Speaker 1: A high school dropout with an obsession and a single goal to make his own way in the movies. It would not be easy, but then again, nothing truly great, ever is experience the journey to make one of Hollywood's most audacious and influential films. I'm Mark Ramsey from CASEYRW. Listen to Fade in Quentin Tarantino and Pulp Fiction, a special four part audio biopic one hundred Percent Fororeal with Cheeze out now wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 2: Warning, this podcast contains spoilers for season one of Yellowjackets on Showtime and season three episode four of The Mandalorian. Be warned. Hello, my name is Jason Cacepcion and I'm Rosie Knight and welcome next Revision, the Criokeet Media podcast, where we die of deep in your favorite shows, movies, comics and pop culture.
Speaker 3: On this episode and previously on I will be doing a super speedy Yellowjacket season one recap before the premiere of season two on Showtime. In the airlock, we will be walking onto that very dangerous lake again for season three, episode four of The Mandalorian, and we've got a baby with us. He's here a celebrity. A theory from Sean that seeks to answer another listener's theory from our March tenth episode on The Mandalorian, season three, episode two. Thank you. I'm loving this inter listener theory conversations. We're inspiring here.
Speaker 2: As always, if you want to jump around, check out show notes for the time stamps. They may be inaccurate. We're working on that, but check them out anyway. Coming up previously on all Right, first up, we're gonna be covering first of all Yellowjackets season two on this show of fantastic first season. Catch up with it if you haven't. If you have, man introduce at the starting line. Rosie Knight for the speed recap of season one of Yellowjackets on the Bleakered Showtime Network.
Speaker 3: Okay, forgive me if the episodes are incorrect. I had this from memory. Episode one, in the Wilds of the Woods, we see a young girl running through the forest screaming she's chased down and killed. We then see a group of hooded figures feasting on meat. Could it be human?
Speaker 4: Dunt?
Speaker 3: Dun't dunn? And then in New Jersey nineteen ninety six, a girls high school soccer team head off to Nationals, but they're plane tragically crashes. In the present, we meet some of the survivors, Shawna, an unsatisfied housewife, Nat a recovering at it, Misty are very cool, Misty Avery creepy caregiver, and Tie, an aspiring politician. When they begin to receiving strange blackmail notes about their time in the woods, they must band together episode two, as the girls try to survive the wreckage. In nineteen ninety six, Misty and unpopped, a girl in her high school, suddenly rises to the top of the wilderness hierarchy thanks her uncanny survivalist skills. Seems good, but quickly takes a dark turn when she purposefully smashes the black box wa wa wa because she wants to keep being popular, condemning them to what we now known as nineteen months in the wild. In the present, Shawna rear ends a very hunky and an enigmatic man named Adam, while Nat confronts Misty, suspecting she is behind the blackmail. When Misty claims her innocence, the pair become a unexpected buddy couple and go off to uncover the truth. In episode three, that quest turns tragic when Misty and Nat try to locate Travis, one of the other survivors of their time on the wilderness, but they soon Discovery's already dead sets now on a spiral, and Taysa's political campaign has suddenly hit with smears about her time in the forest, and to make things worse, her son starts to see weird visions. In the nineties, the girls find a cabin Hopeful, but it's already inhabited by a dead body.
Speaker 2: Oh no, terrible, terrible, terrible.
Speaker 3: Episode four. Relationships are beginning to bloom. Natt and Travis cement their romance, Shawna takes Harvey under her fring. Tysa and Van find space to continue their reship lesbian affair love that for them, and Lottie and the religious law release start to make a strange spiritual connection that's gonna end badly for everyone in the future. Shawna and Adam begin an affair speaking of things that are gonna end badly for everyone, and Tysa gets off in a massive political donation, but to get it, she would have to spill the beans on what happens in the woods. She rightfully says, fuck you, and it doesn't happen. Episode five. Nature takes its course in the forest and all the girls periods sync up. There is one exception, though, Sawna, who's real to be pregnant with her best her best friend Jackie's boyfriend Jeff. It's his baby and now Shawna's married him. That's fucked up. In the modern day, Tysa begins to see visions of wolves, and Shawanna and Jeff struggle with their marriage, and we learn Misty has been spying on Shawna. Misty's crimin away, see you crazy lady, Well she's getting crazy because guess that's what. She kidnaps a journalist who was asking questions. It's okay, yeah, you know, but then she ties her up in her bedroom and poisons her, and it turns out she's not a journalist at all. She's actually a PI hired by Taysa to check that her friends wouldn't spill.
Speaker 2: I'd tell you, miss These ways seemingly random and crazy, but they all work out again.
