Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This he's Talking Cowboys, springing live from the Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 4: Six seconds dot tiensis any pay today, totsdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Talking Cowboys on a Saying with.
Speaker 6: Your Chest Friday, here live from the s WBC Mortgage Studio in the Star and Frisco.
Speaker 7: I am your host, Philly and for Cale Jomens, Josh.
Speaker 5: Rodriguez here with Isaiah standback here with Tommy Irrish, Patrick No here Walker, because he.
Speaker 7: Is not freaking here. Why we don't know anyway here Walks.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you know this, but we need Beam to cut the sound from your chest bump, from your grilla chests.
Speaker 8: You gotta do it for the for the micro clean take.
Speaker 5: Nice one might say he might be afraid of Tommy Aresh and the Texas sweatshirt.
Speaker 8: That to.
Speaker 9: You know what I was telling mister, I was telling Josh in the back, I was like, I wore this today because I knew for a fact that mister would arrive in this.
Speaker 10: Attire Fridays always hat for me because wanting to help get the kids.
Speaker 8: We're good, were good, he came, friend, we are great.
Speaker 5: But now we're here, we're live. We're talking cowboys. That's the name of the game, that's the name of the show. Like, that's what we're doing here today, and we.
Speaker 8: Gotta you didn't do your saying with the chests?
Speaker 5: Say the chest real quick, Pat, Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 8: I don't know. We have until we go.
Speaker 7: Coming in hot to deliver news and notes. Are you ready to go?
Speaker 8: I'm ready to go. Okay.
Speaker 10: So, first and foremost, we did have a conversation yesterday after the blockbuster news that nine time All Pro, nine time Pro Bowl right guard Zach Martin is in fact done for the season. He will get ankle surgery, which is scheduled, he says, next week, So that's gonna put him down the rest of the season. Of course, that begs the question is this it for Zach Martin? He said yesterday that this is not the time for those discussions. He said that he wants to first get healthy and then he'll have those talks with the Cowboys and his family. Obviously, it's going to be a very in depth conversation because on one note, we all know that Zach Martin is a warrior.
Speaker 8: He does not want to go out like this.
Speaker 10: On the other note, your body doesn't care how you want to go out. Your body will tell you when it's time to go. So we'll know in a few months what that looks like for Zach Martin. But it's an emotional week for him because the same week that he gets the news that he has to have surgery to end the season, he gets nominated for the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, which is an outstanding nomination, very humbling. So he's dealing with a lot of emotions. So shouts out to Zach Martin, congratulations on the nomination. Hate that he will be out for the rest of the season. So that's that's really the headliner.
Speaker 5: So how does that impact the offensive line going forward? We haven't seen him in a couple of games.
Speaker 7: Now, I want to know.
Speaker 5: I want to get y'all's takes on how the backup, how the the depth at offensive line steps up in place of Zach Martin.
Speaker 7: Hoffman Hoffman a.
Speaker 8: Rock ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Exactly pretty much what he is. Yeah, Yeah, he's a brawler. I love I love his attitude. Five on the you have to have a goon on the old line. And that's not to say that you don't already have goons, but you gotta have a brawler. You got to have somebody who was with the McNasty. Yeah, you got somebody who wants to smoke at all points in time in the game. Somebody who with is somebody that we identified last year was starting fights. He just starts fights everywhere he goes. So in training camp. Really yeah, I mean I knew he was about that life when he started to fight with Mica in camp, I said, Okay, this is the guy that I like.
Speaker 8: I like this.
Speaker 3: He doesn't care about who you are, how much you're getting paid, Like, you're gonna get this smoke as soon as you deal with me, you know what you're gonna deal with every single time. I'm I'm gonna be right here waiting on you. So he brings that energy. Not only does he have that attitude, but he's he's done a good job in filling in for uh Martin whenever he's had to leave whenever he's had to step out. Hoffmann has done a good job of fulfilling that role. And it didn't come unwarranted, it didn't come without competition.
Speaker 8: Uh TJ.
Speaker 3: Bass was in there as well, and he earned that spot. He earned the right to be the second guy behind Martin.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, Tommy, what do you think?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, you were jokingly saying that he could give an F five. He might actually f five somebody in the middle of the game. But that's that's that's how much intensity he brings to the table. And you know, this is a prime opportunity for him because he's gotten the last two games to start and this will be the first time where he is consistently got in the reps at right guard because eventually, you know, obviously we hope Zach Martin comes back for another year, but eventually his time, that time is going to run out. So the question begs, who's going to be your right guard going forward?
Speaker 11: If you're the Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Well, this is brock Hoffman's job, impromptu job interview essentially, and the first two games he's done a really good job. Hasn't given up a quarterback, hasn't given up a sack. It is in his last really actually, in his entire career, every game that he started, he has not given up a sack on a quarterback. He's played center, and he's played right guard. So if that play continues, then you're gonna have to take a serious look at putting Hoffman and making him the future right guard of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: This is something that he.
Speaker 9: Takes a lot of pride, and when I talked to him yesterday, he said he takes a lot of pride in that because of the.
Speaker 11: Example that Zach Martin set.
