Speaker 1: Hey, ba fam, it's Mandy Money here aka Mandra. Listen, y'all, I want this to be the year when you finally learn how to be the badass negotiator that you have always wanted to be. Whether you are plucking up your courage and trying to ask for a raise where you currently work, or you are ready to negotiate a damn good, juicy offer from a new job, I am here for you. I have got a five step signature salary negotiation strategy that I only teach in my free virtual Nail Your Negotiation Masterclass. I've got one coming up in just a couple of weeks. You can sign up and save your spot at Nail your Negotiation dot Com. That's Nail your Negotiation dot Com. I can't wait to see y'all there.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, Hey, we're back. We're black. We're extra extra brown.
Speaker 3: Today because we have a guess ambition ambis ambition, ambis ambission ambition.
Speaker 4: Hey Manra, how are you triple the chocolate today? I'm doing well, my Valentine? How are you gorgeous?
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 4: You look so cute with your with your on your on your chesticle, well, you know, on my chesticle. Yeah, you know I have I have a child now, so I don't have a choice. I have to go down the Valentine aisle at grocery stores and pack his little Valentines for all his little friends who will not remember this because they're three years old. So why do I have to make fourteen Valentine's goodie bags? But anyway, I'm good. I celebrated Valentine's Day by going to hear my baby's heartbeat this morning. I went to the to the guy no, and I thought like, oh, yeah, I'm gonna wear I'm gonna rock the heart sweat, you know, the big heart sweater and go in and just be a little extra. The girls in the Obe office were not feeling the Valentine's vibes today. I was like, people gone through some bad breakups or what? Yeah, happy to be happy to be with you. How's your v Day going? How you doing good?
Speaker 3: Honestly, a lot of people reached out because you know, it's the day of love. And the truth is, I'm not. I was never all that super sentimental. I mean, Jarelle was definitely the super sentimental, so I would have woke up.
Speaker 4: To all the ones.
Speaker 2: I mean I was like, you're the lady.
Speaker 4: I would up to all the things, and it's always one in a couple, it's all yeah.
Speaker 2: And so that was him.
Speaker 3: But honestly, because I wasn't you know, I always appreciate it, obviously the effort, but not necessarily didn't need the things, and so I don't know. I actually feel okay today. I don't feel if I you know, if my sister hadn't told me, I wouldn't have known. I'm not really heavy on social today, so I probably won't see all the posts and things. But my friend Mark and his wife actually sent me chocolates and a car, which I thought it was so nice. But being marked, being marked, it was like happy, happy Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: Monkey.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know what, if you knew my friend Mark is not white. Yes, if you knew my friend Mark, you would know that that is something that he'd be like, I said, tivity buggy guard.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know, a market. But it was really sweet.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh so sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, Enrique tried to sneak out husband tried to sneak out the house last night at ten thirty, talking about I need to go to the store. I said, and I literally was like, Babe, go to sleep. Like I'm already mad at you because you didn't appreciate the breakfast that I made for you because you were in a rush. So like, just go to sleep and tomorrow just be you know, nice. That's the stage that I'm at in my marriage and relationships. Like, don't I'd rather.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Valentine's Day and the Jay Jay? Wait, do we just make that transition?
Speaker 4: It's a different Hey, it's V Day on Brown ambition, but not the time might Oh.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know that's a good title for your moani o our producer V Day, you know, via the Vagina V provo exactly. So we've got an also awesome guest today. Her name is Jenna Jenna Perkins. She is a g y N and a sexual help specialist. She specifically serves the Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia area, also know as the DMV. She's an RN and she's a Board certified Women's Health and Gender Related Nurse practitioner. She's originally from the d AS in Detroit, Michigan, Okay, Jenna. She completed her undergraduate studies and Masters in Women's Health at the University of Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: That's called Ivy League in their school of nursing.
