Speaker 1: It's nine O G one leg with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling. Oh okay, people, we're back. Sounded like a game thank you? Oh alrighty, like let's do this.
Speaker 2: That was good.
Speaker 1: Hi, guys, it's real a fortune with guards.
Speaker 3: And don't get her distracted. She loves a good game.
Speaker 1: Dreams right now. I want to be a game show host so bad.
Speaker 3: She was great at it. No, because you jump in and just want to like say the answers.
Speaker 1: I'd be so happy for people.
Speaker 2: You guys should watch this new game show one Percent. It's on Amazon. I don't know why there's only one episode, but my friend produced it. And the questions are like really fun because like the first half you're like, I can do it. The second half.
Speaker 1: You're like, no chance.
Speaker 2: But it's good. Watch a percent. Yeah, it's like and it kind of makes you you test your brain. You're like, oh, this is like good exercise for my brain.
Speaker 1: Why is it called one percent? Though?
Speaker 2: Because uh, like at the end only one percent of people can get the answer right.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's like factually like they.
Speaker 1: Patton Oswalt's the host, but who wrote that?
Speaker 2: In who else watched one percent? In our group?
Speaker 1: I love Patton Oswalt. Oh my god, Rein, I watched it.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, he's adorable. I would love to go on that show. I was thinking you were saying it was a show for the one percent, and I was like, I don't think that's a good idea. What are we talking about this week?
Speaker 3: Y'all?
Speaker 2: Billionaires are allowed to watch it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys, lovers my got this episode.
Speaker 1: It's wait, lovers Leap.
Speaker 2: Heared me a little.
Speaker 3: It's a lot.
Speaker 1: It's pretty scary, you guys.
Speaker 2: It was intense.
Speaker 3: Intense. Intens is a great word, and that thank you.
Speaker 2: It was intense, and it was kind of like, Okay, let's just I want to talk about it all, talk about it all.
Speaker 1: Let's dive in.
Speaker 2: Let's dive in.
Speaker 1: But first, all right, this is it? Season six, episode five. Lovers Leap aired October fourth, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety five. Sorry, I'm just thinking about nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks silently over there.
Speaker 3: What happened to your life in nineteen ninety five? Should we sague?
Speaker 2: It's a junior in college? No, I was a senior. Now think I was a senior. I was a senior in college. We were watching you guys. In Melrose plays non stop, NonStop.
Speaker 1: Excuse me misspelling? Can you please give us a synopsis?
Speaker 3: Maybe more than happy to synopsis David's dramas. There's a bad memories for Valerie, while Dylan gets got snooping through Tony Marsha's study. Brandon finally breaks down Susan's stuff exterior, Donna's shame for dating a guy from Mercita, and Steve goes in for a smooch that prompts Claire to give him an a plus. In French Kissing y'all.
Speaker 1: Mmm, directed by Bethany Rooney, written by Ken Stringer, I mean, wow, this was a pretty cool opening, you guys. This whole thing with David's mom has val really stirred up emotionally.
Speaker 3: The dream scary dream.
Speaker 1: She has some daddy issues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that scared me a little. It was like a little poltergeistye with that hallway running down.
Speaker 1: It was cool. I love the way it was done.
Speaker 3: It was dark, loves to sprinkle stuff. I wonder who like really liked that, like horror esque dream sequence stuff, because it happens, well, not quite frequently, but enough that it's like I can't imagine Fox was like, hey, we're on board with this, So, like I call that noir.
Speaker 2: A little bit like it was shot a little film noir, like how it was all greeny, black and white and.
Speaker 1: Grayish film noiry. Yeah, it was good. Whatever the heck it was like it it was cool.
Speaker 3: Get it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, guys, obviously she has issues.
Speaker 1: Like, well now we're finding out we're finding out why she is so messed up because it's bad.
Speaker 2: That would be like beyond bad, beyond traumatizing, Like I have to give her a little more grace, although I still think she's kind of like a Conniver.
Speaker 3: But do you feel like at this point, I mean, alre screwed one of their series regulars, like Ray not redeemable, can't bring them back. But after a season of Valerie, they're like, wait, here's one of our main female leads, Like we have to make her somewhat redeemable, so we're going to go back into this. Is that why this is happening?