Speaker 3: Look Out Look. Misty's the secret hero at the Yellow Jackets need but in nineteen ninety six, she's poisoning assistant coach Ben to keep him weak and close, so they get it and mark against her there episode six. In nineteen ninety six, Lotty's connection to the supernatural continues to grow after a seance that leads her to believe she's possessed. We also learned she's had pre cognitive visions before that that came true. Laura le baptizes Laurie, and in the future, Misty continues to keep Jessica hostage. Nat tries to find out what happens to Travis. Tye realizes her son isn't having visions. Good news, Bad news is it's her Ty has been climbing into the tree in a very creepy fashion. Episode seven, the crew tries to caltch their blackmailer. It doesn't work, but they do cover him with glitter, which will become important soon. In nineteen ninety six, Tile to group of girls to try and get potential freedom from the forest, but they get attacked by wolves and one of the wolves apparently kills Van. Lotty sort of foresaw the violence with a strange vision, so people start to believe she's supernaturally inclined and start to follow her, and we go to episode eight. Good news Vans Arelife, Bad news. She wakes up already on a funeral plier. She's not happy.
Speaker 2: About her Heckla pulse people. She's literally like fire, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: So Van Survival and Jackie's reveal Shana is pregnant. She knows that it's Jeff as the father. It inspires Laura Lee to fix up an old plane try and fly out. Probably should have done that sooner, just gonna say like, but okay, sadly looks like it's all going well, explodes over the lake, ripiter Laura Lee, but to Lotty it's a sign the forest doesn't want them to leave. Episode No.
Speaker 2: I might have just been a very very old plane, but you know what I will say in the episode is very ominous.
Speaker 3: The Teddy bears at some fire, but yeah, it's bad times. Episode nine is Doom's Coming, Baby is Doom's Coming. To celebrate the homecoming, they never got to have, the girls throw a wild wilderness party, but thanks to a mix up with Misty's magic mushrooms, they all get extremely high an non consensually it's an accident and end up almost raping and killing Travis. Speaking of nonconsensual, they're stop by Nat and it was Shauna who was gonna slit Travis's throat in the modern day, she gets to finish that job, not to Travis, but to her poor boo, Adam, who she guts after becoming suspicious that he maybe the blackmailer. Very unrealistic and bad choice there, Shauna, but sure so she kills her. Shauna then soon immediately realizes either this episode or next then it was actually Jeff, her husband, who is the blackmailer. Dunt dunt dum. Episode ten, She decides to set up Adam, gets her friends to chop up the body. Misty of course knows how to do this because that's kind of thing she's into, and she covers for Jeff, and the pair of them kind of find their romance reignited. It's very fucked up. Those two have got some issues. She then goes on to the school union with the girls. They have a very fun kind of time there. Shauna threatens people that she's going to kill them if she if they tell about Jeff blackmail. But things are not going well. Season ends badly for everyone. Jackie doesn't survive her night outside in the snow after the girls forced her to sleep out there. She dies in the IRP to Jackie in the future. The news reports on the fact that Adam is missing, and Shawna, Jeff, and their daughter Kelly realize like, oh fuck, Ty wins her election. Good news, sid news, bad news. Looks like she did some kind of weird blood sacrifice with her dog to get it, which her wife finds in the apartment. So she's now in the probably Lotti's cult follower part. Misty kills Jessica with a poison cigarette. We'll just say she did tell Jessica to stop smoking. If Jessica hadn't smoked a cigarette, she wouldn't have died. And nat Is kidnapped moments before killing herself and moments before she can receive a phone call that reveals that Loti is alive and she wiped Travis's bank count before he died.
Speaker 2: Season two of Yellow Jackets begins streaming March twenty sixth on once again the beleaguered Showtime Network. We will be covering that show every Wednesday, I believe here on the Division program. Up next, The Mandalorian, We're stepping out of the airlock and into the Mandalorian training grounds for season three, episode four of The Mandalorian on Disney Plus the episode titled Chapter twenty The Foundling, written by John Favreau and Dave Filoni and directed by the legend himself. Carl Weathers, you, son of a bitch. Let's start with the recap. So we're outside of the Armor's cave. The Mandalorian covert is putting itself through some rigorous training, and let's just stop for a moment and give a real big pad on the back to whoever the Mandalorian recruiter is, because let me tell you, folks, the Mandalarian Covert is growing in an exponential place.
Speaker 3: There is like at least ten times as many as that was last time, and they've wrought Amah.
Speaker 2: They were like a D four school. Now they're like a D one. I don't know what they're offering these recruits. I don't know where the best scar is coming from. Something's happening, Something is happening, and you can really feel the momentum, folks, and they're out there just fighting. Bokitan is kind of like strolling around taking it all in. The Mandalorians are like hitting each other with fists, with staves, with knives, They're shooting flamethrowers at each other. They're shooting blaster bolts just like over the open lake and throwing grenades into the lake. Things live in there, folks, What are we doing?
Speaker 3: I would say, yeah, I don't think they've learned that lesson. I think some one of the lessons that we've kind of been talking about a lot about the Mandalorians is this is a culture that is so focused on war and weaponry as like their main kind of mission. And I feel like the first thing they do when they get these new recruits is to once again start training them for battle. Seems like it's abaud.
Speaker 2: I'm just throwing thermal detonators into the lake. Grogu sits nearby taking it all in. Originally I thought he was like Force arranging rocks.
Speaker 3: YEA, Then it's definitely you're meant to think it's that classic Force joke of like you the rocks, and I think Grogu maybe thinks that's what he's doing.
Speaker 2: But then there's a really cute ru But then it turns out that they are all crabs, and then I think Grogu certainly probably wants to.
