which just you know, seems like the obviously best thing to do for the kid.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not a miracle. It's the obvious stuff we always used to do. But yes, Michael, we.
Speaker 1: Have politicians that aren't quite ready for hess.
Speaker 2: She grew up in the software of Philadelphia. Any thoughts on this text line four one five ftc.
Speaker 1: Armstrong? Heety, we know about you. You get up.
Speaker 2: How about you break out those moves for your two biggest fans.
Speaker 1: That's the charming Netflix show Coco Melon Lane. Think about the visual? Is a little boy dancing with his two gay dads in address.
Speaker 2: He's in a dress, or the dad he's in a dress.
Speaker 1: The little boys dance around in address with his gay fathers. They're on Netflix. So listen of the show Coco Melon Lane. Why is he in address because he's a little transgender boy. I'm sure that's beautiful and that's good and he should be transgender and everybody should. Uh anyway, then you've got this everybody should.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 2: Hey, put Caro on him? Yo?
Speaker 4: You see this person right here?
Speaker 1: Is this him?
Speaker 4: Would it be crazy if we actually found the guy right now? Because we saw a person who was literally fitting the description, who just walked down walk by her camera.
Speaker 1: A man suspected of committing multiple robberies in Colorado was caught by TV news crews while they were filming a segment about him. This guy wandered into the live shot and the uh. One of the anchors did a double take after seeing this scumbag walk across the street behind him.
Speaker 2: Can I hear it again now that I know what it is?
Speaker 1: Yo? Hey put caro on him? Yo?
Speaker 2: You see this person?
Speaker 4: My hair? Is this him? Would it be crazy if we actually found the guy right now because we saw a person who was literally fitting the description, who just walked down walked by her camera.
Speaker 2: Actually asked?
Speaker 1: Crew quickly called nine one one, alerted the police to is the guy's presence. Within ten minutes he'd been arrested. Yeah, that's some good law enforcement. A little more what's that, Michael? Okay?
Speaker 2: A little more.
Speaker 1: Pot pourrie propos of nothing. Guitarist Ronnie Woods said the Rolling Stones have a new album that's done in coming out for some reason, for some reason, and he also suggested they could be heading back out on tour soon.
Speaker 2: Goudy's reading about the way they recorded the last one, and like you know, Keith Richards is in the Bahamas and mixing Paris, and they don't. They they are never in the same room together until the first time they do a concert, and then they're briefly in the same room wherever they're doing the concert, and then they get into different limos and go to different hotels. It's a very weird thing they got going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's funny. It's easy to be cynical about this, obviously, but they're all richer than God, especially Keith and Mick. They must just really really love it.
Speaker 2: You you'd have to. But so you've always said that. I've always always said that. I always assumed that if you love it so much, why wouldn't you take the time to get together in a studio and like put some effort into it if you like it so much, Because they treat it like it's a task that somebody's making them do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I guess Keith, at whatever age is, is pushing Ady if he isn't there already, just has some musical ideas that he really really wants to get down.
Speaker 2: Really, dude, can't you jump on a private plane like it's not a lot of work and we'll meet I'm aware and do this stuff.
Speaker 1: Together, right, Look, there's the drummer right here with us. Isn't that fun? Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 2: How are you? How are you all weathering the government shutdown so far? Are you okay?
Speaker 1: Well? Leieve it or not. I have a couple of interesting points about the shutdown.
Speaker 2: I know it's a tough day for a lot of us Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: Well, guys, Congress failed to reach an agreement on a spending deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: That crazy feeling when your phone batter is at one percent?
Speaker 1: That's our government right now.
Speaker 5: That's where you're like, Yeah, this will be the first government shutdown since twenty eighteen, not including Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: At the debate.
Speaker 2: I yeah, So that's one of my two things I'm willing to say about the government shutdown. One do you remember we had one that lasted over a month in twenty eighteen? Do you remember it at all? I don't, not at all, And it lasted over a month, And this one probably won't. This one will probably in this afternoon or Friday morning or Sunday, and it'll never be bamba one right, first Trump term twenty eighteen?
Speaker 1: Oh right, right, yeah, huh, I'll be damned. Yeah, the memories the memories.
Speaker 2: The government shut down for over a month, and like, I have no memory of it at all.
