Speaker 1: Second date, up date. We've read some articles lately where more and more people are getting offline and trying to meet people. IRL.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you added line to the end of that sentence out in.
Speaker 1: The real world trying to find people to date. But question is like, where do you go? Because Jose's already locked down all the taco bells and free clinics in his area. Oh yeah, so what's left for the rest of us dudes. Well, one of our listeners says he figured out the untapped hotspot where no guys are going yet, but high quality women are all around him, So let's find out where this is. Welcome to the show, Scott. How you doing, man, I'm doing good.
Speaker 3: How you guys doing?
Speaker 4: Why do I have a feeling Scott that the women don't want you wherever you're going? I mean, if it's all women, it's usually like mean to be that way. I'm imagining he's in a bed with like ten women surrounding.
Speaker 5: Him right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't make fun of me until you hear what I have to say.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you, are you out here?
Speaker 1: You do reserve the right to make fun of you. Where do you go to find single available women?
Speaker 3: Okay, where I go my secret? I go to te shops, the beverage tea Okay.
Speaker 4: Those are women dominated. I don't know that I've been in a T shop. Are the women like your age? Like old women.
Speaker 3: Are like the thing? Right now? It's really trendy, Like a lot of young people are at tea shop.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to go to one.
Speaker 1: It's kind of health forward to where.
Speaker 4: Are you picking up your loose leaf?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 4: Is that what you're doing? Yeah, I'm just trying to get in on the trends. I'm fine with men in they're just not broken.
Speaker 1: So how does this work? Picking up girls at the T shop?
Speaker 3: All right? Well, I have I have a bit of a system.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you do?
Speaker 3: I go to a tea shop. I go after work and like the you know, late afternoon okay, Okay, got a little notebook and I just sit down kind of in the middle area, you know, like sort of in a big open neutral area.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, So you're sitting clearly in plain sight of everybody. That's your plan, and.
Speaker 3: Basically you make yourself visible. Okay, and you've got your notebook out there, like, oh, what's you working on? Women? Just get curious. Oh wait a.
Speaker 4: Minute, Okay, so you look uninterested in them.
Speaker 1: In them, and you you're smart, you're writing that.
Speaker 3: He knows how to write.
Speaker 4: He's just signing his name over and over again in the books.
Speaker 1: They don't know. Does that work for you a lot? Scott?
Speaker 3: Yeah, usually just sort of say I'm a part time writer for a magazine.
Speaker 4: I'm not you lie? Why do you lie? Why do you just say?
Speaker 1: Well, did you hear do you see how Alexis perked up when you said.
Speaker 2: Magazine to be featured in the magazine? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Clearly.
Speaker 4: Do they ever ask you what magazine and you write for?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Usually I'm just like, oh, you know, it's like a poetry magazine. I like that they wouldn't know.
Speaker 6: Problem I see a poetry magazine that likes romantic just get better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're clearly trying to disarm these ones. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know about the lie, but the rest of it sounds okay to me. How many times does this worked that you've actually met someone this way?
Speaker 3: It's worked in terms of like an icebreaker, But there's only been one time where I've like really gotten stuck on somebody that I really.
Speaker 1: Liked hopefully that's the one that we're calling today.
Speaker 3: Her name is kN Zach ken Zach.
Speaker 2: Okay, it couldn't decide between Kendall and Zack Kenzy.
Speaker 1: Maybe you know, how did you and ken Zach come to be?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, she was by herself there. I was by myself there, And one of my things that I do is I ask when I order tea for extra lemon slices, so in case someone doesn't have a lemon place, I can offer them one.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever heard a guy say, hey, do you need some extra lemon slices? I've got some for you shop.
Speaker 4: Is that Is that what you use on ken Zach?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, I absolutely offered her a lemon slice, and that's what started the talking. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think if you're at a bar with the vodka soda and someone offers you lime, you're all about it.
Speaker 4: It was kind of the same thing. I just tried so hard to relate.
Speaker 1: But it's weird if a guy that pulls a line out of his pocket and gives me okay, check of approval. So she took your lemon slice and then you two were on the path to love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talked for a guy. I don't like twenty thirty minutes, but longer than like strangers at a tea shot normally would would talk.
Speaker 4: Like, okay, it felt like a date. You didn't go out again after this?
Speaker 3: Well here's the thing. Hey, let's hang out again sometime, but I got to run. I have a deadline. It's good to tell people you have a deadline. It makes you seem important.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm smart.
Speaker 1: It's not your first roadio.
Speaker 3: Okay. And then we exchanged numbers and we hung out one time after that at a different tea place.
Speaker 4: Did did tea again?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were at one time, but it's like kind of didn't count because it was really short.
Speaker 1: How sure are we talking?
Speaker 3: Like within ten minutes? But she got a text and said it was an emergency and she had to leave. And that's the laugh i've heard of her.
Speaker 1: Oh that's hardly anything even accomplish in that time.
Speaker 2: Maybe when she first met you, she was tea drunk and she had those tea goggles on.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what you really looked like drinks.
Speaker 3: Why am open to all possibilities here?
