Speaker 1: Well, I invited you here, thought I made myself perfectly clear.
Speaker 2: But you're a guest to my home.
Speaker 3: You gotta come to me empty And I said, no, guests, your own presence is presence enough.
Speaker 1: I already had too much stuff, So how do you dare to surbey me?
Speaker 4: Welcome to I said, no gifts. I'm bridgerd Wineger. We're in the backyard. The temperature is tolerable. I'm feeling stronger than ever. I was at the dentist last week and for the first time in my life, the Hyjenna said, you floss, don't you rather than do you floss? And I'm kind of riding that high. I've integrated cottage cheese into my breakfast. That's going well. So things are I'm sailing. Let's get into the podcast. I love today's guest. It's Rachel Bloom. Rachel welcomed to. I said, no gifts.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, what a delight that you didn't do. I didn't have to sit through like a mini bio myself I can't do, which just feels like it just feels like you're getting a lifetime achievement award or like or it's almost like when you when you're in your hometown. My hometown's thirty minutes away, but you're at the supermarket.
Speaker 2: Well, what have you done lately?
Speaker 5: It's like, I don't want to tell you. I don't want to be judged.
Speaker 4: There's no like reasonable response to that sort of thing. Whenever, like you're on a podcast or whatever and somebody goes through all your cuds, what are you supposed to say? Yeah, you call me, thanks, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Plau's nice, great.
Speaker 4: And I just hope that the listener. I feel like our listener is aware enough that they see a name of the guests and they know what's going on in that guest's life.
Speaker 2: There exists. You can google people very very easily.
Speaker 4: We don't need a resume. This isn't a job interview. You're wonderful, we'll have a nice time. And then if the listener's curious if they've been living under a rock, they type it in figure out more.
Speaker 5: I would say, when it comes to me, if they've been living under rock where they're ninety nine point nine percent of the world's population, I'm really not that famous.
Speaker 4: Well, no one's famous anymore, definitely, no one.
Speaker 5: There's a list you know, every when you're making a Have you ever been involved producing like an indie movie or anything?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: You know, every actor has a number next to their name of the amount of money they are worth when it comes to financing a movie, and the arm and the narrow list of people who actually matter for movies. I want to say it's over two million dollars. It's like ten people.
Speaker 4: Of course I could probably name all of them. They're like, we all know who those people are.
Speaker 5: Everyone House the Dragon currently Bridgerton, Yes, plus then you add the George Clooney.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm I'm I'm out.
Speaker 5: Of the loop on who really matters. But if I think it's like Bridgton, Bridgerton, House of the Dragon, Anya Taylor Joy, George Clooney, Florence Pugh, Jennifer Lawrence.
Speaker 4: I mean, most recently, h Glenn Glenn Powell. But I'm even reaching for Glenn's name. What world are we in when I'm reaching for Glenn Powell's name?
Speaker 5: Isn't that really weird that Glenn Powell is probably higher up on that list than Glenn Close.
Speaker 4: Oh. Interesting, Glenn must be furious Glenn Close.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure Glenn Powell is too.
Speaker 4: He's probably furious that he took her spot.
Speaker 5: Remember when Olivia Coleman won the Oscar and she apologized to Glenn Close.
Speaker 2: She was like, this one's supposed to be what happened.
Speaker 4: Now there's somebody who's really earned her her place.
Speaker 2: Oh what an act.
Speaker 4: I mean, Olivia Coleman and she seems to have no interest in being famous.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: I really adore her. And then going back to Bridgerton and the House of the House of the Dragon. Yes, I couldn't name a single person.
Speaker 2: What do you think the conjunction would have been if not.
Speaker 4: The House of a Dragon, House of Dragon?
Speaker 2: Just one?
Speaker 4: I would prefer that I would be watching the show if it was House Dragon.
Speaker 5: Yes, when it's just one very dramatic dragon who makes everyone's life health.
Speaker 4: Or House of lay Dragon, House of Uh? Thinking what other language?
Speaker 5: And now I just want to think of other TV shows where you change one tiny letter and it changes the show.
Speaker 4: Let's think, let's see.
Speaker 5: Here, because House of a Dragon is a very like dramatic dragon and he's and he's a lot.
Speaker 4: Oh what shows? Yeah, everybody has probably already thought of ten shows. And I'm just scrambling to think of a TV show right now that could be on television. That's more than one. Instead of the bear, a bear, a bear, These Bears, Oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 5: These Bears is a sitcom about a Chicago sports bar.
Speaker 4: And the four the four Bears who run the It's it's a gay ultimately, it's very wait.
Speaker 5: I kind of okay, I kind of love this. Has anyone done an idea? Has anyone realized that a main sports team, the Bears, is also a term for burly Harry Gayman and it's also an animal What if it was four gay actual animal bears running a bears sports bar in Chicago and it's like a BoJack Horseman world where animals are.
Speaker 4: Set okay, but animated or live action?
Speaker 2: Oh it's animated.
Speaker 4: Okay, you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't get that made live action.
Speaker 4: Now, look I just read that.
Speaker 2: Well, if it's.
Speaker 5: Adult Swim thirteen years ago, it's four people in bear costumes.
Speaker 4: Oh, interesting, and that's it and it's like al.
Speaker 2: And it's like a cult hit.
Speaker 5: Remember remember when like like your Pretty Face is going to Hell, where like Adult Swim was doing live action stuff that now would be cartoons.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, when shows had enough money to do that sort of thing, when people were taking any level of risk at all. I mean, again, back to House of Odd Dragon, a dragon whatever. The reason I'm not watching that show is, it's just I need them to add a new fantasy creature. I watched all the Game of Thrones. I've seen enough dragons. Yeah, I've probably said it on this podcast before, but give me a leprechaun, give me a you know something in that universe.
Speaker 2: I'm bored griffin, sasquatch.
Speaker 4: There's so many of these things. Yeah, even a NeSSI, which is essentially just a water dragon. Yeah, but to see one of these things swimming, I'm back on board.
Speaker 2: That would be cool.
Speaker 4: But right now it's just more people arguing with each other and dragons.
Speaker 5: How's is the Dragon? Because I watched every episode of Game of Thrones and I read most of the book series too, How's the Dragon got me when they opened with the brutal Sea section.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's what's another drama?
Speaker 5: It's a well Also, I mean, this is a whole other topic. But ever since I've had a kid, so I've I've always been kind of a gruesome, weird person who doesn't blanche easily at I don't know stories of death and blood, and I went to the Museum of Death Okay sure in Los Angeles, which is a which is like a.
Speaker 4: Rough haven't been Is it still rough?
Speaker 2: It's still open?
