Speaker 1: The volume and hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Y'all know me.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite on Shannon Sharp, my partner and co host Liberty City's own Bengal Ring of Fame, mona Ree, pro bowler, All Pro as Chad o Cho Senko Johnson, and we have a very special guest tonight. He's a three time pro bowler, he's an All Pro and he once made the Pro Bowl as a returner and a wide receiver. Areas, ladies and gentlemen, the head coach of Delaware State, mister DeShawn Jackson D Jack for joining us. Bro I was gonna we'll get to you in just a second. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We want to thank each and every one of you for supporting us good bad Or in different highs and lows. You've been riding with ocho Or and I from the very very beginning, and we can't thank you enough. Everything that you've you've seen us been able to accomplish all the awards behind us, the NAACP image. You were, the BT Awards, all the awards. It's all because of you. It's because of your eyes, your ears, and your word of mouth. O cho Or and I and the Nightcap family cannot thank you enough. Please make sure you check out Shade by Laportier. We have it in stock now. If you can't find it any city or state near you, ordered online, but we are coming to a city or state near you. But in the meantime, ordered it online, we'll ship it directly to your door. Is the best tasting B Sop cognac on the market. Don't take my word for it.
Speaker 2: Try it. I promise you you will not be disappointed.
Speaker 1: Go follow our media company page on all of its platform shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, So please grabbed yours while supplies last. D Jack, Let's get right into it, bro head Coach Delaware State.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: If somebody said, okay, give I'm gonna give you a list of players former NFL players that were that were all decades, players that were Pro Bowl players, all pro players. I'm gonna give you a list of ten guys. Name the guy that you think was most likely to become a head coach on any level. D Jack, I can honestly say I wouldn't. I wouldn't have put you at the top of the list, D Jack. What made you decide to become a head coach? I was gonna say, Dan, you wasn't. Wouldn't have put me up there? Man, damn not No, not, not at the top of the list.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I mean honestly for me, uh, you know, the opportunity to present itself, Pabas. I retired in twenty twenty two. I played in Baltimore, and after that year was over, I retired and I walked away feeling like I left everything out there on in between the white lines. So for me, I sat around for a whole year, didn't contemplate on that, and I was like, you know what I deserve, after all the fuse of these layers, all the hard work I put into it, I deserve to sit around for a whole year and I do nothing.
Speaker 2: I woke up at two o'clock.
Speaker 3: If I wanted to took the kids to school, I partied, I hung out, I did just regular things that I wanted to do after all these rid years of working out. So after that year, I was like, you know, I gotta get my butt off this couch and get get some income. You know, me and Lashan mccorby at our podcast trying to figure out if I was going to do the media side of you know, and for me it was just like I really didn't know where's ready to go. And I started coaching. I went out My older brother was a high school football coach, and I went out there and I coached with her man, and I fell in love with coaching man. So Delaware State thing just kind of honestly fell on my left after my first year of coaching. Last year at the end of the year kind of just fell on my lap, Broy.
Speaker 4: Has it been has it been a difference, I know, being able to coach at the high school level with your brother.
Speaker 2: Has it been a difference in transition?
Speaker 4: Has it been difficult you know, coaching at the Collesiic level now or if you to adjust to it somewhat, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I mean, great question. I feel like for sure there's definitely been an adjustment.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of things. It's different. It's a lot of things that I was blind. I was blinded, like I didn't know I was in the dark. You know.
Speaker 3: As far as me, honestly me, I never like I played all these years.
Speaker 2: You know, I played obviously in college. I was never one of them dudes. It was like, when I get done, I'm gonna go coach so so.
Speaker 3: So unk you kind of are right. But at the end of the day, like now I'm in this position. I remember when I was in heighol, I mean college and the pros, I said I would never coach obviously, because.
Speaker 2: I knew how much time my college coaches and my.
Speaker 3: NFL coaches put into it. So for me, I think the biggest thing is the off the field stuff. The excell nose to me is easy because you know, I was I was a student of a game, and I always when it came down to football, I'm very football smart.
Speaker 2: I just think from like the.
Speaker 3: Compliance, the admissions, like getting kids in the school. You know, in the NFL, you ain't got to worry about school. We going out there and playing. We ain't got to worry about if the dudes got a three point on or higher. They go and study hours, like are they doing what they supposed to do? Because you know so I was far removed from that side of it. So now being in his position, it's like, I gotta be a father to ninety cats.
Speaker 1: DJ when you look at it, you know, talking to Coach Prime and talking to a lot of people that were great at a particular craft, being a basketball coach or be a basketball player, football player, baseball. For me, I think the hardest thing to do is because you put work into it. But it seemed like football came easy to you. You would bless God, bless you with God, get with speed out of the yin Yang.
Speaker 2: You were very, very elusive.
Speaker 1: And the thing when I talked to Coach Prime, He's like, because I don't look at them kids and I expect them to beat me. What has been the hardest thing as far as like, because you were a great player, you went to Pro Bowls, you and all Pro, an all decade player, what's been the hardest thing to like the coach are player and not say well Son, you.
Speaker 2: Should have picked that up. That's easy. How do you separate that?
Speaker 1: Like, make sure you you understand that they're not DeShawn Jackson they're who they are, and you are who you are.
Speaker 2: Honestly that the hardest challenge has been.
Speaker 3: You know, over my career, the accolades, the stats, the Pro Bowls, all pro everything I accomplished, for me, it did come easy to me. So running fast, catching the football, when the balls in my hand, doing the things that you know, the characteristics that I did, it came easy to me. So it's unfortunate to say after I look back at my career, if I would have put in the extra push up, if I didn't cut a rep short, if I would have put more time into my craft, just imagine how much more I would have like or how better I would have.
Speaker 2: Been at my craft.
Speaker 3: So for me being in this position now, the things I may not have done or the things I made it.
Speaker 2: Took the short cut out.
Speaker 3: I'm not allowing my players to miss that because I know the success I had and I'm like, man, if I would have did the extra and like you're not, just thought it came so easy to me, Like if I would have put the work in, just imagine where I would have been sitting there. So for me, I think the toughest thing is has been for me. It's like, damn, I I played at this high level. I took I cut corners. I didn't always give my all because it came easy. But for me now I'm like, look, don't go do what I did and that and what else was crazy is I see my players doing things I once did and I'm trying to coach them, like, hey, don't do that.
Speaker 2: But I'm in the here go me ten twenty years ago, I was the one bid that stuff they doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ain't the funny thing about it, But I think about it, you know, being a competitor, Jack you and you not too far removed from the game of football.
Speaker 2: You just retired in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: You're able to put cleets on, lace them up and get out there and play. How are you able to control yourself because I ain't played in a minute and put me in astruction.
Speaker 2: Environment like that?
Speaker 4: My crazy ass on having a pair of cleet trying to demonstrate and teach and actually be in the way as opposed to being a being a teacher and being a coach like you are. Do you ever get antsy and want to put your cleatson sometimes and show players what it should look like?
