Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at the stocks on the move today. I'm Tim Steneviek along with Carol Master. We are joined by Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent Normal Linda. Did you find any stocks that we're moving lower?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'll save that for a little later. We're going to start with one that's in the green. I'm looking at shares of Home Depot. This is the company that reported We did see pretty much a beat across the border, especially as we look at the key metrics for sales. But there's still a lot of concern out in the market. People are thinking about the macroeconomic environment and how it still continues to weigh on the real estate industry and any sort of home improvement related company. So you do see shares of Home Depot on the rise or up about two point three percent right now as we speak. If you take a look at the year to day basis, they're up about almost twelve percent so far this year. But as I was speaking to so and is we're really seeing a lot of people talking about on Wall Street. It's just still that concern as to whether or not we're actually able to see this company being able to really weather the storm that is the macro and some saying that we've been seeing this for years after year after year. Maybe how many people need to get a little bit more creative with how they're actually able to grapple with this situation that's not their.
Speaker 5: Fault, yeah, I mean tied to the consumer, right, like projects and contractors, right, that's a big part of their business, right, So uh yeah, we'll.
Speaker 4: Have to keep an eye. I mean earlier hit it's highest since November, and we do have its peer Lowe's reporting tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, check of retail eighty five dollars stock. Yeah, it's still pricey. I don't know, I don't know what I would not say that, but it's you said maybe maybe say maybe, I don't know that's operative word there.
Speaker 5: All right, Let's go to something we were talking about a lot on Monday, right, the battle between Novo and Elilu.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, Tim, you want some decliners want take a look at Novo Nordis take our Envo tick r ll Y both declining. We know that this story continues to evolve, as we've been seeing the most of them kind of going head to head. But the latest news is that Novo Nordis plans to slash the US prices for its medicines will Gov and Ozembic next year. We know that this is a company that's really been struggling when we think about itself keeping up as a major competitor in this space as we think about the obesity weight loss drug industry more broadly. They're saying that the lower prices could reduce out of pocket costs for some customers that have insurance that requires them to cover a larger portion of their drug costs. But we'll have to see how this trickles out. But as for now on Wall Street, it seems as though people are still a bit skeptical, skeptical about the company as a whole, and you're seeing its peer Eliley also falling after this news.
Speaker 5: Maybe they're just cranky over yesterday's news, right, they had some disappointment and maybe yeah, to go up against an Eli Lilly product, and maybe they're just like, we'll take that, We'll just devices. I'm just guessing Vice is notculating not good for companies, but good for consumers. Yeah, hopefully right, Yeah, all right, I love this. We talked about this, We all are talking about this a lot. Advanced micro devices.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean, we can't keep our eyes off of tech at this point, as we've really been digging into some of these companies. Shares of AMD today up about nine percent right now in the trade. This is, of course, after Meta said that it would buy the company's chips and computers designed to run AI models. We see AMD as a second best performing stock in the S and P five hundred today, So clearly Wall Street is taking a liking to this. Take a look at shares of AMD, though year to date not too much action. They're what just below flat on the year, down about one tenth of a percent year to date here in twenty twenty six. But this deal in particular is expected to begin in the second half of twenty twenty six, and they're saying that it'll be worth double digit billions of dollars per gigawatt, So massive action that we're seeing here, and certainly you're seeing Wall Street taking a liking.
Speaker 5: An AMD was a star last year. Is that like seventy seven, seventy eight percent.
Speaker 3: So yeah's I'm slicking at the year today, Yeah, glad. But at two hundred and fifteen dollars a share right now today, it's surging. And remember, as Ed reminded us.
Speaker 5: Six ninety nine, what was this six six it has.
Speaker 1: To do, yeah, for one of the warrants, for one of the warrants for Meta.
Speaker 3: This is it's the structure of the deal is a little different than other you know, quote unquote deals that we've seen between the hyperscalers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Met as a different company too, because it's not it's doesn't sell capacity like you know, these other providers like an AWS or Microsoft. So yeah, yeah, it's still still questions about the you know, quote unquote circular funding.
Speaker 5: But if it exercises all those if Meta exercises all those warrants, right, they could become a very significant shareholder in AMD.
Speaker 2: This stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay. And Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App.