Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: In New York City in America.
Speaker 3: That looks over. I'm Saren Oberman, and it.
Speaker 4: Is election days. Did you vote?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: Too bad, because it's too late. Democracy is ruined because of you, unless you did vote, in which case that nerd. Anyway, we've got a great show for you tonight, So let's get right into headlines.
Speaker 4: Let's kick things off with some politics.
Speaker 6: Yesterday we talked about a new poll that shows Joe Biden doing much worse than you might think. Now another poll today shows someone doing much better than you might think.
Speaker 7: So take a look at this twenty twenty four election. This is if RFK Junior is in the.
Speaker 4: Mix thirty three percent Biden, thirty five percent Trump, twenty four percent Kennedy.
Speaker 8: He is the highest polling independent in decades and could potentially take millions of votes from either candidate.
Speaker 5: Twenty two percent one pole, twenty four percent in another.
Speaker 6: That is the kind of numbers we haven't seen since Ross Burow.
Speaker 9: RFK Junior is an overwhelming source of misinformation and disinformation, A purveyor of vile conspiracy theories and fake science. He's linked chemicals in our water supply to gender dysphoria, antidepressants to school shootings, and assisted COVID vaccines were a tool to control people via microchips.
Speaker 4: That's right. Robert F.
Speaker 6: Kennedy is in a three way race with Trumpump, and Biden, which is definitely the worst three way a Kennedy.
Speaker 4: Has ever been a part of it.
Speaker 6: If he gets twenty four percent in the election, it would be the best showing for a third party candidate since Teddy Roosevelt. And because our FK is anti vax it would be the best showing for polio since Franklin Roosevelt. On one hand, it could be historic. America could set the record for hiring the world's oldest NEPO baby. On the other hand, this guy is crazy, and he's not like Trump crazy where it's obvious right away. I mean, as soon as you see Trump, you're like, oh, yeah, this, I know this.
Speaker 4: This is a broken man.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: RFK is like so boring.
Speaker 6: You got to be talking for twenty minutes before you realize he just said pesticides make people trans Wow, kill bugs and be your authentic self.
Speaker 4: Sign me up.
Speaker 6: And I liked OURFK Junior back when he was the like clean water guy, why couldn't we get that RFK?
Speaker 4: Getting this RFK is like.
Speaker 6: Getting a Giuliani post sideburned drip.
Speaker 4: Bottom line, this is not good.
Speaker 6: You got one candidate who doesn't believe in vaccines and two others who were alive when they were invented.
Speaker 4: Oh, don't be ridiculous.
Speaker 6: Let's move on, because whoever is president is going to have to handle a lot of problems, beginning with an interspecies war on the high seas.
Speaker 8: We're back with another killer whale attack in the high seas.
Speaker 4: Orca's sank three boats.
Speaker 8: Off Spain earlier this year, and guess what they are at it again. Orca's surrounded this Polish yacht sailing through the Strait of Gibraltar, ramming the vessel for forty five minutes until it sank. The crew is okay, and experts still aren't sure why the whales are being so aggressive.
Speaker 6: Oh, you aren't sure why the orcas are being aggressive?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Maybe because we keep stuffing their blowholes with empty bottles of mountain dew code red. I don't know why we're surprised this is happening. They're literally called killer whales. Are we also surprised when a blue whale is blue or a sperm whale guzzle sperm, but.
Speaker 4: Gave credit to the yacht owners.
Speaker 6: They put up a valiant defense against the orcas by yelling.
Speaker 4: Do you know who my father is? Still, it didn't.
Speaker 6: Work, and nobody knows what to do about this. All I know is if orcas are going to keep destroying yachts, Jeff Bezos has a yacht.
Speaker 4: And finally, some big news from the tech world.
Speaker 6: Two years ago, the office sharing startup we Work began selling stock to the public, and if you had the foresight and courage to invest in it at the time, I have some terrible news.
Speaker 8: For you now to the stunning downfall of a company that was once the most valuable startup in the US. This morning, office space rental company we Work is hoping to rework its business, filing for Chapter eleven bankruptcy. The company, once privately valued at forty seven billion dollars, announcing the move overnight after years of controversies and poor performance, shares plummeting ninety eight percent since twenty twenty one, trading it just eighty three cents yesterday.