Speaker 2: Yeah? For sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I like, honestly, man, I'm thirty eight years old.
Speaker 2: Some of these guys obviously.
Speaker 3: Anywhere from nineteen to twenty four, twenty five years old. So in this role right now, man like I still train, i still work out, I'll still run. Like I'm telling my players, like there ain't too many head coaches, it's gonna strapping up with you in a Reil one hundred and fifties with you like we on the track, like you know. Cause me the reason why I was able to play so long because I always utilized the track in the offseason. So my players, we just was out in the field today. We had two three hundreds, we had one two hundred, and we had three one fifties and I'm out there random with them. I may i may not be in the front with them, but I'm so so for me that's been the challenge man, because you know, when I go out there, we do the cone drills, we run through it, and I gotta show these dudes to some of these dudes taking five six steps to get out, they breaks and I'm like, you never five six bron they ain't take it.
Speaker 2: But some of these dudes is you know what I'm saying it's crazy. The other thing, when I got.
Speaker 3: Here some of these dudes, and know this respect to the coaches before, but I'm like, bro, how did some of y'all get scholarship to a Division one school?
Speaker 2: Bro? Who gave y'all scholarships?
Speaker 3: So like, for me, it's just like I'm trying to You're trying to put my eye on it. And I know for us to win right now, it's not a reblooding process. We got to win right now, and I know what it takes. So some of these guys, they just don't fit the criteria. So sometimes I do got to get out there and put them feets on, let them go. I can still run a bench roud, I can still run a curl, I can still take the top.
Speaker 2: Walk, I can still do this big dark Yeah, I like it. I like it. D Jack.
Speaker 1: Look, you love Philly. I don't me personally, and I'm considerably older than y'all. I'm almost twenty years older than you, but I followed your career and I know you love Philly. Philly loved you because Philly loved guys that that love what they do, and you love what you did. You get in the crowd of like, Hey, get it up, get it up. Hey, I'm about to bring this thing back. You get a touchdown, you run back with until the end zone. I don't think you ever wanted to leave Philly. You had a very public falling out with Chick Kelly. What was that like knowing that, you know what, I never wanted to leave Philly, but I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Have to leave Philly. Man, I mean, man, I go back man in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 3: Man, that for me, that that was one of the toughest things I've had to face in my life. When you talk about adversity, when you talk about trials and tribulations, I mean everything Philly meant to me. Obviously, my family is from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, So I grew up with Pittsburgh Stiller fans. So when I got a chance to get drafted by the Eagles, you know, I have some Philly I have some family that actually lived in Philadelphia because it's down the street from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, so for me, man, it was a bittersweet thing.
Speaker 3: And like now, looking back, Harrol Carmichael is the all time Philadelphia leader in yours all time and he had like sixty eight hundred I'm had sixty three hundred as far as Philadelia and Philadelphia years and I played five years and I came back and played two years.
Speaker 2: So oh no, I think it was six and there eight, so totally eight years.
Speaker 3: But in my whole career fifteen years, I got eleven thousand plus yards. So if I have stayed there my whole career, I'm shattering here Harold Carmichael record in no disrespect because I think Harrol Carmichael was, you know, one of the best receivers that played for the Eagles. But I look back. You know, Davonte Smith, you got a J. Brown, You got all these dudes that you know, their accolades that they calming up the charts, and it's like, and if I would have stayed there, man, the true would have been hard for anybody to chatter will to be really, you know.
Speaker 2: Them dudes are Browners. You know what I'm saying. Davonte, I think he's you know him and AJ together.
Speaker 3: I mean obviously, you know when me and maclau was there, Jeremy McLain was there, we did some great things.
Speaker 2: I know too is a guy that comes up.
Speaker 3: But I mean, honestly, man, what I felt like when I'm dealing in Philadelphia, all the big plays me and Michael Vig, I can't even go back.
Speaker 2: To Donovan nav Nick Foles. I mean, I played with so many great quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: But I think that phil that Philly break up man for us as a team with Chim Kelly.
Speaker 2: Did man like he dismantled.
Speaker 3: I think a team that obviously could have been a super Bowl team now we had to would have.
Speaker 2: Still had to go out there and you know, earn that and do that.
Speaker 3: But twenty seventeen I think had a lot of credibility to the to the old times of the Philadelphia. Like if you go ask Brandon Graham, Kelsey, Lane Johnson, like all them dudes would tell you, like you know, me, Michael Vick, Shaney, McCoy, Jeremy Max and brest Selik, like all them core guys or guys that when we left, they just kind of took the pedigree and kind of just took it off.
Speaker 2: Just out when I was drafted. You have me.
Speaker 3: Now if you've had Westbrook, you had Brian Dawkins, you know, like that's the court of Philadelphia. We turned into the court at Trotter. You know, we we turned into that court Philadelphia. So twenty seventeen, a lot of that we carried over. You know, they took that on and won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: What would what was the what was the environment? Like when when Kelly was there, because it seemed like they had a lot of issues. You had the issue with the receiver at the concert. I don't know were you there then?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I was there when Rodney Cooper said the commun roley.
Speaker 1: I had Mike to get up in front of them and accept like, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 2: Don't don't put that pressure on me.
Speaker 1: Hey, I gotta see some things before I started accepting the pologies.
Speaker 2: Shoot, well, I ain't even heard him say that.
Speaker 1: He apology, He apologized, and you talked about Mike Vickers said, No, Mike ain't scept nothing. What was the type of environment that he fostered when he got there?
Speaker 2: Oh man, at that period of time.
Speaker 3: Just I'll go back before the Rodney Cooper, Uh you know that situation. But like when when Chip Kenny first came in. For those who don't know, he literally came in and you got pro boilers. When I tell you all the pro bowler event was a pro bowler McCoy was a pro bowler, Jeremy mac thein was, you know, a thousand yard receiver. I mean we had got bred Selik. I mean we had guys I ain't even talking on the defensive side. We had guys that were ballers. When Ship Kenny came in there, he literally had a meeting and he said, there's no starters. So you so you telling me you coming into a team that got them type of names that I just said, and you saying here, you know what?
Speaker 2: He started like we did. He was not starting like everybody just was boring and we didn't have no first dream, no secret. Like it was crazy. So hold on, Jack, what is he trying to prove?
Speaker 4: He's he's coming into a team with a bunch of pro bowlers that have been playing for a long time, and tell y'all, you gotta.
Speaker 2: Have to earn your position. You feel me? Bro Buddy was but Buddy was?
Speaker 3: He He lost his bre like day won, Buddy lost everybody power trip. It was a power trip and like he came from Oregon where he has success. But I'm gonna be real, Like everything he was doing, we was like guinea pigs. We was like lab rats, like he was like, oh uh, put a heart mon on it at night time. I wouldn't know how many hours you slept. When you come to work, I want you to pee in a cup and I want to see how hydrated you are. I'm gonna put trackers on you. I need to know how many. Like it was just crazy and like I ain't gonna lie. I was want me and McCoy we was there. I mean, Vic was he had to play the role because you know he was coming off the situation. But me and Shady McCoy we was like, hey, bro, we ain't doing that. It's some ship were just not gonna do. And so so. So to go back to that situation with Rodney Cooper, I mean I can remember that meeting like he was yesterday. He literally he said the comments and one thing about Rodney Cooper.
