Speaker 1: So if you can put it over your ear, that would be helpful.
Speaker 2: And we'll just turn it down.
Speaker 1: List you need to air that ear out. You know, you might have to have that ear. I get it.
Speaker 2: You got baby, you know you gotta be on fucking alert.
Speaker 3: That is something, man. Yeah, it just makes me feel more situationally away.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I have ones that go in my ears, so I'm fully shut off to the world.
Speaker 1: The world. Yeah, somebody could sneak up on you. Yeah, totally, and I'd see them in the frame.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what is this?
Speaker 1: Like? Good, ah, they're stabbing me. Look what's on the TV?
Speaker 3: Stephan action like final destination character no peripheral Yeah, exactly right. I can't watch the baby, I'm getting hit by a bus.
Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three ninety two, Episode three of Turnilly's I Got Production My Heart Radio and the writing on this season fucked up All new writers ro gotten Dark on season three ninety two. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into america shared consciousness. And it is Wednesday, June eleventh, twenty twenty five. And first of all, we we owe an apology to oh yeah, yep, yeah, we fuck, we missed sixty nine day, and yeah, that's on us. That's fucked up.
Speaker 2: We officially replaced four twenty with six nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were trying to get four twenty replaced by sixty nine day or at least like added to the mix, and we fucked it up. You know, we didn't practice what we preached in sixty nine. We didn't sixty nine each other live on like disappointment for our sixty nine episode. For that we apologize.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, just to restate that real quick. You didn't do that on Mike on my movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, we did it standing up in a darkened alley.
Speaker 1: Standing six got a standing lunch date, and I mean we're going just standing sixty nigh one another.
Speaker 3: Every Tuesday at one pm.
Speaker 1: Every Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Here we are, look at us.
Speaker 1: Oh anyway.
Speaker 2: June eleventh National German Chocolate Cake Day and National Corn on the Cob Day.
Speaker 3: Great boom, okay, another cock related holiday.
Speaker 1: Corn on the cop I do love to talk about it when you look at what it started out. When it was first a plant, it was two little corns on like a little thing. And then they used the magic's the magic of science, and you know agriculture to design it into a giant cock with corn all over it, just the biggest cock shaped, the genetically caled the corn cop to be just a big Yeah.
Speaker 3: Why can't they hybridize us? Two potatoes grow at the bottom. And you got to like a thanks pa.
Speaker 1: Well that's and now you're thinking, and now this is this is what this is our cut that out just mon Santo catching window, this idea, this is gonna make a million all right. My name is Jack O'Brien aka, And so I read your little script with Bo Buffett, whoa pucino on the set? Do one Han Solo ship like shooting Brito's net pucino on the set?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: That one? Courtesy of Halcion Salad on the Discord, in reference to the revelation that al Pacino was one of the actors considered very seriously to play Hans Solo. But he was he was doing it before. He was like a cartoon character whose voice sounded like that. But yep, I still liked Han Solo. Did you imagine it a little bit?
Speaker 2: She did the tony Montana accent because like he was waiting to do it, and just Star Wars, He's like this is fine.
Speaker 1: We got it first. Yeah, They're like it's weird. No one's gonna know.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even sell you a Cuban guy anyway, Like just be like say hello to my little friend Griddle.
Speaker 1: Would have been fun. It would have been fun. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles.
Speaker 4: Yay, Ice Ice, it's not the gest of ble see you have a bad memory. Just believe to call your own. This shit is the twilight Zone.
Speaker 2: Yes, anyway, that's the Island in the sun Weezer thing, because I've had a lot of Wheezy Weezer on the brain and shout out to Snarfield.
Speaker 1: Wait, that was a remake of the Weezer one, or a we Make we Make of the Weezy Weezy Weezy, A Weasy we Make, A Weasy we Make.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sung to me by four year olds and a taker.
Speaker 1: Weazy we Make we Make Miles. We're thrilled to be joined in our third seat Yeah by my very FoST by vetwe Flust, co host, brilliant filmmaker, writer, actor, comedian, podcaster who co founded Small Beans, which The AV Club called one of the best podcast networks. Ahead of video at Cracked for many years, started and helped create many of the best videos and podcasts there. Uh, and he's back at crack making really funny videos again. Please welcome back to the show. It's Michael Swam.
Speaker 3: Aka Home Home, Own the Swim, interrupting most things you say. I'm sorry, guys, I'm just delighted to be here with hosts O'Brian and Gray.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: Beautiful O'Brian, I like it, O Brian, O'Brien, O'Brien, do you have any special love or affinity for Colummeni's turn as chief O'Brien on both Star Trek The Next Generation and DS nine.
Speaker 3: Have you been asked many times before?
Speaker 1: I have you first time? First time? For everything?
Speaker 3: I would ask you that, do you though? Do you trek?
Speaker 1: I don't really track?
Speaker 3: I mean I gotta get out of here.
Speaker 1: Help? Was al Pacino in Star Trek then? No, I'm not interesting?
Speaker 3: No, but Farmer Hagett, James Cromwell, Rollo Viceenzi from La Confidence or whatever his speriments. Yeah, he plays a mole man Ali and Jack. You'd love it.
Speaker 1: That's fun. I do. I love Starter Trek in theory, and then I just never get around to like going deep on it because you know, it was it was like it used as my uh, you know, as a philosophy major, and my advisor was like taught through Star Trek and will be like would always be dropping references to Star Trek episodes, and I think I just came to associate it with like school, maybe I was starting homework.
Speaker 3: It's it's like just entertaining enough to teach with in the sense that I think your reaction is correct, meaning I'm more into as many lifelong Trekies are. It's offers and the potential it has and a few things it does differently than every other scide By show, But it's like a mid show overall compared to you know, the great great shows we've ever seen, like Deadwood or what have you, rex, Star Trek the Next Generation. But I still love it.
Speaker 2: Right right right, I'm just saying, just were you saying Deep Space nine. It jogged my memory of that one time we showed a person a picture of seven of nine and that they didn't know who That was, very very random, very random memory ran yeah, random wearing Swain was wearing a Star Trek fit of this dude came up to him, goes star Wars.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, he was doing that to fuck with.
Speaker 3: You, right, No, no, or he was like a Kyle Mooney level man on the street. Because it's sold completely.
Speaker 4: I was like.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, no, we got confirmation later. And I won't name many names in the circle, but multiple people triangulated, Oh that guy he came up and did this to me or in front of me or said that to me, and everyone was like, that's not fakeable. What happened here is that's a weird guy and he handled through the party and we all had a weird guy.
Speaker 1: That sounds great. So what's been up, Michael? Other than other than going to fun parties and being approached by weirdos? Anything new?