Speaker 5: I went for I think I wut with my parents for Mother's Day a couple of years ago, which is all you need to know about my family. And I was like, fine, and they have it's like gruesome, gruesome stuff. Ever since I've had a kid, that has completely changed. Oh my tolerance swear for gruesomeness. My tolerance for really murder horrible things in the world has gone down one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Why do you think that is other than just the obvious. I now I have something to take care.
Speaker 5: Of, because you then suddenly imagine it happening to your kid and it's and it's the worst thing you can think of. And then the idea that people go around murdering children is just like, well, I what, how does that even happen? Like you're you're you love your kids so much and it and they're these person who's so incredibly innocent. And I say that this morning my daughter fully headbutted my husband and he saw stars but she didn't mean to. You know, they're so innocent. And then Also then you think about on the flip side, well, if I were to die, then my kid left without a parent, right right, and and so it just I don't know, it gives you a level of investment.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've talked to numerous people.
Speaker 5: They're like, oh, before I had a kid, in retrospect, maybe I was a psychopath.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: There's something about you don't have. There's a lack of preciousness. And I've been with my husband for sixteen years, but I never had that with husband's.
Speaker 2: Death, if that makes sense.
Speaker 5: You know what I got is with dog death. Ever since I've had a dog, You know what is I've never been able.
Speaker 2: To deal with.
Speaker 5: Like for all, for how gruesome Game of Thrones was, the worst scenes were when they killed a dial wolf.
Speaker 4: Of course, course it's awful. I mean I will never have kids, But my dog passing was up until now, the worst thing that's ever happened to me. So it's just an awful What happened now, well, I mean, well nothing yet. I'm sure other horrible things. As life goes on, there will be much. We've got a whole list of horrible things that could continue happening.
Speaker 2: No, it's all it's awful.
Speaker 5: My dog is and this is I have a Netflix special coming out, not to not to not to brag, not to like come here, but but a big part of it is it's a show about death, and I talk about my dog is. She's my only pet, and.
Speaker 2: She's six She's not sixteen, she's fifteen, okay, And so that is a looming.
Speaker 4: Of course in my life.
Speaker 2: How old was your dog?
Speaker 4: She was ten? Oh no, not a good feel.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you've talked about it on the podcast, because that seems i'll taken before her time situation.
Speaker 4: She was a big dog. It was it was only seven months ago. So it was really horrible. It was before I mean, it's always before their time. It's like, no, but ten is young.
Speaker 5: But but for big dogs, it so sucks that like the size correlates to well.
Speaker 4: And she tricked us because she was so lovely and so youthful, and it was just like, oh, she's to be here forever. Then you know, it's horrible, and then it just we would have, of course kept her for another one hundred years. Of course, no time, no amount of time was enough. But then there's the whole, like, we have to be good to her. We can't drag her through what's going on?
Speaker 2: Are you going to do the Barber streis End cloning thing?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I mean until this happened, Yeah, it's like Barber Streisends out of her mind. Why would you ever clone a dog? And I'm like, well, I mean if I had a mall in my basement, I probably would get my dog cloned as well. Yes, but in the future we'll have another dog in Edie's spirit will be within that exactly.
Speaker 5: No, you get you get you suddenly get the cloning thing right, even though these I mean the dog cloning is you basically forcefully impregnate another dog.
Speaker 4: You are dog, Let's be clear. Yeah, I mean yeah, there are so many dogs out there, we're ready for a new home. I'm like, of course, I'm never gonna get one cloned. The one person that I was kind of on board with getting the dog cloned was did you ever see the movie Tabloid. No, it's an Errol Morris documentary about this woman who forcibly kidnapped a Mormon missionary in London in the seventies. That was a whole news story, And then decades later, she's back in the news. I think she was the first person to get her dog cloned.
Speaker 2: That's the one person you think should get their dog.
Speaker 5: Cloned, because this woman is You're like, she clone her dog than murder people murder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that might be a I mean, she might have another chapter or her life when she does that again. But she did have her dog cloned. I think her dog's name was Booger.
Speaker 5: So she has a quite she has some money if you get because if you get your I think it's like, I think it's what it's got to be, twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Easily twenty thousand dollars, especially if you're the first one.
Speaker 2: I mean, she was the first one in the UK to have her dog cloned.
Speaker 4: Well she I think she lives in like Wyoming, I mean the last I checked in on her. But I think the dogs were cloned in South Korea. And I don't even know how she got wrapped up in this because fifty k, fifty k, that's a chunk of chain. Adopt, don't clone, I would say, unless you are, of course, this woman. Who if you're a kidnapper.
Speaker 5: I feel like you've and you're like, I got to get this out somewhere.
Speaker 2: It's either kidnap or clone a dog. Me sure, right, but I love this is exactly what I came here to talk about today.
Speaker 4: So this is what you've called a head and said we'll we be talking dog cloning. And I said, of course, I'll do my research.
Speaker 5: Because you know, and I'll say it's not actually that important to me. I mostly can with a couple exceptions.
Speaker 4: Right right back to the Museum of Death. Yeah, sure, have you been to there's another sort of museum of death in LA. Are you familiar with this? That the Scientology Church.
Speaker 2: Rights it's psychiatry and industry of death. I have not been. I have passed it many times. I will not.
Speaker 5: As much as I'm curious to see Scientology things, I do not want to enter one of the buildings because they will immediately have a record of me entering.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 5: Although there's a great podcast called O No Ross and Carry, and it's these two lovely people who are also they basically go around to kind of I think their motto is like we explore weird cults and fads so you don't have to okay, And there's like an eight it's like more than eight parts of like, Okay, we're gonna we're gonna take classes in scientology, and we're not gonna lie about who we are. We're not gonna be upfront and say we own a podcast, but we're gonna use our real names.
Speaker 2: And let let's see how far we go.
Speaker 5: And so they like take a bunch of scientology classes and they report on it. And the Church of Scientology is jankier actually than you than you might expect. Like you think that they would have been kicked out of the class. You know, they google them and been like, you guys are podcasters.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't happen.
Speaker 4: They were just happy that anyone's showing up.
Speaker 2: That's what it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And they get locked in a like they get locked in a room with no food, but it's more that they just don't It seems like they don't have the money for food.
Speaker 2: It's fascinating.
Speaker 4: I mean, I believe all of this. I've been I've gotten my personality test. I've been to the big blue buildings.
Speaker 2: So you haven't been to psychiatry and Industry of Death.
Speaker 4: I've also been there, Okay, so what's it like? Oh, I've also been at the Celebrity Center. Okay, surprise, I'm a scientologist, are you.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's what this podcast is.