Speaker 9: Being the right guard of the Dallas Cowboys is an honor to hear him because of the president that Martin set in that room.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 10: I mean when you talk about the platinum standard at guard, it's in Dallas, it's Larry Allen and Zach Martin, and then it's and Company. Okay, everybody else is on a different planet from those guys, and their planets are not nearly as big as those planets.
Speaker 8: So to say that brock Hoffman.
Speaker 10: Has huge shoes to feel, that's a massive understatement, and he understands it. One thing I just absolutely love about brock Hoffman is his mental toughness. This is a young man who came into training camp this year. He was the lead at starting at center, but he gets beat out by Cooper Rush, a rookie third round pig who is transitioning to the role. Most people that probably would have turned a knife for them instead, he locks in, continues to keep his head down, He works, he works, he works, just waits for an opportunity to show up. Whatever that might be be future first ballot Hall of Famer goes down. Brock Kauffman beats out TJ. Bass, who we all thought was going to be the successor to Zach Martin. Brock Hoffman was like, nnah, still here, I wanted the starting role, earns that at right guard, and now, like Tommy so eloquently said, this is his job interview over the next five games. My belief is if brock Kaufman can nail this job interview, and you know that you still have a gamer and TJ Bass right there, cowboys might be able to escape. You was in a first round pick in April at right guard, And if they can do that, then that frees them up to really go BPA somewhere else. So yeah, shout out to Brockkaffman just just nailed this center. I'd like to throw Nathaniel Newton in that conversation, Big Nate.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh yeah, for sure. He knew that early on.
Speaker 5: Well, if you look at his journey from training camp, I mean, not only did you draft Cooper BB to be your center, but when we started off and it started off pretty convincingly that brock Hofflin was going.
Speaker 7: To be the center.
Speaker 8: He was gaping.
Speaker 5: Everyone was like, oh wow, like we have to get some microscope on this guy now.
Speaker 7: For then Cooper BB two usurp brock.
Speaker 5: Hoffman in that role and take over a center, kind of putting brock Hoffman on the back burner, but you always knew the fight was there, and obviously he did not give up.
Speaker 10: Usurp is a quality word. Also makes me think of Game of Thrones. So you're callingim brock a usurper.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, absolutely. When he puts that EyeBlack on, you know what I mean, He's going to war clearly right.
Speaker 10: And then the Cowboys are going to have to consider the future right now. So even if Zach Martin comes to the determination that he'll be back in twenty twenty five, doesn't change a couple of fects. Number one, his body is wearing down. Number two. He said something Zach did yesterday in the locker room that really jumped out to a lot of us because we were unaware of this. He says, this right ankle injury has been something that he's been dealing with for years. That was his word years. When I hear a player start to talk like that, the degenerative word comes up, right. So then the question is when he is healthy, what does healthy look like? Is that healthy to the standard that Zach Martin is still accustomed to, Because if you go back at the Travis Frederick situation, fred Beard came back from GBS and had a Pro Bowl season, but why did he retire? Because he said he felt his body wasn't to the standard it used to be, even though we thought it was perfectly fine as far as getting the Pro Bowl nod and playing well. He was like, I can't continue what I used to be. That's what Zach Martin is up against right now. That's why Zach said that he's he's talking to Trav recently about just seeing what the writing on the wall looks like. So this is going to be one of the bigger decisions or the biggest decision that he's ever made in his career.
Speaker 5: I generally hope that's not the last time we see Zach Martin the Cowboys uniform on a Cowboy.
Speaker 10: Well, he also said that if they give him a headset, he'll take one. So hey, so there you go. I'd like to say, so, give him a headset.
Speaker 7: Give him a headset.
Speaker 12: Huh?
Speaker 8: Maybe?
Speaker 5: All right, boys, I kind of want to look at the injury report a few notables. Obviously, CD Lamb did not practice yesterday and Trayvon Diggs was limited. Kind of give me an idea of their expectations. I mean, I guess y'all's instinct on if whether or not they will play this weekend or this Monday.
Speaker 9: Well, Seedee Lamb is expecting to play. He said yesterday that he would be fine for Monday. So that might be.
Speaker 7: He didn't practice Tommy.
Speaker 9: He didn't practice. It might be a deal where he takes an extra day to rest that shoulder. He's been dealing with this for four to five weeks now, ever since that Atlanta game, really and maybe even sometime before that. I think that may have had in part something to do with the uncharacteristic drops that we saw on Thanksgiving, So it might be a deal where he's limited on he's limited today, and then he might be limited again on Saturday, but he's good to go on Sunday, just to make sure that that shoulder is as healthy as it possibly can be. Certainly the eleven day break has helped. Like you mentioned, Trayvon Diggs limited, certainly a good sign. But see how the week progresses. That was always going to be the deal with him. See how it goes throughout the week, and then they'll make a determination.
Speaker 11: So that'd probably be pushed to the end of the n't know.
Speaker 9: And then to marve overshow was the other one that popped out to me limited with a hamstring? No, uh no, no, no, he's playing.
Speaker 11: I would lean that way as well. But if we want, if we want some good news, we we have good news. We have good news, Isaiah, what is good news?
Speaker 9: Dan Bland, Jake Ferguson, Marshaw and Neeland all full participants.