Speaker 3: Eat He thinks he's gonna eat it, but Din comes over and he's like, no, no, no, Din.
Speaker 2: Comes over and is like, Grogu, you're up. Okay, everybody's getting put through their paces. It's your turn to get put through your paces. With some light sparring with one of the other foundlings. The referee of this particular about is like, this kid is too small.
Speaker 3: He's a baby.
Speaker 2: This kid is ten inches tall. Are we sure about this? But Denn's like, don't worry about it. I've seen him in real action, like do real, real stuff. He can handle it. Let the baby cook. The challenger, who I'm assuming is the boy from episode one.
Speaker 3: I was thinking that, but then like, we don't know, so like a thing here about like later on about who his father is. So it's uncle. It's a not a child. That is what we will say a young child.
Speaker 2: Mandalorian gets challenged and as the challenged gets to pick a weaponry and it's like, well, I don't think that kid can even like hold a gun, so I'm gonna go guns. And then he asks Dinn why doesn't he wear a helmet? He is too young to speak the Creed dances and therefore is too young to wear helmet. Then he's too young to fight. I think it's a good point, but again let's the baby.
Speaker 3: The baby cook look also as well, as we will point out many times in this episode, we're starting to lead that the rules about the Mandalorian's very blurry. They're not one hundred percenture what's going on with the creed or I think the helmet or anything else.
Speaker 2: It's really the one rule is helmet, keep it on around other people. Everything else is kind of Calvin Ball like stuff, even around a lot. So the training guns come out and it's like these little like paintball, paint dust, little wrists.
Speaker 3: Shot the dots that we've seen didn't use.
Speaker 2: Bocatan very lovingly straps it onto Grogu's wrist and it's a very very almost matronly motherly fashion.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Each contestant has three shots. Uh. And now here's a great example of exactly what you're saying. The way the referee explained the rules, it seemed to me it was gonna be like, okay, round one, go and each would get one shot shot at each other. But that's not how it went. So they went round one and the challenger shoots Grogu right in the chest with a little paintball. Okay, round two, challenger shoots Grogu in the chest with little paintball.
Speaker 3: It's kind of more like a jewel or something.
Speaker 2: And then dinner is like gives them a little peppic, you know, it's like timeout, coach, time out camera kid. And then it's like, listen, you can do it. I know what you can do. I've seen you force choke people.
Speaker 3: Favorite shot. He's like, I've seen it, I know what you can do. Show him what you can do. And I'm thinking, like, this guy is gonna eat this baby's gonna force choke a child.
Speaker 2: But I really thought was that, like what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: But no, it's Grogu's other impressive trick that the puppeteers are very happy to show off.
Speaker 2: He's leveling up that flip. So Googu does a forward flip into a backflip, lands exactly where he took off, and then triple shots the kid right in the chest. Now, again, this seems like it would be not against the rules, Like I thought it was one shot per round but okay.
Speaker 3: Also, as when I was like trying to work it out, I was kind of like, so would they be okay with him flipping? Because like the kid one day have a jet pack or they can just see that it's valuable to have a force user. It did feel unfair, though.
Speaker 2: I gotta say the mainlins are kind of rednecks. They're just they don't know what's going They're just out here, like throwing blaster shots over the lake at nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, also still buy that same light. Can we please recall what happened last time? They were just like a giant alligate to like Lake Placid style alligator came out and absolutely demolished them, and like they didn't think, just like being the cave trailing tails. They're gonna find out it was a bad choice.
Speaker 2: So three points to the winner. Our winner. Grogu bo is like, did you teach him that? To Din and Dinn says not me. Of course. It was Luke Skywalker. Ever heard of that guy?
Speaker 3: I think it rings a bell.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Shortly thereafter, the challenger who lost and it's probably so humiliated that he lost to a ten inch tall fifty three year old baby gets swallowed by a bird by like a pterodactyl looking bird that just swoops down scoops the kid up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a fagging terodactyl. But it's terrifying and again, seems like you probably shouldn't be chilling in this one spot, especially when we find out this is not the first.
Speaker 2: Time we get to that. I think we did we choose the right planet. I don't know. Uh. The man learns are like, okay, we got to go after this bird. Good choice. But when when they start running out of gas positive pasvisl runs out of gas chasing the bird, what's happening?
Speaker 3: He's just chilling like and he like and he's like just chilling on the cliff. He's like, oh, I run out of gas. I like, did you not check before you went? Like? Do you have more gas? And if so, why did you not fill up beforehand?
Speaker 2: Luckily, Boca ten is a full on spaceship.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, She's like, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: And she follows the bird all the way back to its layer aka its nest uh. And she comes back and she's like, hey, I know where the nest is uh. And a search party is arranged, but they're not going to leave until the morning apparently the next day, so it's gonna be a full like let's be we'll give it. We'll say it's like ten to twelve hours. Yeah, until they set out and there are certain rules because this bird is very canny, and we understand, as as you said, Rosie, that this is like at least the second.
Speaker 3: Time that's like it is, Oh, you know, the bird never brings them back. And I'm like, my god, what do you mean.
Speaker 2: Like what happened to take precautions?
