Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid verbal call that for me, I'm a man, I'm forty. I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy. You want to be happy for day Edith state is that woo woom? And now Dan and Tye welcome back to the Saliburbo boys and girls. My name is ty Hilton Brandt. I am joined as always by my good friend and colleague and co hosts over there in beautiful New York City, a gentleman. You know him well as Dan Rubinstein. Sir, how are you? The audio coffin is dead Tie, That's why they call it a coffin. That's true.
Speaker 2: I have recorded my final show in the Espianation audio coffin, not because I'm leaving Espanation, but because Espianation left our old space and Vox Media, and you got a tour of it. I did last week when you were in New York briefly. So I am recording.
Speaker 1: Now in a gosh six by twelve foot like padded room, like a full on voiceover room.
Speaker 2: There's a carpet beneath me, the walls have been treated for sound. There's actual lights in here.
Speaker 1: Okay. I feel like a new man because the last booth that you were in, they are so called audio coffin. Yeah, it was legitimately like a stand up tanning booth. Right. It was really close confines in there.
Speaker 2: And if you do a show with more than one person in that booth, like I've pulled people in like we had who do we have Martin Rickman in there a little while ago? You know, Ryan has come in every so often, Jane has come in, Like, there's all sorts of people that will like end up in this three by three foot audio coffin.
Speaker 1: And after like a solid forty five.
Speaker 2: Minutes, not getting oxygen and not fully being comfortable where you are, You're just.
Speaker 1: Like, I kiss this person? Is what are we supposed to do? Our mouths are so close.
Speaker 2: That's what my brain sounds like in an audio coffin, right, which should make sense to everybody listening if they've ever listened to the show.
Speaker 1: So in a new space.
Speaker 2: And we're in the off season now and I'm I'm pretty stacked or stoked about that. I'm also stacked about that tie. This is when we have an opportunity to engage, I guess would be the word.
Speaker 1: Gauge, really explore the studio space if you will, and just go places, Ty, just go places. Yeah, you solicited a bunch of a bunch of questions and created a document. Yeah, this is an outstanding list of questions we've got here, Dan. And what I like about the document is you not only have it loaded up with a ton but you also put it in a very specific and logical order. So and it fits what we do on the show, because it's going to start off with football and then devolve into just total madness, second stuff early. Yeah, this is good. So all right, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, all those usuals. Don't forget to subscribe at iTunes, dot com slash solid Verbal. We will be here all off season doing one podcast a week every Wednesday. Today we decided to give back to the verbawlers out there. We tend to do Q and a's periodically throughout the course of the off season. We have a lot planned, big plans for this offseason and certainly the coming football season. So keep it right here our website again, isslidverbal dot com. Dan, Before we get into any of our emails and questions and comments, did you want to give a quick run through a quick rundown of what's going on in and around the college football ether. Is there any news, Yeah, I mean of substance. It's mostly draft stuff, and.
Speaker 2: You know, obviously the transition between college and the pros and how people are evaluating players we've watched for three, four or five years. Arden Ki, though the sophomore stud defensive end for LSU, certainly probably the captain, the guy coming back next year from the Tigers. He has taken an indefinite leave of absence. The circumstances are unknown, so we hope everybody is okay, and it's just some sort of weird situation that needs to be dealt with. I don't know if it's academics. I don't know if it's health. I mean, I think there was a statement. I hope it's true that there's not a health issue. So hopefully everything can get squared away and everybody's okay. Beyond that, Jim Harbaugh hired the dad and a notable coach, but the dad of a twenty nineteen quarterback recruits. I have coached with him, I believe, at the University of San Diego and is now a high school coach.
Speaker 1: Not the first time Jim Harbaugh has done that, but.
Speaker 2: It's legal. It's fine. People do it all over the place. Now it's Jim Harbaugh's turn the tenth assistant coach. Right now, you're allowed to have nine assistant coaches, but a rule allowing for a tenth was up to be voted. It doesn't look like that'll be happening at least until next year. So staff size, or at least official ability to coach and interact with players, that is still going to be at nine, although schools clearly all over the place hiring analysts sort of serve in a behind the scenes game planning, breaking down tape, extension of the coaching staff role. So beyond that, not too much has been happening. The big health thing that we hope turns out all right is Bill Snyder. Yeah, I believe it's diagnosed with throat cancer.
Speaker 1: Is that the official But not losing any time on the job.
Speaker 2: Correct, We'll be working and we hope for an absolutely speedy and successful recovery for Bill Snyder, who listen, he is a wizard, and we hope it sort of deals with everything that he does. So good luck to Bill Snyder and his family and everybody. A Kansas State.
Speaker 1: We're rooting for him absolutely, all right, So relatively slow on the news front. As we get a little closer into draft season, we can cover that, bring on some of our pals. But in the meantime, let's get to questions. Congratulations, Skippy, you've got mail, You've got mail on the Solid Verbal Daniel Rubinstein. As often as we can, we like to pay homage to those of you who email in at solid verbal at gmail dot com our email address, those of you who comment on our Facebook posts, to those of you who write in on the Twitter feed. We have a document before us that is laden with questions, Dan, where are we going first?
Speaker 2: Uh, let's start with this. It's Mike, I don't know, is it Sclens? I like made up names?
Speaker 1: Glens. Yes. I asked us every year and your answer is always awesome. That's all.
Speaker 2: That's a great way to start a question. Thank you, Which eligible Which bowle eligible team will see the biggest fall this year? In which non Bowl team will see the biggest rise?
Speaker 1: Tie?
Speaker 2: Okay, do any teams including both of our teams go Irish go Ducks? Both of our teams finished four and eight. Those two teams seem like obvious answers. But let's but he said bowl teams bowl eligible. Well, he also said, you know non Bowl teams can rise. Uh, non boll teams will see the biggest rise. I think of those two are obvious, but let's start with ball eligible teams that'll that'll make a fall.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the one that kind of jumps out a little bit at me, with full working knowledge of sef o'loof oul not being with Colorado next year as well as Jim Levitt. As well as Jim Levitt, I'm a little concerned about where that could head. They had a charmed season. I'm not rooting for this by any stretch of the imagination, but I would say Colorado is a team that jumped out to me as someone who might be a candidate. Right. I know one of my risers would probably be Georgia. Georgia's defense was actually okay for a decent chunk of the year. They had problems on offense. They obviously got a young quarterback, had five losses this season. I could see them taking a big step forward in year two under Kirby Smart Jacobson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can get into this in a little bit. I'm curious about Nebraska having to replace a good chunk on both sides of the ball, you know, top receivers. They're gonna have a big quarterback battle, return a lot of talent on defense. The secondary should be looking pretty good even with the loss of Nake Airy, But I'm curious about that because they started so quickly. I don't think they're a six and six team, but I think it's going to be a little bit closer this year for them. I think Colorado is reasonable, although they've recruited pretty well and the infusion of talent should should continue there. Elsewhere in the Pac twelve, I don't think there's a big foller to me.