Speaker 6: Holy shit, we Work went from a forty seven billion dollar company to bankruptcy. Somewhere out there, lawn Musk is going ooh, challenge accepted.
Speaker 4: You know what, maybe this is an opportunity.
Speaker 6: America has a homelessness crisis, and We Work has all of the empty building space. You see where I'm going with this, right, we need to give the WeWork guy another one hundred billion dollars on homelessness.
Speaker 4: We're more on We Works collapse. Let's go live out to.
Speaker 6: Their headquarters with Ronnie Chang. Ronnie, Ronnie.
Speaker 4: What a fall from grace for We Work.
Speaker 1: Yes, Sarah, it's so shocking.
Speaker 2: Hooker predicted We Work would fail with such a genius invention and office building.
Speaker 1: What a game changer.
Speaker 2: No one had ever thought of working in a building before. We're all just out in the rain, our laptops getting soaked.
Speaker 4: What can we learn from a collapse like this.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a lot of complicated financial technicalities involved, but I'd say the main lesson here is don't invest in stupid shit, which I know is hard for America since most companies are stupid. I mean, remember that Thorano's lady with the totalneck. She got like a billion dollars for inventing a box full of oaken, glass and blood.
Speaker 1: At least she had something. Okay.
Speaker 2: The crypto people were like, hey, remember those coins Mario would collect. Well for fifty grand I can get you one without having the punch a turtle. And everyone was like, sign me up.
Speaker 6: But Ronnie, to be fair, bad ideas are sometimes how you get the good ideas.
Speaker 1: That's a terrible idea, Sarah. Okay.
Speaker 2: The fact is this has been a disgraceful.
Speaker 1: Period for America. This is the land of innovation.
Speaker 2: America had had a son he in mended the light bulb, Henry Ford, who invented the assembly line, and Benjamin Franklin, who invented being bald while also having long hair.
Speaker 6: All right, so what do we do with all the remaining properties that we work as left behind?
Speaker 2: Well, you're in luck, Sarah, because I have a business idea of my own. Ask yourself, what do people in cities really need?
Speaker 4: Affordable housing?
Speaker 1: Okay, relax MSNBC.
Speaker 2: In practical terms, what people really need above all else is a comfortable place to shit.
Speaker 1: Right one way, You.
Speaker 2: Don't have to pretend you're gonna buy a.
Speaker 1: Bad claw when you're done. I'm talking about a place where I can take a dump, where you can take a dump.
Speaker 10: There's no liberal dumps or conservative dumps, just dumps of all colors and consistencies, where black girls and Asian boys can take a dump in peace without someone jiggling a handle every five minute.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're in here. We're all in here.
Speaker 2: And to make it happen, all I need is twenty billion dollars and a couple of Glade plugins.
Speaker 1: Because America doesn't need a.
Speaker 2: Place to work, We just need a place to do our business, right.
Speaker 10: Thank you, Thank you, God bless America so full of proof, everybody.
Speaker 4: I think we're all transpired. Let me come back.
Speaker 6: I hit the streets to find someone to smoke with, so don't go away.
Speaker 3: When you think of New.
Speaker 6: York City, you think of shopping and getting stabbed on the subway, but also shopping. So this week I checked out the latest product to hit the shelves in this great city of ours.
Speaker 4: Check it out, Hey, y'all, it's your old cale Sarah Silverman. And I'm back in New.
Speaker 6: York City, where now weed is so legal they have stores stores with weed.
Speaker 4: I mean, what is this? Twenty three other states?
Speaker 7: Great?
Speaker 6: But could I find someone to smoke this fancy new legal wed with Do you guys smoke pot?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah?
Speaker 6: You buy it from the store now, or do you guys still are you loyal to your old dealers?
Speaker 7: Used to have to go all around. I'm like, hey, I got a text, you a menu, So now you just go down the corner and then.
Speaker 5: There's like a store right there.
Speaker 6: I noticed a couple of you have walkie talkies.
Speaker 4: Is it for work?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, this is Sarah Silverman.
Speaker 6: I just want to let you know that Curtis has diarrhea.
Speaker 4: And he might be a little bit late.
Speaker 6: Okay, well these guys didn't get stoner comedy, but maybe i'd find some bud buddies at one of the new licensed dispensaries like the Union Square travel agency, where buying drugs feels.