Speaker 2: Like Rodney Cooper, he wasn't racist, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I just think he got into a situation intoxicated. Somebody says something to him and he just slurred that out. But like Rodney Cooper was actually a good dude man, you know what I'm saying. Like I had a great relationship with him, and when it happened.
Speaker 2: I just knew. I'm like brouh, not like that. But it did happen.
Speaker 3: It did come out, and how red came out, he may felt the way he felt so for us, before we accepted any apologies, we like, we got to really see that this shit is sincere. So I think you know, he tried to force that on this He tried. They tried to patch it up. They tried to do a team meeting and cover it up. But it was like, when we got in trouble, you ain't passionate enough for us, so why why you gonna go patch it up for him?
Speaker 2: So it just the team didn't.
Speaker 3: It didn't send a right for the team.
Speaker 4: Hey, when when you think about coaching, coaching college, coaching football in general as a coach, is this something that you view, Uh, it's something you want to do long term? Do you do your envision and envision doing it twenty plus years and maybe traditioning from college to the NFL club?
Speaker 3: He said twenty plus I mean, so hey, hey, d Jake, let me get through the first year and I get back at you. You feel me, man, I ain't gonna lie, but I haven't got a few grades bro, I've been already stressed out where they got me at New University.
Speaker 2: Man, you know it's HBCU. Man.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of you know, resources, we got a lot of obstitute, underfunded accomplished right here.
Speaker 2: So long term, man, I'm not gonna lie to you. Uh. I definitely love to see that man right now.
Speaker 3: Man, to be able to have the success I had on the field and now to be able to be a head coach where I control everything from top to bottom. You know what I'm saying, Like I ain't even no power trip type of dude, but just to have this control and to be able to say like that's the resemblance of me.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a great feeling.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Every day I waked up, I'm rejuvenated. I'm excited to go in there.
Speaker 3: Because I'm gonna be real with you, uncontrolled. Like I didn't think it was gonna be this. I didn't think I was gonna have this much fun doing it, Bri, because I thought about the hours and when I when I get in there, I get in there about seven eight in the morning, and by the time I looked up, it's like five six o'clock.
Speaker 2: And then the day's already gone. You looked up like where did the time go?
Speaker 3: So it's really like when you're enjoying something in you and you passionate about it, it don't seem like work.
Speaker 2: Br and like honestly, like the meet is.
Speaker 3: I'm a head coach, so like I got an officsive coordinator, they run the meetings, I got a defensive coordinator. They run the meeting. So I just get to dip and dabble. And I don't got to sit in the fool of meeting. I don't got to do through installs. I don't gotta go like, I just got to be a leader of men. And at the end of the day, I'm gonna make sure my coaches. That's why I surrounded myself and that's why I respect Crime so much because I feel like and this day, I'm not taking away from nothing that coach Prime does as a head coach, but he's more to me. He's more of a leader of men, and he you know, intelligence and smart, but he put people around him for him.
Speaker 2: To have success. And I just followed this with the blueprints that Big Bro put down.
Speaker 4: So I'm thinking about I know it's gonna happen I'm telling I know it's gonna happen. So you're gonna have success at Delaware State. You're gonna have to it.
Speaker 2: Just it's just just in us.
Speaker 4: Everything we touched turn the goal, every cut, we always have success and following behind us. So when you do get that call from Howie or Jeff and they'd be like, man, listen, you want you to come on down here to Philly and be the receiver's coach, and then you go to receive the coach at Philly though hopefully maybe one day.
Speaker 2: Something that doesn't doesn't happen.
Speaker 4: Often is here you have a player that actually gets in the position to be a head coach.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine you'd be crazy being the head coach of the Philadelphia down Man, who you telling? I'm manifesting it for you? Sure?
Speaker 3: I mean my boy at man Tonyo Pearce Man is somebody that I got a great relationship. Obviously I'll see his his uh you know, his his path and where he did, you know, obviously starting their law. He's probably where I went with my alma mater. Obviously one of the best high schools and all of all of America. We put the most you know, players in the NFL for my high Jack Rabbits. We feel me them Jack crabits. You already know about it. You feel what I'm saying. So I mean I saw ap I see him go to Arizona. Obviously he did a sting Arizona State, and then you know, obviously he was in it for the Raiders and he got the head coaching job. And I still feel like he got up out of their way sooner than he should have. But you know, we ain't gonna talk about that. But I mean, you know, if it presents itself, man, and that happens, man, God, you know, all all glory, all power to God. But you know, for me, I'm gonna take it one step at a time. Like like you said, I'm for show gonna have a success here because I just, like you say, everything we touch his gold.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And you know already, man, we've been doing some crazy things like I ain't never been this much attention on Delaware State. The minute I was signed as a head coach. I mean, we got ours turning. We got players that never would ever consider us. They come and they lock it in, locking in with us, we out beeat Marriland Temple, some big time NBS schools, and we got some good talent coming here. So all I all, I asked some little ready big res man just come support me, come to a game, you know, like you know, because everybody was on the sideline, would be on the Colorado.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need down in Delaware.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're trying to definitely try to get down there. Let me ask you this, D Jack, You've had some great plays. You had the punt returnment punt return in the meddle Land as time expired, you ran it back. You had the Monday night throw from Big that probably the ball up like you traveled seventy.
Speaker 2: Yards in the air.
Speaker 1: Sure, when you span back of your career, give me a couple of plays.
Speaker 2: What plays that still.
Speaker 1: Stand out when you be thinking about it, you're riding in your car or you're sitting in your off You're like, damn, yeah that was a hell of a play.
Speaker 2: What plays pop up in D Jack's mind? Man?
Speaker 3: I got three specific players, obvious. See people always ask me like, what's my favorite player all time? And that's hard because I got so many great plays. But I got three plays, and I ain't gonna put no particular order, but I'm I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: One was I can't remember what what what today was, but it was Dallas.
Speaker 2: We was playing Dallas Cowboys. Mike Mike Vic threw me a like an eight yard hitch. I caught it. Oh yeah, you went all the way. He fell in the end zone backs nine ninety one yards. R Terryce Norman was chasing me down.
Speaker 3: I fell in on him down there, wanting to do the Marshall Lynch when the whole you know, you old, you know what I'm saying. So that that was one play Orlando Kendrick down that blew out all his Hams Street trying to come get me, and I'm just jogging. I'm gonna hurt ankle. I heard my ankle earlier in that game. I'm just I ain't gonna say I'm jogging, but I'm ready. And I see him coming on like this dude that to.
Speaker 2: Catch my hogh step on him fall back in the end zone.
Speaker 3: The second one the Monday Night first played the game where Lawron Landry was talking all that smack before the game, trying to put his hand.