Speaker 4: I have a new thing I'd like to talk to you about, Rachel. No, okay, So which one do you want to hear about first?
Speaker 5: What is the argument for psychiatry? Tell me about psychiatry an industry of death.
Speaker 4: Believe it or not. It's based on a lot of things that aren't true. No, it's a I mean, it is a confusing place. I mean it's a weird place to go because it's almost empty. They blame essentially all death in history on psychiatry. They blame like the Holocaust on psychiatry. They blame nine to eleven on psychiatric.
Speaker 5: Psycholtan because the Holocaust is like I could see where you're like Hitler was into eugenics and like.
Speaker 4: Into bending it a little bit stuff.
Speaker 5: Maybe like I could understand, like the phrenology stuff was some weird psychiatrists. Nine to eleven on psychiatry is really interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I can't remember how they made that connection, but they you know, they were they thought of something.
Speaker 2: That's a hot take.
Speaker 4: It's an extremely hot take.
Speaker 5: But here's but here's that in America at least they admit it happened.
Speaker 4: That's true. I mean, they're very how how progressive of them to think that it actually was an event rather than something that was cooked up as a conspiracy or that.
Speaker 2: It or that it.
Speaker 5: Never had I don't know. I feel like there's people who are like, it actually never happened or whatever.
Speaker 4: Although now that I'm thinking about it, maybe that is what their take was. I can't remember. I was so concerned about the family behind us, who clearly didn't realize it was a scientology operation. I don't know why I didn't turn around and just say, like, you know, this is all nonsense, right, this is all cooked up to trick you into joining a religion. But you know, you got a mind your own business. And I was trying to enjoy my time at the Museumya.
Speaker 5: You're in town from Nebraska or whatever. Like this place is cheap, it's empty, it's cool.
Speaker 4: They've got ac Yeah. I'll walk around a museum learning about how evil psychiatry is for an hour.
Speaker 2: I went to the Creation Museum in Kentucky.
Speaker 5: Oh, very nice, very nice museum, great air conditioning. Everyone was very friendly.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay.
Speaker 5: The gift shop was good and I have to say the food court was not bad.
Speaker 2: They had a cheesy chili that was pretty good.
Speaker 4: This makes sense, Yes, Kentucky Christians. Of course they've got to have some sort of chili.
Speaker 2: Of course, and it was it was good. They were very kind.
Speaker 4: Did they know anything about you? No?
Speaker 5: No, this is this was in two thousand and nine, So this is you know, fifteen.
Speaker 4: How did you end up in there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good question. My boyfriend at the time, who's now my husband. I've been with my husband a long time.
Speaker 4: That's a funny way to your husband. I know.
Speaker 5: My boyfriend at the time is not like because it's like my boyfriend, but I don't have a boyfriend anymore.
Speaker 4: I have a husband.
Speaker 2: But it's not a din.
Speaker 4: Weird interesting.
Speaker 2: He's also my ex fiance. I guess he was moving cross.
Speaker 5: Country because La is where you wanted to make it for comedy. I mean, now LA is being being sold for parts, so but but fifteen years ago, LA was where you were gonna move if you wanted to work in the entertainment industry. And I hadn't decided if I was moving up. But we decided to drive cross country. And we had only been together for like a year and it was a cool way. It really actually strengthened our relationship.
Speaker 2: When you when you drive cross country with someone, if you don't hate them at the end, you marry them. And so we were driving through.
Speaker 5: We decided to take a more southern route with like you know, we'd go down to Saint Louis and he and we were like, what's on the We kind of had this day where it was like, all right, we're going through kind of the Kentucky, Ohio area, and we were just looking up what's nearby and we were like, oh my god, the Creation Museum. This is going to be fascinating. And this is before he was still really paranoid that we that he had a New York zip code on his credit card. He thought they remember that that old I think is it chili commercial?
Speaker 2: This is made in New York.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, of course yes.
Speaker 5: So he thought they'd be like New York City, but like they didn't care. He was like, if anyone asks were lapsed Baptists from Richmond, and I went, I know nothing about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this feels I mean, you're going to be able to answer no questions immediately.
Speaker 5: But like scientology, I think was overestimating that how much they would be zeroing in on us when it when in Really they were just happy that we were going right find out about how you know, Adam and Eve rote dinosaurs, And there's a diorama of that, and.
Speaker 2: It's really cool.
Speaker 4: I want to see that.
Speaker 2: It's really cool.
Speaker 5: They have an exact replica of Noah's ark that you can walk through down to the cubit.
Speaker 4: Wow. So it's I mean, it's proportionally the size of what we would imagine the arc was Dad's big boat.
Speaker 2: Was Yeah, interesting called Dad's big boat.
Speaker 4: I think I kind of refer to know the story of Noah as Dad's crazy idea. I feel like that's kind of what it boils down to. But how big was this thing?
Speaker 2: It was big.
Speaker 5: It was many many cubits. It was this This museum is huge. And what I thought going into the museum is that they would acknowledge science and then find some sort of excuse right where it's like they'd acknowledge carbon dating and being like, but this is actually a trick because bah blah blah, no, no, no, they just don't mention carbon dates.
Speaker 4: Will ignore.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they just don't mention carbon dating and they just don't. They don't mention anything that isn't evidence. They just don't mention. They don't they don't try to refute any evidence. And I imagine the industry of death museum was similar.
Speaker 4: Right, right, I mean I think that they there's a lot of cherry picking effects at the psychiatry museum, where it's like you can pick that somebody wants odeed on some sort of medication and then you can blow that out to it's killed humanity.
Speaker 2: Well, has psychiatry always been great?
Speaker 4: No, I mean it's it's a science. It's always evolvelways evolving. People do it. So there are a lot of problems. Anything that a person's involved, there's going to be a problem, but it's also done. You're talking to somebody that's on four hundred and fifty milligrams of wellbuturned right now, Oh wow.
Speaker 5: I'm always interested in because I'm on twenty milligrams of prozac.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: My life can be divided.
Speaker 5: By before prozac and after prozac, because after prozac it was such a subtle change at first, and I realized and it wasn't until I realized, oh, I was miserable a lot of the time.
Speaker 2: And now I'm not.
Speaker 5: But the milligram stuff is interesting because I'm on twenty of prozac.
Speaker 4: FOI the dwarfs your you know.
Speaker 5: But I don't think like, I don't think you can be on four hundred and fifty milligrams of prozacs.