Speaker 3: How many Mandalorians are there that you're just willing to sacrifice one? I know you're in a good job of recruiting, but please.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what happened to the boy from the first episode.
Speaker 3: Reza. Every Mandalorian and by this bird or killed by a giant alligatza.
Speaker 2: So uh so they start they huddle together because again they do have some experience with this bird, seeing as how it has been eating various members of their tribe for x amount of weeks. So they're like, okay, well, we can't use jetpacks around it because it'll hear it and it it'll eat the kid. Okay, so no jetpacks. So that means how are we gonna get up to the nest? Aha? The armor is like, I'm gonna get you the extra extra extra long grapnels out a store. I'm gonna go back into the storage closet and get the really long.
Speaker 3: Grap pad and is also like, by the way, I just used to casually climb mountains, like yeah, so I was training, so don't worry about it, which also begs the question there wasn't one other Mandalorian who has trained that way. You could have climbed the mountain to get back whichever kid got fed before problems in the I mean an organization that.
Speaker 2: Was a very Star Wars line from bow you know, very like oh, I used to I used to bomb wamp brats like that kind.
Speaker 3: It's true like in the In some of the great like expanded books, especially like The Princess Leah but by Claudia Gray, which I love, you learn about the kind of challenges that Royalty have to often go through and these kind of trials they do. But yeah, I thought it was really funny. She was just like, I can climb up there no or stone and armors like great, I got a grapple a nook for you. Those very well, really well, we used them last time for the alligator.
Speaker 2: So they all fly off in bow ship and that leaves Grogu in the armor to just kind of chill. And so the armor is like Grogu you're too young to go on this on this mission. Unfortunately your ten inch just till you are fifty three years old. But a baby still you.
Speaker 3: Can do a flip.
Speaker 2: But like that's not that apressive, that good, So come back with me into the armory and uh, let's just have a chat.
Speaker 3: I want to say, I feel like for Grogor, I know he loves tin, but I feel like there he is, look at him exactly. I just want to say, yeah, I feel like he didn't wanna like he he didn't choose the Jedi way, and because he was probably sick of all the training. He just likes to like sleep and eat. And I feel like she's like, come you now, She's like, you gotta learn all these Mandalorian ways, and he's probably like, oh, for fuck's sake, Like I'm not sure if I'm really into that. Like Jedi training is intense, but Mandalorian training is like stupid and intense. But it's actually okay because he doesn't really have to get trained. He just has to get a cool gift from the armor.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like Skyrim where you can join multiple guilds. Yeah, yes, it's kind of like what Grogu is doing like he's in the Jedi guild already, he has the force so and has gotten training from the very very best fans man. So now let's get some Mandalorian training.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: So they go into the Forge, and then the Armor is like, this is the forge. This is the heart of Mandalorian culture. I think Grogu's go but by the way, like Armor, we got it. Grog's been here a little while.
Speaker 3: Unless Grog's already wearing like a sick chain mouth. Yeah, that's kind of one on one understands he knows what's going on.
Speaker 2: That's definitely like Mando pre one on one, like he knows, he knows that much of it. Also, there's only one room. There's only one structure here at base camp. It's literally just the forge. Like you don't have to explain the one place that there is.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then so the Grogu looks on as the Armor is hammering out some best car plate, and the Armor is talking about like how uh you know best car comes from donations, Like all the all the members that tribe go out and they find different little bits of best car and they bring it back.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then the sound of the pounding the pounding. The hammering seems to really have Grogu upset. And I get to tell you, this is the most emotionally like, vulnerable and raw puppet of all time.
Speaker 3: Because he was putting the Muppets out of business armor.
Speaker 2: Fucking stop hammering.
Speaker 3: You are upsetting the babies. You are stop giving him PTSD or you are awakening. The PTSD already has from orders.
Speaker 2: To look at the baby arbor which wing and you know that we see this look of of real sadness and grief and then pain crossing over Grogu's face, and then all of a sudden, we are back at the night of Order sixty six. In Grogu's memories, there's a bunch of Jedi that are trying to hold off the Clone Troopers. They are getting gunned down Clone Troopers. That the hammering that Grogu is hearing is the Clone Troopers hammering through this door and they get it open. Uh And and the Jedi has managed to spirit Grogu into an elevator really quickly, and they send it down and when it stops, there's a Jedi there waiting for him. And it's our friend Keller and Beck playing by the one and only Yaman best akajar Jar binks and the crowd goes and the crowd Kellerin beck the sabered hand who carries two lightsabers, and boy can he use them quite well because he makes very short work of him.
Speaker 3: Yes, he and I think this is this is really important on two levels. One because it's not like a character people know. It might feel a little bit anti climactic, but this is an answer to the big question that we've been asking saves. I love that they gave this to Ahmed. He's been through so much because it's.
Speaker 2: Very open about the trials and tribulations of being involved in Star Wars and what it did to him.
Speaker 3: And I've loved to see him kind of being brought back into the Lukes film fold first with some really fun like quiz shows he was doing with kid stuff, and now to see him be the one who saved the child, arguably the most important role and biggest answering this question, and to get to be a bad ass Jedi, it's pretty great. It was really cool.