Speaker 6: Okay, even if you're not on some long all right, you're just adding more words that the editors are going to have to cut out of just before we send it on to any of this.
Speaker 2: Don't don't do not end this by saying we're going to get the tea next I'm done.
Speaker 4: I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: That might give for a while and don't come back. But sorry, Scott, back to you. How long has it been since that last date happened, that ten minute date?
Speaker 3: Like two weeks.
Speaker 4: There's been Yeah, no follow up up?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Do you believe in the emergency or do you think it's as real as your magazine writing?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I want to believe it. You know, maybe like she had a real emergency, like someone passed away and she's just been dealing with that and like doesn't have time for me. Like like if that's what it is, I want to know that, so like I could be there for her if I need to be. But also it can like ease my stress about it.
Speaker 1: That's right. Okay, Sorry to end it on a sad note, but we're gonna bring it back up. Do your second date update with ken Zach. Right after this second date update, I was looking for music to play for a tea house, and I'm sure we could find something. This is what I came up with, old like Chinese ancient music.
Speaker 4: This is an old English English.
Speaker 1: I had dis labeled this coffee house in the system, which.
Speaker 4: Is different than I should label it nap time.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: It's a sleepy piano, ye turn up. Yeah, it's not good enough, I know that. But this team movement is just so far ahead of us. We're late to the game. Yeah, because one of our listeners, Scott. So that's how he meets women lately. He goes out to tea shops posts up right in the middle with a notebook out and tells the ladies that he's a writer for some fancy poetry magazine.
Speaker 2: Which nobody questions because nobody can actually name a poetry magazine. Ye.
Speaker 1: No, he just makes him sound sophisticated and deep. You ever heard of poetry magazine. That's how he met a woman named ken Zach recently ended up turning that into a second tea time hangout. Second one ended kind of quickly, though, so hopefully we can get ken Zack back on the phone and get this parties started.
Speaker 2: That was my one time already, and that was kind of cute, But that was literally sitting.
Speaker 1: Down with tea. So Scott, we've got all our jokes out of the way. How are you feeling.
Speaker 3: I'm killing all right, doing pretty good.
Speaker 4: Okay, are you gonna have your pinky up when you make this call?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be as classy as I can be. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Okay, glossy, but don't be chy.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's good. Can I ask her real quick?
Speaker 2: In all honestly, do you think she Google searched your name and figured out you're not a writer?
Speaker 3: Not ten minutes into the day.
Speaker 4: Not ten minutes into the day. Wait, why would you show up for this? Yeah, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, we won't out you. I mean you're gonna be out it at some point.
Speaker 1: On her own.
Speaker 4: So I can't keep up that line for too long.
Speaker 1: Brook has anymore of her spiked teas. You don't know what she's gonna say in a second. But here we go. Let's call Ken's I keep forgeting her name, ken Zach. We're called ken Zach. Let's see what she has to say.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hell else, Hi, we're looking to speak with ken Zach.
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 5: Who is this?
Speaker 1: This is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning at Kenzach. The whole show is here, is this ken Zach?
Speaker 5: Uh? Yeah, I'm kind of busy. I don't know if I what is this about.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's okay, we're real quick. Yeah, we're gonna make this real fast. We're doing something called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners get back in touch with you after you went on a couple of dates with him.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't I don't know, Like, do you have a name? Who is it for?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 1: It was a few weeks ago that you last met up with him. His name is Scott.
Speaker 5: Do you remember, Oh, you mean the guy that I blocked, Yes.
Speaker 3: Blocked him.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, the guy from the tee shop, the very one.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, he said.
Speaker 2: You left the date like the second time you guys hung out ten minutes in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh so you talked to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We have a little bit of background before we call you, just to try and figure out, like what happened on your date.
Speaker 5: And can I asked, like what he told you?
Speaker 1: What's the bullet point? Reta two dates at teahouses separately.
Speaker 2: The first time you guys talked for twenty third minutes and seemed to really connect.
Speaker 1: And the second one you left after about ten minutes because you got a text.
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, Well, so basically, I mean I don't know if the first one was like we met at the teahouse and like talked for a little while and then we decided to hang out again. So he got to the second hang before I did, and already like got the tea and had it on his table.
Speaker 4: So I did you think that was rude that he had already ordered without you?
Speaker 5: I was a little surprised, but like it wasn't a huge like that's not a wasn't a deal breaker for me or anything.
Speaker 4: Okay, So that's that's not the reason.
Speaker 1: Well, we're trying to help him figure out if there was some sort of issue that happened.
Speaker 5: So basically we chat for a few minutes and then I turned to look up. There's like a menu on the wall that's like facing away from it's like away from where I'm sitting. So I'm like turning away from the table and looking at the menu, Okay, And when I turned back around, I don't think he was like quite ready for me to turn back around.
Speaker 1: What what do you mean?
Speaker 5: Because I well, so, like I turn around and I noticed him like he was dropping a blue pill into his tea.
Speaker 1: Into his into his own tea.
Speaker 5: Huh yeah, well I didn't have one yet.
Speaker 1: Would what kind.
Speaker 4: Of expectations would you have it at tea date?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: That was my question. I was like, I don't know what he's expecting to happen, but like that immediately threw me off.