Speaker 10: Especially Jake fergus Jake Ferguson clear concussion.
Speaker 11: Clear concussion protocol on Wednesday.
Speaker 9: On Wednesday, when we saw him back out there practice, that was your telltale sign that he's clear concussion protocol. He was a full participant yesterday, So good sign.
Speaker 8: You get your.
Speaker 9: Uh, you get your tight hands back and uh.
Speaker 7: It's off the always want to throw.
Speaker 3: Earlier the week. Sorry hearing there. I'm good, I'm good. Let's go already, let's do this, coach. I'm ready to put it in a game. Put me in a game.
Speaker 7: Schoot maker has more catchoo.
Speaker 3: Maker, Listen, you get in there. There's many stories, many stories of legendary players getting their opportunities because the person ahead of them could not go.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but I will say this, and I'm as far as competitive nature is concerned, I'm sure there's a tid bit of that in this. It's concussion concussion protocol.
Speaker 13: Guys.
Speaker 8: You guys have never had a concussion before.
Speaker 3: It sucks because you literally a lot of times you feel like you're okay, but you're still sensitive to light, you're still getting headaches, you're still all those things. Your stomach is still nodded up, you're still not you can't so like it. Literally, you're not on anybody's timeline. So I'm just up here joking around.
Speaker 10: Plus also, let's let's just be completely clear. Let's keep it a buck. As much as and I wrote these stories, so as much as we love the corner that that's being termed by Brivers, fan Ford and Luke school Maker, Jake is Jake.
Speaker 7: You need Ja.
Speaker 8: There's only one Jake in this locker room period. Everybody has everybody has their.
Speaker 9: Strengths and ye but but but it's better that they've got these reps loose screw makers, especially because he needed he needed that confidence. So now you've got that confidence behind him, and bring Jake Ferguson back.
Speaker 11: What are you doing to tight end sets? What are you doing?
Speaker 8: Three fun?
Speaker 11: If you want to get really fun?
Speaker 8: So I also talk about April.
Speaker 10: You don't really have to worry about using a draft pick or day one or day two on tight end because now you have.
Speaker 5: You're starting to come up. Well yeah, I mean Jakes is a wide open Luke Skiamaker in the end zone.
Speaker 7: He's like, I'm thinking on that.
Speaker 1: Don't you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: He's like, I got it.
Speaker 10: Isaiah was saying, we got John Stevens Jing I don't know yet, potential absolutely there, but return next year ago.
Speaker 8: Yeah, many guys have reached.
Speaker 10: We all just want JSJ to focus on healing up and hopefully we'll see him in trnding.
Speaker 5: It's unfortunate because of how much you've seen from him in practice and especially a training camp the year before last. You want to see him out there and you want to see what he can do, and you want to see him with opportunities which he wasn't necessarily getting when he was on the field this year.
Speaker 8: Having three contributing tight ends on your roster a gift. Huge. It is a gift. Lounda Wills is, Linda Wells is.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you a listen, front office, cut the check to keep this dude, Like, I don't figure it out?
Speaker 5: All right, boys, I want to take our first break really early because I want to save some time towards the end of of course, we have our picks today, but we also have a text line question. I want to open this up to the fans. I want you to give me your favorite Dallas Cowboy Monday night football memory, and when we come back, we will discuss and we have a lot more to get to. Micah Parsons wants to be the best in the world. We will find out. The text line is eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight. We will return after these messages from our sponsors.
Speaker 12: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store pick up a.
Speaker 1: Bag of Black Rifle coffee.
Speaker 12: That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee Today.
Speaker 14: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew.
Speaker 1: At and T five G.
Speaker 14: Fast reliable, secure.
Speaker 7: Five G requires campatable plan and device.
Speaker 8: Five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 1: See atd dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 12: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seven dollar order.
Speaker 1: Plus.
Speaker 12: Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 7: If you shout how about them Cowboys?
Speaker 15: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better. Yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold doctor pepper for everyone.
Speaker 7: The wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Welcome back to Talking Cowboys Live from Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 5: We're here, we are live, and we are Talking Cowboys. That's the name of the show. It's the name of the game. We're back because we want to talk about your favorite Dallas Cowboy Monday.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 7: By the way, this second brought to you by.
Speaker 5: Quicker Oats, the official opial sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Trust is in the eighteen seventy seven And if you want to buy your oats on the Internet, use the QR code in the left hand corner. Baby yeah, skinner right there, buyer oats?
Speaker 8: Sorry, are you?
Speaker 7: Just as the powdered wigs intended?
Speaker 8: What is the best Quaker Oats flavor? It's cinnamon, apple, peaches and cream, frost and falls.
Speaker 5: The strawberries and cream, cream, bred and cream. I'm a little loud of loves bearing cream brown sugar.
Speaker 3: There, I know, spaking all of them, all of them to be fair Quaker Oats, I mean, they're all stay best favor.
Speaker 8: Yeah there you.
Speaker 7: Go all right boys?
Speaker 5: Uh text line bring him in because we want to get your favorite Dallas Cowboy night football moments. The text line is a one seven, two nine zero through two nine to eight boys, start thinking, because I want towards the end of the segment, I want to.