Speaker 1: Well, the big, the big obvious one is Western Michigan. I don't know if they count in this. Yeah, Houston, Yeah, Western Michigan. Houston obviously both teams losing their coach. Yeah, Western Michigan losing some of their artillery in terms of offense, So that to me is pretty obvious.
Speaker 2: What about text A and M They were treading water this past year bringing in a grad transfer quarterback. I'm not all that confident that the problem is solved at quarterback. They lose a number of playmakers up front defensively led by Miles Garrett, they lose some weapons on offense. They've recruited extraordinarily well, but they seem to be a water treading team, and I don't know that the John Chavis experiment has fully worked out to the level I think Texas A and M had hoped, especially with the Eggies and their ability or lack thereof against the run. So I'm not fully confident that they're going to make an aggressive move forward Texas A and M's twenty seventeen schedule, I know a lot of teams are scheduling big, fun, exciting neutral site games home and home. So they start the season at UCLA. New ish look UCLA team on offense with a new offensive coordinator and Jed Fish coming over from Michigan. The quarterback coach for Michigan Josh Rosen, should be much healthier. Still a lot of concerns about the UCLA offense even with a Josh rose I think fair to say with how they looked most of the season last year. So they're at UCLA and then the rest of their non conference schedule early on nicol State Louisiana Lafayette. They're at Arkansas. Well, it's a neutral site game in Arlington at at and T Stadium. South Carolina and Alabama at home.
Speaker 1: Okay, not bad.
Speaker 2: If you can split those, that's a big win. They're at Florida, which who knows with the Florida offense moving forward, and they lose a ton on defense. Mississippi State at Kyle Field, Auburn at Kyle Field, New Mexico.
Speaker 1: Do you want to.
Speaker 2: Play New Mexico in future? Notre Dame head coach Bob Davy. I don't think you do. They go to Ole Miss, they go to LSU, so it's a pretty even schedule. It doesn't end favorably, but ole Miss could be who knows with Shaye Patterson. But the talent isn't what it was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I six and six, seven and five isn't super far off to me for texta thank not far off.
Speaker 1: If they do, If they do like the doggy paddle from their current state of whatever through twenty seventeen, I will not at all be surprised they just keep it in neutral, right, you know, I wouldn't be surprised. I don't know if I feel a big rise or a big drop off for A and M. I think A and M fans are in that same boat. That's part of the problem. They're not sure if this thing is turned in the right or the wrong direction. So who are your growers? Then? Well, the big one from East Georgia. I think Georgia. Anybody else? I think George is a big one. Miami could have been in that conversation, but brag Kaya went pro mm hmm, so that one sort of caught me a little bit off guard.
Speaker 2: I'm curious. I would love to see the momentum in Aimes sco Iowas Tate. I'd love to see Matt Campbell get them to you know's, there's a drive to six element to a few teams Kansas, ty I'm not insane for saying it.
Speaker 1: Having a good recruiting class, aren't they They're recruiting well.
Speaker 2: They did some little things well last season, they beat an app blow average team in Texas.
Speaker 1: Come on, Tye, get on that train. Syracuse. Do you see them getting to six games? I like their quarterback situation.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh yeah, okay, next question, next question, yeah, next question, Top five or just any list of coordinators that you think could be in line to get ahead job sooner rather than later.
Speaker 1: So this is kind of like the Jesse Palmer special right here, right.
Speaker 2: This is the Jesse Palmer Memorial, even though we assume he's still alive. Question, right, I think we're both going to agree on Jomo.
Speaker 1: Jomo Joe moorehead offensive coordinator for Penn State. He was rumored to be in the mix for some jobs that came open this fall, but Joe moorehead is on that list. Another obvious one's got to be Dave Randa.
Speaker 2: Right, Dave Randa, Yeah, who I think long term may have his site set even higher, But yeah.
Speaker 1: Dave Randa, current defensive coordinator at lsu H, Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma, current offensive coordinator for Oklahoma. And Bob Stoops. He's a younger guy. I think he's younger than both you and I and he's already coaching at the major college level in a serious capacity. So yeah, there's that and the other one who I don't know if he gets quite the recognition he deserves, But Todd Orlandos had a pretty good run the last couple of years. That was the name I had as well.
Speaker 2: He's been putting together defense after defense, be it at Utah State or Houston. Now he's in a position at Texas. We have no idea what jobs are going to come open, very fragile nature of employment at the college head coaching level. Tod Orlando will have an opportunity. I know he interviewed for the Houston head job. He was the Houston defensive coordinator these past few seeds past couple seasons. That'll be a big name in the PAC twelve, t Martin. If Sam Darnold has the other enormous year, I think he's becoming more and more well regarded and obviously has the history in the SEC as a player. I mean Pep Hamilton. I know a lot of people like him will be running an offense for the first time in a while at the college level at Michigan taking over there. I know we have a couple questions about Michigan. Tom Allen would have been my answer had Tom Allen already yeah, all right, all of a sudden, So that's my answer there.
Speaker 1: I think those are that's a good batch, all right, rapid fire. Where are we going next here? Rapid fire? We're going to JP.
Speaker 2: That last question was from I think it was Christoph. It's not the full Christopher.
Speaker 1: Was that the guy that ran the Truman Show? Was that his name Krystal Christof I like that movie. Movie freaked me out a little bit little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, JP wants to know best taco truck in Los Angeles. That is a three pronged answer for me. I still love the Kogie Barbecue truck, a classic, so good Ricky's for fish tacos. It's behind a Vaughan's in East Hollywood, not far from the Scientology Center.
Speaker 1: Nice. And also the Mariscos Jalisco truck. Mariscos being shrimp.
Speaker 2: Seafood nice, well, just seafood come out on as shrimp. The Mariscos Halisco truck. They have like two or three of them now downtown and East LA. It is the best shrimp taco in America, and it's not particularly close. They're crispy and fried and amazing and smothered in salson avocado and related. What do you think of USC's national championship chances in twenty eighteen?
Speaker 1: I feel better Come, I'll ride the train. I feel better about it. I'm looking at their schedule right now, Western Michigan. That's a winnable game favorite bye week on the schedule. You see, Yeah, Stanford second week, Texas third week. That'll be interesting. But they got them at home.
Speaker 2: Body blow at body Blow, Tom Herman in a big spot.
Speaker 1: At Washington State, Oregon State, Utah at Notre game at Arizona State. Yeah, I mean it's front loaded and backloaded, and there's a lot of like creamy stuff in the middle. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean we've all been there, Washington and Oregon not on this schedule now. It's probably a pretty decent thing. Oregon will should have a good offense. I'm not going to talk about their defense. Washington should return a really nice offense, though they lose John Ross, number of big players on defense, but they returned via to Bay. Yeah, they're going to lose at least one game. That doesn't mean they're not going to win the National championship. But without a bye week, they'll probably lose. Man I that at Notre Dame, Utah and at Arizona State and consecutive weeks, it feels like they're going to lose one of those, which they should absolutely not lose. I'm not as worried about going to Colorado, although I like Steven Montese some Ucla. We have no idea what no will look like, no idea go anywhere. That Texas game, though, Ty Tom Herman is a good big game coach, irrefutable, right. Yeah, after last year beating Louisville and oklahom.
