Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Katty Armstrong and Jettie and he.
Speaker 3: Arms Raw.
Speaker 4: Live from the studio ce Sor.
Speaker 2: It is a dimly lit room deep within the bowels of.
Speaker 4: The Armstrong Ngetty Communications Compound.
Speaker 2: And paint y'all.
Speaker 4: Today we're under are the tutelage of our general manager, Day two, and it's mighty rain.
Speaker 2: FEMA. What is it? What does it do? How's it funded? Why is it so slow? What's going on? That's a good question. That is a good question.
Speaker 4: How about that quote from the mayor of Tampa if you stay, you are going to die.
Speaker 2: That's the most stark.
Speaker 4: Warning I've ever heard from a public official. I appreciate the frankness. If you stay, you are going to die. And that's for That is something for FEMA to deal with coming this weekend. Yes, they're struggling already with the last hurricane. You got this Milton bearing down on Florida, which increased faster than any hurricane anybody's ever seen yesterday, which is something.
Speaker 2: You want to hear. A crazy statistic.
Speaker 4: Tampa has not been hammered by a major hurricane since nineteen twenty one. Really, I'll be darn Florida very long. Yes, it is very long. There are lots of different places hurricanes can hit. It hasn't hit Tampa, a peninsula, it is, so I was ready. It wasn't that long ago. I was calling Florida America's infected appendix, and then it should be sought off instead of float in the Atlantic. Right since Ron DeSantis, you know, restored sanity and good governance to Florida, it's like.
Speaker 2: The you know, these the most popular state in the country to move to, along with Texas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and held up as kind of an example of good governance. She got this hurricane, Milton, and I was listening to an expert this morning, like a real hurricane expert, just not like you know, your usual TV weather man who's really more of a personality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not like you know, but.
Speaker 4: They're really good at pointing at a screen that actually doesn't exist. It's a green screen behind them and they're looking at a monitor ten feet over there.
Speaker 2: But they're very good at that.
Speaker 4: But the other one, it looks but the al Rokers of the world and whoever that hate hottie is on ABC or CBS that they have on all the time. They're they're they're they're because they're funny, or they look good, or they participate, you know, on the concert on Friday Day dance.
Speaker 2: That's that's what they're.
Speaker 4: But like a real meteorologist I was watching this morning, who you know, studies the weather for a living, said, the whole category thing is way overblown. That has very little to do with how much damage is going to be done. That's so okay. So now I know that's kind of like the stupid person's version of how you figure out how big a deal the storm is gonna make.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a factor. Yeah, it's oversimplified.
Speaker 4: Reminding everyone that Katrina, which was devastating to so much of the Gulf Coast, was a was a three when it landed. It's how strong was how much water it picked up? Blah blah blah, all kinds of different things that the size so Milton shrinking from a five to a three before it hits could actually make it way way way more damaging in terms of the water. And they think it might just be the you can't say perfect storm when you're talking about a storm. Obviously, No, all these things are coming together.
Speaker 2: It's almost the perfect storm.
Speaker 4: It seems like a bad idea, but it might hit with just the absolute maximum amount of water right in Tampa. And politically, not that I don't care about the Floridians, but you know whatever, I mean, I got problems to lots, lots of people have their bad things happening all over the place. But politically, this could end up being the story for the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: And there's only four weeks left from today.
Speaker 4: Agreed both legitimately, and these things are always politicized, ask George W.
Speaker 2: Bush Ran. But yeah, it could be an enormous factor.
Speaker 4: Well, it's already obviously, especially in right wing media.
Speaker 2: It's it's never ending.
Speaker 4: The criticism of FEMA and the examples real or made up of the terrible things that are happening in North Carolina. And it's everywhere in right wing media, and Trump's Trump's hammering it because he's picked up on that that social media. It's just huge. So oh and we're gonna we're gonna start helping out today or letting you help out by raising some money.
Speaker 2: So we've got more information on that coming up.
Speaker 4: I thought it would be a good idea to get involved in a local charity in North Carolina. Oh, my goodnes, that thousands and thousands and thousands of people whose lives have just been devastated. They don't have a tenth of the insurance to rebuild their lives. They got no food, they got no clothes, they got nothing. How did you think Kamala Harris did on sixty minutes last night? Oh? But but actually pretty well, really, some of it was crap, but it was fairly well presented crap.
