Speaker 1: It's call how much better are you as in for at player now the a year ago?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: I would say, just like a lot, a lot a lot better. Uh being able to be in a room for a whole year around great guys like coach Holland, and then you get to watch Fred dre and last year, ob watch the guys fly around every Sunday. So it can't do nothing but uh get better and learn from 'em.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You two personalities, and it seem like an easy going guy. It's easy to talk to you in the locker room, but on the field you just seem like all business.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I feel like most of us gotta have like on the football field. You can't kind of be the same as you are off the field, especially me. I play linebacker on defense, so can't really be as cool and calm or no like I am off the field on the field, Uh, just uh fast, physical and violent.
Speaker 2: Like last year at this time, you were playing a lot of real wine back. This year might be a little bit more world on the outside walls.
Speaker 3: Is is that right?
Speaker 2: And I did playing line a middle last year, you know, make it easier to play the outside roles this year?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I am playing a little bit more. I just been uh rotating in wherever they need me at. But uh, like you said, just playing starting at that mc uh for me, it just helped knowing kind of what everybody does. So switching to uh Sam and willis made it the easier adjustment.
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Where like specifically group Uh? I would like to say like actually being in the box I was in college more so like outside in kind of and now just just playing in the box, being comfortable in the box. Uh. How the linemen get to you from being in the box, from the way being outside, So just kind of everything that goes with it. Just just getting better at it and seeing it and it's slowing down for me. So that's good.
Speaker 3: Can you know just a difference to with just a couple this practice and maybe one more to go before the cut from ninety to fifty three? Different at practice? Uh?
Speaker 1: Not really? I think for us it's every every day we were going out there giving one hundred and ten percent uh and and doing whatever Kyle has us doing as far as periods and everybody's gonna give it. They all about teams.
Speaker 2: Do you feel more comfortable teams than you were a year ago.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I think it's uh just like just like linebacker, it's another year uh in the room, uh, doing the drills outside. Uh, kind of just being more acclimated to the way we do different things on special teams. So yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: How cool is it good for you to have green Law and Warner to the best to do it right now?
Speaker 1: Uh example as a extremely great Uh Like I said earlier, just being able to watch them for a whole year and now another year going into the off season, uh and coming out into the year. It's just been great to watch them and see how they operate, uh, their pros, pros, everything they do. They try to be the best at it, and they're they're as good as they are. They're always trying to be better, so that that's always a good thing.
Speaker 3: So you're a year ago, you're probably just you know, keeping your head above water and trying to keep up. And now you've done it for a year, do you look around at this unit and what you have in the pieces you haven't placed and think and this this could be a really good defense.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, definitely. I think, uh last year we had a really good defense, and I think, uh, every day they brought uh guys in and guys back for us to have another good defense this year. I think everybody's out there just working each day and uh trying to be the best we can be. Do you ever a connection with uh a little bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: Uh I had uh met him with Actually, the first time I seen him was like my freshman year. He was getting kind of award type thing for a homecoming game, so that was the first time I seen him. And then when I had came on my thirty visit, we actually got to talk a little bit more and everything, so that was great.
Speaker 3: Is it fun for you to watch? You got like Mustafa and Kyle said, Man, the guys are real plumper.
Speaker 1: U Oh yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He he just go out there play a hundred and ten miles per hour and he played defensiveway should be played.
Speaker 2: So anything else alright, Thank you appreciate it.