Speaker 3: I forget? Is it is this my plug opportunity? Or is it like a used to be model but you could riff on what's monologue? Hell? Yeah, okay, it was a weird job you had one. I was Mike rose assistant. Every dirty job thing he did, I did it and would do bullet points tell him what it was like. You know, did that joke not hit micro Dirty Jobs TV? Where you did different? It's a job universe where I did those jobs. He just anyway, he's a fraud. I mean, so clearly all I do is sit in right data jokes. But please don't let me forget to plug because I have projects that I really need to and want to plug. And that's that's happening. True. But if people are interested in the story of sometimes guest Michael Swam on the Daily Syitegeist and mostly chicking with me here, probably baby is a big thing. Baby Yeah, four months, three weeks old Sonny Glenn Swam. And then if the producer right, it makes an image to do it was between that and Forrest Glenn, and I think Sonny is better. Also for reasons we'll get into when we talk about underrated overrated. But last but not least, shout out to and producer, please Hugh that live song about the placenta. My godfather who was really like a father figure to me and like my most admired person in the world sadly passed away. Sonny Glenn is named Glenn after Glenn, my godfather, and the timing was such that, like we could have a reincarnation situation on our hands, so we're keeping an eye out for that. Yeah, yeah, he'll be that good.
Speaker 2: My kid's middle name, and like my cousin that passed away.
Speaker 3: Oh and it was like right around, like within each other, just that I was like, this was minutes apart. This was four days apart, right, But life comes at you fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and we's just saying it's it's like a minute the same second.
Speaker 3: Well, what I we got both ends covered because as the baby was being pushed into existence, David Lynch had just died hours before, so that was also in play. So if he's half Lynch, half blind tricks, then he'll look it's crooks. I guess it'll be an old timey sheriff. Just occurred to me.
Speaker 1: Well, we're thrilled to have you back. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. We are going to talk about the continued siege of la by the military and the National Guard, and just the Trump administration in general. We're going to talk about Donald Trump's birthday, military birthday parade that's coming up this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yay, it's my birthday, all.
Speaker 1: That plenty more. But first, Michael Swain. We do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: Sure well dispensing plug teaser, Part one, subsection A. I'll say for my new podcast project that I'm really excited and care specifically in part to promote called The Simpsons Taught Me Everything.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 3: I At the end of every episode, do if people recall the episode where Homer accidentally takes subliminal tapes that expand his vocabulary and he's like the gormand transmographize into the voluptuary. I'm doing that. At the end of every episode, Homer says, increase your wordiness, And there were words that came up. There was some I forget, you know, joke formation is a nebulous drink deep of the plasma pool process where like ideas will link up and you'll go that doesn't work and you'll drive it so I forget the conversation, but like it came up gormless, the word gormless. And then also the concept of boofing something specifically boofing bud Budweiser beer, so that their slogan could be take the dub boof of Bud a dub is budd backwards. So this was the really obscure joke that got me to the point where I searched the term, because you always have to search terms to be like, does that mean something unintentional? Gormless? Boofer gormless, I found out, is just British slang that I think means like a dork or.
Speaker 1: Does it?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Ye senseless black iniative, it's my birthday.
Speaker 3: We're at political cartoon levels, as many people are pointed out. But it's like the Roman emperor is like sending the illegal troops to roll through the town. It is like, also, it's my birthday. What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Man? We gotta hold some of the troops back because it's my birthday.
Speaker 3: And then boofer splits like eight different ways. One of them is like a Polynesian derogatory slang for black persons. So forgive me if if you need to beleep that. But I found that like way down the list most predominant uses slang for a big shaggy dog is a big a big boofer.
Speaker 1: But that's good. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: We ended up changing the lines butt chogging so that it did so for clarity.
Speaker 2: Sake, like a gormless beach os.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, and he's non plus also.
Speaker 1: Boofer is a great name for a big dog.
Speaker 3: But yeah, right, unless in arguably Polynesia.
Speaker 2: Unless you're in Polynesia, and it's a black guy.
Speaker 3: Right in the six it said like in the sixties, it was.
Speaker 1: Unless in the sixties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look, and that's another segment you could do is old timey racial slurs that we've just so you know.
Speaker 3: These oh my god, yeah, yeah, yeah and fifty I want to say them because they're racial slurs. But a bunch of them sound so fanciful, right right, and you're like, well, and you're they're like, well, there was a subset of patronizing ones. See. They weren't all like you're subhumans. Some were like you're so cute, like a stupid little kid. Right, I see, I see what I see. And we're back on track.
Speaker 1: There we go. We're back with some underrated Yeah.
Speaker 3: On topic the Mexican flag, it's awso, I mean, aside from I have all the sensible opinions on the fluidity of borders and us all being immigrants, saying all that stuff means that this is all as we'll get into in the episode just a purely fabricated boogeyman as a pretense for sending armed troops into areas to increase his direct control over his administration's direct control over those areas. But people are waving the Mexican flag a lot, and it struck me that our thing is the eagle, but we don't have an eagle, and their eagles awesome, and it's standing on a cactus, which is a tough guy thing to do, and crushing a snake, and which is our other flag that don't tread on me. It's like, don't tread on you. Don't tread on you. I will snap through your throat with my mighty beak. And it just also occurred to me because this is what my new podcast since has taught me. Everything is sort of about, is everything links to everything, and I love things that are nodes for curious that leads somewhere. So if you look into the American flag, they're like, well, why is there thirteen? There's their thirteen colonies? Why is there fifty? That's how many units of land they have in their inventory. If you look into the Mexican flag, what does the Mexican flag eagle represent? The Sun? The Mexican Son and War God wat sealed Poachley. Forgive me, We sealed Poachley est son of the god, god of the Sun and War. And then you click on that learn all kinds of cool legends and folklore. And then it's like what happened to those Aztecs? And it's like, here's a book called A Short Account of the Destruction of the Indies. You should read. So I'm saying going into the Mexican flag also yields a lot of interesting information, whereas the American flag, very fittingly, just yields like like, hey, fact, hey, why are you here at the grade school rounding up little children? There's fifty of us, okay, but can we see some identification? There were origin only thirteen. That's what the bars.
Speaker 1: That's all we got.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, don't ask us shit, do what we're saying.
Speaker 1: It is such a badass drawing, so it's killing a rattle drying well.
Speaker 3: Also imagine if you were like, being Betsy Ross is cool, but being the person who drew that drive that well, like the California flag bears, you're like, that's mine.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: You see a lot of that too, where people like it's like the little the snack flag and it's like, oh no, a bear flag mash up. But yeah, I think you also see people being like, just do not waive that it's bad for the optics. That's what Trump wants, and it's like, please miss us with all that shit, this is a point of pride. Los Angeles used to be Mexico. Okay, let's be completely real about it. And I think this, I guess feel like we're back in twenty twenty again. We're getting all kinds of people like, don't protest like this, protests like this, don't do that, do this, and yes uh. And I'm operating from my version of the civil rights movement where I knew not of any violence that perpetration against anyone there. And I just think I'm pretty sure it ended with a bus boycotts or something.