Speaker 2: So who Kellerin gets Grogu on a speeder and they fly off through the skyline of Corroussant troopers in pursuit Uh, and it's a wonderful dogfight. The chase enters a train tunnel with Kellern playing chicken with the train. He wins UH, and then he tells Grogu, who is obviously quite panicked by all of this, he don't worry. We're going to meet up with some friends of mine and then crash land on a platform floating above the city, and the people that Kellerin is there to meet are some soldiers from Naboo, So Naboo is involved. There's a lot of Naboo in this series. With the ship and with.
Speaker 3: Prequels, very prequels.
Speaker 2: It feels like we're going to wherever we're heading is going to involve Naboo in some former fashion. And certainly it certainly appears that Grogu's history is going to intersect with Naboo somehow. But as soon as they land there to get Grogu on this ship with the Newboo guardsmen, the Clone Troopers find them. Now there's a big firefight and Beck and Grogu get on the Nubuian ship and they head for fiber Space. Grogu comes out of his reverie after you know, his memory basically ends as they're in that hyperspace on only comes out of it the armor completely oblivious to this. Here, hey, Grogu, all the ship that you've heard before, I'm just like still talking about did you know, hey, Grogu, did you know that man learns were best car armor?
Speaker 3: Do you know what bestcar is? Right?
Speaker 2: And did you know that we make it here in the forge, by the way is the heart of And then she tells him about the tithing, the act of donating, and then she makes him this little cute little chest plate and then I think it needs a strap, but apparently I'm not an armor.
Speaker 3: Is just like the chest. I feel like it's a it's a very weighted moment. We see Grogu's armor growing. But also I'm like, you know, at some point and somebody's gonna get shot and that's gonna be what saves him. But it was very like here it is yeah, very check off SMA.
Speaker 2: So yeah, she just places it like a plate on his chest.
Speaker 3: Isn't magnetic? That's what we need to find out. Maybe it connect again.
Speaker 2: We don't we don't do this, We're not armors. We don't do this for a living.
Speaker 3: And he's a little cute fairy jacket. But yeah, it doesn't look secute to me.
Speaker 2: So we go over to the search party. That includes a pause which you can find out why he's so interested in going on this a little like minally interesting. Yeah, he's a very stoic guy. And Din they arrive at the Bird's Layer and then they're like, hey, let's wait it out. Let's not go right now. Let's in fact wait another night. So now it's gonna be twenty four hours before they go and challenge the spurd. Just keep track of that time. So the first thing they do is like it's time to camp and the you know, around the campfire, the food's coming out, and Bo, who is again very disconnected from her Mandalorian identity. Her culture is like strolls over dinner's like what do we how does it work with eating? Like what do we do? And dinner's like you just everybody just kind of goes off on their own to eat, you know, so nobody can.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're adding another layerhead to this. Mandalorian lores like so you can take your helmet off near other people as long as they are not looking at you and you are not looking at them, but we have also seen people eat and drink.
Speaker 2: Like that's my personal favorite. Yeah, you just want to see someone.
Speaker 3: Like under the helmet.
Speaker 2: Uh and Bo's about to head off and then Puss like no, no, no, you're the you're the you're the war party leader. You get to eat by the fire. That's like your honor. So that's pretty cool, now, you know, Christ and Saul super producers. Christ and Saul had a good question which I think we're all thinking about because soon question because soon after this pause is like, hey, ps, I know it's been now a day since we've been on this a hunt to get this kid back. Ps. It's Mike's kid, So that's why I'm here. Right. So if let's say that is his biological trial with another Mandalorian, perhaps you need armor. What happens? Does it stay on? Does it you take the helmet off? Right? Is it just bumper cars?
Speaker 3: What is the what is the situation here? Is that like flaps and like.
Speaker 2: We need to know, Yeah, John, David, John, I know you've thought. Don't sit there and tell me you haven't thought about it?
Speaker 3: Was it cool?
Speaker 2: We need to understand we all know what happens. So then it's the next morning again twenty four hours since this child has been in the clutches of the bird. But like, hey, if we try to fight the bird, it'll kill the boy, because that's what's happened before. Oh my gosh. He says that it just happened for what it has taken others.
Speaker 3: Which so now from one to to potentially.
Speaker 2: Like I guess like single digits. Hey, Mandalorians, like, can we set up some auto cannons or something like sleep in the cave, high frequency something that like it just chases away the bird. Why are we just letting people get snatched up by birds? Anyway? The bottom line is stealth. Gotta be stealthy. You have to sneak up on the birds. So they use their risk cables. They scale the cliffs. It is very hard work. But again Bow has done this, she's been doing She's just she's chilling. They get and they had the really long grapnel cables. Shouts in the armor, thank you very much. Ps. She's in the forge, which is the heart of man. Learn culture. She made those graps very important culture.
Speaker 3: That grappling.
Speaker 2: So they get up to you know, I don't know what I was expecting, but it is exactly what it should have been, which is a fucking huge n a giant a.
Speaker 3: It's very like crystal and.
Speaker 2: Dinn goes to heat mode and it's like, hey, I see a heat source about fifty yards and I should.