Speaker 2: On the shoulder. I'm like, hey, home, me don't touch me.
Speaker 3: And for those of y'all who don't know, he said some crazy things to me and he took me off. He said, boy, I'm gonna kill you on this field. I said, damn me tell you that person. Are you trying to kill me?
Speaker 2: I would say.
Speaker 3: The second was that the past from vic he threw about seventy yards and the last but not least as the pump return, you know, versus versus when I dropped it. I tell everybody I dropped it on purpose, set it up so everybody could get out their lanes, and then when I looked up, I hit that thing and it was nothing but success.
Speaker 2: After that, boy Jason brom that defeated block.
Speaker 1: Hey, you do realize, Djack, you started something. It was you on that Monday night game that dropped that ball at the DAYN one yard line against the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: You started that bull dyp d Jack. You know that, right? Hey, man, you know what I said about that man. You know I was a bonehead.
Speaker 3: I was young and I was a rookie, and it's crazy. I did the same thing when I in the high schooled American game, when I I tried dead. It's no So you know who really started. Reggie Bush started. It's his fun because they was playing UCLA. USC was playing Ucla in the Rose Bowl and this sucker jumped from the five yard line and Kurk wored into the end zone. So when I got a chance in the Army game, I said, I'm gonna jump from the six. Why jumped from the I jumped from the city. Why got up in the here? I said, Oh, I dropped that ball earlier.
Speaker 4: I said, I can't do that one. Yeah, it's just so funny. It's so funny too. They miss it a jack when we was playing when we played Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think when they the dB.
Speaker 4: Tried to jump the out roude it was it was out route and the dB he jumped a little too early. So I'm going down the sideline against Notre Dame.
Speaker 2: In the Fiesta Bowl. Hell, I dropped the god.
Speaker 4: Damn ball, and damned it looked like back at the two, but the listen, the rest was so far behind.
Speaker 2: They could they couldn't even see it. Damn. So you got away from what you tell them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got yeah, got away with one. Luck would have been the first ball that way back in two thousand, you.
Speaker 1: Would have been a thirty You know what I'm looking at this schedule. You guys you played, you played mic in Norfolk State in October thirties.
Speaker 2: Play at the link. Oh, I got that. I got that done. The Jack got to Jack got that done. That's a good one. That was first avers B Jacks. First ever.
Speaker 3: The h b c U is playing in the NFL stadium regular season now now bold game we play in Atlanta Stadium, but first time ever in the regular season game is being played in the NFL stadium.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, man, That is that is amazing, man, d Jack Man, That's unbelieved.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on the job. Man.
Speaker 1: I know you're gonna do great You gotta you surrounded yourself with great coaches. You're gonna inspire these young men to do great things, not only in football but in life.
Speaker 2: You're gonna you.
Speaker 1: Know you you you you you your task on a huge responsibility, Jack, because these guys look at you and they want to get the word you got, sir. And even if they don't get there, if they become successful husbands, if they become successful businessman, they become successful brothers. That's all we can ask. That's all we can ask a great man, great young men.
Speaker 2: A serve man.
Speaker 3: I think the biggest thing I'm preaching to these dudes because you know, we all know it's only a small few that's gonna get selected to very small ill So I tell my players all the time, man, hey walk across that stage.
Speaker 2: They can't never take that favor away from you. Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: No, you know, my life in general, being a husband, being a brother, being a son, being a father man. Like everything I'm teaching these young man is prenciples that they could take for the rest of their life and help room them into being great young I mean, great man in the world in general.
Speaker 2: You wanna that's it, d Jack. I appreciate it. Man.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try to catch a game. I'm gonna try to catch y'all. I might try to catch that League game. I don't know about that Delaware.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm gonna make it all the way to Delaware, but I might be. I might be able to.
Speaker 2: Keep it.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, d Jack, we want to keep it for one more topic, o Jo, this is yours.
Speaker 2: Uh. We gotta let Ocho have his moment. O Jo said he want his moment.
Speaker 1: Cam fired some shots at o Jo in his sixty second job. Let's take a listen to what Cam had to say.
Speaker 2: Press pause, press pause. Who gives chad Ocho Cinco the right to give Madden rankings? He's been doing it for years now. I know he's not good at Madden. Okay, here we go? Is this one? Has anybody seen Chad O too Sinko play Madden? I know he's an avid gamer. I know he plays soccer. I don't get up a man.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, he plays man.
Speaker 2: I ain't never seen Chad O Sinko play. So is this?
Speaker 1: Is this all?
Speaker 2: Don't want to be one who like I don't even want to play it? Who's played like Bro? I'm a big browser. You know what I'm saying. Shout out to Mario. See that. Folks say it like Bro? You just can't start and just play me. No, I'm looking down at y'all, suckers. I'm looking down. You don't just get the right to play the great one? Are you serious? Do you know what these thumbs will do? Go to thumb production? Holden thumb production? Are you serious? I've never seen Chad play. He's not in the field for real, He's not. He's just that analytical guy. So I feel highly disrespected that Eya hasn't reached out to me to really give ratings, because.
Speaker 1: You're in the field for real, for real, okay, for real, and we're talking and and trust and.
Speaker 2: Believe where we can put whatever on it.
Speaker 3: Oh y'all where you're at bro pick up the phone, baby, heys.
Speaker 4: But that ain't nothing but nonsense, man, hein' somebody in the field. So basically, based on his logic, I can't get rating because I'm not good at Madden. So let's say I'm great at football in general.
Speaker 2: When I played it.
Speaker 4: Got here one of the best all time. That's what that for gives me the credibility to give ratings. Now, I don't know nothing about Cam Newton in no field when it comes no stick work. I've been gaming since nineteen eighty four. I've been gating eighty four and this stick work is the kind of stick work that Cam don't do. I ain't know he was a gamer. I don't even know he played Madden. I didn't know, so obviously, is whoever he think he is on the game. I don't know about it. I never seen him at a competition, and you know by everybody. Yeah, everybody know I play the game. Everybody know I do that. See Cam, This, this is just the thing with Cam Newton. You see Cam Newton plays Madden recreational. He plays games in general for recreational purposes, like our game is the way of life to pay my fucking bills.
Speaker 2: See that's the picture. Yeah, yeah, I'm different.
Speaker 4: I'most some other shit. But if he want to play, and we could put whatever on it. He talking spicy, we can put whatever you're talking about on it. Okay, that's what's up.
Speaker 2: And make it light on yourself. Cam. You're looking at each type of problem that Cam don't want.
Speaker 4: No smoke, man, Hey, Cam can't beat me, and nothing matter of fact about if I was the back up in Carolina, I would have took the motherfucking job.
Speaker 2: You didn't know.
Speaker 1: If you didn't know Cam was a gamer, you didn't know Cam was good at Madden or other video games.
Speaker 2: I don't know about it. Cam ain't good at You know who good at Madden?