Speaker 1: After stanford'll be nice and tender. Yeah, I could see it. That could be it. Early body blow warning right here, early body blow warning. That's all we're going to say. I got the sound there you go. Oh oh, just what you always wanted?
Speaker 2: All right, ten and a half over under, That's what I'm just making up for USC wins.
Speaker 1: Wins, uh under Wow, Okay, ten in a half a while, I agree with you. All right, Next question, Yeah, where's next? Uh?
Speaker 2: Sort of related? Texas back yet from Joey Chamberlain. Texas will always be Texas. How many wins does Texas need to be? Quote back, it's not even back. It's been so long. Is Texas good? I don't even think.
Speaker 1: It's a win thing, Dan, Ultimately it's to be a win thing in like three years. But I think it's a quality thing. I think it's a consistency thing. Okay, I think they will get offensive consistency now under Tom Herman. That they didn't have previously. He's just so good at coaching offense. If he can do it at Houston, if he could do it in the capacity he did at Ohio State in that crazy turn of events with Cardile Jones, I think he can do it pretty much anywhere, especially at Texas where he's going to have a ton of talent. I'm looking at the schedule. Now, tell me how many losses you think are on the schedule. Texas seven. Texas brings a lot back. They're actually quite young. Maryland, San Diego State at USC that could be a loss. That might be one at Iowa State. Excuse me, k State? Oklahoma pencil in nothing with Texas. Iowa State, I pencil in nothing. Oklahoma could be a loss. Probably will be Oklahoma State. I don't know about tam Yeah. At Baylor, who the hell knows? At TCU could be a loss. Yeah, Kansas could be a loss. I mean we say could be a loss. Did they not lose TC like thirty one to six in extraordinarily ugly fashion? They did, yep at West Virginia and close out the year at home against Tech. Yeah. So if I said over under.
Speaker 2: Eight wins, oh, I think I'd take the under Okay, I okay. So Tom Herman is a great head coach. We agree with that in terms of like his ability to sort of establish a culture and communicate and hire and recruits. I think he is a very, very very good head coach. Great might be too far. But the Houston offense wasn't particularly good last year. No, you speak confidently about Tom Herman's offensi ability. They finished season like eightieth nationally in offense, and that's playing in a non power conference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so actually played, They played their best games against the best teams in their schedule, exactly.
Speaker 2: They got up for games they almost played to their opponents a little bit too much. So I'm curious to see because it's going to be a shift on some level, and they don't have Danta Foreman, who's gone pro. It's I'm curious about their offensive identity and what it looks like. I'm not ready to pencil in a statement like we know their offense is going to be good.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. I'm not ready to say that. All right, fair enough, Joe, is it Yan's or Yannis Our next question? Let's go yan A. What are the top five least likable fan bases in college football? This what is your definition? Time? This question is going to get us in a world of trouble least likable fan bases? Yeah? What is this?
Speaker 2: Is this the fan base that is the most consistently obnoxious by our arbitrary definition of consistent. Is it an in person thing like in the stadium they're the worst? Is it, you know, a Twitter thing? Is it a harassment thing of everybody that can be harassed?
Speaker 1: Is it an unrealistic expectation thing? Okay, I see where you're going with this, So I would say it's too pronged the answer. The first thing that I will look at is consistency. Okay, not all fan bases fall into that category. Not all fan bases are consistently terrible or consistently great. And then beyond that, if you run out of options, I think you need to look at the extra look at the polls to see, at least in our limited knowledge here, which ones have been at their worst when things are going a little bit haywire with the program?
Speaker 2: Can I nominate the worst, very very very very very outlying bottom sure fan base? It's got to be Penn State, right, I would say so? Yeah, Penn State is on my list.
Speaker 1: I'm just talking about the lowest one percent yet, not as a consistently terrible fan base. Certainly, every fan as a whole has their obnoxious entities that no one wants to claim, but Penn State at its absolute worst. Yeah, and I'm saying that as a Penn Staker, I know. Yeah, I'm gonna say also here as a fan of this team, that Notre Dame's fan base needs to be on this list. Yeah. I've been in countless stadiums with Notre Dame fans who are just utterly clueless as to what's going on. Do you think that's like a hearing aid thing. I've had bad experiences with Notre Dame and fans in the stadium. And then along the same lines, I think Michigan needs to be on this list, not because again of any pure animosity towards you or I, but they're just really sensitive in a way that I don't always expect. So Michigan, I feel, deserves to be on this list. If I'm doing a top.
Speaker 2: Five, I'm going to recuse myself. I am marrying into a proud Michigan family.
Speaker 1: Well that's fine. You have others.
Speaker 2: Now there is there is a self importance to to Michigan fans. That's not the most common thing across college football. But I will say this solid fiance's uncle, who's great. I was just hanging out in Chicago because I had a bridal shower to go to. I had a tasting, I had a catering tasting whatever whatever it's called to go to. Met with the band anyway, met with you know, had pizza as a family thing. What the uncle was there? The uncle, one of her uncles was there and he's die Die Die Die Hard Michigan. And it was the most sort of realistic and measured a conversation as I've ever had with him. So maybe the like back to back third place divisional finishes, is that what it is?
Speaker 1: I think the place?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that's sort of tempering the Harbor hype a little bit. Okay, maybe I don't know. Yeah, who else.
Speaker 1: Is on your list? Tennessee as a whole is you said that show too. I don't have a whole lot of experience with Tennessee fans. The Tennessee people I've met have been have been rather kind.
Speaker 2: I think, Oh, there's a great portion of Tennessee fans who are kind. But there's something about having a list expectations with a non current a list program and seeing everybody else around you have their like moment in the sun, like, Oh, here's Florida for a few years. Oh here's Auburn for a couple of years. Because Alabama never ever ever ending. You know, South Carolina pops up TEXTA A and m pops up with the Heisman, you know, but Tennessee hasn't. They have that expectation, and there's like this bubbling it's the crock pot of evil. Yeah, to me, it's bubbling over with Tennessee and that sort of comes out in bad ways.
Speaker 1: Florida, for me, is on the list. There are a lot of obnoxious Florida fans. And I say that primarily because most of the Florida fans I know are the ones making Notre Dame jokes. I don't think that the worst even in the state. No, Florida State is also on my list. So my five teams again Notre Dame, Michigan, Florida, Florida State, and I got Penn State at the bottom. Florida State on this list anyway, falls into the same category as Penn State. Yeah, if we're going to define by the worst, Florida State had a little bit of a run there with James Winston where it got pretty sour, but by all large, I haven't had problems with Florida State people in a while, and I root for Florida State. They're an exciting team. But there was that one moment in the sun that I will never forget. Okay, question where are we going next? Here? Quickly? Just you don't need to rank a top three.
Speaker 2: This is our pal Dan Klobacar asking who's your favorite announcing team, aside from like the big A list guys TV announcing or women team that you particularly enjoy and that can include the sideline reporter.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's got to be Adam a mean right, we do love Adam amean I have.