Speaker 3: Her career as a nurse practitioner launched in a busy down in a busy downtown DC office, where she became an expert in urology, which is how I met her sexual health and pelvic floor disorders. She specializes in complex patient and complex patients and offers a holistic approach to care. So I just wanted to like, so how I met Jenna. This is just like kind of like our certain time kind of meeting because on one of my employees, we would always joke that like, girl, you know your coffee sneeze, you're like whip, They're God mondies, you know. Like I've always been a like there's never a time that I can't give you a urine sample.
Speaker 2: Never.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I just gave you one, I'm always ready. So I knew that it wasn't normal. Remember that time, Mandy, when we both had like COVID and we were coughing and we both were like, I know you're in a pad and not for not for your period.
Speaker 4: Listen, can I just full disclosure because I am pregnant now and rio eft up everything down there. My first he just came out swinging and it has not been the same. And I was shocked to hear Tiffany you have that problem too, because I thought, damn, I just went not this child, their friend, you know, done something, you know, like it wouldn't be the issue, but it's.
Speaker 3: Something we need to So I want to Jenda to come because honestly, I peed the bed till I was ten. I've always had a really hard time holding it, and so I wanted, you know, Jenna to come on to kind of chat with us about not just that but just like vulv of health overall. So Jenna, welcome to BA BA the Bride Ambition.
Speaker 5: I'm so excited to be here. Guys like I am ecstatic. And first of all, thank you for being so vulnerable and opening it up because both of you have in these experiences and sharing it with your audience. That's going to give so many women permission to say, hey, I heard that this is not normal, or I know that I'm not alone. You know there are other women that maybe have not had kids that are suffering. Right because we give ourselves these reasons, why right, this is happening to me? Because and therefore I don't deserve or should not explore options to make it better. It's because I had a baby, It's because you know, I'm stressed, or whatever. The reason is. There is hope for you, and there are solutions out there. So I'm so excited to get into it. I'm excited. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, can you just answer me this, Jenna? Why do I p on myself like I have not had a baby.
Speaker 3: Because you said something you asked me about, like where I held stress or whatever. So many just listen, this was so like I never thought about that. So yes, can you share why potentially someone who has not had children pushed the baby out might have a hard time holding when they have to pay.
Speaker 5: Yes, So I just have to give my disclaimer. I'm a nurse, but I'm not your nurse unless you come see me at Discover her Health in the DC area. So I can't give medical advice, but I can give some general kind of recommendations because just like you tip, I love to teach. I consider myself an educator Discover her Health. The her is healthcare, education and resources, So education is you know, my middle name as far as my business. But all of that to say just because you have not had some sort of trauma like a birth, does not mean that your muscles that are in charge of the bladder are not overworked, overtired, you know, not working properly, and so oftentimes, especially in women who are ambitious, you know, type A personalities, we hold our stress in our bodies. And so I can see from a mile away the lawyer walking down the street, just by the way that she walks, you know, And I think the question that I asked you was, what's your jaw like? You know, what are your teeth like? Do you gnaw your teeth at night? Because so many of my clients have had extensive dental work, and nobody when they are in the dental chair is thinking about their vaginas or their vulvas or their bladder. But it's all connected. You're one big zipper. So if you're stressed and you're tight in your jaw, then you're probably stressing and tight in your shoulders, and you're probably stressed and tight in your butt muscles. And the same thing in the pelvic floor, which are the tiny muscles that are in charge of so much function. It's in charge of birthing babies, it's in charge of sexual function, it's in charge of pooping. It allows you to breathe. Your diaphragm is a part of your pelvis and your pelvic floor. So literally every essential functioning, pooping, breathing, birthing, having sex has something to do with the pelvic floor. And so when people are like, oh, you do this and this and this and this, and how does it all connect, it's because I work with that very small area, the pelvic floor, which has so much function. And when there is so much function, there's room for dysfunction. Right, So yeah, so are stress? Can we can pelvic floor? For sure? For sure?
Speaker 4: And so I like say, clinching would be good because't Cagel's kind of all about the clinch I'm doing them right now. I always forget to do them.