Speaker 2: So you want Harris to win? That's interesting?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, okay, do you want pandering, I'll pander. She's an idiot, she didn't put two sentences together. She's stupid. She's a Marxist, weirdly, and then I believe most of that.
Speaker 2: Weirdly, Hey, you had not heard.
Speaker 4: Her mother's a Marxist too, Her late mother, her dad I knew, was a Marxist professor. Her mom is cited as a promising young Marxist in some like Big Time Middle twentieth century Marxists book, where he mentions his proteges meant, this is Kamala's mom. Well, I appreciated that Bill Whittaker asked some hard questions and definitely followed up on him. There were a couple of things he left out that I really wish you'd gotten into, but he didn't uh there. And there was one time where he characterized her answer and it's on a topic that she's floundered in the past, and I thought, wait a minute, why didn't you just play your answer instead of telling us what she said? And you're neatly edited Bill Whittaker esque, you know the language.
Speaker 2: In your mustachioed way right.
Speaker 4: I I've had this happen a couple of times where I watched it live last night and thought, man, in a couple of spots, she really sounded like the got no answers Kamala Harris. And then some other times she sounds good, But then I reheard it today. Sometimes when I hear it the second time, I don't know why. I thought she sounded way worse her stuff on the on the immigration in the border when he asked her, you know, to be fair, missus President Vice President, you haven't answered the question, and why didn't you do it?
Speaker 2: Was it a bad idea to let so many people in?
Speaker 4: And her answer is just typical Kamala Harris nonsense. She talks nonsense in a way I've never heard any other politician talk nonsense. It's a common thing for politicians to just say nonsensical things or just kill time or filibuster or whatever. But God, she's got a unique way about it like nobody else.
Speaker 2: And she is just profoundly annoying.
Speaker 5: What is that her tone of voice and how she nods her head yes, oh, yes, as she's delivering her crap as if you see, you see, No, I don't see.
Speaker 4: You're not saying anything. The immigration stuff was terrible. I was just trying to take it in through the eyes of one of the few, the proud, the undecided voters trying to figure out if she could be president or not. And again it was it was a bee to me. Uh, with some some serious swings and misses. I realize a person is predisposed to this. So if you tend to like her politics, half the country not be annoyed by by by watching her, right, I mean? The New York Times poll just came out as I was driving to work today. It's one of the biggest polls they had put in the field yet and she's increased her lead somewhat nationally, so about half the country must be okay watching her. I just am so annoyed by her very presence that it's difficult for me to listen to. I just think she comes off as a complete moron. Oh yeah, and a phony and facial expressions, the nodding, the tone of voices to all of them. But beyond that, what you just said her her condescending. How dare you ask me? How do you not understand what I'm saying? Isn't what I'm saying brilliant, It's just all I couldn't find her more annoying. She is more annoying to me than maybe any politician ever. I dislike her so much. I never disliked Barack Obama. I didn't this policies, but I didn't dislike him. His mere presence her, there's something about her that's just Maybe it's because of women and women me in charge of things now. I don't I don't know what is wow a shocking. I don't know what it is, but there's something about her talking that just makes me, oh, I can't handle it.
Speaker 2: Obama was unbearably smug. Yeah, you you have that problem with him. Yeah, I don't know why, but it didn't turn.
Speaker 4: It didn't make me angry the way her just speaking makes me angry.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, and I.
Speaker 4: Did a poor sheb of explaining. Is now crystallizing in my head what makes me so insane about her nodding. She will say something like, we have a country. Mm hmmm, mm hmmm, and this country has states. Hmmm, right, yes, we have thing know that. She says something nodding, like you've laid the Ten Commandments, some great pearl of wisdom, honest lady.
Speaker 2: She lays out a phrase that's so banal. I mean, you can't do it.
Speaker 4: You can't even believe that she said it. But then let's it hang there, like, huh, take a load of that ass.
Speaker 2: Huh. Small businesses the heartbeat of our nation.
Speaker 3: Lord, I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 4: So we'll play straight out of Marxism, straight out of Marxism.
Speaker 2: That that sentence.
Speaker 4: So there was that, and then there was some of the other things were things that I just hate that they work. She dropped the well, I'm gonna go after the billionaires who pay lower tax than the average worker that load of crap. I mean, it's just crap, but it pulls well and it works. So you know, what can I do about that?
Speaker 2: She's pleased with that. I don't. I'll bet Bill Whittaker walked out of there not liking her.