Speaker 4: So I think it's just a different right. It's like salt and sugar or whatever. You can have so much of one or the other. But four hundred and fifty I think is like probably moderate to high. I think you can go higher. I started at one fifty and then they, you know, ease it up until you like you're feeling all right. Yeah, and it's I mean, it's of course I'm still miserable a long time, I think, just by nature, sure, But I no longer am mean to myself as often good, which feels incredible. Now when I'm mad at somebody, don't blame myself. I yell at them alone. You know, I'm driving around and I'm saying bad things to that person rather than to myself.
Speaker 2: I'm still working on that, so maybe I need to up my pros.
Speaker 4: You might want to look into it, But first kind, there's a museum I want you to go to. But this creation is thing. I'm so curious.
Speaker 2: I wish it's all to me.
Speaker 5: It's all and I'm biased because I'm an atheist, so a fundamental to me, fundamentalism is fundamentalism. It's all cherry picking things. But the Creation it was a very nice museum.
Speaker 4: How big was the museum? Was it like compared to a museum here in La it was a lackma size.
Speaker 5: I'd say, like the equivalent of a floor and a half of the California Science Center.
Speaker 4: Okay, now, never being to that museum, just imagine taken up on Earth.
Speaker 2: It's it.
Speaker 5: There were a couple of really like big like there was the nose arc thing. There was the Adam and Eve writing dinosaurs, very fun where you need these big rooms, right, And then there was a room I have photos still there was a room where it was like, oh it was It was a single room that was like a bad neighborhood in the city and it was like police sirens and graffiti and then photos of what leads to society's decline, which is a dad looking at internet porn, and then a woman giving birth which is evidence of our punishment.
Speaker 2: And then there was one worse thing. Yeah, I'm like getting it was it was really interesting.
Speaker 4: What dinosaurs were Adam and Eve writing.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just kind of want to put on podcast and see if I have let's see.
Speaker 2: I feel like you see if I can find them from twenty twelve.
Speaker 4: I always want to say brontosaurus, but I know that we've recently changed the word. It's no longer called a brontosaurus for some reason. Hot at least, do you have.
Speaker 2: Any idea with the brachiosaurus.
Speaker 4: Is it now called a brachiosaurus?
Speaker 2: It says an animated triceratops.
Speaker 4: Oh, I like this, complete with saddle, blanket and saddle, is ridden by Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. This is incredible. I mean I may not believe it, but I'm in support.
Speaker 5: Hold on scrolling past my wedding photos because this.
Speaker 4: Is years before those are also on a triceratops.
Speaker 5: Actually, our katuba, which is like you know, the Jewish marriage agreement. Our friend handmade Arkatuba and it contains dinosaurs.
Speaker 4: Amazing because he was like, what is.
Speaker 5: Important to you and we said stars, dinosaurs, New York City and LA so it's like dinosaurs in New York City.
Speaker 2: Griffith observatory. It's it's a.
Speaker 4: Beautiful that's lovely.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, okay, here we go here. Okay, so here's the Creation Museum. So now we're now we're at present thrilled.
Speaker 2: So first the chili.
Speaker 4: Oh, it looks like a great chili. It's got grated cheese and tomatoes on top, which I support, and a little bit of lettuce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my nails are horrible right now.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Oh I thought you were gonna see your nails in the picture. Okay, move on.
Speaker 2: So this is the gift shop.
Speaker 4: That's a I mean a beautiful that's more of a Game of Throne style dinas or dragon gorgeous. That's a house of a dragon.
Speaker 2: That's the house of a dragon. So they are maybe conflating. I think they might be because dragons are in the Bible, all right.
Speaker 4: The Fords probably shows up there.
Speaker 2: So this is fun.
Speaker 4: This is having fun with everything in the museum.
Speaker 2: Instead of don't touch, it says what does it say?
Speaker 4: No shall not touch? Exclamation point?
Speaker 2: Please, very polite.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now we have an actual skeleton. We have some sort of is that a mastodon?
Speaker 2: Mastodon?
Speaker 4: Yes, with the giant tusks. Tusk I was gonna say, forks, that's not a Okay, so here's here's Eve. Now we've got a dino. Oh that's Eve. I think this is supposed to be looking kind of busted.
Speaker 2: But she's full, she's fully dressed.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just got a apples sack cloth on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's Eve with a little dinosaur.
Speaker 4: Eve is not you know, you know when you think of Eve, you think of kind of a vibrant, fun person wearing leaves. This is somebody who just crawled out from under a car. And then there's a dinosaur and she's smiling.
Speaker 5: Like she's like but she's not freaked out that there are dinosaurs next to her. She's just like pleasantly surprised.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: Now a Tara Dak called the Dragon Hall bookstore. So they're conflating throughout this museum dinosaurs and dreams.
Speaker 4: The word dinosaur.
Speaker 5: Dragons are in the Bible, so I think what they're saying is they're the same thing.
Speaker 4: Right, I think, right. And then we're seeing so this is a.
Speaker 5: Parody of the movie Men in Black, but it's called Men in White. I don't know the context of this. It's a looks like Joey FATONI I don't think it is.
Speaker 4: And when you're in Kentucky it's calling something men in white, you're fully aware that there's another group that wears all white. It's come on, that's true.
Speaker 5: This is a hip take on the Seven Seas in God's eternal planets. Okay, creation, corruption, catastrophe, confusion, christ cross.
Speaker 4: Consummation, consummation, and that's science, the classic seven seeds, seven sees.
Speaker 5: So these are some pretty shitty looking human dioramas. It's a mom saying to a kid, come on, let me show you the rest, and the kids saying I never heard this before in school, but.
Speaker 4: We know he's homeschooled. He's definitely.
Speaker 2: That's Adam. Adam a lot hotter.
Speaker 4: She's just way better looking. I'm sorry, but the scales are not balanced here.
Speaker 2: Someone clearly like making out.
Speaker 4: Of it, of course more than artist at that museum, and he has a wife.
Speaker 5: But also I want to point out there were penguins in the Garden of Envegas because oh no, I'm sorry, that's Eve.
Speaker 4: I don't know who that was.
Speaker 2: I don't know who. Eve's hot.
Speaker 4: Eve's got great hair, looks like she just straightened her hair. She's got a blowout or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she looks over there.
Speaker 4: God, this is too sexy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now it's now they're now they've gone.
Speaker 4: Too far in the other direction. There's this poor woman in the sack cloth. Yeah, that doesn't know this is happening behind her. They're both shirtless. Adam is ripped great beard and Eve is. I mean, this is erotic, filthy.
Speaker 5: There's an angry wolf. I don't know why. I mean, again, wild, I could go. I had a great time, as you can. Here's no building the arc.
Speaker 4: I think, oh, okay, having a nice time in the arc. It looks like he's wearing a backwards cap, but.
Speaker 2: That's he looks pretty hip hop.