Speaker 2: We had a couple people at the live show who took exception to Mac Brown as a broadcaster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a pretty big fan.
Speaker 2: I listen, he campaigned against cal and that was garbage, But other than that, I enjoy him as a broadcaster. I will also say, and not many people are going to be able to confirm or deny this, but I'm biased We're biased as a show, really like Ted Robinson and Yogi Roth. Yeah, we see what Yogi does preparing for games and just how passionate he is about football. Yeah, there is not a single take from Yogi Roth. It is all just football streaming out a love of football and the deep, deep dive of nerdiness of stuff he notices.
Speaker 1: I think it's great. I am more apt to give you my underrated announcer, my underrated analyst. They call him a field analysts. I say it every year. I tweet it like two or three times a year. Tom Lougan Bill does an awesome job on the sidelines. Yeah, he's also super prepared, does an awesome, awesome job. And to that same degree, Todd mcshay's in the conversation too. Those guys bring a lot to every broadcast they work. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interesting how women are sideline reporters and men are field analysts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's a separate topic altogether. Huh.
Speaker 2: All right, next question, Jeremy, you guys planning to have kids.
Speaker 1: That's an awkward transition there, man, So it is.
Speaker 2: Well, the question before that was what would you do if you switch bodies slash lives for a day?
Speaker 1: Wow, what would you do? Ty? I guess the first thing I do would be to try and figure out why you're so bad at ping pong? Oh my god, how dare you beyond that? I think I have respects now, Todd. I think i'd want to go for a run in your body. I don't want to feel your pain. That would perhaps give me a deeper connection to who you are as a human. What a strange answer it is.
Speaker 2: I would just go over to Mama H's house and enjoy a homemade meal and just enjoy her. Just scorching Hot takes on literally anybody under thirty on television.
Speaker 1: So if we if we switch bodies, yeah, would we be able to tell our loved ones and our friends that question that we were in someone else's body? Or would we have to like act as if we were like a Freaky Friday type scenario? Are you asking me for permission to be with my lady? Well, I'm not directly asking it, but I guess I kind of am. Yeah, And it's a two way street. It is a two way street.
Speaker 2: I would say no, but I would faint, Like if if why Kate were particularly feeling me, I would say I would I would beg off and say not tonight, honey, not tonight. I never say the word honey. I don't know why I'm saying now. I'm trying to inhabit you.
Speaker 1: I don't do that either, Dan, I would say no, but I would be very curious about, like behind closed doors, what the dynamic is like. Yeah, so I would not say, Kate, I'm actually Dan and Tie's body I would. I would play it up.
Speaker 2: I think she would discover really early because I don't know that i'd be able to speak like you.
Speaker 1: I'm a very dumb person. Well if you if you had my body, you'd have my voice. True, But would I have your soul? You probably wouldn't have my soul now, and I wouldn't have your soul either. Okay, good question.
Speaker 2: Give me one coach you think would make up for a very good president in college football.
Speaker 1: James Franklin. Total snake oil salesman. You put him out on the on the presidential circuit, on the recruiting trail. That's that's his element.
Speaker 2: So that's the advert. The adjective excuse me, is enjoyable? Right this question, Aaron asked, enjoyable?
Speaker 1: Do you enjoy a snake oil salesman coach from each conference to most likely, okay, be an enjoyable president.
Speaker 2: So here's the baseline I'm giving you. I'm gonna speak for Aaron here. I'm gonna need some charm. I'm gonna need some likability. I'm gonna need some intellect. I'm gonna need an ability to command a crowd, and i'm gonna need just I need some charisma.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need like a statesman like presence. I think James Frankl is the answer here.
Speaker 2: Okay, because you said snake oil salesman. That has a negative connotation. I'm looking for positive attributes.
Speaker 1: Well, he said presidential candidate, which kind of has a negative connotation too.
Speaker 2: I want I want your absolutely true in that statement. I want an enjoyable candidate in.
Speaker 1: A positive way. Gundhy would be interesting because he'd be a loose cannon. Does he come across as smart publicly to you? I think he could.
Speaker 2: Kirby's it's already the governor of Georgia, so that's a decent enough.
Speaker 1: I have Kirby smart written down here. Mm hmm. I think he would play well to that southern conservative base, if only because of how he dresses. Yeah, Mark Rick at Miami is interesting. God Man is not high moral character, charisma not so much high diving. Yeah, David Shaw. I think David Shaw is my answer. All right, let's get back to the question at hand. We'll just make this quick because we got to do you guys having kids? Are we? Are you having kids together? Me and you? No? No, no, no, with solid wife, solid fiance, solid fiance. Are we going to have kids? That's the plan. But but Ty for some reason doesn't work out. Okay, all right? Are you playing on having kids? That? That is the initial plan? What initial ty? You're married? That is the plan as of now. Would you go with an H in front of hilden brandt? No?
Speaker 2: Would you go with a sound that ends in ill? Would you go like Phil Hildenbrand No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no? Would you go? How modern would you go with your name? Do you skew classic? I skew classic, I skew more syllables than less? Probably wouldn't go like JaMarcus, I don't think, but definitely something more of the classic type of per Right.
Speaker 2: These are the fastest rising boys' names for January twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Twenty top me might need like twenty nineteen, twenty seventeen's well, I know what I'm just telling you right now. Stop me.
Speaker 2: When we get to a name that you would say I could see blank hilden brandt Okay, okay, okay, this is weird, by the way, but okay, oh my god, this name is so strange. Kid kyd No, kid, that's a fast riser, that's plus four thousand percent.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, definitely not okay. B e n a j a h b e n a j a A No. I can't even say it. No Suleian s u l i e n Are you on the English language?
Speaker 2: I'm on name, I think so, yeah, this is I can't pronounce anything. So number four is CoA five Monther six cash and seven Booreguard eight Alb nine Isaac ten Lousian. The number three fastest rising girl's name is Tahiti. Next question, so the answer is yes, most likely our friend Dakota aka dak just got a vegetable twister.
Speaker 1: I've always have one of those. I know this is good.
Speaker 2: I've always heard spiralizer, yep, but I like vegetable twister a lot better.
Speaker 1: The solid wife cut her finger on it had to take her to get stitches. That's so be careful, Dakota. It's a damn shame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, makes those like you can make little veggie noodles with them instead of using pasta. Do you guys use any out of the ordinary cooking instruments like that on a daily basis?
Speaker 1: Bonus? What's the weirdest cooking instrument you've seen? I have a good answer for this because you spiralized, tie, I have spiralized, but I have a new entrant in this category. What I'm head over heels for. Yeah, do you have an answer before I give mine? Not? Really?
Speaker 2: I use a potato masher to make guacamole. Okay, No, I really don't have a strong answer, but I did just register for a spiralizer, so I guess that would be my answer.
Speaker 1: A good thing to have, Yeah, I recently picked up, thanks to an Amazon deal, one of these souvied cookers. Okay, are you familiar with the souvied cooking fad right now? I am so.