Speaker 4: I was thinking, he's like, he's hating her right now, but she interrupted him a couple of times. Let me finish, Bill, Nobody was thinking, you're not even answering the freaking question. Don't give me your let me finish. When you finish, you don't say anything, mister.
Speaker 3: Vice president, I'm speaking, yeah, speaking anyway.
Speaker 4: So we got that so grating and a bunch of other stuff, and once again I was overlooked for the Nobel Prize for physics. I got this whole slinky going down the stairs thing that I'm really proud of every year, overlooked but snubbed. It's because you're a white man. The actual winners are worth talking about. It could be in people look back on it in twenty years as devastating, horrifying, terrifying. Why didn't we see it coming Nobel Prize in physics. But let's start the show. Officially, I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this It is Tuesday, October eighth, the year twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: We are m strong in getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 4: Let's begin then officially according to FCC rules and regulations, far better funded than FEMA, apparently at mark.
Speaker 2: How are you going to pay for it?
Speaker 3: Well, one of the things I'm going to make sure that the richest among us who can afford it, pay their fair share in taxes.
Speaker 2: That old thing.
Speaker 4: Top one percent earners pay forty eight percent of in tax I wish one person would ever ask this question, because I think it's the It's the one I always ask. Anyways, if if paying half the taxes in the country by the top one percent is not their fair share, what would be? What do you think the proper share would be for one percent of the country to pay?
Speaker 2: They're paying half of.
Speaker 4: Everybody's taxes while half the country plays pay zero.
Speaker 2: So, uh, what should it be?
Speaker 4: Put a number on it, Tell me what the number should be for what the one percent pay?
Speaker 2: Should they be paying ninety percent of all of her taxes or what do you think it ought to be?
Speaker 4: My final comment, and this is what Chaff's my ask. They will trot to billionaires out there, the hedge fund guys and their tax situations complicated. We don't have time to get into it, but citing that is those guys is the reason the rich should pay their fair share than anybody who's finally, after decades of toil, gotten a little money in the bank and gotten a little success at their job or whatever. Maybe you're in your forty r fifties, your your sixties, you get hammered because the rationale applied to the billionaire hedge fund guy. Well, and the biggest problem to me is always if you have a tiny percentage paying most of the taxes, then nobody else needs to care about tax policy. So they don't care about all of these or spending policy, spending policies, all these wasteful programs, and whether they work or.
Speaker 2: Not, you don't care. It's very frustrating. We got mail bag on the way and a bunch of other stuff. Gonna be a big day. Stay here. What do I know? We got lots of stuff to catch you up on.
Speaker 4: I hope you can stick around today.
Speaker 2: Indeed a lot of good stuff. Here's your freedom of being. Quote of the day.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna paraphrase Huxley just because I came across a great job.
Speaker 2: Thomas Jefferson quote that's very similar.
Speaker 4: Huxley says something like the way to be happy is not to pursue happiness.
Speaker 2: It's you will find it in the pursuit of other things.
Speaker 4: Don't be focused on happiness, be focused on the things that need to be done. Jefferson, I love this. Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask act action will delineate and define you. It's interesting, interesting, thought less naval gazing more getting out there and doing something hum mailbag like dropping us a note. Mail bag at armstrong a geddy dot com. Don't sit in stew don't shout at your radio and or listening device, drop us a note. David from Mount Pleasant, South Carolina wants to know guys who still uses the word knucklehead. Is it the same people who still say malarkey.
Speaker 2: And I'm a knucklehead at times? This idea is a bunch of malarkey old guys.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Well, we're the same age as Tim Walls and uh malarkeye. I wouldn't say it unless I was just trying to be funny. Ironically, Yeah, knucklehead maybe.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Brian in border Town, South Dakota writes, Love Gaz, I'll keep short and sweet, thank you, Brian. On the topic of the border bill and Trump rejecting in how that's proof he wanted to have issue not solved the issue, he said, the fact that it was presented as a border security bill is misleading and disgusting. The bill proposed giving sixty billion dollars to Ukraine, but only twenty billion for border security improvements.
Speaker 2: Those are separate issues. Why are they putting them together?
Speaker 4: Just leading to taxpayers and a nice talking point for the Dems to fall back on, Not to mention that a number of the provisions of it.
Speaker 2: Were pretty pretty bad.