Speaker 1: Great question? Yes, I think so. I think I would feel like if I was writing this show and producing this show and we had a main cast member that people were really starting to not like, I would go in right, we would go in and we would say, let's find out why she is the way she is. Let's yeah, let's redeem her a little bit so people understand her more.
Speaker 2: She's sort of like you like or you hater. You like her, you hater, You're curious, you love to hate her. She's kind of very all of it.
Speaker 1: I think that they're also seeing like she's very lovable, this character and the way Tiffany plays her very she can be very soft and very lovable and you do kind of just want to hug her and be friends with her. But then there's that other side.
Speaker 2: For me, there was just so much Tiffany Brian in this episode as opposed to Valerie.
Speaker 1: David you said that last time.
Speaker 2: I know, but it is like I can't help up Cory, am I right?
Speaker 1: Don't get her upset? I know, like, why do you do this? Wait, let's just.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about something chemistry.
Speaker 1: How about Steve Sanders His some of his worst lines were in this episode, some of the most well, not really some of its most offensive, but could be.
Speaker 2: Here's should not be open if there is a rodent in it? Like there's a mouse crawling around on all y'all's toes do.
Speaker 1: You want to hear the Steve Sanders lines that I was just gonna say or not, because can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry. It just totally made me picture Steve at the table with that mouse on her foot.
Speaker 1: You go, okay, just before we get into it. This place makes us look like we're from the wrong side of the tracks. That's what he's talking about when he sees the marsh, that massion. You can't say that, Steve Sanders, And that's what you get for dating someone from Rosita preferring to Ray Pruitt.
Speaker 3: But do you feel like that was a sign the sign of the times like it was nineteen ninety five? Yes, I mean now Recita is like.
Speaker 1: Juice Ye in the Valley, like Rosita is where at the sight.
Speaker 3: If I was back living in Reseda right now.
Speaker 1: It's so true.
Speaker 2: Valley was so much more like the valley back in the nineties. Oh you live in the valley.
Speaker 1: You didn't want to be No, no, no, no, no no no. I've proudly always been eight one eight and AOL.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, the same right here, eight one a and AOL.
Speaker 1: Let's give it up for the ladies of a certain age.
Speaker 3: All three of us. Yes, you're not, you're three one oh, I one eight.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not, I'm I'm I live three one oh, but my phone is eight one eight because of the odds.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. I live three two three, but I'm so eight one eight. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: She had to make sure to get that in just to clarify.
Speaker 2: So, Jenny, I do apologize for getting rote and distracted, But can we just talk for a second, Like, what the hell is with the storyline of the mouse?
Speaker 1: It's cute, he's so cute, Donna holds him. And that's also not a mouse. I think that's a rat.
Speaker 3: How do you know it was a mouse?
Speaker 1: It just was big. When I see a big mouse, I think that's a rat.
Speaker 3: No, No, you're right, you would. You had a big now.
Speaker 1: You had to hold You picked this rat up off the ground and hailed it like a baby.
Speaker 3: I know. I'm wondering if this you know a lot of time we watch back and I'm like, you guys, not even my character. I'll be like, wait, storyline happened to you that that didn't I My parents like feed the writers that this was going on in life. But but you have rats okay, I did. Oh, and my dad on his property had a real police car from like one of his sets, but he would have it out so that if anyone would come up, they'd be like, oh, the police are here, and not like break in. This is before the big mansion.
Speaker 2: This pause, I'm sorry pause. You had a police car for like TJ Hooker? Was that your show? TJ Hooker? Like what show?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Transpo from one of his sets just showed up with it one day and I was like embarrassed because my friends are coming over to visit and I was like something happening, and they're like, no, we're just gonna leave it out here because if anyone were to somehow, I was like, get past all your for security in the guards room, Like what do you mean? What do we need this too? AnyWho? I rescued two rats. That's a lie about them in that store. It was back in the day before rescue. It was nineteen ninety five, wrong side of the tracks. So bought them and hid them in the police car. Why you know, I love animals.
Speaker 1: You didn't think they would get out?
Speaker 3: They didn't. My mom found them and we had to rehome them.
Speaker 1: Why would your mom. Okay, this story has so many holes. A. Why would you put them in a police car? They could probably find their way out because they're rats, and that's what they do. They find their ways, you know, eat their way out of things. And B why was your Why was Candy Spelling looking in the car for your rats?