Speaker 2: Basically, if you don't know souvied is you put your food in like correct me if I'm wrong, tie a plastic bag and you set it into a water bath, set to cook it at a very specific temperature. For it's a low temperature for an extended amount of time, so it evenly cooks to a very specific to a decimal point.
Speaker 1: To that's correct. So my very limited understanding of the French language is that souvd means to basically cook in a vacuum. You're cooking in a vacuum. So you put whatever food it is you want to cook in a plastic bag. You can use a zip block bag, you can use if you've got a vacuum sealer, you could use that too, But you basically put it in. You set your suvie cooker to warm the water to a very specific temperature, drop the food in, let it cook for usually about forty five minutes, and then you pop it out and it is awesome. I had one of the best steaks I've ever eaten in it. I've had chicken, I've had fish, I've I've been trying the full work since I got this thing. So that that way is my answer. Have you done the reverse seer thing? I have you slow? Okay, so you souv et it?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and then it's cooked all the way through, but you want some crust to it, then you throw it for a quick sear.
Speaker 1: And that's right or something that's right. That's what I did with my misteak and it was fantastic, So I'd recommend it to anybody.
Speaker 2: Can you let the fans decide a final Fantasy Things score via Google form?
Speaker 1: Hard to hear.
Speaker 2: Dan bullied tie for forty five minutes to steal a tie.
Speaker 1: That comes from Kevin. All right, So did you feel bullied? I don't feel bullied. No, everybody's on your side. Everybody's on my side.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The feedback was unanimous in favor of me. Yeah, so I think I won tie.
Speaker 2: Like the Labor Secretary nominee of the day, I humbly withdraw. I humbly withdraw and conceive that I am not the man okay to take over the throne. You have won our first ever calculated Fantasy Things all right, competition.
Speaker 1: That was from Kevin. Thank you. All right, let's pay some bills and actually, Dan, we got a question about paying the bills we did.
Speaker 2: Hans wants to know why you're the one who is always sort of in charge of taking care of our advertisements.
Speaker 1: So usually I have the ads in front of me. Right, it's not that I don't trust Dan with any kind of treasured ad reading here. I think it's a good strategy though, he's more than capable. Yeah, would you like me to go first? We have two Would you like me to kind of set the stage? Or do you want to go first? And then I could follow you?
Speaker 2: You know what, Ty, I'm just going to jump into the water. Okay, I'm just jumping in here. We go, Ty. As you know, twenty sixteen was one for the books. Cups finally won the World Series, we said goodbye to far too many celebrities. Hey, rest in peace, Prince, we love you. And the election Game Game Changer, Tie, Game Changer, And if twenty seventeen is anywhere near as eventful as last year was, it might get a little difficult to stay in formed.
Speaker 1: Ty.
Speaker 2: You know that it's difficult. You know that it's a challenge, so many options out there, But it doesn't have to be thanks to our friends at the Texture app Tie Texture Texture. With two hundred plus magazines available, Texture offers access to in depth interviews and articles from the convenience of your phone or tablet. It really is that easy.
Speaker 1: Type. Yeah, I've been reading a lot, Ty, Yeah, I've been reading a lot.
Speaker 2: And Texture is a great option for that because so much information coming at you fast and furious. It's nice to have it offline. It's nice to just have your texture and have it ready to go. So you know, they have recommendations, they have feature articles. You can go old issues and magazines. You love Sports Illustrated. They just released the swimsuit issue, I believe today. Yeah, did you see and we're gonna keep it about sports here, ty, did you see Ali Reisman's butt?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I did not, because I did, and she is a great athlete. Okay, and she is a great athlete. So that's Sports Illustrated. That's available nine to ninety nine a month normally. But if you sign up right now at texture dot com slash Solid sol i D you get a fourteen free day, fourteen day free trial. See now you know why Tie does these breeds.
Speaker 1: What was that offer code? Again?
Speaker 2: Offer code is solid Texture dot com slash Solid s l i D when you go to texture dot com slash Solid.
Speaker 1: All right, our second sponsor. That wasn't bad, Dan, I got some butt talk in there. That was good. Yeah, thank you second sponsor. This evening, you've heard him before Indo Chino. Yeah, it's spelled I N d O c H I N O. When I first read this many moons ago, I pronounced it Indo Chino on the very first time that I read this, and then from that point forward they sent over a handy little pronunciation guide, so now it's Indo Chino. They have cheap che e in all caps here so that I don't screw it up. Have you gotten your suit yet for your wedding? I have not ty. What are you waiting for? When are you getting married again? Late May?
Speaker 2: You gotta get my night ball here, man, I know Sunday night of Memorial Day weekends. Okay, I gotta get on it.
Speaker 1: Because when I got married in late April and I didn't have my suit by like mid to late December, solid fiance at that time was all over me, all over me about it. You gotta get you gotta get that suit. What are you waiting for? You gotta get that suit, So don't put it off any longer. I'm just gonna throw Indo Chino out there, because every guy looks better in a good fitting suit. Indo Chino they're one of the largest made to measure men's wear brands out there. They make it easier for guys to get a great fitting, high quality suit. Not only that, but they offer shirts and they'll offer it all at an incredible price. Basically, the way it works is you go to Indo Chino dot com again I Indochio dot com or they have a showroom and nine showrooms to be exact here in North America. You can pick from hundreds of fabrics and patterns. Basically figure out what it is you want on your suit. You pick your customizations everything from lapels to pleas, to jacket linings much much more. You submit that, you submit your body measurements, and then you don't got to do anything. You just wait around and Daniel, you can step into the best, most stylish suit you've ever worn in just four weeks.
Speaker 2: I've always said people waiting five plus weeks for suits or suckers.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm saying. So, if you're really up against it, and if you drag you if you continue to drag your feet on this wedding suit thing, I know, four weeks, four weeks, done and done. This week, our listeners can get any premium Indo chinosuit for just three eighty nine indochino dot com. Enter Solid at checkout fifty percent off the regular price for a made to measure premium suit. The shipping is free indochino dot com. Again, the promo code is solid any premium suit for just three eighty nine and free shipping. You don't have to worry about a bad fitting suit, expensive trips to the tailor. Get ready to look like a million bucks. And actually, the last time we read this, Dan I had a guy email in and ask for the offer code. Wanted to know how long it lasted because he was going to get not only for his suit, but for the other guys in his wedding as well. So just an option for you if you're interested.
Speaker 2: What's the best taco to eat for breakfast or longtime pal Caroline wants to know. Scramble up some eggs thereso, Maybe some crispy potatoes. There's some salsa, hot sauce on there. Crisp up your corn tortilla a little bit.
Speaker 1: You're good to go.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, tacos al pastor conpina. Oh, scene paint conpina, scene pina.
Speaker 1: With that is not English, right, that is on English?
Speaker 2: I would say, with some pineapple, pineapple when you go to dinner. This is from Carter and a movie with the solid wife slash fiance, which comes first dinner or the movie Carter?
Speaker 1: Carter raises a very interesting question. Yeah, typically it's dinner in a movie. You start with the dinner, you finish out with the movie. Mm hmm. My problem is when I start with the dinner and you're gonna you're gonna know this all too well done. Not because we've gone on many dinner and movie dates together, mind you, but you see me in action watching my team in the National championship game.