Speaker 4: You know who I know about I know about Dead Bryant, I know is good at Madden. I know that you know his his his prowess on the game. And listen, I've heard about it.
Speaker 2: So I ain't hurt nothing about Cambod.
Speaker 1: Brian know how to play cause I remember Cam was challenging Lebron because I got thank Lebron's having like a top thousand or top five hundred, top something ranking.
Speaker 2: So I guess you get raped. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Listen, now you talk about somebody don't know this issue about Madden. But I guess you get. You get ranked, you get I mean, you play long enough and you get good, you get ranked, don't you Is that how it works?
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, I don't know. Man, the man, listen the man. He he talking spicy right. He could have picked up the phone to call me. He got my number, he could have picked up. Matter of FACT'M from the blocking. Now your block them? Now you like you coming out? You coming at a true game?
Speaker 2: You know this? Really? Do you do it for fun? I do it as a way of life. We we we different. We ain't even the same lane. When we talked about gaming, man, did jack you game?
Speaker 3: I messed around a little bit, but I heard Cam Newton like that. Though I ain't gonna lie see you know who. I really don't like that though, Durham James like that too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, derk okay, doubt that's another one. Irwin is Duram is that boy on them sticks? Man, I ain't heard nothing.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Cam being like that on those sticks, man, can't can't, can't can just probably make you want to rate he want to rank them dudes. Man, just really coming at.
Speaker 4: You, man, God dang listen, listen, listen, Cam, if you you want to come over there with he with me and holler, boy, man, I got it, I got it, I.
Speaker 2: Got got you. Cam, come on over that baby.
Speaker 1: May y'all be hey, y'all be taking that stuff serious for real though, huk and listen, Hey that's serious, hey Jack, Jack, all my relationships ended behind gaming, man, for real.
Speaker 2: I can see that. Hey, I'm serious. I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: At the time you on here, okay, you get off the game and get ready to get suited up exactly.
Speaker 2: Listen one thing about it. Check you got understand, Jack, You gotta understand. Listen.
Speaker 4: Gaming is forever talk really temporary. Listen, Hey, your game ain't gonna never wake up one morning and be like you know what you're tripping.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to do this no more. The game would never do that.
Speaker 4: Ain't always be the same every time, and it always bring out this happy side of you.
Speaker 2: Always bring out the satic side of you, no matter what. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Me watching boy, you got the right one? Boy playing with me? Man, stop playing on my top.
Speaker 1: Man, you know what I think. I'm gonna start playing. I won't get good to beat the brakes off you, O Joe. I get my fifty in our hunter back like that, then forget.
Speaker 2: I told them I'm gonna give you money. Man, I'm gonna give you money. I can't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, I will. I'm gonna you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna start gaming. I'm gonna get good, and I'm gonna stream live when I beat you, like forty two to sevens.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna kid forty two to seven and what madden you?
Speaker 2: You can't even come on now? You can't, I am it's too soon. I ain't never played before, but I would get good. I'm gonna get good. You don't know how to work technology, so you definitely can I do voice command? Can I do voice command? Nat? Ain't no voice can We're not that, We're not that far advanced yet.
Speaker 1: I would go. I would go talk to zucker Bird. I said, look here, man, you got this AI, this metal. I want to be able to do my gaming. I want to be able to talk to it. I would. I would get good at Joe.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not because I don't have I don't have that kind of time. Yeah, you don't have that kind of time. Hey, let me ask you. Let me let me ask you about another thing, d Jack.
Speaker 1: The Steelers run random ball the fourth most last year, while Aaron Rodgers attempted the second most passes, and Arthur Smith spoke about marrying the run a heavy offense the lither past happy quarterback. We didn't bring Aaron here to sign DK for all that money to go run the wishbone, d Jack. Now that they have you, look, the Steelers have always had a defense that could get after the quarterback.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: They kind of slacked off a little bit of that when they had Ben and ab And and Le'Veon. They were more of a pass happy offense and a defense kind of struggle.
Speaker 2: Seemingly, they gotten back.
Speaker 1: They got TJ Now and they got high Smith, and they got Menka, and they got Porter Junior on one side, so they got a really nice camp Heyworth they got him, so they got really a really nice defense. Now they got Aaron Rodgers. They signed DK solid offensive line. I don't think it's great, but it's okay. Friar mooth. They got Calvin Austin the third. They got some decent receivers. What is your expectation of the Steelers this year?
Speaker 2: What? What?
Speaker 1: What's the ceiling for the Steelers? Can they win the division? Can they make a deep run in the playoffs? Can they get to the super Bowl?
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously Aaron Rodgers in my eyes, man.
Speaker 3: He's I'll put him as a top ten fifteen quarterback of all time in my in my books. So I think I think he's a guy all the seed coming off the injury last year, what was that the year before?
Speaker 2: Whenever they heck the end before was the year before? Right?
Speaker 3: And then obviously last year really didn't have a success we thought he would have.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 3: Like you said, the offensive line is really not the strength of that team, you know what I'm saying. And obvious see Aaron Rodgers, he's older now, what is he thirty nine forty? He's forty years old started the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I think obviously he can't be touched. He's not the younger a right, he can't move like he used to move. So I just don't see why would you go get rid of uh what's what's my pills?
Speaker 2: Receive?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: The receiver? Oh you're talking about uh George pick Is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't understand why get rid of George pack Is if you had any hopes that you was gonna sign the Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: So for me, I know you got DK Metcalf over there.
Speaker 3: I just don't honestly, I'm gonna be really so, I don't see them winning this division right now now with my boy L Jack now with my twin L Jack over there in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: And I ain't gonna lie, man.
Speaker 3: I think I think my boys Shador gonna get in that starting for job over there.
Speaker 2: I think I think Cleveland gonna be a little sum this year too.
Speaker 3: So and that division you got Cincinnati got Bro, you got you know, my boy Ojoe team over there, you got Jamarin Chase, you got T Higgins. I mean it's some copp in that division over there. Man, I don't think it's gonna be that sweet for the dudes to win that. I can't write that off and say they gonna win it this year.
Speaker 1: I can't, Oh, soe what you're thinking. They ran the ball the fourth most last year. Obviously, Rogers wants to throw the football. He's always had success throwing the football. Obviously, like Djack said, not the success that probably he thought he would have or everybody had the expectations because he was supposed to be the missing ingredient for the Jets to take that next step. Obviously it didn't pan out. They moved on after two years. What is your expectations for the Steelers.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, my expectations for them to compete.
Speaker 4: They're gonna compete not only the division, but whatever their schedule may look like, because they do have Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers is not that Aaron Rodgers of old, but Aaron Rodgers is better than what you had on your team before. He signed right before Mini camp. He gives him a chance to compete weekend and week out. As far as win the division, that's that's not likely. The division winners will probably be either the Bengals of the Ravens. I'm I'm gonna be realistic here based on the record between between us, I'm an piggyback on what Lashawn said the two. At some point, Joe Flacco will probably lose that starting job to Shador and his tenure in Cleveland will also start.
Speaker 2: So outside of that, as.