Speaker 7: Already discuss you already got it? Yeah, well we'll say we'll save it, all right, boys.
Speaker 5: Michael Parson says he wants to be the best of the best against style best and the best sampunk styles. That was a good match, by the way, good darn right, darn right, buddy.
Speaker 8: Match. Is he right?
Speaker 7: Does he need to be the best in the league on Monday Night Football against Joe Burrow?
Speaker 8: He he wants to be the best where he needs to be the best.
Speaker 5: He said, he needs to be correct, yes yes, answer yes and yes yes yes.
Speaker 8: The answer is yes to both.
Speaker 10: He needs to be I mean, he's going to get help obviously from the Mary On overshown and the trajectory that that young man is on. He's going to get help from Chauncey Ghosting and Carl Lawson having really you know, turns doing a good job, absolutely damn good job as a matter of fact. So yeah, he's going to get help. We can honestly now sit here and say that Mike is going to get help. But he really does need to be him against Joe Burrow. We talked about getting pressure on Joe Burrow, right, he needs to be him with it. We talked about one of the keys to victory. He is going to be getting pressure on Joe Burrow. But it's bigger than just getting pressure. You got to get home on Joe Burrow. You can't just knock him off his spot because he creates another spot. Okay, you have to get the pressure and then get your hands on him, bully him, knock him around, get him on the ground.
Speaker 3: And that's how it has to happen. And that charge has to be led by Michael Parsons.
Speaker 10: So yes, I do believe going against an offensive this nature, he has to needs to be He needs to go full see him pump be the best in the world.
Speaker 7: Well, what's Mike's best game so far this season?
Speaker 8: This season?
Speaker 10: It's going to be one of the last four because prior to getting injured.
Speaker 7: Only one sack pre injury.
Speaker 10: You know what, I liked him. They didn't in the game, but I liked him against the Eagles.
Speaker 11: I would I would have said the same thing.
Speaker 8: I liked him against the.
Speaker 5: Eagles, and I think a big part of that is because his run blocking was was exactly where you needed to run stopping excuse me, is exactly where it needed to be, because typically the Eagles have run towards Micah in a lot of the situations.
Speaker 7: But I think for the most.
Speaker 5: Part, you were able to stuff the Eagles when it came to the run game. Isaiah, what do you think about Mike Parsons being the best in the league on Monday Night football?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, he got to figure it out. I mean, if you don't get pressure on Joe Burrow, he's gonna throw from five hundred yards and he will be having his Batmo bill out and we don't want to see the ball parking on eighteen.
Speaker 8: He probably fluid here just in case. Yeah, probably probably find it here.
Speaker 7: I would have drown it. Honestly.
Speaker 8: It's not street legal. It's not street legal.
Speaker 7: So I'm Joe Burrow, you know what I'm saying, because.
Speaker 8: That mean it's a legal or yeah, absolutely, I mean drop ship. Do you think Batman registered that with the d m V. I'm just saying that we don't want want to.
Speaker 1: Find out that's.
Speaker 7: Coming black and then so yeah, he.
Speaker 3: Definitely needs He understands the severity of this game. He understands that if he has more time than you want him to have, if he has more than two and a half seconds, he is going to chop up your defense because he has more. I mean, the reality is they have more weapons than we have guys that can stop him in the secondary.
Speaker 8: That's just fact. True. Take your emotions out of it. True story.
Speaker 9: Two and a half seconds right, yep, got a good stat for you guys here. So Michael Parsons has lined up on the left seventy seven percent of his snap since he came back in Week ten. In that time span, he's generated twenty four pressures. Twelve of them, which is the best in the league, have come in under two and a half seconds.
Speaker 8: Perfect.
Speaker 9: So this is a good matchup, and it's especially a good matchup because Amarius Mims, who's the right tackle for the Bengals, meaning that's probably who Parsons will end up going against at a good start to the year, only allowed eleven pressures one hundred and seventy one pass blocking snaps, but since then, he has allowed twenty one pressures on one hundred and ninety nine pass blocking maps.
Speaker 11: That's at least four in each game.
Speaker 9: Say more things like this, This is a good matchup for Michael Parsons and if he takes advantage of it.
Speaker 11: It's one thing to get to.
Speaker 9: The quarterback in less than two and a half seconds, because that throws Joe Burrow off his game. But like we talked about yesterday, he has been much better this year when he has to step up in the pocket, when he has to navigate around the pocket and make throws downfield pocket in the pocket, you have got to bring him down. That is how you slow this down. Because he can he can evade the pressure and make the throws. You've got to bring him down.
Speaker 5: One thing that worries me, though, when you look at the last Bengals game and what TJ. Watt was able to do, you'd think, and we talked about this a little bit yesterday, you'd think you'd want Michael Parsons to replicate what TJ.
Speaker 7: Watt did.
Speaker 8: You want more.
Speaker 7: However, the Bengals were able to put up thirty eight points.
Speaker 8: More to my point, he needs to be the best in the world.
Speaker 7: Well, it's clobber in time, Michael Parsons.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 10: And when you talk to him right now, he's sitting there with six and a half six and keep asking him, Hey, you're going to get hit the ten second marketing, He's like, yeah, ten sacks is that's the way he described it is. Ten sacks should be like breathing air, right, getting ten sacks in the season should be like that's that's not the standard.
