Speaker 1: The volume. What's up, everybody, Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. This is not quite an episode, but I did promise you all that I was going to get you my finals prediction, so I wanted to get that to you before the finals get started. So here we go. Now, as you all know, I'm a little bit long winning and I can never just be like bang bang, So here you have it.
Speaker 2: But no, honestly, this is a very interesting thing.
Speaker 1: So with my finals prediction, I kind of had this final prediction where I'm like, Yo, the Nuggets are playing really well, blah blah blah. Then I went back and forth like, but the Miami Heat, like it just seems destined, Like they were supposed to lose their game against Chicago and then they just made it happen, and then they were supposed to lose every other series after that, and they just made it happen. And so a part of it feels like destiny, but a part of it also took me to a place that's very interesting and I want you all to think about. So this could get a little long, so bear with me. Not the episode, just this list, So think about this. The guys responsible for all the championships in our life. It's a conversation I was having with a friend. Larry Bird, Magic, Kareem, Isaiah Slash, Dumars, Joe Dumars, Michael Jordan, Haiquin, Do Dream, Kobe Shaq, Lebron, d Wade, Steph Klay, Draymond Less Skips, Phil Jackson, Greg Popovich, Role's pat Riley, Dumars again, Joe Dumars, Steve Kerr, Steve Kerr nine championships, five as a coach for as a player, Steve Kerr. Then you have the one offs Boston and eight they beat Kobe and Phil, which are part of this list, Dallas and eleven beat Lebron and d Way and pat Riley which are part of this list, Toronto and nineteen which beat Steph Clay and I and Steve which are which are all a part of this list. And then you got Bucks in twenty twenty one which are not a part of this list, but it's actually a one off. And in Phoenix they beat Phoenix, so that is the that's actually the one which is interesting that no one on this list one, but they also didn't beat anyone on this list. All of the one offs have actually beat teams that are on this list. So I thought this was a very very very interesting year, I mean, excuse me, a very very interesting list, which made me start thinking, like, man, Boston may not win, I mean, excuse me, Denver may not win because they don't have anyone on this list one, two, three, four one offs that' said a lot of years. So the odds are actually not with Denver. Saw when I was going through this whole thing, I'm like, yo, I actually may not may need to move off the Denver pit and roll with Miami. Miami's playing well, the destiny seems to be there. They got the guys or the guy who's gotten it done, who's a part of this list.
Speaker 2: It's hard for me to roll with Denver on this.
Speaker 1: So then I started to do the matchups, and I'm like, all right, at point guard, you got Jamal Murray and Gabe Vincent, Miami kind of does the point guard by committee thing. And then after two you got KCP versus Max Strus. After three you got Michael Porter Junior versus or you can go Max Shreus there and you can go Michael Porter Junior, I mean you go Kayla Martin. After two, like their positions is kind of all over the place. It's not quite like a thing. They just played basketball. They put basketball players on the court, they played basketball, and they win. That's just what it's been. So, you know, I start looking at these matchups. You got Jimmy Aaron Gordon, you got Bam, you got Nicola, Yo kids, Joker, and like when I looked at the matchups, it's overwhelmingly favored Denver. But I feel like if you just go and if you just start watching that, you're kind of ignoring like what's been going on and very disrespectful to the Miami Heat, which has been And so if I'm the Miami Heat, I'm like, yeah, y'all, actually all can stay on that side, like, don't switch.
Speaker 2: Now, that's the way it's been.
Speaker 1: But it's been this way right, Like you're going through these matchups and all that, and I feel like you just you.
Speaker 2: Gotta be just making a mistake.
Speaker 1: Like you if you don't feel like you're making a mistake picking against the Miami Heat, you don't know basketball.
Speaker 2: You don't understand competition if that's what you do.
Speaker 1: If you're just picking against the Miami Heat, you really don't understand competition. And you really like think it's luck, that's what it is. You actually think it's luck that these guys are doing what they're doing, and it's not luck.
Speaker 2: It's not luck.
Speaker 1: So I went through this whole thing, right, and I'm like, man, I gotta roll with Denver in six. But that's just disrespectful. It's very disrespectful. So then I'm like, I'm gonna roll with Denver in five. And the reason I ended up on Denver, I'm gonna tell you why I actually ended up on Denver, went through the matchups, did the whole thing. Don't want to disrespect the guys who are on the list. I don't want to disrespect the Miami Heat and how they've been playing. Here's why I picked Denver. Obviously have been a better team all year. Den has been one of the best teams on it from start to finish. I think Denver has the best player in the series. And with all due respect to Jimmy, Jimmy's incredible and playing incredible.
Speaker 2: We all can agree.
Speaker 1: Nicola Yokich is on some all time great type stuff right now. All I mean, he's constantly getting better, he makes everyone else better. He's playing absolutely incredible. So I got the best player in the series. Miami also is going to incorporate Tyler Hero and I'm not sure they're going to go I'm not sure they're going to listen to what I said last podcast, which is if you need to boost and the spark, bring them in, but don't just and so that's not till game three. They said like he won't be back soon. So that's really a non factor. But one key thing that Denver has done that has made me say, but Denver is ready to win a championship, and it's this. They have not fucked around in any of their series. They had opportunities to close, they closed.
Speaker 2: They're getting it done.
Speaker 1: They might have lost one of the close out games to Phoenix maybe, but I'm not even sure they did that. I think it went to two, and then they won the next two. So they didn't fuck around like they Okay, y'all want to at home, cool home, coming back to your house over. Then they they swept the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Then they swept.
Speaker 1: Them, swept like brooms. So le Bron James. Prior episodes, I was talking about the know how, like having to know how, knowing how to do it.
Speaker 2: Lebron James know how to do it.
Speaker 1: They swept him, not messing around. And when teams do that, it's like, oh, they focused, they're ready, they're ready to win a championship. They're ready to win a championship. They're not messing around with these other teams. They're ready to win a championship. And so I teeter with this whole thing. Then were in five, then run six, but they ready to win a championship. I got the Nuggets in fives.
Speaker 2: RAP Peast