Speaker 4: Many people that may hate Aaron Rodgers for the way he acts and then for all the stuff he does off the field, some of the things he says on camera and some of the things he says on TV, he does give you a chance, and he does give Stealer fans and that organization hope to compete weekend and week out.
Speaker 1: All right, d Jack, thanks for joining us head coach or the Delaware State d Jack. Djack, tell people how they can find you on social media. If you got a YouTube page, you got ig, you got Twitter, Facebook, Let our fans know how they can find you.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, man, I appreciate it though obviously one on one is my Instagram Shawn Jackson and attend at Twitter Delaware State underscore football as well too. We're gonna plub Delaware State in here, man. Everybody need to go out to man. Support that cause, man, August, I mean October thirtieth. Man at the link. Man come through. We had Lincoln Financial, who got my brother Michael Vig. We're gonna be first time. Obviously you've seen us a lot catching throwing, catch him touchdowns. Now we go ahead to head versus slid on the slide in our old stumber brounds. Man, So come out October thirtieth markete calendars. Man were going at that thing.
Speaker 1: Man, let's get it yep, gotter Sean Jackson, D jack I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Best of luck. Man, stop back by when you have some time. Bro. All right, man, y'all keep doing youall thing. Man bless us appreciate it right, all right, bro.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe Shamar Stewart is no longer at the mandatory minicap amid ongoing hold out with the Bengals over language they want to put into his rookie contract. Per Adam Schefter, Stuart left mandatory minicap due to contract dispute. Stuart, the number seventeenth overall draft pick, is one of four remaining unsigned first round selections from the twenty twenty five draft. His situation appears to be the most contentious from that group. Pro Football Talks Mike Florio reported on May twenty four that the issue between the Stewart and the Bengals involved a phrase in which the contract would allow a default in the current year to trigger a default in.
Speaker 2: All remaining years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, hey, just think about o Joe, just think you get a contract.
Speaker 2: Let's just say, for the sake of argument, I get a contract.
Speaker 1: I got a five year d I got a four year deal to fear the option they can pick it up.
Speaker 2: So let's just say, at my rookie year, I do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, contract detriment, I get suspended NFL whatever, the NFL suspend me. Not only can they take the money back that first year, but your two year, three year.
Speaker 2: Four they get that guaranteed money too.
Speaker 4: Oh hell no, yeah, absolutely absolutely listen as a player and chat, y'all stay with me real quick. I'm not sure again. I asked this when we talked about it the other night. I asked, when it comes to Stewart, what does his background look like? You know, what has he done in the past. What did the Bengals find out, Like, We're gonna take a chance on this young on this young kid, because here's a tremendous talent. But there must have been some red flags that we don't know about. It has to be because there's no reason that the Bengals are trying to set a precedent all of a sudden, out the blue with this individual as good as he was in college, wanted you to and you wanted the draftic mis hot. I'm not sure what it is and if if it's something that other teams now, if it's something that other teams did, Okay, I understand, I understand that. But the fact, the fact of the matter is with that fine language, don't allow it to default money from years down down the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, allowed to be a year to year thing like if you mess up this.
Speaker 4: Year as your rookie, well, all that guaranteed money your rookie year boom, young boy. You're not touching that, but all the money to come that's guaranteed moving forward on later years, that's a no no. As much as I love my Bangles, I mean, I just don't see and don't I don't understand what the issue is or why they're doing it.
Speaker 1: Well, the NFL should institute to find if a team gets fined for doing something all the money, the money that you would get in subsequent years would go away. So that four hundred and twenty five million dollars that you would get in twenty twenty six if you did, if you had something that go wrong in twenty five, you don't get twenty six, twenty seven or twenty eight money.
Speaker 2: I got one to go for that, right exactly. No, why do you expect players?
Speaker 1: Why do you think because you're in an advantageous situation that you want to say, we'll look take her to leave it?
Speaker 2: Hey, take your hands back to the draft, young man. I was just get ready to ask you that. Uh, I was just absolute.
Speaker 4: Now, canny, opt out and go back into the draft again and be drafted by somebody else.
Speaker 1: That'll be something that that's something that the Players Association would probably get the lawyers involved with the NFL, because look, you go back and look normally what happens, oh joe. Quarterbacks are different, but normally you look at what the what did the player get that was drafted in the same slot in twenty twenty four, and normally he gets a ten percent raise. So let's just say, for the sake of argument, oh Joe, he got twenty million, Yes, ten percent, that's twenty two million. Okay, Now you work on you work on incentives and things like that. How much of the money is guaranteed because now you look at the top five, top six guys, their entire contracts are guaranteed. Yes, sir, the entire contracts is guaranteed. You get twenty five thirty million dollars signing bonus at the time, and then you know the rest of it. So if it's a forty three million dollars dollar contract, you get thirty million guaranteed. So you know you over the next four years, three four years, you gonna get thirteen million. But you got your money. So they pro rated over the length of the contract, the signing bonus. They sprayed it out and the Bengals doing this and I, oh, Joe, I get it. This is a mom and park shop. Their dad Paul Brown beefit to the son Mike Brown. But no, Joe, everybody got three hundred to three hundred and twenty five million dollars.
Speaker 2: That's before you sold.
Speaker 1: Anything, any tickets, that's any concession, any parking pass, local TV, local radio, local sponsorship. So you go the NFL cutting checks for between three hundred and three hundred and fifty million dollars before you do anything locally, Yes, sir, and you gonna try to hard time me tell me about you're gonna take some money back if I do something in year one and you're gonna take money from your two, three, four.
Speaker 2: Now, y'all gonna get the bleep out of here. Yeah, listen, this is unforst This Unforcenate. It is frustrating.
Speaker 4: It's frustrating for me obviously being being a huge, huge Bengal advocate noise riding for my team, the ups the downs, and and us already having issues on the defensive end and knowing that's what we need to focus all our attention on.
Speaker 2: And having a player that you draft so high and.
Speaker 4: And and and and having these issues and having them not be a part of you know, mandatory mini camp and him actually leaving and there's an opportunity and maybe a chance that he can opt out and go back into It's just it's a distraction.
Speaker 2: Is he interesting to see? Ojo? How have they done this with other contracts?
Speaker 4: Well, listen, I told you, I told you it was a hold up, you know, I mean a little little little birdie told me a birdie close enough that they had some wording and verbiage and chasing Ti Higgins contract that they held it up just a tad bit. Yeah you got old hell no, not no, not us. So so this was this was lingering a little bit. But because they are who they are, they were able to get that, you know what, ab out of there.
Speaker 2: So now we about a rookie who is yet to prove himself.
Speaker 4: You know, we got to that. They already been proven. So man, were not signing nothing until that's the out of there. So now in this case, they ride with it. They're trying to draw land in the sand. And so what that means if they start because Harry is the thing. I'm not gonna let you start the president with me, because what you do if you put it now. So in twenty twenty five they put this in his contract.