Speaker 3: That's just one of the falls. Well, he's trying to get multiple sex a game, but like on average of one of game right now.
Speaker 10: But over the past several games since his return, he's starting to ramp up and get like one and a half to play catch up. So and and because he's trying to play catch up, right, Joe Burrow is really going to have to cut the mustard and try to get away from him. So yeah, so answer your question, he's got to go full see points. What do you do coverage wise, Michael? No, period?
Speaker 7: What do you do period?
Speaker 3: Mike's out there trying to trying to get to the QB, you know, allow for him to find spaces in his owner. You want to try to man up more.
Speaker 10: Oh, you mean just mean in general, not not necessarily, Michael. It depends are you getting are you getting home on your pressures? I mean, that's what we're talking about, because if you're not getting home on your pressures, then you should not be running man.
Speaker 8: I don't disagree.
Speaker 7: Tell me all right, I'm gonna say too high, but tell me why I'm wrong.
Speaker 8: Too high? Too high, because they'll run the ball. You're showing that you can.
Speaker 10: Stop the man versus zone though, and I like the running backs. If your pressure is effective, then I'm comfortable running man. If your pressure is not effective, then you got.
Speaker 8: To cover areas. You know what I mean. So it just depends.
Speaker 10: I say, start off playing man, and if it's not working well the first couple of series, then you pull back on that.
Speaker 3: The reason why I say mode, and the reason why I say that is because if you try to play, if you try to play zone versus the Cincinnati Bengals, they go they go three to four wides often often three receivers and plus consecute, so you got four, you know whatever, four options, and these guys get out and it's very difficult because they sit guys at every level and they find space and you don't need time.
Speaker 8: You don't need time to find gaps in zone.
Speaker 5: And if we're playing man with Trayvon Digs out there, or do you still feel the.
Speaker 3: Same way Trayvon Digs if you have about Digs and Doron Bland and j Lou Press, yes, press, and dare Joe Burrow to be as accurate as he could possibly be against your ball hawking corners and say, I need you to. I'm challenging you to this entire game to go out there. You say that you're the best in the league. You guys have been the two best corners in the league in terms of turnover the last few years.
Speaker 8: Go prove it. I'm calling pulling your man card right now. Go prove it.
Speaker 3: I don't care who the heck's is out there, Receiver, Jamar Chase, you're supposed to be a goome. Shut him down, all right. I'm challenging you to shut him down, no matter what side of the field he wants to go to. One of you guys to be waiting on him. But we're gonna press up and we're gonna play man. Don't get beat. If you do get beat, we'll have some help over the top. Right, But the intention is for you to shut him down, and then we need our front line.
Speaker 8: To get home. We cannot give him time and we can't give him space.
Speaker 10: And I was gonna say the second part of what you said is I agree press man challenge and also challenge your front seven to get home. That being said, this means a lot more pressure is gonna be on Malie Cooker and Donovan Wilson on back because if you're if Jay Lou and Demron Bland and Trevlon Diggs, if Treyvon Diggs plays, if they're playing press, then you have to know that certain mistakes are going to be made and you got to be able to cover that. That third level otherwise, big play and his name is Jamar Chase.
Speaker 3: Yeah, play play with depth, Just play twenty yards off the ball. I wouldn't even allow Malik Hooker or Donald regardless of who's that's free.
Speaker 8: I'm imagining it.
Speaker 3: Malik, if you're playing one high, single high, twenty yards deep minimum, I like, just protect, just protect the minimum.
Speaker 8: You are the safe dah safe.
Speaker 3: D meaning that you're the last line of defense. Make sure that you're the last line of defense. Keep everything in front of you.
Speaker 8: I like it.
Speaker 5: I like it all right, boys, let's pivot to our text line question. I want to talk about your favorite Dallas Cowboy Monday Night football moment. We already have a couple of text line responses so far. Brian from Kansas City says favorite Monday Night Football nineteen eighty three, Tony door Sets goes for the longest TD in Boys history against the Vikings TD. John Perry Hall from Maryland says the same exact thing Tony Dorset's TD run on Monday Night football. Boys, what is your favorite Monday Night football moment for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: I'm not a historian, you know.
Speaker 10: This one was tough for me because I was thinking about both of my top my favorite one, two of my top three favorite ones. TD for TD was definitely one of them. Another was this was a Super Bowl season, but it started with Monday Night football. EMITTT. Smith takes the first hand off of the season sixty yard touchdown, so that was special. But for me, the year was nineteen ninety eight, the average price of gasoline was one dollar and five cents in the United States, and the Cowboys had a gentleman by the name of Dion Prime.
Speaker 8: Sanders.
Speaker 10: Prime went off on Monday Night Football against the Giants in nineteen ninety eight. He showed you what Travis Hunter could end up being decades later. Okay, not only did he have a return for a touchdown, he also had a pick six and he also had a fifty two.
Speaker 8: Yard reception in that same game.
Speaker 10: And to make matters that much more entertaining, the fifty two yard reception wasn't from Troy Aikman, it was from Jason Garrett. That was a fun game, as the Cowboys went on to absolutely drag the Giants on national television. That is one of my favorite ones of all time.
Speaker 7: That's excellent. More recent history, Youngso youngs three twenty twenty.
Speaker 9: Three, Dakota dak Prescott in the playoffs on the road wild Card game on Monday Night Football, throws for four touchdowns against the guy.
Speaker 8: I don't know if you guys have heard of him, it's flavorful.
Speaker 7: Tom Brady Thomas, Brady Thomas, flavorful sin.
Speaker 9: It would end up being the last game of his career. And I was there and the Cowboys wanted thirty one to fourteen.
Speaker 8: I got that video that be best game ever?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, really quickly mine.
Speaker 7: I still think of to this day.
Speaker 5: This is like what made me like a die hard Cowboys fan, and this kind of puts ages me a little bit, or puts me in a very specific age range because Tony Romo Monday Night football. It was like the first Monday night football game in Buffalo, and like at the time, I think it was like twenty years Beam will correct me, I'm sure, but Tony Romo goes out and throws five interceptions five one, two, three, four, five interceptions, throws for fifty attempts three hundred and nine yards, two touchdowns, and then puts them in position to kick the longest field goal in NFL history one hundred and three yards.
Speaker 7: Because I believe its.
Speaker 5: Nick Folek had to kick two field goals in a row too. This is my favorite Cowboys team at the time, it was just a magnificent moment that that specifically the last like ten minutes of that game. My heart was racing because not only did Tony Romo throw what could potentially be game winning touchdown, but he throws an incomplete two point conversion to to O. They think they've won the game, we recover the on side kick and we go down That to me that was two thousand and Beam, you remember this.
Speaker 7: Was yes, it was seven seven, yes.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And that was actually one of the purest definitions of trying to ice a kicker, because that timeout came in within milliseconds and Nick Folk got back out there and booted it the second time.
Speaker 7: Again.
Speaker 8: He's still playing.
Speaker 5: Nick Folk is still playing, still in checks, still playing. Anyways, Beam, what about you, buddy? What about Chris Biemer? I want to get Beamer's account here, a long time.
Speaker 8: Bamer in the bag.
Speaker 16: Uh well, I was going through all these Monday night football games I've attended. There's only been that's a flick, Wow, thirty one games, which just didn't seem like a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm nineteen and twelve, but who's counting you?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 16: I think my most memorable one was probably.
Speaker 8: My first on the road.
Speaker 16: We did lose the game, but it was probably one of the greatest performances in my opinion, by Emmitt Smith. In one half, he ran for two touchdowns, broke his hand on the first one we got, we got a fumber recovery on the uh kickoff, and he the next run he ran for another touchdown, and then he went into the locker room, never see again. We lost twenty seven to seventeen. We were up, like seventeen to nothing, just like that. So that's probably my first one in Minnesota. It was pretty crazy.
Speaker 8: Favorite is a loss. It is because.
Speaker 16: You guys took it seven.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm looking at all the ones.
Speaker 16: I mean the one against Philly twenty one, twenty and five, Okay, I mean, like, was.
Speaker 7: That the Roy Williams interception? Yeah, picks it? Oh man, that was a good one, all right.
Speaker 16: So, like I mean, I have so many is of course thirty one.
Speaker 5: We got a couple more text line ones. Not sure of the date, ninety eight. I think this is the one you just said. Dion returns to punt and punt for a touchdown and interception for a touchdown in the same game versus New York Mario in South Texas.
Speaker 8: Chout Tom stx Mario were on the same page maybe.
Speaker 5: And then the game our buddy, Nevy, my favorite moment Monday night football memory is when we beat the Commanders September seventh of nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 10: I like that one too. That's a good one, Nevy shouts out the nails. That's a good one. All right, boys, let's are all good answers.
Speaker 7: Let's take our final break.
Speaker 5: When we come back, we have our Pickham segment, we have the Beaver's.
Speaker 7: Bulletin, and we've got some dolls to discout d ogs when we come back.
Speaker 5: Adobe from Dallascowboys dot com Talking Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah.
Speaker 14: Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G Fast, reliable and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T fi G Fast Reliable.
Speaker 12: Secure five G requires campapal plan and device five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 8: Seeatt dot com Slash five G for U fifty deals.
Speaker 2: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, Hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf, the official Agon Turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 6: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yetti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys. And we're going to overtime Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 13: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America Mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com. Slash Erica by your side. Bank of America, Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses to me. Very digital tool featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance, Message, data rate and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to Talking Cowboys live from this WVC PODC studio. This segment is brought to you by in Fizzle Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Break out them pearly whites for.
Speaker 7: The Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, boys, we got to finish up with our pick them segment. Now, two things, Kyle's in here but his thing, his loss, his loss. Kyle has his picks. And we don't have a fan caller this week because Tommy's in on the show and we want Tommy to get his picks in.
Speaker 7: Tommy, you will be picking for the fans this week.
Speaker 11: Let's do it.
Speaker 8: Are you picking up Texas?
Speaker 7: And I think it's time for Beamer's bulletin.
Speaker 8: I gotta work. So that happened. Thanks, Josh.