Speaker 4: Are you sure it wasn't like a sugar cube or you know something that.
Speaker 1: Maybe you just a normal multi vitamin perhaps.
Speaker 4: But why wouldn't you just take it? Why did you dissolve it in your teeth?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I had all those same questions. It's definitely threw me off. But I was like, maybe I didn't see what I thought I saw. Maybe it was or something. So I'm like trying to keep the conversation going, And a few minutes later he tells me like, hey, like it's coke. I just got the backseat of my car upholstered. We could go check it out.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, how could.
Speaker 4: You be so unclassy? Show what?
Speaker 1: You don't believe him? You don't think he really got his car reupholster.
Speaker 4: Who cares to see that?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It was very odd and it sounded like a line. Oh yeah, I just very awkwardly pretended I had.
Speaker 1: I think we can all definitely see how that looks bad. But there is a chance that a totally logical, reasonable explanation exists.
Speaker 4: For this, the really honest guy totally.
Speaker 1: And he just happens to be on the other line right now listening to this. Cally stops there.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, ken Zach, have it going?
Speaker 4: Did you just hear what she said?
Speaker 3: Is that what you think you saw me putting a pill in the drink?
Speaker 5: What I think I saw? Are you saying like, I don't know what I saw?
Speaker 3: What do you think you saw?
Speaker 4: Why is getting higher there? Man?
Speaker 1: I think he's like trying an exit strategy right now.
Speaker 5: Honestly, this is not really helping your case right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I.
Speaker 5: Think I saw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's weird. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You don't know, do you recall any of the details of like putting something into your own tea? I mean, I wish you could just say it was a skittle or something like.
Speaker 4: There's no blue skittles eminent someone.
Speaker 5: I would love to hear a different explanation of what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happens interesting?
Speaker 4: How long it's taken to you to what.
Speaker 1: Was happening in your mind? Scott?
Speaker 4: Okay, here give it to Scott.
Speaker 1: It's a long story. He needs a big breath. It's the story, man, Go ahead, Scott? What was going on?
Speaker 3: I just don't know why you'd be offended by someone who just wanted to be prepared. Why always be ready? That's my motto.
Speaker 1: You can't walk.
Speaker 6: Around always ready like that.
Speaker 2: Shop.
Speaker 4: That's so gross.
Speaker 1: That's objectively not good.
Speaker 2: Date behavior, and it's such a turn off.
Speaker 3: You know, journalists got to learn things.
Speaker 5: Were a poet?
Speaker 4: Are you honest about anything? Scott?
Speaker 3: I really did have the back seat of my car reupholstered. It's really nice back there.
Speaker 1: He wasn't all right?
Speaker 4: Well, why was it bad to begin with?
Speaker 1: Back there?
Speaker 3: I just like to treat people right. I don't know what the problem is, Okay, it will never happen in the backseat to treat anyone right.
Speaker 1: We don't know that until we have because we always we always time, we always offer to send out for to send you guys out for a second date. That we would pay for.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that you saw what you saw. It was supposed to be just chill, herbal.
Speaker 1: Tea and chill.
Speaker 3: I would love to hang out again, if you're.
Speaker 4: Up for it, she interrupted.
Speaker 1: Them, Scott that that's going to be a no. It sounds like I'm sorry she saw too much?
Speaker 4: What are you doing man for me?
Speaker 5: Why did you wait till I got there?
Speaker 1: You walk into the freaking shop that she walks in? He said, like, full attention.
Speaker 3: You gotta plan these things out.
Speaker 4: You didn't.
Speaker 1: All right, we've learned. We've learned some stuff, Scott, too much.
Speaker 4: I don't want to learn it anymore. That's enough of a lesson. I'm not going to That was too much tea.
Speaker 2: Too much tea was too hot, freaking Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: In the that's the problem with people who stretch the truth. You're ride and hide talking about a job that you don't even have, and that the first bump in the road. Suddenly you're flailing trying to come up with an explanation for the performance enhancing pills you've slipped into your own cam A meal tea.
Speaker 4: It's still so.
Speaker 1: It's why.
Speaker 2: It's daytime and a t shot I.
Speaker 1: Mean, sometimes things sound good to you in your mind in the moment, and then you do it and you're like, I was so stupid, Why.
Speaker 4: Did I do that? You can't get it?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just going to go into details that I don't need to go into.
Speaker 4: I just I hope he learned his lesson. Yes, you know, that's what I hope.
Speaker 1: That is the goal of these segments is if we can't get you a second date, will at least try and get you something to work on yourself. Yeah, just don't put pills in your own teeth.
Speaker 4: On yourself.
Speaker 1: Not the message everybody needs, but at least somebody had to hear.
Speaker 4: It's like those laws and you're like, who did this?
Speaker 1: There's a sign of this shop now no bill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one of those moments.
Speaker 1: So make sure that you're emailing the show so we can learn more important life lessons like this one. We call that person who isn't calling you back and go find all sorts of life lessons for dating on our podcast at Brooke and Jeffrey wherever you get
Speaker 4: Yours, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning