Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my.
Speaker 3: Name is Noah. They goll be ben.
Speaker 4: We are joined as always with our super producer Dylan the Tennessee pal Fagan. Most importantly, you are you. You are here. That makes this the stuff they don't want.
Speaker 3: You to know.
Speaker 4: If you are hearing our strange news program the Evening it publishes, let us be the first to officially welcome you to Monday, January twenty seventh. There's so much stuff going on. A shout out to everybody who had you know who is chasing the TikTok dragon and had to go into some hard like some hard with and then got it back.
Speaker 3: It was a real roller coaster of emotions over my house with the kids being like it's gone, everything is terrible, it's back. It's just yeah. It was. It was fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh TikTok is obviously a huge social media platform. It was pulled voluntarily by a TikTok's parent company due to the ongoing discourse between the US and China, and then it was reinstated kind of the same way that Coca Cola did New Coke and then came out with Coke Classic and it was an entirely different recipe.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, well, Ben, I mean you mentioned offline, you know, the need to maybe do a deeper dive into how social media affects our attention span, but also what an important potential means of opinion manipulation and control it could be in the hands of, say, a government that was using it in that fashion.
Speaker 4: I'd like to shout out you met for for noticing the historical precedence that maybe a play.
Speaker 2: What what you mean, limiting the access people have to certain information and then controlling the information that's fed to them, much like in the episode we just discussed where you take a hostage then you say, hey, you can only read these papers that we authored.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Orwell was right.
Speaker 3: I hate to say it. Orwell was right though, and a good writer for sure. And I mean, you know, if done with enough subtlety, it could almost go unnoticed for a while, you know, just manipulating the algorithm in just such a way to feed just enough stories that support a particular ideology or worldview, and then before you know it, kid's opinions are starting to change. I mean, and kids are smart. I'm not trying to say they're stupid, but this stuff is very difficult to combat. With the whole back to back video inging of TikTok, you almost won't even notice that you're kind of being fed propaganda, and.
Speaker 4: Social media does attack your attention span. Tune in for our episode on that. This part of the show is brought to you by Luigi Mangioti and the Tianamen Square Tourist Board.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back with our strange news and we've returned.
Speaker 4: We'll call the first part of tonight's program if I could get some Innio Morricone music, Dylan Pardons and commutations wah wah wah, the Good, the Bad, and the ugly. So first off, yeah, first off, check out our album. Secondly, we have to talk about the difference between a pardon and a commutation. Quite recently, we here in the still tenuously United States saw something extraordinary. One outgoing presidential administration released a wave of pardons and commutations. The incoming administration also launched a thousand ships technically more than a thousand of pardons, and this is something that needs to be examined.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: We know politics and ideology can be really sticky for a lot of people. We know that the American justice system has a ton of problems, but it is very important to begin with this. A pardon says you're fine, you're forgiven. A commutation says you are still guilty, but we're going to let you go.
Speaker 3: Are there versions of commutations where it could just be like a reduced sentence, or is it always okay?
Speaker 4: I thought so, Yeah, Yeah, commutation. Think of it as a spectrum, right, and a pardon is more absolute in that regard.
Speaker 2: Well, and a pardon restores all of your rights as a citizen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And this is where we see.
Speaker 4: The reason we're calling it the good, the bad, and the ugly is because depending upon your personal perspective, right, or depending upon whom you ask, some people will say a series of pardons are awesome. Other people will say a series of pardons or commutations are absolutely corrupt. One of the commutations we can begin with that we see, I believe, I hope collectively as an absolute win is Elder Leonard Peltier has had his sentence commuted. It was commuted in what we call an eleventh hour move by the outgoing US presidential administration, the Biden administration. Do now, we recently had an episode about Elder Peltier and we we actually wrote to him as well. We haven't heard back, and if you're listening, sir, we hope that you. We hope that you don't take the time to write us back. We hope that you enjoy your freedom. Do we want to talk a little bit about Leonard Peltier who he is just a quick recap for anybody who hasn't heard the episode yet.
Speaker 3: Sure. Yeah, And there's also a really great podcast out there called Leonard that's about his story. But he is an elder Native American tribesman who was caught up in a gunfight with the FBI essentially, and it would seem upon examination of the story that he was more or less defending himself from you know, folks who are coming into his territory aggressively. And he was of course convicted for a murder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there was a whole flight from the scene and you know, hiding out and then weapons charges and all this other stuff. It's a it's worth your time to listen to the episode we made on it, just so you can see the complexity of the issue and why maybe there are people out there who wanted him out immediately and then other people who wanted to keep him in indefinitely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, put there, guys.
Speaker 4: There was an executive grant of clemency signed by former President Joe Biden on January nineteenth. We're recording this on Wednesday, January second. The commutation goes into effect on February eighteenth, and to it seems that the administration was highlighting, underlining, italicizing, emphasizing that this was not a pardon. The former President Joe Biden said that Peltierre is to serve the remainder of his sentence. He's granted clemency, so he's not in jail, serving the remainder of his sentence at home, and then took extensive pains to reiterate that this was not a pardon. This was not to say that he didn't do things that US courts convicted him of doing. That's pretty controversial on both sides of the aisle, because a lot of law enforcement entities absolutely opposed even clemency, and we as we record, Leonard Peltier is eighty years old. So it's not as though he's going to be running triathlons.
Speaker 3: Just to be clear, I mean, he's certainly paid for what he was convicted of, you know, whatever you view the reality of that situation, I mean, that's a very very large portion of a man's life gone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and let's stay with the outgoing administration for a moment, because, as many of us doubtlessly doubtlessly know, there were a lot of pardons issued in that proverbial eleventh hour by the Biden administration as the Trump administration was coming into force right or was coming into the White House. The list here gets controversial for some people, especially folks who are not fans of the Biden administration, because there were a lot of family pardons. You know, there were pardons for the former president's brothers, James and Francis, as well as his sister, his sister in law, his brother in law. There were some pardons for people like Gerald Lundergrand who was convicted in twenty nineteen on campaign finance charges. The White House in that case said he demonstrated remorse. We don't often shout these out this media platform out, but Newsweek if you want to check them out, they have a pretty up to date list on the full Biden pardons. We also see that he here's our segue. We see that his administration collectively pardoned the members and staff of the Select Committee investigating the events of January sixth.
Speaker 2: Isn't that interesting? Preemptive pardons? It's so weird, Ben, did you call out the website. I didn't even know there was an Office of the Pardon Attorney.
Speaker 4: There is an Office of the Pardon Attorney. Yes, that's a true story. That's a real thing.
Speaker 2: You could go to the Justice dot gov website. I think it's just slash pardon and you'll get to the Office of the Pardon Attorney and you can see that entire list Ben is talking about. And it is fascinating to look at the giant list over the years, just as they happen with each president. Wow, that is a whole that's a whole podcast series just examining the pardons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's also I love that point, man, because it's also a way for us to do a kind of political dendo anology, you know, where you look at the rings of trees like this is a great way to see the passage of time. And this is very much one of the few presidential superpowers, right, yeah, just pardon people at the end, like some weird super move. It's up there with an executive order, and technically you put out an executive order, uh whatever you want, right, And it's the branch. It's the executive branch. So who's who's really going to fight you dude.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to George Bush from early jem earlier. Let's look at all the pardons that occurred as he was exiting, just to look at you know.
Speaker 3: Just to get a sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, which ones are your favorite? George W. Bush pardons? You guys were awesome parties.
Speaker 3: Jeezus, nothing, nothing's ringing a bell right off the top.
Speaker 2: Well, I just imagine, Look, there's a speculation on my part because that list, and I haven't thought about it for a while, but I imagine there's some preemptive pardoning of potential war criminality. What to say?
Speaker 3: And I mean I was saying, you know, maybe we often think of pardons as something that happens at the end of an administration as well, but these can happen anytime throughout an administration. I'm looking at the lists of pardons granted by President George W. Bush at Justice dot gov, and they go from December of two thousand and two all the way to January first, two thousand and nine, which is obviously a much longer list than the ones. No, that's not true. November twenty fourth is a massive list. Boy, it would take a lot of doing to kind of dig into some of these technical William Bruce but was pardoned for bank embezzlement ninety you.
Speaker 4: Get in situations like obviously, also, we must say that almost anybody is eligible for a pardon in the United States. Henry le Lucas, prolific serial killer, was spared from the death chamber by George W. Bush at the time a governor who commuted his death sentence, and governor's powers are not quite on the same level as the Potus Holy Cow.
Speaker 3: This guy William Marcus McDonald, who was in the Air Force. Under the US Air Force General Court Martial, he was pardoned for a distribution of cocaine, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, use of cocaine, possession of cocaine, and use of marijuana. I want to know what that backstory is.
Speaker 4: Small time or he was the plug. There's there's always that possibility, right, Maybe he was. Maybe he was like, come on, man, every time you texted me, I was there.
Speaker 3: A lot of these are drug charges.
Speaker 2: Yes, wild this poor guy Greg Biden, he was also in the Air Force. Biden pardoned him for wrongful use of cocaine.
Speaker 3: He just used him.
Speaker 4: As opposed to the rightful use right right, which is clearly to make eighties Bank is like, oh, make it, You're so fine. Clearly Coca was an executive producer on that one. Apologies to music. So the reason we're setting this up here is because we see that pardons, commutations, clemency, they can always be divisive. It's in fact, it's quite rare for these actions on the executive branch to not rub some people the wrong way, unless you're talking about clemency for clearly racially motivated stitch ups, you know, like civil rights activists and so on. I wanted to segue us to the other side of the pardons because right after Biden leaves, right after the Biden administration goes out, the Donald Trump administration comes in. They return right ll cool, Jay, don't call it a comeback, and they pardon a ton of people in a way that actually pisses off some Republicans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyone in particular, Ben, that you're thinking of.
Speaker 4: Well, for the most interesting purpose on our show here and all, I would say one thing that stood out to us was the pardon of the creator of the Silk Road two point zero, the creator of the dark web market, the Silk Road, which a lot of people used to buy their drugs, and I guess to the earlier point, hopefully they were using them the right way. This is a guy named Ross Olbricht, and Ross Olbricht we were talking about this offline and we received some messages from some of our fellow conspiracy realists about this. We have previous episodes on this. He was convicted in twenty fifteen in New York State here in US. In case anybody needs to be caught up on or read up on that accurate, Yeah, yeah, yeah, all true. He was convicted in convicted for distribution of narcotics for conspiracies related to money laundering. He was sentenced to life in prison, which was, as we noted previously in twenty fifteen, fairly unusual. Like the severity of his sentence as a first time offender, et cetera, et cetera. It really seemed to be a matter of, you could say, setting an example, or a matter of people saying, hey, we're aware of cyber crime and we're you know, we're not just some stodgy.
Speaker 3: Old I'm almost quoting Philip Larkin.
Speaker 4: We're not some stodgy old fools in hats and coats.
Speaker 2: We understand speaking of stodgy old fools and no offense guys or to myself. But ten years ago, approximately, we talked with Alex Winter about his documentary Deep Web about Ross Olbricht and the Silk Road and everything that was happening then, and it was basically, we need some justice for this guy, and feel how you feel about the Silk Road and Bitcoin and all of that stuff that was happening. But this guy kind of got he was made into an example just as you said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, agreed, and great shout out to our pal Alex. Alex Winter is a phenomenal documentarian, one of our favorite behind the scenes moments there.
Speaker 3: I can't believe a decade ago.
Speaker 2: Well, and if you don't know the name Alex Winter, you might know Bill s Preston Esquire.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course, Yeah, I had some adventures. They were pretty excellent wild stallions.
Speaker 4: So he went on to become a phenomenal documentarian and a very kind, quite accomplished individual. My favorite behind the scenes moment again, oh jez a decade ago, was during the interview this guy's so erudite, he's so smart. He pauses for a second. We hear a beep in the background and he goes, oh yeah, guys, hold on off air, My hot pockets are done.
Speaker 3: That's right. Was amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So this has been for proponents of Ulbricht. This has been a long time in coming, and one of the many pardons or moves toward clemency granted by the incoming Trump administration was the pardon of Ross Ulbricht and this like please check out our interview with Alex, Please check out our earlier conversations about this, and also shout out to everybody wrote in about the dread pirate Roberts, because that is the alias albrid used.
Speaker 2: When he was running this h So that ken one more shout out, Oh please do shout out to dastardly Dan consummate voicemailer on the show and he he hips us to an album called Freedom by Akira the Dawn. Yes, that features It's basically a bunch of phone calls ross made from prison and I guess to you know Akira or somebody associated with Akira. Then Akira the Dawn put that to music and it's an entire, like thirty five minute album of that and it's.
Speaker 3: Brilliant, superb.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and thank you dastardly Dan, Thank you Agira the Dawn. It reminds me we were saving this fro on air. It reminds me of for any hip hop heads, the recordings you will hear from Mumia Abu Jamal, most notably, perhaps for backpacker nerds like us, most notably featured on several tracks by Immortal Technique. Mortal Technique is not for everybody, but do you check it out. We're just gonna lead you to the edge of that rabbit hole. Go ahead and dive in.
Speaker 3: I would you know.
Speaker 2: Those artists that you adore but you feel like they would probably hate your guts. I think that's that's the way I feel about Immortal Technique.
Speaker 4: Like True Story, they buried the hatchet. I hate pop culture talk, but I respect both these guys. He buried the hatchet with Lynn Manuel Miranda because Lin Manuel Miranda, the creator of Hamilton, said that Mortal Technique used to bully him when they were in school.
Speaker 3: Literally said, he used to shove him in a trash can. Yes.
Speaker 2: Look, I hate to say it, immortal, I can see it. Man.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I just say big bully energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But he's incredible and prolific and it says stuff that makes your mind to go. Oh, I understand.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Check out his statements on the Fourth Estate, right, the oh gosh f the Middle East and gave birth to a demon. Oh oh right, okay, moving on, moving on, moving on, Uh, do check out Mortal Technique again, not for everybody, but a prominent activist, and I would say often endeavors to speak truth to power.
Speaker 3: And that is what sidgway.
Speaker 4: That is what supporters of the incoming administration feel that the current potus has done with his more controversial pardons.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: The Trump administration or Trump Administration version two I guess, New Trump or Trump Classic, whatever you want to call it, has officially pardoned a ton of people who were in trouble for attending the January sixth events. Not too long ago, and I remember when we we all learned the news like everybody else. So we got in our little nerd studio and we we were recording when we didn't know what was going to happen to Washington, DC.
Speaker 3: Do you guys remember that moment? Yeah? Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: I wish h folks, I wish you could see my guys eyes right now, because we all just got that seven.
Speaker 3: League stare and went yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: It was one of those moments that happens often to us where we say, Okay, this is crazy, but let's do our well podcast and hope we leave the booth to find the same country that was there when we walked in. These pardons that are official, it's almost sixteen hundred people, all of whom were charged with the with active criminal activity during the riot on January sixth, in twenty twenty one of those charged, about and seventy have been convicted in about eleven hundred had already been sentenced, and the current US president said, these are hostages patriots. Yeah, full part right, hostages and patriots.
Speaker 3: Do you guys, I mean already before this I was sort of thinking, and I think I have in the past, maybe even mentioned how pardons in general have this sense to me of like eroding the legal system, eroding trust in the law, and when they become incredibly political, like the one that you're talking about, Ben, it just pushes that even further. I mean, just looking at this list of George W. Bush part and so many of them, and again not without knowing the full backstory behind them, are things like heroin trafficking, you know, the mega mega felonies, bank crimes, you know, all of this kind of stuff. It just seems like, with the wave of a hand that almost imparts the kind of infinite godlike wisdom on a president that a king would have right compromising rule of law. That's right. It just doesn't seem right to me when it's just unilaterally able to be done, especially in a case like this that so directly had an impact on the image of this president and he's kind of tweaking the narrative in his favor in an interesting way.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with you. I think the perspective I've got on it right now is that we've talked about how imperfect our justice system is, right and how many times somebody gets caught up in it and is either wrongfully convicted or the system messes up. Right, So it's cool to have that kind of emergency lever that if you make a good enough case, or a set of attorneys makes a good enough case, a president can just say, all right, yeah, that was a screw up, let's fix that. But you're absolutely right that they can do that with their family members or somebody who did them a solid back in the seventies.
Speaker 4: Right. Yeah, And for anybody listening, well said anybody listening. Outside of the United States, most people don't get preemptive pardons. It would be kind of dope to have one. I'm just going to be super honest with all of us together tonight. There's much more to get to where we're running at time a little bit. I think the most important point I wanted to make here. The reason we're talking about this is not because we ourselves have any sort of political horse in the race. You know, like everybody else, we in this country, we live here, we want things to go. Well, we're fans of democracy, you know what I mean. So so for us, the the institutional power of a pardon or clemency is a very fascinating process. It's it's weird power to have, and at times it's definitely a necessary power to wield, But just like perhaps owning a gun or waving machete, the power itself has no moral compulsion. It's really up to the person who is wielding the weapon.
Speaker 3: Yep, that was mad. That's literally wielding in the checks out right now, cold trust cold trust it. But I mean, like, you know, I think whatever your political persuasion is, I would think that the actions of some of those Jan sixth rioters would be abhorrent to you. You know, if you do believe in the system that we have in this democracy. It just seems like that's just not really how these things are supposed to be done. You know, you're supposed to exercise your power with your vote and with the civic engagement, not with storming a government building and holding political appointees and elected officials hostage more or less in using a reign of terror. But then I guess people in supportive becauld say it's a revolution.
Speaker 4: So that's the tricky part, right, because this country was founded on a conspiracy, per exactly as it was. That is the native language I would argue of the American experiment, and that's what I want to point out here, and I love the set up there to continue what we're saying. We're talking about this because opponents on either side of any of these pardons or these moves for clemency, they see it as conspiracy. Now, several of the people in the involved in the January sixth events were convicted of seditious conspiracy, which is as hardcore as it sounds.
Speaker 3: It's like eight, it's.
Speaker 4: Not you know, forgetting to wear a seat belt, it's it's the bad stuff. And so this overthrow right right, this brings yes, edition, this brings us to a moment, and we're all here together in this moment, and we want to hear from you. We'd also love for God, I'd love for people to check out what's going on in the Republic of Korea or South Korea right now. You think January sixth was something here, check out the events in Korea quite recently, which we briefly alluded to. But yeah, give us your opinions, write to us, call us, we'll tell you how to get in touch. At the end, let us know if you ever got a preemptive pardon and what that lets you do, Like if you get a preemptive pardon. We should do an episode on diplomatic immunity and preemptive partons because I love the idea that if you were if you were a consular or diplomatic staff for the right country, you basically never pay for parking tickets in the United States. That's a weird specific superpower.
Speaker 3: And you get a cool what is it called, like a pouch, You get the diplomatic pouches.
Speaker 4: That's it until North Korea ruined it for everybody man.
Speaker 3: And this is literally it is like what a briefcase that is not allowed to be searched more or less?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because every all the people in power, in state power collectively said let's keep our secrets, and then North Korea used it to smuggle hard drugs.