Speaker 3: Oh? Because I think I when I had friends over, like we would like sneak out and go back there, and maybe she was like looking to see if we were like I was like sixteen, like sneaking in some bartles and dreams very cooler. Remember those Wait wait, wait, wait.
Speaker 1: Wait, you were in the car drinking.
Speaker 3: It might be this's worse right now. I was a really good girl, you know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I just I did think he looks like you look natural holding the rat, So I felt like, maybe you must be familiar with practice.
Speaker 3: I was rat familiar.
Speaker 2: Do yourselves a favor, I'm not even kidding. Yeah, anyone listening do yourselves as a favor and go on Kyle Richard's Instagram or TikTok I'm not sure which one and watch her get trapped in her car with a rat on the side her.
Speaker 3: It's so everyone's like is it set up like right, or you can also go and look up a clip. I believe it's on Jimmy Fallon where Nicole Ritchie just said that she did the same thing when she was a teen and bought rats and she had one named Tori Spelling that attacked her mom, and her mom woke up and it was on her eye and they had to return to the pet store. Fine, it was the Tori Spelling is causing happening.
Speaker 2: I do have a friend who has chickens. I think I've told you about that are named Donna Martin and Kelly Taylor. But anyway, let's get back to it.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, please please do. Let's go back to it.
Speaker 3: So wrote and story. We're done with that.
Speaker 1: The peach pit has a rat and it nibbles on Steve and Claire's toes.
Speaker 2: That letter ce this was before the time, but you know how all the restaurants in LA have those letters.
Speaker 1: This one would be a big fig s. Yes, But let's go back to the top where we see Dylan right going to the Marshett mansion. His cool car. That's car is really cool, you guys. I never really fully appreciated it, even in it, making out in it, doing all kinds of things in it. Never really took a good look at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mistake, because it's pretty cool. He's pretty cool, she's they're a good looking couple.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And she's having a dinner party for him tomorrow night at his house and she's invited all his friends.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feels like it feels like a lot too fast, like too like she's moving in.
Speaker 3: She's gonna get killed in Texas, had kay?
Speaker 1: That is not fair anyway. So Tony is giving Dylan a tour of the mansion and he goes in the She takes him into her dad's office and he finds a picture of his dad.
Speaker 2: That was so weird.
Speaker 1: Why is there a picture a framed photo of Tony Marshett with his arms around Jack? Okay?
Speaker 2: And then he lies, I'm like, I don't know these people who's that?
Speaker 1: That was too convenient y'all?
Speaker 3: Wy. But for us the viewers were like, oh, but.
Speaker 1: Why was it in there? Were they friends?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: And why did they go from friend to foe?
Speaker 1: Yes? Why did they go from friend to I'm going to kill you?
Speaker 3: I bet we're going to find out though?
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, good good good. Back at the peach pit, Kelly and Claire are dubious about Tony inviting everyone to her house for dinner. Just what I said, I was dubious just a moment ago didn't have the word for it. But now I know.
Speaker 2: Weird that she's been in the scene for what a week or two and she's like inviting them behind us back. It's just very strange.
Speaker 1: I mean, it makes sense, yeah, but it makes sense that Kelly would be like, I don't know, this feels weird, But why is Claire all worked up?
Speaker 3: Claire's let stuff happen to you. Stuff happened to me. She's not dubious about anything. Now she's dubious about this girl.
Speaker 1: I just want to say the word dubious over here.
Speaker 2: I know, anything more awkward for everybody, yes than Kelly Taylor at a party with Dylan and Brandon with Dylan's like new girlfriend.
Speaker 1: And Brandon's new girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yes, and and Kelly's new boyfriend. It was so weird, like just so not going to happen.
Speaker 1: But not you guys.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have it any other way.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 1: Wait, let's go to the hospital and talk about David, because he's visiting his mom and the doctor tells Melan David that Sheila is not responding and that they want to give her electric shock therapy.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't was that that real at the time?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is that real? Now?
Speaker 1: Wait, did you guys ever see that movie with? It's my favorite movie with Jessica lan Francis, best movie ever.
Speaker 3: We've never watched it together, but.
Speaker 1: No, but I love that movie and only because I've always wanted a lobotomy.
Speaker 3: Wait we didn't get one of those years ago?
Speaker 1: Sure, No, that's her favorite movie because I've always wanted a lobotomy, Like whenever my brain is racing and I'm just so stressed out, Like please, somebody just give me a lebotomy, because it worked out for Francis.