Speaker 1: It was bus boycotts. Everybody was happy. Everybody followed Martin Luther king Jinger into the street. It was like super popular at the time. I think he had really wellp edge where he was the spokesperson, he got sponsorship.
Speaker 3: Well, John Hodgman was the HP, he was the max. He was he was like the think different revolutionary I was.
Speaker 1: Trying to think of like one of the things that just appropriated, like I have a dream like like that speech, and that's what I came up with, was like hpnside sert a mattress. Yeah, he immediately had a mattress sponsorship. Yeah, immediately had a shoe that was made.
Speaker 3: Who did they just could did you guys cover it? Oh? Orson Welles? They legally signed the document to make it so that he can say anything to you on your GPS. And the family is like, we don't care, yeah, trat his dead words up?
Speaker 2: Give us on ways or something.
Speaker 3: Isn't that has like Pinky and the Brain Orson Wells voice?
Speaker 2: Okayes licensed, but who did the Pinky and the Brain Orson Wells Well.
Speaker 3: That's Maurice LaMarsh of course, give him or work.
Speaker 1: That's who I want. I don't need, I want.
Speaker 3: But they had a computer learn it. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I would love directions from Pinky and the brain like arguing with each other until I trash. Yeah, I just want what's he saying?
Speaker 1: Uh? But obviously the Civil rights movement very unpopular at the time that it was happening. Very white Americans were very scared of it. And we're like, don't do that. That makes people scared.
Speaker 2: Which is why. Yeah, I think we brought it up.
Speaker 1: We want you to be we want people to be nice to you, but you're not going to get it that way by making them spray you with the hope. All right, this isn't how you're going to convince the racist stop it. Oh, just do what the racists say. Don't scare the racists, and then you're gonna be Okay, don't do a sick thing where you're driving riding a motorcycle with a fucking huge Mexican flag and looking fucking awesome. Okay, don't do that, because we have a better idea than that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and see, you guys are omitting the solution. You gotta always hammer this home. Guys, vote and then get out and that will fix it.
Speaker 2: Or it sounds somebody send some money to the DNC.
Speaker 1: Okay, send some money to the DNC, even if there's not gonna be election. Michael swayin, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll keep it short and sleep, but I feel like I have to point at the big board again and just say money. It's just like for the rest of my life whenever I show up on anything where I'm asking this sort of question and it's uh, I again, I don't or it's important. I don't mean value. Separate those concepts money like a billionaire. The billionaire class, as we all know, is destroying us. But it's also for no reason. They're super unhappy, so it would be healthier for them to understand some kind or you can get warm buff. It seems kind of weirdly all right, in terms of I can't argue whether it's I don't know that it's ethical to a massive billion dollars period, But I just mean he seems to sleep at night or have some coherent identity. But many other billionaires Elon included, you know, seem like totally eating alive and miserable anyway. And it doesn't buy me sympathy because they're killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people to figure their shit out. But I do wish i'd figure their shit out, because maybe that would help. And regardless, I also mean it in the grand sense where I track so much back to money used to be a record of goods and services exchanged or potential values stored inside you, and they're like what if gambling was legal in the form of the stock market, and I could go to school and eat every day and learn and use all the resources of humanity. But my job, the whole thing I spend time on Earth doing, is looking at legal documents and moving money from one place to another and seeing if it's possible to abstractly make money make money. Isn't that clever?
Speaker 1: And is that a good thing?
Speaker 3: It's clever. Now later we all choke to death on our own farts. That's that, so good job, society. Money was a short term like symbol we were supposed to use for barter exchange. Look, if AI can do all the art and everything, then maybe we're in star trek time and we don't need money. How about that? And then the billionaires are like, no, we still need money. That's my value identifier, and so I just hate it, so they'll never.
Speaker 1: Let that happen. Yeah, that is what all like a lot of really smart people I knew in school. They went into making money, make money. That's it, just fucking growing money by putting it in various places. And I gotta say, I remember at the time being like they should be building fucking infrastructure, like those people are smart. They should be putting like making the world better doing building things. And I remember feeling childish for thinking that at the time, but I've never really been disabused of that notion. I do think that that is a fucking huge problem with it is just like all the smart people, they're just like, yeah, I'm going to go in to make the money, make the money to more money.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, It's truly not just like a sour grapes poor person thing to say. But I've I know enough struggling people, middle class people, and people who got rich through skill and or luck that I have observed and really find it true. Some are happy and some are unhappy. Almost has no connection with other like how much money you amassed. It is just the kind of addiction over like has Warren Buffett I think said he was like anyone who makes which is still unthinkable to me, seven hundred grand a year or more essentially has an identical life to me. They can access anything they want at any time. Everything else is just like frosting on the cake, or more purchase power or political buying power. Why have you so you know, I'll just be happy with my seven hundred K the year, and that's me. I'm home.
Speaker 1: You'll be up, Buffett. Just put it in all of our bank.
Speaker 2: Account'll be We'll be good over here. I think he does it. He does. I think he buys himself some cover because he's not very Austen. He's just like so low key. He like lives like I've driven by his house in Omaha and I was like, oh, that's where he's like. I was just like, oh, he's ignore that.
Speaker 3: I'm absorbing the resources. Yeah, millions of because there's like and.
Speaker 2: They're like, it's McDonald's for breakfast every day, and it's like he has he's.
Speaker 3: A fucking a team, that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the little old man who eats making moment. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I was wondering, if you, like, do you now you're that the Simpsons taught you everything? Have you switched out beer as the cause of and solution to all life's problems with money?
Speaker 3: No miles. I think savvy viewers will remember that the solution to all life's problems is to move under the scene.
Speaker 2: Animals.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna happen, not with that attitude that has reawakened. I always love the Simpsons, but like many didn't watch it for at least ten years, and now I'm that guy where I have to stifle incessantly any stimulus is like that Simpsons quote relates to that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, right, right, right to be the Simpsons guy.
Speaker 3: Don't be college guy.