Speaker 4: I mean, what a trip that was.
Speaker 2: I'm glad to show you what that was.
Speaker 4: I mean, I would love to keep talking about the Creationist Museum, but there is something else we should discuss. Yeah, but I don't necessarily want to talk about And didn't you know, wasn't planning to today. I thought, you know, Rachel will come over, we'll have a great time. We discussed beforehand that we would be talking about all kinds of things. I can't even remember the things we agreed to. Psychiatry, the dangers of psychia, tree, et cetera. So I was a little surprised when you came into my backyard holding what is clearly a gift.
Speaker 5: Okay, look, I know you said no gifts, but I had a poster of Vincent van Goh lying around my house and I was like, what am I going to use this for?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: It would make great wrapping paper. And then I needed something to put in the wrapping paper. Right, So that's really what it is is. I needed to get rid of this Vincent van Go poster. Okay, but I didn't want to waste paper, and I was like, I'm about to see someone. He can take my extra paper. Oh, I guess I should give him something in the paper.
Speaker 4: Right, perfectly reasonable, I mean that makes perfect sense. Yeah, that's as much. That makes as much sense as everything in the creation.
Speaker 5: Actually, weirdly, this gift is going to be I didn't even plan this. This gift is going to be very weirdly relevant to what we've just been discussed.
Speaker 4: It's the Bible.
Speaker 2: It's the Bible, because I don't think you've heard the word.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to open up it's very thick paper.
Speaker 5: Because again it's a poster from the We went to the Immersive Vincent Bango Experience and we got a free poster. By the way, go there on mushrooms and not with a child. That's my hot tip, because I did the opposite.
Speaker 4: Doesn't sound like a place for a baby.
Speaker 2: But two, she was two at the time.
Speaker 4: She didn't care, right, I mean, I don't blame her, and I mean they give you a nice poster. Yeah, perfect wrapping paper. I love a thick wrapping paper, very thick. Party. It is a poster and it's now being destroyed. I'm so sorry, but it's I kept it mostly in peace. What is this I actually don't even know. It's like a black box with a skull and some colors on it. I mean colorfull circle.
Speaker 2: So look at the side.
Speaker 4: This is side effects, okay, te minutes to learn.
Speaker 2: Do you want the full story of this?
Speaker 4: Of course, I need to know what's happening here.
Speaker 5: A couple of years ago, I'm sorry, a couple months ago, I performed on this thing called the Joco Cruise.
Speaker 2: She's a really fun comedy music. It's almost like like a like.
Speaker 5: It's almost like it's not comic con, because comic Con is much more about like film and TV, but like it's it's like a going to like dragon combat. It's on a cruise, sh right, met some lovely people. Hm was my first cruise. Man comes up to me and says, I have made this game. This is about Uh, this is a game that is fun to play, but also it's informational about mental illness and medication. Wonderful and so side this is called side Effects. It is labeled for two to eight players, three minutes to learn, ten to thirty minutes to play, ages fourteen and up, and the directions say each player is assigned a series of mental disorders. Draw cards from the deck and place drugs over your disorders to treat them, but beware each drug contains side effects that leave you open to receiving more disorders from other players.
Speaker 4: Oh this feels like some sensitive territory to be playing a game with.
Speaker 5: It's yes, but but he's coming at it from a mental health education space. He gave this to me, and I can't play this with my kid because she's not fourteen yet.
Speaker 4: You'll come back here in twelve years.
Speaker 2: Actually, hey, I want my game.
Speaker 4: So I just thought, what a perfect Have you ever played this before?
Speaker 2: I have not played it yet.
Speaker 4: Now this is true, I mean, I mean I would assume as somebody that put this much effort. It's a beautiful looking box course of game that they must have some knowledge of mental illness and hopefully are treading lightly.
Speaker 5: I think this person had had the person to create a night I should know his name.
Speaker 2: He did a lot of.
Speaker 5: Oh you can order says want more side effects, order the booster shot, which is the expansion pack.
Speaker 2: It's like, really cool. I think it's just a game that teaches you about Oh yeah, it's easy to set up.
Speaker 5: I haven't like right, separate all the disorders from the deck, shuffle them, and deal out four per player, face up in front of them.
Speaker 2: This is referred to as their psyche.
Speaker 4: Wow. No, yeah, I'm looking at the back and it says like one of the cards says you're having an episode, so they're obviously having some. I imagine that whoever did this also has some level of mental illness.
Speaker 5: That is yes, yes, this is very much a game from the inside out of mental of mental illness and not looking inside outside and to like make fun of it.
Speaker 4: Unless it's as scientologist. This is a scientolic. I don't think he's a scientologist, right, every answer is don't seek a psychiatrist.
Speaker 5: Oh, this is so interesting. So there's a therapy card. You can use a therapy card. I want to read a highlight of the rules, which is the only card that therapy does not work on is tremors. It's also worth mentioning there's no drug for anorexia. You must treat this with therapy. The only downside of treating a disorder with therapy is that the disorder is no longer in your psyche, and that means that you could, in theory, get it again.
Speaker 4: I have so many complicated feelings about this. Yeah, who is supposed to be playing this? This feels so triggering.
Speaker 5: Us And if you're fourteen and up, I think it's meant to be an educational game.
Speaker 2: But also, I mean, this is my exact kind of game. I love Yes early into this.
Speaker 4: And I feel like it probably is ultimately a healthy thing where it's like, let's just we all have some mental illness. Let's talk about it, rather than act like it's something we should keep in a closet hidden from people.
Speaker 5: I think, So, you know, I'm gonna ask my therapy tomorrow. I'm going to ask her what she thinks of this game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would like, Yeah, you should like it. I feel like this feels like it should ultimately be healthy. I mean, I'm sure if you're having severe issues with mental illness, you probably want to work through some of that before getting into the gaming sector. Yeah, playing it with friends, you know. But I feel like, for example, I don't want to speak to your journey, but I feel like I have some level of control over my mental illness. I could probably dip in so and so.
Speaker 5: Could I right if I now, if I was in the middle of I haven't had it in a couple of years, but like, there will be moments where I go into like an OCD intrusive thought spiral.
Speaker 2: Right, I probably shouldn't play that.
Speaker 5: One through the spiral, right, especially because the way to get through my OCD in trusive thoughts spiral is to not.
Speaker 2: Dwell on the thoughts.
Speaker 5: Makes sense, but not in a thought spiral. I'm free to play side effects.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you, when you're not trying to dwell on things, what you do, like what other things you think about? How do you distract yourself from spiraling and.