Speaker 2: It did. It didn't work well, did not work.
Speaker 3: But by the way, if you guys have not seen that movie, you really should got a farm. It's called Francis. Jessica Ling is amazing in it and favorite it sounds like she wasn't crazy in my opinion.
Speaker 1: No, anyway, the electric shock of it all, I knew somebody that got electric shock therapy.
Speaker 3: Seriously, did it work?
Speaker 1: I think yes? It was?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I was in a group with her and she was getting electric shop the shock therapy to help her with her addictions. Oh wow, mm hmmm mm hmm. But this doctor says that there's a risk of dying from the electric shock.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna stick. I'm gonna stick with the.
Speaker 1: Tapping a little safer. It's like low dose electric shock to the brain to like wake up sleepy parts of the brain.
Speaker 4: Tapping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's other ways. Now, see you, Brandon, are you tapping?
Speaker 2: Because I'm not gonna I'm gonna stick with the tap.
Speaker 1: Tap it up, tap it down.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Back at the SeeU, Brandon invites Susan to the dinner party just to make it more awkward, and she gives him an ultimatum that he needs to quit his job if he wants to date her, and she she admits that she is attracted to him. Uh duh. And she's just afraid of that workplace romance.
Speaker 2: Like they could figure this out in the college newspaper.
Speaker 1: It's not that big of a workplace, please you guys with his job, ain't nobody getting paid? Are they getting paid for that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Good question, You get paid on the college. I'm gonna go no, what was called the Daily Cow, and I don't I would assume you don't get paid.
Speaker 1: But I have no idea. But I'm going to think my instinct advertisement.
Speaker 3: So maybe May asked a question you in high school, like you want to be on the newspaper because you're you know, it looks good? Yeah, yeah, reference for college once you're in college, Like, what does it help you with? Like, it's not like a job the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: You get a job if you're the editor of the Daily Cow, and then you want to get the San Francisco Chronicle.
Speaker 1: Looks good.
Speaker 2: Definitely, it's a good look.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I never really appreciated Houston. I was just like, shame me.
Speaker 3: Sha dating a boy from Rosita.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that shame beats. That is a wildly misused term these days.
Speaker 3: It really is shame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't shame me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shame is rough. We'll could do a whole episode on shame.
Speaker 1: Don't food shame me.
Speaker 3: I get that a lot. I hit my teens all the time. Tell me not to shame me too.
Speaker 2: Oh. Kids, these days, they own their they own their ship, they own it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so good. I can't wait to see how that works out for.
Speaker 3: Them may there's so many others. I'm just like, you guys are too smart for your own good.
Speaker 1: Well, this is what I love the most. They say this all the time. Are you okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They love to say are you okay?
Speaker 1: And then they say anytime you do anything, like if they mess up something, and they're like, oh, I love it that they're asking themselves that question.
Speaker 3: So mine do this? Fu jen But they're not. But we both know they're not. They don't care care. They're like, okay, we trying to make you think, like, oh.
Speaker 1: That is shaming in itself right there, I.
Speaker 3: Say it, yes, right now.
Speaker 1: It's like mm hmmmmm that that is equal to shaming. Are you okay? Anyway? Sorry, let's see. I just wanted to say I never really knew how stinking cute Susan Keats is. She's I just never really appreciated her comedic little timing, and and we.
Speaker 2: Talked about it, how like in my mind I barely remember her, and fact, the gay heart is just huge in my mind. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: If it's it's probably because they were at the same time. So yeah, well you had to pick one or the other.
Speaker 2: And I want to ruin it to remember trauma coming and so Susan.
Speaker 1: Keats nop okay, good? Do you guys want to go to the dorm?
Speaker 2: Worse?
Speaker 1: Kelly and Donna do. They go there to check on David and he shuts them out because he is so upset about his mom. It's really sad. And you know what, he is so good in this storyline because acting is chef's kiss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was good. He was, He actually really was. He was pretty subtle with how good he was.
Speaker 3: Look, I feel like I can't like interject, Everyone's gonna be like, oh, she's just so like she was always in love with him. But that aside, I feel like whenever Brian was given really great dramatic moments, he was excellent and it just was few and far between.