Speaker 4: Like, well, a little bit like making an appointment at the not so genius part.
Speaker 8: So when you'll legalize, they granted the first licenses, so people being fullerly incostrated.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 6: When I first moved to New York City, the way I got weed was I call my dealer, get into his Toyota Yaris and have to sit in a smelly car while I listen to his band's demo and here I mean.
Speaker 4: Are you in a band?
Speaker 8: Not in a band?
Speaker 7: It's refreshing.
Speaker 6: Instead of dealers without professional boundaries, these new dispensaries have weed baristas aka bud tenders. I want the giggles and the creativity of a sativa with the feeling like I'm being held by like a sixteen foot man cradled like a baby.
Speaker 8: We have something for that, really, So what's your preferred method of consumption?
Speaker 4: Do you have anything that I can.
Speaker 6: Put up anally, like as a full story of some kind, not with weed.
Speaker 7: In it, just anything.
Speaker 1: Not here?
Speaker 7: Are you high right now?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: I'd like to speak to a manager.
Speaker 1: Please, non high weed dealers.
Speaker 4: What a strange new world.
Speaker 6: At least the customers were just like in the old days.
Speaker 4: What are you guys gonna do when you're high?
Speaker 7: We giggle?
Speaker 6: Yeah, lah laugh and do we get intimate?
Speaker 4: We get intimate and we get brownies. What's brownie?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 4: Is that kind of some kind of sex or chemism?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: It was an actual brownie.
Speaker 7: We're old fashioned.
Speaker 8: Just brownies.
Speaker 4: Well that sounds good.
Speaker 6: That's right up my alley. Can I get high with you?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 4: When it's time to get intimate.
Speaker 7: You know, one of you guys will have to leave.
Speaker 6: Can we choose extrawsh And people aren't just using weed to enhance their eating and love making.
Speaker 1: It helps with a lot.
Speaker 7: Of anxiety or just like bet Nerve pushing button where you're just like, I don't want to talk to you anymore.
Speaker 6: It's like I feel like you smoke pot and you realize that nothing you're worried about matters.
Speaker 4: I mean, basically we're already dead.
Speaker 6: These users were so stoked on their legal weed. It seems like anyone could sell it to them notes of.
Speaker 4: Hickory, like anyone at all? What ils are you trying to solved with drugs?
Speaker 7: I'm just looking to get higher than it ever been.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just ultimate high, Like, yeah, we can do that with this st that's going to be seven hundred and thirty eight dollars perni.
Speaker 4: It is expensive, but it is cheaper than therapy. That's all in all.
Speaker 6: It's crazy to think that something you can buy now for a lot of money in a fancy store used to get people sent to prison, and many are still there. There are people here that were put in.
Speaker 4: Prison for weed crimes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it would be great if there was a radical exchange of wealth with people who have served time for something that politicians are making.
Speaker 4: Millions from now.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm stoned.
Speaker 6: I still hadn't found anyone to smoke with besides the horny brownie lovers, But as usual, New York City didn't let me down.
Speaker 4: This is crazy.
Speaker 6: We're actually doing a story about people smoking weed in New York.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm smoking weed in ner right now.
Speaker 4: That's crazy and you're doing it. What kind of weed is this?
Speaker 10: So this is like sativa as a cookies blend, you know, classic. But I get it from a smoke shop.
Speaker 4: You get it illegally from a deli, Well.
Speaker 5: From a smoke shop.
Speaker 7: You gotta be careful with what you give. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, my guy showed me photos of where he grows and stuff, so I trust him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is a picture of it. He It's definitely true.
Speaker 6: Which led me to address the most serious question that this issue had raised. I've got a dog at home, Like, do you think she loves me? Or do you think it's just like I'm the person that feeds her, so she just plays ball?
Speaker 1: Your dog is love? And that might be what you need.
Speaker 10: And even if it's not directed to you, that's the love you got.
Speaker 5: Like, that's you, your dog.
Speaker 7: So does it matter?
Speaker 6: I guess it doesn't really matter whether you get your weed from a fancy dispensary or as part of some tragically misguided drug war, as long as you smoke it with a friend.
Speaker 4: My dog is love. I could cry. That's so beautiful.
Speaker 5: Love.