Speaker 4: There were some Republicans that were in favor of it, indeed, but a lot weren't.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: The follow up I wish Whitaker would have hit her with last night on that is you and your boss Joe Biden. You guys controlled the House, the Senate, and the presidency for a couple of years. Why didn't you do what you wanted to do with the border?
Speaker 2: Then? Right right?
Speaker 4: Scott writes, I just honored the victims of October seventh slaughter by yelling shalom mother efforts at a group of terrorist sympathizers in my little foothill leftist town in northern California. It's more satisfying than I could have ever imagined. Wow, best wishes Scott with the artificial ORDA. Thanks Scott was the artificial ORDA. That's a good sign off. It's a good moniker. Yeah, good morning, guys. I'm a high school teacher at a charter school in California. Love my job despite the garbage the state expects. I want to share a story that happened in one of my classes yesterday. As is tradition in our homeroom, one student reads a list mostly for laughs of it's the national day of whatever. We've done that ourselves. After doing so, one of my Muslim students stated that today also marked the one year anniversary of the beginning of the genocide against Palestine.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I literally stared blankly at this individual for a solid ten seconds in silence, along with the other students in the class, utter disbelief. How the rewriting of history is happening in just one year's time.
Speaker 2: Of the event. Wow.
Speaker 4: If I had not been so completely caught off guard, I would have replied, I think you mean one year today. One year ago today was when Israel was attacked by terrorists, with civilian men, women and children being savagely attacked, murdered, raped, and taken hostile.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't have known how.
Speaker 4: To react either. One you're caught off guard too in a classroom. How's the how's everybody going to react? And that would have been a tough situation, and Alnonymous signs off with I'll follow up with an update if this topic comes up again, and if I end up losing my job, right exactly, you got to think about losing your job starting to fight in the classroom. Wo wow, it's an odd It's almost a Heckler's veto thing. The most aggressive person you can't answer them because that might offend them words their aggression. Our job is so much different than it used to be in so many different ways, because this job is basically you take in a whole bunch of information. I was gonna say news, but it isn't always news. This is information of all different kinds, and then we try to figure out what we think is the most interesting to our audience and then give it to you. But there used to be just like you had the morning newspaper and two two cable channels or something, and and now got you know, picked up a magazine on the way into the station. Now you have infinite sources, some of them are crap or partially crap or whatever, and it's it's just so hard to figure out, and we have to guess what you know or don't know to a certain extent, because everybody gets their news from different sources now. But it seems like in conservative leaning and I don't even know if media is the right word, because you get through stuff through people forward you emails and tiktoks, you see in a Twitter thing that gets reposted on Facebook, and all that sort of stuff, in addition to maybe you watch the evening News or you saw Hannity last night or whatever. So anyway, it definitely feels like to me that on the right, it is a huge and constant story right now about the FEMA response to the Hurricane Helene. If you just read the New York Times or watch the evening News, you wouldn't have that sense at all, not even a little bit, really right, that people are just so incensed about this. So that's why the whole conversation that we talked about quite a bit yesterday, and we got into our big fungible discussion about female money and what Mayorcis has been saying. The guy who runs a department Homeland Security last week and he said we were out of money, when like two weeks early he said, we have plenty of money.
Speaker 2: This is what we do.
Speaker 4: We prepare for hurricanes and we're ready for the hurricane season. Then they get their first hurricane, it says we're out of money. And the response from a lot of people on the right was, well, what about all the money that you seem to have for illegals or all kinds of different things or Ukraine. From a certain point of view, it seems there is unlimited money available immediately at any any time it's needed for various causes, and then when Americans are faced with the worst, all of a sudden, sorry, we just wear out of money. Or if you want to bail out college students, even though it's a different you find it somewhere, you figure out a way to find it, or you just print more right anyway, So Peter Doocy got into that yesterday in the White House briefing room with KJP the spokesman, Worth pointing out, I think the two actually hate each other at this point. It used to be a bit of a front of me thing and uneasy chucklate. Now they're both short timers at this point, and they hate each other. I'll tell you what I think. I think she. You're right, I think she. I think she dislikes him because she finds him annoying and doesn't like his politics.
Speaker 2: I think he thinks she's stupid.
Speaker 4: And lying to him to his face and trying to make him look stupid. Anyway, we'll roll roll this and we might interject it now and then this.
Speaker 6: Issue of funding.
Speaker 7: The administration has money to send to Lebanon without Congress coming back.
