Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim stand of It. Let's get to some stocks on the move this past week. We're joined by Bloomberg News earning specialist Rachel Pua joining us. Rachel, interesting week, no doubt about it. So Disney tell us about the week's move overall taker, of course.
Speaker 3: Is dis Yes, so Disney it reported yesterday with sales that were behind expectations. It also said that nix Quata will be affected by expenses tied to huge releases like the Nicks Avata film and Utopia to the company, No, Bloomberger, it's investing in area such as bundling with other streaming platforms, and this is going to cost many an I into profits, but invest this one exactly pleased.
Speaker 4: I've never seen Avatar, not even the first one. No, could you see it? Yeah, the first one I saw years ago.
Speaker 5: I mean we're talking like in the theater, Imax theater two thousand and eight, thousand and nine, back, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Audio and Doug like, yeah, he liked it. Okay, first one's good TBD TBD for me at least. Okay, maybe we have to just see it too.
Speaker 5: The spoiler alerts for the twenty year old movie for Carol everybody, Warner Brothers.
Speaker 4: I'm the same way with a lot of meat. There's a whole list.
Speaker 5: My wife's be such a hard time because they're all these.
Speaker 4: I think you watched so much.
Speaker 5: No, I mean we watch, Like, first of all, I'm very busy, so I'm not watching. Okay, yeah, definitely not. Definitely too busy to watch. Sorry, Tims, be busy, too busy. All right, let's go to where do you want to go? I want Rachel to save us with Warner speaking of entertainment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so not entertainment company, and then used this is Tika WBD.
Speaker 4: We know what it.
Speaker 3: It's been looking to split its keyboard network, swim at studio and streaming business and now Wanner Broadus has said that is setting on November twentyth dateline for BITS, and it's gotten a lot of interest from rivals. You know, we know that there's Paramount, which still wants to buy the entire company after making multiple office that's been rejected. Then there's also Comcasts and Netflix, which are both interested in the TV and movie studios, and HBO Max but not so much. It's Keble channels.
Speaker 5: Oh that's interesting. Okay, yeah, we'll see what happens. This is the one that is under.
Speaker 4: Well, well we can go ahead, go ahead. Oh I was just this is the one that you know, it's like, who's going to buy what?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 4: That's the what do you think Warner Brothers?
Speaker 1: Don't she don't look at my Blueberg?
Speaker 4: How much is up this year? Seventy percent?
Speaker 1: One hundred and seventeen percent?
Speaker 4: Wow? Yeah, okay, sorry, Rachel, we're a little what happened last year? But you know, and like it's been beat up.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah yeah, and it's all over news about like longer person giving it up for pieces.
Speaker 1: I know, I know right, it's it's for sale, folks. Walmart, let's talk about that one tick or w MT.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So CEO Doug McMillan analysis that he is planning to step down in febshe after four decades with Walmart and eleven years as a CEO. He will be replaced by John Ferner, who had been hitting Walmart us and he's kind of been assumed to be the one who would take over. So shares were down earlier today, which shows that investors were wrapped up by the news because there's clearly a lot to do right now right now. You know, there's AI, there's the economy, there's automation kind of affecting workers.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.