Speaker 1: M I'm with you on that one, but I loved working with him when it came to, like us doing dramatic stuff together. I'm sure you did too.
Speaker 3: Same.
Speaker 1: Valerie at the Walsh House is writing an email to Cindy to update her on things in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 3: That sweet.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we hear her voice at some point.
Speaker 1: Sorry, she's in the Carol Potter is in the credits this episode, so I was so excited we were going to here, and then all we did was hear her, which was okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless your Carol pops Like.
Speaker 3: They had to pay her to be in it, But do they pay her less if they just hear a voiceover?
Speaker 2: Obviously? I don't know, guys, Obviously.
Speaker 1: Really probably it was probably like a set amount because she was now officially off the show, so that contract maybe was off over done, right, This was just like, hey, can you come in and do a voiceover real quick?
Speaker 2: Well, she's probably like, I'll take the ten g's to record, you know, three lines five minutes money, But I'm just making it up.
Speaker 3: She's like, but do you have a grazing board? That's my only question. I'm wondering.
Speaker 1: Do you have any props that I could eat while I'm recordingset bless Her.
Speaker 3: Said this to her and she laughed about it. She left back then, and the prop department would be like.
Speaker 1: Oh, here comes Carrel because you.
Speaker 3: Know, we just always knew the drill. It would be all set up, beautiful and rehearsal. You just didn't want it. You didn't eat it, and then in the scene you ate it. And then they had to match it and do all that, and she would be doing rehearsal and she'd just be eating the food. So they had to start. Would they spray it.
Speaker 1: With like slimy stuff whatever? The shiny made it shiny? Okay? So Valerie also in this scene, tells Brandon that she's the one who found her dad after he killed himself. That's heavy, really really like really heavy, like the heaviest you can carry on your shoulders for the rest of your life. You feel bad for her.
Speaker 3: Now and now I just now I'm mad at your man. The gym wasn't nicer to her, Like he knew that, and he knew that.
Speaker 1: Why wasn't he's more sympathetic to her?
Speaker 3: Obviously?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she had non stop therapy.
Speaker 1: Oh now my crush might be over.
Speaker 2: Why wasn't she just all kinds of counseling.
Speaker 3: I won't be come on our show. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. The Valerie's mom also another worse thing, even maybe even worse. Her mom blames her for her father's death because she was a disappointment. Boy. Yeah, a lot for a young girl to carry around.
Speaker 3: I got to be honest, I watched this and I just wanted to hand all of our men over to her and be like, you know what, take the hall pass. She gets, like a serious pass. She may take everybody and.
Speaker 2: Kiss over to her.
Speaker 1: You guys, I never knew this, like I as Kelly basically never knew this because Kelly never knew this, So that's why they never got along. But I does Kelly ever find these things out and become more sympathetic to her? Does anybody in the cast other than Brandon know this?
Speaker 2: Or now?
Speaker 1: David?
Speaker 3: I don't remember knowing this.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: We knew he killed himself. I think from the beginning.
Speaker 1: It was briefly mentioned.
Speaker 2: It wasn't why she moved to La.
Speaker 1: So this is really crazy, and she's having these bad nightmares and waking up terrified. It's so sad. It were really sad for you. Bell back to the SeeU, You're like, how about that? And over the gang is coming back from watching One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
Speaker 2: Okay, totally random film, Yeah, like really really random, and Claire.
Speaker 1: Makes a comment that if David doesn't snap out of his stress with his mom, he'll land in the Cuckoo's Nest.
Speaker 3: They would never have been watching that.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't seem like a movie that a bunch of college kids are gonna go.
Speaker 1: Well, it was an Academy Award winning film in nineteen seventy six, so that's something you do go back and watch because in your film Clatty.
Speaker 2: But I don't know about like on a Thursday night.
Speaker 3: And not a great movie for David to go guys like Billy Madison or something, the Top.
Speaker 2: Gully in Our Lives Yeah, yeah, ninety five. I don't remember, but it would have been like, you know, something good, Yeah, then we speed or something. Let's go watch.
Speaker 1: Speed Ooh I love that movie. Oh. Anyway, back at the Marshette mansion, Bruno tells Tony she's getting too involved with Dylan, and then he watches the makeout in the backyard.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised that Bruno is really like letting her be with him. He knows who he is, he.
Speaker 1: Loves her, I know, Oh yeah, what's the deal.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's a little creepy.