Speaker 5: If you take anything away from this conversation is to stop doing the keegels.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, thank you? Wait why because my literally that's what I have been So I've been sick for so long and the chronic coughing, Tiffany, It's not paths anymore for me. It's full on going to the disposable underwear section of CBS. Although I'm not gonna lie I don't. I dore dash it so I don't have to because it's so frustrating, like change anyway, and my and I have gone to my my OB, my my prenatal you know, doctors and like that. She's just like cagels, you know, or once the baby's out, it'll be better, but tell me please.
Speaker 5: So first of all, she has ten minutes with you. That's all that she can really literally because insurance write her insurance or your insurance is like in order for her to be profitable, she has to see fifteen twenty people a day in order.
Speaker 4: To different ob every week. Yeah, I don't ever know who my OB is. I'm like, I just see someone.
Speaker 5: Different, right, And so to have an intimate conversation about something like this write something that's so learning, bro. Most people don't even want to bring it up to their providers, right, And so that makes it so that obgyns and other providers they don't have to think about it. They're like, most people are not asking me about it anyway. And it happens to so many women that I can just you know, brush them off. And if it's still happening post pregnancy, then we can have a conversation because I don't have time. I gotta go. I got five people waiting on me, you know, and they're dealing with serious things. You know, they got a pregnancy loss, they got someone with pre ecclansia, you know, like they are like urinary leakage. I don't have time for you know, you're fine? Are you dying? No? Okay, good, My hand's on the door. I got to leave the room. So and it's not because they don't care or because they don't want to give you the best service. Is that the medical model that we have, they literally are unable to care for you in the way that you deserve. So it's we have to advocate for ourselves as clients to say, no, listen, I need you to take this seriously, and it may not be the highest priority on your list, but I need you to give you some real direction. And kegels are not cutting it. Right. The reason that kegels don't cut it is because if you walked around with your arm clinched all day, you know, tight, tight, tight, if you wanted to pick up a bag or a baby or anything else, your range of motion is severely inhibited. Right, So you're doing this when you should be doing a full on squeeze, right. So that's all muscles. That's how all muscles function, and the pelvic floor is not exempt. So if your pelvic floor muscles are tight, if you're a tight ass, right, and you're walking around at baseline, just like clinched up when you go to Cofsnie's left, pick up that baby, your muscles don't have nothing left to.
Speaker 4: Give this, you're gonna leak.
Speaker 5: They're weak because they are tight, and so truly strength comes from being able to tighten. So at baseline, we're relaxed, we're chilling. Here comes to action, so now I know I need to tighten to protect right. So that's the skinny of it, and why I think that a lot of women suffer from incontinent That is worse when you do things like he was, because you're steady tightening, right, You're tightening, tighten and tightening, and then comes pain, right because those muscles are overworked and then they're tired. So then you're have an intercourse and you're like, oh, I don't like that no more. You know from the back used to feel good, but now I can't take it. Now I'm running right because those muscles are so tight, the same way your shoulders get tight and then someone comes up behind you and tries to do a little massage and you're like, I don't do that. That hurts, right, Yeah, so it's the same thing.
Speaker 4: What can help is out there waits.
Speaker 5: Come see me, Come see me. First of all, I'm jesting, but serious ingest.
Speaker 4: I didn't know there were pelvic floor specialist people that just are not on that.
Speaker 5: It's not a lot of meat in the world. I consider my skills to be unicorn skills because we work in silos in the medical system. Right. So traditionally I would have come out of school and gone straight to an obgyn's office and been caring for women who are pregnant or having use infections, right, And I would have stayed in that world. But because of my personality, I like the complex. I kind of run to If nobody else wants to see it, I want to see it. So I was very intentional about I want to see the women that nobody else wants to see. And so that landed me in a urology clinic. Right. Because to your point, people don't have time to be hearing about you peeing your parents. You know, and I can remember being a nursing student and having a client. We had to go into the community and we had a client or I had a client who her family was going to put her in a nursing home because she was in continent. It wasn't because just because in Comton, they just could not change her her right, they didn't have the capacity to be able to, you know, keep tabs on her and her diapers, right, And so they were like, well, we need help, we need support. It's too expensive to have someone coming in just to help her to the bathroom or to changer all the time, and we can do this, So we're going to put her in a home. And that really stuck with me. I really felt like, this woman still has some life in her and that's been cut short because her family does not have the capacity to care for her because of this condition. That there has to be treatments out here for So having that experience and a lot of other experiences, I was like, Okay, I have to be intentional about caring for women that need me, the most vulnerable women amongst us. And so I started to work in neurology, and so I had these gyn skills because I am a women's health and gender related nurse practitioner, So I can do the yeast infections, I can do the you know, ob care. I can do all of that. But now additionally, I can connect the dots between the women that are coming in with chronic yeast infections and chronic BV and all of these urinary tract infections are off so having in continent. Right.
Speaker 4: Oh, and I hadn't thought about urology at all, you know, right, And that's and and for people who don't know, that's your Yeah, I did just pee a little. Keep that in my No, but every time you hear a cough, just think rip to my.
Speaker 5: Disposition and therefore to your pocket, because those paths are not cheat.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, you know. And my husband brought the wrong size the other day and I was trying to squeeze my butt into a size medium and I'm like, and they're ripping, and I'm like, god, damn it, that's like falst.
Speaker 2: That job.
Speaker 3: That's why this conversation is right on time, because it's right. No one really like I mean, you'll see here obviously on Brown and Bision, we just talk about everything because you know, we're two brown girls now three trying to navigate life. And so you know this is something that I think not enough women, you know, feel comfortable talking about. To your point, you know, no one wants to act like something is wrong with their blah blah or something's wrong down there because there's so much judgment associated with that.
Speaker 4: So when you're so big, it doesn't seem like you. To your point, I'm not dying, and you describe so perfectly my experience in my OB's office that they care, but like I'm not. There's no like life threatening situation, so they scoop me on out.
Speaker 3: Let's pause this vagina chat because we have to go to break, you know, pay some bills, and we'll be right back. We're back like backshots, you said what I did that anyway, back to our conversation back Like what backshots?
Speaker 4: What's a backshot?
Speaker 2: Maybe you don't get a girl.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite position, is that like a sexual yes girl just from the back?
Speaker 4: Oh well, you know I don't. I'm not maybe two kids my maternity pillow during the act, because that is my level. Like there has to be.
Speaker 3: Some supports, like you already take that part out, Like.
Speaker 5: So urology is the care of the bladder. Just Okay, so urology is bladder care. So when we think about those pelvic floor muscles again, all of that function of peeing, pooping, sex, and birthing, the bladder is a part of that. Right. And so when we work in these silos, if I was only doing guy n are only doing obstetric care or only doing bladder health, it's hard to really have a holistic view of the whole person in front of you because it would have been super easy for me to just be like, Okay, well all of these women have overactive bladder, so now I'm going to give them these medications that are going to cause you know, long term side effects dry mouth, dry eyes, constipation, which is going to worsen their pelvic floor dysfunction. Right, and then they'll be back here next year for more refills. Right. And then when they turn sixty seventy years old, they're having memory loss because these drugs affect the brain. Right. So I think I was definitely a afforded the opportunity to have all of these skills that seemed like they didn't connect, but be able to put the pieces together. So and then the sexual health kind of came along with it too, because these same women were having vaginal dryness. You know, I really used I used to be able to have an orgasm in five minutes or less than that. Thirty seconds I was having an orgasm. Now I can't have an orgasm anymore. Or you know, the women that were coming in and saying like, I think I have a urinary tract infection, but nobody has been able to figure it out, when really it's because those muscles are so tight that it's signaling to your brain a pain signal, right, and so your brain doesn't know the difference between an infection or overact the bladder or tight muscles. It's just like go to the bathroom and will feel better because we relax when we sit on the toilet.
Speaker 4: I always thought it was like everything was too loosey goosey down there, and like envision like having a drawstring or just want to like turn yes. So you're kind of saying that it's the opposite, right, And you.