Speaker 6: The Congress does have to come back to approve money to send to people in North Line. Do I have that right.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'm going to be very clear about. The President, the vice president has had a robust hole of government response to this. Hundreds of millions of dollars I said it at the top, more than two hundred million dollars that we have directly put towards survivors here for disaster help. And that's because of this President's commitment to make sure that we are there for communities that are impacted. We take this very seriously. Again, we take this very seriously. And before before the hurricane hit, we prepositions more than fifteen hundred federal folks on the ground to help, and so we have made sure that every state has gotten their storm requested emergency declaration. They requested it and we made sure they received it. We've taken this very seriously, more than two hundred million dollars that we have provided to the impacted areas. But instead people want to do disinformation, misinformation which is dangerous. Which is dangerous because then that when when folks on the ground hear that, they may not want to ask for the help that they need, that is there for them, That is there for them. That's our focus here.
Speaker 7: President Biden is fond of saying, show me your budget and I will tell you what you value. If he's got money for people in Lebanon right now without commerce having to come back, what does it say about his values.
Speaker 6: There's not enough money right now for people in North Carolina. That's not misinformation.
Speaker 1: Wait, no, that is your whole your whole premise of the question is misinformation, sir?
Speaker 2: What you don't.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, it's misinformation.
Speaker 6: I just mentioned.
Speaker 1: I just mentioned. I just mentioned to you that we provided more than two hundred million dollars two folks who are impacted in the area. And I just shared with you that people are deciding not to people are deciding not to not.
Speaker 6: The Congress that there's not enough money to help people.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the SBA disaster loan.
Speaker 6: That's money for people in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: And that's important and people in North Carolina need that. Cong Wait, this is nothing new, Peter, This is nothing new. Congress comes together, they provide money millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: For disaster relief.
Speaker 1: We're asking them to do the doubt that they have been doing for some time.
Speaker 6: And jeffries, the president's letter is not misinformation. Would you agree?
Speaker 1: No, the way you're asking me the question is misinformation. There is money that we are allocating to the impacted areas, and there's money there to help people who truly need it. There are survivors who need the funding, who need the funding, and it's there, and it's there.
Speaker 6: You don't like misinformation. I said that.
Speaker 1: I actually said, we have the money available to help survivors of Hurricane Helene and also Hurricane Milton.
Speaker 2: Now we're now.
Speaker 1: There's going to be a shortfall, right because we don't know how bad it's Hurricane Milton is going to be, and so we're going to need additional funding.
Speaker 2: We're going to need additional funding.
Speaker 6: Exactly what I said.
Speaker 1: What you're asking is why Congress needs to come back and do their job. That's what you're asking me. Congress needs to come back and do their job and provide it extra assistance, extra funding to disaster relief fund. That's what Congress needs to do, and we're going to continue to urge that. You may not want that, but that's okay. That's what this president wants, and that's what the Vice president wants.
Speaker 6: Thanks everybody.
Speaker 2: That's what I just asked you about, is what's there wasn't enough funding.
Speaker 4: You know, I've got to I'm battered into exhaustion by the complexity of the federal budget. You know, budgeting mechanisms and how money flows from here to there. It's it's pre designated or it's got to be authorized by Congress or whatever. I just well, so Joe here, here's behind the scenes. Joe said, it's more complicated than you think. In our pre show meeting, which I don't doubt. But what I don't is the Secretary of Homeland Security came out last week and said they don't have enough money. He just flat out said that they don't have enough money to deal with another hurricane?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 4: And they've they've spent up their budget. But why can't that be taken care of in like two minutes? Because you need Congress to authorize more money? Why currently? That's why I'm asking the same questions Peters. Well, for everything else, you figure out a way. We have three branches of government, Jack, but that doesn't matter. It doesn't matter for and I'm for giving money to Ukraine, but it doesn't seem to matter for all kinds of other things.
Speaker 2: They just figure out a way to make it happen.
Speaker 4: Student loans, they just find they'd find some one of eight million different laws or agencies or something to do it right right, which I think the problem though, is on that end, as opposed to the Congress needs to authorize more money end of it. Although certainly there are mechanisms for emergency funding, I would guess, but the first half of that or the second can't remember the second half where they create money out of thin air to do whatever the executive branch decides it ought to do in defiance of both Congress and the courts, is just grotesque. Overreached by the executive branch. It's kingly and we see that over and over again, so that when anybody says, hey, Congress needs to authorize more money because we've had more disasters than usual, it seems arbitrary and unfair. This seems to happen in government a lot, probably on both sides, if I were to think about it for five minutes. But you you if you don't really It's exactly what Peter Deocey was saying there about it shows your priorities. If it's something you really want to do, you make it happen. You don't follow the rules, you don't worry about the Supreme Court, you don't worry about Congress, you don't worry about anything.