Speaker 1: And he kind of wants to Yeah, I'm sorry. He loves her just a little too much, you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's like, well I can't hammer, so.
Speaker 1: Okay. Anyway, We're gonna keep talking.
Speaker 3: When I'm off hours. Is he ever off?
Speaker 1: They ever get off?
Speaker 3: I'm serious?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, we're talking about the peach pit now. And there's a mouse and Steve puts his arm around Claire and she likes it.
Speaker 2: She thinks he's playing foot seats because there's a critter on her toe.
Speaker 1: I kind of enjoyed the close up of their feet. I gotta say, I like seeing their shoes.
Speaker 2: I would never eat there ever again, ever, ever again.
Speaker 1: If you knew the things that go on in a restaurant. Back at David's, storm Mail comes by and tells David to convince his mom to agree to the electric shock treatment because it's always good to with your son in a position like that. No cute, lord, nobody is protecting these kids.
Speaker 3: You just noticed this. Yeah, and we all turned out we they us, they pretty well considering.
Speaker 2: Your parents are a mess, like literally, your parents. Your mom's a mess, your mom's a drug addict, mels. What it's happening like.
Speaker 3: A point is like we are the parents. This show is about the kids, not the parents, and the parents are just like figuring it out, and all the kids are stepping up and actually making it work.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's how it is, though, I feel like that way with my own children. Do you feel that way, Like I'm really figuring this out as I go, making it up this whole like raising children into young adults, and then they have it so much more together.
Speaker 2: I agree, Yeah, causing damage that they'll deal with when they're fifty.
Speaker 1: Also, it'll it'll tell.
Speaker 3: Us about turned sixteen. And the other day there was a little argument going on within the house and she said, guys, you need to remember this is mom's first life too. She's light.
Speaker 1: My daughter said the same thing.
Speaker 2: Isn't that amazing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was like a turning point for me too. Mom's figuring this out. I love that message so much. I'm so glad she said that too. They must teach them that at like sixteen, because that was about the age that Fiona realized it too. Maybe they saw it on.
Speaker 2: TikTok that you might just have kids that figured stuff out. That's pretty amazing.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, back to the.
Speaker 1: Mouse, Back to the mouse. No, we're done with the mouse.
Speaker 2: Disgusting.
Speaker 1: We're going to go to the dinner.
Speaker 2: Party, Claire. Before that, how are we feeling about them?
Speaker 1: Is that where they kissed.
Speaker 2: No, not yet, not yet, But how did you feel about it? I'm not mad at it at all.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not mad.
Speaker 3: I''m mad at it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I kind of like it.
Speaker 3: I like them together the most out of all his romances.
Speaker 2: More than a carry. Grant's daughter, Jennifer Grant. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean because Claire has a sense of herself and she's you know, she claps back at him, yeah, and she keeps him in line. I love that about their relationship, and I think that that's why he's attracted to her, because she's not just like sitting there silently letting him do his thing. She's like, hello, we already.
Speaker 2: Had the scene where he comes running in with the tossled hair and the shirt off. Yeah, that wasn't.
Speaker 1: That's entering Valerie's nightmare. Valerie's nightmare. He comes in and his hair's forward. Did you guys see it?
Speaker 2: The hair was great.
Speaker 1: The hair was not up. The hair was forward like this like little baby bangs.
Speaker 2: I had a moment of light.
Speaker 1: Oh wows too. I was like, he's hot, Yeah, he's hot. I was like, what, Amy's crushed this episode?
Speaker 3: So now like I think it was a miss and I know it couldn't have ever played out that way that Brandon. Sorry, Brandon and Claire. I just feel like.
Speaker 1: No, don't. I don't want to hear what you're about to say if that happens.
Speaker 3: No oh no, no meaning because Brandon's kind of your guy.
Speaker 1: Wait, but do Brandon and Claire get together?
Speaker 3: It already happened, so it was like ago, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, you guys, I don't remember last week's episode.
Speaker 3: It's okay, but it was never a thing. Remember she had like a crush on him, and she was a bad girl. But now she's evolved, and you know, well, now she's evolved.
Speaker 1: She went through David, now she's on to Steve.