Speaker 5: Know it would depend on like we'd have to do an exam to see, right. But a lot of that tightening comes from if your muscles and if your you know, volvo vaginal tissue has not properly healed, then you can have overtightening. So both things can't exist where the look of your vulva the look of your vagina might look different. Things might be literally falling out right, Like your bladder can fall out. It's something called prolapse.
Speaker 4: I'm on that side of TikTok right now.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: I thought, yes, someone one was like I was peeing and then my bladder was in my hand.
Speaker 5: Oh, and you're like, what is this? You know, I've had patients coming in like Jenna, I think I have a penis, Like I look down there and I had a penis coming out, And what she's seeing is her cervix. Right, it has a whole, just like a penis, and her whole uterus had prolapse. So when you have so, you can have the structures that are literally changing and becoming loosey goosey, right, But those muscles are going to respond by tightening because something got to hold it together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny that you say that, because honestly, I've always been told like even now, if I feel like these are your trats whatever they're like, they've always been super tight same, you know, like holding on too, like the slurk, so I don't grind my teeth, but it's like I'm holding it here and apparently down there because when I was really little, honestly, at one point my doctor because I, like, you know, I was having such a hard time, they worried that I was being like assaulted potentially, and then that's why I wasn't able to like hold you know, my pee. That was not the case. Remember, they asked me all these questions. Anybody touch you? That I remember I remember just sticklarly like it was in the room. My mom and I had to be like second grade and the doctor was like doctor being I'll never forget.
Speaker 2: She said, does anyone touch you down there? I was like yes. She was like who a city you? Because I look like what's happening? Because she was the only one other than my mother, and she was like, girl, I mean somebody. I was like, girl, you all up in there?
Speaker 5: You asked me question.
Speaker 3: My mother like is this a loud because this lady my mother just started busting out laughing like not the doctor's tiffany. I'm like, well she wasn't clear.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but stressed? I mean, were you a stressed out child? Like, what sort of other traumas did you have in your life that you know had your pelvis tight? You were you were in fear of something, you know, and so that's gonna manifest physically.
Speaker 4: You were anxious, interesting, very anxious. I think about Viola Davis's book because she had such a traumatic childhood and she talks about peeing the bed for a long time as a child.
Speaker 3: I was very anxious all the time. Honestly, I was an anxious child, anxious adults. I mean, it's honestly just now that I'm starting to finally release some of the anxiety that, like I carried with you, I didn't realize I gotten so used to it that now that I'm not carrying around largely most of that anxiety that I'm like, wait, is this I felt like up until like therapy, honestly, that I was always walking on eggs shells a free always always always wait, you know, always, And so now that like, you know, after Drill passed away and I was like, I don't want to live in this space anymore in that kind of way, like I'm like.
Speaker 2: Wait, is this what relax feels like? I've never been relaxed.
Speaker 5: It's hard yeah, And so a lot of the work that I do with my clients is training you on what it feels like to not be clinching all the time, right, So teaching you how to breathe so that you can create space in your pelvis to give your public floor muscles permission to relax. Because right now your baseline is type tight tight Tight's that's all that it knows, right, And so you have to train your brain and literally reteach your muscles how to work properly.
Speaker 4: So, can you talk about some practical tips generally for anyone who's suffering from like pelvic floor issues, what we could be doing, because honestly, it's like we saw that one episode of Oprah in two thousand and four about doing cagles and it's just like that's the go to.
Speaker 5: Yeah what Yeah, So if kingos aren't all bad, like I don't want it. You know, there are some clients that they are indicated for, but if you have pain and if you don't know how to properly do them, then they're not right. So I would say that if you are doing them on your own, you need to have a coach in the way of someone like me, Like I'm a women's health nurse practitioner, or you can find a pelvic floor physical therapist, someone who can teach you in a couple of sessions to make sure that you're doing the exercise correctly, because if you're doing it incorrectly, you are working against yourself, right, because if you think that you are tightening the muscles around the bladder because you have urinary leakage, but then you're just tightening your butt muscles instead, right, So then when you go to poop, those muscles can't around, your rectum can't relax, and now you're constipated, you know. So really you need to work with a specialist to figure out how to do the exercises correctly, and then you go on your own and do it. And so there's lots of information I would say if you find ISSUISH I s s w s H. It's the International Society for the Study of Women's Sexual Health. There are lots of gynecologists, nurse practitioners like myself, youurologists who are members of this society, and we are all really trained on the pelvit floor and the impacts of the pelvile floor and all of the function and dysfunction that is there, and I'm going to give a shout out real quick. There is a public floor physical therapist on Instagram. She's the Vagina Rehab Doctor. She's black, and she has like a lot of online resources that you can sign up to do some stretch lass Vagina Rehab doctor.
Speaker 4: Immediately, what are you want?
Speaker 5: I know I should shout out myself first. I am on social media as Discover her Health. It's d s COO v h e R Discover her Health and my website is discover Herhealth dot com. And so I share a lot of information on my Instagram page too, and have some plans in the works to launch some courses to teach you all about sexual health and bladder health and all of this stuff.
Speaker 4: So for black women, especially, like I know Tiffany suffered from fibroids, and can you speak a little bit about like, I mean, that's such a I think we're just now understanding how like what an epidemic this is almost for Black women, especially in our community, Like can you talk about just the importance of advocating for ourselves. Is it that doctors over overlook our pain or is it that we diminish it? Like what's your advice for women who who are in our community who are dealing with this, and why has it? Why are we just more likely to be suffering?
Speaker 5: You know, it's a heavy question. It's a lot of things. One the doctors, the nurses, they don't know, they don't know any better. They're telling you to keegle, not because they know that it's going to harm you, right, but because they we don't get this education in school, like I am self taught in most of these things, Like I had to seek out conferences and become certified and learn these skills. I had to intentionally do that, and I was blessed enough to have the space to do so. You know, So most of your providers are not going to understand the first thing about the public floor, which is why they're telling you to keel, even though you don't necessarily need to. Y'all say that. And I think that the more we advocate for ourselves as clients, the more the provider will have to be like, well, you're not about to catch me slipping, You're not gonna like educate me, you know, So then they are going to take, hopefully take that up to become educated about the public floor. So we have to advocate for ourselves. We have to find the experts, and then the experts have to know their weaknesses. So gynecologists have to know who to refer to. Primary care providers have to know who to refer to. And so that's why I'm excited to be here so that I can, as a young black mom of a three year old and a one year old, with all of these lived experiences with my black face right be on this podcast and say like, I am here doing this work because there are not many of me, and hopefully I can inspire other nurses, other nurse practitioners, other obgyns to start to take up the work and start to do it alongside me. So it's a heavy question and I am just you know, trying to do my part. I quit my job. I was like, I can't do this anymore within the system. I have this dream. It's on my heart, like all right, God, I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but I'm gonna follow Tiffany. It's you know, she's gonna help me launch this business and I'm gonna help her with three thousand floor I.
Speaker 4: Love a quitter, though, I love a career quitner. I didn't realize that, so you left and so now this is your Well, I do know that you're an entrepreneur. So when did you launch this particular business and how has that journey been?
Speaker 5: Okay, so today marks one year in business.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh congrats, I'm a baby business owner too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you. So one year ago I had a job offer making the most money that I would have ever made. You know, it's a really great job offer. And then I had a panic attack, and I was like, why am I stressed?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Because now I teach you all day you have to listen to your body. You have to listen to the city. Why is my body telling me that I am not aligned? You know? Why am I feeling physically unwell if I have this amazing opportunity in front of me. And I just knew that I had to launch Discover Health. I had been talking about it, and I was just like, it's now or never. At that point, I had my second baby in three years, you know, he was six months old, and I just felt like I was not getting the care that I wanted and there were there was no Discover Health for me as a post part of mom. So I was like, I have to do this and so having those children too, I had two home births. I think I just felt kind of invincible, you know, and I was like, I.