Speaker 3: EO, bad on you, North Korea. That's really crazy considering how hard they are on drug use and drug trafficking. A friend of mine actually just got detained coming out of Korea because he had a weed vape on him and he was basically in Korean weed jail for three days and was only released right after the president was impeached. I don't know. I was going to ask you guys, do you think that's sort of a clearing the air kind of thing, where like things are tenuous, let's maybe let some of these potential political prisoners go because they can be used that way. You know what, We've seen it before them.
Speaker 4: I shout out to Dennis Rodman or tip of the cap to Dennis, tip of the machete. I'll keep it brief, and I want to talk too much about this on air, but for anybody who's been in a dicey situation, you are correct. No, there are often larger mechanics at play, and people can be used as leverage. The big takeaway, since we're a family show, is if you are going to a country that tells you not to take certain things there, don't don't just beat me here, Dylan, just believe them, cool man. Don't think you can roll for charisma on that one. So again, I know I've run a little long hair. Really appreciate this, and in folks, we are we are again, cannot emphasize this enough. We are here with you. We don't have any insider info on what happens next. We know that a lot of people are extremely sensitive to what's going on now. A lot of people feel that their existence is threatened. A lot of people feel that there is some great reckoning afoot right, and we're not here to pretend democracy is perfect. And I think that's one of the biggest takeaways. The number one is that we want to hear from you.
Speaker 3: And you know, and we care about all of you, all of our conspiracy realists, all of our wonderful listeners, and we're not here to force anything down your throat or tell you what to believe or tell you how to feel. We're just trying to navigate this world in this political climate with empathy and open mindedness and doing the best we can, just like everybody else.
Speaker 4: So as yeah well said so again, I just want to emphasize and end with this. Tell us what you believe the conspiracies may be. We are here with you. We are grateful for your time. We're going to pause for a word from our sponsors, and then we'll return and I'm just gonna go to Justice dot Gov real quick and check out if I got pardon too.
Speaker 3: And we have returned with another piece of strange. This one's been brewing for a hot minute, and I'm really excited to talk about this with both of you. But Matt maybe you specifically because of your I would argue slightly above average gamer status. You know, Ben, I think you're up there too. Certainly, I would consider myself a fair weather gamer a best I enjoy playing video games. I am not particularly great at any of them. I do sometimes get flum mixed with games like elden Ring. I never finished that because it just got a little too hard for me and I just didn't have time to get good. Maybe I'll pick it back up again. But here's the thing. I own my fair weather gamer status. I would never deign to attempt to compete in any kind of elite circles or you know, leaderboards or anything like that. And that's something and it's very important to a lot of people in the gaming community, obviously with Twitch streaming, and it's incredibly competitive and stats are so trackable, and you know, there are people that really want to be on top. But to be on top in any of these like elite games like Diablo for for example, or things like elden Ring, a game called Path of Exile two, it takes a lot of effort, of grinding, of sleepless nights of energy drinks to even crack the top one hundred in games like this, and someone who has made no secrets about what they describe as there. You know, in so many words, elite gamer status is Elon Musk, and he has long been a fan of video games, as far back as I believe Quake, some of the early ID software games he was one of these, even described in gamer communities as being an OG player, and some of those early kind of online and shooter games that sort of laid the groundwork for some of these way way more elaborately trackable and competitive kind of massive online games. In the controversy around Elon Musk is not limited to gaming, of course, But I just think this is a fun little microcosm of some of the larger controversy surrounding him, which maybe is something surrounding his credibility. Is this a person that is honest? Is this a person that is telling the truth about their ideas, their provenance of their ideas. You know, we know he's got a history of kind of taking credit for other people's ideas as far back as PayPal, and also with Tesla, he fought really really hard to be considered I believe, a co creator of Tesla. But the reality seems to be that he co opted that brand by purchasing it and then tried to kind of pass off some of those ideas as his own. Well, it seems like the blinders are off, or the veil has been lifted on Elon's elite gaming status. This is where I hope you can you guys can maybe help me make sense of some of this stuff. As recently as a December of twenty twenty four, I don't remember the exact I think there was a video that was published a stream of him playing this game Path of Exile too on the seventeenth of December. Some kind of eagle eyed viewers of this stream noticed there were a few things that were a little suspicious about Elon's gaming activity, especially for someone that I believe was level ninety six, which I think is pretty pretty insanely high. That's great time for sure. Well, yeah, it's my understanding that once you get past a certain point of leveling up in that game, as is the case in games like elden Ring, you have to collect so much more XP to get to the next level. Each level beyond that becomes exponentially harder to crack.
Speaker 2: So in a lot of hard a lot of games that have a long end game, like a long path to an endgame, will institute other things where your level gets capped. But then there's all kinds of other perks that get unlocked each time your quote level and stuff, and it becomes extremely, as you said, time consuming to do that stuff. And I think that's maybe the most important thing to this story, the time it takes, yeah to get specific gear or to you know, level up enough times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like long division or good editing. There's not really a shortcut to it, you know what I mean. And that's that's the question, because I love that we're bringing this up. I remember distinctly looking at this and thinking, even as guys never played Path of EXL two or whatever, I remember thinking.
Speaker 3: How does he find the time?
Speaker 4: And I wasn't trying to be a jerk with that question. I was just I was thinking of, you know, the twenty four hours that people have in a day, right, and the amount required for you know, sleep or like pooping or eating or you know the basics.
Speaker 3: So I mean, and like our podcast world, you know, we end up tied up with more meetings than we would like just in the course of a day. Well, you know, I love this, it results of me very but we don't run three of the world's top technology companies that with with shareholders, and I can't imagine the amount of stuff that someone like Elon Musk gets pulled into and to do, uh, the amount of gameplay that would be required to crack this level. I believe he claims he has the number and fifty nine hardcore character is named Kekius Maximus, and he also has several other hardcore characters who have died. This is a game mode, by the way, that is permanent death. Matt, can you explain that a little bit?
Speaker 2: Maybe permanent death you're talking about hardcore characters, like.
Speaker 3: That's right, yeah, yeah, yeah exactly. So that means the character is toast period. What you've built, what you put into it, it's all gone if you die.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it's It's the big old gamble for somebody who really likes to gamble with their life, like literally their.
Speaker 4: Life, and some game games would not allow you to opt out of it. I don't know if you guys ever played the Captain Planet game geez it was famously it was set to perma death. Like a man harder than Echo, the dolphin harder and yeah, yeah, I gut the dolphin was pretty, but boy, that was a slog.
Speaker 3: Some of the things that some of these eagle eyed viewers of the of the stream noticed were things like this, he didn't seem to know this is all collected, by the way, and a great post on Reddit documenting the saga of Elon Musk's account.