Speaker 1: How are you doing today?
Speaker 7: Excellent?
Speaker 16: Well you're sitting in second place, so just stick stay right where you're at. Okay, buddy, the second Patrick is still in first, he's the top dog.
Speaker 7: The Josh is tied with Kyle in second.
Speaker 1: How did that happen?
Speaker 16: Fifty one wins and twenty three losses?
Speaker 7: Fans are in fourth.
Speaker 16: And someone needs to stop picking so many puppies because stam Backy is dead. Steal dead, blast is Isaiah Stammy hit it.
Speaker 8: They had to create that winning so much in the past year.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: What I'm saying.
Speaker 16: Well, let's just say this everybody, last week puppies because we need there was no dogs picked last week.
Speaker 8: Those those are to slate.
Speaker 7: Thank to you, Josh, Thank you Christopher Beamer. And now we got to pick our dogs.
Speaker 5: So first, our options here for dogs are Browns at Steelers, Raiders at Bucks, Panthers at Eagles, and Jets at Dolphins.
Speaker 7: Patrick kick us off our top doll.
Speaker 10: You know, man, I'm just for the first time this season, I'm going to tap into the Jamis Winston experience.
Speaker 8: Deliver you from pick sixes.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, quote was crazy, but yeah, anytime a guy can throw for that many yards, yeah, he's just a ride man.
Speaker 8: So I'm going Browns against Steelers. I like it.
Speaker 7: I like it, Tommy, who is your doll?
Speaker 9: My dog spelled d o g s is going to be the Jets over the Dolphins. A more leaning on their defense in this game than I am on their offense.
Speaker 7: Are you on that? Aaron Rodgers? Ayahuasca, I am not.
Speaker 9: I am actually the furthest thing, but I think their defense gets done in this game.
Speaker 7: Interesting, give me Bryce Young, Bryce.
Speaker 8: I was thinking he's balling, get get quadruple points if I win. Panthers versus Young versus Jalen Hurts were talking about to change the game of the ninth in Yeah, just stay back there.
Speaker 5: All right, just to alright, so I've les Kyle's picking the Browns.
Speaker 7: Just okay, let me go with the Raiders at the Bucks. I don't know why, but just give it a shot, just to be different.
Speaker 8: Vegas rolded exactly that seven straight seven hot hand in a nice game, all right.
Speaker 5: So we got our picks to make. Let's kick it off with Falcons at Vikings.
Speaker 7: Tommy Yarish.
Speaker 9: I'm taking the Vikings in this one. I don't think that Kirk Cousins is going to play as poorly as he did in his last outing, But I do think that Brian Flores has done a phenomenal job with this Vikings defense and the you got Justin Jefferson on the other side of the field. Anytime you've got that, you're in good hands. And Aaron Jones running the ball really well. Give me Minnesota.
Speaker 7: Is it time to see Michael Pennock shooner yet? In Atlanta?
Speaker 8: Sure they're saying no, but he's right.
Speaker 3: The leash is shorter the US Michael Pennicks, maybe he's phenomenal.
Speaker 8: You going with, yeah, you did them moment.
Speaker 7: Okay, he's not playing, but you don't know.
Speaker 8: Halftime.
Speaker 7: Kyle is going with the Vikings. I am also going with the Vikings.
Speaker 8: Kirk cole homecoming.
Speaker 10: If he wasn't playing such up and down football, lot take him and the Falcons.
Speaker 8: But I'm taking the Vikings in this one, So nobody.
Speaker 10: You don't think Kirk is gonna show up, No, I think, but his job on the line, I think he could. But look at his last several outings Man it's with his job on the line. His job has been on the line for the last defense for me, well to be to be fair, his job was.
Speaker 8: On the line when Penis was drafted and ever since.
Speaker 10: Any case, he came out of the gate fight. But I'm saying he came out of the gate firing. But he's starting to stumble. At no point during the season or since Pinnis was drafted has his job not been on the line.
Speaker 8: So you see you.
Speaker 9: Just so nobody from the state of Georgia is winning this weekend.
Speaker 8: Oh. One way for you to look at wow, I've just tried to. Another way for you to look at it is remember that was cold.
Speaker 9: I keep receipts, I will well that's why, Well I'm going to I haven't.
Speaker 11: I haven't tweeted anything because the.
Speaker 9: First time this game happened, I'm going to clip. As soon as those clocks hit zero. I got like eight different Twitter notifications from this guy.
Speaker 7: Heks in the Shadows. He really all right?
Speaker 8: Boys?
Speaker 7: Our next game is Jackquars at Titans.
Speaker 8: See what you do there?
Speaker 7: You like it? Shadow Jacks are Titans.
Speaker 10: Jacks were struggling, even with Trevor started to turn up a little bit. But Trevor's out for the season, so it's Titans for me.
Speaker 5: Tony, Yeah, Tony Pollard for me. Oh and Kyle picks the Titans as well.
Speaker 8: Mother was a free agent, right, he.
Speaker 7: Was a free agent?
Speaker 8: Technically interesting, that's a conversation for another day.
Speaker 7: But how much did they pay? How much would we pay?
Speaker 8: Question?