Speaker 5: You just think about it? You focus on anything else, and if you have the thought, you don't. My My big thing with anxiety and OCD, because I mean this is I could talk about this for literally days. But my whole thing is whenever I'm anxious or I have and it verges into OCD and the two thoughts.
Speaker 2: For me, the two.
Speaker 5: Realms are slightly different, but for me it's I try to solve it, uh huh. And what that is is, I think it's my survival brain going, oh, you're you're a cave woman. You're eve with the dinosaur've sensed there's a lion in the bushes, right danger Will Robinson, You need.
Speaker 2: To solve this. So I think about the thought. I think about my anxiety. But what that does.
Speaker 5: It doesn't solve anything that I Actually the only way to really get clarity is to not dwell on it. When I was first working on getting out of my OCD thoughts, it felt like when I was teetering on it, it felt like I was almost balancing on the side.
Speaker 2: Of a pool, sure like a swimming pool.
Speaker 5: And if I were to dip my toe in just engage in a thought, I would follow.
Speaker 4: Of course, I'm familiar with this feeling and this.
Speaker 5: Is something that I am actively still working on and probably will always.
Speaker 2: Be working on.
Speaker 4: Right, It's just part of you, but you at least are kind of aware and can fight back.
Speaker 5: Most of the time, now I have the tools to understand what's going on, as opposed to one I was eleven, thinking I'm doing this to myself.
Speaker 2: I'm weird, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's I'm kind of similar. I feel like the only time that I'm the time I'm weakest is when i wake up in the middle of the night and I'm out of it. If I have one intrusive thought, that thing blows up to beyond the universe. And if I can just remember that I just woke up and that I'm out of my mind because I'm basically half asleep, i can get back to bed. But otherwise I'm up the rest of the night.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, But most of the.
Speaker 4: Time I've been able to kind of I mean again, back to being medicated, I think that helps.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a tool, right like the medication. For me, it was a supplement to the therapy, and that's suddenly actually using these therapy techniques.
Speaker 2: It helped.
Speaker 4: It helped a lot, right where like before I was medicated, and with therapy I would be able to recognize that the thing was happening but was still pretty There was still a large chance that I would fall prey to it. But now I can recognize and I have something behind me that can help me push back. Yes, I'm a little stronger and can actually use the tool.
Speaker 5: And I have to say, ever since, because I was on ten milligrams of prozac for a while, I doubled it last year.
Speaker 2: What a good decision. I feel.
Speaker 5: There's just a you know, this thing of like, oh, antidepressants. Everyone's on happy pills. No, no, no, it's not a happy it's not a happy pill.
Speaker 2: It's a fortitude pill. That's what it feels like for me.
Speaker 4: I mean, if anyone is an example of them not being happy pills, it's me. Uh it's not a word I would describe, but yeah, that's you're right on with that.
Speaker 2: It's like coming around with a smile on my face. That wredible. I think happy pills that's called ecstasy.
Speaker 4: Yes, there are more illicit ways to get to happiness. Uh, this is more of a you know, it's just it's medicine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just a mind it felt it feels like it's my mind is at the gym, and look, something's up with my serotonin.
Speaker 4: Right. Was it hard to get to the point where you wanted to actually, because for me, it was like it took years before I could even decide I'm going to try medication. And I think it was because depression and all of this was like, it keeps you from doing a lot of things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, something flipped in my head. I had a crisis. It was basically my husband. So my husband, my ex fiance. He proposed around the time we had just pitched crazy ex girlfriend and it sold to showtime. And I had had this crisis of like, these good things are mine to lose, and it precipitated this kind of intrusive thought crisis, the likes of which I hadn't really had since middle school. And up until then I dealt I'd been dealing with OCD thoughts and end up and down depression and anxiety, and I've been in therapy to varying results. But I had always told myself wrongfully that oh well, I'm mustling through this without medicine. And then I remember it was one night, it was like March twenty fourteen, something switch and I was like I need help, I need help, I need to And it was like a night before I think I was shooting a commercial that never even aired, and I couldn't sleep because I had like sleep anxiety, and so I was like, I need to I need to do something about this, and I wrote up an entire history of my like mynt my mental health history, and that night, maybe the next night, I went on Psychology Today and I found a psychiatrist and he changed my life.
Speaker 2: And then he sadly passed away a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Of psychology today though, is another great tool.
Speaker 5: It's a great tool because I was like, I want a psychiatrist who deals with anxiety and sleep disorders. And I slept out Santa Monica for you know, seven eight years, and it was worth.
Speaker 4: It, right, completely worth it. You get onto your little plan and things start to roll along much easier.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I recommend it to anybody. Medication is not for everybody, but it's for a lot of people.
Speaker 5: But if you need it, but if your brain has a chemical thing going on, which my brain one hundred percent does.
Speaker 4: Take it, Yeah, take it like any other thing.
Speaker 2: Just the life is chaos. Do what's going to make you happy?
Speaker 4: Truth. That's where I am at this point, where I'm like, I said, are you minding your own business and it's making you happy? Go for it?
Speaker 2: Kind of where I'm at.
Speaker 5: That's also where I'm at where I'm like, whatever, you know what, like, as long as it's not fucking with anyone else, you do you right, right and then and then when it's fucks with someone else, then we have a Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then I get start to freak out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: Do you watch Couple's Therapy?
Speaker 2: I don't, but I need to.
Speaker 4: I hear it's so good recently hooked, great, wonderful show. I mean, I've listened to the podcast now which now I my friends Naomi Andy have a podcast called Couple's Therapy, which is a comedy which I've been wonderful. But now there's another. Okay, we've got a Unfortunately, this these two words need to we need to think of a new way to call couple's therapy.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you would call it. It's just called couple's therapy. I don't know what else you would.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's a very hard thing to google.
Speaker 2: You'd call it group. You'd call it group therapy, but only two therapy for two therapy for two.
Speaker 4: But I mean the current or last season of couple Therapy I watched. There was of course a threatle. So we're getting out of couples already. Uh love therapy and threaple.
Speaker 5: I mean, god, if you're in a threuttle people who are Polly, I really admire them because you have to have such like good communication skills and also good organizational skills.
Speaker 4: Oh, it seems like my nightmare. It's so I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: You gotta keep there's so much to keep track of. I really admire it.
Speaker 4: I mean good, Yeah, I'm like, go do whatever you need to do. But for me, it's too much thinking, too many logistics, it would be a lot. Yeah. But and of course with this threatle I'm speaking of, obviously things were falling apart.
Speaker 2: Well it sounds yeah, they were on the show that it wasn't going well.
Speaker 4: And I kind of blame all three of them. Interesting, I can't remember if they solve their problems or not, but yeah, I do love the therapists or not. She's incredible. I recommend this thing to anybody. It's so great.