Speaker 4: Or Adrian Dittman. That's another guy we should mention.
Speaker 3: Isn't that his alter ego? Yeah, I'm walking down the street today where he's like kind of defends himself from this this ghost account.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of like when certain politicians would call radio shows and pretend to be someone different and talk about how great they are.
Speaker 3: Well, we had an instance of Adrian Dittman defending something that Elon posted on x and he kind of was so frustrated. I think that he forgot to change his voice. That happened recently. That's not in the gaming realm, but definitely No, No, it's about the credibility, Ben, It's your one hundred percent correct. It is about the credibility. And we're going to get further into this. So one thing that was noticed was he doesn't seem to know how to use a mana flask when out of Mana. Then he struggled with it for like over ten seconds, just like clicking around or whatever. He doesn't seem to understand that you can only run connected at liss nodes. These are maps in the game. I believe in a Path of Exile one they were called maps, but in the second one they're actually called waste stones or something like that, and they have to I don't know exactly how the game mechanic works, but they have to be connected in order to access them. And so the characters that he's playing and demonstrating are at levels that would imply that he had run hundreds, if not thousands of these atless nodes. So clicking around kind of dumbfoundedly as he did in the stream is a bit of a red flag. You guys might understand why this is a red flag. He picks up items by dragging them into his inventory manually. I imagine there's a shortcut that more seasoned gamers would use, especially for playing on a PC of hot key or you know, a shift click or something like that. But apparently he's just clicking and dragging them into his inventory. He seemingly struggles to understand why he cannot pick up an item win his inventory is full. I mean, I'm absolute fair weather gamer. I know stuff like that. I was just telling you guys, like a game like Balder's Gate seems a little above my pay grade, and these top down kind of games like this, more D and D based, I find a little bit confounding, But I understand that mechanic. He had this comment where he there were like, I guess four you know, on certain items. I guess there are I guess buffs that you can install. You've got like slots for them, maybe on a sword, like for certain stones, maybe they give it special powers. Apparently on certain maps it's got these slots for ways of buffing it in some way. But he referred to them as the four things map things, as opposed to like what they actually are, which is something like what I would do. He's always making comments about how his gear isn't good because it's low level. But what he doesn't seem to realize that most of the hardcore players of this game know is that a low level item or a low required level item can be better than a legendary piece of gear. Oftentimes you just have to know and you have to use it in practice. When he's making these comments about, oh, it's only level sixty five, et cetera, he seems to not understand the difference between item level and required level. I'll just give you one more and then we can kind of move on to the twist in the story. The account he is on puts their maps in a tab called Elon's Maps, So there's an implication here that this is a shared account, which is what is in question here, isau there's a thing called account boosting, or basically you pay someone to run your account for you, because the level of his character, the type of elite gear that he has, would require thousands and thousands of hours of play, and to your point, Ben, where does he find the time. Recently, an article came out where, due to a leaked I guess or published screenshot of some DMS between zach Asman gold Hoyt and Elon Musk, he has essentially admitted to doing just that, to paying to have his account boosted. This revelation came, by the way, this is a great article from Kotaku by Ethan Gatch. I'm just going to quote from him here for a second. That revelation came in DMS, he seemingly exchanged with YouTuber my mistake, it was Nico Rex, which is another gaming YouTuber, and which were subsequently shared in a video published on January eighteenth titled addressing All the Elon mus Drama in Poe two with Elon Musk. Apparently he was given permission to publish these screenshots. During the conversations, the Tesla CEO admitted to using account boosting to compete in Path of Exile two and Diablo four's endgame, but said there was nothing to apologize for because everyone is doing it. The question and answer session kind of went like this, Yeah, have you level boosted, had someone else's play your accounts and or purchased gear resources for POE two and Diablo four. Nico Rex asked to wish Musk responded with a one hundred percent emoji before adding that it is impossible to beat the players in Asia if you don't as they do. So when kind of pressed a little bit further as to his honesty around this, he kind of rebuffed this by saying that he never intended or you know, claimed that his top accounts were only played by him. But you know, in conversations that he's had on podcasts like Joe Rogan and other places, he's consistently bragged about this elite gaming status and being a literal world class gamer according to him. So it's a little hard to take that at face value because he really does seem like he's intended and wanted to be seen as part part of this community and as an elite player in this community. So it's myth building right like that.
Speaker 4: That's the big question, you know, part of the part of the continuing struggle that a lot of very powerful people have, and he is the world's currently documented most wealthy dude. The struggle that a lot of powerful people have is do I accumulate and exercise my powers behind the scene? Do I use my influence to become a public figure? And what we're seeing from critics of Musk pretty often is the idea that he has aired on the side of being a public figure more so than being you know, like, for instance, I'll be honest, a lot of the most powerful entities I have met don't have social media. Why would you you know what I mean, why would you open that door? So there is that, I guess egoistic, maybe ego driven struggle within oneself. And the thing is, I love that you're pointing out the conversations on the podcasting because it reminds me of the old Uh, what's the old narcissist edict? It's what is the narcissist prayer? That didn't happen? And if it did, it wasn't that bad. AKA, everyone does it, And if it was, then it's not a big deal. And if it is, it's not my fault. And if it was, I didn't mean it, and if I did, you deserved it. So really similar to the stages of grief where we're seeing this play out in real time, and gosh, I hope. I mean, of all things, you guys, video games are supposed to be fun.