Speaker 7: All right, Seahawks at the Cardinals.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna start with Isaiah. We know the Cardinals because they're not right.
Speaker 8: Which cardinal cardinal has like a little little.
Speaker 1: Guys wearing a Mariner's hat?
Speaker 7: Who do you think he's exactly all right? What about you? Tommy?
Speaker 9: Give me the Cardinals in this one. I'm picking the Cardinals in an upset the.
Speaker 3: Fighting Kyler Murray's Yeah, Seattles getting a defense back. They are, they are, But I don't see Seattle sweeping the Cardinals. So I'm going Cardinals playing sweet Baby. I don't sweet Baby, it's too competitive of both teams type of competitive. I think it's a defense back, defense getting healthy. Give me the Seahawks here, that's right.
Speaker 7: I don't like it anyways. Do they have Kyle's picking the Cardinals?
Speaker 11: Can they get Marvin Harrison Junior?
Speaker 3: Involved is the biggest the Ques question, we're gonna think we're gonna hit him in his chest?
Speaker 8: Cat, I think they do all.
Speaker 7: Right, boys, Bears at forty nine ers.
Speaker 8: Oh, Bears, this is fun.
Speaker 7: Bears.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm picking the Bears.
Speaker 9: I think that are you you know, getting getting uh you know, every time you see a coach get fired, usually the week after, there's that rejuvenation in the locker room, right exactly. Caleb Williams has been playing really well, he's getting better with each game.
Speaker 11: Forty nine ers are banged up. I'm picking the Bears.
Speaker 7: Bears.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I do agree that we talked about this before, and when there's a head coaching change, typically not always, though, typically there's a surge in the next two games to follow. But I don't know that that happens to the degree that it's going to outweigh for me. Seeing what a fourth consecutive loss on a Kyle Shanahan resume, I'm not I don't know about that, No, gym, I'm taking forty nine.
Speaker 9: Ers in this one.
Speaker 7: Well, who's running for the Niners, that's my that's the question.
Speaker 10: But I mean his system has also shown that you can plug some guys in and.
Speaker 8: Make them effective.
Speaker 7: We're gonna get keep going.
Speaker 8: I just don't listen. Four straight losses for Shanahan.
Speaker 5: Kyle has the Bears really quickly charged the chiefs.
Speaker 8: Chiefs, chiefs.
Speaker 10: Chiefs are using black magic nowadays, just the chiefs with the.
Speaker 7: Power of Satan.
Speaker 8: Yeah, chiefs, chiefs, Isaiah, give me the chargers.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was.
Speaker 11: I was on the fence too.
Speaker 8: I mean they got a false but I've just seen so much.
Speaker 7: Call Yuman has the Chiefs dark magic.
Speaker 8: Now it is.
Speaker 7: The game of the week. Well, it's the game of the Monday anyways. Fangles at Cowboys on Monday night. Football Boys, who are we picking? And what is the score?
Speaker 3: I'll leave with it the Cowboys. If the Cowboys, if you gotta take your statement stop it is the chest Friday.
Speaker 8: It's time to say with all right, say it, do it.
Speaker 10: Cowboys finally committed to Rico Dawdle in the run. Brock Hoffmann helps with the blocking up front, Lamb Cooks and Ferguson do what they do, and Michael Parsons and De Moo have a party in the backfield. All those things happening. The Cowboys is still a close one. It's not a shootout. They lose a shootout, but Cowboys take this one twenty seven, twenty four, twenty seven to twenty four.
Speaker 7: I think it's oh, go ahead, Tommy.
Speaker 9: I think that this is a game where we, like we talked about, the Cowboys are going to try to establish the run to let this clock trickle down. The problem with that is Cincinnati's offense can score in a hurry and they are way too good. So I'm taking the Bengals in this one thirty one twenty one.
Speaker 5: Kyle Yeomans has the Bengals as well, thirty four twenty one. I think this is going to be a defensive battle. I think this is going to be I think a lot of defenses are both sides of the Cowboys and Bengals defense are thinking like, all right, what's where's all the scoring coming from?
Speaker 8: What do you mean?
Speaker 5: And they're gonna make it a close game. Give me the Dallas Cowboys seventeen thirteen.
Speaker 8: That is it.
Speaker 11: I can see that.
Speaker 8: Twenty seven twenty three.
Speaker 3: That's right, Cowboys get six sacks on Joe Burrow and the Cowboys win. I'd said that I had that there's a high probability that they're gonna win out.
Speaker 8: I think that there's a chance. So I think Dallas continues to get better as guys continue to get back. Our scores are almost similar. I know, like the price is right at you and give me one.
Speaker 5: Give me a Turble Turby speed speed for one time. He's going to be flying down. Then Tury Turkey speed speed.
Speaker 7: He's gonna give him my year. It's gonna be so fast even expected. Buddy.
Speaker 5: When we come back, we'll be back talking Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Tuesday slow motion. We'll be back on Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Tune in for Cowboys storyline. Next we'll be back. Thank you for Patrick Nussey Walker. Thank you for Tommy Arris, I stand back. Chris byam in the back. Cali Omens will.
Speaker 7: See him tuesda Hey, buddy, for Joffridriguez, We'll see you.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.