Speaker 4: Can do anything.
Speaker 5: Yes, back to that, Yeah, So I felt invincible and I was like, it's an hour and never. It's on my heart. I don't feel well in my body. I know that I'm not aligned, and so I just have to keep pushing forward and do this even though it's never been done and nobody else is doing it, but here we go. It's now or never. So when I got the email to record today, I was really just like I started. I was like, thank you God, Like, thank you God, this is I feel aligned. So looking back over this last year, I definitely feel like I am walking in alignment and I know that I'm on the right path just because little signs like this, So.
Speaker 2: God not that's what we like to call God.
Speaker 5: I love God.
Speaker 4: Really. That resonates with me so much because that's exactly when I started my business a couple of years ago. Tiffany was at the beginning of that, like scraping me off the floor of my panic attack moment and you know, helping and supporting me on that path. And I believe in that so's it's these little signs that your voice is needed, that it's that you're and I can just see, just like when I talk about negotiating, I see that sparkle in you, and I'm just I'm so excited that you took that lead.
Speaker 2: Deep thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't when you have kids and you can manage your own schedule.
Speaker 2: Yeah you would.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm working harder now than I did before.
Speaker 2: Yeah you are.
Speaker 5: I'm like, what a sleep?
Speaker 4: That's okay, we can work on that. That.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. I mean, it's a lot, especially in the beginning, you know, like.
Speaker 4: It's your Beyonce era like Tiffany's.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, sometimes that's just what it looks like. But it's still there's a freedom that cannot be replaced or mimicked in you know, working for someone else. There's nothing wrong working for someone else. So certainly when out shading next, I love when I top three school, But there is a level of like and freedom within within the within reason, meaning like you know, like what you can make, you know, there's really no cap on it, and certainly you know you have some choice over schedule, although in the beginning it won't feel like that, which is that's just how it goes for the most people in the beginning. But yeah, no, I just love that, like look at us three brown girls, three business brown girls just out here.
Speaker 2: You know, you know it's a love fest.
Speaker 4: That it's Yeah, yes, it is.
Speaker 3: Possible no matter what it is because look at Mandy negotiating queen. We have Jenna Vova queen. I love that Big health a big health queen, right, and then me personal finance queen. So it's just it is possible. Hopefully you know those you listen can see yourselves and our journeys. But you know, Jenna, we really want to thank you for coming. This was awesome songs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 3: So if people want to find you, even if they don't live in DC, I know you have very helpful website. Share again where they can find you on social and your site and how they can keep they can keep connecting.
Speaker 5: Yes, definitely follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Discover her Health d I S c O v h e R Health. The website is the same discover her health dot com. We have lots of posts and resources working on some courses and yeah, follow me there for all of the updates. And I'm excited to give the girls what they deserve.
Speaker 4: If there's one key thing I'll take away from our convo, Jenna, it's like I thought I was advocating for myself by asking about my issue, But the real challenge is when they give you a simple answer and pat you on the head coming back after that, and it's like holding yourself accountable to go back and be the squeaky wheel, which even I still struggle with. I can do it when it comes down to negotiating money, but you know, I just can't find the same passion for my bladder and my wulva, but I should.
Speaker 5: You need an advocate, and I'm happy to be that for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and to actually and recognize that they don't know the answer, but make them give me a referral or make them, you know, point them and to your point, if we ask those questions, it'll put the pressure on them to find answers, you know. So thank you so much for sharing. This is a perfect day to This is the perfect way to self right valentime. Hell yeah, it's about our sexual health and our you know, loving ourselves and taking care of our bodies, like the essential part. So this was perfect.
Speaker 5: This is so wonderful. I'm so happy that you guys had me.
Speaker 1: Hey ba fam, we could not do this show without your supports or the support of our team behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: The Brown Ambission podcast is produced by Cumulus Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: It's edited by the wonderful Imani Crosby and produced by Tanya Bustos. Dennis Stimplinsky is our in house tech curu, and I am Bandy Wichard Santos, your co host, and I will see y'all next week.