Speaker 2: I thought this was Oh, No, you know.
Speaker 4: Another couples Therapy of Esta Parrell Where should we Be Going? Oh? Now, that's that's another great podcast a long time.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm confusing them with.
Speaker 4: And what's that one called?
Speaker 2: Where Where should We Begin?
Speaker 4: Yes, when I had a long commute years ago, I would listen to that. Loved it even if none of the things had anything to do with my relationship, Like just it's a peekin Oh.
Speaker 2: I love hearing other people's and.
Speaker 4: She's so intelligent and insightful. It's a great It seems like a big burgeoning industry for if you have any interest in starting a couple's therapy anything, Apparently you can do.
Speaker 2: It between podcasts.
Speaker 5: I've been in a monogamous relationship for so long. The reason I'm up on I think what's going on with new sex things is because between that and then Dan Saba, I mean Savage Love Cast is the reason, right, I know about so many things.
Speaker 4: Probably House of the Dragon and House of a Dragon. Probably it's another. Yeah, I feel like maybe we just need a couple's therapy video game and we'll be sealed.
Speaker 2: With someone will make a card.
Speaker 5: So so this is more of I think you call it well, it's not an RPG game because you're not really playing a role playing game, but it's very much a board.
Speaker 4: Game, right, and you're taking on different characteristics. It's like this side effects game feels like a very light mental illness version of D and D from what I can.
Speaker 2: And that's where the RPG and this and this cruise that I was on was a big RPG.
Speaker 4: D and D. Have you ever played D and D? No?
Speaker 2: I actually really want to.
Speaker 4: I would love to, but it seems hard to get to.
Speaker 5: You just need to find a group of people who are who can show you. It's something I've always meant to do, but it's not important enough, especially in a four year old for me to be like, I got to find a D and D game tonight, right, And they also have to be patient.
Speaker 2: They'd have to teach me.
Speaker 4: I hear.
Speaker 2: It's really fun.
Speaker 4: People love it. I mean they're so passionate about it. But yeah, you have to find a group that's going to be patient with a newcomer.
Speaker 5: And that's because I know people who do D and D. But I just feel like, do they really want me there? Being like, so the wizard, what powers does the wizard to have?
Speaker 2: Again, and is that from a mage, Like no one wants that.
Speaker 4: See, I would go in and I would be too afraid to even ask anything. I wouldn't want to bother anybody, so I would just be bored and slowing everyone down because I wouldn't have any idea what was going on. Yeah, so I'm probably poisoned for D and D. Maybe it's not for my life. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 4: Well, I think we should play a game now. Oh yeah, we're gonna play a game called Gift Master. I need a number between one and ten from you.
Speaker 2: Seven.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have to do some like calculating to get our game pieces right now. So you can recommend, promote, do whatever you want. I'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: I was an out of the Netflix specials coming out in the fall. That's what I can recommend and promote. What else can I promote? Just being kind to each other. That's like the kind of promotion that I'd like. The world is so full of anger. Be kind to each other, get sleep you know. Oh, by the way, I mean something that's changed my life. I don't even know if you're going to air this, but I recently got this mattress cooling pad called Koolie. That has changed the way I sleep because now I can sleep with my weighted blanket, but the mattress is cool, so the blanket doesn't heat me up. And the sleep that I have been having is just a plus.
Speaker 2: I had some.
Speaker 5: Really good, vivid, a little bit fucked up dreams last night, but I just think that, like it was stuff that my mind needed to work through.
Speaker 4: Incredible. It's called Cooley.
Speaker 2: Cooley Coo l I.
Speaker 5: But there are a lot of different types of these cooling mattress pads right.
Speaker 2: That you hook up to the wall. This this version uses.
Speaker 5: It's cooling water, like you have like a machine that pumps cooling water through this mattress pad.
Speaker 2: It's it's a game change.
Speaker 4: Well that sounds lovely. Kind of a modern waterbed. Yes, interesting everything we were promised with the waterbed without the back ache.
Speaker 5: You would think that the waterbed would work because we all came from water. But it's terrible, fear back awful.
Speaker 4: It's wild that those ever took off, like anyone ever laid down on one of those and thought, okay, let's sell this.
Speaker 2: It's like they were fine. My cousin had one.
Speaker 4: My grandma had one was of course, it's fun to like roll around on for a minute. And the idea of sleeping twelve hour twelve hours, I seven to eight hours. It's a peek into my life. Seems wild to me. Yeah, but good for them for trying. This is how we play gift Master. I'm gonna name three gifts, three things you can give away, and then i'm gonna name three celebrities. You're gonna tell me which celebrity you would give which gift and why does that make perfect sense?
Speaker 2: It makes perfect sense.
Speaker 4: Okay, these are the gifts you'll be giving away. Number one a portable grill. That's a convenient thing to have. Number two is a strappy pair of sandals, very nice. Number three is the Okerina of Time. Are you familiar with this? Oh, it's a device from the legend of Zelda. It's a little like whistle that you blow and then you can travel through time.
Speaker 2: Oh, the real arena of time.
Speaker 4: You'll be receiving the real ok arena of time, and.
Speaker 2: I have to give it to someone.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be giving it to one of these three people. Okay, so be very careful considering. Number one is Sean Hannity, number two, Goldie Hawn and number three do Alipa not at least loves do Alipa by the way, so be very careful.
Speaker 5: I just feel like, well, look, I just think Sean Hannedy's gonna want a portable grill as much as maybe Goldie and Duo want that to. I just feel like that's a layup gift for Sean Hannity.
Speaker 4: Right, It's a great gift, and it's something that tells the person you didn't think about the gift. You didn't really consider them. You thought, yeah, sure he'll take this.
Speaker 2: Does it?
Speaker 4: How do you? How does it work?
Speaker 2: How does a portable grill work?
Speaker 4: I would assume can either be charcoal based with the charcoal cookies or whatever those are called. But is that it charcoal briquette? You know it's perfect.
Speaker 5: Because Sean Hannity probably doesn't believe in climate change, right.
Speaker 4: He's probably going to like attach a diesel engine.
Speaker 5: He'll love it because he can pollute anywhere he goes, right, Okay, strappy sandals, I'm gonna givet to du Aalipa. I want to see Goldie han travel through time. I just think it would be delay. I think she would use it for mostly good. I think her like wandering around in ancient Egypt is really funny, Like I would give it to her, but like you have to take pictures.
Speaker 4: She would definitely take pictures. She's absolutely the person here who should be traveling through time and playing a little song before she does it. She's timeless everyone. She's been around long enough that we can trust her no offense to do it. But you haven't been around long enough, you might still make some big mistakes. But with Goldie, we know she has a great track record.