Speaker 1: The only really interesting part of this to me is the Democrats strategy, because it's not over a specific policy or bill or anything. It's just this really kind of sad effort to be seen as fighting against Trump. And they're making claims about medicare or is it medicare medicaid, I can never remember which one we're talking about. But what they're claiming about how it would cut the Affordable Care Act isn't even close to true. And I've got a bunch of statistics about how I mean, if you're like not even close to poor, your cost for the Obamacare is fifty two dollars a week. If you're two hundred and fifty percent of the poverty line, two hundred and fifty percent, taxpayers pick up more than two thirds of year premium. Wow, people are anywhere close to poor pay nothing, I mean almost nothing, and that will continue. This is just a little trimming of the so called Inflation Reduction Act super bonus extras that the Democrats themselves set twenty twenty five expiration date on, and the Republicans are saying, yeah, it's expiring, and it ought to expire, so let's move on with our lives. And for that they're trying to brand the Republicans is somehow gutting Obamacare and kicking poor people out on the street. And the other part, I'm sorry, did you have a comment on that.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: The other part that I find really really interesting and what I wanted to get to is they're also trying to eliminate the free plans where people have no skin in the game. The Republicans are. And here's why. Making these plans free has allowed insurers to get paid for people who don't even know they're enrolled. Forty percent of those in the fully subsidized plans that's the Freebee plans had zero claims in twenty twenty four. And that number cannot be explained by well, they're healthy, because you have all sorts of statistical data on how often people go to the doctor and make claims in that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: These insurance companies that are part of the Obama Care swirling ocean of cash that Craig Gottwaltz warned us about at the very beginning of it, and he's been right about everything. Uh, the companies that are making such huge profits off these plans are just like enrolling people who have no idea.
Speaker 2: They're enrolled, that is why, and.
Speaker 1: Getting paid for it. And the Republicans are just trying to stop that. And for that, Hakeem Jefferies with his newly grown dark black mustache, really good look.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And and Chuck, I have no soul, Shumer are trying to pretend like you know, Mike Johnson is scissor kicking pregnant poor ladies in the mouth if they try to go to the doctor. It's just horrible. So shut it down. I'm sure to lend just great for you.
Speaker 2: Chuck, Well, it's uh. They somehow believe that voters go to the polls for the next election and vote on the shutdowns. They don't. We don't, we don't know. I don't think about it at all.
Speaker 1: No, not the moment it ends, and hardly during.
Speaker 2: Right, and so now it's the until it ends, which again it'll probably be in the next couple of days. Until it ends. It's the pr battle with the help of the mainstream media to try to spin it as a something awful. The Republicans did.
Speaker 1: Whatever, knock yourself have a good time. Hey, can we run my favorite clip of the day again? I love this clip. It's number fifteen, Michael. So this is in Portland. The FEDS who are protecting the federal buildings and workers there in Portland and finally standing up against the Antifa scumbags and radicals and jackasses in Portland that have ruined that well, you know, at Portland's having a bit of a comeback, but that have made so much of Portland unpleasant. They're warning them through a megaphone that they have to get off the sidewalks clear to the streets, et cetera. They're in violation, blah blah blah. But listen carefully to the voice.
Speaker 2: In the moment.
Speaker 4: To allow for meticular traffic remain on the sidewalk across the street.
Speaker 2: Everyone this restricted area or risk for the restricted area.
Speaker 1: So they've used AI to have Donald Trump pread that warning to everybody through the megaphone to troll them Trump. That's right, hilarious. I love that.
Speaker 2: And so when they send the National Guard to Portland, are there going to be fat generals there?
Speaker 4: More?
Speaker 2: There won't the more fat generals. We are done with that, That's right.
Speaker 1: Fat admirals sinking their ships through their sheer, blubbery girth. You can't have it not with China is lean and mean. To strike a serious note, they are literally lean and literally mean. And if we want to have a chance in the next half century, we got to get leaner and meaner.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised you're not all about the Cubs being in the playoffs. Usually you are throughout the years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have been, but I you know, I became a Giants fan, a big Giants fan when many many moons ago we moved to California and then uh and I just kind of drifted away. It was when the Giants hired that America hating jackass and they rectified that. They got rid of them and hired some good baseball people who they just fired I think, but the habit was gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that happens once you get out, because I did that with the NFL when my kids were born and I was a huge NFL fan. I got out and if you're if you stay out for a couple of years, it's it's worked to get back in because you don't know who anybody is and it's hard to get back into it again. I've always been somewhat consistent on baseball I was noticed in last night. This is just kind of interesting from that whole scandal a couple of years ago when the Houston Astros had the they were stealing and then sending Morris Code by banging a bat on a trash can to signal simple and brilliant. Yeah, and that's that's known, right, that's not just a theory. That's they nailed that down.