Speaker 4: My dog is love. Love made a mess on the carpet, and love clean that mess up. It's all love.
Speaker 6: That Cat Hohannan will tell me how human evolution your driven?
Speaker 3: Sell my guest tonight.
Speaker 6: As a researcher and author of the New York Times bestseller Eve, How the Female Body Drove two hundred million years of human evolution. Please welcome, Cat Bohannan, Lett Dominatedrix Barbie.
Speaker 7: I know, I know. Is it kink or is it business casual? You don't know. You don't gotta know. Hey, everybody, how's that hanging a little to the left?
Speaker 6: Then, so, okay, you set out to prove that the human body drove human evolution?
Speaker 4: What did you discover?
Speaker 5: One of the central things I discovered was that we are garbage at making babies.
Speaker 7: Just the entire species.
Speaker 5: This is actually a flaming garbage pile. This is the technical term, right. Yeah, so you wouldn't think so, right, because we have eight billion people in the world, right, so you think that we are obviously good.
Speaker 7: At popping them out. But no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 5: Actually, our pregnancies and burghs and postpartum recoveries are harder, longer, and more prone to dangerous and crippling and sometimes murdery complications than they are in most any other primate, well except for a squirrel monkey, and we feel real bad for her.
Speaker 7: But also also most other mammals.
Speaker 5: Actually, we do, in fact suck at this, and that changes how you understand the story of the female body. Yeah, that changes how you understand what all this is for. It's not that it is our destiny to make babies to be fulfilled or.
Speaker 4: Something wasn't mine.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, no, no, no, I mean I love my kids, but I'm good to be done with that. No, it's more it's more like it's how we do it, particularly as a species, is so bad that there are many fail safes. There are many things built into kind of brace for impact. Yeah, it's more like that. Yeah, that there are ways in which our immune system has adapted because the placenta down regulates the immune system. So you know, since you don't want to die of infection when you're pregnant, maybe your immune system runs.
Speaker 7: A little hot the rest of us the time.
Speaker 5: Right, It may be the case that we breastfeed the way that we do. It may be the case that we have menstruation the way that we do in each case because we are actually just trying not to die.
Speaker 6: Oh, I see, and from what I read that you found. What you found was that all of this medical research in science has been based on the what do we say, cis male sex at birth.
Speaker 4: I'm progressive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's just dicks all the way down, so instead of turtles quite exactly exactly, So this is true in biological research. This is true in biomedical research. We are only studying males, right, And it's basically because this thing we call a menstrual cycle, which a biologist would call an estrous cycle, is just so messy and complicated. Right, So you have this slope of hormones that's doing all kinds of things in a female body if you're studying mammals, so maybe just don't then.
Speaker 7: Don't want study them. That seemed to be the solution.
Speaker 4: Icy, just yeah, let's not deal with.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's not like there was any sexis couple. I'm not saying there isn't sexism. It's more like it's not necessarily sexism that was driving it. It's more that there was a kind of unspoken agreement in biology, Oh, we'll solve this problem, this messy, messy chick problem in rats, mostly by not studying the female. Yeah, which means that by the time you get to doing biological research that might lead to pharmaceuticals, well, then it may not have been studied on females at all. And then, in fact, many of the medications that are on the market today have never been studied on females at all. From rat to dog, too often human.
Speaker 6: I know, I know so many women who went to the doctor over and over again with crippling pain, sent home, told to take a tilet I'll told that it's in their head, and it was endometriosis, which men don't get.
Speaker 4: So this is what listening to you.
Speaker 6: I listened to you on a podcast and you were talking about that and talking about how inflammation works different in a female body and.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, the lack of studying endo. Oh that is just sexism.
Speaker 5: Actually, unfortunately when and we're just starting to come back around and really start to model how that's working. So there is some good news on the horizon, but it's slow going.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But the reason that we didn't understand that women are more likely to wake up on the surgery table is because we hadn't properly studied sex differences in anesthesia.
Speaker 7: Now it's rare, don't I know, it's nightmare.
Speaker 4: Fuel, but I don't wake up.
Speaker 7: No, No, it's cool.
Speaker 5: But like it's very very rare, but again, a bit of a sex difference there. So the moral imperative of studying female bodies is clear.
Speaker 7: But that book would not exist if.