Speaker 5: Look, she she made a great daughter. She clearly was a good mom. Kate Hudson seems like a good person. Part of this kind of forgetting anything.
Speaker 4: She could take Kurt on occasion. Yeah, they're both.
Speaker 5: You know, there's nothing super cancellable about the Hans.
Speaker 2: The russels of the Hudson's right seem pretty stand up.
Speaker 4: Unless you hate a good time. I feel like they have fun and they kind of do whatever they want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we send Goldie Han back to see what she does.
Speaker 4: I want to see that happen.
Speaker 2: I also don't think I think she's more of an observer.
Speaker 4: Ver.
Speaker 2: I don't think she's going to really mess with things.
Speaker 4: No, she's like the fun mom that's hanging out. She shows up and takes a look.
Speaker 5: She's just gonna be there to like have the experience. She's not like she.
Speaker 2: Just wants to meet the FitzGeralds. She's not going to like kill one of.
Speaker 4: Them, right, She's very much Do you mind if we get a picture? Yes, rather than oh, look at that butterfly. My god, that's the spirit of Goldie Han.
Speaker 5: If we find out when we get off this podcast that Goldie Han died, I might that might be the thing that pushes me to believe in God truly.
Speaker 4: We're we will get in a car and head to Kentucky. Oh, this podcast has a kind of a track record of telling the future. So let's we're praying for Goldie.
Speaker 2: Wow. The other things that's predicted, I'm sure.
Speaker 4: I mean, the most famous thing was, prior to the podcast, we had recorded sixteen episodes. I posted to Instagram like the announcement, and the announcement said this is February twenty twenty. It said it premieres be ready March twelfth, when all hell breaks.
Speaker 2: Least, Oh my god, that's fantastic.
Speaker 4: Look what happened, so it was you. Our love is with the han Russell family and we wish them nothing but good health. And this is before anything bad happened, so we can talk. And Goldie, we hope you're still alive or a butterfly, I agree excellently played DOA's in her Strappi's Sean's you know, destroying the planet as he will. And Goldie is going to back in time to save us. Yeap or just hang or just hang try out a new dip. She wants to, you know, eat something new. This is the final segment of the podcast. It's called I Said no emails, people write into I Said no gifts at gmail dot com. My listeners are begging for answers at all times. It's really pathetic, but I try to help. Will you help me answer a questions? I'd love to all right this one just as High Bridger, even without a comma, which is kind of a crazy way to get into an email. But that's fine. I need to get a gift for my brother's twenty sixth birthday. But I am the world's worst gift giver. I've intentionally given blenders as gifts without any mention of wanting a blender. Kind of bad. Anyway, My brother is impossible to give gifts to. He doesn't like most things, prefers to not partake in activities, and doesn't have any hobbies. However, however, he loves cars, cats, has one sports beer as long as it's not craft Lebron James, and mostly himself. He's also super dramatic and is unwilling to ever try anything new. I have faith in your gift giving expertise. Thanks, and that's from Cat and Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Well here's the thing.
Speaker 5: The cat is a layup because if you give a gift, it doesn't have to he doesn't have to try something new.
Speaker 2: It's for the cat.
Speaker 4: Isn't that the best possible?
Speaker 2: The cat, cat toy, cat tower, a cat tower at condo.
Speaker 5: Honestly, something maybe a new type of litter. Remember when Dragon writer back promoting.
Speaker 2: I think it was pretty kitty, which is colorful cat litter. Get him a pack of that. If he doesn't want it, you can throw it out.
Speaker 4: A new expensive litter box. That's what everyone dreams of, and they won't.
Speaker 2: Buy new things.
Speaker 5: Oh that's why I'm saying, he just like he might be reticent to be there's a couple people in my life like this where they're like, oh, no, I liked my old litter box, Like, what's something small?
Speaker 4: Imagine a life where you're not adventurous enough to try a new litter box.
Speaker 2: I can. There are a couple people, yep.
Speaker 4: I mean I feel like cat here comes in saying he's not interested in anything, and then she names like ten things that he likes. Cats, cars, Lebron James, Lebron, Cragby beer, and himself. He's a narcissist, so like, get him a photo shoot. Oh that's fun, a photo shoot with this cat.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, a photohoot with Lebron James. Here's here's what you do.
Speaker 2: He's a narciss His cat et seahand painted portrait of him and.
Speaker 4: His cat, Lebron James in the background.
Speaker 2: Lebron is in the background giving a thumbs.
Speaker 4: Giving a thumb. It's a perfect The fact that Kat wrote into this podcast is ridiculous. She knew she didn't need help. It was all right there in front of her. She's the one that's attention seeking. She's obsessed with herself. She wanted to hear her name on a podcast that's all her brother. I'm on her brother's side, Kat, I'm deleting your email.
Speaker 2: On her brother's side.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I don't know if this is a side situation. It is now, Okay, it is now. Cat has lost this battle. Great, her brother wins. Hopefully he'll start listening to the podcast. This is how I get new listeners, one at a time, creating family drama, drawing in brothers. We're always looking for new brothers to listen to the podcast. Kat, don't write back in Oh, Rachel, incredible. I've got this new gift that I'll be very careful to play with particular groups of people.
Speaker 2: Way with play at your own risk.
Speaker 5: But I think then it's called side Effects, and I think if you google it, you can buy the game.
Speaker 4: It's gorgeous. It really is a beautiful work.
Speaker 2: Brought it on.
Speaker 5: Because I wanted to spread the word about this game. I think that some people might really like this, some people might not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't see a game that looks this stunning, that often gorgeous some real thoughts. It looks very but it's not right exactly. And I'm excited to play it and continue to deal with my own mental health. Thank you, so much for being here. Fun listener, The podcast is coming to a close. It's over, so you now have to figure out something else to do with your day. And I feel like you're going to do it. You're stronger than me. You can do it. I love you, goodbye, I said, No Gifts is an exactly right production. It's produced by our dear friend Analise Neilson, and it's beautifully mixed by Ben Holliday. And we couldn't do it without our guest booker, Patrick Kottner. The theme song, of course, could only come from miracle worker Amy Man. You must follow the show on Instagram. At I said no Gifts, I don't want to hear any excuses. That's where you get to see pictures of all these gorgeous gifts I'm getting. And don't you want to see pictures of the gifts.
Speaker 1: But I invited you here, thought I made myself perfectly clear.
Speaker 2: But you're a guess to my home.
Speaker 3: You gotta come to me empty, And I said, no, guess, You're own presences presents enough that I already had too much stuff, So how did you dare to surbey me