Speaker 3: And I think that's the point too, is of all things to be dishonest about video games seems like such a low stakes thing to risk your reputation on and your credibility one lying about. And I guess the question that becomes, if you're that insecure that you're gonna lie about that, what else are you lying about? Right? The implication? Yeah, And I just want to just you know, not to throw him entirely under the bus here. I'm just kind of reporting what's being said. But his ex wife or ex partner, Grimes, the very interesting musician artist, did kind of vouch for him on x saying, just for my personal pride, I would like to state that the father of my children was the first American druid in Diablo to clear Abatoar of ze and ended that season as best in the USA. He was also ranking in Polytopia and beat Felix himself at the game. Don't know who that guy is. I did observe these things with my own eyes. There are other witnesses who can verify this. That is all so. I mean, the guy's clearly no sloutshit gaming, but it does seem like to get to the levels that he's purporting to have done on his own, it would seem, you know, requires a little outside help and investment, And now he's more or less acknowledged that he's done that. I don't know, take that for what it's worth, y'all, unless you think we are not going to mention the interesting hand signal that's being much debated that he did at the inauguration where he had that Yeah, yeah, well, I'm just teasing the discussion because now it's not the time to fully get into that. Let's call it a salute. We're going to talk about that in this week's Listener Mail episode. And just to wrap this up real quick, guys, I don't want to do another story because I don't have enough time, I don't think, but I did find a story about some potential arsonists that were detained, that were arrested for trying to infiltrate the evacuation zones in the Pacific Palisades area of California of Los Angeles where these horrific fires took place. They actually had a fake fire truck and we're dressed in fire gear and we're apparently it's unclear there were others that were trying to do this in order to loot houses because these evacuation zones are off limits for anyone except fire personnel. And these folks were caught doing this and have been arrested, and that is not indicated that they were intending to do arson. But one of the people that was detained, a man by the name of Dustin Nell, had previously been convicted for crimes in Oregon involving arson at golf courses. I was described as a setting off an explosion and damaging water infrastructure as well as you know some of the activities at this golf course. I wanted to bring this up also because I this is a pretty wild sounding story. We've been hearing a lot of wild sounding stories that are coming out of these fires. And we talked a lot when we discussed this last about how hard it is to parse out the real stories from the fake stories, the real images from the AI generated images. It's getting harder and harder, and I absolutely fell victim to this very thing, and a very helpful listener wrote in to set me straight. I'm just going to read that real quick from a listener named David. Hi, guys, I just started listening to your January twentieth episode and I had to stop it at the twenty five minute mark because it was said that firefighters were using women's purses to carry water. This is absolutely false and part of the propaganda campaign against California and the firefighters there. The bags you see are collapsible buckets that are designed to carry water that's their specific use, and are absolutely not women's purses. Check on things like this before you blindly report things you see online, you can use this on air, David, and I wrote back to David telling me these absolutely corrects and that we hear on the show are not perfect and are just as susceptible to some of this kind of stuff as everyone else. And I very much apologize for reporting something like that that was not true. It is a video of these firefighters using what do appear to be kind of large handled handbag type things in the commentary, and what I saw was reporting it as such that they were women's handbags, and it was meant to be a ding against the preparedness of the Los Angeles County Fire Department, and that absolutely was not the case here. So I just want to openly apologize for getting that wrong and openly say that I will do better and strive to parse out some of this stuff, but also acknowledge how tricky it can be. Yeah, yeah, well said.
Speaker 4: We appreciate you there, Dave, because one of the things one of the big takeaways from our conversation there previously was was about exercising critical thought, you know, and and we've talked about before. It's it's devilishly difficult to suss out, you know, agenda's origin point ulterior motivations with some things like we oh, gosh, noll what else. We also mentioned, you know, the way people might be fleeing from a home burning down, carrying just what they Yeah, so this is again where you're with you. This is a collective I sometimes refer to human existence as the world's longest non consensual game of improv Uh. So we're we're covering this. And one thing I really appreciated you pointing out there in our previous exploration on a Strange News program was, you know, we are like the rest of the world exercise and empathy.
Speaker 3: We're very concerned.
Speaker 4: We have friends, we have family, we have loved ones, just like everybody else out there in California fighting the fires.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, well said Ben, And yeah, I know this ran long. I think we've got a lot on our minds today, and we've had a little bit of a break, so getting back together after a little bit of downtime, We've got a lot to say, and there's a lot going on in the world. So we are going to take a little break here and then come back with our last segment of Strange News for today's episode.
Speaker 2: And we've returned guys, I'm gonna start with a little quotation. It is long, but bear with me because I think it is worth bearing. Gentlemen, you remember a guy named Bernie Sanders AAA, the Senator from Vermont.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, a king of Mitten's sick mien game I was about iconic. Remember the memes with that one with his cross leg at pose and his cherry brought from home.
Speaker 4: I mean he did some other stuff, sure, but this is not a quotation from Bernie about Mittens, is it.
Speaker 3: No, it is not.
Speaker 2: So I'm bringing you this quote because I had a moment sitting in my parents' basement while we were having some family time on MLK Day, and I happened to put on the inauguration of President Donald Trump, and I was struck by an image of a row, a singular row of human beings that were sitting behind the president and where the immediately behind where everything was taking place. And I saw that image, I thought back to some stuff that i'd heard from the Senator from Vermont, and it just it kind of crystallized in a moment, and it has to do with everything we've been talking about on this episode so far. So I'm going to read this here we go. This is Senator Sanders talking at the Brookings Institution, a think tank you should definitely look into. This is what he had to say in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 2: We are moving rapidly away from our democratic heritage into an oligarchic form of society, where today we are experiencing a government of the billionaires, by the billionaires, and for the billionaires. Billionaire families are now able to spend hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars to purchase the candidates of their choice. The billionaire class now owns the economy, and they're working day and night to make certain that they own the United States government. I know people are not comfortable when I say this. This is still the quote, but I want you to take a hard look at what's going on, take a deep breath, and you tell me whether or not we're looking at a democracy or whether we're looking at an oligarchy. When you have multiple single families that's modified a little bit, that have more political power than the Democratic Party than the Republican Party, families that can spend unlimited sums of money not only on campaigns but on think tanks like the one that he's speaking to and the media. I worry very very much about the future of democracy in this country.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The reason why that quote was so prescient is because if you looked at that row of human beings standing behind a president who is being inaugurated, you saw nine hundred billion dollars worth of money represented in four families. Yeah, nine hundred billion dollars essentially in four individuals. But in the families, you know the family structures of those individuals, and that is not something that is uncommon for all presidents. In every inauguration, there are the power players, right, That's how you get a seat there at the inauguration. You spent either a lot of money or you got a lot of power or both.
Speaker 3: Well, and in past, the previous Trump administration, a lot of these folks were distancing themselves, and it seems like that narrative has shifted wildly. Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again, no matter how you feel about President Trump, no matter how you feel about any of the political stuff surrounding it, the understanding that those folks, the money, the real real money, is just sitting there kind of basking in the glory of the power that you know, a presidential administration represents and kissing.
Speaker 4: The ring, which is a or presenting their rings to be kissed.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's part of it, because it's interesting. I'd love that we're bringing this up, Matt. One of the great tech giants from the US who did not show up was Bill Gates. And and I'm bringing that into our conversation here at the end of strange news to to just ask, uh, how how much higher would that accreational total value have been if old Bill rolled through?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? What about Warren Buffett? He's not He's not throwing his hat in the ring? Has he? Warren is?
Speaker 4: He made some very Paul warrant, He's made some very interesting financial moves lately. From what I understand, he's sitting on a lot of cash, a lot of liquidity. This is unrelated to our conversation other than the fact that people who read the buffet tea leaves are pretty sure he's waiting to see what falls and.