Speaker 1: I think, oh yeah, they got hammered for it.
Speaker 2: Regardless. Watching playoff Baseball last night several different games, there are a lot of those players that are on teams now and carry the teams. They were really good players, so they were cheating and they're really good players. Oh yeah, yeah, you gotta be both. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I mean, tell me precisely what major league pitch is coming at me. I ain't hitting it. You got to be really, really good.
Speaker 2: That dude that was pitching for the Red Sox last night, they left him in as opposed to other pitchers that got pulled out yesterday. Because the pitch counts such a big deal in the modern world. You don't go over a certain number. Back in the day, they'd left you out there until your arm fell off, but the dude they left in for the Red Sox through his hardest pitch of the night on his last pitch, he had retired seventeen in a row, struck out a guy with one hundred point two mile an hour fastball. His fastest pitch of the night was his one hundred and seventeenth pitch, most he'd ever pitched in one game. That was awesome. The Yankees had bases loaded bottom of the night at the Yankee Stadium, which is like your movie scenario, no out.
Speaker 1: How far were they behind?
Speaker 2: It was three to one I think at the time basis loaded, I mean absolutely in it. Oh yeah, absolutely, yeah, I mean and then then they ended up straying all three.
Speaker 1: God, I love baseball so much.
Speaker 2: It is weird. The playoff baseball is awesome.
Speaker 1: What other check it back in?
Speaker 2: Apparently Troy Aikman bad mouth the broadcast the other night for Sunday Night Football. I wasn't watching it, but it was a blowout game and there were a bunch of flags being thrown and he was complaining about it, saying, this is just a terrible product we're offering here. What are they doing? So do you think that that makes sense like if a game's a blowout, stop throwing flags. Just let the thing get over with. I don't know what I think about that.
Speaker 1: I could loosening it up a little bit, so, you know, getting back to baseball, I have it on pretty good authority that if it's seventeen to one, that strike zones getting big. Oh really, because we've all got places to go. Have Both teams want it, the Umps want it, the hot dog vendors want it. The fans are already gone. Let's get this beach over.
Speaker 2: With Corey Well, who's enjoying this. This is a terrible.
Speaker 1: Product talking about We're gonna go under the hood and this stinking blowouts. Stop it.
Speaker 2: Okay, we will finish strong next.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 6: Speaking yesterday about the cost of higher education, Governor A. Round De Santis promoted the new College of Florida to parents nationwide and added quote, would you rather visit your kid in January in Michigan or Sarasota? Does this guy even know how college works? Nobody visits their kid in January?
Speaker 2: They were just for.
Speaker 1: Hm hmmm. It wasn't a show stopper, but it's certainly slowed it down. Yeah, uh, Jack, I have and you will dispute this, but I stand ready to defend myself. I have a fascinating note on the shutdown. Okay, fascinating might oversell it. Can I have a second take? I have a mildly interesting note on the shutdown. So I'm going through this checklist on uh, you know, will social Security checks go out? Will national parks close?
Speaker 2: Baba?
Speaker 1: How could the shutdown affect travel? Transportation Security Administration employees and air traffic controllers would work without pay, but travelers could see longer security lines or delays, especially if employees skip on paid work. Wait a minute, you're telling me the TSA is going to be surlier and less engaged, the TSA is going to be in a bad mood, and air traffic controllers are going.
Speaker 2: To be resentful. Now you've got my attention. They eventually get paid. We all know this, right, You've been through enough of these shutdowns to realize they eventually get paid. So and and and unless it goes for a while, you get your check exactly the same time you always get your check, so uh, it rarely means anything. So that's way over. So I was listening news this morning, and they use the example of for instance, this Friday, the inflation numbers are supposed to come out, and with the government shut down, those numbers may not come out on time. And I thought, if that's the best you can do for how horrific the shutdown is for America, and I think we'll be all right. That's your that's your best example, Mommy.