Speaker 2: You make it happen.
Speaker 4: But if you don't really want to do something, then you fall back on the wall. There are three branches of government, and it's Congress's role to deal with this and deal with that, or the spring blah blah orror, and or if you are prostituting the executive branch to buy votes. Then you do it the fast and loose way. You find that money through some you know, immoral, unconstitutional means or just created out of thin air or whatever. And as you pointed out, for many many years, when a state budget, for instance, is struggling because of the bad governance and they're trying to rationalize raising taxes, they will always fall back on teachers and firefighters and nurses or whatever. And in the same way, I think the Democrats say, hey, natural disaster. We see we said we need more money for the natural disaster. We're not going to say for the corrupt freaking teachers, unions or longshoremen or whatever are you know, food, feeding, clothing and medicating eleven million illegal immigrants, because people will revolt if we say we need higher taxes for that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I didn't even finish my own thought, which was going to be probably the correct way to look at all this is they is uh, this stuff Peter Deucey was talking about, they shouldn't be doing Whenever you need money for this or that, you come up with it.
Speaker 2: But they shouldn't be doing that, so it wouldn't be a.
Speaker 4: We should cut back on doing that going around Congress and everything like that, as opposed to more often going around Congress. But given the fact that people are their houses are underwater and femas claiming they don't have enough money, now is not really the time to straighten that out. I suppose yeah, And I guess my bottom line because of the complexity again of federal budgeting and funding that sort of thing, and it's I mean, it's the complexity is such that the Speaker pro tem of the Senate only has half an idea of how it works. The bottom line is it's just impossible to take to watch when Americans are an acute, severe need for all of a sudden, Well, you got a budget to money, and Congress is going it holds the persprange. Wait a minute, I don't care if I don't understand federal budgeting. That wasn't a factor when you were buying votes with your unconstitutional student loan forgiveness.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's really tough to do.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 4: In reality, there's not a single dollar available to bail out college students in their loans, not dollar. But they've come up with what is it, how many hundreds of millions of dollars billions millions of dollars rather somewhere. So yeah, if it's your priority, and like you said, for votes, you seem to magically be able to figure it out. They have a political problem with this, though, A good chunk of the country thinks they're not prioritizing.
Speaker 2: Victims of the hurricane.
Speaker 4: And well, and if I was going to crank up a narrative, I'd say, isn't it suspicious that all of those virtually all of those counties that are sober leaguered are read they will vote Trump. One interesting angle will be if if this sort of thing happens in floor, if DeSantis actually calls it.
Speaker 2: Out, because he might. Yeah.
Speaker 4: More on that after a quick word from our friends at Prize Picks, America's number one daily fantasy sports app with over five million active members. Prize Picks is the easiest and most exciting way to play daily fantasy sports. Unlike other apps, on Prize Picks, it's just you against the numbers. All you have to do is pick more or less on a two to six players stat projections and then watch the winnings roll in.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of the fun, but not so much of the work.
Speaker 4: Of like doing a fantasy football team where you got to spend hours and hours and hours all the time. You can get involved in this just like a moment's notice. How a good time and win up to one hundred times your money on Prize Picks with as little as four correct picks right now, and you can get that money in about fifteen minutes is all it takes. Prize Picks invented the flex play, which means you can still cash out even if your lineup isn't perfect. You can double your money even if one of your picks doesn't hit. So download the Prize Picks app today and use the code Armstrong to get fifty bucks instantly when you play five that's the coat Armstrong on Prize Picks to get fifty bucks instantly when you play just five dollars. You don't even need to win to receive the fifty dollars bonus. Its guaranteed. Prize Picks run your game. As I was talking to an NFL insider last night, I was about to say you should always bet the over on Patrick Mahomes. I was talking to somebody last night who actually doesn't like the Chiefs but is an NFL a person and said everybody should just if you like the NFL, appreciate Patrick Mahomes because he's a like once in a lifetime whatever. He is just ridiculous. Chiefs are now five and oh after winning. I'm gonnay have FOOTBA last night, but his ability to make a play happen when it looks like it was over thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Ago is just ridiculous. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the team that was going to challenge them for the Super Bowl once again, the Mighty forty nine Ers of San Francisco two and three.