Speaker 2: You see me in action making out during a movie. That's right, I will it's all in the hips.
Speaker 1: Cite my relatively recent performance at the first Avengers movie. Whenever that came out. We did the dinner in a movie thing, did a dinner, it was great, went to the movie. It was a later showing because we did a later dinner and Avengers an action packed Marvel thriller. I was out cold, out cold in the movie theater wearing the three D glasses. Not my proudest moment. That's my problem with the solid fiance. Where I'm going with this is that maybe if I do the movie first and then the dinner second. That gives me more of an impetus to stay awake. Right, So maybe I am doing it wrong going to like a.
Speaker 2: Five pm, five pm movie, seven pm dinner, because.
Speaker 1: If you get the early movie, then you beat the rush too. You go at five pm, no one's gonna be at theater.
Speaker 2: I'm totally with you. I don't know that I've actually ever done it. But upon thinking about this question, yeah, movie and dinners great especially.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Now, though I don't know if they have this now intown, I assume that they do. Do you have the theater that serves food yet?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like they will bring food to your seats, and they're like, actual.
Speaker 1: They're building one about five minutes away from here. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: I've been to a couple of those those our nights and that combines everything, and that's that's excellent.
Speaker 1: I don't like staying out late. I like sleeping. I like lounging. That's the that's the answer. My favorite current movie slash cinema trend is the movie theater down the street now does reserve seating only. Oh that's great, reserve seating. See go online. You go Fandango, not a sponsor, get your tickets, pick your seats, and then you don't have to worry about going super early to get a seat. Just walk in, sit down, You're good to go.
Speaker 2: Ty On that note, do you see Michigan taking a step forward or step back in twenty seventeen?
Speaker 1: Wow, Jason, I think a step back? Same I am.
Speaker 2: So they've recruited very well, undeniably, so they have maybe the best receiver in the country coming in. I believe his name is Donovan People's Jones or one of the maybe five best receivers coming in, which is necessary because they lose Jessen and Darbo right sures Jake. But I don't think the Wilton Spate year was considered to be an overwhelming success with how he finished out the year and performed against the better defenses on their schedule. Defensively, I think they lose their entire secondary and their entire defensive line, but they blew out a ton of teams and of course Gabriel Peppers who was everywhere. They blew out a bunch of teams, so they did get a ton of rotation experience in I don't see them getting to the playoff this coming year. No, nor do I ooh, this is interesting. How do you just feel in general about Bob Diaco and Nebraska.
Speaker 1: I'm a huge Bob Diako fan. I think it's a great frint at Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I've looked up Nebraska, and as it turns out, they lose a lot of people. Yes, they do. The secondary is mostly intact. There's a lot of promise and depth on defense, but it is not It is not rife with experience and offensively quarterback battle. They lose Trell Nuby, they lose both Brandon Riley and Jordan Westercamp. Up front, they lose a good deal. I think it's a step back year, but I think Diaco puts together a promising and it's not an aggressive attacking defense. No, it's much more smart reacts. It's ben but don't break. Right, it's bend but don't break. And again, the best defenses of the Brian Kelly era. We're under Bob Diaco.
Speaker 1: This is true. They were under Bob Daka, so I think I think he's a good fit. We talked about a ton of top top blue chip talent, though, right we talked a little bit about this at the list show. Kind of a weird dude, right, kind of a weird dude. But I think he will fit in really well there, So I'd be excited if I were a Nebraska fan.
Speaker 2: So I have a question. I think this should be our last question. It's a life question from it looks like a Wisconsin fan tie page.
Speaker 1: This is my favorite question maybe that we've ever received.
Speaker 2: It's one of my favorite questions that we've ever received. And it was such an interesting question to me and that I didn't have the immediately the immediate answer for so I actually conferred with our resident exper our life expert, doctor Jane. I don't have a recording. It sounded like I was going about to play it, but she had a very good answer that I will also talk about.
Speaker 1: So, why don't you? Since I did the ad read why don't you take this? I humbly call upon the almighty altar of ty ANDed in for life help and how to say no. Here is the background. My wife works in a relatively small office. One of her male employees, along with his girlfriend, became a part of our friend group a few months ago. While they've become part of our larger group. They're not necessarily staples in the evening and on weekend activities. However, we all enjoy spending time with them. About a month ago, the coworker proposed to his girlfriend and she said yes, congratulations, Hey, give love a chance. Jlac Well, apparently the coworker has a large number of groomsmen and the bride to be has quite a few less. Over the past couple weeks, she's referred to my wife being perhaps one of her bridesmaids, acknowledging that she has a lot of groomsmen to match up as one of the primary reasons. The wedding isn't for another year and it's on the other side of the country. My wife isn't one hundred percent sure about committing to this role. However, she hasn't officially been asked yet. He says, as a somewhat recently married man and a one hundred percent recently engaged man, I come to you two gentlemen for help with our quandary. When slash, how should my wife raise her lack of interest? Can my wife say no without causing problems at work? Is it weird if my wife is being slotted into this position after knowing the bride to be for only mirror months. Dan, Tie help, I need life advice. This is an awesome question. It's great. This is an awesome question. And I'm not even gonna lie. I was thinking about this one for the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: So you said you conferred, Yes, do you want doctor Jane's opinion first?
Speaker 1: Don't?
Speaker 2: I think yes? We can go into what doctor Jane said, because I think it's a good jumping off point.
Speaker 1: Okay, what did doctor Jane say?
Speaker 2: She said, part of being an adult, part of being a grown up, and I'm quoting because I'm still I have a lot of questions still, Yeah, is learning how to be direct with people and learning how to be honest with people in a way that is mature and not harsh, but at the same time leaving no doubt as to where you stand. It's a tough thing to do, I mean, this situation and anything else, but that's part of what it is now. Obviously you said go sleep in another room when we were faced with the convention before with the dog.
Speaker 1: So we're all growing, ty, we're all growing.
Speaker 2: So she said specifically, it doesn't sound like a date has been set for the wedding, right, correct, So there hasn't been an official Hey, I would be honored if you were my bridesmaid. That conversation hasn't happened yet. But when it does, when a data set and it's across the country and she's like, hey, I'd be really honored, the proper response is probably, hey, I'm really honored that you ask me. I'm not exactly sure if I'll be able to travel with you know, just life happening, and I don't want to be able to commit to that anything, but I'm looking forward to attending as a guest. I'm just not sure I can commit to anything else. And it doesn't sound very direct. Scene that's hatchie and that's not direct. I think it's pretty direct.
Speaker 1: I mean it's well, it's not accepting it, and then it's not accepting it and like begging off right, it's saying I don't I can't do the bridesmaid thing, but I would love to attend as a guest. Okay, what does Dan Rubinstein have to say?
Speaker 2: It's tough, man, it's a tough thing, but I think it's that's probably the best thing.
Speaker 1: It's so.