Speaker 1: Guess what all the rookies that signed with the Bengals moving forward is gonna have in their contract and language. You're not gonna start that precedent with me. Yeah, it's not happening.
Speaker 2: Now. It's unfortunate, man, it's very frustrating, very frustrating.
Speaker 1: Now, yo, oh, y'all, don't know if you noticed this today the new passes for the LA Chargers practice jerseys jerseys.
Speaker 2: We missed something.
Speaker 1: Oh, if a rookie do not sign their contract after being drafted, they can re enter the draft the following year. They can also choose to enter free agency and potentially sign with another team if the draft teams right them aren't traded. A player who doesn't sign can either choose to sit out a year or re enter the draft later so he can do leverage.
Speaker 2: You become a free agent, what would you do?
Speaker 1: I ain't said, not like the money, I gotta player.
Speaker 2: I can't go back to college.
Speaker 1: I ain't got no eligibility because if I could, I go back to college and get a nil deal. But I'm going I'm gonna be a free agent because I'm sure Cincinnati was not the only team that had him high on their draft board. Now, is it something like is it something like a what do they call it? I think they used to do where you should draft the guy in the summer. What did they call that draft? Supplemental draft? I don't think they have the supplemental draft anymore. But if you took somebody Bobby Humphrey got drafted into the supplemental Draft in nineteen eighty nine, they took Steve Atwater first, but they had a supplemental draft. Bobby Humphrey went number one in the supplemental draft, which means the following year the Broncos didn't have a first round draft pick. So that's how the supplemental draft worked. If you took somebody, whatever round you took him in that following year, you lost that round of a draft pick. So with Shamark, With Moore, I'm sure others had him as a top as the first had a first round grade on it.
Speaker 2: Hey, which I'll got for you. Boy.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I'm not sitting out on Joe because, like I said, I want money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need that. I need that.
Speaker 4: If forget them, I mean the money part is obviously, but my childhood dream has finally come true. Yes, I would work all the obstacles. I overcame everything. I finally get drafted. Boom, Mama, I made it.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Now get here.
Speaker 4: That's another issue. That's another problem, something that I can't avoid. It's the business side of things. It's the ugly side of things.
Speaker 2: I hated.
Speaker 4: I know, young boy wanted to get out there and played. Yes, I understand if he sits out, I understand if he if he opts out to go back in the draft, I get it. I understand that he's frustrated. I'm sure his parents are frustrated. The agent probably frustrated and saw the fans.
Speaker 2: So listen.
Speaker 4: Joe'spocus piece, Joe's focus piece. But one thing about it. You know, if you if you know the Bangals, if you don't management, if you don't ownership, you're not finna bully them.
Speaker 2: You're not.
Speaker 4: You're not for to make them do nothing they don't want to do. You're not gonna set that president. And if you joke so.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know. But that's kind of why the Bengals have been in that situation. They wouldn't pay Boomer, they wouldn't pay a lot of their good players, and their good players left. That's kind of why they've been in the situation. Now you got an ideal situation. The last thing you want, O Joe, going into a season where you have so much hope and promise is distraction. Joe told you the Tray Hendrickson is a distraction because you're not asking how we're getting better, You're asking what should they do?
Speaker 2: I gotta keep asking this.
Speaker 1: Now I gotta ask answer another question about my first round draft pick and them not getting paid and them trying to set a president that no other team is setting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, distraction, But the Bengals don't see.
Speaker 1: But here that's the thing, though, o Jo, Because see, there's really no benefit other than your your ownership, wanting pride.
Speaker 2: That's the only benefit of winning.
Speaker 1: Because guess what, Ojo, whether you get whether you were the Philadelphia the Philadelphia Eagles got the same amount of money.
Speaker 2: Who was the worst, who picked first?
Speaker 1: Oh, Tennessee, they got the same rep new everybody got a check for three fifty.
Speaker 2: So tell me the incentive.
Speaker 1: See, we normally have an incentive because you prize money, oh Joe, you with them, you get three million, you get second, you get two million, so forth to so on. But just imagine would that be any incentive to win other than your pride? If okay, first prize get five million, second prize get five million, third pride get five million, what incentive is that, o Joe. So the Bengals really don't have any incentive to do anything because guess what, the NFL is gonna cut them a check for three hundred and fifty million, just like they're gonna cut the Super Bowl champion or the last place team. And that's before they sell anything or they have any event in the stadium. Yeah, So that's that's that's that's why I mean it takes a special type. I mean some ownership. Clearly, Harry Roseman wants to win. Even though the forty nine ers haven't won. Hell, they go damn near all in every year. Stand Cronketty on the other rams, he wants to win. He damn near shoved kIPS in the militable all year. If you notice, it's only the Bengals that do things like this, the high go and try to penny pinch bro. You getting a check for three point fifty three hundred and fifty billion, know, Joe.
Speaker 2: Damn hey listens, Well, it's frustrating.
Speaker 1: Why it's very frustrated because, like you said, the last thing that you want to have happened, oh Joe, is to happen.
Speaker 2: Why are we still.
Speaker 1: Talking about a rookie a butt not signed, and here we are we damn it, We're damned it.
Speaker 2: In July, we're going We're going, Hey, we're going to training camp. In a month.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, who's training camp in the month? And you and I got to deal with this bull jive.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: New patches for the LA Chargers practice Jersey show both personal and team achievement on East Jersey. This is the first form of professional This is the first form a professional football team. Oh Joe, you like this? So, okay, got captain. I can't read this.
Speaker 2: So what was that the water bottles? Okay? Yeah, so he got like, you got a captain, so you got the captains.
Speaker 1: So you got a captain, and then you got a start for one year, two year, three on, and you got Pro Bowl, you got all Pro. If you got the franchise record most passing yards of the season, okay, oh Joe, you had the record for the most receiving yard, you would have a patch, now, I mean that would be you know what, it's kind of like, I guess look like NASCAR because you don't get that.
Speaker 2: I mean this this is strict, stricty for practice, right, strict from practic yah. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I like that. You could put a patt.
Speaker 1: You could put your patch on there if you have a sponsor, but they NFLF it let you put all those patches on it.
Speaker 4: Not without them monetizing and making some money off up and that ain't happening.
Speaker 2: But listen, not I think it's dope. Is It's not like it I do.
Speaker 4: It's no different than college you know, Ohio State buck guys.
Speaker 2: I think for sho you know, they get the they get the Tomahawks, and I think you remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you hear the declay, you get a you got a big going touchdown and you.
Speaker 2: Know, hey, you know I get I need to bring my hell be could I had on the days?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yo is filled up? Oh yeah yeah field up. Yeah. We have sculled the cross bowls right right, right right, we have called the crawl Bowls. Don't joke, Okay, okay, I mean I think it's dope. It's cool and cool.
Speaker 4: I mean this is I don't think you really did centivize NFL players and reminding them, you know, their accolades and what they've done, what they've done today.
Speaker 2: But if they.
Speaker 4: Still having it on the jersey and patches in some type of motivating, motivating tactic, I guess it's cool.