Speaker 2: Ooh, well, what are you gonna do? It's a long you're gonna do. T Swizzle was there.
Speaker 4: She showed up, so rumors that the relationship is on the rocks put that to rest. Taylor Swift was in the booth kissing Patrick mahomes wife. Right, usual Niners desperately needed a celebrity girlfriend. Brock Perty, I know you've got a beautiful girl you love. Forget it, get rid of her. Find a movie star. I mean it's an influencer. Somebody, yes, anybody, whatever, quickly, We've got Katie's headlines on the way. Stay here, armstrong, Hetty.
Speaker 2: I want to talk a little bit about.
Speaker 9: The poles Meta poles, not a particular pole, but like meta where the polling is right now and some of the analysis from the super smart people pretty interesting.
Speaker 4: And if you lean Trump, you might like it. If you lean Harris, you might like it, depending on what you're gonna believe. So get to that a little bit later. Let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green. Katie, thank you, guys.
Speaker 8: NBC News Hurricane Milton Live updates. Florida is bracing for a direct hit from a monster storm.
Speaker 2: Man. My niece sent me a picture.
Speaker 4: She's in Orlando for some college internship program doing something with Disney, I guess anyway, she was in line for gas for hours last night in the Orlando area and then they ran out of gas. So all the thousands of vehicles that had been waiting in line for hours and hours and hours went to a different gas station and waited.
Speaker 2: Line for hours and hours and hours. Getting very hush.
Speaker 4: But I just saw a thing where and that's before you sit in traffic for hours and hours and hours trying to inch your way out of you know, that part of Florida. I just saw some meteorologists are saying there needs to be a category six for hurricanes to encompass what Milton is doing.
Speaker 2: Right now, which is interesting.
Speaker 4: It's going to push a hell of a lot of water on shore for various reasons.
Speaker 2: That's that's the key, that's the real danger in this one. From a National Review.
Speaker 8: Hundreds of anti Israel protesters demonstrate at Columbia University on anniversary of October seventh.
Speaker 2: Nuts.
Speaker 4: These kids have been raised being and you can indoctrinate a child into anything.
Speaker 2: They're incredibly malleable.
Speaker 4: And we have, under our watch, allowed the Academia of America from K through grad school to indoctrinate these kids into radical anti colonial Marxist theory their whole lives, of all the things, of all the causes you could get involved in to give your energy.
Speaker 2: Two, you choose that one up with his Lombists. Yeah, beautiful. From Fox News.
Speaker 8: President Biden promotes Press Secretary Kareem John Pierre to a new top roll in promotion to senior advisor for the President yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what, she's a good looking woman. The way she was dressed yesterday. She puts a lot of effort into her outfits and everything like that hum secretary of garbled Nuns. She doesn't swing my way, so it doesn't do me a good to flatterer.
Speaker 8: From the New York Post, Diddies a List pals are quietly paying off victims to avoid being publicly named.
Speaker 4: Dah oh rampant behind the scenes. Nune on disclosure agreements. Hello, would that'd be a tough one too. We should talk about that later. If you're a victim, do you get involved in the trial, have everybody know exactly what happened to you, relive the pain, or you just take a giant check and move on with your life.
Speaker 2: I can see I can see it well.
Speaker 4: And what if I'm an actor with a good reputation, musician, whatever, And I was at one of those free coughs I like wandered past and I'm like, oh, I don't want any part of that, And somebody saw me, and now they're going to say, hey, I'm just going to say you were at the freak cough because you were, And I'm thinking, oh boy, right.
Speaker 8: From brightbart dot com, Ben Affleck and Son stranded on highway after their electric truck dies.
Speaker 2: Wow, damn the luck.
Speaker 8: Your meme of the day thought This was funny. There should be a calorie refund for things that didn't taste as good as you expected.
Speaker 2: No kidding, govind like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had one of those experiences the other day. Disappointing. Key lime Pie. AM still down about it.
Speaker 8: And finally the Babylon Bee Hamas clarifies they meant to start the type of war where they can go do whatever they want and no one gets to fight back.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right. Wow beautifully said, that is exactly right. God, those militant college students, how long is it going to take to deprogram them?
Speaker 2: Can't?
Speaker 4: I don't think you can think they're lost. We lost a generation or two.
Speaker 2: So prison camp are strong and getty