Speaker 2: Jane also has a really good strategy for reacting to an invitation without committing. I don't know if you have a strategy for something like that, like you respond in an affirmative without actually saying you'll go to something. Jane says, this is one of the advantages of being married Dan, right, because once you always have an excuse, oh thank you, I have to check with so and so. Well, that's not really a response for being a bridesmaid. But if the bridesmaid or the soon to be wife is talking to the woman in the office about you know, we're going here for the bachelorette party, always respond with and this is I'm quoting Jane here. She does this all I've invited Jane to things, and this is what she said, Oh fun, oh fun. It doesn't say, oh my god, that will be amazing for me to go to. Right, She's just acknowledging the fun of what it sounds. She's just adding a word behind oh oh fun. Right, oh fun. Here's here's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: What are you thinking? You guys are going at this the wrong way. He gave you. He gave you all that you need to know in this question. And so instead of focusing in on mister Wisconsin. How you should get out of it. The most important thing to evaluate first is where in fact this trip would take you. All Right, now, he says, that's just the trip. It's not just a trip. But hold on, as someone who's been to a bunch of these types of things, Yeah, oftentimes the people in this part of the country are going to have weddings in southern California mm hmm, in Cancun, Yeah, somewhere in the Caribbean, somewhere fun that I wouldn't normally have an excuse to go to. Right, judging from the fact that he's a Wisconsin fan, I'm gonna I'm gonna make a guess here. He's not from a warm weather place, and if he's going somewhere nice, then perhaps that gives him him an excuse to go to this thing. So the next question is, well, okay, I'd love to go to Cancoon or Porta Vay Arts. I don't know, somewhere south. I'd love to go there, but I'm afraid of the commitment. It says other side of the country, other side of the country. Okay, so it's probably a coast to coast, right, I'm eager to go to said location. But my wife is a little bit concerned about the actual level of commitment here. A. You don't got to go to the bachelorette party. You can easily wiggle your way out of that one. I got something else going. It's going to cost too much money. There are plenty of ways that you can be direct about that without ruining any kind of friendship in the office. Right. And Secondly, depending on depending on what the requirements are for this wedding, You're not always required to buy a special kind of dress, You're not always required to do a whole lot in the way of actual commitments surrounding people have to fly to showers. I'm saying you don't have to do that. Right. If this is a situation where she's literally just snapping people onto the guest list to try and fill out somewhat of an even spread here between groomsmen and bridesmaids, I think it's probably within the realm here that she'd get away with not having to commit to the full complement of wedding activities. Yeah, so what I'd say is, first evaluate where it's at. Secondly, if it's somewhere you want to go, push the envelope A little bit and see how much you can get away with if you do commit to this wedding without having to commit to everything, and if it turns out that you can go to a cool place without having to sign your life away or pay a million dollars to be part of a wedding and get the official attire and whatnot, then I think it's just a good excuse to go enjoy yourself in a place that you wouldn't normally go to.
Speaker 2: You're not quick to dismiss it, but I there's an engagement stuff. There's you know, an engagement party, there's showers, there's bachelorette Then there's responsibilities day of you know, instead of like hanging out in a cool city, you're taking pictures for three hours.
Speaker 1: Like it's not the best. It's not the best. But here's the thing. Every destination wedding I've ever been to has been a lot more lase fair about the guest list, about what is expected of guests who are coming to that wedding. If in fact, you don't want to go to this right and you don't want to cause any kind of rift with your friend in the office, I would just use the cost excuse. If you're afraid of being super direct, just say you know what, I'd be honored, thank you so much, buy them a nice gift, wish them well, but just say, you know, we're we're saving. We're saving for a house, for a car. What. You don't even need an excuse, but we're saving. It's going to cost a little too much. I don't I don't think it's something that we're going to be able to swing this year. Sure everyone understands that. Yeah, to get it, you got to talk a little bit more with that. Yeah, you have to sort of paint a picture that isn't necessarily true. Not necessarily Well, here's related strategy for my wedding. Yes, so solid fiance has been a bridesmaid of like fourteen different friends or something crazy. Ooh, she's an a sorority at Michigan, so she's a lot of friends. Are you can ask me to be in your wedding? Is that what's happening out here? Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: I haven't had to ask a single person because neither one of us are having a wedding party. Oh, no groomsmen, no bridesmaids.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about it, and I was like, I guess you know, four or five dudes.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel uncomfortable asking a ton of people to like travel and buy things, suits whatever. I know you weren't like a huge fan of that process either, just coordinating everything. But you had a relatively small bachelor party, right, had had a small, boring bachelor party, it was right? Yeah, so I so the solid fiance would have had like, and she had a bachelor party with like, I don't know, twelve.
Speaker 1: Fifteen of her friends.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I'm going away with actually like three friends and my two brothers. I just I don't care about coordinating a bunch of people just because it's tradition. I don't want to hang out with fifteen people. I don't want to try to get reservations at a restaurant for fifteen Like, it's all just a pain.
Speaker 1: In my Assah.
Speaker 2: So I'm going small, and the only people up at the altar with the two of us are going to be our families. It's easy done right. But in this specific situation, if the groom is having like ten groomsmen and the bride only has like four people, she's comfortable asking. That's a weird dynamic between the two of them. Why don't we get down to a better point. Yeah, why don't we go three each?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like in my wedding, there were there was a situation where one guy had a girl on each arm mm hm. Because I had more groomsmen than Solid wife had bridesmaids. So you could do it a setup like that, Suggest a setup like that if you're in that situation. I was at a wedding where it was uneven and the bride's brother actually stood on her side. An unbalanced front, an unbalanced front. That's fine, you know, whatever floats your boat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think wedding whites. Too many people do things just because it's tradition. Yeah, I think it's such a waste. Like I'm not doing a Like we're not taking dance lessons. Why would we take dance lests? I don't even remember if you and Solid wife Kate took dance lessons, did you?
Speaker 1: We took the dance lessons but didn't do the dance good.
Speaker 2: So it was just like a background thing, just a skill for you guys, just.
Speaker 1: Just something a bonding experience. Did you guys? Did you toss flowers? We did not, because all of our friends are married already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not doing that. I mean that's the same for us too. We're not doing that. Are you going to be a cake smasher?
Speaker 1: We're not even having cake. We're not even having cake. Are you getting married? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: We don't want to have any Neither one of us like cake. Why would we serve people something that we don't like? Is there going to be any kind of sugary dessert?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm glad you asked, Tie. We're doing a donut wall, a donut wall. Okay, so explain this to me. What's a done? Imagine like a a don't a six by six foot board with like three inch pegs coming out of it every like eight inches, like the Plinko game in prices, right, Tie, you nailed it exactly. Okay.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be like two hundred donuts on this wall, okay. And people are dancing when you when you're eating cake at a wedding, it's basically like you come back from the dance floor to like take a sip of whatever you're drinking that's at the table, right, and like.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's cake here.
Speaker 2: Now I'm gonna have a bite of my cake and go back to the dance floor. I would pose it that seventy three percent of served wedding cake goes wasted. I would also say cake is largely for children. I think cake is a waste. I think icing is so strong.