Speaker 1: This new franchise not helping with your whatever the brain condition is that you have. But it's Michael, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back, and we're here in La yep. And what are we seeing on the ground because the headlines, Miles, I'm hearing Trump sent in the National Guard and saved our dear city from burning to.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, yeah, we call that bullshit, actually sensational manufactured bullshit. La is okay, let's just say that up top in the way that you know, no one is at risk from anything from other Angelinos. It's the fact that we have federal authorities and the police brutalizing people. That's that's the danger right now, because prior to that, we were doing Okay, we're fine. We've been through some things, we've had some fires. We have an industry that's kind of dying in real time in front of our eyes. That's causing some problems. But yes we are okay. I think with the yeah podcasting, what the news is showing people and intentionally mischaracterizing as riots are actually people defending their communities from illegal kidnappings of law abiding people. And like they want to show burning way mos because that's the way they want to delegitimize the cause. What you're seeing is civil resistance. And let's not forget we've been through this before. Right in twenty twenty, it was about anti black racism and over policing. The media focused on crime but completely left out the part where crime is actually a downstream issue due to inequality and white supremacy. This time we were hearing about criminal aliens and crime. Again, the part the media leaves out is to you know, the entire thing is that the media and the people who own the media then dictate what we are told or what is covered. Have been scapegoating immigrants as a way to avoid a real discussion on inequality and exploitation in this country, a way to avoid the easy question of if these people pay taxes and are contributing, what's the problem and why is there more money to kill innocent people? Thousands of miles away and no money for kids to have their illnesses treated. And they always say immigrants. Well, this is where we're at now, and many pundits and well meaning liberals are saying things.
Speaker 1: Like don't be violent.
Speaker 2: They're not. The police are the ones shooting people at point blank range, disappearing protesters, and unmarked cars trampling citizens with horses. These people merely showed up in physical space to demonstrate that when their loved ones are being torn out of their homes, their cars, their elementary schools, we will not tolerate that bullshit. So you see, this is what the resistance looks like. This is what fighting oligarchy looks like. Do the Democrats remember a few months ago they're at that podium and weekly yelling things like we will fight. Well, guess what this is what that looks like. You don't just cower in fear because they are more powerful or more violent than you, or because they have more seats in Congress. You dig deep and find your humanity and realize that this is not what life should look like and be like for us in America. We reject it, we resist it.
Speaker 1: But because I did double check that picture of the guy riding his motorcycle with the Mexican play. It was not Chuck Schumer. No, I wanted to double check to make it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't, or Pelosi, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 3: There a point where they like held up little ping pong paddles that said like I'm actually oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And we're getting lectured by those people. They're saying to fight, and that's what we're doing. But because these phrases have been co opted and obscured, we are meant to think that resistance in its highest form is to just yell resist. Okay, Sadly, when fascism comes to your town, merely saying resist to militarize goons is not enough, and we're forced to protect each other. We were forced to come out in numbers and show the world that we are united with our family, friends, and neighbors. Regardles of some bureaucratic designation that is known as illegal, we don't see legal or illegal. We see kindness. We see generosity. We see people fucking tending to the pepper spray wounds of the very people that are oppressing them and disappearing them. Their rights are our rights, so It's pretty simple. Like, if we live in a world where we tolerate seeing children ripped from their parents' arms at a daycare or a graduation, we are saying we will tolerate our children being ripped from our arms. If we tolerate seeing someone who doesn't look like us be dehumanized and humiliated, we are not saying. We are then saying we will tolerate our own dehumanization and humiliation. So we draw line and we say no, we have a vision for how we want to live together and take care of each other and make sure we can all live with the kind of stability and happiness we deserve, as it is our human rights, not some legislative concept that needs to be debated on the floors of Congress. So yeah, LA is fine. In fact, we're so fine, and we love our neighbors so fucking much that in times like these we will show our collective love for each other in a way that clearly resonates, as we've seen with solidarity protests popping up across the country and in many cases people just doing the exact same thing what people are in LA are doing. They're seeing people in their towns, their neighbors being violated and they stand up for them, and that's what we're seeing. So let's you know, what we're what we're doing, is we're seeing the federal agents try and force a way of living on us that we just flatly reject. So all this talk of like it is a riot, I think that completely betrays what is actually happening and what for the media has always been like, you know, the resistance is here, what is it? I mean, this is what it looks like. What are you supposed to do when someone pulls up to you and is is trying to separate you from your family? There's some form of you that has to resist. So to talk about it in this very I mean, it's predictable how the media is talking about it, but this does such a disservice to what's happening. And you know, on the other side of it, you see people who have completely fall for that narrative of like, oh, yeah, look what they're doing to their town right now, which is not my case. And I think people that's what that is the sort of repetition we're seeing over and over to then justify whatever whatever is coming next.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, it really makes you wonder, especially working at Cracks where sort of part of the mission statement. Then weirdos would come like Robert Evans would come in and be like, I'm going to do the thing I do here as well. But originally Jack would drill into us, or you know, a lot of the circle around the history you don't know the Cracked detextbook was fully focused on, and you learn about vice versa. Or it's weird to live and actually witness institutions you thought of as well, that's a boring, mundane truth lens or whatever. They just report the news do outright appeasement propaganda where it's like, oh, snap, no, you really can't trust the mainstream media and I don't mean it like the crazy people who said it when you kind of could. I mean that. Now it's like full on cartoonish propaganda. That's weird on multiple issues, you know, especially Gaza and LA at the currently are both glaring. But at the same time it's just makes you wonder. Then, like when you get into unearthed history, stuff you'll learn about like massacres that have been completely forgotten, you know, borderline genocides on American soil that have been completely forgotten.
Speaker 1: Borderline and textbook straight up.
Speaker 3: It makes you wonder, like the La riots that I know about, or again, it just makes me distrust all of history or anything I've ever learned and wonder what will stand in the textbook, you know, one hundred years from now about this. Is it gonna be the bullshit narrative? Shit that sucks and makes me wonder or like I've crammed my head full of propaganda because I like history, learns it all and it's mostly not true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta seek it. Apple's history. Yeah, that's my My nine year old was asking, like, you know, what was going on, and I was school or not. I was trying to like explain to him, and you know, I was like, well, so in the past, like a president sent in troops to help like protect black children going to a school safely, So like in the past it's been you know, used for good things. He was like, oh, what about internment camps? Oh yeah, that's all right, you're smart, But yeah, I do just say the under.
Speaker 7: Reports what you trader, I don't know, never heard of it, okay, and neither have you.
Speaker 3: There is no mafia, but just I do.
Speaker 1: Really well put miles the specific underreporting of what the ice raids look like in the context of this, Like they are focusing so much on burning way mos and not on like these raids explain, Yeah, why are people reacting this way?
Speaker 2: What's their problem?
Speaker 3: You notice, like.
Speaker 1: That's the first question that should pop in your mind. What's their problem?
Speaker 3: And maybe in the fraccice there will or maybe I've already missed be ice agent injuries of note, but by and large, the huge preponderance I mean not to mention like a drone footage of them just straight up beating people when they think they're not being filmed going viral. But it feels like the big ticket item to catch propaganda wise is a burning car. Because A they say looting, but there is no looting. This is not about achieving, Like no one is take advantage of this on a widespread scale to get objects or possessions, uh, and B that leaves them. I feel like with the only shot is like, well that's a very expensive thing.