Speaker 5: It weren't for all of the amazing often women and people of color scientists who are driving the new research, who are finding new things out which are really cool.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, well, first of all, I just want to say about the anesthesia. I had throat surgery once and they gave me anesthesia and I said it's not enough, and then they didn't believe me, and then I proved it by explaining Brexit.
Speaker 4: It was around that time they were like, oh yeah, she needs a little more juice.
Speaker 6: You know, the amazing things you're finding out as you do.
Speaker 4: The amazing thing sorry that you're finding out.
Speaker 6: I mean, I couldn't believe when I heard you talking about breastfeeding and that the nipple has sensors and the mouth of the baby has sensors and they communicate and if the baby is sick, the nipple will like readjust the titty milk right there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, this is Craig. You want me to talk about the upsick because I can.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, upside Oh yeah, it's exactly what it sounds like, upsuc k.
Speaker 7: So when okay, so here's a boob.
Speaker 5: Let's say it is fine, I mean or here but yeah, right, you know, and so if you are properly latching and you're a newborn, you are touching onto this whole boob structure kind of lamprey like, right, and you're forming.
Speaker 7: A docking seal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you form a vacuum by sucking in your cheeks and roll in the tongue back under that.
Speaker 7: It's actually very invasive to think about it. I had to. I'm glad to be ed anyway.
Speaker 5: But yeah, so what you're doing though, is because you're moving the tongue under that nipple.
Speaker 7: You newborn, not you, maybe you, but not you.
Speaker 5: Right that you're moving the focus of the.
Speaker 7: It's just physics. You're moving the focus of that vacuum back and forth in that enclosed space.
Speaker 5: What that does is it creates a tide, just like you've seen on the shores of California, right.
Speaker 7: So you have the milk.
Speaker 5: Coming in and the wave on the top, and underneath the tide, of course, you have an undertoe. So what's happening is the baby's spit is being sucked back into the mom's boob, where it then distributes through her ductyl work and is read like some weird ancient code by an army of immuno agents and sensors, which then taylor.
Speaker 7: The milk to suit. If the kid is sick, the milk changes. Yeah, m hm, so cool.
Speaker 5: The milk changes, it changes, it does. This is a two way communication platform. You know.
Speaker 6: It's so weird because it's like we're like machines were like nature. We're like, I don't know, and I look at outer space and then I see like the inside of a human body.
Speaker 4: It all that kind of.
Speaker 6: Looks the same that wasn't on these cards. I'm salling, but oh yeah, I asked you this, right, I like you. Thank you. You're doing great too.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is research getting any better with this stuff?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yes, and that is the absolutely good news.
Speaker 5: I mean it's often intergenerational. Yeah, there is some resistance from the old guard. It's not like that's new to science. That's kind of in any industry when you have a social shift, when you have a paradigm shift in understanding what you're doing.
Speaker 7: So there is some resistance by the people who are giving the scientists the grants.
Speaker 5: There is some resistance from the old people because it's not nothing to change your mind. What is it to be told that for decades you may be a nobel laureate. In fact, sometimes you know we're wrong about something.
Speaker 7: That's actually a hard shift, that's hard to do.
Speaker 5: There are many older scientists who are leading the guard, but there are some who are not.
Speaker 7: So that's the thing.
Speaker 5: But no new generation coming in doing all the new science. And it's like the wild West out there, man, Like anywhere you look for a sex difference in mammals, you kind of find one, right, which also means that we don't entirely know what's going to matter in the long run, right, you know, because it's new. It's not just cutting edge science. It's like bleeding edge science, right, but it's cool and.
Speaker 7: It's moving forward.
Speaker 4: It isn't necessarily gendered.
Speaker 6: It's gendered in that it's like what your sex at birth is. But like you were talking about the male and female brain and that they're indistinguishable.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Now don't do this at home.
Speaker 5: But if you do, hold two cadaver brains in your hands, if there's a case happens upon you, I can't imagine why. But if you were and nobody prepped you to say this one came from a biologically male body, this one came from a female body.
Speaker 7: There's actually no way for you to know.
Speaker 5: There may be some minor sex differences in myelination, some ratio of gray matter in one region, but in the exact same brain in another region it'll have the opposite pattern.
Speaker 7: It's more like a sex mosaicism.
Speaker 5: The only way to tell for sure is to literally shove them in a blender, sluice them down.