Speaker 1: What's the current inflation?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I just don't know, honey, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Did you see this story that there's another Jeffrey Epstein out there and he's even worse what This guy Howard ruben X new York City financier with not as rich as Epstein, not worth billions, but worth many tens of millions, well known in the Big Apple. He just got arrested the other day. And there's a lot of similarities with Epstein. He had been trafficking and torturing playboy models and other women in his Midtown Manhattan penthouse sex dungeon for many, many, many years, good god like, including beating them and electrocuting them. I mean, so he was a degree worse than Epstein. But the interesting thing to me is they've also arrested this woman just like Gislaane Maxwell. He had a pretty attractive woman who worked with him that apparently they had no sexual relationship between them, but she was the one that would find the women and bring him to them, and he paid for everything that she did. He financed her life, her and her husband. She was the you know, assistant. Apparently that's what these people do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I've been aware of some really troubling uh sex trafficking rings, including child sex trafficking rings, and there's some utterly brutal, soulless women involved in those rings. Almost always, that's our goal, is to gain the trust of the victims.
Speaker 2: WA's their job because this is usually portrayed as a dude thing obviously, but they have these women helpers that can go out and get the chicks for them. God dang it got and some of the texts that they had in between the two of them in the New York Post were rough because he would he was into the whole hitting people thing, and like one of his texts he sent, I went, I went pretty far on this one. We're gonna have to work really hard to give her enough money for her to keep her mouth shut. Wow, I mean, like, yeah, it's brutal. Oh, my ma is super well known, you know, man about town. What is wrong with people?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Money can buy a lot, including that lifestyle. I guess for a while, God, yeah, I guess. Sick.
Speaker 2: How much time do we have?
Speaker 1: Michael A minute at thirty minute thirty? You know, I've got believe it or not, some really interesting follow up stuff on Charlie Kirk and his assassination and the reaction to it. Probably don't have time to get into it exactly, but the way I was going to get into it was, I was talking to a friend yesterday. I'll just leave it at that. We have an association, we deal with each other. But he was dealing with a person very bright, personable, likable fella political lefty, and this guy was at this point and it was I think earlier this week, guy's completely convinced, be on a shadow of doubt that the young man who assassinated Charlie Kirk was a MAGA enthusiast who thought Charlie Kirk didn't go far enough. That hole completely convinced of that still, and then went on a rant and the irony police are going to lay down their arms and retire. Then went on a rant about how people are brainwashed by Fox News and how it is so one sided. And my friend was like, what do you say to somebody? Like he was not in a position to say anything to the guy for reasons of commerce. But it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd say, I don't know how society works when he got that completely different set of facts out there.
Speaker 1: The president of the College Professors Association in America is still claiming Charlie Kirk's assassin was a right wing kid. It's amazing. Down strong, it's.
Speaker 4: Strong.
Speaker 2: You're ready. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the day. There is Michelangelo pressing the buttons in the controller. Michael, what's your final thought? You know what I love about playoffs baseball is that there's always the role players that become superstars, and then you have the superstars that shrink.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, it happens, Katie Green are esteemed to use woman as a final thought. Katie, I've already informed my husband that we will be referring to it as a shower poof from here on. There you go. It's the proper term.
Speaker 2: Jacka final thought for us yeah, show Hey with Tani did not shrink last night. Two home runs in Game one for the Dodgers. But it's hard to root for a team with the payroll that they've got. I mean, it's so close to buy in a World Series and just I don't know, I have trouble getting on board with that.
Speaker 1: Oh near a longtime band wagon jump or two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what one feels extra dirty.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: My final thought is echoing something we discussed earlier in the show. Ask if they're teaching phonics at your kids' schools, and if they're not, get them out of there. The crazes that took hold in American education over the last twenty years, the Woke period and screwed up these kids' ability to learn is just unforgivable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe even talk to people in your school boarder, teachers or whatever about the Hey you heard about the Mississippi miracle. What do you think of that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Bring it up a lot.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty Wraight pick up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: So many people, thanks, so little time. Go to Armstrong and Getty dot com. The clique though, the clicks, the hot links, Katie's Corner. You can email us mail bag at Armstrong Yeddy dot com. Pick up a T shirt or a hoodie or a hat or something for your favorite A and G fan and it helps keep everybody on the payroll.
Speaker 5: Dring.
Speaker 1: It's difficult times.
Speaker 2: Now we're getting close enough to Christmas too, you might want to start thinking about that. You will see them. Oh God, bless America. I'm strong and Getty.
Speaker 3: They see gender is only a construct and sex is assigned in birth, and they say.
Speaker 2: We are done with that.
Speaker 3: Transing kids by self diagnosis with no age limit, no parental notification, and no acknowledgment of social contagent.
Speaker 2: We are done with that. Homelessness is a lifestyle, Done with that. Whiteness is toxic. Don henuses in.
Speaker 3: Women's prison, done welcoming me intofada.
Speaker 2: We are done, done, done with that. Armstrong and Getty,