Speaker 2: How Yeah, well, I mean, and if he was there, it would have increased that nine hundred billion dollar number by one hundred and forty six billion dollars roughly. And again with Bill Gates, I don't even know where his who knows? Just add another one hundred billion.
Speaker 4: Let's say just what between friends, you know what I mean, just for the table, but you.
Speaker 2: Would get over a trillion dollars worth of power. Because money, as we've talked about before, is a superpower and you can use it, you can exercise it in all kinds of different ways. The reason why I'm bringing all this up because of this discussion today is because there was a little thing that was posted on PBS via AP News, written by James Keaton. It was posted on January twenty first, twenty twenty five, and the title is Billionaires Wealth soared in twenty twenty four at least five trillionaires, with a t expected in next decade. Anti Poverty Group says, okay, so one of the major one of the major things here. We just talked about one point seven million dollars as being a massive sum of money in nineteen twenty, nineteen ninety, nineteen nineteen, and just how much money that was and how much power that gave you one point seven million. And then you know, over the course of our lives, we've seen that number and it's joked about in the Austin Powers films, right, one billion dollars. How a billion then became the crazy number that people would not get to. That's insane, That's that's volcano layer money.
Speaker 3: I mean, the idea of a millionaire is quaint, you know the day and it's going to starter home in some cities is a million dollars you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looking at you, Austin. But the crazy thing now is thinking that within ten years there could potentially be trillionaires, like real true trillionaires, at least according to Oxfam International. All of these you know organizations, the Brooking Is Institute, Oxfam International. There are things that are worth your time to look into, just so you have an understanding of the institution, who formed it, why they formed it.
Speaker 4: Ooh, and check out our earlier episodes on Think Takes.
Speaker 2: Yes, episodes on Thing Takes so many episodes to go back to to really ponder some of this stuff. But just to me, if you read through that article that I just mentioned that you can find on PBS right now, it is astounding to imagine the Davos.
Speaker 3: Didn't we talk about Davos in Think Tanks, Yes?
Speaker 4: Or was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It happens in Switzerland where the most powerful influential, rich human beings get together and just have ideas together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, uh, it's it's like the first class version of Ted Talks. Yes, or actually it's the it's the private plane of Ted Talks and oh gosh, yeah, we have an episode on that.
Speaker 3: It's in Bohemian Grove type vibe. I mean, it really is where the big big players go to have kind of closed door yeah, you negotiations statues.
Speaker 4: But I would say Bohemian Grove is kind of JV to the Yeah, Davos is to our earlier point. I love how you're sewing this together, Matt. Davos is where you're going to see those folks who have made the decision not to be a public figure but rather to acquire further power behind the scenes. And they're saying what they think they're going to make the world a better place, but for whom?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well and who knows.
Speaker 2: But I don't have I have enough wisdom to sit here and say, well, maybe you know, these billionaire guys are all bad, but I do know that it is concentrated power and to watch, you know, and they are guys, these four guys, to watch them stand there as the you know, proceedings were occurring, all the presidential stuff, and just to kind of examine their eyes a little bit.
Speaker 3: It does it did give me pause.
Speaker 2: It made me wonder what was brewing because it is actual actionable power that then they are potentially wielding.
Speaker 4: And what is their you know, what is their connection is? It is a very you know, high stakes drama like you would see on prestige television like Game of Thrones or something like that. I love that you're playing this out. And I hate to say it, guys, this is not Devil's Advocate. I'm not doing a Pacino move here, but I will point out that no matter who you are, it gets super awkward when you have to stand there and watch a thing for a long time and there's a camera on you. Oh yeah, you know that's I'm aware of that. But I do have to I do have to back you up there, Matt on the on the the haunting question. Right, for any of these things, in the absence of transparency, speculation only thrives. What do these guys talk about?
Speaker 3: Right? What's their interaction? Like?
Speaker 4: What brings them to the same physical location which is a huge security risk as well. Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you just have to hope that it those discussions aren't based on further accumulation of wealth for themselves and there is some kind of bigger picture we can make this world a better place and it's not self serving. You just you hope in your heart. Oh man, it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not feeling a lot of that recently in the world.
Speaker 3: It's uncaps There's just no way. When you get past a certain point of wealth, you're basically above the law and you can do and say just about anything you want. I mean, we've just seen it. At a certain level of wealth, it's really hard to go after these folks as individuals or as you know, their corporations, which also have all this massive political contribution power now because of Citizens United.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's also I got to shout it out. The monopoly experiment, you guys. The monopoly experiment is a microcosmic examination of why we are so concerned. Check out our what was that episode? Does be wealthy make you a bad person? We talk at length about. Oh gosh, it's it's fascinating. Go to your platform, your browser of choice and check out the Monopoly Experiment Wealthy, and you will have a harrowing, look at why we are so concerned.
Speaker 3: But yeah, up with you man? Maybe optimism.
Speaker 4: You know what, if they get together and they just talk about like how the Atlanta Felt Falcns never win, or cooking tips for crock pots.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't think they do.
Speaker 2: I'm I just want.
Speaker 3: To stress this.
Speaker 2: Sitting here as I speak into this microphone, I do not see those individuals as bad people or good people. I see those guys as people with tremendous potential, and it's like they get to decide what they do with that power they have. And I you know, I know they'll never hear this, but dang, I don't know. As a whole of humanity, if we could somehow just send our psychic energy to the billionaires, it'd be like, let's do let's do some cool stuff that's not about profit anymore.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 4: Money is a religion. It's the dominant religion in this age. I'm not going to stop saying that, and I love it. Like you, if you could do anything, then why do you like? How do you choose what you want to do? It's the bubble of normalcy right because these people have roughly the same factory equipment as any other human being. Right, so maybe they suffer from the controversy of Dunbar's number. Imperfect science, but pretty interesting. Yeah, I'm just thinking, like, you know, what if you what we see these stats all the time, dude. People will say, look, you make x billion dollars, right, even if you don't do anything, just your interest therefore will be millions of dollars.
Speaker 3: What if you just took that.
Speaker 4: Adjusting for inflation, meaning that you will never lose money. What if you just put that extra stuff into things like sanitation, literacy, infrastructure, all the boring beat me here, Dylan, all the boring that makes civilization possible.
Speaker 3: Why yeah, why are you doing that.
Speaker 2: That doesn't prop up a single philosophy, a single culture, a single country, a single anything, stuff that helps human beings proliferate in a really healthy and beautiful way.
Speaker 3: Could I read a quick quote? I think I maybe have mentioned this before. It might have been about something else. But there's this clip making the rounds of the musician Frank Zappa from an interview that he did. I think it was on Crossfire in the eighties. In the late eighties, when he was against President Ronald Reagan's policy he actually testified about censorship at the Parents' Music Resource Center Senate Hearings ninet eighty five. But he just had this to say on this segment. The biggest threat to America today is not communism. It's moving America toward a fascist theocracy. And everything that's happened during the Reagan administration is steering us right down that pipe. When you have a government that prefers a certain moral code derived from a certain religion, that moral code turns into legislation to suit one certain religious point of view, and if that code happens to be very very very far right wing, almost Attila the hun type stuff can happen. And I just think, you know, in this case, religion or theocracy could also just be like money that is a religiou and that is the primary mover and the primary motivator for these billionaires that are now in power, and it just kind of throws a lot of other moral decisions and ideas about what's right and wrong for regular people kind of out the window.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and you can take any dogmatic belief and stretch it all the way out to the edge, and it can become terrifying for everybody. Right, it doesn't matter if it's right, left, center, or anything. It can become terrifying for everybody else that doesn't view the world in that way.
Speaker 4: Self justification is a hell of a drug, and people do it in your own environment.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 4: Right, Everybody sees themselves as the main character, the good guy. Therefore, anybody who is not immediately like worshiping it that ideology becomes treated like an enemy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, unfortunately. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and somebody who's so entrenched in that kind of thing can see everybody as an enemy, and then that's how you get to the demagogue stuff. So it's just it's horrifying in a lot of ways. But I want to point out one last thing I noticed at the inauguration that I think is a cool little lesson for everybody. When I tuned in, it happened to be right at the tail end of when President Trump was speaking, and they introduced Carrie Underwood, who was a singer, a country singer is coming out to sing a song, and she was going to sing America the Beautiful And she was flanked by a military officer who was going to be a part of the I guess a choir that was singing America the Beautiful with her, and there's a backing track that is supposed to begin playing, but the tech side couldn't could not get the backing track to play. Carrie just stood there a bit awkwardly with the microphone, waiting, you know, for the track to play so that she could begin singing, and just kept waiting and nothing happened. Then all of a sudden, a tiny snippet of the song, you know, a minute into the song began playing over the loudspeakers and then shut off and then start playing again and then stopped. And everybody's looking around awkwardly, just like what do we do in this moment? And they're all just human beings standing quietly in that rotunda together in silence. As the murmurations start to, you know, the tiny talking begins. Everyone's talking around, and finally a producer walks up to carry and just says, hey, there's something akin to the track's not working. And you can't hear that, but you see the person who's got you know, a headset. You walk up to her or the clipboard and be like, I don't know, and she goes all right, y'all you know the words, and she just begins singing a cappella and it is a beautiful song about a country that we're all a part of and at least the you know on this recording. And it was actually a really nice moment because the humanity of everybody in that room was there because everybody was singing, everybody was singing together, and nobody was different from one another in that moment. And I know this is weird, and I'm sorry. It's all like America, Yah yah.
Speaker 3: I think I do think we all want the best for this country and want to be united, and I don't think any of us on this podcast are looking for division. That is the last thing that we want.
Speaker 2: But at the heart of it, it's it's humanity. That's what I saw, right, So it's it wasn't actually it was about a country. It was a song about a country. It was celebrating of the president of you know, the country with the most powerful navy or whatever. But at the heart of it, it was human beings together celebrating humanity, and it was kind of beautiful. And no matter how you feel about any of that stuff, I would just say, there's something to that that we can all we can all learn.
Speaker 4: From and we can all aspire to uh to participate within you know very well, said Map beautifully put. This is again the secret is that there are a lot of people who have a lot of plants, but if you get down to it, nobody's really in charge. That's the that's the craziest part. People are working hopefully working together, and we in that spirit hope that you will work with us, you will join us and gosh, dare I say it, Matt sing along with us in these moments. There are several ways to do so, please reach out and contact us, reach out and touch faith again. As we said at the top, we are here with you in this long, non consensual improv game called life. You can find us on email. Just wrote a couple of had a great correspondence earlier today. You can call us on the telephone. We're excited to hear from you. You can also reach us on the internets, so long as the Internet doesn't go full dead Internet.
Speaker 3: Theory, that's right. You can find us at the handle conspiracy stuff or we exist on the usual social media platforms of note, including YouTube, where we have video content galor for your perusing enjoyment x FKA, Twitter, and Facebook, where we have our Facebook group. Here's where it gets crazy. On Instagram and for the meantime TikTok. You can find us handleg at Spirac Stuff Show. We're also human people, the three of us, and you can find us that way too. I'm on Instagram at how Now, Noel Brown, mister Ben Bullen.
Speaker 4: No comment reassuming humanity. You can find me at Ben Bullen on Instagram. You can, of course if you have the right scrine, mirror or a pall and teer. Always just knock thrice if you know the code, I'll drop by.
Speaker 3: Matt.
Speaker 4: I want to shout you out for a video that was posted recently on social media pertaining to some of our future activities in Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, why not check out on AirFest. It's happening this February in Brooklyn, New York. Specifically, we are doing a live show at National Sawdust on February nineteenth, So if you want to come hang with us in Brooklyn, why not do that? Yeah, just check it out. Make your way over there to National Sawdust. It's an awesome venue and we're going to do some stuff about conspiracies of sound. Indeed, Hey, if you want to call us Our number is one eight three three std WYTK. When you call in, you've got three minutes. Say whatever you'd like. Please give yourself a cool nickname and let us know if we can use your name and message within that message. If you got more to say than can fit in a three minute voicemail, why not instead send us a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 3: We are ooh ooh before we get to the email.
Speaker 4: We are the people who are excited to tell you about some of the stories we didn't get to, including China's artificial son. Shout out to the experimental advanced superconducting Tokomac, which just broke a milestone infusion energy research. Oh my gosh, if you know anything about nuclear energy, please write to us. Please give us the skinny on whether this is good news, terrible news, or amazing news. We spent a lot of time on pardons and commutations today. We can't wait to hear your opinion on that. Write to us, give us the links, give us the photographs you know, send us pictures of your favorite shadow monsters or your favorite pets. We can't wait to read it and be well aware. Sometimes the void writes back, how can you prove that to yourself.
Speaker 3: There's only one way.
Speaker 4: Join us out here in the dark conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Stuff they Don't want you to know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.