Speaker 3: Have been using that before you got to the nest.
Speaker 2: Just kind of work out what you meant, because like, that's my son, and I fucking care now and I'm gonna run over and I'm gonna get.
Speaker 3: He's like, I've got gas in my jet back now, baby.
Speaker 2: But guess what, it's just like three massive, yeah, giant babies.
Speaker 3: May it be bud dragons, very really cute.
Speaker 2: And just as the bird babies are like emerging from the straw, uh, the mommy returns and immediately vomits the kid up to which the only question that needs to be asked at this point is has this child been in this bird.
Speaker 3: Way four hours?
Speaker 2: That least?
Speaker 3: And wow?
Speaker 2: The best car is good? If that is the case, best is strong?
Speaker 3: Would you ever well it is the center of Mandalorian culture, yes, right, but like, would you ever forgive your dad if you found out that he was just like chilling at a campfire, like eating dinner being digested?
Speaker 2: I know, we could go right now to when they might be asleep, but let's go tomorrow morning, and then after we go tomorrow morning, let's then camp out for another twelve hours, then go at dawn the next morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you're gonna you're talking about at least forty eight hours in that in that bud's belly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you're gonna get mrked by a bird, then are you really the stuff of Mandalorian?
Speaker 3: You know, like you've.
Speaker 2: Gotta prove it.
Speaker 3: I feel you, I feel you. It's like he's gonna have to live with that. Shameful. He did also get beat by the baby, Like.
Speaker 2: What are twenty four hours for? This child got beat by a baby flat out and the baby cheated. You just gotta say it's the baby, and then everyone back to baby back the baby was like, yeah, fuck it, three shots in one round. Yeah, that's fine. And then Dad.
Speaker 3: Shaded him because he said to him, you don't speak if you don't know. Yeah, he did something wrong, like then eaten.
Speaker 2: By a bird. Delightful twenty four hours and a bird's belly. Dad just not really not really a rush to save them. And then Dad almost gets his ass kicked by baby birds. But that's neither here nor there. The mama bird freaks out that there's all these armored Mandalorians in its home next to its babies to feed by the way, just trying to feed, Like obviously you want to get the kid back, but this it's just the doing nature. It's just doing its motherly instinct thing. It grabs the kid in its talent foot and it flies off. The Mandalorians give chase, and luckily they have they have gas this time, and they remember when they said, like, don't shoot it because it'll eat the kid. Now they're doing everything. They're shooting cables at it, they're shooting nets at it, they're flying up and trying to stab it in the eye with nothing.
Speaker 3: They're just like, you know what, they lose the kid, We got to kill the bod, Like why bill this bird?
Speaker 2: And eventually eventually they get the bird to let go of the kid. Din manages to you know, jet pack down and snatch him up before the kid hits the water. The mama bird sadly does hit the water and is quickly swallowed up by one of those crocodiles that we saw on episode one. Rip to the Mama Bird again just trying to satific.
Speaker 3: I just want to say something as well. You're telling me that a bad plan wouldn't have just to be find a mama bud while she's flying holding the kid, shoot her so that she lets go of the kid, and then one of you uses the jet pack to catch her. I'm saying this is basically this is very walking dead logic. You did twenty five things to get back to the thing.
Speaker 2: At the very least, we didn't need to wait a day.
Speaker 3: Exactly. That was a terrible idea.
Speaker 2: We didn't need to wait a day. Also, like, why why are we never using the stun feature in our blasters only? You know, like, can we set to stun a few times? Not just that we're shooting Princess Leiah. Like anyway, we head back to the covert. Everybody's happy as they should be, including Grog. They go to meet Bo's ship. The war party comes out and everybody's cheering, and Din goes over it picks up grogu like we did it. We killed a mama bird, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Baby, Dad, we killed this bed that probably wouldn't have attacked us if we'd have camped anywhere else except for these extremely dangerous lake.
Speaker 2: And the armor comes out and she's like, Bogatan, you have honored your house and all of Mandalor. You have done the highest honor of the creed saving a foundling. This is the way, This is the way, this is, this is the way. Baby, and Bo says, guess what we got more founilines. Wait what, that's right? The three babies who you thought were orphaned. You thought they were just gonna starve to death.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, Bo said absolutely.
Speaker 2: Both said absolutely not. This is kind of fucked up what we did. And I'm thankful for Bo for this. We are taking these three big baby birds in and you know what's gonna happen. We're gonna see Mandalorians.
Speaker 3: Like dragon buds. Absolutely. I just I just want to say, though this is I agree. I'm glad I did this. I was chair and when those giant baby dragon birds came out of the ship, I love the idea that you'd have to make helmets for them. It's great. But this does speak to another issue with the Mandalorian of kidnapping. Love kidnapping, A lot of kid muttering a parent and then being like, I shall raise you now.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of kid's gonna I am bath well, you know, to be fair, the jedis flat out kidnap as well.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: It's it's a cultural problem, a very cultural problem, a lot of kidnapping. The Armor then takes Bow into the Forge, which is the heart of Mandalorian culture, to do some repairs on her armor. Uh. And bo Is like looks at the Mythosaur bust on the walls, like, hey, Mithosaur, and Army is like, yeah, Methosaur.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And She's like, you know what, since you're doing these repairs and I need a new pauldron, can you make me a misosaur pauldron? I think though, And the armor is like that's fucking great. I love that.