Speaker 1: Cake cakes here on the solid verbal cake is this is what you get off. This is true, and listen, but both of us feel this way. I've never heard of a donut wall in my life. Where do they google donut wall? Right now on the show google donut wall? But where do you do you hear about it?
Speaker 2: I had heard of donut towers, like these structures that you could put donuts. But then in further researching, I did discover that donut walls exist. You just grab a donut, you're on the dance floor, you feel like something sweet. There is a wall of donuts that you can easily grab. Take it out on the dance floor with you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm seeing this now. What are we chasing? Are you at all concerned about sanitation? No? Not at all, Ty, No, okay, please, it'll be fine. I'm not sure how I feel about this, dan Ty.
Speaker 2: Imagine if you don't like cake, or imagine if you like cake, but you don't like strawberry cake, or you don't like chocolate cake, or you don't like vanilla, you don't like yellow cake. With a donut wall, we're talking variety tie.
Speaker 1: So will you be doing what appears to be in vogue and having different colored donuts that form a pattern on said donut wall. No, I don't think. I don't think there will be an organize to it, because i'm looking. I'm looking one here that says donut worry, be happy. Right then it's got like a K and a D in a white heart on their donut wall. So they this couple took a picture in front of the donut wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's style over substance, and I don't care about that. I want I want flavor maximization. So we're gonna you know, if you like glazed donuts, grab a glazed donut, you like sprinkle, you like cake, you like yeast, you like chocolate, you like well, I guess it'll all be circled.
Speaker 1: There won't be any twists. You like an old fashioned donut tie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the place we're getting it from in Chicago has terrific blueberry old fashioned donuts. I cannot wait to have a blueberry old fashioned donut while dancing on the dance floor.
Speaker 1: If you had a donut maybe donut wall, and you spelled out Rubinstein in block lettering, that'd be pretty. That'd be impressive. That'd be impressive. That Yeah, yeah, that's not going to happen. Well, there'd be the exact number of donuts together. There will be guests or will there be no? There will be one. Ty you think I'm gonna serve not enough food my wedding. I would expect that your wedding that everyone will be well fed. Everybody will be well fed. Most of the food will be handheld, Okay, appetizer, entree and desserts. Okay. And it is really you're really going to try a new SAP tradition here.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's not about usurping tradition, Tie, It's about planning and customizing to who you are.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: There's no reason to eat cake if you don't like cake. At your wedding, beople there to celebrate you and what you believe.
Speaker 1: Okay. And you're doing the live band thing too, right, doing a live band? Yeah, and your great time? Tie? Were you a live band type of guy? I am?
Speaker 2: I really like good bands yeah, And I know that's like a stupid thing to say, because everybody loves good bands. But I will take an average DJ over an average band.
Speaker 1: See, I agree, And I won't put words in your mouth. I will. I will speak for myself here. I was very skittish on the idea. Yeah, I had to be tuned into it because you know it is. It is a little bit more expensive, but I was so excited though. Wasn't as expensive as I expected it to be, and the delta between a DJ and a band was not so great that it wasn't doable right, And in the end, I'm glad we went that route.
Speaker 2: You know what I saw today By the way, you talked about the cake smashing thing. That's the thing with like one year old birthday parties, right, Yeah, everybody like, oh they get a cake to smash it. Yeah, there is now taco smashing. Taco smashing. There's now taco smashing. You do a lot more damage with a taco, a lot more ingredients to you. Could You could do the frisbee throw with a donut if you wanted. That's true, if you really want to, you know, blaze your own trail. I think donuts are at least ten thousand times better than cake.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, on that note, we could throw that out to the listing public. Soliverble at gmail dot com. If you went, if you went to a wedding and saw and you will be going to a wedding hopefully and see a donut wall instead of cake. I'm interesting.
Speaker 2: There is part of you, your your flavor antennas are going up in a way that they're not necessarily going up for cake, a white sheet cake. This is no comment on other people that like cake and serve cake, but I'm just saying it's hits snippy.
Speaker 1: It's different. I don't know if it's so much flavor antenna. I don't know if I have that, but uh, yes, it's interesting. It's interesting.
Speaker 2: You're gonna you're gonna look at the wall, and you're not gonna look away right away, are you.
Speaker 1: I I will probably do the thing where I crossed my eyes to try and see the sailboat in it, comprehend it, and then yeah.
Speaker 2: You're gonna walk up to it like a giant piece of artwork and just sort of study it and figure out how you feel about it and then make a decision. I guess we would eliminate jelly donuts because a decision yeah to spike through it would not be yeah right. But other than that, we're going variety. I think everybody's gonna be very happy. There's gonna be so many leftover donuts. We are actually, we've printed up custom to go personal lot, not personalized, but custom donut to go bags.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm excited to talk wedding stuff with you. Oh man, wait till you hear about the food we're serving. I'm excited. We'll save that for our next shows off season. Yep. I'm excited to talk wedding stuff with you because by the time your wedding rolls around, Kate and I will be in about two years, a little over two years. So wow, that's true, which is crazy. But we're veterans of the process now, mm hmm. And I'm excited to see the direction you take it. My hunch is that it will be a decidedly different direction than Kate and I took ours.
Speaker 2: Well, we are getting married in a giant church on the Lehigh campus.
Speaker 1: So that's and then chartering a plane yeaeah, okay, it's a blimp.
Speaker 2: It's an extra large blimp to Chinago. Now it's actually in the same Yours was a separated venue thing separated the time of the day too, same venue right there, all have it?
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that setup. Yeah cool? All right, well, thank you to everyone who wrote in. We got a bunch more questions here that we weren't able to address that perhaps we will next time around. We will be doing more of these Q and A style shows over the next couple months. We joke about the fact that it's a long off season, but it's true. It is a long off season. We do do one show a week. We're going to try and pack as much college football content in here as humanly possible, but there will be weeks like this where we just want to talk to the base and see what people are up to out there. We've got our Verbie Show, which is going to be coming up in relatively short order. Stay tuned to our Twitter and our Facebook pages and all the usuals. We'll post some details for how you can be active with that. We're also going to talk about the NFL Draft that's coming up. As we said during our live show, this is actually going to be our tenth full season of podcasting. So I know you're excited. I know I'm excited to sort of do a show in the vein of our friends, the starters, what they do on their tenth anniversary, they sort of tell the full story of the podcast, the deepest of dives. So we've got that coming. We've got a bunch of cool stuff that we've got planned this off season. The only other parting shot that I'm gonna throw out there, I talked about it on the last show, but soliverbal dot com slash donate. I am raising money for children with heart conditions. If anyone wants to throw in, the link is out on our page soliverble dot com slash donate. Any help you're willing to provide would be much appreciative. A lot of people have pitched in, Thank you so much. If anyone else wants to jump on in on that, I'd appreciate it definitely. All right, Dan, that's all I got. That's all I have. Ty for that gentleman over there, Dan Rubinstein, for myself, Tie Hildebrand, thank you as always for listening to our podcast. Subscribe at iTunes dot com slash Solid Verbal. In the meantime, Base on Peace would