Speaker 1: You don't like.
Speaker 3: So much chaos is implied in a burning car, so much waste and loss of property to society, And it's like, please keep in mind, flames are very impactful looking. Something burning seems very threatening and violent, but a burning car is nothing compared to getting a rubber bullet in the leg or the head or gased in it like Fox and you have PTSD for years to come. Like none of this is on the scale of it's it is nonviolence. It's what's surreal to me is to see people go or like James Woods people, but now everyone is a human being. That's that's my we're the good guys. But but it's funny to me that James Woods will post a picture of the truck on fire and be like this just has in this is uncomfortable, and it's like like this is twenty twenty dragging kids away from their elementary school like a cowboy from what I was brought, like a big, alpha male cowboy wandering through town. Would be like excuse me, sir, onhand that little girl, that's always how you say it, or like it's so obvious you know, Q, where the Baddi's Jeff or whatever. It's like, right, not hard to be on the right side of history with this Russels.
Speaker 2: The coverage is interesting, right because twenty twenty you couldn't escape all of the on film killings that happened with the price, and that they had to sort of be like injuxtapose the two with what's happening right now.
Speaker 1: They aren't doing that with They're not really giving you the detail to really connect people to the outrage, and I think they maybe learn their lesson or something like, yo, bro, we did too much explaining.
Speaker 3: I think they are or that's too much or the financial incentive again is just well for the shareholder's sake. I guess Trump won and they won. I guess that's what people want. We better pivot to supporting that and that will move more units. I thought society, right, it's like all of business to say. In some cases, it feels to me like everything is just like, oh, well, last season we were going woke and there was money in that. I guess we're going fascist now and there's money in that. My boss told me to pivot to that. And it's like, damn the humanity again. This is why you start to understand, you know, or well, quotes like the person who will stand by and think this is fine is just as bad as that's the Nazi camp commandant. And it's like sometimes it feels that way for sure.
Speaker 1: Just following orders, just following the market. You know, we're just following the market.
Speaker 3: Hey already got guys. But yeah, I mean we were who dragged little girls out in the street saying well, we're just doing our job, and it's like that's not good enough for her.
Speaker 2: That's also that's not a good job.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 3: Also, what did they tell you Ms? Thirteen? This little girl is what's going on?
Speaker 2: I think that's why. I also there's a huge question marks over where these people came from. Who, like what part of federal law enforce Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. There's been such a widespread conservative backlash to so many scare tactic things about like children are being endangered by like whatever they makes up trafficked. You know, zip ties on your car door handle, that's a sign that you and your child going through the Pizzagate. They go through and they don't come back. The traffickers are leaving clues to make sure to make it a game, I guess, to make sure the zip tie on your door handle. Because they're trafficking so many people, they got to keep track of which cars they're going to traffic. This is a situation where people in masks are going to schools who and asking to like see children like the principles are having to like turn them away people who like won't fucking show their ideas, Like what if those are ice agents, if those are homeland security officers, and that is the precedent you're setting, Like I can't think of a more dangerous situation for children, and yeah, like the to normalize people going to abduct them and being like no, this one's part of the government. It's like, well, okay, yeah, it's it's really difficult to like watch and think of like all the times like people who voted for Democrats clamored for things like amnesty for people who have come into this country, for universal health care, to codify road, to do something about over policing.
Speaker 2: And like yeah, we'll get to that. But again there's always this argument of like it's just so unpopular, it's so difficult. Let me tell you something. If you codify, you would not see people in the streets like this. If you gave people universal health care, you would not see people in the streets like this. If you gave people amnesty, you would not see people in the streets like this. Now you would see some people, but not at this scale. And I think that really lays waste to any fucking argument that they want to put up about things not being politically the will to do something, because look on the other side of it, these people just went all in on this shit and look at what's happening, and I think it reveals a level of cowardice to that party that I think is so infuriating to see is like, you're gonna let them take swings like this, and you're not even gonna take a swing to just provide amnesty for people that have been in this country. You're not even take a swing to give health care to people.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: No, And they're like, well, there's all these other things. It's just miss us with all this shit. And I think that's what's so it, And like it's funny because now you do see some Democrats who are in California, who represent this region specifically, are now fully all in on this, like, well, shoot me. Like Maxine Waters was like shoot me. Then you know, Gavin Newsom, who has a terrible track record, is suddenly like just get it over with the rest of me. I don't care, like, but let's just do this, like let's get this over with. And now you're like, oh what, because this is what happens in America. It's not till it's literally at your fucking door do you figure it out. They're like, oh, this is a problem. It was never a problem when everybody yesterday telling you.
Speaker 3: You're I'm on the pod new scum. That's good. I get it. I got to sit to you, like I can throw the line. I do think it's a fundamental click in and you can unclick right like once you understand always doing it. He's going all in for the fascist pitch like it's happening. I do think that you have to quickly polarize. Everything's a spectrum. But you're either the type of person who's like, well, I can't risk my personal life for the stakes I have in the fire. I'll just watch fearfully as things unfold and hope it goes the right way, versus the people who are like, well, I can't do that or all because I'm my Assholeclay, I have to say no, don't, you can't or I don't. It feels like I'm moral imperative again, that we're at the point where, believe, dude, I live a privilege because your life and I want to just keep playing internet games and stuff. But even me, I'm like, Okay, well we better get out to the protests or we better start amplue, like we have to start doing things beyond just amplifying eloquence restatements of the problem, because I just don't want not to put it through that everything through that lens. But like I guess everyone does, so I will when my son grows up, I assuming he survives to the next phase, I don't want him to look back and be like, oh, we did like a Nazi thing like period of time, and my family was one of the let's hide out and wait it out families. You don't want to be that family. Yeah, you want to be the at least which the Angelina people seem to be doing, the like love thy neighbor, like at least stick up for the people in your area of influence. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also a lot of people I think I see a lot of people getting stressed online about like I want to be out there and I don't know what to do. I don't know how to help. And I think it's the same thing. Yet not everyone. Not everyone's contribution to a movement like this is to be in the streets. There are people that are able to, and I commend them, And for those who can't, there's no reason to feel bad about that. But if you do feel any will to act, there's resources. Whether you want to support a group financially, maybe with a skill you have, maybe you're a graphic designer, you can say, hey, can I design some leaflets for you for free? Can I use my platform I have? Maybe I'm just a Twitch streamer, or maybe I have a niche arts and crafts page that I make. But at the very least thousands of people are interested in what I talk about. Use that, use a platform, whatever you can. There are ways to contribute. It always doesn't look the same, but make sure that you at least can contribute some energy in some direction to that. And I think that you know, that's a huge hump that people have to get over, and and I get it, because this kind of direct action is not very It's not a thing that Americans engage in constantly or normally. But again, there are so many opportunities around there. And to your point, Michael, like everything is so much about this narrative that everyone's like it's a riot. And I'm sure all of us have gotten text from people like are you okay?
Speaker 1: Are you okay? Have an article that I'm just sending to people being like, this is what it actually is. Like somebody who's on the ground with the protesters being like, the harshest standoff was like a bunch of clergy members yea entering off with yeah, interface clergy just like trying to like it's a band pulls up.
Speaker 3: Is one sided all to our yea.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All we're doing is saying, no, we don't agree. How many of us don't agree? Look, how many of us don't how many oh yeah, shoot us? Okay, the will stand here, Well you shoot us. Please don't take this little girl away For no reason.
Speaker 1: That just popped in my head as you guys were talking. One is the hoping that it will get better. I was listening to Masha Gessen, who's New York writer be interviewed about you know, they went through the Putin like the whole you know, slide into authoritarianism under Putin, and they were saying, just like the thing that you're taken by is like how quickly people get used to a thing and then how two years on you're always like, man, we had so much, We had the ability to do so much two years ago, like it just keeps getting worse. It's the our ability to imagine how it can get worse, Like think about it in twenty sixteen when everyone was like, well, this is like crazy, right, and then think about it how much worse it is now, and it's just it will keep getting worse, Like there's no like they're hoping that it will get better. I'm not saying that, like you need to go out and throw your body in front of the fucking tank at Trump's birthday parade. I'm just saying that any idea that, like, without anything happening, it will just get better on its own is not That's not how authoritarianism works. This is how authoritarian does it works. It's a steady slide and a power grab that gets worse and worse and we leave, we lose more and more rights.
Speaker 2: And the math is easy though too. You only need like three and a half percent of a population to be actively resisting to really thwart.
Speaker 3: On stabilized stabili. That's why I totally understand the cognitive dissonance of the people reaching out, because everyone had to go through where you're like, wait, but all the news says it's on fire. You're like, it's not on fire. You're like, but they all say it. You're telling me I can't rely on any information. And when I went through that moment and looking back in history, I'm like, but I've always known that. Or I'm a student of history and sociology and studied fascist mechanics because I'm interested in that stuff. And I'm like, there's still that part of you that's like, but not to me, or they're doing it to me now in the modern context, I thought that was what dumb history people got the wool pulled over their eyes.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's called mechanics, like Nazi rick over at the just tires.
Speaker 1: And I also think just like you brought up Gaza and that has also always you know, all the points that Miles was making about, like when they're doing it to one person, they're doing it to anyone. Like what just seeing that reporter gets shot in the ass with a like plastic a rubber munition, but like just seeing the you know whatever it was, ice agent or LAPD like turn their gun on them, like specifically like aim it at them as they're like live reporting, Like this is that's what you know? Gaza has always been as like you any any where someone is treated like that, treated like vermin, to be like ethnically cleansed. It's being backed by your government, like that's that's going to come back, that's that's not that it doesn't stop.
Speaker 3: There, right, And we usually try to just detegrate people of different skin color with like some like a term like terrorist, which has become so rampantly propagant from my you know, over the course of my life. And then if they happen to be the same skin color, then as we see now, we go like, well, trader, then then they're a trader, right, And it's like then okay, so you can attack and anyone at any time for any reason, and we're through the looking glass people we are, as house might say.
Speaker 2: It's just so weird because like, you know, Stephen Miller is behind all of this, and they've been planning this, and like you know, they're they're picking la as an example because we're the biggest city with the biggest uh you know, population of people that are here that are undocumented, and they at the same time, dude, you're going after the biggest fucking city in your first go here. This is this I don't know if you understand, like, really what happens here, This is a this is we fucking care about each other. Americans just care about each other generally speaking well, and then to do it in the city this vast and like trying to It's just like, I don't know how they think this is going to end, but it's not going to end in a way that I don't think anyone wants. And I think that's why it's really dangerous for this for the media, especially to keep both sizes and like well Trump says it's actually being over one now Los Angeles has fallen and these and then but city officials say there's no need for It's like, why are you even reporting it like this report the truth? The truth is there is nothing happening here that we can't handle, well, we can't really handle. Rather, we can't abide by these people. The only invasion that is happening is from ice agents completely disrupting our peaceful way of living here.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: And I think another part of the tragedy of humanity that seems so like bittersweet to a lot of people who just are able to see these layers unfold, is it really feels like they also, so vonagets to. The trouble with dumb bastards is they're something like they're too dumb to know how dumb they are.
Speaker 1: Is it's like they don't know there's any such thing as dumb.
Speaker 3: So that's right, thank you. It's cruelty for the sake of cruelty, just to Empowermacy or short term financially, you're like, because that will allow me to stay in power one more election and get money here. And it's like, truly, though, at the cost of crippling your entire nation, and you're all your countrymen, and they're like, right, I've reconciled with that. That's fine with me. And so it's just bizarre to me that this whole churning tornado of hatred, like sometimes people used to say, like Stalin still got the trains to run on time, and I that sounds like propaganda to me. I have no idea if it bears out. But Trump can't even say that. It's like, yeah, you saw.
Speaker 1: The legs crash on time.
Speaker 3: You destroyed everything and saw the legs off the table and sold the legs and took the money and left.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, yeah, I mean they have no connection to the world, like white supremacy.
Speaker 3: They're already in the survival bunker. And what they don't understand is the survival bunker is not good enough yet. We're not there yet technologically.
Speaker 2: Like and also like and when we're building it for you, we'll sabotage it.
Speaker 3: Like you're a human being born into this world, be where you need to be.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break, we'll come back. We'll talk about adults going to children's movies. We'll be right back, and we're back and we're back. Yeah. And the question is being asked online. It just a light switch, like you under my classic newscaster, being asked online, is it okay for adults to go see kids movies and theaters alone? The issue was recently brought up by a mother on momsnet dot com for UIM so she went online she I mean whatever as someone who's purporting to write as a mom is on this for him and says that they went to stitch and uh, there was just some guy there by himself munching on snacks in you fucking what.
Speaker 3: Talking about her crowd ads or because it's in a different.
Speaker 6: He was eating a damn crab Boil sitting there just munching away on snacks, and she resisted the urge to take him right then and there, and instead wrote about it like from the theater.
Speaker 1: By the way, was like posting from her seat in the theater as the movie's happening. And so I wanted to put it to you guys, because I honestly, as a fake journalist, I honestly don't know how I feel about this. What do you guys think? What is it okay for adults to go to movie?
Speaker 2: I mean, they did conduct a pole under that post, and it's found that ninety five percent of people who responded to this post said she was being unreasonable for theaking what is this man doing having snacks in this? I get like sort of like the your first side, like whoa, oh no, like where's my kid? But it's a movie and you're there to see a movie. I don't I mean, like, yeah, go ahead all the way.
Speaker 3: Y miles. It was Kronos devouring his own children, and now you look like the ass oh A wide ranging no, No, I wouldn't say. I feel like as someone who's never gone to the movie theater alone and it's forty years of age, and I think about all the time, how it's weird that I've never done that and there's nothing stopping me, and I should and I'm a lone wolf type guy and I'd probably enjoy it, but total habit to never It never occurs to me to go to him and I.
Speaker 2: Did time like three years ago.
Speaker 3: And I think there's a lot of us it like doesn't occur to people. How was it was it?
Speaker 8: It was weird, like I saw this, It's amazing. I saw the creator that lady looks upset. I saw the Creator and I don't know, like, you know, a weird way. I think the movie hit me differently because I wasn't sitting next to anyone I knew, Like I just straight up just took it all in without Yeah. Sometimes you know, Jack and I we just saw a screening and like so sometimes I like to be like, yo, ya talk some shit, like something funny about great.
Speaker 1: Great joke in the middle of the mind. Can't talk about right now. But it was funniest ship. I was absolutely dying.
Speaker 2: They're like, yeah, I really enjoyed it, and like I'm the exact same way, like I've only known going to the movies as the thing I did with my friends or like family or whatever. So it's very it was very joy I definitely eat more alone than I have go to the movies alone.
Speaker 1: So I find eating alone depress it actually not like for myself, but when I see other people eating alone, it's depressing to me. There nothing about movies going to the movie by oneself, Like I love going to the movies. But it was a.
Speaker 3: Live action Disney movie.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: That's the only thing I take issue with live actions.
Speaker 1: I take it. I take yeah, I take issue with their decision to go see that movie.
Speaker 3: They just re released Princess monon Nok in theaters. Go see that.
Speaker 2: Go see that because there's a whole isn't it like a whole jibbli fest like every week?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're rotating.
Speaker 1: I think was coming out like next I know, Lelon Stitch is like definitely a found fundational film for a lot of people, and so like, you know the fact that they're not I'm not gonna judge. I have had the experience where I went to see the Lego movie when that came out by myself as a thirty three year old that somewhere thereabouts and was like surrounded by families and it was like also at that point where like we were start starting to talk about having kids and whether I was responsible enough to have kids or not. And I was like, huh, that hit me a little weird, But I don't I don't think it should be a pro I think everybody should be able to do this.
Speaker 2: Like isn't this all just operating on this like weird suspicion that an adult and the presence of children is automatically a predator, you know what I mean? Like because all of it's like, isn't it weird?
Speaker 1: I don't know this coviction.
Speaker 3: The idea would be that he's there because there's kids there.
Speaker 2: Well, right, because I feel like people like, isn't that odd? Like some people do, Like there are other people who pointed out they're like, oh, I don't know, like this, why was this guy in here when there's a bunch of children in here and he's by himself And it's like, I don't know, this movie came out twenty three years ago when they could have been fucking twelve, and now that's.
Speaker 3: What I mean. It's like that part of he's part of the demo Disney's explicitly going after people who likes Leelan and Stitch and are fans of CG or whatever want to see how it looks, you know now.
Speaker 2: Right, because like you see other posts two online where people like, is it okay if I go, I don't want to look like a creeper? Yeah, you know, and it's like you're minecraft And again I'm sure that obviously they're I'm not saying that there are these places like a screening with a bunch of kids and it is absolute devoid of people who might have fucking weird intentions, but like I think merely the idea that they're like, no, this movie can only have children in here. It's like, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's different movies. I'd be a little more askance at, like if it was just my Little Pony, CG Princess Party movie and that guy, but then you got Bronie's seventy one. I know I would.
Speaker 1: And not eating snacks. The snacks actually make it like it's fine.
Speaker 3: Way more likely that he's not a weird hour creep because there's reasons to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he just sits down down front, turns us back to the screen and doesn't. Then I'm a little bit weird crossing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, comes in wearing the black masks from black phone and asks my kid if they want to watch.
Speaker 1: He's just a nice with them. He's just a nice agent. Yeah, he's just doing his job.
Speaker 2: Jam was writing in this piece so too, Like I didn't know there are movie theater showings where like they have like changing tables in there, like they're fully made for you to bring ye.
Speaker 1: Showings like the really early morning showings of movies are made for like families, and sometimes they'll like leave the lights up a little bit maneuvers. Yeah, and it's just like the kids kind of roam free and the parents are just like on their phones that are talking to each other.
Speaker 3: More of a fun thing to have, you kid, It's like an alternate to taking them to the park every single time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like as somebody who goes to the movies kind of somewhat often like and also has a kid, that was so foreign to me.
Speaker 3: I think of going to the movies with my family once once to twice a week every week, and my kid will get the same treatment. Movies are life.
Speaker 2: Like anything though, You're like fuck it, I mean.
Speaker 3: You can't see screens till you know yet for some time now still, but when we get there, I have no special resistance to obviously looking at like I don't think, don't watch TV. It'll write your brain. I think it's a freaking.
Speaker 1: Contract I've divided today.
Speaker 3: You have to have critical reading and thinking skills and discern what is good and interesting and what is bullshit. But yeah, you guys help that who the show? I was trying to say something, cut it out, Cut it out. I didn't mean it.
Speaker 1: We don't take well the compliments. I mean, Michael, it's always such a pleasure having you on the show. Where can people find you? Follow you, enjoy your work?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I moved to my liberal bubble cuck life simulator called Blue Sky, So I'm on Blue Sky instead of X now, which I only call X now that I've left it like an X that you shared. So it's just Michael Swain one word, Michael Swam at Blue Sky. People who are huge fans of me and say that I am like among their top ten comedians for a decade or whatever, will still spell my name with an N at the end is in Nancy. So I rarely do this, but because it occurs to me Swim swim just with an m like Mary or Michael Michael, swam dot Blue Sky Dot Social. And then of course you can also find the presence of my new show, which I'd like to finally fully plug, called The Simpsons Tammy Everything on Instagram at st m epod And is it an appropriate time to actually plug the plug itself? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Please screw it up doing it?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So if you know the show connections or don't tell Robert I said this, but like behind the Bastards, But but I did it. It's sort of that model, and it it mirrors the way that a Simpsons episode will start somewhere and just do sort of stream of consciousness and jerk you around. But if you like Cracks, you'll understand what I'm saying when I say, basically on the show, I start with a single Simpsons joke, like a super famous bit, like the monorail song was our pilot zoom in on? What is that? A reference to the music man? What is the music man that got us all the way to like the rise of car culture, the invention of credit, the golden age of the traveling salesmen, mass cons and scams from throughout history, incidents as a mass hysteria, Hooverville's and like the Smoot Holly Tariff Act, which is which was funny in the sense that if you get down to the brass tacks, even this ship that's happening with Trump and everything, even the tariff thing is identical to what they did right before the Great Depression. They're like, we'll slap huge tariffs on the whole world. That will fix it, and that is blamed for causing the Great Depression. So we just never learned. But anyway, was great though, Right, Yeah, that was a good one. I'm gonna stop paying attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, such terrible reading comprehension.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of.
Speaker 3: Thing is, you know, in cracked style with jokes and Simpsons related trivia games peppetting throughout which behind the bastards does not have I and great guess like members of the correct you know, members of the Cracked Golden Era, but also great folks like Danielle Radford, Cody Zigler, been on, Brian Brushwood of modern Rogue. All kinds of folks come on and I teach them and you about basically anything science, history, sociology. Jack would again say it cracked, and I think think of all the cracked children, I'm still doing the most cracked the stuff, which is just make you the most interesting person at your next cocktail party. We just like learn really interesting stuff all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to do one on the joke of I have three kids and no money.
Speaker 3: And what is three money? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What is our next one?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 3: It starts with the time Willy said, Ah tis more dizzy and than the belfry at cleric kagoon wagons and I explain what clackkagon wagons is because it's a real thing, and then the whole history of everything Willy has ever said in a Crash course on Scottish history and independence. So it's that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Video game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you can find it on YouTube at the Cracked YouTube channel. It's for Cracked. I don't know if they said that or or by subscribing to the Cracked podcast on Spotify and you hear my voice that I'm like podcast, that's what I'm see. I would have gone the other way. This is, as Jack knows SEO is like a strategy gamble, right, So the current people whose decision it is were like, we would rather just run it in the old feed because the legacy subs still exists there of people who are subed to the Crack podcast.
Speaker 1: That's probably the idea. That's cool.
Speaker 3: See, I think they may well be right strategically, but the like anal artist to me is definitely like, no, we should have sacrificed those and gambled on the confidence of starting fresh with a fresh feed that's just called that. That's just called this because it's confusing.
Speaker 9: But anyway, you could change the name of the feed later. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So for now, look for the Cracked podcast, which has not posted in five years, and you will see that the thing that's posting there now is my show.
Speaker 1: There you go, amazing is there? So that's the work of media that you're enjoying, that we're all enjoying it.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I did bring something to promote by someone else, so I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, is there a media that you've been enjoying? Sure?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'll just quickly say how excited I am for Cracks x FAM and still dear friend Maggie may Fish, who also continues the work in the sense that Maggie does incredible long form and highly successful YouTube pop culture analysis videos, but lately has been achieving all of my actors' dreams. They Maggie made a movie with John Delancey Q from Star Trek that's out on Nebula. It's all through Nebula, and then just drop the teaser for their new show, Amy's dead End dream House. So if you're a fan of Maggie may Fish, go check out Amy's dead End dream House, a new show featuring Paul F. Tompkins, my absolute idol, which even if Maggie wasn't involved, would have gotten my interest. But it's like a Peewe's playhouse with Maggie as the star analyzing film. It's gonna be good.
Speaker 1: Sounds really good. Yeah, Miles, where can people find you as their working media? You've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Everywhere At Miles of Gray, we're covering the NBA Finals. What's left of it? Miles and Jack got madsts tuned in because there's only a couple episodes left ever of the show.
Speaker 1: That's gonna yeah done.
Speaker 2: But the show and a couple couple more weeks, there will be a true crime podcast revealing all the behind the scenes antics about that. Soon enough you will see stay tuned also, I find you talking about ninety day on four to twenty day fiance. Uh yeah, there's some there's some things I like here on Blue Sky at you know, George Wallace, Mister George Wallace dot Besky dot so so said, so sick of these gang members working difficult jobs and paying tens of billions of dollars in federal, state and local taxes for decades. You just know they're biding their time. Then wham, they'll start doing gang ship when they're senior citizens or whatnot exactly. Another one, yeah, and whatnot?
Speaker 1: And one one.
Speaker 2: Another one is Christopher Matthias at Let's Go Matthias dot best guide at social just said, thinking of this tweet for no particular reason, and it's one from at Eyeball Slice of It said. A liberal is someone who opposes every war except a current war, and supports all civil rights movements except the one that's going on right now.
Speaker 1: I just wish they did it exactly the way I wanted it. And what are the stakes for you?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Just my comfort?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Just I okay, let's see, I've been enjoying following the guy Dave Portnoy, who started Barstool Sports has apparently never taken a picture not on his tippy toes, and so there's just a lot of people documenting that he was like all the lies told about me, This is the most egregious. People are literally photoshopping me standing on my tippy toes now and then like somebody just like posts a video of him, like taking a picture with somebody at cheese steak store, and then like the video just like pans down as it's been taken and he's on a tippy does immediately by Mary King.
Speaker 3: Oh that's has someone done him perfectly on point as a ballet dancer yet because he.
Speaker 1: Can't his form is bad.
Speaker 2: Oh he's a Tottenham fan. Yeah, there's a picture of him with Arry Kine on his tip.
Speaker 1: Hey, look at this one.
Speaker 2: He is he looks like he's trying to do Michael Jackson on his toes like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or the David Blaine tricks someone into thinking you're levit's hating by just going up on it. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Just for the people in the back. These photos are for the audience in the back. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore, ol Brian on Blue Sky at Jack ob the number one you can find us on Twitter, on Blue Sky, at Daily Zeitgeist, where at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram, you can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it and find the footnotes, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy, Miles, is there a song that you think that people might enjoy? Yes?
Speaker 2: I love the Most Deaf album Black on both sides, especially the track Umi says. This artist Reginald omas Ma Moodey the Fourth who is like half he's from I think his mother's from Mauritius and his father's from the UK, covered it. But this track, it's sort of like a rework. It's called Yasin's Lament because now most stuff goes by Yasin Bay and it's just like it's a really vibe version of Umi says, And I just think right now, hearing that refrain of you know, I want my people to be free, to be free, to be free, just kind of really resonates in a really nice way, and this track does a really good job of that. So this is Yasine's Lament by Reginald Omas Mam Day the fourth.
Speaker 1: All right, we will look off to that in the foot Nobody. The Daily Zait Guys is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all then bug by.
Speaker 5: The Daily Zeit Guys is executive produced by Catherine Long, co produced by Bae Wang.
Speaker 1: Co produced by Victor Wright
Speaker 2: Co written by j M McNabb, Edited and engineered by Justin Conner,