Speaker 3: She's like any mandaloriancome were one. And that's a big moment for Bo on that kind of reconnecting with the like more now more contemporary Mandlerine culture.
Speaker 2: And so then bo is like, let me ask you a question. What would you say if I told you I saw as I saw and the armor is just like I'd say, you were very lucky. And Bo's like, no, no, no, no, you don't get it, Like I really I'm not like a visual like a real one. Like I didn't have a dream. This is like a real myss like I saw it, and the armor is just like very flatly.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, this is the way. That's good.
Speaker 2: I gotta I'm gonna go to the bathroom. No reaction, can I get any kind of like I Bow must be like, what like can I get no? Holy shit, the missaur's are back?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 2: Nothing, I know.
Speaker 3: I wonder when she said this is the way, It's like it's such a it's such a heavy line because it's like does she not believe bo is what she's actually saying? Like this is the way? So confused now yeah exactly because she's expecting that everyone's gonna be like, oh my god, this is it. But maybe the armor's acceptance is just like well yeah, that's like that's the way. Now you're gonna ride the mithosaur mandalo is gonna rise again. But it is like so funny, absolutely flat, just flat.
Speaker 2: Bow must have been like, why did I keep this secret for like who knows a week? Why didn't I just tell the Why didn't I just tell anybody? Because the armor is.
Speaker 3: Just like okay, I mean both talking around the campfire, they probably would have been more into it. The armor is not both that the armor is because.
Speaker 2: They can't because they are all walk away from each other conversations.
Speaker 4: Guys, right, so we're I don't know where anybody is, but I just won't.
Speaker 2: Say I saw his arm who said that his ball X ray vision will be back and we're back. Why do you think the armor is the arm Does she just like, no, it's back or did she? Was she expecting it? What is this reaction?
Speaker 3: I do? I think that Armorer's whole thing is kind of like led by preordained Mandalorian kind of law and belief. So to her, it's like, Okay, this woman that I never saw, who was never part of our covert has now appeared, and suddenly she's also seen a mythosole. Well, she was down in the minds of man law. You know what can I else? Can I say? This is the way? Like, I guess she's just gonna I think that hints that she accepts that the mythsoles are back, and probably that bow Maybe she thinks it's thin, But I think in the way she speaks about Bo's probably gonna be the one who writes.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you if I'm BO I'm like, Armor, why the fuck are we still hanging out here? The planet is open for business. We can go back and ps packed with best card.
Speaker 3: We talked about this the other day, like where why aren't they going there minding that best? Why is there even just two people who got said that? Yeah, I mean the Armor, like probably what would she say to you should be like this is.
Speaker 2: The way, that's like what she has to say. Now, there are there are some hostels in the area, Like that's gonna happen. But you guys are heavily armed.
Speaker 3: And the mandlawiers love to kill a creature. They'll just be happy to do it.
Speaker 2: They've been doing it every episode, slaughtering motherbirds and poor crocodile crocodiles that are just trying to eat. Just go. Why don't you do it on your homeworld?
Speaker 3: I know it does. I do wonder this might be reading too much into it, because I feel like the Armor is still a very enigmatic figure. But it does feel like the Armor has a reason to not go. That's what I want to know, because I feel like Din went there. Din was redeemed, so you must believe that Din went into the living waters in the minds of mandlaw. If that is the case, surely you would immediately just send an exploratory group there there was a reason you didn't want to go, And that's what I'm kind of most interested.
Speaker 2: There must be a reason. Or maybe it's that some of the coverts still aren't like sold on it's not radioactive anymore or something, But like why not just come back?
Speaker 3: But then why let bowed in in because surely, yeah, they'd make you sick, you know. I think it's very mysterious how many episodes is this season, because I feel like they're going to start to need eight episodes, so we're halfway through at this point. Yeah, I feel like they have to start to ramp up the answers to some of these questions. As everyone knows, I'm a big fan of the sequential kind of pulpy style, like you could go and see it in a cinema on a Saturday morning or you watch on a Saturday morning TV. So I like these kind of adventures. I love to see Carl Weather's back directing again, always the legend having the most fun making this show. But I feel like halfway through the season, are they going to go back to mandalor like what happened with that kind of Andrian kind of cloning snoke hint situation. Like, there's many different threads and I'm very interested to see whether the second half of this season is just going to be tying them.
Speaker 2: It feels like the last it feels like we end with the recolonization of Mandlord, Like they're going home. They have to go home at some point. You can't stay on this fucking bird infested, crocodile infested.
Speaker 3: They're worried about their man, and yet they're staying on this planet where multiple people are getting eat.
Speaker 2: Does it make the nest out of where are the trees?
Speaker 3: It makes it with the bones of all the Mandalorians is eating because there's others. Uh.
Speaker 2: These questions and more will be answered on a weekly basis right here on the x Ray Vision program as we cover the Mandalorian season three up next nerd Out.