Speaker 7: We've done this. Sluice them down, count.
Speaker 5: The cells and sequence the DNA, and you're gonna have to do a number of them, because females who have given birth to males may well have some of his cells up in their brains just reprolace some wise, like some actual wise.
Speaker 7: That's how we know that there's chimerism.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like I have a son and his cells are apparently probably in my brain just doing something I don't know what, right, Yeah, but that is the only way to know, just sequencing the DNA, which is some cool you.
Speaker 6: Know, she's really cool, right, Like you talk about science, but it sounds.
Speaker 4: Like beat poetry.
Speaker 1: I would say.
Speaker 4: For a book that is all about.
Speaker 6: The female form and the female body and all that stuff, you talk a lot about dicks.
Speaker 4: Like why so much dick?
Speaker 5: I do? There's a surprising amount of dong in this book.
Speaker 7: That is true. It's true.
Speaker 5: I mean it's like a woman holding a cell phone, like, did there need to be that much penis in here?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Apparently the answer is yes, because vaginas.
Speaker 7: And penis is not for your phone.
Speaker 5: But in this case, vaginas and penises co evolve in all species that have them, which means you can't like talk about the evolution of the vadge without talking about the coevolution of its I don't know, excitable partner, right, maybe eager, earnest, earnest partner.
Speaker 7: Yes, they try real hard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's like a penis, like an inside an outside vagina. Don't put them in. No, I don't really know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Now. You actually be surprised how scientifically accurate that question is, my dear.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: Actually, when the genitals are forming in those early weeks in the wombs, they all form from the same bud essentially, and there's a diagram of it in the book, very nicely done. Yeah, And they're essentially the same thing for a long time, and what becomes the clitterists in a typical female tangle.
Speaker 6: When you said clitterish, you know, you know, extends out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: So it's not that it's an inside out vagina, but it is true that it is remarkably from the same stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But why should men read your book? Should men read your book?
Speaker 7: I think so for their own good. So the thing is they can read my book and care about it to.
Speaker 4: Learn about the human body like all the books we.
Speaker 5: Read, or we can cut off their balls.
Speaker 6: This is a great ending point and yet I feel I'd like to know if you would like to.
Speaker 7: Expound, I will see. The thing is, let's talk about sex and longevity. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The thing is is that there are many ways to extend a male mammals lifespan to make them live longer. We know that females generally live longer and males don't across mammals. But the one thing that you can do that's more reliable than just about anything else is.
Speaker 7: Castrated cut off as balls.
Speaker 5: This is and we know this because we have caught out thousands of balls. Okay for science, right, So we have done rat balls, We have done rodents of all types.
Speaker 7: We have done dogs. You've probably done that.
Speaker 5: Well, you paid a guy, but that adds like a year and a half domestic dogs, life.
Speaker 7: Pigs and monkeys and humans. We have the data in humans.
Speaker 5: The Korean court, the Korean Imperial Court, kept very good medical records and had unix American men in the mid century who were hospitalized, usually for mental illness. And because the history of eugenics is horrific, we're also castrated. Very good medical records and a Central Asian tradition too. All of these castrated males lived longer, healthier lives than their regularly bald peers. And I'm not talking about a small gain. It's an average of fourteen years.
Speaker 7: So why is that?
Speaker 4: You know, your small's work is phenomenal.
Speaker 5: Why are so many men smuggling too little death nuggets? You know, like, why are these the ping pongs of destiny?
Speaker 7: Why are these the actual grapes of wrath? Yeah? So, and the answer is we are not entirely sure.
Speaker 5: We have some models, some scientists are doing the work, but this is the actual future of gerontology. Figuring out why there are sex differences in aging and why cutting off balls will make men live longer is how we're going to provide better medicine versus men. And I think we can all get on board here. American men deserve better from medicare than a mass castration plan.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a very good point. I mean, mic.
Speaker 6: Drop right are donating to World Central Kitchen. They are first to the front line, serving chef prepared meals to communities impacted by natural disasters and during humanitarian crisis. If you can, please support this amazing organization in their work at the link below.
Speaker 8: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you.
Speaker 1: Get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show weeknights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream.
Speaker 7: Full episodes anytime on Fairmount Plus.
Speaker 1: This has been a Comedy Central podcast now