Speaker 3: Now she's on to Steve. But now they hadn't flushed out her character. She was supposed to be that character and now she's one of us, and she I just now present day, present day now season six, like it would be cool to see Brandon and Clare together. I just feel like their chemistry and their banter since she's super smart and know that, then align.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would, it would, it definitely would. I want to talk about that dinner party though, because it was so it was soups awk. Oh, so everybody's there. Kelly, of course wears red dress to make everything more uncomfortable, wearing a red sweatshirt just say it. It's a red day. Susan and Tony are expressing their feelings about Kelly and what else happens there. It's just there's it's so awkward. I can barely think about it until.
Speaker 2: The most part, Like, Hi, Dylan, maybe you don't be quite so obvious that you're gonna sneak away into the guys like private office and ruffle through his papers, Like also, what are you thinking you're gonna find? Oh my god, it's a document where he bought the you know, bomb put under the car. Like it's just like, what do you think you're gonna find in there? This guy's not an amateur captain.
Speaker 3: Obvious already happened. There's a frame photo of him and his dad, So yeah, what.
Speaker 1: Else is he looking for?
Speaker 2: Bruno?
Speaker 3: And then it's like cup.
Speaker 1: Bruno sees everything.
Speaker 2: Bruno has eyes everywhere. There's probably cameras in that whole house too, like.
Speaker 1: What and then he says he he knows that he's Jack McKay's son. Any Warren's Dylan that Antonia is like a daughter to him? Is that it is that the end of the dinner party, it looked really boring and so grown up, Like what college age kids are going to a party where there's cheese platters and you have to dress?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It just felt so.
Speaker 3: Weird but kind of cool. I mean it was fun as if you were to watch it just because I'm seeing all my favorite people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when you think about it, like, yeah, that doesn't go with the age failing well.
Speaker 3: I mean we watch we love when Dave Cause performed, So why not a dinner party like this? What are you talking?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: All right? Multi highly evolved HM.
Speaker 1: Back at David's dorm, Valerie shows up to check on David and she takes him to the scariest bridge overlooking Pch Isn't that the bridge like that isn't that up there by p and where you can look out over Santa Monica, Peter, Like you.
Speaker 3: Know that cliff where you could like drive up and you can live up there. And it's called Sunset.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's it's by Ocean Avenue and it's where the pier is, Yes, And there's a park, right park, It's like it's not like a park. It's like a big area of grass and you can walk them jog the path around it, but the cliff is right there, and it's terrifying because if you follow off that cliff, you land on pH which is like a really crazy fast highway. And I think that's where they were.
Speaker 3: I think you're right.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm hmm. So she scares him basically by encouraging him to jump. I guess that's like reverse psychology.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what if he had jumped?
Speaker 1: Like I know, there was a moment where I was like, I think you might jump, or she might jump.
Speaker 3: Or has she been through so much that she almost like her brain gets off on that like keep pushing it, like acting out.
Speaker 1: Like like oh yeah, let's do this. Uh huh. I felt nervous that that she was going to jump. I didn't think that David would jump, honestly.
Speaker 3: Right, because he is go on to marry me in five seasons. So yes, yes, Luckily he snapped out of it, thank goodness.
Speaker 1: And they hug and it felt it did feel very Tiffany Brian mm hmm in that moment.
Speaker 3: Are we going to wrap them up? Soon. How much they're gonna stay together for a bit? I think, I mean I live through now wait watch are they.
Speaker 1: Are their characters going to become romantically involved?
Speaker 2: I can't exactly recall, but it does. It is sort of a thing for a minute. Okay, well the shee right, I'm not wrong. I don't want to ruin it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, hey, friends, I'm Jessica Capshaw and this is Camila Luddington and we.
Speaker 6: Have a new podcast, call It What it Is. You may know us from Graycelawn Memorial, but did you know that we are actually besties in real life.
Speaker 4: And as all besties do, we navigate the highs and lows of life together. When one of us sends out the distress signal, the other one always answers the call, big or small.
Speaker 3: We are there, And what does that look like?
Speaker 6: A thousand pep talks a million, I've got yous, some very urgent I'm coming.
Speaker 4: Overs laughter through tears, no judgment, problem solving over glasses of rose. Sometimes it takes tequila.
Speaker 1: Because I don't know.
Speaker 6: Let's face it, life can get even crazier than a season finale of Gray's Anatomy.
Speaker 4: And now here we are opening up the friendship circle.