Speaker 1: Think about what what you would do when coach said he we win this game.
Speaker 2: We ain't got to come in till Wednesday. Boy, I don't care. Yeah, let me get money to Monday and Monday and Tuesday off.
Speaker 1: Many was gone, hey hey man, especially if you home, thank gods, trying to catch them fight out Sunday night.
Speaker 2: To go somewhere out of there, right out of them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, all right, hey, have a good practice. We off tomorrow. I'm like, really, do really, y'all gonna do this? So y'all so in other words, y'all been bullgiving the other practice. But it's it's it's little things like that, Hey, hey, we're gonna have a we'll have a cookout. Because we always did faith offense against the defense. It was always competition, whether we bowl, we we you know, we got divided up teams and shot and it was always off. We always compete against each other, right right right, And.
Speaker 2: So I get it. But I like that. I do like that old Joe. I like that. I like it. There's dope, dope, it's dope something new. Yeah, it's kind of like the All Star.
Speaker 1: You know, all Star in basketball, they started putting your accompliment four time league MVP Finals, m VP. How many All Star teams you made? How many All the NBA teams you made. So I like it. Uh, you think other team's gonna adopt this? On Joe, I think they will.
Speaker 2: I mean I think they will. It all depends and you think about it.
Speaker 4: When you look at the landscape of the NFL, you know it's only maybe three or four three or four players that's gonna have patches on their stuff now because they.
Speaker 1: Did it with the Walter Payton You remember, all Joe, if you wanted to Walter Payton the War they put that up, they put that d.
Speaker 4: Yes, I do I do remember that. I do remember that absolutely. But I think I think, I think other teams may adopt it. You know, some some teams might not really care for it or or or want to go to that extent of adding patches of accolades and what people have done.
Speaker 1: They do that hold on, they do that at this at the super Bowl now, you know how the guys come out there in the tracks, who's on Tuesday and for the thing that you see the MVPs and stuffy super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I like I like this. I like this. I can get behind it. It might be something new, might be.
Speaker 1: Some Joe left tackle Trent Williams fins. His goal is to play into his forties. He turns thirty seven in July. It's one of them things that were I'm going to do everything possible to play as long as I can and to put a good product on the foot on foot of football out there, and then when it's going my way, then I'll know. But I could play until I'm forty one, who knows. But that's a goal of mine. I'm definitely not going to retire with some left in the tank. So in other words, he said, that would the wheels fall off, he called rolls side of the system to drag my masks off the field. But until the I play it, that's it.
Speaker 4: And one thing about it, someone like Trent, someone of Trent Williams caliber, as good as he is, can play well into his forty as long as stay healthy.
Speaker 2: Yep, long stay healthy. That that's that's all Ago, That that's all it comes down to. And he asked it.
Speaker 4: Obviously, the older you get, the more technically sound you gotta be. The older you look, the more technically sound you gotta because them young bulls, you know, the coming that edge, Yojo, Well they are coming as great as he is. They got to make sure that kicks still right. Now, you got better better ankle down. So the thing is now, Ojo.
Speaker 1: Guys do a better job of taking care of themselves, regardless of position, and even though they might not have the most aesthetic bodies, guys take better care of themselves, right, Guys take better care of them.
Speaker 2: So they just do.
Speaker 1: Because I got into the league, guys were still smoking cigarettes. I ain't gonna call them. Name what guy was still smoking cigarettes? Hey, we get a break. God going to the car. They standing outside they car, they smoke it. Like I tell you, the funny thing I see. I saw Greg Towns and that the Raiders. I mean, we're walking in the first game of the season, we played on the road at the Old Coliseum. Man, I get I was walking out and walk into the locker room. By the time I get there, he's sitting outside on his helmet smoking.
Speaker 2: I believe I can't believe it on Joe, did I know guys? Yes, we had very prominent guys on our on our team that smoke. But yeah, the game.
Speaker 4: You know that classic picture of Lynn Dawson, Yes, that's that's exactly how town was sitting on his helmet smoking a cigarette.
Speaker 1: But you remember that picture that I think that picture has been black and white. Yeah, I saw it was my own color eyes. Hey, that's funny, man.
Speaker 2: It was wild back then. Like some of the stuff. I didn't heard the story. Boy, you ain't got to tell me. Listen, listen.
Speaker 4: I just said that twin piece for LT and I didn't got them got some good stories.
Speaker 2: I don't got some. I don't mean to be disrespectful.
Speaker 4: Right, but when you played football, when you used to fly airlines domessic, was that during the time they could smoke cigarettes on the plane when you got Yeah, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you used to be a smoking restaurants. You got a smoking section of a non smoking section. It's like would you like to sit and smoking a non and a lot of people like, well, what's first available? But but if you if you at a restaurant, what's about throwing? You might be back to back, but in a smoking section?
Speaker 2: Do damn? I want you know what history? Or is your pizzaself? Right? No? I don't think that was coming back on your Hell no, not smoking? And do now?
Speaker 1: Now you go to the casino, oh yeah, the club? You know anything they smoking cigarettes, se ridge weed, all of the club. That's what That's what really stopped me from going to the club. Bout yo whine may all that smoke. Man, you gotta hange. You gotta hang your shirt up in the shot out with stuff. Okay, I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't know that would be turn you from going to the club.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't smoked from going to the club. I don't like Oh cha, I can't stay. I ain't no, I ain't no late. I'm a I'm an early Roger, so I need to be in.
Speaker 2: Don't forget it now, your boy, here's an early riser too.
Speaker 4: Now, I understand. I understand what you gotta say. I take a nap during the day if I know I'm gonna want to do something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But when I went to Area twenty nine, yeah you had to do I had to do the show man. I slept for five hours.
Speaker 4: During the day. I get, yes, I can't hey when I go to Tutsi's. When I go to Tutsi's, you know, I gotta get me seafood, rice and lot to tail. I take a nap during the day. And the fact that I only go places where I can smoke my cigar. If I can't smoke a cigar, I'm not coming. I'm not coming, Like, don't even in fight me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm not like I said I but I really never like I'm not. I'm not really a go out type of person. I like to go out for it. And I ain't really trying to. I ain't trying to close the club.
Speaker 2: Down, right, right, right?
Speaker 1: A last call for alcohol, last call last. I ain't trying to be there, right, I ain't trying to. Hey, hey, you're still sitting on the stool and the man trying to move the stool out the way and try to clean up, and you're still there, broke, take.
Speaker 2: Your Hey, hey, the lights come on?
Speaker 4: I am and I heard some funny stories, like women look different, women look different than you know. You get a couple of drinks, so you know some people that's really not attractive, they look a little different. You get a few drinks in you they hit them blight song and you get to see what it looks like.
Speaker 2: And then you know what happened. What happened when you ain't got no alcohol in your sister? Hey, wait, something my homeboys say when the lights come on? That's the fourth quarter. You better get what you can. You better get what you can.
Speaker 1: Nah, I done lost this when I take my chance at this time