Speaker 3: In today's nerd Out, where you tell us what you love and why, or a theory that you're excited to share. Sean from Maryland his own theory in reply to a previous theory from listener Swati and Emily about the increasing number of Mandalorian recruits, which is very relevant to this episode.
Speaker 2: Uh Sean says he's a longtime listener, first time emailer. Quote heard the latest fan theory posted by your Listener's. The easiest explanation for the large number of recruits might be this. They are left over clones. Clones are based on jingle FETs DNA. They could be genetically Mandalorian. They would all be older and former troopers, which would also explain why they sucked so bad the.
Speaker 3: Crocodile.
Speaker 2: You know what, I would not be shocked if, like at least a handful of these Mandalorians are Jengo clones.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that's actually a really great idea, not just necessarily because of like the like the idea of genetic Mandalorians, but the whole point of Mandalorians is that anyone can join and take the creed. So it would make sense that you would end up with soldiers and people who had left or escaped the empire putting on the helmet, never having to be seen again, not having to be recognized, being able to start a new life. I think that's very smart actually, And I think there's also, like, I know, we had a lot of jokes this episode because it's like a very funny situation, but like there's something emotionally weighty and moving, Yeah, that could be explored. And that's kind of the thing that Star Wars does so well, especially expanding out in these stories about clones, about manned law and the wider world.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, you know, with the inclusion of Kellern Beck and I'm a Best it is really a continuation of the kind of philosophy that Dave Filoni has taken when approaching this material, which is how do we fix the bad stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the amor Best casting, it's about fixing something that happened in the real world, which ads is kind of meta text. So I think there's something very interesting that I would be sad to know that those wonderful, you know, people who had tried to find a new place, these true who were used in a way that they didn't have much consent, would end up in the Mandalor Yeah, exactly. He agrees with me that they would end up in the Mandalorian sect then immediately die by being beaten by a cryptail. That my heart. But I hope that if that is the case, that we might get to learn a little bit more about their stories because I think that's a great I think that's a great theory.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sean.
Speaker 3: If you have theories or passions that you want to share, hit us up at x ray at crooked dot com instructions in the show notes.
Speaker 2: That is it for us, Rosie any plugs, plugs, plug, pug plug plugs.
Speaker 3: Plugs, plugs plug, Oh, you can find me here. I have a Newslayer that I started. That's gonna be a lot of recommendations because I get a lot of requests for recommendations by our listeners and I don't have time, unfortunately, to reply to them. So I'm gonna be recommending books and comics and maybe some TV and film. It's called Rosie Recommends The Lovely Soul. Will put it in the show notes. Also, I'll just say you should wat Shadow and Bone if you haven't watched, it's on Netflix. I love it. This season they added some really great new cast members like Lewis Tan and kind of really heavy, cool martial arts action and it's just a really fun, inclusive fantasy series. Also, if you're excited for Yellow Jackets, you can check out my primer coverage over at IgM, where I've been writing a ton about season one and what to expect for season two.
Speaker 2: Catch the next episode on Wednesday, March twenty ninth for our catch up horror themed episode, including our discussion of the premiere of Yellow Jackets season two. Don't forget We'll bring you two episodes a week. That's twice, the Tinfoil Head Theories twice, The Deep Dives twice, the Everything x Ravision podcast Wednesday Fridays wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you can also go to YouTube and subscribe to xtra Vision. There you can see full episodes. You can see us messing around with this beautiful baby, and you can follow us at XRV pod on Twitter exactly and check out the discord to meet tons of amazing fans and listeners and me Jason to that.
Speaker 2: Five star ratings, five star reviews. We love them, We gotta have them, you gotta give them to us. Here is one from smith Cakes obsessed with this podcast, Thank you so I'd love to hear it. Jason and Rosie are amazingly knowledgable and passionate. I find myself listening to their episodes about stuff I don't even watch, just because I love them so much.
Speaker 3: Thank you Smith, Thank you means the while.
Speaker 2: X ray Vision is a Crooked Media production. The show is produced by Chris Lord and Soul Rubin. The show is executive produced by myself and Sandy Rhard are editing in sound design. Who's by Facillias Photopoulos, Dilon Villanueva and Mattic Group provide video production support. Alex Rella Ford handle social media. Thank you Brian Vasquez for the music. See you next time.
Speaker 4: Bye, Hey, Mike, this is his not for Manya. I just want to talk about the Mandalorian team today. They got a h you know, I'm a I'm a I'm a alumnus from the Mandalorian University. I just gotta say they got a five star recruit that you're gonna go crazy for. The name is Grogu. He's now, don't look at his stats, Mike, because he look at his stats. I mean, like, what's so special about this gu He's ten inches tall, he's fifty three years old. Uh, with a four inch wingspan on the arms. But Mike, this kid the agility. You're not gonna believe. He does flips. This kid's doing full flips over back forward. He's choking people. It's against the and the referees love him, Mike. That's the other thing you watch is his AAU games. This kid's taking five steps on every drive and the referees are just like, fuck it, it's fine. I'll take my hands off of the air.
Speaker 3: Mike.
Speaker 2: Thank you.