Speaker 6: To you someone's cheating, We've got you on that. In laws or inlawe. Let's get into it, toxic friendship, air it out. We're on your side to help you with your concerns, talk about ours, and every once in a while bring on an awesome guest to get their take on the things that you bring us.
Speaker 4: While we may be a license to advise, we're gonna do it anyway.
Speaker 6: Listen to call it what it is starting June third on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Everybody goes back to the peach pit after that, of course, because where else would they go?
Speaker 2: We do want to go where the animal.
Speaker 1: And then Donna catches the mouse.
Speaker 2: That was also so insane, insane.
Speaker 1: I thought it was cute that it was Donna, like sweet Donna.
Speaker 2: Of course, and she's so grave I would not yeah, even be screaming.
Speaker 3: Yeah like, but it's so like on brand in real life. Right.
Speaker 1: Oh, and this is where we see Steve drop Claire off at the beach house after the dinner party and they kiss on the porch and she gives an a plus in French. It's a good kiss.
Speaker 3: It was a good kiss. They do have chemistry that it's not that sort.
Speaker 2: Of a there's sort of a likely unlikely couple, Like I get it. You know. She's sassy pants and he's sort of like.
Speaker 3: Challenge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like there, Yeah, she sort of got a one up on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you think I don't remember this? And I feel like it didn't happen, but she has. She's so fashioned forward. Does she like help change his style at any point? Well, that should have come on board.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's so. Valerie takes David to the hospital to talk to his mom, and he convinces her to allow the doctors to give her the shock therapy.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Colin tells Kelly he loves her and he invites her to spend the night. Like that was just weird, right, what's the big deal?
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 1: I don't We've already seen her in his bed and.
Speaker 3: He's never said he loves you before. I feel like all of this probably happened in New York. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I don't love the Kelly drug era that's coming. So I'm sort of like sorry, Jenny, but don't be sorry.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: Remember it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was so exciting and fun to pretend like you're a drug addict.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I never I've never done cocaine, you guys, I've never done a drug. Is that what you say? I've never done it? Or no, I've never eaten it.
Speaker 2: I've never Yeah, I don't, well, I think or done it.
Speaker 1: I never did it. But yeah, so it's fun. We'll get to that when we get to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't like him, and I'm ready for Joe too, sorry, Tory ready for Joe.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well you can't jump ahead. Stop it. Back at the Walsh House, I am, Valerie is reading an email from Cindy. When we hear her voice. Valerie tells Brandon that she's feeling better and she has another dream, but this time it's David behind the door, telling her that she doesn't have to be afraid anymore.
Speaker 2: The ball Welcome to Night on two to one. Wrap it up in a bow in forty four.
Speaker 1: Minutes, Wrap it up in a bow.
Speaker 2: It's like this girl has lifelong trauma, like what not anymore?
Speaker 1: Not anymore?
Speaker 3: Just disappeared that fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I trauma secured and foreshadowing behind the door. What aut foreshadowing that it's David behind the door? Oh, they are going.
Speaker 3: To Sorry I went to like game show. I did too.
Speaker 1: I was like, who's behind the door?
Speaker 3: I don't know what's behind door number three? Okay, Bob, Oh.
Speaker 1: We just full circle that you guys to the game show. I think this is a perfect way to end the episode. Next week, what's our what's our show? Miss Speciless?
Speaker 2: But right in the butt?
Speaker 1: Wait? Right, wait?
Speaker 2: Sorry the guys all right in the butt and say Jack's just like.
Speaker 3: No, wait sorry, I think you sure it was in the game show?
Speaker 2: U was the other one in the butt bob or whatever.
Speaker 1: The game U price is right in the butt bob, wasn't it?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, what's the one where they have.
Speaker 1: Newly went so?
Speaker 3: Yes, favorite place to make Whookie Whookie not Wookie Star Wars to make what they used to call it Nioki whoopie whoopy. I'd be in the butt bob. This is paid for.
Speaker 1: The rest of my life. I'm always like, just random times, I'm like in the butt bob, like as an answer to some question that has nothing to do with anything.
Speaker 3: I've heard her do this and I love every time. And then people just look at us and like.
Speaker 1: They don't get it. No, we get it. All right, that's it. What's the next episode. I didn't hear you because you're Soliet.
Speaker 3: Season six, Episode six, speechless.
Speaker 1: Everybody watch it.
Speaker 3: Mm hm